Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

23 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

The game is apparently still being worked on. So I’ll be disappointed if this track doesn’t make it in the game.

https://youtu.be/M50Pp3j7s4E

It is? Unless Caz says it's still being worked on, or at least get a post about what's going on about him irl, I regard it as discontinued. At any rate, it was good while it lasted. Much better than Full Moon and Clockwork, storywise. 

7 hours ago, Izetarion said:

It is? Unless Caz says it's still being worked on, or at least get a post about what's going on about him irl, I regard it as discontinued. At any rate, it was good while it lasted. Much better than Full Moon and Clockwork, storywise. 

Well, now you know.

My favorite parts about this game are the existentialist themes, the overall story, the fact that you can join guilds and participate in a fight club to prove your strength, the Sidequests, and the world.

It’s like Pokémon Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion mixed with Pokemon Metal Gear Solid 2. As long as the above are strengthened, then this game will remain a gem among Fangames.

The one thing that drew me to this fangame above all others is that it's really the only Pokemon fangame I've played with large scale world building. Most other fangames are designed and revolve completely around the player character's actions. The player character still drives the plot in Desolation, but they're still overall just a piece of the world.

The only other two fangames to come close IMO are Legends of the Arena and Postscriptum, both also narrative-driven games.

On 8/23/2019 at 5:26 AM, Alilatias said:

The one thing that drew me to this fangame above all others is that it's really the only Pokemon fangame I've played with large scale world building. Most other fangames are designed and revolve completely around the player character's actions. The player character still drives the plot in Desolation, but they're still overall just a piece of the world.

The only other two fangames to come close IMO are Legends of the Arena and Postscriptum, both also narrative-driven games.

imo pokemon alabaster is similar to this as while the decisions u make can change the plot but all in all it feels like they much like desolation are just another part of the world and their choices matter but not as much as they do in some mods/fan games

I... do not do well with sidequests, so I can't help with the emerald, apologies. I would love to know how. Probably would help if I deciphered the braille texts and stuff.

And I has my own question: how do I enter into High Roller fights in the fight club? Or is that even possible? I have as yet not gotten much cred but rumors about me. What do I do? How long must I fight these same trainers over and over?

3 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

I... do not do well with sidequests, so I can't help with the emerald, apologies. I would love to know how. Probably would help if I deciphered the braille texts and stuff.

And I has my own question: how do I enter into High Roller fights in the fight club? Or is that even possible? I have as yet not gotten much cred but rumors about me. What do I do? How long must I fight these same trainers over and over?

I don't remember how long it takes to get to the High Roller fights but it's definitely possible. From what i recall, your popularity ups every 4 or 5 fights and you access High Roller when it's maxed up soooo... maybe something like 20-25 fights ? Can't recall clearly but i'd say something along those lines, though i could be wrong, it's been a while...

• Thanks 1

Great, thanks Siragon!

Just finished the episode. Ah, that ending... it almost feels like maybe Caz had intended for Ep5 to have some interesting mechanics and just stalled on the overwhelming workload that would entail. . . I guess I'm happy with Desolation as it is. It's long and difficult enough and more than worth it. Heck, it's probably long as half or 3/4 most standard pokemon games.

It would be nice to try the high-rollers. I'll work on it. Maybe before or after I once again try the ceremonial picture quest. That one never seemed to work for me. Where is the first spot I go to for a photograph?

On 9/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, Namehere_ said:

Sorry but I'm having trouble installing desolation IDK if its because it is a .rar or im just being dumb but can someone please help me

Well honestly you can just download a winZip and extract the file

• 3 weeks later...

reviving this thread briefly because ive gone mad thinking about this small theory about future plot points about pokemon desolation The dream that the majority of the game takes place in is the dream of darkrai perfection and shiv and auroura have their powers because they are lucid dreamers 

On 10/14/2019 at 3:38 AM, nepeta100 said:

reviving this thread briefly because ive gone mad thinking about this small theory about future plot points about pokemon desolation The dream that the majority of the game takes place in is the dream of darkrai perfection and shiv and auroura have their powers because they are lucid dreamers 

It's more like the Dream that happens is a memory of the past. But the choices that affect the story are basically because you are the one telling it, the way you saw everything. It's a product of your possibly inaccurate memory and your desire to see what you want to see.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Meteor Knight said:

So there is this ost in Pokemon desolation its the the one assigned to black view city.

The ost in game files is named feeling-broken mind.mp3

So anyone knows where find this on internet soundcloud or youtube

I want the real name for this pls thx alot ! Love ya !

It's called "Love Is Here" by Tracey Chattaway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...