Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

22 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

I really don't know where these errors came from, I just have to re-save them to fix them.
Here's the fixed file for that.
455b_1.png.e0246a811df163694f7b14c43d358ef0.png

Thanks! It seems that the same thing is happening to Firecracker!Sunflora. And it seems that badly poisoning doesn't happen anymore, not from Poison Fang, two rows of toxic spikes nor Toxic.

• Veterans
17 hours ago, TrainGhidoran said:

Should stone unfezant be Normal/Flying?

Yes! Thanks for the bug report, it is now fixed in the downloads.

16 hours ago, kithas said:

Thanks! It seems that the same thing is happening to Firecracker!Sunflora. And it seems that badly poisoning doesn't happen anymore, not from Poison Fang, two rows of toxic spikes nor Toxic.

Thanks for the bug reports! I've fixed these too! 

I've also fixed that Monthelm will not take No for an answer after giving you the Mining Kit.

Here's the relevant files if you don't want to download the whole patch again!

Put the Map and Scripts files into your /Data/ directories, and the Sunfloras into /Graphics/Battlers/

Map188.rxdata192_1.png.4591a557888adff27c21aa1082a33e8c.pngScripts.rxdata192b_1.png.2f49b95b24c1f2dc4fa799e3cbdc9bdf.png

• Like 3

I really like the additions for the most part. The fights are challenging and interesting and really help speed along the main game.

As an a small bit of critique, I wish the monster houses and entrances to these dungeons weren't so hard to find. It makes missing them super easy, and then you go and clear them later and you're way outleveled.

Also, Gaston seems to trap you in an infinite loop of dialogue after you beat him/enter through his entrance.

• Veterans
27 minutes ago, Katabatic said:

I really like the additions for the most part. The fights are challenging and interesting and really help speed along the main game.

As an a small bit of critique, I wish the monster houses and entrances to these dungeons weren't so hard to find. It makes missing them super easy, and then you go and clear them later and you're way outleveled.

Also, Gaston seems to trap you in an infinite loop of dialogue after you beat him/enter through his entrance.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'll definitely take this feedback on board for Episode 1. I'll likely revisit the added maps some more to make them play better! 

Can I ask when you last downloaded Episode 0? I fixed a bug with Gaston a few days ago but I have been stealth-updating the downloads. 

I'll have to start updating the thread with version numbers again. :'3

Are you interested in taking more sprites at the moment? I've done some work on a few of my own and if you want to use them, go ahead.

Bug/Steel Kricketune, as the example. I also have Lapras, Ralts line, Nosepass line with a bonus Mega Probopass, Crustle line, variant Sigilyph, Bounsweet line, alternate Silvally, alternate Mimikyu, and alternate Boltund. I have suggested stats and abilities for each, if you don't feel like coming up with your own for any of them.

402_1.png.8b28faf48704595499810b7b72a58d04.png402b_1.png.25ef2c307f5d117474de298573baf961.png

• Like 1

• Veterans
On 11/8/2021 at 1:51 PM, Katabatic said:

Like 2-3 days ago?

I hotfixed Gaston's issue myself by switching his event from autoplay to player trigger.

Thanks! I confirmed this bug is still present. I'll release a patch update over the weekend to fix this and a bunch of other bugs!

14 hours ago, 0ris said:

Are you interested in taking more sprites at the moment? I've done some work on a few of my own and if you want to use them, go ahead.

Bug/Steel Kricketune, as the example. I also have Lapras, Ralts line, Nosepass line with a bonus Mega Probopass, Crustle line, variant Sigilyph, Bounsweet line, alternate Silvally, alternate Mimikyu, and alternate Boltund. I have suggested stats and abilities for each, if you don't feel like coming up with your own for any of them.

402_1.png.8b28faf48704595499810b7b72a58d04.png402b_1.png.25ef2c307f5d117474de298573baf961.png

That's a cool sprite! Thanks! I'd be interested to see what you have, though I'm not sure I could use all of them. Feel free to DM me! I'm on Discord a lot too.

2 hours ago, kithas said:

I'm having trouble winning the plater battle in the Beryl Bridge as it just gives me this message afterwards:

Reveal hidden contents

imagen.png.9641da3245c3ff3e475751bef94c49a9.png

I believe this bug is fixed in a previous stealth-update. I'll release a new version over the weekend with a bunch of bugfixes and make sure to mark that it's been updated.

• Like 1

So I was playing around with a concept I've always wanted to do while I familiarized myself with the tools in GIMP. I don't like the way it turned out, it doesn't look like it belongs in the game to me and I'm not sure this one is gonna look good if I simplify it enough to fit. Thought the concept would be fun to share though, I always have liked electrode somehow despite not liking the way it looks if that makes any sense.

Electric/Ghost Electrode? Gives me Ghastly vibes. Maybe a salvageable idea if I get a little better at it.

101s.png

101sb.png

• Like 2

I guess you're talking about a plasma ball Electrode like the image. If so, I think it couldbe fun bc I don't think there's any plasma ball pokémon yet (the closest would be Rotom) and they look enough sci-fi/fantasy-ish so they could fit very well

Spoiler

Plasma ball-- 0.2 seconds exposure [OC] [5184x3456 ...

Yea the problem is I need to draw it myself rather than using the tools to down sample an image, but playing with the tools was the goal I had in mind, and I don't think I'm very good at drawing electricity. It's probably pretty hard to make it look good drawn in the style that pokemon games do electricity anyway, but maybe something more stylized could work.

• Veterans

Hi! I've updated with a bunch of bugfixes. 

Things like shiny eggs crashing the game, Sula and Gaston turning victory into defeat with crashes and softlocks, and a few other things like that.

I've also added a Plate Trader!

Find them in Opal Ward, Agate Circus, Calcenon City and Neo Opal Ward to trade Plates one-for-one!

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 617.6 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRQLLvaJUsoGmIXS8cgO0eM8XxmW0i10/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 157.6 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fg_4cE_BCCL7Qps_tMWLCr4CanQKi-j6/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

On 11/13/2021 at 3:08 PM, Nixilos said:

So I was playing around with a concept I've always wanted to do while I familiarized myself with the tools in GIMP. I don't like the way it turned out, it doesn't look like it belongs in the game to me and I'm not sure this one is gonna look good if I simplify it enough to fit. Thought the concept would be fun to share though, I always have liked electrode somehow despite not liking the way it looks if that makes any sense.

Electric/Ghost Electrode? Gives me Ghastly vibes. Maybe a salvageable idea if I get a little better at it.

101s.png

101sb.png

This does look very cool! I like the idea!

On 11/12/2021 at 12:14 PM, Katabatic said:

There's a couple of shiny sprites that seem to not have transparent backgrounds (and show up with a big black box). Let me compile a list after testing them.

Thank you! That'd be a great help! :D

• Like 1

• Veterans
15 hours ago, Florgevoir said:

I battled the totems in the new areas and went to the golden key collector at undernet digsite but he still wants more, so greedy. Is there any guide with the key fragments locations?

Hi! 

There are two for each section of the Undernet (SW, E, N, SE), but I think the one missed the most is the one dropped during the main story. I playtested recently and noticed the event isn't appearing correctly to let the player know to backtrack and pick it up when it happens, so I'll update that in the next round of bugfixes.

To be less vague, it's...

Spoiler

The Giant Steelix in Tanzan Depths!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2021 at 1:00 PM, BlueTowel said:

Hi! 

There are two for each section of the Undernet (SW, E, N, SE), but I think the one missed the most is the one dropped during the main story. I playtested recently and noticed the event isn't appearing correctly to let the player know to backtrack and pick it up when it happens, so I'll update that in the next round of bugfixes.

To be less vague, it's...

Reveal hidden contents

The Giant Steelix in Tanzan Depths!

Thanks for ur reply. I sent you a message, please read it.

• Veterans

Hi! I've updated the downloads today with some more bugfixes!

Things that have been fixed:

• PokéMenagerie sidequest no longer immediately ambushes the player with the first battle after a Rainbow Challenge
  • Icons for alternate forms of Incineroar, Electabuzz, Swalot, Combee, and Vespiquen have been fixed
  • Earth Doduo battler sprite fixed
  • Crystals in SE Undernet can no longer be walked through
  • NPCs can now use Dragon Darts
  • Kubfu will now join you regardless of your ability to save
  • Item drop from Giant Steelix should now be visible during that scene
  • Alternate Eevees born from Alternate Eeveelutions should now have level-up moves
  • Ace Trainer Ana should now be back on duty after beating Gymless Leader Gaston
  • Gymless Leader Gaston should no longer leave player in darkness on whiteout
  • Mega, Sky and Mega Sky Gardevoir should now have stats!
1 hour ago, Florgevoir said:

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 617.6 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WcPcPqIouyTIT53fk4pEgVwMqtDlGEnS/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 157.8 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QPy2ut5grTyiDc1FgN0d0wFVVOmOQhYQ/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

---

1 hour ago, Florgevoir said:

I haven't received any private or direct messages from you yet, was it on here or Discord?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! I've updated the downloads today with some more bugfixes!

Things that have been fixed:

• PokéMenagerie sidequest no longer immediately ambushes the player with the first battle after a Rainbow Challenge
  • Icons for alternate forms of Incineroar, Electabuzz, Swalot, Combee, and Vespiquen have been fixed
  • Earth Doduo battler sprite fixed
  • Crystals in SE Undernet can no longer be walked through
  • NPCs can now use Dragon Darts
  • Kubfu will now join you regardless of your ability to save
  • Item drop from Giant Steelix should now be visible during that scene
  • Alternate Eevees born from Alternate Eeveelutions should now have level-up moves
  • Ace Trainer Ana should now be back on duty after beating Gymless Leader Gaston
  • Gymless Leader Gaston should no longer leave player in darkness on whiteout
  • Mega, Sky and Mega Sky Gardevoir should now have stats!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WcPcPqIouyTIT53fk4pEgVwMqtDlGEnS/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 157.8 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QPy2ut5grTyiDc1FgN0d0wFVVOmOQhYQ/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

---

I haven't received any private or direct messages from you yet, was it on here or Discord?

Sorry mr. I'm bit dumb and made a mistake. Now I did it right, I guess.

• Veterans

Hi! More bugfixes!!

• Fixed surfing through cliffs in Obscure Oceanfloor
  • Multi-Attack now becomes ???-type with Null Memory
  • Glitch World's Shiny Porygons have regained their shiny
  • Crash from battles in Vanhanen Mirror fixed
  • Backsprites for Glastrier, Spectrier and Calyrex Rider forms
  • Sounds for IoA and CT Pokémon
  • Added visual indicators to parts of the puzzle in The Under Ruins

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 620.8 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UcrKpbQMtaa_wHmwjeJc1M2rcDJdBrZz/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 160.8 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mZ3lEcPOOsLRUCaeiyT8uAZUqfU1BKrp/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans

Hi again! Bug fixes!!!

• Power cable in The Under Ruins now exists
  • Plate Trader exploit fixed
  • Softlocks surfing behind tall grass in Isolated Farm and Secluded Jungle fixed
  • Escape Rope softlock when entering the Undernet from Route 2 fixed
  • Onyx Trainers' School entrance to the Undernet now properly closes from Reborn City side after Restoration
  • Northern Undernet crevice exit fixed
  • Hidden Slopes Ice Flower and Offering Bowl graphic fixed
  • Grookey puzzle in Secluded Jungle bug fixed
  • Positron Metagross should no longer randomly revert to Steel-type.
  • Exit from Vanhanen Mirror Puzzle fixed

Main (Ep0) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 620.8 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LU8V4xZdWhBMvFw_HgcHXInvDWHE933F/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (Ep0) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 160.8 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mtpkgj4qs41m7QnO1zelcKUEEkXbj8gH/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

• Like 2

hey there, the new railnet area is extremely confusing for me to navigate. I don't suppose you have a map of the entire area that i could utilize? It's been giving me a headache trying to figure out some of the puzzles and locations. I got lost after i figured out an elevator that went somewhere foggy and theres a door with no power i cant figure out how to power on either. Man I am lost xD That said, alt forms are still fun as heck :3 

• Veterans
On 12/17/2021 at 7:15 PM, leosaurd said:

hey there, the new railnet area is extremely confusing for me to navigate. I don't suppose you have a map of the entire area that i could utilize? It's been giving me a headache trying to figure out some of the puzzles and locations. I got lost after i figured out an elevator that went somewhere foggy and theres a door with no power i cant figure out how to power on either. Man I am lost xD That said, alt forms are still fun as heck :3 

Hey! Glad you're enjoying it! 

The wiki has puzzle solutions for the more difficult ones, and in response to your post I've updated each area's page with a map to help navigate! :D

Check it out at https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/Pokémon_Altforms_Wiki !

• Like 2