Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

Been enjoying the mod a ton so far, lots of neat things and while I haven't used a whole ton of the altforms so far because I'm paranoid about limited plates, the ones I have used are real neato.

That said however, I'm breeding out Vees right now and I wanted to ask, how are the stats ordered in the Makeshift Altdex? I don't actually have any clue which numbers correspond to which stat, and in addition for other pokemon, does a lack of listed stats mean they're the same as the originals? Just wanna make sure I have proper natures for the vees and stuff.

• Veterans

Hi! Another bugfix update, but also some tweaks!

• Fixed some tiles in The Under Ruins that could be walked on but shouldn't
  • Fixed some tiles in The Under Ruins that couldn't be walked on but should
  • Making Charcoal rubbings no longer uses up a whole piece of Charcoal
  • Fixed a typo on the Abandoned Mine lift puzzle
  • Removed all of the turnback tiles from Obscure Ocean maps
  • Fixed the bug that made all wild Pokémon shiny. Look for a new wild shiny Roggenrola in Southeast Undernet to fix it, or turn off switch 0261 manually.
  • Weather in new areas should be more suitable now
  • Silvally's Multi-Attack with a Null Memory should now deal ???-type damage, although the UI does not update to display this.
  • A few of the Totem Pokémon should no longer feel like they die when defeated, I'm sorry for the heartache in the jungle. The rest will be tweaked at a later date.
  • Fern's friends are no longer in detention until the end of time.
  • The mysterious singing ghost in The Under Ruins is now more ghost and more singing.
  • Defeating Solaris at Mt Pyrous now enables access to something at the end of the Ep0 sidestory that used to be only for people who reloaded their save at the right time or did the thing (you know the thing if you did the thing).

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 620.9 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xpk3LoRZ3e3rcLl3FYHf3Yao-tmRpP8O/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 160.9 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MaCpbMhHzcVyR06H7WgAi3uE2qLhefZB/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

10 hours ago, MrShadowWolf said:

Been enjoying the mod a ton so far, lots of neat things and while I haven't used a whole ton of the altforms so far because I'm paranoid about limited plates, the ones I have used are real neato.

That said however, I'm breeding out Vees right now and I wanted to ask, how are the stats ordered in the Makeshift Altdex? I don't actually have any clue which numbers correspond to which stat, and in addition for other pokemon, does a lack of listed stats mean they're the same as the originals? Just wanna make sure I have proper natures for the vees and stuff.

Glad you're enjoying it! :D You can get a lot of Plates from mining! Plus the Platers handing them out! There's no infinite mining yet but you should get plenty to play with midgame. :D

The stat order in the code is HP, Atk, Def, Speed, SpAtk, SpDef.

If no change is listed in the entry, then it uses the same as the base species.

• Thanks 1

Glad you're enjoying it! :D You can get a lot of Plates from mining! Plus the Platers handing them out! There's no infinite mining yet but you should get plenty to play with midgame. :D

The stat order in the code is HP, Atk, Def, Speed, SpAtk, SpDef.

If no change is listed in the entry, then it uses the same as the base species.

Yep, I figured it was mainly plates from mining right now. I haven't been zooming through them all cuz I only just got access to purchasable Blast Powder myself again and I've been trying to focus a little on the fossils. Was kind of hoping for a slightly easier method of getting plates but it's a very small thing. Thank you very kindly for the very neat mod, makes Reborn a little more fresh and opens up quite a lot of new options.

And nice to know the stat order and it's quite surprising some of these changes to Eeveelutions, super interesting. I'm super excited for my soon to be Physical Sweeper Glaceon.

On a side note, I'm not sure if this is intended or not but I've noticed that the Floral Vulpixes in Secluded Jungle occasionally show up with Drought/Flash Fire and I believe they're not supposed to(?) I'm not entirely sure. In addition,

Spoiler

My Prankster Meowstic wasn't able to use Screens against Taka's Alt Wigglytuff, is that because it carried Dazzling or is that an unintended thing? Based on the wiki, it's not supposed to carry Dazzling but I'm not sure if that was changed and the wiki hasn't been updated to reflect that. I do know the wiki hasn't been updated much though, so it's not really a major thing, it just caught me very off guard.

Aside from all that though, keep up the good work. I'm super eager to see the next major update to this mod.

• Veterans
17 hours ago, MrShadowWolf said:

Yep, I figured it was mainly plates from mining right now. I haven't been zooming through them all cuz I only just got access to purchasable Blast Powder myself again and I've been trying to focus a little on the fossils. Was kind of hoping for a slightly easier method of getting plates but it's a very small thing. Thank you very kindly for the very neat mod, makes Reborn a little more fresh and opens up quite a lot of new options.

And nice to know the stat order and it's quite surprising some of these changes to Eeveelutions, super interesting. I'm super excited for my soon to be Physical Sweeper Glaceon.

On a side note, I'm not sure if this is intended or not but I've noticed that the Floral Vulpixes in Secluded Jungle occasionally show up with Drought/Flash Fire and I believe they're not supposed to(?) I'm not entirely sure. In addition,

Reveal hidden contents

My Prankster Meowstic wasn't able to use Screens against Taka's Alt Wigglytuff, is that because it carried Dazzling or is that an unintended thing? Based on the wiki, it's not supposed to carry Dazzling but I'm not sure if that was changed and the wiki hasn't been updated to reflect that. I do know the wiki hasn't been updated much though, so it's not really a major thing, it just caught me very off guard.

Aside from all that though, keep up the good work. I'm super eager to see the next major update to this mod.

It occurs to me that I did add an area that could justifiably have respawning mining stones in, but it would be at the end of the current game anyway. :'3

Definitely adding a few before then in Ep1.

You can get guaranteed Plates from the Plater battles throughout the game, at least.

Bug-wise, I can't find what's causing that bug with Vulpix forms. It seems to be in normal Reborn too, it inspired the Hybrid Vulpix form. It only seems to affect that line! And I can't find why! hahaha! It's terrific. Of course, more hybrid Vulpix to come thanks to this...

For the other one, I think I'll see if that happens in Ep1 as well. I'd like to focus on other things, and I think I may have caught all of the gamebreaking bugs now? 

I am super looking forward to the next major update to this mod too. Reborn e19 and Legends Arceus are undoubtedly going to explode my mind with more ideas to merge with the previous creative brainstorms!

• Like 2

• Veterans
Just now, Battlesaw said:

it says that im offline on drive and to download it instead, but when i click download it says it can't check if it has viruses, is this suppose to happen?

Hi! Yes, the file is too big for google drive to scan it for viruses itself. Your computer should be fine to do so once it's downloaded!

Hi ,

I have a few newbie questions 

1. Does the pokedex get updated with new gen 8 mons or is it like unbound where you get the mons but the pokedex is not updated

2. In the faq you have said that we can have a vanilla gen 8 experience by talking to a NPC , can you still play the quests of episode 0 and if we can what Pokemons do the trainers of the quest use alt plate forms or vanila Pokemons ?

Thanks for all your effort in creating the mod , Can't wait to restart the game in EP19 and play with this mod .

• Veterans
1 hour ago, d3vil said:

Hi ,

I have a few newbie questions 

1. Does the pokedex get updated with new gen 8 mons or is it like unbound where you get the mons but the pokedex is not updated

2. In the faq you have said that we can have a vanilla gen 8 experience by talking to a NPC , can you still play the quests of episode 0 and if we can what Pokemons do the trainers of the quest use alt plate forms or vanila Pokemons ?

Thanks for all your effort in creating the mod , Can't wait to restart the game in EP19 and play with this mod .

Hi!

1. Yes, the Pokédex is also updated with gen 8 mons!

2. With the altforms and plate mechanics disabled, you still have access to the new sidequests, and most of the new trainers uses normal Pokémon. Two sidequests still feature alternate form Pokémon on enemy teams, though!

And I feel I should elaborate on the plans for this when Reborn Episode 19 comes! 

This version of the mod will not at all be compatible with Pokémon Reborn, Episode 19 when it comes out.

When Pokémon Reborn, Episode 19 does come out, I will not be immediately updating this mod out of respect for the game and its creators, to reduce confusion over Episode 19's content and to give people a chance to enjoy a clean experience of Episode 19.

So Plates of Arceus, Episode 1 will come out at least a few months after Reborn Episode 19.

The hypothetical release of Reborn E19 is in Spring 2022, so the hypothetical release of an E19 version of Plates of Arceus would be late Summer 2022 with PoA Episode 1.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi!

1. Yes, the Pokédex is also updated with gen 8 mons!

2. With the altforms and plate mechanics disabled, you still have access to the new sidequests, and most of the new trainers uses normal Pokémon. Two sidequests still feature alternate form Pokémon on enemy teams, though!

And I feel I should elaborate on the plans for this when Reborn Episode 19 comes! 

This version of the mod will not at all be compatible with Pokémon Reborn, Episode 19 when it comes out.

When Pokémon Reborn, Episode 19 does come out, I will not be immediately updating this mod out of respect for the game and its creators, to reduce confusion over Episode 19's content and to give people a chance to enjoy a clean experience of Episode 19.

So Plates of Arceus, Episode 1 will come out at least a few months after Reborn Episode 19.

The hypothetical release of Reborn E19 is in Spring 2022, so the hypothetical release of an E19 version of Plates of Arceus would be late Summer 2022 with PoA Episode 1.

If you've got any concepts for alt-forms that you'd specifically want to be in Episode 1 for story or other reasons, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Also, if you let me know which (if any) of my sprites you think you'll be using in Episode 1 or earlier, I'll try and get shinies finished for them.

I have to say I'm having a blast playing this game as a fresh experience. 

I'm a big fan of the "plate trader" to get ones you're struggling to find. But now that I've gotten to the point where I'm able to mine, it's a little easier. Currently using the modified Blaziken, Swalot, and Granbull and I can't get enough of this. 

Thanks! 

• Veterans
15 hours ago, 0ris said:

If you've got any concepts for alt-forms that you'd specifically want to be in Episode 1 for story or other reasons, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Also, if you let me know which (if any) of my sprites you think you'll be using in Episode 1 or earlier, I'll try and get shinies finished for them.

Hey :) I'm planning on including your Sigilyph and Boltund for sure! As for others, I'm still finalising the new altforms for the next episode. Waiting until after e19 and Legends Arceus to decide! Help would definitely be appreciated!

8 hours ago, Juice said:

I have to say I'm having a blast playing this game as a fresh experience. 

I'm a big fan of the "plate trader" to get ones you're struggling to find. But now that I've gotten to the point where I'm able to mine, it's a little easier. Currently using the modified Blaziken, Swalot, and Granbull and I can't get enough of this. 

Thanks! 

I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D 

• Veterans
12 hours ago, Katernin said:

Hey, got a question. I'm wondering if any of the alt form pokémon have data ingame for Wild Held Items?

I'm really enjoying the mod so far though :3

Hey! The Wild Held Items are the same between forms for most of them! The Pyrous Geodude line can have Fire Gems on them, though! I've been waiting for e19 to work on that aspect some more.

Glad you're enjoying it!:D

8 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Hey! The Wild Held Items are the same between forms for most of them! The Pyrous Geodude line can have Fire Gems on them, though! I've been waiting for e19 to work on that aspect some more.

Glad you're enjoying it!:D

Thanks, was wondering something about wild Flying Jigglypuff.

• Veterans
13 hours ago, d3vil said:

I don't know anything about scripting but for the dragon darts bug maybe Marcello can help , I think he coded that for rejuvenation .

Thanks! I think I'm going to wait for Ep1 to polish the Gen 8 implementation due to script changes between e18 and e19.

1 hour ago, Katernin said:

also uhm

i want the yamper

how do i get doggo

You need to find the owner and talk to them! They're in the Mart!

hey so where do i start the monster house side quest is there a guide for this set of side quests (starting from new reborn). oh yes and where to put the debug menu script? thanks

Edited by OrangeOrb

Seem to have gotten locked at Totem Claydol. 

I can't interact with him from any direction but the north. I'm able to interact, the Claydol animates, the music comes on....but the battle never starts. 

okay, a game restart worked, but that was weird. 

• Veterans
11 hours ago, OrangeOrb said:

hey so where do i start the monster house side quest is there a guide for this set of side quests (starting from new reborn). oh yes and where to put the debug menu script? thanks

Hey! The Monster House sidequest starts from Onyx Trainer's School after defeating the gym leader there!

For the debug scripts, put them in a folder like /Pokemon Reborn/Data/Mods/

You may need to create a Mods folder yourself

For the sidequests, there's a little summary on the wiki and there are pages that help with each one but no formal sidequest guides.

• Leaving the train station in the opening scene, the ticket vendor whispers a cryptic message to meet someone under a bridge and a pass phrase to use. Someone who will teach you about the Plates of Arceus as your journey unfolds.
  • A new rival awaits the player in Sweet Kiss Candy Shop in Obsidia Ward. (Must start before Agate Circus)
  • Wild Pokémon are forming teams underground and causing problems for those living nearby. (Monster Houses)
  • And a group of elite Pokémon Trainers are excavating in secret a buried shrine.

For the Monster Houses, see https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/Monster_House_Hunt

3 hours ago, Juice said:

Seem to have gotten locked at Totem Claydol. 

I can't interact with him from any direction but the north. I'm able to interact, the Claydol animates, the music comes on....but the battle never starts. 

okay, a game restart worked, but that was weird. 

Thanks for the bug report! That is odd. I need to fix that one for something else so I'll make sure to try to replicate that issue!

• Veterans

Hi! Small bugfix patch for a crash and softlocks.

• Crashing Magikarp encounter in Obscure Oceanfloor
  • Softlock caused by approaching the Totem in Rock PokéSpot from the north
  • Accidentally extra gold key fragments from a couple of Totems if you'd already beaten them before patching
  • Also removed the turnback tiles from Rock and Oasis PokéSpots

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 621 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14unROp1RI7WhDWSECt2nA2SZxRMPEHjy/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 161.1 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18wCbJmbHhnTmbm4iBOUogZ1MwYWmY-PP/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

• Like 1

Hi,

What would I have to copy over to make this work on 18.2? I want/need this to work on my phone, and 18.4.1 doesn't work on JoiPlay's RPG Maker plugin. I tried copying over the Data folder but that resulted in a crash too. What should I do?

• Veterans
40 minutes ago, Lushan said:

Hi,

What would I have to copy over to make this work on 18.2? I want/need this to work on my phone, and 18.4.1 doesn't work on JoiPlay's RPG Maker plugin. I tried copying over the Data folder but that resulted in a crash too. What should I do?

Hi! I've been told that you can just run Plates of Arceus out of the box with Joiplay without the plugin as long as Joiplay is updated to the latest version! Best of luck!