Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

• Veterans

Hi! There were more bugs and some new sprites, so here's another update that includes some new forms and tweaks with the bug fixes and new sprites.

v0.5.10

New Forms

Icicle Abra, Icicle Kadabra, Icicle Alakazam, Mega Icicle Alakazam

Pirate Sandile, Pirate Krokorok, Pirate Krookodile, Bubble Solosis, Bubble Duosion, Bubble Reuniclus,

Toxic Eelektrik, Toxic Eelektross, Electric Litwick, Electric Lampent, Electric Chandelure

Meadow Dedenne, Stinging Goomy, Stinging Sliggoo, Stinging Goodra

New Sprites

Flame Slowbro, Shiny Flame Slowbro, Mega Flame Slowbro, Shiny Mega Flame Slowbro
Flame Slowking, Shiny Flame Slowking
Electric Litwick, Electric Lampent, Electric Chandelure
Leafy Skrelp, Shiny Leafy Skrelp, Leafy Dragalge, Shiny Leafy Dragalge
Meadow Dedenne, Shiny Meadow Dedenne
Splash Solosis, Shiny Splash Solosis, Splash Duosion, Shiny Splash Duosion, Splash Reuniclus, Shiny Splash Reuniclus
Sandy Castform

Tweaks

Mind Noctowl now has Analytic instead of Insomnia, and Tinted Lens returns as its Hidden Ability. (or just Ability #3 in Reborn)

Pixie Drapion has had a base stat redistribution: it now has a little less Special Attack and Speed, and a bit more Special Defense.

Stone Torterra has also had a base stat redistribution to better reflect its design: a little less Special Attack and Speed, and a little more Defense and Special Defense.

Toxic (or Plague) Aromatisse now has the Ability Triage instead of Healer.

Bug Fixes

Mud Poliwag can now be acquired by breeding using an Earth Plate, and normal Poliwag by breeding a Mud Poliwag using a Splash Plate. (This was meant to be included in v0.5.9)

Defossilising Tyrunt via breeding now correctly uses Dread Plate, not Draco Plate.

EV yields were corrected for Alternate Forms with Base Stat changes: Beedrill, Electabuzz, Dragonite, Meganium, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Torterra, Carnivine, Samurott, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Durant and Rhybombee now reward EVs appropriate to their stat distribution.

I've found I can generally avoid serious pain if I keep two nights between sessions on the PC, besides the times it gets painful for no apparent reason, so development continues. 🙂

I'm out of time to finish updating the thread, though, so for the new forms not in the Info Pages: 

Toxic Eelektrik is via Toxic Plate + Level Up. Eelektross as normal from there. 

Electric Litwick line can be gained via Zap Plate + breeding or Zap Plate + Level Up Litwick into Lampent.

Meadow Dedenne is via Meadow Plate + breeding.

Stinging Goomy line can be gained with Toxic Plate + breeding or Toxic Plate + Level Up Goomy.

I'll finish updating the Info Pages on Monday. 

Edit: First post not updating when edited, maybe this one will? Here's links:

Main (V0.5.10) (516.0 MB, .zip)
https://mega.nz/#!z2whnQJZ!qnf_Dm-VJLa7Ath7kQ9QJ4481j_YF6TwPVAjCjXJ2eo (Mega Upload)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TIcq_LiM8jdkSFz6Z6TyteGLJKZX7zSt (Google Drive)

Patch (V0.5.10) (33.1 MB, .zip) 

https://mega.nz/#!a7olTaSA!bSjOUo2hTaGA7dIFC_mOfLIPLt7f0t-IPlYc5W2RRos (Mega Upload)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HQ647LrkkMnfNLdXmJQjXZh-BuiF8P5O (Google Drive)

Edited by BlueTowel
  • Like 2

whatever happened to the pictures of all the new forms and whatnot? its as if all those pictures have vanished from the post..................

that aside i hope normal and/or shiny pirate krook will eventually resemble king k. rool in time, i mean its only right after all :3

• Veterans
On 8/18/2019 at 5:38 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

whatever happened to the pictures of all the new forms and whatnot? its as if all those pictures have vanished from the post..................

that aside i hope normal and/or shiny pirate krook will eventually resemble king k. rool in time, i mean its only right after all :3

I had to separate the Alt Dex into multiple posts. It was getting difficult to edit in new information with it all in one. That post now links to the posts with that gen's new Alt Forms. 🙂

A King K. Rool styled Shiny Pirate Krook sounds good! Gotta go with classic pirates for the normals, I think.

Alt Dex pages are now updated for v0.5.10, and the first post has accepted the edits with the new links and information. So that's sorted! 

Looks like I'll be doing a v0.5.11 before v0.6, which will contain a few more forms and sprites.

I finally got around to playing this mod and I love it. However, I think I found two glitches.

1- When shedinja holds a spooky plate, gets hit, revives, switches out and switches back in, it will revert back to a regular shedinja. You can keep doing this to keep shedinja alive and cheese almost every fight in the game.

2- When I fought Samson at the circus, the Ringmaster was invisible during her dialogue. It didn't affect much and she was visible after the battle in the circus backroom. I assume this happened because I did all of the plate battles in the circus before I first talked to the Ringmaster but idk.

Really loving the mod and can't wait to see the next updates!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans

Hi! An update! New forms, new sprites, bug fixes, big hugs! No more bugs now, yes? Memeforms coming next, v0.6 coming after! Yay! 

v0.5.11

New Forms
Floral Vulpix, Floral Ninetales, Engine Koffing, Engine Weezing, Magma Staryu, Magma Starmie

Smelter Magmar, Smelter Magmortar
Spooky Natu,

Sky Grovyle, Iron Swalot
Positron Beldum, Positron Metang, Positron Metagross, Mega Positron Metagross
Sun Bagon, Sun Shelgon, Sun Salamence, Mega Sun Salamence
Clown Timburr, Clown Gurdurr, Clown Conkeldurr
Cybertank Deino, Cybertank Zweilous, Cybertank Hydreigon
Telepathic Deino, Telepathic Zweilous, Telepathic Hydreigon

New Sprites
Floral Vulpix, Shiny Floral Vulpix, Floral Ninetales, Shiny Floral Ninetales, Icicle Abra
Engine Koffing Egg, Engine Koffing, Shiny Engine Koffing, Engine Weezing, Shiny Engine Weezing
Magma Staryu, Magma Starmie
Spooky Natu Egg, Spooky Natu
Zap Torchic Egg, Zap Torchic, Iron Swalot (M&F), Shiny Iron Swalot (M&F), Sandy Castform

Icicle Empoleon
Pirate Sandile Egg, Pirate Sandile, Shiny Pirate Sandile, Pirate Krokorok, Shiny Pirate Krokorok, Pirate Krookodile, Shiny Pirate Krookodile
Shiny Normal Munna (M&F), Shiny Normal Musharna (M&F)
Cybertank Deino Egg, Cybertank Deino, Shiny Cybertank Deino, Cybertank Zweilous, Shiny Cybertank Zweilous, Cybertank Hydreigon, Shiny Cybertank Hydreigon
Telepathic Deino Egg, Telepathic Deino, Shiny Telepathic Deino, Telepathic Zweilous, Shiny Telepathic Zweilous, Telepathic Hydreigon, Shiny Telepathic Hydreigon
Meadow Dedenne Egg

New Icons
Spooky Venusaur, Mega Spooky Venusaur, Partner Pikachu, Spooky Clefairy, Spooky Clefable, Sky Jigglypuff, Sky Wigglytuff, Flame Slowpoke, Flame Slowbro

Tweaks

Mr. Biggles can now be hugged.
Slow Start Infernape with Flame/Fist Plates no longer gains stat boosts that turn if the last move it used was Substitute or Protect.
Nosepass can now evolve into Probopass in the Byxbysion Hideout and Gym, and anywhere inside the Abandoned Power Plant.
Breeding the following Alternate Form Pokémon now yields a baby that looks normal (for now), but will evolve into said Alternate Form: 

Spoiler

Mind Venomoth -> Venonat, 
Pixie Rapidash -> Ponyta, 
Fist Electabuzz/Electivire -> Elekid, 
Smelting Magmar/Magmortar -> Magby, 
Sky Grovyle/Sceptile -> Treecko, 
Zap Combusken/Blaziken -> Torchic, 
Toxic Mightyena -> Poochyena,
Toxic Grumpig -> Spoink,
Pixie Altaria -> Swablu,
Insect Drapion -> Skorupi, 
Pixie Drapion -> Skorupi, 
Zap Probopass -> Nosepass,
Fist Barbaracle -> Binacle, 
Iron Hakamo-o/Kommo-o -> Jangmo-o

More Alternate Form Pokémon can now evolve into their normal forms with Plates, enabling some transfer of exclusive moves between forms: 

Spoiler

Grovyle -> Sceptile
Combusken -> Blaziken
Trapinch -> Vibrava -> Flygon
Shelgon -> Salamence
Beldum -> Metang -> Metagross
Timburr -> Gurdurr
Sandile -> Krokorok -> Krookodile
Solosis -> Duosion -> Reuniclus
Litwick -> Lampent
Mienfoo -> Mienshao
Deino -> Zweilous -> Hydreigon
Skrelp -> Dragalge
Goomy -> Sliggoo
Jangmo-o -> Hakamo-o -> Kommo-o

Bug Fixes
Rhybombee Defense now has the correct amount of defense for an average of Rhyperior and Ribombee.
Shedinja and Wormadam no longer reset their forms and Spooky Guard after switching.
The Ringmaster should no longer turn invisible during the Samson battle if Indra's sidequest is completed before the gym.

Edit: Updating info posts on Monday. Hand hurts too much.

Edited by BlueTowel
Manos
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Edit: Updating info posts on Monday. Hand hurts too much.

You probably don't think you need it, but you can take a break. No one expected so much content at one time. You make the coolest shit I've seen, for the coolest thing I've seen, on a terribly niche part of the internet. While that doesn't mean I'm the only person who likes what you make, I am happy with what's here, and I've been since what feels like 0.4. Everything now is an unexpected and overwhelming bonus. That's not a good reason for me to be so stern - I don't really have fun with a lot of things: this is a mod for a fan-made pokemon game. If you want to keep doing this then please take your time.

If you are doing this for yourself then please take your time.

wait no I made it too real crap we're on the internet I have no reaction gifs to ease the tone

have this sacrificial rendition of hunneon my friend gave an 'ok'/10

back on topic nailed it, now no one can say I was being sincere without seeing this abomination

808.png

Edited by Reconcookiemons
feelings got in the way of grammar - had to bash them out

• Veterans

Quick update for the form types and methods while I slowly update the info posts over a few days, 'cause I won't be around as much for a week.

Floral Vulpix: Grass, via Meadow Plate breeding

Floral Ninetales: Grass/Psychic, via Floral Vulpix + Leaf Stone

Engine Koffing: Poison/Steel, via Iron Plate breeding

Engine Weezing: Poison/Steel, via Iron Plate evolution

Lava Staryu: Rock/Fire, via Stone Plate & Flame Plate breeding (together, one on each parent)

Lava Starmie: Rock/Fire, via Lava Staryu + Fire Stone

Smelter Magmar: Fire/Steel, via Magby + Iron Plate evolution

Smelter Magmortar: Fire/Steel, evolve Smelter Magmar
Spooky Natu: Ghost/Flying, via Spooky Plate breeding

Sky Grovyle: Grass/Flying, via Sky Plate evolution

Iron Swalot: Poison/Steel, via Iron Plate evolution
Positron Beldum: Electric/Psychic, via Zap Plate breeding

Positron Metang: Electric/Psychic, via Zap Plate evolution

Positron Metagross: Electric/Psychic, via Zap Plate evolution

Mega Positron Metagross: Electric/Ghost, via Metagrossite
Sun Bagon: Dragon, via Flame Plate breeding (no sprite yet, but can learn Flare Blitz by breeding)

Sun Shelgon: Dragon/Fire, via Flame Plate evolution

Sun Salamence: Dragon/Fire, via Flame Plate evolution

Mega Sun Salamence: Dragon/Fire, via Salamencite
Clown Timburr: Fighting/Fairy, via Pixie Plate breeding

Clown Gurdurr: Fighting/Fairy, via Pixie Plate evolution

Clown Conkeldurr: Fighting/Fairy, via Link Stone or Trade

Cybertank Deino: Dragon/Steel, via Iron Plate breeding

Cybertank Zweilous: Dragon/Steel, via Iron Plate evolution

Cybertank Hydreigon: Dragon/Steel, via Iron Plate evolution
Telepathic Deino: Dragon/Psychic, via Mind Plate breeding

Telepathic Zweilous: Dragon/Psychic, via Mind Plate evolution

Telepathic Hydreigon: Dragon/Psychic, via Mind Plate evolution

10 hours ago, Reconcookiemons said:

You probably don't think you need it, but you can take a break. No one expected so much content at one time. You make the coolest shit I've seen, for the coolest thing I've seen, on a terribly niche part of the internet. While that doesn't mean I'm the only person who likes what you make, I am happy with what's here, and I've been since what feels like 0.4. Everything now is an unexpected and overwhelming bonus. That's not a good reason for me to be so stern - I don't really have fun with a lot of things: this is a mod for a fan-made pokemon game. If you want to keep doing this then please take your time.

If you are doing this for yourself then please take your time.

wait no I made it too real crap we're on the internet I have no reaction gifs to ease the tone

have this sacrificial rendition of hunneon my friend gave an 'ok'/10

back on topic nailed it, now no one can say I was being sincere without seeing this abomination

808.png

Thanks! If I'm uploading a new version with bug fixes, then I'm including what I've been working on in the meantime. I like making game stuff, it's fun! I just tend to work on things in compartments. First I'll do the new forms, then I'll do the prevos for old forms, then I'll do plate interactions, then I'll do ... you get the picture. I can code one-handed easily enough. Once I start doing something involving a lot of copy-pasting, though, then I get impatient and start doing it two-handed, which sets my hand off after a short while. I've also been pushing to get some forms in to help Memeforms balance. That's pretty much done now, so once the thread is updated I'll be working more relaxedly at the rest of my list of things I'd like to include in this mod before moving on. Pokémon and Reborn both have had a lot of thought and emotion put into them, and I'd like to reflect that in my weird little exploration of programming, game design and project management.

I think that's about all I have time for today, so uh, enjoy the forms! 

• Like 3

• Veterans
16 hours ago, Wizarmonfan said:

The alternate form pack, can that be loaded on top of the sandbox mode?

Answered on Discord, but in case anyone else is wondering: 

Yes! Alt Forms and Sandbox Mode (E18 version) can be installed in either order.

Edit: Didn't want to double post. Info posts are now updated with the v0.5.11 forms. Will add references to the new babies and evolution tricks another day.

Edited by BlueTowel
Info posts updated
  • Like 2

• Veterans

Quick bug fix update, no new forms in this one, unless you count the Beldum line working properly.

v0.5.11.1

Tweaks

Insect Flygon now has Sand Rush instead of Sand Veil.

Sun Salamence now has Intimidate instead of Solar Power.

Bug Fixes

Megas of Flame Slowbro, Sky Sceptile, Sun Salamence, Positron Metagross and Snow Lopunny now change type appropriately.

Positron Beldum, Metang and Metagross now correctly have Electric/Psychic typing.

Sun Salamence and Positron Metagross now always gain their Mega Ability upon Mega Evolution.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2019 at 6:27 AM, BlueTowel said:

Sun Salamence and Positron Metagross now always gain their Mega Ability upon Mega Evolution.

How are you able to manipulate a pokemon's changes after mega evolution? I think I'm still fresh to working with the pbs files and I can't seem to find anything looks like the Reborn pbs files on the Essentials wikis, but maybe I'm just dumb. Any help would be appreciated -I don't even know if this is the appropriate place to ask this information- and thank you for your time.

• Veterans
32 minutes ago, Reconcookiemons said:

How are you able to manipulate a pokemon's changes after mega evolution? I think I'm still fresh to working with the pbs files and I can't seem to find anything looks like the Reborn pbs files on the Essentials wikis, but maybe I'm just dumb. Any help would be appreciated -I don't even know if this is the appropriate place to ask this information- and thank you for your time.

In Reborn, the Mega Evolution forms are in the PokemonMultipleForms script, later in the file than the Alolan Forms and other form changes. It's fairly simple to change them from there.

I'm not sure if later Essentials versions have them somewhere else, since I'm to understand Ame and her team added 6th and 7th gen changes independently of the Essentials project and may have done it differently.

Also dropping this bombshell early: Sun Salamence is gonna be going. I had to give it a quick nerf already because Solar Power made it pretty much unstoppable. I've tried to find ways to make it interesting and unique, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to make it anything more than Better (Alt) Charizard or Better Turtonator. The concept and design isn't working so well. The good news is that there's a new Alternate Form for the Salamence line coming in the next version, which will be v0.6 and is a while away - probably in time for Christmas, maybe earlier, hopefully not later. 

So enjoy Sun Salamence while it lasts! Or play Memeforms, coming very soon. Sun Salamence lives on there, where everything is more extreme.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/8/2019 at 3:15 PM, BlueTowel said:

In Reborn, the Mega Evolution forms are in the PokemonMultipleForms script, later in the file than the Alolan Forms and other form changes. It's fairly simple to change them from there.

I'm not sure if later Essentials versions have them somewhere else, since I'm to understand Ame and her team added 6th and 7th gen changes independently of the Essentials project and may have done it differently.

Also dropping this bombshell early: Sun Salamence is gonna be going. I had to give it a quick nerf already because Solar Power made it pretty much unstoppable. I've tried to find ways to make it interesting and unique, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to make it anything more than Better (Alt) Charizard or Better Turtonator. The concept and design isn't working so well. The good news is that there's a new Alternate Form for the Salamence line coming in the next version, which will be v0.6 and is a while away - probably in time for Christmas, maybe earlier, hopefully not later. 

So enjoy Sun Salamence while it lasts! Or play Memeforms, coming very soon. Sun Salamence lives on there, where everything is more extreme.

wait............ memeforms? as in alternate form x memeborn? 😮

• 2 weeks later...

smething i forgot to mention is when clicking on one of the links to go to the "relevant post" for the specific generations it just brings it to a page that dont have any details regarding the forms and other stuff related to them not sure why >.> (for example clicking the gen3/gen4 link brings me to page 4 but has no specific details shown for the pokemon in question)

Does anyone else find it odd that although Rapidash learns lots of fire attacks and lots of kicking attacks, it can't learn Blaze Kick?

17 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

smething i forgot to mention is when clicking on one of the links to go to the "relevant post" for the specific generations it just brings it to a page that dont have any details regarding the forms and other stuff related to them not sure why >.> (for example clicking the gen3/gen4 link brings me to page 4 but has no specific details shown for the pokemon in question)

They're near the bottom of the page.

edit: On another note, I tried to evolve a Koffing into an Engine Weezing, but cancelled it when I realized that I wanted to wait for Destiny Bond. The Iron Plate disappeared anyway, Koffing didn't learn Explosion or Destiny Bond by leveling up, and when I put another iron plate on it and evolved it again it became a normal Weezing and consumed the other plate too.

update: I leveled up my other Koffing normally, and it did attempt to learn Explosion and Destiny Bond at the appropriate levels. Evolving it with the Iron Plate also consumed the plate to no effect.

update 2: Breeding for an Engine Koffing produced an egg with the right appearance, which then hatched into a normal Koffing. Again, plate was consumed.

Edited by Urist_Imiknorris
  • Thanks 2

• Veterans
On 9/20/2019 at 12:06 PM, ArcBolt27 said:

On 9/20/2019 at 3:45 PM, Urist_Imiknorris said:

They're near the bottom of the page.

The links should be directing you to the appropriate post, where the information is in spoilers in order of generation. I had a lot of trouble getting the links to work consistently before, but I thought I'd fixed it. Are they still playing up for some folks? 

Does anyone else find it odd that although Rapidash learns lots of fire attacks and lots of kicking attacks, it can't learn Blaze Kick?

Kinda! I think Blaze Kick is supposed to be a martial arts kick. All the Pokémon that learn it are also martial arts themed Fighting types.

edit: On another note, I tried to evolve a Koffing into an Engine Weezing, but cancelled it when I realized that I wanted to wait for Destiny Bond. The Iron Plate disappeared anyway, Koffing didn't learn Explosion or Destiny Bond by leveling up, and when I put another iron plate on it and evolved it again it became a normal Weezing and consumed the other plate too.

update: I leveled up my other Koffing normally, and it did attempt to learn Explosion and Destiny Bond at the appropriate levels. Evolving it with the Iron Plate also consumed the plate to no effect.

update 2: Breeding for an Engine Koffing produced an egg with the right appearance, which then hatched into a normal Koffing. Again, plate was consumed.

Oops! I set Engine Koffing and Weezing to form 2 in one script to leave room for a future alternate form, but left it as form 1 in the breeding and evolution scripts. I fixed a few more bugs recently but I forgot to note them down, so I'll finish up the coding I've been working on (full species line forms and a few new ones) over the week and try to put out a v0.5.12 around next weekend.

Edit: I haven't had a recent try at fixing Plate evolution to only consume the Plate after completing the evolution process - I had a try at it back in v0.2 or v0.3 and couldn't find a clean way to change it - but I've gained a little more experience since then, so I'll see if I can get it to work properly for v0.6. 

Edit 2: This means that Sun Salamence will no longer be available from v0.5.12, as the replacement is one of the new forms part-coded that I'll finish before uploading a new version. I won't spoil what the new forms are until posting the update, though. 

Edited by BlueTowel
  • Like 4

• Veterans

Quick status update:

Not having as much PC time lately due to work, so it may be another week or two before I can finish part-coded forms and release a v0.5.12. I had a go at doing a quick bugfix with an older version, but I don't have an old version copy of the PBS (which I've been editing for v0.6), which is stopping it from compiling in RMXP. So I guess Engine Koffing + Weezing won't entirely work properly for now.

For a workaround: If you use debug you can set the form to 2 and it'll work mostly correctly - it will be able to use some moves it shouldn't have access to, and you'll have to set it again after evolution.

With sandbox mode you should be able to get an Engine Weezing from the Pokémon generating NPC.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans

Hi! Not a new version yet, but it's been a few weeks and I felt I should really give you guys an update so as to assuage any worries that this project is dying. 

Work has been pretty constant and I'm not really getting any time to myself. That's about it. Updates will probably be much slower for a while, but I have an idea of what I want this mod to be like when it's done. I'd hoped to get out v0.5.12 by the end of the month, and v0.6 by mid/late-December, but I don't think that's a realistic timeline as things are right now. 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:19 PM, Urist_Imiknorris said:

Bug report: Icicle Abra evolved into a regular Kadabra.

edit: If I wanted to make Mega Pixie Absol's ability Super Luck, how would I go about doing that?

That bug is fixed for the next version at least! I think I may have caught that one in the bug fixes I made without noting down what they were... 

You'd need the PBS files for Alt Forms and RMXP/Gemini to edit the MultipleForms script where Mega Pixie Absol lives and recompile the game with the changes. I'll post those with v0.5.12, since it's incomplete right now and will bug out the games a bit without the rest of the changes and I haven't been keeping copies of older Alt Forms versions' PBS. 

• Veterans
13 hours ago, metalthrasher11 said:

I have absolutely no idea how to do the Vanhaven puzzle regarding Bad Eevee. I know it has something to do with the audio ques and the wall crack growing larger, but I can't discern any pattern.

You're not the only one having difficulty! I keep hearing about people having trouble... So I'll redo it a bit in v0.6 to make it more intuitive. Until then, how about some guidance? 

The aim is to find the correct sequence of door + corridor combinations.

It's key to note that: 

- The corridors loop back around if you continue running all the way left or right.

- The corridors have a colour + plastic potted plant association.

- The corridors go blue-aqua-green-yellow-red-pink-purple-black-purple-pink-red-yellow-green-aqua-blue.

- The corridors reverse when you go through a door, correct sequence or not.

- You can change corridors going left or right without affecting the door sequence.

- Once the sequence is completed, an arrow will appear in the floor tiles that points the way to go next.

It is also important to remember what you are chasing after.

• Veterans
11 hours ago, metalthrasher11 said:

Yes, but while I was doing it, one of the rooms suddenly turned dark and the recovery sound effect played, that completely confused me. Not to mention if there was a tile there, I couldn't find it, causing me to leave the area in frustration. Did I possibly break the sequence?

I don't think the sequence is broken. I think you entered the black corridor! That is the sound of success! 

The cracks and arrow looks like this when done:

LabyrinthFloors1.png.0bdc722e8280622f2acf46c26ae95ed7.png

LabyrinthFloors2.png.2495c7be085cbf2f16dc509f63fd199a.png

And, of course, exist reversed in the opposite direction.

Well, went back to the castle at the same location, and I am now in a new corridor with a locked door that looks like a set of shutters that won't open or has any discernible switches to unlock it. Going the opposite way I entered simply takes me back out of the castle. Did I break the coding by exiting the castle the first time when I couldn't figure out the puzzle?

Edit, disregard things, I didn't realize it wasn't the same exit as normal

Edited by metalthrasher11
  • Like 1