Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

On 2/27/2019 at 12:49 PM, Commander said:

So the one time Caz logs in we get news on Gen 8. Caz confirmed for making Pokemon Sword and Shield. It explains everything.

My dream of a more story based official Pokémon game will become a reality.

Finally.

10 hours ago, duardian said:

Is there a way to evolve pokemon such as haunter- ->gengar and poliwhirl- ->politoed?

there is a link item obtained mid-way through the game before blackview city,  just outside the small town. (Where there's an elder talking about trading)

14 hours ago, trailflare7 said:

there is a link item obtained mid-way through the game before blackview city,  just outside the small town. (Where there's an elder talking about trading)

Thank you for answering, I'll take a look once I get there in the game 🙂

It's outside Addenfall Town, to be exact. You need to give that person another guy to link with, who'll be in the town.  Pretty funny, if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, duardian said:

Can you get more linkstones?

I think  you can, but in Cellia Evolution Store or whatever it's called. You trade them for Credits.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm replaying the game.

I think I've run into a problem. Can anyone verify if the Braille puzzle in Redcliff is currently working? I've tried the old solutions posted years ago in this thread, and it would appear (to me at least) that the puzzle is no longer working properly. I ran a search for more recent results in this thread and it looks like there was one other poster recently that had the exact same issue, and no one responded to them. Hm...

• Veterans
On 4/3/2019 at 9:49 AM, Alilatias said:

So I'm replaying the game.

I think I've run into a problem. Can anyone verify if the Braille puzzle in Redcliff is currently working? I've tried the old solutions posted years ago in this thread, and it would appear (to me at least) that the puzzle is no longer working properly. I ran a search for more recent results in this thread and it looks like there was one other poster recently that had the exact same issue, and no one responded to them. Hm...

Was replaying desolation and I usually don't do the braille puzzle lol, but I remembered you asking about it. So by watching a random walkthrough on x2 speed it worked perfectly in my game 😕 (The walkthrough was posted by Mystic Linx if you're interested)

so after that random brief appearance from caz but no word from them i see they have yet again vanished into the depths of the void with no signs nor word of when they will appear again............. kinda reminds me of gaster from undertale hence why i referenced the void but i digress

Just finished the fourth chapter, and oh boy, this is definitely one of the best fan games I've ever played. The story is amazing, the music is quite nice (Although it's no entirely original), the battles are challenging and enjoyable and the region's level design is pretty good, too. The cliffhanger at the end really wowed me, so I'm super eager to see what's next! I've heard chapter four came over a year ago though, so here's hoping a new status update comes out soon. The last message sent by Caz was sent almost a year ago, so I really hope he can at least give us another update on the status of the game, or somethin'.

Edited by lennieplop60

Okay, so i'm fighting Tristan and the RNG really hates me, any advice? Like good pokemon against him? His Lopunny is no actual threat because i can confuse her with a Gengar, and dig with Krookodile. But the rest of his team is giving me a headache.

3 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Okay, so i'm fighting Tristan and the RNG really hates me, any advice? Like good pokemon against him? His Lopunny is no actual threat because i can confuse her with a Gengar, and dig with Krookodile. But the rest of his team is giving me a headache.

I was able to defeat Tristan by writing down all of his pokemon and the moves and counters they tend to use. I then thought of a counter for every pokemon and thought of a strategy that enabled me to use them at the right time. It didn't work initially, but after refining my strategy after each battle, I was finally able to think of the winning one and won the match. If I found my magneton with sturdy (purchased with credits) to be especially useful, because thunder wave allowed me to deal with high speed stats and it could easily KO staraptor in one hit after that. Try to experiment with different moves and pokemon, and eventually, you'll figure it out. Good luck 😉 

been a while since i fought that bugger so i cant remember for sure what i used tho i vaguely remember having a hairyama force palm/arm thrust combo for him or something, otherwise i dont remember for sure

9 hours ago, lennieplop60 said:

I was able to defeat Tristan by writing down all of his pokemon and the moves and counters they tend to use. I then thought of a counter for every pokemon and thought of a strategy that enabled me to use them at the right time. It didn't work initially, but after refining my strategy after each battle, I was finally able to think of the winning one and won the match. If I found my magneton with sturdy (purchased with credits) to be especially useful, because thunder wave allowed me to deal with high speed stats and it could easily KO staraptor in one hit after that. Try to experiment with different moves and pokemon, and eventually, you'll figure it out. Good luck 😉 

I'm saving credits up for the Ralts, but overall i come so close to beating him, i've got an answer to each of his mons now. All i need to do is lvl up my Muk. 

4 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Is the Fight club supposed to be the one in Black view?

Nah, it's in the city after Blackview. Basically end-game stuff, or what passes for it currently since the game is a WIP. 

Right, so i'm at the part where i'm looking for Garret for the Black dress scrap, where is he? 

Never mind, found him.

Okay, So i beat the current episode, and i'd like to post some thoughts.

Spoiler

HOLY SHIT.  I sort of saw the dream twist coming, but waking up next to Aurora was.... unexpected.  I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode with the Lego, this completely changes the context of Nova's and Shiv's conflict. Is Nova our desire to stay in the dream while Shiv is our desire to wake up? Is Aurora our real sister? How much of the game was dreams and what actually happened? i mean our dreams do rely on our memories, we can't dream up something truly original. What exactly happened to us to cause us to dream like this? The people in the dream do seem alive and sentient so is it a regular dream or something caused by certain legendaries? whew, i enjoyed this ride, but i can wait for the next installment patiently, i just hope the creator is doing alright. Right, so in my play through, Scarlett ended up killing herself, because i forgot the bag but otherwise i had all the greens with her, damn. BUT i ended up sparing Nova. I just KNOW that is going to backfire on me, but damn it, Shiv seemed so passionate and i trusted him so far. What are the differences though? 

• Veterans
11 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Right, so i'm at the part where i'm looking for Garret for the Black dress scrap, where is he? 

Never mind, found him.

Okay, So i beat the current episode, and i'd like to post some thoughts.

Reveal hidden contents

HOLY SHIT.  I sort of saw the dream twist coming, but waking up next to Aurora was.... unexpected.  I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode with the Lego, this completely changes the context of Nova's and Shiv's conflict. Is Nova our desire to stay in the dream while Shiv is our desire to wake up? Is Aurora our real sister? How much of the game was dreams and what actually happened? i mean our dreams do rely on our memories, we can't dream up something truly original. What exactly happened to us to cause us to dream like this? The people in the dream do seem alive and sentient so is it a regular dream or something caused by certain legendaries? whew, i enjoyed this ride, but i can wait for the next installment patiently, i just hope the creator is doing alright. Right, so in my play through, Scarlett ended up killing herself, because i forgot the bag but otherwise i had all the greens with her, damn. BUT i ended up sparing Nova. I just KNOW that is going to backfire on me, but damn it, Shiv seemed so passionate and i trusted him so far. What are the differences though? 

Spoiler

tbh i took it as us recalling what we experienced so far to aurora, but we were playing what we were telling her etc, or she used her powers to manipulate us to tell her, as since we kinda woke up from a dream, if that makes sense