Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

Hi Blue,

I found a weird bug while starting the new game. For reference I downloaded the full v6.0 and overwrote with each new patch including the v6.3.

- When my Caterpie reached lvl.7 it tried to evolve, which I canceled, but after I canceled it tried to evolve again. Then after all battles (even if it didn’t after earned any exp, like run for a wild encounter) it would try to evolve. So I saved and removed all my mod folder to see if any of them was the culprit, but the issues continued. So I put the mods back and start using Debug to test. This weird continued to the other levels. It wouldn’t change  the form (still form 0, the Bug/Flying Butterfree) after evolving (I didn’t have the plate). It also affect other Pokemons, after using Debug to set to lvl 19 my Poochyena and Scorbunny  they also tried to evolve after running from battle.

Some oddities that I found while looking at the new sprites at the Graphics folder. I’m not sure if all of them are still there on the new updated versions.

- Butterfree shinies are a shiny Beedrill sprite

- There is a redundant regular shiny Geodude and Graveler labeled 74s and 75s (without the 0 at the start; there is already a 074s/075s)

- Alt Gengar don't have sprites. Since it is based on old style Gengar, wouldn't the shiny of Regular Gengar fit perfectly?

- All the non-shinies Larvitar-line _1 sprites are a copy of the _4 sprites (I think it's the space one). This also includes the Mega T-Tar sprite that looks like normal Space T-Tar

- There is a 374Eggs_2.png (green Alt Beldum Egg) besides the 374Egg_2.png (the Alt Beldum Egg that looks like the intended one)

- The shiny Alt infernape seems a copy of the normal shiny Infernape. Looks unintended as neither the Alt  Chimchar nor the Alt Monferno have any shinies sprites

- Missing 461f_1.png, the front female Alt Weavile. Given that 461fb_1, 461fs_1 and 461fsb_1.png were included, and the set for Sneasel is completed with a 215f_1.png, I found odd that only one was incomplete.

- The front sprite for Alt Liepard, 510s_1.png, is incorrectly named 520s_1

- There isn't a 615sb_1 (Shiny Cryogonal back) . Since the front sprite was included I didn't know if was intended or forgotten

- The alt Dedeene shiny was incorrectly named 702bs_1 instead of the 702sb_1. I didn't know if this actually breaks anything, just noticed that it didn't matched the other naming pattern.

- There is a redundant sprite named 826_1s. I think it’s just a copy of 826s. The 826s_1 sprite is already included.

- I think there is something wrong with the non-Mega Appletun (842) sprites. On the shiny, the color of the top leaves change sides between the front and back. This doesn't happen on the non-shiny front/back sprites

- I think the following sprites are redundant: 876mb, 876ms and 876msb. They are copies of the Male Galarian Meowstic Indeedee sprites, which are already included and not marked with a "m".

- The 882 sprites don't have a alt form sprite. I just wondered if they actually weren't finished or just forgotten to be included, given that all the other fossil were included.

- The 888b_2 and 889b_2 are front sprites, even though they have the "b" letter. In fact, I don't understand why the _2 forms exist. Didn't the legendaries, only look like that during the animation of their signature moves on the official games and then immediately revert back?

- There is also a different between the colors of 889s_1 and 889s_2 that doesn't happen to 889_1 and 889_2.

Now about some of opinions about the balance from previous experience with the mod and from what I read on the Makeshift Altdex:

- Maybe change the bug Buzz on Alt Excavalier for Megahorn? I don't know how its sprite supposed to look so that the move makes sense on it, but based on Karrablast design, that it learns Smart Strike by level-up and has Long Reach (which I assume is the horn? Or the ability refers to the lances?) I think so.

- Also about Long Reach, since Alt Bug/Dark Drapion cannot befenit as much as the other forms from the Poison Plate+Sniper interaction, I thought about maybe change its ability to Long Reach. Physically can makes sense with that weird limbs, and it would make another Pokemon be able to use that Plate Interaction. Also maybe some change some of its level-up Poison-moves to STABs, like First Impression, Lunge, Skitter Smack and Throat Chop, since its Pokedex entry says it prides itself for not using poison but it still has more poison-moves than dark ones on its level-up list.

- Dazzling is really sub-par on Alt Serperior, specially compared to the power of Contrary+Leaf Storm power. Maybe Multiscale as the alternative ability? Let it either guarantee to be able to set up with Coil (or maybe let it learns DD later) or use one of its amazing support movepool like Glare, Sub, Seed, etc. Also it would allow another Pokemon to benefit from Dragon's Den on next episode Reborn.

- Something that I thought about Alt Politoed, since its type combination garantes to deal s.e. damage to poison-types maybe could incorporate more on its theme? Maybe change Dazzling for Immunity or Poison Heal, describing as evolving to predate on poison-types on its habitat? This change is also a suggestion because I think Dazzling is a really underwhelming ability, unless there is a interaction with Plates or Field that I'm ignoring, something that happened with me on previous playthrough with Alt Greninja, which I thought very underwhelming until I  learned on Discord about Storm Throw+Technician.

- Thank you for removing that crippling abilities from Partner Pikachu and Eevee. I do think that maybe the Pikachu may be too powerful at the point that you get it, but I don't think its glass cannon stats are too unbalanced to late game (and probably all the BS that E19 reserve for us). I was thinking if you could add a condition to nerf the Light Ball on that specific Pikachu form for balancing reasons (say to x1,5) and add another item that actually boost to its full potential later in the game. Maybe tie in with the Eevee event, I didn't finished that quest but I know that a later part of it involve hats, maybe a Cap for Pikachu? Although I dont't know how hard it would to add and program it or if there is another cap for the number of items like the abilities

And to finish on a more positive note, about some designs of v0.6 (and thanks to all artists that contributed to his version and all previous):

- Loved Noctowl, Delphox and Clawtizer redesigns

- Loved Alt Accelgor

- Riperior is blessed. Finally I will be able to use that pokemon without having to face that cursed thing that is Rhybombee. Also it looks better than the normal Rhyperior (which I think is a downgrade from Rhydon).

So that was it. Hopefully I will have more time this week to play and explore all the new areas. I finished my first run of Reborn which this mod way back but I forgot to write my thanks and give feedback/report bugs at the time. Hopefully this post can help you.

Again thanks Blue (and for everybody else put effort on this project) all your work! Take care and hope everything is alright with your hand.

• Thanks 1

thats another thing that had me curious too, it seems if a pokemon has multiple evolutions, most notably bug types as they are the easiest to do this with if they meet the requirements after a battle to be fully evolved even if they havent evolved once they will evolve into their middle stage and then right away after that they will try to evolve into their final evolution................. i had noticed this initially with my sewaddle as i maxxed its friendship before evolving it into swadloon and right after it finished evolving into swadloon it immediately evolved into leavanny without having to do any extra battling.............. was this an intentional thing cuz i dont remember this happening before in base reborn or even rejuvenation

5 hours ago, TripleHHH said:

- The shiny Alt infernape seems a copy of the normal shiny Infernape. Looks unintended as neither the Alt  Chimchar nor the Alt Monferno have any shinies sprites

this was partially intentional as base alt-infernape is a reference to goku from dragonball and the shiny is to represent goku in super saiyan blue so if anything u cant fault blue for this one but actually me as i was the one who proposed the change a while back at alt-infernapes initial inception

i was also the one who proposed the fitting base stat total change for alt-musharna if ur curious

• Veterans

Fixed some more bugs, tweaked a couple of altforms and added some new sprites. 🙂

Main (V0.6.4) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G34Hp98Yrj0GBKD9Tj9YyJIZZyGV92kf/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (V0.6.4) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 93 MB) 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/102COUyCwxXBQEFUPFieAYFR9gxDGsNpp/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

v0.6.4
Bug Fixes
Bob should no longer disappear if you lose your battle with him in Obsidia Ward.
ZMoves should no longer give error messages relating to pbEffectAfterHit.
Pokémon will no longer try to evolve after every battle, regardless of result.
Skorupi and Drapion (and forms) now correctly learn Poison Fang at level 9.
Rattled now works correctly with Intimidate.

Tweaks
Insect Drapion base stats change: -10 Def, +10 SpAtk. 
Insect Drapion level-up movepool changes: Toxic -> Taunt, Cross Poison -> Throat Chop, Crunch -> Lunge.
Draco Serperior Ability change: Dazzling -> Multiscale.

New Sprites
Spooky Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree
Dread Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Mega Gengar
Shiny Flame Infernape

---

7 hours ago, TripleHHH said:

Some oddities that I found while looking at the new sprites at the Graphics folder. I’m not sure if all of them are still there on the new updated versions.

- Butterfree shinies are a shiny Beedrill sprite

- There is a redundant regular shiny Geodude and Graveler labeled 74s and 75s (without the 0 at the start; there is already a 074s/075s)

- Alt Gengar don't have sprites. Since it is based on old style Gengar, wouldn't the shiny of Regular Gengar fit perfectly?

- All the non-shinies Larvitar-line _1 sprites are a copy of the _4 sprites (I think it's the space one). This also includes the Mega T-Tar sprite that looks like normal Space T-Tar

- There is a 374Eggs_2.png (green Alt Beldum Egg) besides the 374Egg_2.png (the Alt Beldum Egg that looks like the intended one)

- Missing 461f_1.png, the front female Alt Weavile. Given that 461fb_1, 461fs_1 and 461fsb_1.png were included, and the set for Sneasel is completed with a 215f_1.png, I found odd that only one was incomplete.

- The front sprite for Alt Liepard, 510s_1.png, is incorrectly named 520s_1

- There isn't a 615sb_1 (Shiny Cryogonal back) . Since the front sprite was included I didn't know if was intended or forgotten

- The alt Dedeene shiny was incorrectly named 702bs_1 instead of the 702sb_1. I didn't know if this actually breaks anything, just noticed that it didn't matched the other naming pattern.

- There is a redundant sprite named 826_1s. I think it’s just a copy of 826s. The 826s_1 sprite is already included.

- I think there is something wrong with the non-Mega Appletun (842) sprites. On the shiny, the color of the top leaves change sides between the front and back. This doesn't happen on the non-shiny front/back sprites

- I think the following sprites are redundant: 876mb, 876ms and 876msb. They are copies of the Male Galarian Meowstic Indeedee sprites, which are already included and not marked with a "m".

- The 882 sprites don't have a alt form sprite. I just wondered if they actually weren't finished or just forgotten to be included, given that all the other fossil were included.

- The 888b_2 and 889b_2 are front sprites, even though they have the "b" letter. In fact, I don't understand why the _2 forms exist. Didn't the legendaries, only look like that during the animation of their signature moves on the official games and then immediately revert back?

- There is also a different between the colors of 889s_1 and 889s_2 that doesn't happen to 889_1 and 889_2.

Now about some of opinions about the balance from previous experience with the mod and from what I read on the Makeshift Altdex:

- Maybe change the bug Buzz on Alt Excavalier for Megahorn? I don't know how its sprite supposed to look so that the move makes sense on it, but based on Karrablast design, that it learns Smart Strike by level-up and has Long Reach (which I assume is the horn? Or the ability refers to the lances?) I think so.

- Also about Long Reach, since Alt Bug/Dark Drapion cannot befenit as much as the other forms from the Poison Plate+Sniper interaction, I thought about maybe change its ability to Long Reach. Physically can makes sense with that weird limbs, and it would make another Pokemon be able to use that Plate Interaction. Also maybe some change some of its level-up Poison-moves to STABs, like First Impression, Lunge, Skitter Smack and Throat Chop, since its Pokedex entry says it prides itself for not using poison but it still has more poison-moves than dark ones on its level-up list.

- Dazzling is really sub-par on Alt Serperior, specially compared to the power of Contrary+Leaf Storm power. Maybe Multiscale as the alternative ability? Let it either guarantee to be able to set up with Coil (or maybe let it learns DD later) or use one of its amazing support movepool like Glare, Sub, Seed, etc. Also it would allow another Pokemon to benefit from Dragon's Den on next episode Reborn.

- Something that I thought about Alt Politoed, since its type combination garantes to deal s.e. damage to poison-types maybe could incorporate more on its theme? Maybe change Dazzling for Immunity or Poison Heal, describing as evolving to predate on poison-types on its habitat? This change is also a suggestion because I think Dazzling is a really underwhelming ability, unless there is a interaction with Plates or Field that I'm ignoring, something that happened with me on previous playthrough with Alt Greninja, which I thought very underwhelming until I  learned on Discord about Storm Throw+Technician.

- Thank you for removing that crippling abilities from Partner Pikachu and Eevee. I do think that maybe the Pikachu may be too powerful at the point that you get it, but I don't think its glass cannon stats are too unbalanced to late game (and probably all the BS that E19 reserve for us). I was thinking if you could add a condition to nerf the Light Ball on that specific Pikachu form for balancing reasons (say to x1,5) and add another item that actually boost to its full potential later in the game. Maybe tie in with the Eevee event, I didn't finished that quest but I know that a later part of it involve hats, maybe a Cap for Pikachu? Although I dont't know how hard it would to add and program it or if there is another cap for the number of items like the abilities

And to finish on a more positive note, about some designs of v0.6 (and thanks to all artists that contributed to his version and all previous):

- Loved Noctowl, Delphox and Clawtizer redesigns

- Loved Alt Accelgor

- Riperior is blessed. Finally I will be able to use that pokemon without having to face that cursed thing that is Rhybombee. Also it looks better than the normal Rhyperior (which I think is a downgrade from Rhydon).

So that was it. Hopefully I will have more time this week to play and explore all the new areas. I finished my first run of Reborn which this mod way back but I forgot to write my thanks and give feedback/report bugs at the time. Hopefully this post can help you.

Again thanks Blue (and for everybody else put effort on this project) all your work! Take care and hope everything is alright with your hand.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! 😄 I'd been putting off tidying up the Battlers folder for a while, so it's been a good reason to do so. I've fixed and added sprites where I could. I still managed to miss one though, the incorrectly named Beedrill shinies.

882 doesn't have a proper sprite yet because it's a tougher one to sprite. I'm not sure how to go about spriting it at the moment, so it has a placeholder recolour. 

888_2, 889_2 and their backsprites are so the player will still be able to enjoy those legendaries changing form during their attack animation while using those signature moves. 🙂

I've taken on your suggestions to tweak Insect Drapion's level-up moves and given it access to Lunge, and changed Draco Serperior to Multiscale.

Bug Buzz on Alt Escavalier is a remnant of normal Escavalier's level-up moves, so it's retained accordingly. It does still get Megahorn by breeding and (unavailable) TM.

I don't think Long Reach would suit Insect Drapion very well. It can still make use of Sniper, but I will see about tweaking it some more in a later version.

Dazzling I am intending on adding a Plate Interaction for. It's simpler now that only Psychic-type Pokémon have it.

I'll also look into tweaking Light Ball with Partner Pikachu!

2 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

thats another thing that had me curious too, it seems if a pokemon has multiple evolutions, most notably bug types as they are the easiest to do this with if they meet the requirements after a battle to be fully evolved even if they havent evolved once they will evolve into their middle stage and then right away after that they will try to evolve into their final evolution................. i had noticed this initially with my sewaddle as i maxxed its friendship before evolving it into swadloon and right after it finished evolving into swadloon it immediately evolved into leavanny without having to do any extra battling.............. was this an intentional thing cuz i dont remember this happening before in base reborn or even rejuvenation

Yes, I'd noticed it too but wasn't sure what had caused it and there didn't seem to be any harm in keeping it in. After investigating, it turned out to be caused by Galarian Farfetch'd's evo method calling for an evo check after every battle! So I updated that code and all was well once more.

2 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

this was partially intentional as base alt-infernape is a reference to goku from dragonball and the shiny is to represent goku in super saiyan blue so if anything u cant fault blue for this one but actually me as i was the one who proposed the change a while back at alt-infernapes initial inception

I updated it with a custom shiny just for it! Took me long enough to get around to it.

• Like 2

I don't know if this happened to someone else, but if you try to encounter a wild Pokemon while the leading Pokemon in your team has the ability Cute Charm, the game brings up this error and closes.   

sdhsdf.PNG.d43fd10b113afaea4980788d57aaa728.PNG

Also according to Orbeetle's moveset, it should learn Psychic at level 36, but it learns the move After You instead, and Orbeetle learns After You at level 40.

oh one thing i discovered is in the underground area behind flobot's gym where the golden key fragment collector NPC and others are if u leave after battling the knight and return he assumes his original spot even after beating him round 2 rendering the caves behind him inaccessible........... also the NPC that introduces u to that entire crew also just straight up vanishes if u leave and reenter

On 9/4/2020 at 7:56 AM, BlueTowel said:

New patch to fix bugs and stuff!!

Main (V0.6.2) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zd_N50AimGGL46bR2JC37D3yBz5q5rOm/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (V0.6.2) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 93 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oX-FHUbDdnozQ416ipUp4LzRXgUuctya/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

v0.6.2
Bug Fixes
Daytime and Nighttime Happiness evolutions are working again.
Clauncher can once again Plate Evolve into Flame Clawitzer.

Tweaks
Flame Infernape now has two Abilities: Slow Start (works great with Flame/Fist Plates), and Berserk!
Fist Greninja no longer requires a special location to Plate Evolve.
Not a new tweak, but neither does Stone Torterra!
Drake Fossil and Bird Fossil locations have been swapped. Dracozolt can no longer be acquired before you can Surf.

New Event
After receiving your starter, leaving the Grand Hall and heading out of Opal Ward, an event will occur in the street that rewards an Arceus Plate based on your starter! Now you can Plate Evolve it at the beginning of the game!
If you can no longer reach the old Opal Ward, an NPC in the Undernet Digsite will give you the Plate instead.

Patch Installation Picture Guide

For Windows 10

Reveal hidden contents

1) Find the downloaded Patch zip file.

image.png.14947298587d1bbbdf1638d899397f5c.png

2) Open it and select everything. Copy.

image.png.63b9e8c6821da54807d7357731b43f02.png

3) Go to your game directory for Pokémon Reborn 18.4.1 or PkMn Reborn Altforms v0.6. Paste.

image.png.14d8275bc1cbd1e944d8c91826764e6a.png

4) Select "Replace the files in the destination".

image.png.13b50a0513d977f051294f1699b5552c.png

5) Wait for it to complete and you're done patching!

image.png.69af032efb864e1d44d1141233ff42f1.png

Grookey Event Guide

Hide contents

To catch the Grookey, you need to match the notes played on the rocks.

Each side of each rock plays a differently pitched hammer strike.

You don't need to match the rhythm, only the notes.

After all, you have to run between each side.

image.png.61b871b5435742e107bee5e3c8a4921b.png

The sides are numbered in ascending pitch order on the picture, with 1 being the lowest pitch and 10 being the highest.

You may notice that it goes up to 11. As someone with impaired hearing myself, I know it can be difficult to impossible to solve hearing-based puzzles, so there is a bypass available with Rock Climb.

When I try to rock climb I get stuck in the middle. Is that suppose to happpen? May anyone help at this point Grookey is incredibily difficult to get.

• Veterans
On 9/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, TripleHHH said:

But MOST IMPORTANTLY that I forgot to say is THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FEEDBACK! I love this stuff! It helps the project grow and improve! My hand is pretty much alright now, it's my brain being a pain...

---

Main (V0.6.5) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vI-Wq2M6fjReBjA6767YahfmCpfa-CPl/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (V0.6.5) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o0SBBVcpaArPGoR9Cd2WtoqsJwaa3iyM/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

v0.6.5
Bug Fixes
Lead Pokémon with Cute Charm or Synchronize should no longer cause an error and crash when encountering wild Pokémon.
The items that fall from the Giant Steelix should no longer float over the chasm tauntingly.
The Rock Climb in Secluded Jungle should now work correctly.
Ser Verity and Ana should for serious no longer unnecessarily block paths now, and you don't even need to ask them to move.
Orbeetle now correctly learns Psychic at level 36, and After You at level 40.

Tweaks

Wandering Spirit + Spooky Plate interaction now provides a 34% damage reduction on hits taken instead of Leftovers-like recovery, to better suit the ability.

The Giant Steelix is now a bit slower.

New Sprites
Spooky Caterpie Egg
Spooky Paras, Parasect, Egg

---

20 hours ago, Thebossgummy221 games said:

I don't know if this happened to someone else, but if you try to encounter a wild Pokemon while the leading Pokemon in your team has the ability Cute Charm, the game brings up this error and closes.   

sdhsdf.PNG.d43fd10b113afaea4980788d57aaa728.PNG

Also according to Orbeetle's moveset, it should learn Psychic at level 36, but it learns the move After You instead, and Orbeetle learns After You at level 40.

19 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

oh one thing i discovered is in the underground area behind flobot's gym where the golden key fragment collector NPC and others are if u leave after battling the knight and return he assumes his original spot even after beating him round 2 rendering the caves behind him inaccessible........... also the NPC that introduces u to that entire crew also just straight up vanishes if u leave and reenter

11 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

IB7cShE.png  ya know, i dont think TMs are supposed to be out in the void like that

1 hour ago, Rising Emperor said:

When I try to rock climb I get stuck in the middle. Is that suppose to happpen?

Fixed 'em all in v0.6.5! Download the patch and it should all work now, I hope? Not sure which NPC that introduces the entire crew is causing problems, so I had a look around the whole digsite and tweaked some.

• Like 4

something i was wondering was if perhaps an alternate sandshrew/sandslash be it for both their kantonian and alolan forms or just one where both are more special oriented instead of physical.......... perhaps have it be the kantonian one and it be ground/poison?

mind u im no good at spriting so if it were to happen i wouldnt be able to assist there

• Hmm 1

Hey Blue, first of all I wanted to thank you for the awesome mod I am loving it thus far. I had a question regarding both forms of Larvitar. On the Alt-Forms Wiki it says that Ice Larvitar has Snow Cloak and Guts as an ability but mine had Sand Veil. I also wanted to confirm that Ice Ttar is Phys based and Space is Spa? Thanks again! 

• Veterans
On 9/9/2020 at 1:12 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

something i was wondering was if perhaps an alternate sandshrew/sandslash be it for both their kantonian and alolan forms or just one where both are more special oriented instead of physical.......... perhaps have it be the kantonian one and it be ground/poison?

mind u im no good at spriting so if it were to happen i wouldnt be able to assist there

Could be interesting! I'll note it down and look into it as a possibility for a new v0.7 form!

23 hours ago, Bnob1234 said:

Hey Blue, first of all I wanted to thank you for the awesome mod I am loving it thus far. I had a question regarding both forms of Larvitar. On the Alt-Forms Wiki it says that Ice Larvitar has Snow Cloak and Guts as an ability but mine had Sand Veil. I also wanted to confirm that Ice Ttar is Phys based and Space is Spa? Thanks again! 

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! 😄

I had a look through the code and don't see any reason for an Ice Larvitar to have Sand Veil. It definitely should have Guts and Snow Cloak as its abilities. Are you using v0.6.5? Are any other forms displaying incorrect data?

I can confirm that Ice Tyranitar is primarily Physical in offense, and Space Tyranitar is primarily Special in offense.

20 hours ago, DJWongTong said:

V0.6 has been great so far, what's everyone's favorite form? Dusk Noivern has been killing it for me personally 🌑

😄

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DJWongTong said:

V0.6 has been great so far, what's everyone's favorite form? Dusk Noivern has been killing it for me personally 🌑

Uhhh there are too many altforms for me to pick just one but there are several good changes I really appreciate lol Overall I love this mod and I wish I could explore it to its fullest, it's actually making me wanting to start another Reborn run just to check every form!

• Upvote 2

On 9/12/2020 at 8:47 PM, BlueTowel said:

Could be interesting! I'll note it down and look into it as a possibility for a new v0.7 form!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! 😄

I had a look through the code and don't see any reason for an Ice Larvitar to have Sand Veil. It definitely should have Guts and Snow Cloak as its abilities. Are you using v0.6.5? Are any other forms displaying incorrect data?

I can confirm that Ice Tyranitar is primarily Physical in offense, and Space Tyranitar is primarily Special in offense.

😄

Alright, I double checked and it seems like I was a tired idiot and had a regular Larvitar. Sorry about that and the late reply! If there are any forms displaying incorrect information I will definitely let you know. Thanks yet again, good luck with your health and stay safe!! 

• Veterans
On 9/17/2020 at 4:35 PM, Darkhorse said:

I've been using the Altform Mod to play a Galar-only run of Reborn and I was wondering, I've found the Dino and Drake fossils in their undernet sections but I cannot seem to find the locations of the bird and fish fossils, does anyone know where they are?

Sorry for the late reply!

Locations in spoiler below!

Spoiler

The Bird Fossil is in Northern Undernet: Cross the river into the cold crevasse at the top, and it's in a rock on the path.

The Fish Fossil is in Southeast Undernet: Travel down the Waterfall and check around the dirt in that section, or use the Item Finder to see it.

On 9/18/2020 at 7:12 AM, Bnob1234 said:

Alright, I double checked and it seems like I was a tired idiot and had a regular Larvitar. Sorry about that and the late reply! If there are any forms displaying incorrect information I will definitely let you know. Thanks yet again, good luck with your health and stay safe!! 

Ah! It would help if it had sprites, but it's the usual thing with this mod for graphics to lag behind a bit! I've been pretty busy, but hopefully I can get back to at least sorting placeholders for everything soon. 🙂

• Thanks 2

Hi BlueTowel, I love this mod and have been playing it nonstop lately, but I'm having a problem getting the alt form dusclops/dusknoir. I evolve the duskull with the iron plate and it's still holding the plate when it evolves. It doesn't show up as the alt form in the pokedex either.  Am I doing something wrong?

• Veterans
21 hours ago, Dragonair Ashes said:

Hi BlueTowel, I love this mod and have been playing it nonstop lately, but I'm having a problem getting the alt form dusclops/dusknoir. I evolve the duskull with the iron plate and it's still holding the plate when it evolves. It doesn't show up as the alt form in the pokedex either.  Am I doing something wrong?

Hi! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Nonstop? Please remember to take care of yourself also! Sorry about the bug - I accidentally left a map-check in the evolution code! For now, you'll have to take it under the Grand Stairway to one of the floors with Unown, at night, to evolve it. The at-night part is intentional, but I forgot to mention it. Huh, maybe the map part was intentional too? 

1 hour ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Nonstop? Please remember to take care of yourself also! Sorry about the bug - I accidentally left a map-check in the evolution code! For now, you'll have to take it under the Grand Stairway to one of the floors with Unown, at night, to evolve it. The at-night part is intentional, but I forgot to mention it. Huh, maybe the map part was intentional too? 

You did an amazing job on this mod Blue Towel. The Generation 8 pokemon are awesome in Reborn. Thanks again for all your hardwork👍 Also, qusstion? Will you be working on a similar mod for pokemon rejuvenation in the 0.7 update or on any other version?

• Veterans
18 minutes ago, Rising Emperor said:

You did an amazing job on this mod Blue Towel. The Generation 8 pokemon are awesome in Reborn. Thanks again for all your hardwork👍 Also, qusstion? Will you be working on a similar mod for pokemon rejuvenation in the 0.7 update or on any other version?

Thanks! I'm not sure right now, to be honest. There is a Memeforms-style Altforms mod being worked on for Rejuvenation, but I know that level of difficulty is not to everyone's taste. Personally, I'd still like to do something. I have an idea for a sidequest island that I think would be a lot of fun, as a way to get wild Altforms in Rejuvenation. The but is, I'm not sure when I'd do it. I'm in limbo while some irl stuff is going on, waiting to start a new project to make some money once that stuff is settled, and Reborn Altforms and the wiki still need a lot of work. I'd like to say yes, definitely, but I don't know what the future will look like by the time I can work on it. Working on v0.6 has taught me that everything takes longer than expected in these kinds of projects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Got my dusclops now and it's awesome. 

What a wonderful update, thanks for your work!

Can I get a hint on the Abandoned Mines for altforms? I'm stuck in the last lift room--big open area with an abandoned power plant. There's a locked building on the left that says "This must open somehow...," a green machine on the left that says "It spins, but nothing happens...", a second green machine that says "No Power...", an unreachable TM Ball on the right, and a bunch of silver tiles that say "Wooloo..." inside the abandoned power plant in the middle. I slept in a bed in the powerplant and got a Spiritomb cry, but nothing else happened. As far as I can tell I've stepped on all the Wooloo tiles. There's a final room in the power plant that seems to be a dead end.

Talking the the NPC in the center hub who is supposed to help with Tech Support hasn't done anything.

Thanks!

Untitled.png.8d470e1b3526cb56fba94e8567f6c366.png

• Veterans
18 hours ago, asterlicks said:

What a wonderful update, thanks for your work!

Can I get a hint on the Abandoned Mines for altforms? I'm stuck in the last lift room--big open area with an abandoned power plant. There's a locked building on the left that says "This must open somehow...," a green machine on the left that says "It spins, but nothing happens...", a second green machine that says "No Power...", an unreachable TM Ball on the right, and a bunch of silver tiles that say "Wooloo..." inside the abandoned power plant in the middle. I slept in a bed in the powerplant and got a Spiritomb cry, but nothing else happened. As far as I can tell I've stepped on all the Wooloo tiles. There's a final room in the power plant that seems to be a dead end.

Talking the the NPC in the center hub who is supposed to help with Tech Support hasn't done anything.

Thanks!

Untitled.png.8d470e1b3526cb56fba94e8567f6c366.png

Ah! Another thing I forgot to do: Add hints from Verity about those ruins.

Here's the hint:

Spoiler

No power? Try finding a power generator. They've been abandoned for a long time, so any fuel in them has almost certainly degraded beyond use. The ignition might be degraded too. Some charcoal and a cell battery would probably work.

The next hint would be:

Spoiler

A vending machine that doesn't vend is suspicious. It may perform another function if the right sequence code is entered.

Then:

Spoiler

There must be a mechanism to open the door. Try looking for a switch near it.

And finally, after getting inside:

Spoiler

I can't go with you to crack a password. If you can find anything belonging to the computer owner, I could give you some suggestions. 

> Bring book (that you'd be able to pick up if I'd remembered to do this)

Spoiler

Hmm... I, P, 4, local host... IPv4 localhost address? 127.0.0.1 probably. If it's not that, try changing the 1 to any number from 0 to 9.

The Wooloo song is a hint as well! 

The Spiritomb sound while you sleep unlocks a new area to come in v0.7 - It was cut from v0.6 to save time, and it looks like v0.7 will be coming sooner than expected since Crown Tundra is also. 

The TM inaccessibility is an accident. I'll get that fixed for the next version!

I hope that helps! If not, let me know and I'll walk you through it. 🙂

• Like 1