Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

Level 25 Thundurus for the Gym Leader? If it would please you ~

EDIT: Removed previous post and instead made a topic.

Edited by Chivalry
  • Like 1

• Veterans

Eh, Gen 5 style OW's and Graphics can be pulled of well as shown by Ethereal Gates, but I honestly think that keeping it at Gen 3 graphics would be easier. The sprites are also much easier to create.

• Developers

I've been considering it for a while, but seeing Ethereal Gates just nailed the idea in place. Either way I made a new topic for it, considering that Gen 5 vs Gen 3 is a question that anyone can answer.

It would be a crazy amount of work, but somehow I actually enjoy spriting 5th gen wayyy more than 3rd Gen.

Edited by Chivalry
  • Upvote 2

This game shows SO MUCH PROMISE ASLKDJASD

I didn't actually know that this was updated, so I went through the entire game glitches and all ._.

Pre-nerf Fire Fern wasn't that bad for me (ssh I have a frogadier), funny how the Fletchinder gave me the most trouble.

I did do the Bidoof puzzle, and a room opened up and I got a certain item, do I have to do something else or is my 'reward' completely useless as of right now?

• Developers

Oh boy, I feel sorry for you. The first release pre-patch was URRGRHGRHGH, but at least it fixed now.

And for now its useless. It's a piece to a bigger puzzle, which means a bigger reward.

Oh boy, I feel sorry for you. The first release pre-patch was URRGRHGRHGH, but at least it fixed now.

And for now its useless. It's a piece to a bigger puzzle, which means a bigger reward.

Oh okay, the way someone made it sound, it was a shiny or something ._.

I came here because of the puzzle itself because I had the game downloaded ages ago, but I found out there was a patch at the time I posted and I almost cried.

• Developers

I really enjoyed the game! it was really good! I love it! good job man!

I'm glad, no really, because I realized it was far from the potential I aimed for. I believe Episode 2 so far is miles better than anything I've done before, I hope you'll all like it when I get it out :P

Edited by Caz
  • Like 1

• Developers

Mac huh? I won't lie and say I know what the problem is. I can nail down problems on windows stuff quick but I don't have a mac, and don't know the problem.

Buuuutttt that being said I have heard that it's often caused by the music that plays on victory, so perhaps delete Victory!, Victory2 and Victory3 from \PokemonDesolation\Audio\BGM and tell me if that works!

• Like 1

Yeah I love my Mac but I'm thinking of buying a cheap laptop just for gaming :/ I removed the files but it still crashed as soon as I caught a pokemon. Any other suggestions?

I can copy the details that pop up if you think that would help you any? Idk. It crashes before the game can even finish saying that the pokemon was caught.

I just started playing through the game. The game is seeming good so far. I chose Flabebe and was just wondering whether the shiny stone will be available when the other starters would be reaching their final evolutions.

I do like the starter options but they could cause some problems for you given their highly differing levels for evolution (eg. spheal doesn't evolve until level 30s by which point Espurr would already have evolved. It is interesting but could cause some scaling issues.

Good job again.

• Developers

This idea of balance and scaling was mentioned earlier. These starters are all a cut above ordinary Pokemon but some aren't so great at the start or amazing at the end. That's why you get a general starter near the end of the Episode.

Also, it balances out eventually, I mean stats wise Walrein is far superior to Meowstic. But each to their own I guess, it took a while to try and balance the starters and I don't think I'll change them any time soon.

• Like 1

I don't think you should change them as they are really interesting starters. I think they are all good choices as long as you make the stones to evolve some of them available at a reasonable level.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

The puzzle with scattered Bidoof or the Braille puzzle?

I'll assume it's the latter, and the answer is here:

After clicking on middle: NE, SW, SE, NW, NE, SW, SE, NW, Middle.

However, both puzzles have been answered in the thread somewhere I'm pretty sure, so next time just have a quick read through :P

Edited by Caz

The puzzle with scattered Bidoof or the Braille puzzle?

I'll assume it's the latter, and the answer is here:

After clicking on middle: NE, SW, SE, NW, NE, SW, SE, NW, Middle.

However, both puzzles have been answered in the thread somewhere I'm pretty sure, so next time just have a quick read through :P

well i read all the posts but it didint work that why i ask :/

and one more question can i get budew whith leaf guard?

Edited by valantisthanasoulis

• Developers

and one more question can i get budew whith leaf guard?

Yeah, it's randomized each time. Currently although the trainer asks for a Bibarel they actually want a Lombre, Bibarel won't work. It's a small bug that is resolved for the next update but until then you've gotta trade a Lombre.

Edited by Caz

Yeah, it's randomized each time. Currently although the trainer asks for a Bibarel they actually want a Lombre, Bibarel won't work. It's a small bug that is resolved for the next update but until then you've gotta trade a Lombre.

well i try like 100 times to take one but nope :( but i take one with hp rock and im sore in this game we can get a ability capsule right?

• Developers

Although currently there are none, I've added the ability to buy ability capsules with a new currency in the next Episode, so hang in there.

Edited by Caz