Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

I'm laughing, I went to Pyrous Mountain cus the dex said the Staryu are up there and I thought it would be the Alt Fire/Rock types in the fire pit like with the Charmander family but...😂

Also how to I get the Starmie Rock/Fire type?

image.png

• Veterans
11 hours ago, Sunny01 said:

I'm laughing, I went to Pyrous Mountain cus the dex said the Staryu are up there and I thought it would be the Alt Fire/Rock types in the fire pit like with the Charmander family but...😂

image.png

That's a puzzler! Code seems like it should work, so I think I'm missing something special about fishing somewhere. It should be a Fire/Rock Staryu.

In the meantime you can get a Lava Staryu by breeding using a Ditto, a Flame Plate and a Stone Plate. It then evolves into Starmie using a Fire Stone.

• Thanks 1

• Veterans
17 hours ago, Sunny01 said:

image.png

Oh whoops! Did you turn off the Altforms at the NPCs? That was the problem my end when testing it, hehe. Definitely confusing to find normal Staryu in a volcano! 

Will sort that for v0.7!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

started playing the mod and im enjoying it. and i have some suggestion for the mod and something i noticed. 

first of all, i think the earth plate should activate the sand force ability.

after that, if its not too much complicate to program, i think that holding a splash plate while having the ability stormdrain could also restore hp when hit by a water move (and if the holder have the ability water absorb, it could also have the effect of raising the sp. atk stats by 1), this could also work for fire flash and lighting rod/ volt absorb (maybe also throw ice body in that list)

i also noticed that my torterra, in his alternated form, still has his shell armor ability and not the solid rock ability like you put on the alternated pokedex. though i think it might be the result of forcing an ability by using the AMB debugmenu, even if it is a turtwig

(tho i have to say that shell armor+stone plate work pretty well on torterra)

Capture.PNG

edit 2: so i used 2 ability capsule on it and that fixed the problem

• Veterans
On 7/23/2021 at 7:00 AM, CorEagle said:

Any plans on making an Alternate Form Pack for Rejuv now that it just got updated?

Not exactly! A new Memejuvforms version is in the works that will retain casual/normal difficulty settings. No ETA though.

18 hours ago, potramon said:

started playing the mod and im enjoying it. and i have some suggestion for the mod and something i noticed. 

first of all, i think the earth plate should activate the sand force ability.

after that, if its not too much complicate to program, i think that holding a splash plate while having the ability stormdrain could also restore hp when hit by a water move (and if the holder have the ability water absorb, it could also have the effect of raising the sp. atk stats by 1), this could also work for fire flash and lighting rod/ volt absorb (maybe also throw ice body in that list)

i also noticed that my torterra, in his alternated form, still has his shell armor ability and not the solid rock ability like you put on the alternated pokedex. though i think it might be the result of forcing an ability by using the AMB debugmenu, even if it is a turtwig

(tho i have to say that shell armor+stone plate work pretty well on torterra)

Capture.PNG

edit 2: so i used 2 ability capsule on it and that fixed the problem

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! :D

Those are all pretty good abilities! I don't think they need Plate Interactions. 

The issue with Torterra's ability does sound likely to have been caused by debug. The ability coding is changed in the Alternate Form Pack to allow for more abilities to be in the game. It doesn't seem to be caused by AMB - AddOpt_DebugMenu though, so I'll have to check this out in the AFP scripts. Thanks for the bug report!

oh yeah, i also been playing around tyranitar 2 new form and discover not only the base stats of the forms, but also their mega evolution (which are not yet available unless using a debug mode), ice tyranitar got lot of change, but not space tyranitar, and i kinda wanna propose a little stat change for it and his space form

Spoiler

for space tyranitar, i would like to propose to swap its base speed with its attack stat, then removing 5 speed and 5 defence and re-add it to its attack

or in more simple data:

Spoiler

SPACE tyranitar

HP:100

ATTACK:71

DEFENSE:105

SP.ATK:134

SP.DEF:100

SPEED:90

for its mega evolution, i would suggest adding 30 to defence, sp.atk and sp.def and add 10 speed to the stats i offered

Spoiler

space mega tyranitar

DEFENCE:135

SP.ATTACK:164

SP.DEFENCE:130

SPEED:100

• Veterans
On 8/10/2021 at 8:41 PM, potramon said:

oh yeah, i also been playing around tyranitar 2 new form and discover not only the base stats of the forms, but also their mega evolution (which are not yet available unless using a debug mode), ice tyranitar got lot of change, but not space tyranitar, and i kinda wanna propose a little stat change for it and his space form

Reveal hidden contents

for space tyranitar, i would like to propose to swap its base speed with its attack stat, then removing 5 speed and 5 defence and re-add it to its attack

or in more simple data:

Reveal hidden contents

SPACE tyranitar

DEFENSE:105

SP.ATK:134

SP.DEF:100

SPEED:90

for its mega evolution, i would suggest adding 30 to defence, sp.atk and sp.def and add 10 speed to the stats i offered

Reveal hidden contents

space mega tyranitar

DEFENCE:135

SP.ATTACK:164

SP.DEFENCE:130

SPEED:100

thanks for the suggestion! i'll keep it in mind!

On 8/10/2021 at 9:21 PM, Sunny01 said:

It's kinda odd Aromatisse (Toxic) tho can learn Venom Drench, Venoshock, Poison jab and Toxic. Not learn Sludge Wave 

it's to try to keep it themed around using status! maybe i can find some more moves in that style to enrich the movepool?

• Upvote 1

• Veterans
28 minutes ago, CorEagle said:

Another question: Are you still updating the lists you have on the Alter Pokemon?

I am not updating the lists on this thread, and there is a wiki but I do not have time to update it. :'3

There's the Makeshift Altdex in the download, though!

• 2 weeks later...

Are the makeshift altdex files up to date? I'm starting to work on the wiki and was checking out Spooky Venusaur base stats and they don't seem to match up between in game and the altdex. The levels which moves are learned seem correct so I'm not sure.

• Veterans
15 hours ago, Icoza said:

Are the makeshift altdex files up to date? I'm starting to work on the wiki and was checking out Spooky Venusaur base stats and they don't seem to match up between in game and the altdex. The levels which moves are learned seem correct so I'm not sure.

Hi! The Makeshift Altdex files are up to date! :D Thanks for working on the wiki!! 

The stats on the wiki entry appear to be for Mega Venusaur. The Spooky form's stats are the same as normal! Though maybe they shouldn't be...

On 8/24/2021 at 5:29 AM, BlueTowel said:

Hi! The Makeshift Altdex files are up to date! :D Thanks for working on the wiki!! 

The stats on the wiki entry appear to be for Mega Venusaur. The Spooky form's stats are the same as normal! Though maybe they shouldn't be...

I'll probably work on it some starting tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veterans
10 hours ago, Venyal said:

72567085fb8f13cae7c53a9929d85eae.png
https://gyazo.com/72567085fb8f13cae7c53a9929d85eae

I got this error as I was fighting the monster house sableye. i get through most of them but the lvl 97 one always gives me this and it resets. what can I do to proceed?

I'm afraid you'll have to avoid that battle for now. I'm working on a new version that I'm trying to get out as soon as humanly possible, hopefully in the next week or two. That version fixes that progression-stopping bug.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

1 hour ago, BlueTowel said:

I'm afraid you'll have to avoid that battle for now. I'm working on a new version that I'm trying to get out as soon as humanly possible, hopefully in the next week or two. That version fixes that progression-stopping bug.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Okay, no problem. I expect bugs and such in a WIP. I just thought maybe it was on my end! :)

• Veterans
12 hours ago, sad dragonite said:

The same problem also appears on Victorias battle in grand hall at the beggining of the game

Hi! I was unable to replicate this bug. Are you perhaps using the PBS files from base Reborn or an older version of the Alternate Form Pack?

---

I feel like I haven't given any news for a real long time so I should do that!

I'm currently working on an update that's partly a bugfix patch, partly a polish patch and partly a major version. It's complicated! 

I'd planned to be working on v0.7 with quick bugfix patches as needed, but it started to look like Reborn E19 would be released either before or too close to that version. 

So I decided to include what I'd done for v0.7 so far in the bugfix patches, and that grew a bit into wanting to polish various aspects of the mod before E19 came out. 

What's coming?

• Alternate forms for the Gen 8 Starters and Pseudo-legendary to make sure all of the starters and pseudos have forms.
  • More alternate forms because if I'm adding more alternate forms I'm adding more alternate forms.
  • Fixing of incompletely implemented gen 8 mechanics, such as with Dragon Darts and some awkward sprite positioning.
  • Some map tweaks in response to feedback, such as the boundaries of Rock PokéSpot being a little tight.
  • Sprites and shinies for every alternate form added in the Alternate Form Pack.
  • New sprites for all of the Platers you can battle.
  • Overworld sprites for the Monster House encounters.
  • Some polishing of story elements, at least as far as I'm comfortable to do so before Reborn Episode 19.
  • Various bug fixes and tweaks.
  • A new name
    sp1.png.32fcd4c9fbdf9553fe7029e00c6cc7a4.png

And following this name change, the release format of this mod will be changing as well. 
It will be episodic, with a lot of additional story content to come. I'm really looking forward to that! 

I'll also be looking to incorporate what gameplay elements I can from Pokémon main series releases during that schedule, as well as polish existing mechanics such as the Totem Pokémon implementation.

I won't be giving deadlines, but I will try to release Plates of Arceus Ep0 as soon as I am able. There are still some events to update, animations to create, and some sprites left to do as well.

• Like 6

How do I get to the under ruins? I found something like a machine which asks for a code

Edit: I talked to ser verity but he doesnt give any hints, just says that i shall contact him for support. Those notes I found dont tell anything that helps.

Edited by TrainGhidoran

• Veterans
14 hours ago, TrainGhidoran said:

How do I get to the under ruins? I found something like a machine which asks for a code

Edit: I talked to ser verity but he doesnt give any hints, just says that i shall contact him for support. Those notes I found dont tell anything that helps.

I think you're at the lift (or elevator) shaft in the Abandoned Mine. The puzzle involves navigating the lift's computer systems with a damaged screen, represented by sections of the text being blanked out. You have to figure out why it's not working and change the settings to enable it to work.

The solution can now be found on the wiki:

https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/Abandoned_Mine:_Puzzle_Solution

• Like 1

Thank you very mush :) I have got another question: those 8th Gen fossils are only obtainable one time (as I know). Is it possible to get all 4 fossil Pokémon from Gen 8 or will it be possible in future updates? 

Edit: I also have problems with steelix in thehidden slopes, because I dont know, where to place the requested items. There is no bowl or something similar...

Edited by TrainGhidoran

• Veterans
1 hour ago, TrainGhidoran said:

Thank you very mush :) I have got another question: those 8th Gen fossils are only obtainable one time (as I know). Is it possible to get all 4 fossil Pokémon from Gen 8 or will it be possible in future updates? 

Edit: I also have problems with steelix in thehidden slopes, because I dont know, where to place the requested items. There is no bowl or something similar...

There is an extra copy of each gen 8 fossil available at the end of the keys sidequest, but I should make sure to include another set in future updates.

For the Steelix, stand at the tip of the peak. I'll add an object for it next version too, thanks for the feedback! :D

• Veterans
3 hours ago, TrainGhidoran said:

The tip is the location of the flower you pick up, right? I tried to stand there but nothing happens when trying to interact with something... 

Thank you for your effort! 

Maybe stand one tile back from the peak and interact with where the flower used to be?