Jump to content

Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 28th Nov '21)


BlueTowel

Recommended Posts

I tried every possible tile with the peak, but nothing happens... But I noticed that steelix flies by when I run into the far right corner of the hidden slopes. But I can't interact with it, it travels simply from right to left... 

 

Edit: I found the problem, I'm just stupid xD I got Metal Powder instead of Magnet Powder.... sorry :( But thank you very much for your support!

 

Second Edit: I'm frozen inside the ancient shrine after the battle. I can't move or open the menu, nothing. What is this? I cant play the game anymore

Edited by TrainGhidoran
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TrainGhidoran said:

Second Edit: I'm frozen inside the ancient shrine after the battle. I can't move or open the menu, nothing. What is this? I cant play the game anymore

Oh no! I thought I'd fixed that, but it might be fixed for the next version. I'm sorry! Can you send me your save file, please? I want to at least verify that I've fixed it for the next version, and if not then to make sure I do so!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all I'd like to post this little bugfix patch:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E6uhinQNWX2kngxGhuv8DB6dREi_r7w-/view?usp=sharing

To install it, extract or copy the files inside to the /Data/ directory and replace the relevant files (scripts.rxdata and two Maps)

This fixes the Monster House bug with Corrosive Gas, the Ancient Shrine event softlock and also fixes the Mystery Egg in Secret Glade. 

 

Secondly I'd like to apologise for the delay in fixing these serious bugs. The next version has felt a couple of weeks away for over a month now, and while I feel like it's still a couple of weeks away, I can see the pattern...

In any case, 10 Pokémon lines still need sprites, a few bugs still need fixing and a couple of events need a little polish.

I'll leave some polish until after Reborn e19 to reduce duplicate work, and to get it out sooner!

 

@Venyal @TrainGhidoran @EyesOnKindred

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, Nocturne93 said:

I noticed Milcery's cry sounds a bit glitched and distorted. Is this intentional or a bug? 

It's a bug! I'll try to get that fixed for the next version! Thanks for the report! :D

 

---

 

On that note, aiming to release Plates of Arceus: Episode 0 (aka v0.6.13) on Sunday, 30th 31st October!
There's one event left to redo (shrine opening), a handful of Pokémon to sprite (although two handfuls to do shinies for), a few NPC sprites and a few bug fixes to do.

Skipping the animations this time, though, to make sure it releases at a good time. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't quite figure out the puzzle in Vanhanen Castle. There's supposed to be a Hatenna in the small room with the mirror, but it's not there for me. Also, I can't seem to progress in the black room. According to the wikia I have to proceed through the central doors, but there are no accessible central doors in that room. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2021 at 11:27 AM, Nocturne93 said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't quite figure out the puzzle in Vanhanen Castle. There's supposed to be a Hatenna in the small room with the mirror, but it's not there for me. Also, I can't seem to progress in the black room. According to the wikia I have to proceed through the central doors, but there are no accessible central doors in that room. 

Hi! The Hatenna was moved to after the puzzle in that version, but I'm moving it back soon.
The double doors that appear are these:

Spoiler

image.png.1d837b0501109c3f5d9af9619f61da88.png

If they aren't there, then you may be on an older version of the mod or haven't gotten to that stage of the puzzle yet.

I did the puzzle just now to make sure the steps were correct. 

 

Quick update too, I said Sunday 30th before but Sunday is the 31st, it's by midnight (my time, UK) on the 31st that I'm aiming to release by!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus, Episode 0

New & Updated Sprites

Too many to list!

 

New Forms

Snow Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Mega (Icicle Plate)

Pixie Sandslash, Sandshrew (Pixie Plate)

Bandalore Drowzee, Hypno (Fist Plate, Drowzee uses Oval Stone to evolve)

Land Krabby, Kingler (Insect Plate)

Harpy Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Mega (Sky Plate)
Bakhdi Numel, Camerupt, Mega (Icicle Plate)

Pumelo Tropius (Fist Plate)

Wood Chingling, Chimecho (Meadow Plate)
Mind Combee, Vespiquen (Mind Plate)

Mystic Misdreavus, Mismagius (Mind Plate)

Stone Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant (Stone Plate)

Deep Dive Dewpider, Araquanid (Iron Plate)

Insect Grookey, Thwackey, Rillaboom (Insect Plate)

Pixie Scorbunny, Raboot, Cinderace (Pixie Plate)

Sky Sobble, Drizzile, Inteleon (Sky Plate)

Toxic Arrakuda, Barraskewda (Toxic Plate)

Antique Sinistea, Polteageist (Secret location)

Madaamu (Kanto Sirfetch'd)

Mr. Rhyme (Kanto Mr. Rime)

Sky Dreepy, Drakloak, Dragapult (Sky Plate)

 

Tweaks

Icicle Beedrill no longer has access to Toxic Spikes.

Arctosaur is now called Arctopras.

Zoltavialan is now called Therozolt.

Fossil Dracosaur now has Weak Armor instead of Hustle.

Fossil Dunklevish now has Weak Armor instead of Water Absorb.

Clown Conkeldurr now gets Mat Block as an Egg Move.

Meadow Meganium is now Grass/Normal-type, and no longer learns Sappy Seed by level-up. It is still acquired by Meadow Plate.

Lava Staryu and Starmie can no longer learn Dive.

Ill Wind Sneasel and Weavile Abilities changed to Super Luck, Keen Eye and Infiltrator, and Weavile gains Keen Eye as an Ability.
Ill Wind Sneasel and Weavile base stats change to physical-leaning mixed attacker: Sneasel -20 SpDef -10 Atk +30 SpAtk, Weavile: -20 SpDef, -15 Atk, -5 HP, +40 SpAtk

Both forms of Aurorus can now learn Aurora Veil.

Mega Ice Tyranitar base stats and Ability change: Now a slow, bulky mixed attacker with Snow Warning.

Toxic Eelektrik and Eelektross movepool changes: loses Giga Drain, gains Leech Life.

Toxic poison now turns into normal Poison vs Totem Pokémon.

Assorted small changes to maps added with the Alternate Form Pack.

 

I'll post something tomorrow about what's next, as well as update the first post. It's late for me right now.

 

Downloads & Installation

If you already have Pokémon Reborn or an older version of Alternate Form Pack, use the patch.

 

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 609.8 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G12ej_jAZcSVrpd5L9xM8fOceUEWthgY/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

 

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 149.8 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1edZFPRlSqSFjxyb2DwJ9eniV0nvSvPxp/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, hate to be THAT guy, since, on first look I love everything you've done so far, but my obsessive tendencies don't like the fact that there isn't a harpie Gallade equivalent, and the galarian birds seem to be missing non shiny front sprites

Edited by Xyrax
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Xyrax said:

So, hate to be THAT guy, since, on first look I love everything you've done so far, but my obsessive tendencies don't like the fact that there isn't a harpie Gallade equivalent, and the galarian birds seem to be missing non shiny front sprites

Good catch! I'd missed adding those and a few other sprites, as well as adding the relevant plates to the first free plate event for the new 8th gen starter altforms.

So that's all fixed in the downloads now! 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The new and updated sprites look great! I especially like all the alternate eeveelutions and Alt Clefable. 

 

I don't know if these things were reported already, but I noticed some small bugs:

-When I hover over Alt Girafarig in the PC box, a CRC error message pops up. The same happens with Alt Fire Sunflora.

-Alt Camerupt has its correct abilities, but Mega Alt Camerupt has the abilities of the normal Fire/Ground Camerupt and not its intended correct ability.

-Alt Mismagius is not Psychic-type like it should be. The sprite is correct and different from regular Mismagius, but it's still displayed as a mono Ghost-type. 

-The Galarian Mr. Mime I caught on the Hidden Slopes has the sprite of Kantonian Mr. Mime in the party menu. Also, it evolved into Kantonian Mr. Rime instead of Galarian Mr. Rime. 

 

Thanks for the great content and I'm really looking forward to the next episodes! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nocturne93 said:

The new and updated sprites look great! I especially like all the alternate eeveelutions and Alt Clefable. 

 

I don't know if these things were reported already, but I noticed some small bugs:

-When I hover over Alt Girafarig in the PC box, a CRC error message pops up. The same happens with Alt Fire Sunflora.

-Alt Camerupt has its correct abilities, but Mega Alt Camerupt has the abilities of the normal Fire/Ground Camerupt and not its intended correct ability.

-Alt Mismagius is not Psychic-type like it should be. The sprite is correct and different from regular Mismagius, but it's still displayed as a mono Ghost-type. 

-The Galarian Mr. Mime I caught on the Hidden Slopes has the sprite of Kantonian Mr. Mime in the party menu. Also, it evolved into Kantonian Mr. Rime instead of Galarian Mr. Rime. 

 

Thanks for the great content and I'm really looking forward to the next episodes! 

 

I couldn't reproduce the CRC error with Alt Girafarig or Alt Fire Sunflora, is it still happening? Can you get a screencap of it maybe?

The other bugs should be fixed now, the downloads have been updated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

 

I couldn't reproduce the CRC error with Alt Girafarig or Alt Fire Sunflora, is it still happening? Can you get a screencap of it maybe?

The other bugs should be fixed now, the downloads have been updated.

It doesn't break the game, but the sprites disappear for a second when the error pops up. Those two are the only ones that seem to have it (I went over all my other Pokémon in the PC box). 

Spoiler

118110274_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.eb303626b68e53a1a5df662feeabc231.png

Spoiler

2064062362_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.8b2dfeae008476bfb7129cd545268348.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Nocturne93 said:

It doesn't break the game, but the sprites disappear for a second when the error pops up. Those two are the only ones that seem to have it (I went over all my other Pokémon in the PC box). 

  Hide contents

118110274_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.eb303626b68e53a1a5df662feeabc231.png

  Hide contents

2064062362_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.8b2dfeae008476bfb7129cd545268348.png

 

Thanks! Try adding these two files into your /Graphics/Battlers/ folder to replace the ones in those error messages to see if it fixes it.
192_1.png.84bf8a92ebe40780dd61b7fba8d405a8.png203f_1.png.b5214532125192f10b7f2161fbd62533.png

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

Thanks! Try adding these two files into your /Graphics/Battlers/ folder to replace the ones in those error messages to see if it fixes it.
192_1.png.84bf8a92ebe40780dd61b7fba8d405a8.png203f_1.png.b5214532125192f10b7f2161fbd62533.png

 

It's fixed now, thanks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nocturne93 said:

It's fixed now, thanks! 

Great! Happy to help!

 

And I nearly forgot to post something about what's coming next...!

 

Quote

Coming in Episode 1

  • New areas in main story
  • More interaction between Reborn and Plates of Arceus story content
  • New lategame story content
  • Animations for LGPE and Gen 8 moves
  • New Plate Interactions and new item system for them
  • SOS Totems
  • Gigantamax forms as Mega Stones
  • Legends: Arceus Pokémon, Regional Forms, Moves, etc.
  • More forms!

 

The original plan, at least the previously original plan which came after the original plan from before, was to rename the mod to Plates of Arceus with Episode 1. 

I had a chat with Ame about story plans and checking if they'd need rewriting after e19 and it was all cool but then e19 seemed to be coming faster than Episode 1. Huh, going Episodic may be a little confusing. Hm, maybe I should have gone with Chapters or Parts instead... 

So that is now to come after e19, though the content of Episode 1 will be lategame rather than postgame.

Similarly, since it's coming after e19, I decided to skip out on a few things to save on time and effort. Animations were left until later, and integrating the sidestory more into Reborn's story. 

 

Not included in Ep0 were new Plate Interactions. Between e19, time issues, balancing issues and a longstanding desire to create a crafting system for new items for Plate Interactions (Activated Platespatent pending), I decided to hold off on them for now. 

I've also been holding off on working on the Totem Pokémon system until after e19, to add in SOS Pokémon.

 

With the addition of new areas, I can also add in justified Gigantamax Stones and the new Pokémon from Legends: Arceus. 

Similarly to v0.6 and Gen 8, I was already adding new areas that seem like they'd fit this new content very nicely.


And lastly, there will be more new alternate forms in each new episode, and each episode will actually get playtested before release.

 

So that's the shape of the future, I think? It's late and I'm tired.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! There was a fairly serious bug where Pokémon would sometimes attack multiple times per turn.

To save downloading a big thing again, you can patch it by putting this Scripts.rxdata file into your /Data/ directory and overwriting the one there.Scripts.rxdata

The downloads have been updated with this too.

It does revert speed calculations to gen 7 mechanics, though. Updating them to gen 8 doesn't seem to be quite as simple as believed!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks! I redownloaded it a few days ago (the Ep. 0 version) and was having that bug. I'd also want to report another bug, albeit (i think) inocuous: each time the game has to show the backsprite of Piranha Carnivine, it shows this error message, mentioning the backsprite name present in the folder:

Spoiler

imagen.png.fc024622a7a8f567f1a3ab65496426dd.png

 

It can then be dismissed and the backsprite gets shown and everything without trouble. So I guess is more annoying than else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kithas said:

Thanks! I redownloaded it a few days ago (the Ep. 0 version) and was having that bug. I'd also want to report another bug, albeit (i think) inocuous: each time the game has to show the backsprite of Piranha Carnivine, it shows this error message, mentioning the backsprite name present in the folder:

  Hide contents

imagen.png.fc024622a7a8f567f1a3ab65496426dd.png

 

It can then be dismissed and the backsprite gets shown and everything without trouble. So I guess is more annoying than else.

I really don't know where these errors came from, I just have to re-save them to fix them.
Here's the fixed file for that.
455b_1.png.e0246a811df163694f7b14c43d358ef0.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! The downloads are updated with bugfixes related to Sula at Beryl Ward and I also made a change to something spoilery at Secret Glade to make it a little tougher and make Appletun a little harder to acquire since apparently it can solo Corey.

Thought I should let you guys know!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...