nepeta100

TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2020 at 9:29 AM, ShogokiX said:

The question is which kind of nuzlocke is more entertaining to watch?

One where the player is well prepared and likely to win his battles with minimal losses, where you as the viewer might learn a few new tricks as well?

Or one where the player is going in unprepared, struggling like cat trying to escape the bath tub, losing lots of Pokémon in the process, giving you a good laugh at his suffering?

Both have their strong points and both can be made examples of when considering one's own strategy. 

Well astute and prepared Youtubers are respectable and give us confidence. Some of them can also appreciate the plot a bit better and don't spend a lot of time throwing tantrums into the microphone like Shofu or ignorantly put the game down which can be a bit off putting. 
They can also still be plenty entertaining. In the case of Dai Laughing, he might have been a proper strategist but there were times the game still threw him for a loop and he was entertaining in that he had an impressive talent for voices or at least accents. I thought his voices really gave personality and life to the characters. 

The ill prepared strugglers such as Ttar are quite humanizing and give us a more realistic expectation of the game which is both endearing and entertaining. 
His responses to the characters and wild theories are on a level all their own and is one of the reasons I got into him. 

On 5/10/2020 at 9:29 AM, ShogokiX said:

But in his case there is an additional question: Is it more entertaining to watch him struggle, or to watch him spinning even more bizzare theories with every new episode?

I find both equally entertaining to be honest. 

~~

So I just beat Amaria. Technically on the second try as I don't want to sound like a Youtuber and didn't realize that she gives you the opposite battle of the one you choose (Singles if you ask for doubles and doubles if you ask for singles) and I wanted singles so I reset for that. 

Her singles team isn't too difficult. Ludicolo was where most of my struggle was but Grassy Terrain from Venusaur to weaken Scald and a Brave Bird from Swanna was the answer.

Dry Skin Heliolisk was the answer to Deliverance. It resisted Ice Shard well and other than that Deliverance just kept resting and using Hydration to awaken right away. At this pace I was able to throw in a X Spec. Atk (Just ONE and Just IT). which enabled me to one shot her with Thunder. 
Fortunately Amaria was stupid and used up her Ultra Potions to heal the Life Orb damage to her Ludicolo. 😛
Mega Venusaur for Mega Swampert and Kingdra. 

That labyrinth of hers is gonna drive Ttar crazy! Especially the part in Reshiram where you have to travel the horrid thing looking for Amaria three times. I just used Dai Laughing's guide video (which I actually initially needed just to know what I was supposed to do after she leaves the arena for a swim). 

I didn't understand why Titania saved us and then gave Amaria hell for trying to drown us? She didn't exactly trust us last we left her as she seemed to lean towards believing Lin that we work for Team Meteor. 

They're both dangerous fucked up bitches but part of me does feel a bit bad for them. 

Edited by Devilish

3 minutes ago, Devilish said:

That labyrinth of hers is gonna drive Ttar crazy! Especially the part in Reshiram where you have to travel the horrid thing looking for Amaria three times. I just used Dai Laughing's guide video (which I actually initially needed just to know what I was supposed to do after she leaves the arena for a swim). 

I didn't understand why Titania saved us and then gave Amaria hell for trying to drown us? She didn't exactly trust us last we left her as she seemed to lean towards believing Lin that we work for Team Meteor. 

They're both dangerous fucked up bitches but part of me does feel a bit bad for them. 

Titania was looking for a way out of the relationship with Amaria and you gave her a legitimate excuse to leave and she still believes that you are looking like the best shot at beating Lin.

Lin had already mind fucked Titania pretty good in the cave so shes pretty on edge at this point. 

27 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

Titania was looking for a way out of the relationship with Amaria and you gave her a legitimate excuse to leave and she still believes that you are looking like the best shot at beating Lin.

Lin had already mind fucked Titania pretty good in the cave so shes pretty on edge at this point. 

Oh, of course, that makes complete sense. TY. 

Messing with people is Lin's special move^^ There is a reason why even Sirius and Solaris are afraid of her, even though these two are cold blooded murderers who already killed a number of people to achieve their goals...

I wonder what kind of theories TTar will come up with to explain why everyone is so afraid of her.....

Posted (edited)

I was also quite intrigued that she seemed to have a certain favor for Terra. 
If you travel through the desert with Taka one of the tidbits he gives you is that despite her electronic skills Terra broke more things than she fixed but Lin refused to fire her. That had me wondering if there is a relationship there, either Terra is Lin's daughter or sister or they were lovers.  

Edited by Devilish

4 hours ago, Devilish said:

I was also quite intrigued that she seemed to have a certain favor for Terra. 
If you travel through the desert with Taka one of the tidbits he gives you is that despite her electronic skills Terra broke more things than she fixed but Lin refused to fire her. That had me wondering if there is a relationship there, either Terra is Lin's daughter or sister or they were lovers.  

theres a building with a side entrance in either jasper or beryl that explains Terra a little more

4 hours ago, LeoYT said:

theres a building with a side entrance in either jasper or beryl that explains Terra a little more

Is it by any chance the building with the psychic?

On 5/13/2020 at 1:43 AM, Devilish said:

Is it by any chance the building with the psychic?

No. Miss Direction is in Jasper, this clos house is in Beryl.

I'll keep that in mind. 

I'm a little afraid of this gauntlet it seems I have coming up in the Glass Workhouse. XP

1 hour ago, Riceratio said:

As a Ttar fan, it's funny reading the first part of this thread. Anyone who bets against this guy hasn't seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi701TTqq4U

Very true, but at some point he has to get an unlucky battle.

(Then again, I thought the same when watching this very series, so perhaps I'm just jealous of how he manages to win while I struggle.)

39 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

Very true, but at some point he has to get an unlucky battle.

(Then again, I thought the same when watching this very series, so perhaps I'm just jealous of how he manages to win while I struggle.)

I can totally understand you. Ttar made this game look easy, but then I jumped in, max-leveling and everything, and still got smoked by the early game bosses multiple times. Same thing with Insurgence even. I was pretty jealous too ngl, trying to rationalize it (oh he got lucky, if this hadn't happened he would have lost, he overleveled that one Pokemon, etc.) Those totem battles prepared him for this.

I was jealous but never hated on him tho. How could anyone not love that face?!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mindlack said:

so perhaps I'm just jealous of how he manages to win while I struggle

I feel that. 

One of the most frustrating parts for me to watch was Slowking essentially throwing his Radamus battle by NOT using Trick Room until like last turn when it didn't matter after how nasty the damned thing was to me but I echo Riceratio that I don't hate on him for something that's out of his control. 
The fun of watching let's players is seeing what the game throws at others and how they handle it. 

Now that I've read that Slowking has been given a Synthetic Seed and as such immunity to Taunt in the most recent update of the game, I'm actually grateful for my experience with that battle. 

Edited by Devilish

With the 18.2 update (the one we got for christmas) there were a lots of changes not only to the AI, but also to a lot of trainers, including, of course, a lot of gym leaders. No big changes, but definetely something you would notice.

TTar will have a little more difficulties beating the game after those changes, if he sticks to his current "strategy" that is...

23 hours ago, Riceratio said:

How could anyone not love that face?!

1324089922_ScreenShot2020-05-29at4_20_44PM.png.83b81d308f94c4241b03a46618257a75.png

• Like 3

That face is hilarious^^

How's his progress on his Sword/Shield Randomizer by now? I'm not watching that one, so started watching another Reborn Nuzlocke in the meantime...

3 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

That face is hilarious^^

How's his progress on his Sword/Shield Randomizer by now? I'm not watching that one, so started watching another Reborn Nuzlocke in the meantime...

well right now he's not doing tooo great, if you want spoilers then click the spoiler

Spoiler

this spoiler here VV

Spoiler

his pokemon are about level 60ish as he was about to enter spikemuth, he had to battle marnie and he got 4 of his pokemon absolutely destroyed by One hit ko moves and has 2 pokemon at level 60 and a bunch of pokemon in his pc at level 20/30. The opponents pokemon are at level 70.

I havent player Sword and shield yet. And I must say I am also not really interested in his run. Can anyone tell me how far he is in the game? Arenawise?

I really miss watching his reborn plays and started watching other Reborn & rejuvenation players. I hope he is with S & W finished soon.
After replaying reborn in a few monoruns with 18.2 the AI diffrence can really be felt. And it makes it harder and more challenging but my partners still seem to be dumb as hell (Firore mansion for example)

2 hours ago, Mia789 said:

I havent player Sword and shield yet. And I must say I am also not really interested in his run. Can anyone tell me how far he is in the game? Arenawise?

I really miss watching his reborn plays and started watching other Reborn & rejuvenation players. I hope he is with S & W finished soon.
After replaying reborn in a few monoruns with 18.2 the AI diffrence can really be felt. And it makes it harder and more challenging but my partners still seem to be dumb as hell (Firore mansion for example)

He's approaching Gym 7 in sword

9 hours ago, Bre_a_d said:

well right now he's not doing tooo great, if you want spoilers then click the spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

this spoiler here VV

Reveal hidden contents

his pokemon are about level 60ish as he was about to enter spikemuth, he had to battle marnie and he got 4 of his pokemon absolutely destroyed by One hit ko moves and has 2 pokemon at level 60 and a bunch of pokemon in his pc at level 20/30. The opponents pokemon are at level 70.

So it's basically just like always....he goes in unprepared, underleveled, and with absolutely no clue on what he's doing, as his Pokémon may have move sets that want to make you cry....a lot.....

5 hours ago, Dreamblitz said:

Short, precise answer that gives all the information needed. Nice! Assuming Gen 8 also has the regular league system with 8 gyms + Elite Four that Gens 1-6 had (Gen 7's league was a nice change, but its was weird as well), that would mean he is almost done with the main story. That leaves the question of how much post game story there is, and whether he intends to play through that as well or not.

3 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

So it's basically just like always....he goes in unprepared, underleveled, and with absolutely no clue on what he's doing, as his Pokémon may have move sets that want to make you cry....a lot.....

Short, precise answer that gives all the information needed. Nice! Assuming Gen 8 also has the regular league system with 8 gyms + Elite Four that Gens 1-6 had (Gen 7's league was a nice change, but its was weird as well), that would mean he is almost done with the main story. That leaves the question of how much post game story there is, and whether he intends to play through that as well or not.

Yeah standard league system. And to be fair, he does try to grind but the level curve in those is not exactly, uh.... fair. His team was honestly not bad with what he had available.
I can see him doing the postgame story for it, but it's not that long

1 minute ago, Dreamblitz said:

Yeah standard league system. And to be fair, he does try to grind but the level curve in those is not exactly, uh.... fair. His team was honestly not bad with what he had available.

Am i right to assume that the level curve is like that because of the randomizer? I can not imagine the vanilla game to throw level 70 Pokémon at you on the 7th gym....

Just now, ShogokiX said:

Am i right to assume that the level curve is like that because of the randomizer? I can not imagine the vanilla game to throw level 70 Pokémon at you on the 7th gym....

Yeah that battle is normally 4 pokemon level 42-44. iirc that was like, the second or third gym level in this. Also despite being a "randomizer" the significant battles and stuff are definitely hand-picked by the creator of it for him, which results in the 'extreme' part.

1 minute ago, Dreamblitz said:

the significant battles and stuff are definitely hand-picked by the creator of it for him, which results in the 'extreme' part.

So someone intentionally wanted to screw him over, and screw him good.....i like that guy!

6 hours ago, Dreamblitz said:

Big thank you exactly the information I needed.

15 minutes ago, Dreamblitz said:

Good to know it isnt that long. I feared it will take him 2 more months to finish it.

4 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

So someone intentionally wanted to screw him over, and screw him good.....i like that guy!

A big thumbs up for that guy. How to make it exciting and let Ttr feel pain. I know I am bad but I kinda enjoy watching TTar suffer but still come trough