V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

I'll second the idea of her running duradulon, though I'd guess that it'll take up her Mega slot. As different as she is from the rest of the family, she is still a Blakeory, who have served as the backbone for building both of Aevium's two largest population centers. A massive skyscraper is bound to be utilized by someone in the family, and if it's not Saki, then one of the others will likely wind up being battled at another time.

I don't really see her running aegislash personally, but that's also based off of her original personality and we have no idea what her new one is/ was (there's a non-zero chance that she'll have shaken it off like Adam did atop the pyramid by the time we fight her). It's almost certain that they're gonna use her fight to showcase some of the Crests in V13, with togedemaru being my highest pick in this regard (it seems like a silly pokemon for a high-levelled Gym Leader to use, which would be fitting for her out-there personality, and honestly doesn't require quite anywhere near as much work to make dangerous as some of the other Pikaclones). I also wouldn't put it past her to run the goofy-looking probopass (remember that Ryland had two Crested pokemon on his team in V12), but I'll admit that this is also a bit of wishful thinking on my part. 😅

6 hours ago, redcellbestcell said:

I wonder... will Tesla get an event in Sheridan Village? like really, she don't want to go there, have no purpose to get there but... after WLL, she maybe have something there that she need to know.

Maybe after she and/or Amber meet Aelita and she tells them about Keta.

1 hour ago, Draconis said:

My bets on Saki's team:

Duraludon

Aegislash

Maybe Copperajah?

Scizor

Possibly Klefki

Metagross

Let me know what you guys think

Depends on the field I think, cause every pokemon needs an advantage, and it's probably gonna be the Factory field unless they add a new one for Saki in V13. And due to the new moves and abilities in Gen8 there's bound to be some additions to the already existing fields as well. For example Steel Beam might cause less recoil damage or so, and Stalwart could give a boost.

Aegislash is so strong it wouldn't care about the field, and Scizor's Technician would boost up to 80 base power moves, but Copperajah and Klefki don't look like they'll fit in. Klinklang isn't the best, but gets heavily boosted on that field, and Bastiodon with its Crest might be interesting as well. Although it could be she has some other mon with a new crest that gets added in V13.

And she'll probably have a Mega-Duraludon, would be the perfect opportunity.

Also maybe, from now on, gym leaders will have legendaries since we've reached the last quarter, and since opponents from here on out seem to have some as well, like the Red-haired Silver surfer with an Ultrabeast, or Damien as potential Dragon leader with Latios. Would be cool to see a Magearna or Genesect on her team.

15 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I'll second the idea of her running duradulon, though I'd guess that it'll take up her Mega slot. As different as she is from the rest of the family, she is still a Blakeory, who have served as the backbone for building both of Aevium's two largest population centers. A massive skyscraper is bound to be utilized by someone in the family, and if it's not Saki, then one of the others will likely wind up being battled at another time.

I don't really see her running aegislash personally, but that's also based off of her original personality and we have no idea what her new one is/ was (there's a non-zero chance that she'll have shaken it off like Adam did atop the pyramid by the time we fight her). It's almost certain that they're gonna use her fight to showcase some of the Crests in V13, with togedemaru being my highest pick in this regard (it seems like a silly pokemon for a high-levelled Gym Leader to use, which would be fitting for her out-there personality, and honestly doesn't require quite anywhere near as much work to make dangerous as some of the other Pikaclones). I also wouldn't put it past her to run the goofy-looking probopass (remember that Ryland had two Crested pokemon on his team in V12), but I'll admit that this is also a bit of wishful thinking on my part. 😅

Duraludon is already confirmed on her team from that Twitter account Zumi linked. But I like the idea of Togedemaru 😂

Edited by Edo

Are they going to reuse mons? I seem to recall Adam having a Probopass.

Duraludon, Klinklang and Scizor all seem like easy picks. Aegislash I'm not so certain about. This is Saki, not Titania after all. (I haven't played Reborn to such an extent, but I do understand that Titania's personality and theme is very different from Saki's).

Magnezone might also work. Either with an Air Balloon or seed. (What does the seed do in Factory Field? Is it Focus Energy)

She'd need to explain to us why she has a legendary.

Wait, the Twitter actually got updated? And here I thought it was just an April Fool's joke!

I mmean, explaining a Legendary is actually quite easy in Saki's case. She's an inventor, and Magearna and Genesect are both at least partially mechanical in nature. Between the two, the former seems more likely to me- the biological aspect in Genesect may be beyond what she's willing to put up with.

4 minutes ago, Delta3416 said:

Duraludon, Klinklang and Scizor all seem like easy picks. Aegislash I'm not so certain about. This is Saki, not Titania after all. (I haven't played Reborn to such an extent, but I do understand that Titania's personality and theme is very different from Saki's).

Magnezone might also work. Either with an Air Balloon or seed. (What does the seed do in Factory Field? Is it Focus Energy)

She'd need to explain to us why she has a legendary.

Well if it's an Magearna or Genesect she could've built/modified them herself. Also Giratina followed Geara just like that, didn't make much sense either.

Yeah Magnezone seems likely.

Edited by Edo

Well, Duraludon, Metagross, Scizor, are, as said, easy picks. I think there's a chance she has a Registeel, the one from her grandma the (ex?)Protector of Aevium Hazuki. It would be an interesting twist for the rebellious Saki to have been tamed into being the Blakeory's heir and taking their mantle or something like that. The Twitter seems to contradict this, but let's see. 

Maybe she doesn't have an actual Registeel in her team but we have to fight a Rift Registeel in her arc. 

3 hours ago, Delta3416 said:

It's happened a few times already. Rotom being used twice is understandable (especially when of them one of them isn't even an appliance), but claydol (Ryland and the Puppet Master) doesn't have the same luxury. The most egregious is the fact that Amber's got a chandelure- another Gym Leader's ace! Every non-Legendary Steel Type is fair game for Saki, based off of that precedent.

23 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

It's happened a few times already. Rotom being used twice is understandable (especially when of them one of them isn't even an appliance), but claydol (Ryland and the Puppet Master) doesn't have the same luxury. The most egregious is the fact that Amber's got a chandelure- another Gym Leader's ace! Every non-Legendary Steel Type is fair game for Saki, based off of that precedent.

Yep, every pokemon even if used before is fair game. It's not like they're just not gonna give a gym leader a good pokemon because another gym leader used it.

I was thinking more to the line of Togedemaru, Metagross, Genesect, Klingklang(Maybe a field that lets it have a seed that gave it free protect to set up Shift gear), Magnezone and M-Duraludon

but man all of these thought of what team Saki will use is really making me quite salty, running a Steel monorun on rejuv right now but all of those great steel pkmn like Scizor, Metagross and Aegislash would not be available till pretty late in the game, well just got to accept it and settle on my wormadam i guess  

I mean, outside of the Legendaries and duradulon, all of those are already available to you before you get to her, and even then duradulon's only missing because it's entire Generation is. you'll probably be able to mirror her almost perfectly in terms of the species are concerned.

21 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I mean, outside of the Legendaries and duradulon, all of those are already available to you before you get to her, and even then duradulon's only missing because it's entire Generation is. you'll probably be able to mirror her almost perfectly in terms of the species are concerned.

Well fair enough just ranting how hard it is to get good steel mon as most of the good one is reserved in late game but i think we dont have drillbur and aegislash, i guess i havent got over on how i almost got PTSD while trying to beat venam whole team on intense with only Prinplup (dammit jan pls give at least pineco on chapter 1), god why did i choose steel as my monorun  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Is she still trying to kill Amber? 

Me and her are cool now, so that's a concern.

She will if Amber tries to visit her Animal Crossing island under charge of being dumb and mean, apparently

For a more serious answer, probably? While we were able to make up with Amber, Saki was abducted before that opportunity arrived for them, so her original personality would still have beef. And given that the Twitter appears to be using Saki's original design (remember that Valarie and Adam both sported different outfits and hair colors), it seems pretty reasonable to say that she'd have that personality the next time the two meet. Assuming, of course, that there's actually anything serious about that account and its not some extended April Fools' joke...

Just finished my run and now I am depressed..
A shame too, just had done a Hail Team that was powerful enough to defeat Doctor Isha without any casualties (except for the Kamikazi Froslas to take care of that Giratina)

Now starts the depression period until V13 is launched, yaaaay~
Hope we get to grab Mega/Z-Ring right away as well as soon as V13 is available

8 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Just finished my run and now I am depressed..
A shame too, just had done a Hail Team that was powerful enough to defeat Doctor Isha without any casualties (except for the Kamikazi Froslas to take care of that Giratina)

Now starts the depression period until V13 is launched, yaaaay~
Hope we get to grab Mega/Z-Ring right away as well as soon as V13 is available

V13 has quite a lot of sidequests. Have you done them?

1 minute ago, Magus543 said:

V13 has quite a lot of sidequests. Have you done them?

Thinking of doing them, for now I am taking a break since I was playing for 5h straight already, heh
Man I wish GameFreak made Pokemon games like this.. They could learn a thing or two from this, maybe start creating difficulty options so we can have some challenges in the main series as well instead of being mega casual mode.. 

4 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Thinking of doing them, for now I am taking a break since I was playing for 5h straight already, heh
Man I wish GameFreak made Pokemon games like this.. They could learn a thing or two from this, maybe start creating difficulty options so we can have some challenges in the main series as well instead of being mega casual mode.. 

Especially length, it takes longer to beat this game than 2 main games. I'd love a Pokemon game that is as long as typical JRPGs like Persona 5 or this game.  

3 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Especially length, it takes longer to beat this game than 2 main games. I'd love a Pokemon game that is as long as typical JRPGs like Persona 5 or this game.  

I would say as long as THREE main games, depending of which we are talking about but considering the game isn't even done yet it can become as long as four, maybe even five, after all there are still 4 more gym leaders to beat plus the elite 8 and don't think I forgot about that help center in the desert as well!

16 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

I would say as long as THREE main games, depending of which we are talking about but considering the game isn't even done yet it can become as long as four, maybe even five, after all there are still 4 more gym leaders to beat plus the elite 8 and don't think I forgot about that help center in the desert as well!

Like i pointed out in another post, the dev team have all the time they need to work on the game excluding when it comes to other affairs while GF has to make Pokemon games on a yearly schedule to appease their investors. Sword and Shield despite me enjoying them, clearly needed more time. 

I always think "yeah, I wish main pokémon games are like that" but I also think about how Rejuv or Reborn have been ongoing for several years now and, in Rejuv's case, is not even close to finished. But I always wonder what would these obviously talented creators make, when given a professiona team and freedom. I am grateful with what we have, tho