Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

1 hour ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! I couldn't reproduce this crash! Which version did you download, and are you using Windows, Mac or Linux?

ALSO I should mention for everyone's benefit do not load other versions of Reborn while you have 8th Gen Pokémon in your party because trying to load the party summary on the main screen with

non-existent Pokémon will crash your game!

Change your party or load another save 

Can I bet to get Galarian Darmanitan by leveling up Unovian Darumaka with a Icicle plate? Because, I don't see G. Darumaka location.

20 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! I couldn't reproduce this crash! Which version did you download, and are you using Windows, Mac or Linux?

ALSO I should mention for everyone's benefit do not load other versions of Reborn while you have 8th Gen Pokémon in your party because trying to load the party summary on the main screen with

non-existent Pokémon will crash your game!

Change your party or load another save first.

Same crash "Script 'Scene Intro' Line 105: Argument Error occurred" "wrong number of arguments(3 for 0)"
To clarify the context of how I got here I had a previous version of altforms already set up, downloaded the latest, and then "Drag and Dropped" the new files into my folder overwriting everything it asked about, I also have a few of the approved mods installed as well such as Set Weather and Mouse Cursor (Both from the modular pack)
*Previous version prior to updating was v.0.5.12.1 (full)*
Edit: FIXED...more or less by removing "Shared PC.rb" from mod folder, must not be playing nice with the latest version of alt forms

7 hours ago, Cotton43 said:

I think I may have found a bug, however this is with mods installed. The game crashes whenever I try to go past the title screen. Curiously, it only does this if there is a save file. If there is no save file to read/load, the game works just fine, mods and all. The mods I have are from SWM and AMB. I haven't seen any mention of a bug like this yet from anyone, so I thought it would be a good idea to bring it up.

I'm also having this problem, stalling at the start screen - I haven't dug into it quite yet though.

On a mac with a freshly patched Reborn btw

Edited by Mroger10

18 hours ago, Mroger10 said:

I'm also having this problem, stalling at the start screen - I haven't dug into it quite yet though.

Hey everyone I think I found the problem, go to your mod folders and see if you have the mod "Shared PC.rb", removing it fixed the startup crash for me ✌️

• Thanks 1

• Veterans
7 hours ago, Rising Emperor said:

Can I bet to get Galarian Darmanitan by leveling up Unovian Darumaka with a Icicle plate? Because, I don't see G. Darumaka location.

Yes! Breed or Evolution with Icicle Plate! It is also in the wild at the following location, if you don't mind the spoiler.

Spoiler

Hidden Slopes - Grass, Night

7 hours ago, DJWongTong said:

Same crash "Script 'Scene Intro' Line 105: Argument Error occurred" "wrong number of arguments(3 for 0)"
To clarify the context of how I got here I had a previous version of altforms already set up, downloaded the latest, and then "Drag and Dropped" the new files into my folder overwriting everything it asked about, I also have a few of the approved mods installed as well such as Set Weather and Mouse Cursor (Both from the modular pack)
*Previous version prior to updating was v.0.5.12.1 (full)*
Edit: FIXED...more or less by removing "Shared PC.rb" from mod folder, must not be playing nice with the latest version of alt forms

I'm not sure if the patch contains everything needed to upgrade v0.5.12.1 Altforms to E18.4.1. It might be that you need to add the v0.6 patch to Reborn 18.4.1 - or get the full version. Saves are kept elsewhere, so it shouldn't impact them. 

6 hours ago, Mroger10 said:

Are you using any mods? E18.4.1? Unfortunately I didn't have anyone with a Mac to test it. It works on Windows and Linux for sure. We'll have to puzzle this out together!

• Like 1

I'm using Windows 10, and I have confirmed that the game works fine without mods. The version of the game is the current full download of the game (I did the patch first, but had the same problem, so I tried the full download, which only worked after I had deleted my save).

image.png.07adb428b7b0be1bfa6c958677343e46.png

That is the error the game gives me once I try to leave the title screen.

At this moment, I started deleting mods out of the folder to see which one is causing the problem. After trial and error, I deleted the Shared PC mod, and that allowed the game to work. My game is running just fine now. I should've done this in the first place, but alas, I was late at night. (Huh... the page didn't update, so I didn't see these replies... aw well. At least the problem is fixed!

Edited by Cotton43

• Veterans
22 hours ago, Cotton43 said:

I'm using Windows 10, and I have confirmed that the game works fine without mods. The version of the game is the current full download of the game (I did the patch first, but had the same problem, so I tried the full download, which only worked after I had deleted my save).

image.png.07adb428b7b0be1bfa6c958677343e46.png

That is the error the game gives me once I try to leave the title screen.

At this moment, I started deleting mods out of the folder to see which one is causing the problem. After trial and error, I deleted the Shared PC mod, and that allowed the game to work. My game is running just fine now. I should've done this in the first place, but alas, I was late at night. (Huh... the page didn't update, so I didn't see these replies... aw well. At least the problem is fixed!

Glad you got it sorted! I'm sorry there's some awkwardness going on with SharedPC. I haven't been able to reproduce this error, SharedPC from the latest SWM is working fine for me. 

I'm running Windows 10, and using Altforms v0.6 with Reborn e18.4.1.

12 hours ago, DarkLugiaX said:

Hey does the egg hatching take longer with this version? I've been walking around through the region but still my Water Gible is still chilling and being lazy in its egg.

It does not, but Gible does have a very long hatching time. 10455 steps!

I've fixed a few bugs that have been made known to me, so I'll get out a new version tomorrow morning (Around 11am GMT+1) with them and the missing Alcremie backs.

Known bugs fixed for tomorrow:

Battles with Galarian Farfetch'd sometimes cause an error and break the battle they're in.

Alt Forms of Abra, Slowbro, Tyranitar and Manectric revert to normal forms after battles.

Electrike's Icicle Plate Evolution is not working at all.

• Like 1

• Veterans
7 hours ago, Drak said:
  Hide contents

Where is the entrance to the railnet via malchous forest? i tried to find it but i couldn't 😞 help please! 

Spoiler

image.png.9494aec99705cd66d17a1024c8005515.png

It only appears pre-Restoration. If you're playing after that, you'll have to access the Undernet from a different location, such as via North Aventurine Woods or Route 2.

1 hour ago, DarkLugiaX said:

Thanks for it. But what about that steel plate thing? Is that an Iron Plate or is there a new plate type in this version?

It's an Iron Plate, yes. :'3

• Like 2

• Veterans

v0.6.1 with bug fixes and Alcremie backsprites is now available. 🙂

Main (V0.6.1) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11f9yRMjl5ZbRyJOBvdo8Wk_Jw5cOKzwn/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (V0.6.1) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 93 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mhlDwYHeCaWrQ7y3cOafRoOPoFO58OTp/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

v0.6.1

Bug Fixes
An error that sometimes occurred when battling Galarian Farfetch'd has been identified and fixed.
A few Alternate Form Pokémon would revert to normal forms after battle, which has been fixed. Affected Pokémon: Abra, Slowbro, Tyranitar, Manectric.
Electrike bug where it wouldn't Plate Evolve has been fixed. 
Hybrid Vulpix should no longer randomly be pure Fire-type, but will still change form when presented with a Fire or Ice Stone without the opposing element Plate.

Tweaks
Galarian Farfetch'd now has Defiant as a third Ability. However, Sirfetch'd does not.

New Sprites
Alcremie backs. All 68 missing Alcremie backs.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

v0.6.1 with bug fixes and Alcremie backsprites is now available. 🙂

Main (V0.6.1) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11f9yRMjl5ZbRyJOBvdo8Wk_Jw5cOKzwn/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (V0.6.1) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 93 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mhlDwYHeCaWrQ7y3cOafRoOPoFO58OTp/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

v0.6.1

Bug Fixes
An error that sometimes occurred when battling Galarian Farfetch'd has been identified and fixed.
A few Alternate Form Pokémon would revert to normal forms after battle, which has been fixed. Affected Pokémon: Abra, Slowbro, Tyranitar, Manectric.
Electrike bug where it wouldn't Plate Evolve has been fixed. 
Hybrid Vulpix should no longer randomly be pure Fire-type, but will still change form when presented with a Fire or Ice Stone without the opposing element Plate.

Tweaks
Galarian Farfetch'd now has Defiant as a third Ability. However, Sirfetch'd does not.

New Sprites
Alcremie backs. All 68 missing Alcremie backs.

May u help me with the Grookey event? I'm having extreme difficulty getting the rhythem to get it. May u get hint or a spoiler to help me out please?

• Veterans

New patch to fix bugs and stuff!!

Main (V0.6.2) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zd_N50AimGGL46bR2JC37D3yBz5q5rOm/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (V0.6.2) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 93 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oX-FHUbDdnozQ416ipUp4LzRXgUuctya/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

v0.6.2
Bug Fixes
Daytime and Nighttime Happiness evolutions are working again.
Clauncher can once again Plate Evolve into Flame Clawitzer.

Tweaks
Flame Infernape now has two Abilities: Slow Start (works great with Flame/Fist Plates), and Berserk!
Fist Greninja no longer requires a special location to Plate Evolve.
Not a new tweak, but neither does Stone Torterra!
Drake Fossil and Bird Fossil locations have been swapped. Dracozolt can no longer be acquired before you can Surf.

New Event
After receiving your starter, leaving the Grand Hall and heading out of Opal Ward, an event will occur in the street that rewards an Arceus Plate based on your starter! Now you can Plate Evolve it at the beginning of the game!
If you can no longer reach the old Opal Ward, an NPC in the Undernet Digsite will give you the Plate instead.

Patch Installation Picture Guide

For Windows 10

Spoiler

1) Find the downloaded Patch zip file.

image.png.14947298587d1bbbdf1638d899397f5c.png

2) Open it and select everything. Copy.

image.png.63b9e8c6821da54807d7357731b43f02.png

3) Go to your game directory for Pokémon Reborn 18.4.1 or PkMn Reborn Altforms v0.6. Paste.

image.png.14d8275bc1cbd1e944d8c91826764e6a.png

4) Select "Replace the files in the destination".

image.png.13b50a0513d977f051294f1699b5552c.png

5) Wait for it to complete and you're done patching!

image.png.69af032efb864e1d44d1141233ff42f1.png

19 hours ago, Rising Emperor said:

May u help me with the Grookey event? I'm having extreme difficulty getting the rhythem to get it. May u get hint or a spoiler to help me out please?

Grookey Event Guide

Spoiler

To catch the Grookey, you need to match the notes played on the rocks.

Each side of each rock plays a differently pitched hammer strike.

You don't need to match the rhythm, only the notes.

After all, you have to run between each side.

image.png.61b871b5435742e107bee5e3c8a4921b.png

The sides are numbered in ascending pitch order on the picture, with 1 being the lowest pitch and 10 being the highest.

You may notice that it goes up to 11. As someone with impaired hearing myself, I know it can be difficult to impossible to solve hearing-based puzzles, so there is a bypass available with Rock Climb.

• Like 2

im not sure if this was intentional but my poochyena reached the level for it to evolve into alternate mightyena but i ended up losing the battle it levelled in and then when i ran from a wild battle shortly after it evolved without levelling again............ not complaining mind u but still, i dont recall that ever happening in any fan game before

• Veterans
20 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

so when it comes to flame infernape's other ability is it dependant on what chimchar's was and if so which ability should i have on said chimchar for the respective ability of my choosing?

Late but Blaze becomes Slow Start, Iron Fist becomes Berserk.

13 hours ago, Giovinco said:

First, good job! I Was waiting for this update.  Unfortunately the Sandbox MOD isn't working as it was on the last version. Does anyone knows if it's really not compatible? 

It is not compatible at this time. I'm not sure if this is because of being based on Reborn 18.4.1 or changes I've made. I cannot give an estimate as to when I can look into this, unfortunately. 

i just thought, there's a bad interaction with the gen 8 mechanics and alternate shedinja............. due to the gen 8 nerf to disguise alternate shedinja will fall no matter what which could complicate things with them i think

• Veterans
1 hour ago, ArcBolt27 said:

i just thought, there's a bad interaction with the gen 8 mechanics and alternate shedinja............. due to the gen 8 nerf to disguise alternate shedinja will fall no matter what which could complicate things with them i think

Thankfully this was discovered in testing! I made an exception for the SpookyGuard Plate interaction.

14 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

It is not compatible at this time. I'm not sure if this is because of being based on Reborn 18.4.1 or changes I've made. I cannot give an estimate as to when I can look into this, unfortunately. 

That explains why it crashed on me the other day.

• Veterans
18 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Thankfully this was discovered in testing! I made an exception for the SpookyGuard Plate interaction.

...which turned out to not work correctly! 

So v0.6.3

Bug Fixes
An error that sometimes occurred when battling or inspecting Galarian Corsola has been identified and fixed.
Arctozolt and Arctosaur now correctly have Slush Rush, not Sand Rush.
The entrance to Southeast Undernet has been fixed and no longer deposits the player halfway up a mountain.
SpookyGuard interaction no longer damages on change.
Belly Drum is now affected by Contrary.
Galarian Yamask -> Runerigus evolution is now Location-based and occurs in Central Northern Undernet (the area around the thing).
Verity and Ana shouldn't unnecessarily block paths now. If they were before updating, try talking to them again.

Tweaks
Galarian Corsola now has a third Ability: Anger Point. Cursola does not.

New Sprites
Shiny Draco Serperior

---

Main (V0.6.3) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xeiM8QTo-oaYwBtsmoLSXs4azw5VRI-4/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (V0.6.3) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 93 MB) 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1anba6eg3JM49r6Eky3hk9hc9Jb1p-ylq/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

• Like 1

• Veterans
8 hours ago, Mroger10 said:

No mods, on a fresh mac download

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 4.52.23 PM.png

Can you confirm that normal Pokémon Reborn 18.4.1 Fruit Edition works correctly for you, please? I don't have access to a Mac to experiment with, and I can see no difference between Altforms v0.6 and 18.4.1 Fruit Edition in PokemonLoad.