Jump to content
Jan

V13 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Aislin Li (Alili) said:

Is it true that they already have custom shinies for all of Gen8? I'm new to spriting, but was inspired to try after recently starting rejuvenation, and really wanted to try and see if I could get good enough to have a shiny sprite in v13.

 

Edit; I added a pic of my current progress with Cyberpunk/Vaporwave themed Galarian Zigzagoon line...I know, they're super rough...but I wanted to give it a shot, and have been working really hard on them...

 

  Reveal hidden contents

1558603700_ShinyCyberpunkTrashpandas(2).thumb.jpg.bcc3cea70f7b0fa26bb4bacca213ef40.jpg

 

Those sprites look really great, I love the aesthetic behind them! 

Rejuv may not be accepting custom shinies from the community anymore, but currently there is a big shiny project going on for Pokemon Desolation! Anyone is welcome to contribute to the project, you should try it out~

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zumi said:

We already made the shinies for Gen 8, yeah. All of them came from the dev team itself, sorry if you wanted to get yours in!

It's  okay...I just wish I'd known before  spending so much of my week working on these...and hey...at least someone from the team got to see what you guys inspired.^^

 

I have to agree with Alisae over there as well...sneak peaks at what shinies we can expect would be AMAZING.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to entertain the idea of a method to enable/disable level caps on Casual difficulty only. If this isn't feasible from a technical standpoint, then instead I would like to entertain there being no level cap, again for Casual difficulty only. Before you say this is ridiculous or pointless, please hear me out.

 

I realize that Casual is already significantly easier than Normal, with boss fights only having 4 Pokemon, lower levels, weaker Pokemon, and less competitive sets. I also understand that level caps are an integral game mechanic to prevent tons of overleveling and to set a "pace" for the game. And I realize that Casual not the most popular of the difficulty choices.

 

For the record, I think the devs did a great job with Casual. They went above and beyond to even make alternate difficulty levels. The whole point of it was to make Rejuvenation accessible to a wider audience, and Casual certainly nailed that. So seriously, great job. I just think removing (or adding the ability to remove) level caps on Casual would further aid in that goal.

 

A lot of people have never played Pokemon before or play Pokemon extremely casually, and for this reason, they still find Casual to be quite difficult. You, the person reading this post, is (almost certainly) astronomically better at Pokemon than the average person, which is why it can be hard for us to put ourselves in others people's shoes. Essentially, I know that there are still a number of people who find Casual to be too difficult, and I feel that Casual should err on the side of "too easy" rather than "too hard", based on what it's supposed to be in the first place. I know that the devs already did this, and I also know that we can't accommodate everyone. I just think the mode as it is, with this extra feature, would make it perfect.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the FAQ is closed i'm going to ask this question here,

 

regarding the Gmax Mons being converted to custom megas, how will you guys handle the mons that have both mega evolution and Gmax-Form ?

Example: Gengar and the Kanto Starters.

 

Will you add them as alternative megas like Zard X and Zard Y ? Or will you leave them out ?

 

Also since they will be converted into Mega Pokemon, will they gain new abilites up on evolving ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Since the FAQ is closed i'm going to ask this question here,

 

regarding the Gmax Mons being converted to custom megas, how will you guys handle the mons that have both mega evolution and Gmax-Form ?

Example: Gengar and the Kanto Starters.

 

Will you add them as alternative megas like Zard X and Zard Y ? Or will you leave them out ?

 

Also since they will be converted into Mega Pokemon, will they gain new abilites up on evolving ?

I think part of this was answered somewhere, but Pokemon with both Megas and Gmax forms will be given alternate megas like Charizard X and Y. Or at least thats what i remember reading, if someone has heard otherwise feel free to correct me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, HakuryuYukio said:

Since the FAQ is closed i'm going to ask this question here,

 

regarding the Gmax Mons being converted to custom megas, how will you guys handle the mons that have both mega evolution and Gmax-Form ?

Example: Gengar and the Kanto Starters.

 

Will you add them as alternative megas like Zard X and Zard Y ? Or will you leave them out ?

 

Also since they will be converted into Mega Pokemon, will they gain new abilites up on evolving ?

They'll be treated as custom megas in the purest sense, and therefore mons that already have a mega will just get an extra alt mega evo (for Charizard, it'll have X, Y and G in that case)

 

And yes, some will have new abilities upon mega evolving! However, I won't be specifying which ones, so you'll just have to figure it out once V13 is out :]

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kyublivion said:

I think part of this was answered somewhere, but Pokemon with both Megas and Gmax forms will be given alternate megas like Charizard X and Y. Or at least thats what i remember reading, if someone has heard otherwise feel free to correct me.

 

41 minutes ago, Zumi said:

They'll be treated as custom megas in the purest sense, and therefore mons that already have a mega will just get an extra alt mega evo (for Charizard, it'll have X, Y and G in that case)

 

And yes, some will have new abilities upon mega evolving! However, I won't be specifying which ones, so you'll just have to figure it out once V13 is out :]

Thank you two:)

 

I really hope that Mega-Lapras will get a new ability. It's my second favorite Kanto Pokemon after Venusaur. And this is the opportunity to make it great. I have faith that you guys will deliver as always. Though i'm also kinda sad because this means that Raichu will once again be outshined by Pikachu. Does Jan have any plans for a Mega-Raichu ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't be a surprise after spoiling what kind of custom mega evolved pokemon would have difference on base stats and abilities. It may be revealed after V13 release. I don't know anything about mega customs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So has anyone figured out who the dark and fairy gym leaders are ? We already have saki as the steel type leader and Damien as the Dragon Leader.

 

I remember there being a patient file in the hospital of hope. It didn't show the name. But it did show the Birthplace which is Kanto, Sevii Islands. Since that happens to be the birthplace of Kenneth and Daegen, it's a possiblity that Daegen is not dead and might come out of hiding. But what has he been up to all this time ? Is it Amnesia ? That would be the only logical explanation.

And i really don't see who else it could be(unless i missed something).

 

Then we have the Fairy Leader. Some people think that it's Cosmia. But what about Cassandra ? Perhaps we will fight her in the Dreamyard. It's one of the few places that is till closed off. And i'm pretty sure that she has something to do with that.

 

What do you guys think ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HakuryuYukio said:

So has anyone figured out who the dark and fairy gym leaders are ? We already have saki as the steel type leader and Damien as the Dragon Leader.

 

I remember there being a patient file in the hospital of hope. It didn't show the name. But it did show the Birthplace which is Kanto, Sevii Islands. Since that happens to be the birthplace of Kenneth and Daegen, it's a possiblity that Daegen is not dead and might come out of hiding. But what has he been up to all this time ? Is it Amnesia ? That would be the only logical explanation.

And i really don't see who else it could be(unless i missed something).

 

Then we have the Fairy Leader. Some people think that it's Cosmia. But what about Cassandra ? Perhaps we will fight her in the Dreamyard. It's one of the few places that is till closed off. And i'm pretty sure that she has something to do with that.

 

What do you guys think ?

I suspect, if its Daegen, then we´ll pull some Time travel trick, to fight him in between his visit to Kenneth´s house in WLL and his Meeting with Kenneth in the Ice cave. For the Fairy Gym, i honestly got no idea, that wouldnt escalate into a wacky therorie, cuz of the little infos we have. I personally think we get a New leader in the upcomming Chapters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...