Raion

Pokemon Reworld (E1 release!)

6 hours ago, Scyl said:

My G, I don't want to do you like this, but you misspelled "release" in the topic name.

Thanks! I really didn't see that😅

unknown.png

when you try to pick froakie ame suddenly materializes out of the boundaries of reborn into this game.

other than that not really any bugs outside of the (unfortunately fairly common) spelling and grammar errors. id advise trying to get a native english speaker to proofread your dialogues and scripts, because theres a lot of errors in that regard.

i feel like rebalancing is in order though. volcanic cave as the field in the first area isnt even close to being fair, as people that picked a grass starter are able to 1vs1 the wild geodude and maybe the roggenrola if you have some levels on it. they absolutely get destroyed by any other wild mon. its stacked so unfairly against people that have grass starters its not even funny. please put a different field here, change how volcanic field works, or bypass using a field here.

also, on the note of said volcano, having drought torkoal appear in the very first area on a field that boosts fire moves seems kind of broken. same could be said for darumaka and heatmor, but especially so for torkoal.

nick is fairly overleveled when you battle him, and i highly suspect he has fairly good ev investment already given the fact his exeggcute was able to outspeed my chikorita. hes kind of unfairly stacked against the player at this point of the game, and the only reason i beat him was because torkoal is completely broken beyond belief.

edit: also knocking up means to get someone pregnant. i dont think thats supposed to happen here.

unknown.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ojama Yellow said:

unknown.png

when you try to pick froakie ame suddenly materializes out of the boundaries of reborn into this game.

other than that not really any bugs outside of the (unfortunately fairly common) spelling and grammar errors. id advise trying to get a native english speaker to proofread your dialogues and scripts, because theres a lot of errors in that regard.

i feel like rebalancing is in order though. volcanic cave as the field in the first area isnt even close to being fair, as people that picked a grass starter are able to 1vs1 the wild geodude and maybe the roggenrola if you have some levels on it. they absolutely get destroyed by any other wild mon. its stacked so unfairly against people that have grass starters its not even funny. please put a different field here, change how volcanic field works, or bypass using a field here.

also, on the note of said volcano, having drought torkoal appear in the very first area on a field that boosts fire moves seems kind of broken. same could be said for darumaka and heatmor, but especially so for torkoal.

nick is fairly overleveled when you battle him, and i highly suspect he has fairly good ev investment already given the fact his exeggcute was able to outspeed my chikorita. hes kind of unfairly stacked against the player at this point of the game, and the only reason i beat him was because torkoal is completely broken beyond belief.

edit: also knocking up means to get someone pregnant. i dont think thats supposed to happen here.

unknown.png

I have a grammar checker.

I'll try to fix all the bugs you mentioned asap.

what difficulty did you choose?

Edited by Raion

just beat the alpha on easy mode and found few problems:
- shiny rate is way too high honestly. (every 4/5 pokemon was shiny for me)

- nick is way too over leveled even for easy mode, and his gastly hit hypnosis more than that it missed.

- it's impossible to beat the alpha with just the grass starter due to the field effect doing 1/3rd of your HP every turn.

my team at the end of the alpha:
image.thumb.png.db2206dd9be940484f6295bb2d15e562.png

Edited by FurretIsTheOneTrueGod
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, FurretIsTheOneTrueGod said:

just beat the alpha on easy mode and found few problems:
- shiny rate is way too high honestly. (every 4/5 pokemon was shiny for me)

- nick is way too over leveled even for easy mode, and his gastly hit hypnosis more than that it missed.

- it's impossible to beat the alpha with just the grass starter due to the field effect doing 1/3rd of your HP every turn.

my team at the end of the alpha:
image.thumb.png.db2206dd9be940484f6295bb2d15e562.png

I'm currently fixing the problems you mentioned. A fix will soon.

Finally got to play it as well. 😄 I really liked it, the music was great, especially while escaping from the prison.

I agree that some of the pokemon shouldn't be available so early, like Torkoal, Roggenrola and Machop, since they're pretty strong for early game.

On the other hand I don't think that it is unfair for those who choose a Grass starter. You can just catch some other mons, and wild pokemon shouldn't be a problem since you can flee when you think you won't make it. It might be annoying to train a Grass pokemon under this conditions, but you can just hold it off for a little while until you get to train it somewhere else, and the trainers have other types as well after all. A solution could be to use the Superheated field or whatever it's called instead of the Volcanic field, as it doesn't inflict damage every turn. Reborn uses that field in Pyrous Mountain, so it would certainly fit as well.

Nick being so strong is a welcome challenge in my opinion, but the scaling between difficulty modes should probably be adjusted, so that easy mode is actually very easy, normal mode should be like Reborn, and Intense hard as hell. Currently it looks like the only difference is that on Intense, Nick's pokemon are one level higher. You could also give him other moves or Hold items, or change EVs/IVs accordingly if haven't done so already.

Normal mode is supposed to be on Reborn level, but EV/IV investment for opponents is slowly scaled up in Reborn and only reaches max investment at Charlotte, Nick felt like his investment was already fairly high, which would not be on Reborn level anymore. But who knows, maybe you intentionally made it so difficult 🤷‍♂️

As for bugs/glitches, I didn't encounter any, but want to point out two things.

1. In the cave, if you walk to the left near the entrance, you can see out of bounds. That's usually only the case in smaller rooms/ in buildings, I believe.

capture001.png

2. No idea if Nate's versus sprite is intentionally so far to the left instead of centered in the middle.

capture000.png

Edited by Edo
Nick

Okay I just replayed on Intense mode cause I was curious to see the differences and noticed a bug:

At the very beginning when you're on the run from the police and arrive at this building, Marie walks up to you from above. But if you keep the Cancel button pressed to skip through her dialogue, the dialogue will be over a few steps before she can reach you and she will walk back earlier. This causes the game to get stuck and not react anymore at all.

capture003.png

There's also this here (not a bug): At the HQ there's this staircase. If you attempt to walk to the right either from below (the spot where I am standing) or from above, you can just walk through and get behind the stairs and even up the wall behind them. Nothing gamebreaking though.

capture004.png

2 hours ago, Edo said:

Finally got to play it as well. 😄 I really liked it, the music was great, especially while escaping from the prison.

I agree that some of the pokemon shouldn't be available so early, like Torkoal, Roggenrola and Machop, since they're pretty strong for early game.

On the other hand I don't think that it is unfair for those who choose a Grass starter. You can just catch some other mons, and wild pokemon shouldn't be a problem since you can flee when you think you won't make it. It might be annoying to train a Grass pokemon under this conditions, but you can just hold it off for a little while until you get to train it somewhere else, and the trainers have other types as well after all. A solution could be to use the Superheated field or whatever it's called instead of the Volcanic field, as it doesn't inflict damage every turn. Reborn uses that field in Pyrous Mountain, so it would certainly fit as well.

Nick being so strong is a welcome challenge in my opinion, but the scaling between difficulty modes should probably be adjusted, so that easy mode is actually very easy, and normal mode should be like Reborn. Normal mode is supposed to be on Reborn level, but EV/IV investment for opponents is slowly scaled up in Reborn and only reaches max investment at Charlotte, Nick felt like his investment was already fairly high, which would not be on Reborn level anymore. But who knows, maybe you intentionally made it so difficult 🤷‍♂️

As for bugs/glitches, I didn't encounter any, but want to point out two things.

1. In the cave, if you walk to the left near the entrance, you can see out of bounds. That's usually only the case in smaller rooms/ in buildings, I believe.

capture001.png

2. No idea if Nate's versus sprite is intentionally so far to the left instead of centered in the middle.

capture000.png

First of all thanks for these kind words.

I'm currently working on a fix, but i just don't have that much time for Reworld so you'll have to wait a few days for the fix. 

A bug fix is out. I hope that this fixes all the current bugs.

New screenshots!

I hope you like them!

Spoiler

156968521_Screenshot(328).png.e80cb74ded9649d982022b71f8ff9b98.png

1665833325_Screenshot(342).png.7c410ef79972ee79bc0cc7ce6c822cf0.png

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Raion said:

New screenshots!

I hope you like them!

Hide contents

156968521_Screenshot(328).png.e80cb74ded9649d982022b71f8ff9b98.png

1665833325_Screenshot(342).png.7c410ef79972ee79bc0cc7ce6c822cf0.png

Yeah!!! I love it so much. I can't wait to see more.

• Thanks 1

The Enigma Discord Server got a Reworld section. There you can talk about Reworld, see updates and report bugs.

Here's the link: https://discord.gg/nVehMgV

(But all the things you can do there you can still do here).

• Like 1

Another screenshot!!!

Spoiler

1825164936_Screenshot(335).png.3f7174f99581e6bade0a8613b1f27009.png

Also E1, will be done soon! There isn't much to do anymore but I'll still need some time for it to make it as awesome as possible! I hope you guys look forward to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raion said:

Another screenshot!!!

Hide contents

1825164936_Screenshot(335).png.3f7174f99581e6bade0a8613b1f27009.png

Also E1, will be done soon! There isn't much to do anymore but I'll still need some time for it to make it as awesome as possible! I hope you guys look forward to it.

Ow, yes yes yes, that's just perfect!!!! Good job and keep it up.

• Thanks 1

Hello! I was playing the game and it is very interesting. I did come across one issue, which is the running shoes does not work. When you go to click and hold for the running your character doesn't run. So I don't know if there's something causing it to not do it or something.

Edited: Nvm I found out what the key was. Didn't think it was the Alt key for the running. Thought it would be something like Press and holding Z or something.

• Thanks 1

POKEMON REWORLD E1 IS FINALLY RELEASED!!!

I hope you guys are going to enjoy it and look forward to Pokemon Reworld E2 Blood In The Shadows.

You guys haven't joined the Enigma&Reworld Discord Server and want see some streams of these games developments?

Join it now:

https://discord.gg/pbtJXk2

• Like 2

not gonna lie im kinda terrified of the existence of mega talonflame its a good thing tho that its its mega form that gets speed boost cuz good lord a speed boost talonflame with choice band would be horrific but even so while i dont normally like being too overpowered and i normally save my mega spot of my team for my starter (usually blaziken or swampert) talonflame may end up taking it in this game unless something else comes around that catches my eyes even more

How long is the current version ? ( cause i prefer to wait for more content before testing , i don't like when a good game is ending too fast lel ) 

2 minutes ago, Zarc said:

How long is the current version ? ( cause i prefer to wait for more content before testing , i don't like when a good game is ending too fast lel ) 

The game takes about 4 hours (when you use forward like I do).

Allright , thanks ! 

When i first meet Nyx, after Ray moves aside my character stays still and the game gets stuck there, any way to fix it?

3 hours ago, Tacuara said:

When i first meet Nyx, after Ray moves aside my character stays still and the game gets stuck there, any way to fix it?

On the first page below the download link is a patch for it. When you use the patch don't continue in the Old Library.