Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

On 12/5/2018 at 9:50 PM, BlueTowel said:

Yeah! I've set myself an arbitrary number of 100 Alternate Forms by v1.0! At least 5 uses for each Plate, whether that's new forms by evolution or breeding, or a special effect in certain circumstances!

I am already considering an Electric/Dark type! Luxray seems like an easy fit for it! I'll try to make sure I include it with v0.4! 

Partner Pikachu will also be available in v0.4 - it's what I'm working on right now! - as well as some new scripted events! (Partner Eevee will be in but unavailable until a later version!)

Oh thanks a bunch, that's good news, Partner Pikachu that's great really. And yeah Electric/Dark Luxray has a nice ring to it, too bad it's a physical attacker and (yet again) Nintendo trolls Electric Pokemon, giving the only 90 BP physical electric move (Zing Zap) a signature move for Togedemaru only, if one does not want to rely on recoil moves then well... Spark I guess.

• Veterans
14 hours ago, Leokachu said:

Oh thanks a bunch, that's good news, Partner Pikachu that's great really. And yeah Electric/Dark Luxray has a nice ring to it, too bad it's a physical attacker and (yet again) Nintendo trolls Electric Pokemon, giving the only 90 BP physical electric move (Zing Zap) a signature move for Togedemaru only, if one does not want to rely on recoil moves then well... Spark I guess.

I'm thinking I'll swap its Attack and Special Attack to make it a more Special-heavy mixed, but kinda like Pyroar in that it has abilities to boost the physical side. Also giving it Dark Pulse, and more coverage with Dazzling Gleam and Flash Cannon, since part of the design inspiration is from X-rays so light makes sense to me. 

15 minutes ago, Eco said:

Is this compatible with Memeborn?

It is not, I'm afraid. Both mods alter many of the same files. Maybe a later version could have a download of both combined. I'd like to improve the quality of Alt Forms first.

---

I'm aiming to release v0.4 on the weekend of the 22nd-23rd December.

Upcoming changes include:

Bug fixes.

New sprites for Venomoth, Aerodactyl, Gastrodon (backsprites), Spiritomb (shiny), Carnivine (shiny), Golurk (shiny), Florges (shiny), Hakamo-o (shiny) and Kommo-o (shiny).

Movelist refinement for Beedrill, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Empoleon, Hakamo-o and Kommo-o.

Base stat refinement for Beedrill, Meganium and Samurott.

The start of Partner Eevee appearing as a recurring enemy.

Partner Pikachu available to acquire.

New Alternate Forms, including Luxray and Absol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veterans

Hey! I just made the deadline in time! Oof.

I don't have time to update the thread tonight so here's a breakdown of what's new:

Bug fixes

Pyrous Golem now has Steamroller!

Ciel no longer uses Toxic Gliscor!

Defossilised babies no longer get inappropriate Rock moves! 

Flame Infernape can no longer learn Role Play!

Mind Darmanitan has a Pokédex entry!

Tweaks

Earth Typhlosion now gets Earth Power at 48!

Splash Feraligatr now gets Fire Fang and Thunder Fang by move relearner! 

Icicle Empoleon now gets Icicle Crash at 36!

Iron Hakamo-o now gets Iron Tail at 63!

Iron Kommo-o now gets Clanging Scales at 75, and Iron Head upon evolution!

Meadow Meganium's BST lowered back down to 525, base stats now 120/82/90/83/90/60

Fist Samurott's base stats now 95/108/85/70/70/100 - fast and physical, like the Pokédex suggests.

Icicle Beedrill (and Mega) base stats now 65/80/40/90/45/70 (Mega: 65/80/40/150/15/145) - fragile and deadly both physically and specially. 

New Forms

Partner Pikachu - find it at Nyu's House in North Aventurine Forest off of Route 1! Want to know the secret?

Spoiler

Tamato Berries~

Look for the 3 black straight X sparkles to learn it the new moves: Floaty Fall, Pika Papow, Splishy Splash and Zappy Zap!

Clefairy -> Clefable

Spoiler

Spooky Plate + Cleffa + Happiness

Vulpix -> Ninetales

Spoiler

Icicle Plate (K) or Flame Plate (A) + Fire Stone (K) or Ice Stone (A).

Cancel or breed for Vulpix.

Dodrio

Spoiler

Earth Plate + Level Doduo

Noctowl

Spoiler

Mind Plate + Level Hoothoot

Ampharos

Spoiler

Draco Plate + Level Flaaffy

Politoed

Spoiler

Mud Poliwrath + King's Rock + Trade/Link Stone.

Grumpig

Spoiler

Toxic Plate + Level Spoink

Altaria

Spoiler

Pixie Plate + Level Swablu

Absol

Spoiler

Breed Absol holding Pixie Plate (or breed Pixie Absol).

Luxray

Spoiler

Dread Plate + Level Luxio

Purugly

Spoiler

Earth Plate + Level Glameow

Gible -> Gabite -> Garchomp

Spoiler

Breed Garchomp holding Splash Plate (or breed Splash Gible/Gabite/Garchomp).

Munna -> Musharna

Spoiler

Rare and wild in Byxbysion Wasteland.

Evolve Munna with Fire Stone.

Garbodor

Spoiler

Earth Plate + Level Trubbish

Sawsbuck

Spoiler

Meadow Plate + Level Deerling

Durant

Spoiler

Breed Durant holding Flame Plate (or breed Flame Durant).

New and updated Trainers and Events

I'll update the thread tomorrow with a mini walkthrough but for tonight:

Badge 1: Bob in Opal Ward

Spoiler

for Toxic Plate.

Badge 2: Bob in Obsidia Ward

Spoiler

for Icicle Plate.

Badge 3: Sula in Beryl Ward

Spoiler

for Earth Plate.

Badge 4: Monthelm with the Mining Kit in Grand Stairway

Spoiler

for Stone Plate.

Badge 5: Temperance on Apophyll Beach

Spoiler

for Fist Plate.

Badge 6: Uriel in Pyrous Mountain

Spoiler

for Flame Plate.

Badge 7: Black X sparkle outside Underground Railnet in Chrysolia Region (see Partner Eevee events below)

Spoiler

for Pixie Plate.

Badge 8: Monthelm in Chrysolia Forest 

Spoiler

for Draco Plate.

Badge 9: Temperance on Apophyll Beach

Spoiler

for Mind Plate.

Badge 10: Santiago in Tanzan Cove

Spoiler

for Splash Plate.

Partner Eevee?

Is really strong! If you want one, you'll have to wait a little longer and work for it or cheat.

Check out the black X sparkle in Sweet Kiss Candy Shop in Obsidia Ward before and after City Restoration for events to build up points towards getting a Partner Eevee in a later version.

Completing the first of these events activates the Badge 7 event for a Plate! 

Okay, have fun and have a happy Christmas!!!

Have you saved recently?

Edited by BlueTowel
i just kept hitting enter at the wrong times

was just looking thru all the currently available forms and their respective pokedex entries............... the infernape change just SCREAMS goku from dragon ball, especially the pokedex entry, heck slow start kinda fits too considering the pokedex entry................ im guessing that was intentional? nicely done regardless, and im guessing the color rework is to tie in to the whole "super saiyan" part of it (the yellow-ish palette with the flames and such)

• Veterans

v0.4.1 is now out! It fixes a lot of bugs, including a few game-breaking ones from v0.4 that involved the game locking up after some of the Plate events! New sprites for Flame/Icicle Vulpix are included! - Please update at your convenience! 

The Pokémon Information is now fully updated, and there is a new section below it for the NPC and Event Guide!

On 12/25/2018 at 1:51 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

was just looking thru all the currently available forms and their respective pokedex entries............... the infernape change just SCREAMS goku from dragon ball, especially the pokedex entry, heck slow start kinda fits too considering the pokedex entry................ im guessing that was intentional? nicely done regardless, and im guessing the color rework is to tie in to the whole "super saiyan" part of it (the yellow-ish palette with the flames and such)

if it keeps screaming it'll reach a level beyond!

6 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

v0.4.1 is now out! It fixes a lot of bugs, including a few game-breaking ones from v0.4 that involved the game locking up after some of the Plate events! New sprites for Flame/Icicle Vulpix are included! - Please update at your convenience! 

The Pokémon Information is now fully updated, and there is a new section below it for the NPC and Event Guide!

if it keeps screaming it'll reach a level beyond!

so long as the flames dont grow excessively long............... could be in for some potential problems there XD

• Global Mods

Staraptor has a close relationship with recoil moves, so what about a rock/flying staraptor with Rock Head?  

Also I can probably do some recolours at some point if you want

• Veterans
6 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Staraptor has a close relationship with recoil moves, so what about a rock/flying staraptor with Rock Head?  

That sounds like a really strong Pokémon! If it gained Head Smash, it might outclass both normal Staraptor and other physical Rock/Flying types. It would be cool to have a Pokémon that doesn't take recoil from Brave Bird, though! Since Staraptor is already a strong Pokémon, I'd want to give the combination to something else that might like raising. I could even give Flying type to something that has Rock Head via Sky Plate! There's only two Sky Plate forms at the moment.

6 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Also I can probably do some recolours at some point if you want

Sure! There's a list in the Sprite Status spoiler in the first post! There's a lot of inappropriate shiny-swaps, and shiny-swaps that need the original Reborn shinies changing to visually differentiate the forms. Let me know which ones you'd like to do and I'll mark them as WIP to minimize accidents!

---

Hey so while I'm posting, here's some news! 

I'm working on a v0.4.3 patch with a few tweaks. The first and third Eevee events seemed to be too difficult for those times in the game, so I'm reducing their levels a little. 27 -> 24, and 75 -> 65, respectively. The first event will also have reduced EVs.

It will also contain a new event and Pokémon form in Glitch World by popular request via Discord. What is it? Good question!

There will also be a few new sprites! 

For v0.5, I'm looking at adding more Castform forms, as well as more Fist, Icicle, Meadow and Sky Plate forms! Probably another Plater too, but mostly looking to polish up with this version.

• Veterans

v0.4.3 is up! 

The Eevee Events should be less difficult to beat when you first come across them. Levels have been reduced, and some EVs.

Bad Eevee now has more custom sprites! Yay for Player_Null_Name! 

Earth Dodrio has new sprites, and Pixie Altaria now has backsprites! 

And there's a new Event with a new Form, if you're meme enough for it...

Spoiler

owowh.png

1 hour ago, Leokachu said:

Hi thank you for the updates, been playing with Dark Luxray, thanks a bunch!

Also I'm using Partner Pikachu, but does Light Ball increase its offensive stats? I feel like it doesn't, but could you confirm that?

I feel like that could make sense, there is no Light Ball in LG:PE

• Veterans
On 1/4/2019 at 9:47 AM, Leokachu said:

Hi thank you for the updates, been playing with Dark Luxray, thanks a bunch!

Also I'm using Partner Pikachu, but does Light Ball increase its offensive stats? I feel like it doesn't, but could you confirm that?

The code does not make any exceptions for forms, so it should be working. 🙂 I hope you're having fun!

i did some thinking and i came to the realization that it was a missed opportunity giving the design and 2 of the abilities of musharna that it doesnt have a base stat total of 420........... 😕

also might i make a suggestion and for a shiny infernape have its chest orange and its flames turn blue?

Edited by ArcBolt27

• Veterans
On 1/11/2019 at 6:42 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

i did some thinking and i came to the realization that it was a missed opportunity giving the design and 2 of the abilities of musharna that it doesnt have a base stat total of 420........... 😕

also might i make a suggestion and for a shiny infernape have its chest orange and its flames turn blue?

I guess Unburden does work better as an English-language pun, huh? Only didn't go for 420 BST because Unburden on a low Speed Pokémon seemed fun. Boost Speed and consume an item for a radical change!

High Musharna is about to lose a lot of Attack and Speed...

Seems like a logical choice for a Flame Infernape shiny. I'll try to include it in the next version! 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:09 PM, DMBY said:

lmao I still can't believe Rhybombee is in.

Thank you for blessing Reborn with this majestic beast.

Thank you for your support! May it bring joy to the land!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans

Hey! I thought you guys might like an update, let people not on Discord know that development continues

So here's what's coming in v0.5, which I'm aiming to release sometime around 2-3 weeks from now:

Bug Fixes and Tweaks

Defossilised Amaura and Aurorus learning Twister by Move Tutor! 

Earth Dodrio learning Rock Smash by TMX!

Toxic Mightyena gaining Poison Jab by TM!

Earth Purugly swapping Sand Veil for Sand Force!

Spooky Shedinja funneling its SpAtk into its Atk!

Musharna losing a bunch of Atk and Speed for higher memes! It also loses Unburden for Insomnia! 

Defossilised Tirtouga and Carracosta lose Solid Rock and swap it for Strong Jaw!

New Forms

Castform gains new forms: Windy, and Rainbow!

Two new Wormadam forms! 

Two new Sableye forms, four if you count Megas!

Another alternate form for Drapion!

Onix and Steelix forms! 

Donphan!

Boldore and Gigalith! 

Spritzee and Aromatisse!

All the remaining starters! That's Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina!

New Plates

Just Zap this time! But Plates inaccessible after restoring the city will be available in Agate Circus!

New Events

Partner Eevee's sidequest will conclude! It will be accessible after returning to Reborn City and gaining the Amaranth Badge! 

And, of course, more new sprites!

After that, work may begin on a combined Alternate Forms and Memeborn mod! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veterans

Little update on release schedule: 

Aiming to get this out on Sunday (GMT), hopefully towards the middle of the day rather than the end. 

My week turned out to be more eventful than anticipated, so I haven't had as much time to work on it as I'd like, but I said 2-3 weeks and gosh darn as much as I hate deadlines I'm going to try to stick to one if given. 

So what's the bad news? There won't be as many sprites, even recolours, with the first release of v0.5, but what I'm going to do is release a few new sprites each week, a little pack of what I've done and what's been contributed (❤️ love to the artists ❤️) , which can be added simply.

I also won't be giving a deadline for v0.6 - I'm going to be working on other stuff besides this project, and I'd also like to take my time to increase the quality of my work and learn more. I'll be giving updates on how it's going, though! 

11 hours ago, Xander said:

Is there a Discord for this?

There isn't a dedicated one for it. Should there be? Maybe, maybe... At least right now, I'm using the "Reborn, Evolved" Discord server to occasionally talk about it, in the pokemon-general, pokemon-reborn and sprite-edits channels.

I think a dedicated discord server would be a great idea! We can see how the progress goes, help out with what we can, and it can make for a good place for sharing sprites, ideas etc. There can also be feedback and suggestions(If something was too OP or too weak, and whether it's meant to be that way). Plus a good place for when people would like to battle each other and trade different form pokemon 😄 I'm not sure if the trading server here is the same as reborn, but it would be nice to find other players with alternate forms willing to trade 🙂

I feel like Trading's probably off the table for this one. Assuming I'm understanding things correctly, modding the game as heavily as this results in it being removed from Reborn's server, so Blue'd have to set up a whole new one to make that work. Not exactly the most practical choice one could make, ya know?

Also, hi! Semi-long time watcher, first time poster here! Thanks for the good work so far, BlueTowel!

17 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I feel like Trading's probably off the table for this one. Assuming I'm understanding things correctly, modding the game as heavily as this results in it being removed from Reborn's server, so Blue'd have to set up a whole new one to make that work. Not exactly the most practical choice one could make, ya know?

Also, hi! Semi-long time watcher, first time poster here! Thanks for the good work so far, BlueTowel!

Interestingly, I attempted to trade on this game mode and to my surprise, it succeeded! I believe this has to do with the fact that they are alternate forms, which makes it technically compatible with the base game! E.g In base game, Pokemon form 0 and 1 are the same unless Alolan. Basically it means that pokemon traded from Alternate forms to normal reborn will appear as normal, rather than alternate forms, although with a questionable moveset. 

• Veterans
On 2/18/2019 at 6:59 AM, leosaurd said:

I think a dedicated discord server would be a great idea! We can see how the progress goes, help out with what we can, and it can make for a good place for sharing sprites, ideas etc. There can also be feedback and suggestions(If something was too OP or too weak, and whether it's meant to be that way). Plus a good place for when people would like to battle each other and trade different form pokemon 😄 I'm not sure if the trading server here is the same as reborn, but it would be nice to find other players with alternate forms willing to trade 🙂

I think a dedicated Discord server might be too much at this time. The Reborn Discord has appropriate channels for these, and the forum too. It is a Reborn mod, after all.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:21 PM, Autumn Zephyr said:

16 hours ago, leosaurd said:

Interestingly, I attempted to trade on this game mode and to my surprise, it succeeded! I believe this has to do with the fact that they are alternate forms, which makes it technically compatible with the base game! E.g In base game, Pokemon form 0 and 1 are the same unless Alolan. Basically it means that pokemon traded from Alternate forms to normal reborn will appear as normal, rather than alternate forms, although with a questionable moveset. 

I had wondered if trading and battling would work without modifications to the system, but I guess this partly answers it. I should ask the server owner if it does anything funky to it server-side! 

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...