Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

Thanks for the mod! I'm trying a mono steel altform run and having quite some fun so far.  Some mons feels a bit overpowered (alt-form chesnaught is a ferrothorn you can get before Shade, and alt-form dusclops is a budget aegislash also obtainable before Shade, for example), but overall it's a pretty fun challenge.

A bug report: at Terra's glitch world, after fighting against Red and the Rhybombee, when I get to pick a choice of four eggs, choosing the FAIRY option leads to a bug report screen and causes the game to crash. I didn't remember to save the error screen, but I remember it's something like a bad egg.

I also tried the ROCK option and got a Riperior without any bug.

Another question: what's the condition needed to evolve defossilized altforms? I see in the altdex that I need to be in a particular map region but don't really understand what it is.

Edited by qorder

• Veterans
7 minutes ago, qorder said:

Thanks for the mod! I'm trying a mono steel altform run and having quite some fun so far.  Some mons feels a bit overpowered (alt-form chesnaught is a ferrothorn you can get before Shade, and alt-form dusclops is like a more defensive aegislash also obtainable before Shade, for example), but overall it's a pretty fun challenge.

A bug report: at Terra's glitch world, after fighting against Red and the Rhybombee, when I get to pick a choice of four eggs, choosing the FAIRY option leads to a bug report screen and causes the game to crash. I didn't remember to save the error screen, but I remember it's something like a bad egg.

I also tried the ROCK option and got a Riperior without any bug.

Another question: what's the condition needed to evolve defossilized altforms? I see in the altdex that I need to be in a particular map region but don't really understand what it is.

Hey! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Starter altforms being a bit overpowered is a-okay, after all vanilla Blaziken can almost solo the entire game. @_@

I can make alt Dusclops a little later in Ep1 using the maps maybe. Definitely going to balance up their availability then! 

Related to maps, the defossilisation works in maps that have a lot of Unown! The lower Grand Stairway floors and Citae Astrae. I wonder why that would be...

Bug report-wise, thanks for the bug report! That's not a bug though! It's a feature! I'll note down to make it clearer with the error message given!

Another bug report: after cursola uses burning jealousy on my weezing this error happens. The battle continues as normal, but presumably something went wrong in the way the game determines if burning jealousy causes burn.

Capture.PNG

Edited by qorder

• Veterans
1 hour ago, qorder said:

Another bug report: after cursola uses burning jealousy on my weezing this error happens. The battle continues as normal, but presumably something went wrong in the way the game determines if burning jealousy causes burn.

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the bug report! Simple fix, will update at the weekend with any other bug fixes. :)

2 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Hey! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Starter altforms being a bit overpowered is a-okay, after all vanilla Blaziken can almost solo the entire game. @_@

I can make alt Dusclops a little later in Ep1 using the maps maybe. Definitely going to balance up their availability then! 

Related to maps, the defossilisation works in maps that have a lot of Unown! The lower Grand Stairway floors and Citae Astrae. I wonder why that would be...

Bug report-wise, thanks for the bug report! That's not a bug though! It's a feature! I'll note down to make it clearer with the error message given!

Thanks for the prompt reply! Actually I feel like putting alt-form Dusclops at its current position is fine-it's not such a dominant pokemon other than its excellent typing, since it's rather slow and passive. It's probably a mon that's (like Cradily) more dominant in monotype than in general gameplay.

(You know what's a dominant mon? Alt-form blastoise. I used the moveset of shell smash, hydro pump, flash cannon and aura sphere, and it swept through Serra, Ciel, among other fights. It's available after Aya, and it's got a much better defensive typing, speed and overall stat than other shell smash sweepers. Considering that shellder isn't available until Celestinine Mountain, I'd put the nerf hammer on squirtle first... if you're inclined to use the nerf hammer)

So the crash-to-desktop thing is actually intended haha. I thought it'd be weird to offer some fairy-type egg in glitch field.

One other question: are there move tutors for Gen-8 moves like scorching sands in-game?

Edited by qorder

• Veterans
16 hours ago, qorder said:

One other question: are there move tutors for Gen-8 moves like scorching sands in-game?

Some! Expanding Force, Terrain Pulse, Burning Jealousy, Lash Out and Coaching are available at the end of the sidestory (Totems sidequest).

All of them will be available, and most earlier, in PoA Ep1.

Couldn't find any info in the thread, so asking now.

How do i evolve Galarian Slowpoke here?

that and where do i find the alcremie sweets they aren't in the candy store

• Veterans
12 hours ago, Katernin said:

Couldn't find any info in the thread, so asking now.

How do i evolve Galarian Slowpoke here?

that and where do i find the alcremie sweets they aren't in the candy store

Hi! Galarian Slowpoke evolves with the Galarica Cuff and the Galarica Wreath items. The Wreath is available at the end of the sidestory and at the 11th floor of the Department Store. The Cuff is also available on the 11th floor of the Department Store, and one is available on the ground in the world ... somewhere. I don't seem to have noted down where and I don't remember where I put it. :'D

EDIT: The Galarica Cuff is in Adrienn's gym in Coral Ward after Restoration! :D 

The Alcremie Sweets are available from the Sweet Kiss Candy Store after Restoration, as well as two being available on the ground in the world, one which I've just realised isn't accessible until after Restoration anyway and I'm going to note down to fix that with the other bugs at the weekend, and the other... I also don't remember where I put it and don't seem to have noted it down. :'D I'm so sorry! 

12 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

The Alcremie Sweets are available from the Sweet Kiss Candy Store after Restoration, as well as two being available on the ground in the world, one which I've just realised isn't accessible until after Restoration anyway and I'm going to note down to fix that with the other bugs at the weekend, and the other... I also don't remember where I put it and don't seem to have noted it down. :'D I'm so sorry! 

Thanks!

One last question; how do i get a Hoennian Obstagoon? Didn't find anything about it on the wiki, and it hasn't been asked here before either.

• Veterans
17 hours ago, Katernin said:

Thanks!

One last question; how do i get a Hoennian Obstagoon? Didn't find anything about it on the wiki, and it hasn't been asked here before either.

It's Trade (so Link Stone) + hold Razor Claw :)

• Veterans

Hi! Some more bug fixes!

• Tweaked a Totem that misses moves a lot!
  • Made the Bad EGG event crash messages clearer
  • Flower Sweet in Isolated Farm now accessible on arrival and not after getting Surf
  • More Sweets in Isolated Farm
  • Burning Jealousy error message fixed

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 621 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1liQK9E2GGUlRfJobI24IJSPdfYFO8j1b/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 161.1 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WEmtMrxIhMXdmKDHeaLLL5JvqdegihQp/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

Bugreport: Attempting to breed Mr. Rime, regardless of whether with incense or not, causes a Mr. Rime egg to be generated.

Unsure if this also applies to Sirfetch'd or not.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:43 AM, BlueTowel said:

Hi! Galarian Slowpoke evolves with the Galarica Cuff and the Galarica Wreath items. The Wreath is available at the end of the sidestory and at the 11th floor of the Department Store. The Cuff is also available on the 11th floor of the Department Store, and one is available on the ground in the world ... somewhere. I don't seem to have noted down where and I don't remember where I put it. :'D

EDIT: The Galarica Cuff is in Adrienn's gym in Coral Ward after Restoration! :D 

How, exactly? Tried using it as an item, but didn't work. Tried levelling up while holding it, also didn't work.

Tried using a Link Stone while holding the item, didn't work.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:46 PM, BlueTowel said:

For the debug scripts, put them in a folder like /Pokemon Reborn/Data/Mods/

Hey its me again lol, it won't work just to be clear i put both of the scripts in. i just wanted to ask if there are other files that go w/ these debug scripts because when i downloaded debug in normal reborn it had a lot more files (maps, dat, etc). if not then how do i trouble shoot this issue. i really want Dragapult but am here during the agate circus arc. Thanks a bunch!

• Veterans

Hi! Bugfixes!! :D 

• Breeding Mr. Rime and Sirfetch'd should now result in the appropriate eggs!
  • Galarica Cuff and Galarica Wreath should now correctly work like evolution stones!

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 621 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SRXlYd1Hx0UAAdWDx6upEQErpNew3l_O/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 161.1 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dlP9seV0uvWSQGFxY6vN7BvLj4qacW9V/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

You'll also need a new copy of the PBS if you've been using them!

On 1/8/2022 at 9:50 PM, Katernin said:

Bugreport: Attempting to breed Mr. Rime, regardless of whether with incense or not, causes a Mr. Rime egg to be generated.

Unsure if this also applies to Sirfetch'd or not.

14 hours ago, Katernin said:

How, exactly? Tried using it as an item, but didn't work. Tried levelling up while holding it, also didn't work.

Tried using a Link Stone while holding the item, didn't work.

Thanks for the bug reports! Both are now fixed! :D

On 1/11/2022 at 6:28 AM, TrainGhidoran said:

Well I got an awesome idea for new Forms:

Cyrillic Unown!!

That would bei awesome :D

Oh my goodness! That would be a lot of new sprites! 

• Veterans
8 minutes ago, OrangeOrb said:

Hey its me again lol, it won't work just to be clear i put both of the scripts in. i just wanted to ask if there are other files that go w/ these debug scripts because when i downloaded debug in normal reborn it had a lot more files (maps, dat, etc). if not then how do i trouble shoot this issue. i really want Dragapult but am here during the agate circus arc. Thanks a bunch!

Hey! Did you enable them in the Options? There's an option in Options for adding the option for debug on Pokemon, Menu or both! 

It should just require putting the AddOpt and AddOpt_DebugMenu files in /Data/Mods/ for the Options options to appear!

50 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

Hey! Did you enable them in the Options? There's an option in Options for adding the option for debug on Pokemon, Menu or both! 

It should just require putting the AddOpt and AddOpt_DebugMenu files in /Data/Mods/ for the Options options to appear!

THANKS A LOT DUDE! i was genuinely scared i had messed up my game somehow

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Katernin said:

How do i get to the 

Hide contents

Flame Shrine?

I've obtained the Ivory Key, and can get to the other 3 shrines, but can't get to the that one.

You need to...

Spoiler

Wrap yourself in Fire-type energy!

Do this by having a team of 6 Fire-type Pokémon at level 90 or higher and a Flame Plate in your inventory!

2 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

You need to...

Reveal hidden contents

Wrap yourself in Fire-type energy!

Do this by having a team of 6 Fire-type Pokémon at level 90 or higher and a Flame Plate in your inventory!

lol nice, ok

also just something i've noticed, the starter eggs sidequest doesn't accept any of the gen 8 starters

• Veterans
On 1/16/2022 at 1:12 AM, Katernin said:

lol nice, ok

also just something i've noticed, the starter eggs sidequest doesn't accept any of the gen 8 starters

Thanks! I've noted that down to fix if any more serious bugs come up, otherwise Ep1!

16 hours ago, Nilso said:

I might have missed the post while reading through the thread so far, but has this been made compatible with the Sandbox Mode Mod yet?

Hi! I'm afraid Sandbox Mode Mod would have to be made compatible with this, and I don't have time to do it myself. Debug allows for the same results, though! 

1 hour ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! I'm afraid Sandbox Mode Mod would have to be made compatible with this, and I don't have time to do it myself. Debug allows for the same results, though! 

My mistake, thanks for answering.