Pokemon Enigma - New Chapter!

MegaMew

20 hours ago, lil'Lou said:

Hello, i make a file for see what happens if we didn't save aria in the flora forest so in a moment of the story, we play as Amy. However she is in the elevator and we can't go up because nobody happens when we click on button of elevator and when i go out, i can't go back to elevator because it say i need a key. So what the soluce? because i don't know what Amy should do. Help me please.

that is a bug that is occuring with people and is in the process of being fixed............ as for when the fix will be out it is unknown

2 hours ago, lil'Lou said:

Hello, i make a file for see what happens if we didn't save aria in the flora forest so in a moment of the story, we play as Amy. However she is in the elevator and we can't go up because nobody happens when we click on button of elevator and when i go out, i can't go back to elevator because it say i need a key. So what the soluce? because i don't know what Amy should do. Help me please.

So, you don't actually have to use the elevator to progress. You can continue the plot from within the room.

6 hours ago, MegaMew said:

So, you don't actually have to use the elevator to progress. You can continue the plot from within the room.

what room? u mean the room where the elevator to where aria went? cuz if so idk where in there is needed cuz i swear i interacted with everything and nothing happened

4 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

what room? u mean the room where the elevator to where aria went? cuz if so idk where in there is needed cuz i swear i interacted with everything and nothing happened

Hold on. Can you send me your savefile? I don't think I know exactly where you mean.

2 hours ago, MegaMew said:

Hold on. Can you send me your savefile? I don't think I know exactly where you mean.

this was the elevator door i spoke of before that needed a key to reach aria, its the one in the lobby floor of her gym building i remember you saying a few days ago or something that the door shouldnt be locked and that you were gonna get a fix out the following day or someting but nothing happened

Game_2 - 13 - Ren - 5h 7m - 1 badges.rxdata

50 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

this was the elevator door i spoke of before that needed a key to reach aria, its the one in the lobby floor of her gym building i remember you saying a few days ago or something that the door shouldnt be locked and that you were gonna get a fix out the following day or someting but nothing happened

Game_2 - 13 - Ren - 5h 7m - 1 badges.rxdata 346.89 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks! I'll take a look.

EDIT: So, I dug around the file, and here's the fix: Game_6 - 15 - Ren - 5h 9m - 1 badges.rxdata

Just continue north.

For everyone else who was stuck at this spot, please post your file, and I'll fix it.

Edited by MegaMew

finaly beat the current release but i must ask out of curiosity.............. despite the badge raising the level limit to 35 i was unable to level anything at all as if the level limit was still 30........... is there a reason for this?

4 hours ago, MegaMew said:

I just looked through your save file, and the game should be functioning normally. Just start the scene in the area you are at. Unless something else is not supposed to be happening?

That's weird. I search but i don't know what to do when i play as Amy.

This is my last savefile just after my player was taken away by pidgeotto :

Game - 103 - Amy - 4h 48m - 1 badges.rxdata

9 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

finaly beat the current release but i must ask out of curiosity.............. despite the badge raising the level limit to 35 i was unable to level anything at all as if the level limit was still 30........... is there a reason for this?

Yes, I believe I'm an idiot. I'll add that to the list of changes for a future patch.

7 hours ago, lil'Lou said:

Game - 103 - Amy - 4h 48m - 1 badges.rxdata 350.49 kB · 0 downloads

I'll take a look.

oh i had also noticed at the end after beating the gym leader there was a notification mentioning beta testers and a delivery guy.............. now i dont believe i ever became a beta tester for this but said delivery guy was waiting for me and i must say the present he had for me was quite nice

On 12/21/2019 at 4:00 PM, lil'Lou said:

Game - 103 - Amy - 4h 48m - 1 badges.rxdata 350.49 kB · 0 downloads

I finally was able to get around to fixing this! I apologize for making you wait!

Here's the fix. Please download it, and place the contents within the Data Folder:

https://mega.nz/#!KzoAGSrL!qfLQVikYsv6JZLN4g6JTAjsXmn5x0-qZtb6-R8HEWU8

• Like 1

Spoiler

Capture3.thumb.PNG.06370766b8f2f352533b06a0037cd8ae.PNG

so i should probably explain the whole "redoing episode 1 and 2" so here you go.

basicaly.

open world.

maps will be redone in this new gen 4 style of tiles and mapping. 

the map IS playable, but I'll show some pictures of it later. so anyways, there's something else.

bigger

better

gym challenges.

what?

well, basically, the reason I want to have four episodes of content into 1 beta is because you can now challenge the gyms/do the plots in any order. technically, you could do all the plot and none of the episodes, or you could do all the gyms first. whatever.

anyways, PLEASE let me know what you think about this all.

k, byeee

-MegaMew

Edited by MegaMew
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MegaMew said:

Reveal hidden contents

Capture3.thumb.PNG.06370766b8f2f352533b06a0037cd8ae.PNG

so i should probably explain the whole "redoing episode 1 and 2" so here you go.

basicaly.

open world.

maps will be redone in this new gen 4 style of tiles and mapping. 

the map IS playable, but I'll show some pictures of it later. so anyways, there's something else.

bigger

better

gym challenges.

what?

well, basically, the reason I want to have four episodes of content into 1 beta is because you can now challenge the gyms/do the plots in any order. technically, you could do all the plot and none of the episodes, or you could do all the gyms first. whatever.

anyways, PLEASE let me know what you think about this all.

k, byeee

-MegaMew

im guessing when u say gym challenges u mean something more akin to sword and shield's thing or is it something different?

also when it comes to the whle "doing gyms in any order" thing, how will that work exactly? will their be means of accessing these areas without the need for specific field moves or something?  personally i always liked the old school method of gym battling in the sense of needing to battle one to battle the other or something to that effect although there is one fan game out there i like that does something similar to what you have planned but how they do it is all gyms in the game will be optional except for 1 specific gym

all-in-all its something im personally indifferent on but would honestly prefer the game doesnt have that in it

8 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

im guessing when u say gym challenges u mean something more akin to sword and shield's thing or is it something different?

also when it comes to the whle "doing gyms in any order" thing, how will that work exactly? will their be means of accessing these areas without the need for specific field moves or something?  personally i always liked the old school method of gym battling in the sense of needing to battle one to battle the other or something to that effect although there is one fan game out there i like that does something similar to what you have planned but how they do it is all gyms in the game will be optional except for 1 specific gym

all-in-all its something im personally indifferent on but would honestly prefer the game doesnt have that in it

Thanks for your opinion, and questions. Essentially, it will work in small increments, going one island at a time. So, to begin, you’ll have four gyms to choose from, all on the first island. Then, the game will close again. Imagine it like a figure eight. It’s open for a while, when you can do the gyms, but then it may close for a while, when you don’t have much freedom to choose.

I’ll program it so that trainers keep increasing their levels, based on how many badges you have. HMs will now, for the most part, not be used to block progression, but rather optional sidequests, items, and Pokemon.

I hope these answer your questions. If you have any more, please feel free to ask.

• Like 1

Hey Everyone. I had the privilege of being a beta tester for the game and I want to give my likes and dislikes about it.overall the game was great and it was fun exploring the region while completing the side quest.

Spoiler

What I enjoyed:

1. To access the story you really need to explore. Some say it's a hassle but personally I liked how open the town was and that nobody was holding my hand while playing.

2. The characters were hard to forget as they were presented well throughout the story. (My favourite character is Amy)

3. The split decision was amazing. It changed who you are as a character and what others think about you. It makes you think about the aspects in the future. I put the 2 decisions in episode 2 as either sweet or spicy

4. The professor is important to the plot. I wish that would be the case for every game because it gives a sense of him benefiting the game rather than him just sitting in his lab and counting the pokedex number.

What I disliked:

1. Wild pokemon diversity. Since gym leaders are difficult and use 6 pokemon, So having good type match ups is essential to win. However the pokemon provided were not appropriate for the gym. For example on the second gym which is grass we get rock or grass types. Although we have ekans and flegling from the first town I wish there was more variety to pick from.

2. Custom moves are overpowered. More in particular wildfire. I felt the move was too strong at least for the first gym badge. If it was used as a tool to beat the second badge, maybe as a alternative to give the tm in the late game and provide good wild pokemon to combat the second gym.

Finally i would like to thank @MegaMew for  his hard work and Enigma as a whole.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dnjdndf said:

Hey Everyone. I had the privilege of being a beta tester for the game and I want to give my likes and dislikes about it.overall the game was great and it was fun exploring the region while completing the side quest.

Hide contents

What I enjoyed:

1. To access the story you really need to explore. Some say it's a hassle but personally I liked how open the town was and that nobody was holding my hand while playing.

2. The characters were hard to forget as they were presented well throughout the story. (My favourite character is Amy)

3. The split decision was amazing. It changed who you are as a character and what others think about you. It makes you think about the aspects in the future. I put the 2 decisions in episode 2 as either sweet or spicy

4. The professor is important to the plot. I wish that would be the case for every game because it gives a sense of him benefiting the game rather than him just sitting in his lab and counting the pokedex number.

What I disliked:

1. Wild pokemon diversity. Since gym leaders are difficult and use 6 pokemon, So having good type match ups is essential to win. However the pokemon provided were not appropriate for the gym. For example on the second gym which is grass we get rock or grass types. Although we have ekans and flegling from the first town I wish there was more variety to pick from.

2. Custom moves are overpowered. More in particular wildfire. I felt the move was too strong at least for the first gym badge. If it was used as a tool to beat the second badge, maybe as a alternative to give the tm in the late game and provide good wild pokemon to combat the second gym.

Finally i would like to thank @MegaMew for  his hard work and Enigma as a whole.

Thank you very much for you kind words! They really mean a lot to me!

As for the wild Pokemon, I have several plans to distribute better mons in the next episode, so look forward to that. And yes, Wildfire is overpowered, and will probably be nerfed or removed in the future.

Again, thanks a lot for your thoughts!

1 hour ago, MegaMew said:

Thank you very much for you kind words! They really mean a lot to me!

As for the wild Pokemon, I have several plans to distribute better mons in the next episode, so look forward to that. And yes, Wildfire is overpowered, and will probably be nerfed or removed in the future.

Again, thanks a lot for your thoughts!

that reminds me speaking of wildfire being nerfed or removed..................... why did fletchinder lose flame charge over cinder spray? i mean surenew moves are cool and all but i ws just curious about it missing from its toolkit

8 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

that reminds me speaking of wildfire being nerfed or removed..................... why did fletchinder lose flame charge over cinder spray? i mean surenew moves are cool and all but i ws just curious about it missing from its toolkit

Okay, I can add it back in. I didn’t mean to delete any current moves, but maybe it accidentally happened.

Me again. I was 30/ 40 minutes in and found a bug 😞

I got the new pokemon 'RenameItLol' (amazing name xD) and did some fighting. Decide to use teleport to save me some time but arrived here instead of the pokecentre. Problem being I'm stuck and can't move anywhere. Teleporting again lands me in the same spot so RIP me. No big deal as I haven't lost too much time since my last save but could have been a lot worse.

Sending a screen shot in case it helps.

image.thumb.png.2aefa064c389c4c6f1b3a0dd0c641f20.png