V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

12 hours ago, Delta3416 said:

Truly epic.

I suppose the locations are, in order, Goldenwood, Terajuma, Darchlight and Evergreen.

Also, is there an actual difference between the field effects in each area? Or is it only Darchlight that is different?

On that topic, I would definitely assume there are some fields we haven't really seen yet. For instance, first time playing through the Grand Dream Tournament, the fields were randomised. I got Starlight Field for one of them. I think it would definitely suit the Dark-type gym leader.

From what I recall, all the forest fields are the same except from darchlight

28 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Correct, though you could also say the last one is for the Forest of Time, as they share backgrounds, next to the filename being called BattleBgTime!

The old background that is currently in Rejuvenation being used for daytime, evening and nighttime are old backgrounds I made roughly 2-3 years ago, so just to give a little comparison for a before and after...

eiWlckA.png

Not only is the new background better in quality overall, the background has become significantly easier to edit for alternate forest fields due to only having a limited color palette and now being fully done in pixel art rather than being a blurry mess. It should save us a lot of time in the future, at the very least!

I'm probably going to add a couple of smaller unique details to some of these fields instead of keeping them as just recolors (especially Darchlight!), so look forward to the fully polished backgrounds in V13! :]

Wow. Just, wow. That looks astonishing, another reason to start playing Rejuvenation from the start! (along with my small little bean Pincurchin ^.^)

3 hours ago, Zumi said:

Correct, though you could also say the last one is for the Forest of Time, as they share backgrounds, next to the filename being called BattleBgTime!

The old background that is currently in Rejuvenation being used for daytime, evening and nighttime are old backgrounds I made roughly 2-3 years ago, so just to give a little comparison for a before and after...

eiWlckA.png

Not only is the new background better in quality overall, the background has become significantly easier to edit for alternate forest fields due to only having a limited color palette and now being fully done in pixel art rather than being a blurry mess. It should save us a lot of time in the future, at the very least!

I'm probably going to add a couple of smaller unique details to some of these fields instead of keeping them as just recolors (especially Darchlight!), so look forward to the fully polished backgrounds in V13! :]

Can’t wait! You’ll haven’t let us down once!

17 hours ago, Zumi said:

eiWlckA.png

What a drastic change in these backgrounds. (In my head : Poor Zumi. You had hard time but you're better at not giving up. Have a nice day)

Edited by RoyChaos

The backgrounds look indeed very pretty, and help rejuv strengthen its own character more. 

But the old circular bases don't seem to me like they mesh well with those improved backgrounds now (especially those yellow stripes at the edge of the bases). If I'm not alone in this view, hopefully it has been taken into future consideration.

(I may just be that one weirdo that feels that way.)

• Upvote 1

The new backgrounds are amazing, i really like them, but just to put my 2 cents in aswell, i agree with Dem here, the border of the Trainer bases do clash with the background somewhat (especially the bright yellow ring in the darchlight woods version)

Edited by Falirion

• Veterans
3 hours ago, DemICE said:

The backgrounds look indeed very pretty, and help rejuv strengthen its own character more. 

But the old circular bases don't seem to me like they mesh well with those improved backgrounds now (especially those yellow stripes at the edge of the bases). If I'm not alone in this view, hopefully it has been taken into future consideration.

(I may just be that one weirdo that feels that way.)

1 hour ago, Falirion said:

The new backgrounds are amazing, i really like them, but just to put my 2 cents in aswell, i agree with Dem here, the border of the Trainer bases do clash with the background somewhat (especially the bright yellow ring in the darchlight woods version)

I actually haven't gotten around to editing them to match the colors better along with generally blending in better but I'll do so soon!

...Or alternatively, we can opt to not have anything for the base at all, but for consistency's sake i'll look into the former first.

• Like 4

The photos we were given in December featured a room with books and a skeleton. I think I know what this is, but other people maybe haven't realised yet what it actually is. I think that this photo is the INTERIOR of Axis High University.

If you recall, we have not seen the interior (closed due to final exams), we have only seen the outside of the building from the Festival of Dreams.

Also paired with Jan giving his location that way, it hints at some of the events taking place inside the university in V13. (I'm fairly confident that before V12, his location was set to 'Zone Zero', so that's a major hint).

2 hours ago, Draconis said:
  Hide contents

Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out here, but am I correct in assuming we'll be facing Angie's Rift Regice(?) at some point?

Spoiler

Well, her dialogue with Cera after unfreezing her hinted at a comeback, so yeah, it is the most likely scenario. Also, since we faced Rift Aelita (Regirock), and Vivian had a Regirock, we may be able to fight Hazuki's Registeel, or at least a descendant of it, since she's a Protector of Aevium

7 hours ago, Mettaton Fan said:

I was looking through the Rejuvenation Folder and was in the pictures folder and found a picture called "FlorinExecution" and was curious what this was cause Ive played through the game and have never seen this scene

FlorinExecution.bmp 768.06 kB · 10 downloads

Spoiler

I think this scene only occurs if you choose to snitch on Flora in the 'Stopped in our Tracks' part of the game

3 hours ago, MattyBWraps said:
  Hide contents

I think this scene only occurs if you choose to snitch on Flora in the 'Stopped in our Tracks' part of the game

That scene only appears if you decide to tell Cassandra everything regardless if you snitch or not. Soooo don’t tell Cassandra everything!