V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

15 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

Don't worry. It's just I always talk much so I have to not say anything. But it doesn't matter anymore. All I am upset now is that Infernape Crest. Infernape is always good with his offensive and with Infernape Crest, his Attacks and Defenses has swapped. How unfair. I can't figure it out to use moves on Infernape if it is holding Infernape Crest. It's always the same and it will be. It doesn't matter whatever it's decided to let it be or not.

Slack Off is pretty good I’m just sayin

4 hours ago, Draconis said:

So it just occurred to me, do we know where Saki's gym is?

I don't think we even know where she is or she even has the same personality. But about her gym isn't she supposed to be the one using the West Gearen Power Plant where we fought Erik? I remember Erik saying that Volta is supposed to be the substitute for Saki but she also need to leave so he end up there, also there is a scientist on the plant complaining that the place needed to rearrenge the place beacuse the Blakeory heir simply decided to be a Gym Leader. 

And speaking of Volta,

On 1/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, Zumi said:

Meet our new Volta!

TwzWgng.pngQTn9bN3.png

Next time you get lost in the game just find the most nearby TV, and Volta will be there to tell you all about the latest happenings so you can find your way back to where you need to go! We hope you will appreciate the addition of the hints system. It's going to be a bit of work to write them all out considering how long the game itself is, but we hope it'll help some of you in the future!

Probably late but I would like to praise (congratulate?) Zumi's new design and all the works she, Jan and everybody else on the dev team for this new tip system and the implementation of the new Gen 8 stuff. Also hoping for some intereactions with her and maybe a sidequest. Even that as a minor character Spector was one of my favorite fights on the game, and I'm really can't wait to meet Kreiss and the new Normal Gym Leader.

Edited by TripleHHH

4 hours ago, Draconis said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Saki's gym SHOULD be in West Gearen, but obviously it isn't. Since we will be fighting her next, I would assume something to do with the Dreamyard, since it looks like an area with machinery. I think what happened to her will be a major part of Chapter 15 story. But, the Dreamyard seems very logical for the story to head (especially since we know that it involves the Puppet Master).

It is the Dark and Fairy leaders that concern me more. Dark might fit in Oblitus Town, but nobody's lived in that place for years. And Fairy? I suppose there must be areas of the region we haven't visited yet that might fit a Fairy-type gym.

Everything looks great, I look forward to playing that stuff.

That said though, have you thought of reducing the ingame lag? Idk if it only happens to me but the game can get really laggy or even have some sort of latency, for example when I try to scroll through the items in my bag.

The last Gym Leader will be based on Dragon type. It can be situated in the cave with dragon power. I saw in Darchlight Cave terrain changed to dragonic cave by using such moves then some sort of Dragon type moves. Isn't that correct?

19 hours ago, Draconis said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

If she's still a student at Axis High University, her gym might possibly be there, since one part of Saki's badge has a great resemblance to the banners at Axis High.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:54 PM, Zumi said:

Soooo... It's finally time to show the full versions off of the character art for Rejuvenation's early game characters! As most of you are probably well aware, a good couple of these characters have different appearances/outfits later in the game, but I will be drawing art for those as well. For the time being, here's the plot-relevant characters up to Carotos mountain -- Melia (1st appearance), Ren (1st appearance), Venam (1st appearance), Zetta, Nim, Aelita (1st appearance), Keta and Madelis!

7LO2fLU.png

...Yes, I forgot Eli and Sharon. And Amanda. Eli & Sharon will be included in the next batch though!! And Amanda I'll be keeping for West Gearen characters for.... Reasons you can probably all appreciate. :]

*cough* her battle right before erick's battle catching me off guard every fucking time *cough cough couGH COUGH*

Either way, all of the individual transparent character artworks can be found in the Official art thread! There's also a bunch of icons I made of the new art that you can use if you want in that thread as well, so feel free to check it out 👈😎👈

I never thought about your artwork. The artwork of characters came from chapter 1 and 2. No wonder you're good at that. I like Venam and Melia’s appearance is better from chapter 5 to 9. I’m looking forward to that.

Edited by RoyChaos
  • Like 1

Very excited for this....spent a shameful amount of hours grinding some pokemon for a good roster in anticipation for this next ep.

With the expected integration of Gen 8 pokemon and mechanics, are we also to expect Dyna/Gigantamaxing? If so how will this coincide with mega evolution and z moves? We've yet to get the mega ring yet and would hate for all the mega stones and z crystals we've gathered to be rendered useless or not as effective due to busted Gen 8 stuff.

Any insight on this yet?

P.S.   Love this game, by far my favourite pokemon game of all time. Keep up the amazing work ❤️ 

33 minutes ago, SSJG Goku said:

Very excited for this....spent a shameful amount of hours grinding some pokemon for a good roster in anticipation for this next ep.

With the expected integration of Gen 8 pokemon and mechanics, are we also to expect Dyna/Gigantamaxing? If so how will this coincide with mega evolution and z moves? We've yet to get the mega ring yet and would hate for all the mega stones and z crystals we've gathered to be rendered useless or not as effective due to busted Gen 8 stuff.

Any insight on this yet?

P.S.   Love this game, by far my favourite pokemon game of all time. Keep up the amazing work ❤️ 

The insight on Dynamax is that it won't be implemented, Jan has been on record stating that

Also i really love the art in this game, amazing job zumi!

One discussion that I'm interested in is: how many sub-regions is Aevium actually divided into?

There's at least one (Neverwinter) which we haven't visited yet. But are there others?

I have seen a map which appears to represent the whole Aevium region, but it is very different to what we actually have. (I think it is from version 9 or 10)

Also, there is one place referred to which (I think) its location is not known, and it is Alvavors Ruins (where Karen took those men to in the first help quest). I don't, however, suppose we will be visiting these places THAT soon. It only comes up because one of the screenshots we were given was a snowy area which made me think we are possibly going to Neverwinter.

At the same time, there are many issues that have not been solved in GDC, and given that the chapter name is about the Puppet Master I would think we'll be visiting him again.

1 hour ago, Delta3416 said:

One discussion that I'm interested in is: how many sub-regions is Aevium actually divided into?

There's at least one (Neverwinter) which we haven't visited yet. But are there others?

I have seen a map which appears to represent the whole Aevium region, but it is very different to what we actually have. (I think it is from version 9 or 10)

Also, there is one place referred to which (I think) its location is not known, and it is Alvavors Ruins (where Karen took those men to in the first help quest). I don't, however, suppose we will be visiting these places THAT soon. It only comes up because one of the screenshots we were given was a snowy area which made me think we are possibly going to Neverwinter.

At the same time, there are many issues that have not been solved in GDC, and given that the chapter name is about the Puppet Master I would think we'll be visiting him again.

Oh, good point. We haven't actually seen Neverwinter yet.

Spoiler

I hope we get to battle Kreiss!

Spoiler

Me too. There is also mention of a Normal-type gym in Neverwinter, which I suppose won't be official, but more like an extra challenge. I wonder how his team would be differentiated from Angie's. 

It's likely we also might get to battle the other gym leaders that we never actually fought, namely Lavender and Talon.

20 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Im curious, how much events and stuff are gonna be changed. I would like to replay it from zero once more anyway, but not sure i can sink another 150 hours in it. 

I want to replay it from zero too, but to make team with fast sweepers. I’ll catch them, evolve them, train them and change their positions to my team.

Truly epic.

I suppose the locations are, in order, Goldenwood, Terajuma, Darchlight and Evergreen.

Also, is there an actual difference between the field effects in each area? Or is it only Darchlight that is different?

On that topic, I would definitely assume there are some fields we haven't really seen yet. For instance, first time playing through the Grand Dream Tournament, the fields were randomised. I got Starlight Field for one of them. I think it would definitely suit the Dark-type gym leader.