V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

1 hour ago, Edo said:

You get Mawile after Blacksteeple, perfect IV Sylveon is indeed at Alamissa

Oof in Blacksteeple we actually get to battle using Sylveon and that's where the confusion comes from, thanks

...I forgot that said sylveon had perfect stats. I've been using the fact that Baby pokemon are guaranteed to have 3 31s to chain breed decent stats onto my current spiritomb project. The chingling in Sheridan have been particularly helpful in this case.

• Like 1

So far, Sylveon’s the only Pokemon that gave me incentive to EV train to the fullest potential due to perfect IVs. The rest of my team can utilize the 252/252/4 or other spreads, but because of random IVs they sometimes fall short of what they would’ve handle.

So, more on topic for V13, what do people think are some likely team changes to be made for gym leaders and the like?

Here are my thoughts.

-Marianette would fit having an Indeedee. Since it is the servant Pokemon. Also, most of its attacks would be boosted by the field.

-Angie might have a Galarian Darmanitan, but only in intense mode since it would be too powerful otherwise. Alternatively, maybe Kreiss has one (if we are going to Neverwinter in this chapter), and Angie has Frosmoth (for Aurora Veil I suppose).

-One of the Puppet Masters might end up with Orbeetle.

A lot of people have suggested Corviknight as a fit for Ren's team.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:15 PM, Jan said:

Old Content:

#################### | Map Updates (95%)

#################### | Script Updates (0%)

#################### | Misc (0%)

--------------------------------------------------

#################### | Total (31%)

New Content: 

#################### | Story (45%)

#################### | Mapping (45%)

#################### | Scripting (60%)

#################### | Sidequests (5%)

#################### | Total (40%)

Gen 8:

#################### | Battle Sprites (85%) (zumi's note: Gen 8 main dex is done! All that's left are the Gmax sprites 😎)

#################### | Move Implementation (95%)

#################### | Item Implementation (100%)

#################### | Roster Changes (0%)

#################### | Encounter Changes (25%)

#################### | Event Changes (20%)

#################### | Total (54%)

#################### | V13 Total Completion (41%)

Yes, it is supposed to be updated (not the quote lol, the first post) so we're at 41% there now

On 3/28/2020 at 8:54 PM, smeargletail said:

it only has one stat with a single digit iv which is attack, the rest are amazing or is that not the exact one?

As in my shiny volcarona has every single clyde damn iv in the single digits bar attack which has 17.

17 hours ago, Delta3416 said:

So, more on topic for V13, what do people think are some likely team changes to be made for gym leaders and the like?

Here are my thoughts.

-Marianette would fit having an Indeedee. Since it is the servant Pokemon. Also, most of its attacks would be boosted by the field.

-Angie might have a Galarian Darmanitan, but only in intense mode since it would be too powerful otherwise. Alternatively, maybe Kreiss has one (if we are going to Neverwinter in this chapter), and Angie has Frosmoth (for Aurora Veil I suppose).

-One of the Puppet Masters might end up with Orbeetle.

A lot of people have suggested Corviknight as a fit for Ren's team.

I can see Saki with a Duraludon if we get her gym in V13. Steel/dragon type maybe with some kind of field/seed nullifying ground-type attacks. 

1 hour ago, ArcaneArceus said:

Well, Volcarona isn’t a physical attacker, so that’s probably fine

Uh, he means that Attack is his only decent stat on it, and since it's the one volcarona explicitly wants to be as low as possible to avoid being savaged by Foul Play, it's decidedly not okay at all. It's quite the unfortunate situation, indeed...

1 hour ago, Draconis said:

I wonder if we'll finally get to meet the Dark and Fairy Leaders in V13.

I think it was said that we've already met them. At least I remember that it's confirmed for the Fairy leader.

30 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

about the whole team ideas ging into v13 i would say aelita1 would probably have that fighting type octopus (i forget its name)

Grapploct. And that might make sense to some level.

1 hour ago, Edo said:

I think it was said that we've already met them. At least I remember that it's confirmed for the Fairy leader.

Confirmed for both in the Q&A thread. The thing that gets me is that it was mentioned that both spaces are currently vacant (in the storyline with Amanda, and the Hospital of Hope). It’s possible that the plot of V13 will concern itself in part with getting new gym leaders.

Who would be a good candidate?

On 3/26/2020 at 11:33 AM, Zumi said:

ya i died and took all of the game's sprites with me into my grave so now there are no more sprites ever goodbye v13 forever

This truly has been a roundabout path thank you... Zumi

Edited by Display name

7 hours ago, Delta3416 said:

Confirmed for both in the Q&A thread. The thing that gets me is that it was mentioned that both spaces are currently vacant (in the storyline with Amanda, and the Hospital of Hope). It’s possible that the plot of V13 will concern itself in part with getting new gym leaders.

Who would be a good candidate?

I might be wrong since it's been a while that I played through the game, but:

Spoiler

I feel like I remember Damien being mentioned as the Dark type leader. And since the Dark and Fairy badges look like they complement each other, the two leaders are likely somehow related, either as relatives or because both gyms are located at the same place/town. So, I thought that his sister Alexandra could be the Fairy leader. There's still that one cave near Sashila Village blocked off by one of the villagers. That could be where we will fight them.

But Alexandra also always seemed like she'd be part of the Elite 8, so I'm not really sure.

On the other hand, the only Fairy trainer I can think of is the player's mother. I know she's dead, but there's a sprite in the game's files of her as a ghost, so we might get to battle her.

30 minutes ago, Edo said:

I might be wrong since it's been a while that I played through the game, but:

Hide contents

I feel like I remember Damien being mentioned as the Dark type leader. And since the Dark and Fairy badges look like they complement each other, the two leaders are likely somehow related, either as relatives or because both gyms are located at the same place/town. So, I thought that his sister Alexandra could be the Fairy leader. There's still that one cave near Sashila Village blocked off by one of the villagers. That could be where we will fight them.

But Alexandra also always seemed like she'd be part of the Elite 8, so I'm not really sure.

On the other hand, the only Fairy trainer I can think of is the player's mother. I know she's dead, but there's a sprite in the game's files of her as a ghost, so we might get to battle her.

Spoiler

Damien's been noted to have been pretending to be a Dark Leader in order to keep the position from being filled after the events of Where Love Lies, though I'd admittedly forgotten what his reason for doing so was. In any case, we're fairly certain that we'll be facing him with his "official" Dragon GL role, likely with his latios as his ace (I mean, what does a Dark Leader even need a latios for in the first place?).

The sprite of Nancy's spirit is already used in the game as part of a sidequest, so it seems immensely unlikely that she'd fill in the Fairy GL role either.

The general consensus I've seen as the two Badges will be given out by Cosmo and Cosmia, the folks that were impersonating us and Nancy in the Magnolia Theatre when we first arrived in Grand Dream City. While we don't really know much about them yet (aside from that mandatory scene, the only other time one of the shows up is when Cosmia shows up out of nowhere and abducts Kristilline's Quizmaster right before he can reveal who Madame X is), they do match the missing Badges' color schemes, clearly work as a pair (albeit with a blatantly unhealthy looking relationship), and qualify as people we've already seen. Given that the Q&A revealed that there will be a Version that gives two Badges and a Field Effect that benefits both Fairy and Dark Types introduced shortly before they officially were, it seems pretty reasonable to assume that they'll fill in that slot. Of course, this is all just conjecture at this point...

1 hour ago, Autumn Zephyr said:
  Hide contents

Damien's been noted to have been pretending to be a Dark Leader in order to keep the position from being filled after the events of Where Love Lies, though I'd admittedly forgotten what his reason for doing so was. In any case, we're fairly certain that we'll be facing him with his "official" Dragon GL role, likely with his latios as his ace (I mean, what does a Dark Leader even need a latios for in the first place?).

The sprite of Nancy's spirit is already used in the game as part of a sidequest, so it seems immensely unlikely that she'd fill in the Fairy GL role either.

The general consensus I've seen as the two Badges will be given out by Cosmo and Cosmia, the folks that were impersonating us and Nancy in the Magnolia Theatre when we first arrived in Grand Dream City. While we don't really know much about them yet (aside from that mandatory scene, the only other time one of the shows up is when Cosmia shows up out of nowhere and abducts Kristilline's Quizmaster right before he can reveal who Madame X is), they do match the missing Badges' color schemes, clearly work as a pair (albeit with a blatantly unhealthy looking relationship), and qualify as people we've already seen. Given that the Q&A revealed that there will be a Version that gives two Badges and a Field Effect that benefits both Fairy and Dark Types introduced shortly before they officially were, it seems pretty reasonable to assume that they'll fill in that slot. Of course, this is all just conjecture at this point...

Here's what seems evident to me so far:

-The cave in Sashila is probably used by Adam and Ryland.

-Cosmia and Comet are quite likely to be the gym leaders. I've also thought of Kelvin (for Dark) and Risa (for Fairy). Kelvin fits mainly since there is an abandoned gym in Oblitus Town.

-As for more speculation about Cosmia and Comet, they're working with Xen for... something. Also, Comet is stuck looking like us. They probably have some idea of who Madame X is, and also who Adrest is (or was).

-Which field effect are you talking about? Starlight? That might work, although currently it's nullified by weather effects - that might have to change. I came across this field during the randomised portion of the GDC Tournament.

-If we do fight both of them at once in V14 then a version after that (either one) would end up with no gym leader. It seems an interesting idea to me - could there be a different kind of boss at the end?

Right now Rejuvenation's storyline is looking more like a plate of spaghetti. Unfortunately, V13 will probably continue the trend by asking more questions than it answered.

3 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Well, in my opinion his Leader type doesn't have to mean he can only catch that one type. I thought that Latios might've been the one that chose Damien, or something like that. But if it's confirmed that he was just pretending, then forget what I said.

What I don't get though is how was he allowed to keep two leader positions? Or is him being the dragon leader also just theorized by fandom?

Totally forgot about those two impersonators, and can't even remember that sidequest. 😅 Good thing I started replaying to catch up with everything again.

But the theory for those two to be the leaders seems reasonable.