Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

I liked so much episode 1 so...If is possible, I would like to be a beta tester.

Hired.

So, I have an ethical question for this, and no its not about eating krabby's.

Jar of Paint...

Idk about this item being in the game.

As do I. However, I actually like the idea of having it so I made a compromise. As of Episode 2 it's a lot more difficult to buy, as it cannot be bought with normal currency. It instead must be bought with the currency earned from completing sidequests, and it costs a lot. Most people won't buy it because there's stuff that's a lot more useful to be purchased with this currency. That being said, it's still there for you cosmetic loving ruffians.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

I don't think Caz will PM anyone specifically to let them know that Version 2 is out besides the Alpha/Beta Testers.

You gotta check on the thread frequently instead mate. I believe Caz said it'll probably be coming in the upcoming weeks so definitely pay attention.

• Developers

Spaces are running really slim for beta testers, as I only wanted up to a specific number of people! PM me while you still can or post here for a spot!

Edited by Caz

Really looking forward to beta testing for you. The story hooked me so far.

EDIT: oh btw, is there a reason why there will only be 16 gyms as opposed to 18?

and do you plan on just doing 1 gym per episode

If I am not wrong, in the game someone tells you that is because 8 or 18 are too mainstream.

• Developers

I've decided that the Episode length will be roughly the same for each Episode, but Gyms won't be spread consistently. This means some episodes may have two Gym's, while some will only have one.

There are only 16 Gym's. Perhaps it's because 8 or 18 is too mainstream or maybe because 16 is a very special number for this game...

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So i just finished the game and it had a nice touch to it. Even tho it was similar to rejuvenation and reborn i had fun playing it. Some suggestions are to update the in battle and outside sprites of many of the characters. I personally did not like conner's in world sprite but the other sprites were nice but they could be made better and crisper. There are some protean glitches, when i use hidden power my froakie becomes a normal type and it is not very effective on a poochyena. There are other glitches such as conner burning the tree down twice but overall it was great game and can't wait until the next update! (btw how do you become a beta tester? I completed the reborn, rejuvination, and this game's update but I would really like to help out).

• Developers

Originally I intended for the game to follow the roots of Rejuvenation and Reborn but in development of Ep. 2 a lot changed.

I've updated heaps of sprites for Episode 2 and I think the overall spriting quality is really starting to peak now. To become a beta tester just send me a PM so I have an easy to access record and I'll write you down as a beta tester. Beta testers will be PM'd the release when it arrives.

I'm pretty sure the reason protean registers hidden power as a normal type is probably because Hidden Power is classified as a normal type move. I'll take a look but it seems like quite a tricky fix.

• Upvote 3

Originally I intended for the game to follow the roots of Rejuvenation and Reborn but in development of Ep. 2 a lot changed.

I've updated heaps of sprites for Episode 2 and I think the overall spriting quality is really starting to peak now. To become a beta tester just send me a PM so I have an easy to access record and I'll write you down as a beta tester. Beta testers will be PM'd the release when it arrives.

I'm pretty sure the reason protean registers hidden power as a normal type is probably because Hidden Power is classified as a normal type move. I'll take a look but it seems like quite a tricky fix.

I hate to be 'that guy', buuuuuuttttttttt

Wheeeeen is desolation coming?

:D

I hate to be 'that guy', buuuuuuttttttttt

Wheeeeen is desolation coming?

:D

i must say the same

Wheeeeen is desolation coming???

i need to play some pokemon.i have finish reborn and rejuvenation and insurgence and i dont know what to play next

• Developers

I've been super busy with exams coming up but rest assured, it's coming. I can't give a release date as they are difficult to follow but definitely expect it within a few weeks ^_^

My game will veer of soon. I'm sure you'll be really thrown off by the conclusion of Episode 3.

Edited by Caz

I've been super busy with exams coming up but rest assured, it's coming. I can't give a release date as they are difficult to follow but definitely expect it within a few weeks.

My game will veer of soon. I'm sure you'll be really thrown off by the conclusion of Episode 3.

Well there it is folks, the official "Hold onto your butts!" for pokemon desolation!

Also post 100, wooo

• Upvote 2

Hey that was the main criticism of the first release for me. I'm looking forward to see what you have to show off.

Ok, lemme say that the difficulty spike between Kuiki and the first gym battle is waaaaaay to big.

I had 3 battle-ready pokemon, one of which was grass, so im supposed to now fight in a 2v6 battle?

I would love for his pokemon to have stuff against water types in exchange for knocking the amount of pokemon he has down a notch, to maybe 4 and then the rest of the gym leaders can have a full team of 6.

I am somebody who doesnt use pokemon unless i like them and so far there havent been a lot of pokemon that i like and i cant overlevel my own pokemon since the limit is 20 from what ive gathered so far.

The reason i think its a bit overbearing is because i dont think there was enough of a variety in pokemon between the very start and the first gym battle, in other fangames that i played i had plenty of choice, whether it be through different events, grass, or secret locations, however in this i roughly saw like... 8-10 different pokemon, most of which are useless in a battle except for maybe a couple and those couple will get destroyed in the first gym, so there isnt a lot of choice there.

I saw that this game was designed with a different difficulty curve in mind, one where the early stuff is super easy but gets progressively harder, Kuiki was the middle point, he uses pokemon and strategies associated with them but isnt overbearing or requires multiple restarts to beat, however, with the gym leader its like the difficulty curve completely ignored the steps between the middle point and the top and just went straight to the top.

Maybe im missing something here, but this is my opinion so far.

Edited by Nhadala

• Developers

Trying to get away with two Pokemon would be your problem. The point of the first episode is testing players to see if they can get away with only using the Pokemon they find. Exploration is also rewarded heavily, such as the Croagunk hidden in this release. Also, there is a repeatable trainer in redcliff town for grinding.

Quagsire lv 20, bibarel lvl 21, lombre lvl 19, pancham lvl 19, combusken lvl 19 was what I have for the end of the current episode. He's very beatable. Even IF you don't want to keep any of the pokemon you use against him that's fine, just use them temporarily to pass him them move on to (insert episode 2 here)