Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

On 1/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, BlueTowel said:

The bad news is that I've put off trying to find a way to generate some income with learning programming for too long and now I really need to focus on that until finances settle into a decent place, so I won't be able to work on Altforms until then. I hope to be back to working on this project as soon as possible! I have a lot of ideas I'd still like to realise, as well as polish up existing content.

Until then, I hope you continue to have fun with AFP mods and I look forward to getting back to working on it!

As someone who was playing this mod eagerly until they got back to working full time again, and thus haven't had time to play this game since November, I completely understand what you are going through. I do hope everything goes well for you and that you can return to work on this amazing mod. 

Good luck with your endeavors.

• Thanks 1

• Veterans

Hey, so, not working on altforms at all made me sad! SO!! I'm working on it just on weekends now.

And I've put together a small update! Yay! New sprites and bug fixes~

More updates if more bugs, otherwise time to work on v0.7!

Main (V0.6.10) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 567 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZuIcOSAjPsrNEu410cUpuctN7lyrYhbJ/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (V0.6.10) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qe4BiJ76SXcwN6Gz3Mg1u4JP509kBmTb/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

v0.6.10
New Sprites
Firecracker Sunkern & Egg, Spritzy Sunkern & Egg, Earth Yanma & Egg, Ice Tyranitar
Salvaged Bot Breloom, Insect Trapinch & Egg, Insect Vibrava, Insect Flygon
Fist Electivire, Shiny Fist Electivire, Earth Yanmega, Shiny Earth Yanmega, 
Snow Purrloin, Shiny Snow Purrloin

Tweaks
Spritzy Sunflora now has Drizzle instead of Rain Dish as 3rd Ability.
Chincho Yamask and Cofagrigus can now learn Sunny Day by TM.
Mega Pixie Altaria now has Cotton Down instead of Cloud Nine as its Ability.

Bug Fixes
The Ability limit issue has been resolved! Special Thanks to Cervys for puzzling this out!

Scorbunny-line now correctly has Libero instead of Protean, and Arrokuda-line now correctly has Propeller Tail instead of Stalwart.
Isolated Farm and Southwest Undernet should no longer block off exits into pre-Agate areas early if you ditch Cain at the checkpoint.
Terra now correctly has a Ground-type ace Pokémon.
Mysterious floating potted plant in Vanhanen Castle's upstairs corridor puzzle no longer mysteriously floating.
NPC jankiness in Ancient Shrine should be fixed.
Grotle into Stone Torterra and Wailmer into Sky Wailord evolution methods fixed.

---

16 hours ago, Jem said:

so i have a question 

does this work like if i give my gogoat a meadow plate and it has grass pelt what would happen???

While holding a Meadow Plate, Gogoat's Grass Pelt would be active at all times! So that's 50% Defense boost in any terrain, not just Grassy! :D

• Like 2

Don't know if someone has already answered(haven't been able to find anything)

On game-z all the custom pokemon sprites are missing black lines for their battle backs.

It's fine on game.exe (probably how i'll play it)

Spoiler

image.png.c7428446495a4b16d7f3b4896c57d107.png

image.png

Edited by HK-47

17 hours ago, HK-47 said:

Don't know if someone has already answered(haven't been able to find anything)

On game-z all the custom pokemon sprites are missing black lines for their battle backs.

It's fine on game.exe (probably how i'll play it)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c7428446495a4b16d7f3b4896c57d107.png

image.png

Found a solution

https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/51542-e183-has-been-released-for-all-oses/

Basically you can just save the custom sprites as 32-bit sprites and it appears to solve the problem

credit: Marquis

• Veterans
15 hours ago, HK-47 said:

Found a solution

https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/51542-e183-has-been-released-for-all-oses/

Basically you can just save the custom sprites as 32-bit sprites and it appears to solve the problem

credit: Marquis

Thanks! I keep forgetting to make sure they're all converted! I'll try to make sure to do it next version!!

The abilities "fix" seems to have broken something.

---------------------------
Pokemon Reborn
Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 11, key Abilities

SHEDSKIN

Compiler:1653:in `checkEnumField'

Compiler:1687:in `csvEnumField!'

Compiler:2394:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2380:in `each'

Compiler:2380:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2378:in `loop'

Compiler:2459:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2362:in `each'

Compiler:2362:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2361:in `each'
OK   

This happens each time you make any tweak to the PBS files after compiling, and seems to persist even after you revert the file back. Doing a clean reinstall seems to be the only fix.

• Veterans
8 hours ago, Katabatic said:

The abilities "fix" seems to have broken something.

This happens each time you make any tweak to the PBS files after compiling, and seems to persist even after you revert the file back. Doing a clean reinstall seems to be the only fix.

Whoops! I forgot to update the PBS download for the latest version! You'll need the v0.6.10 PBS files!

Here you go! :D

PBS Files (For modifying Alt Forms for personal use) (.zip)

PBS (Altforms v0610) (439 kb, .zip) (Google Drive)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bird1378 said:

Just out of curiosity how does one get an alternate form

Evolving it normally (By level/trade/stone etc) while that pokemon holds the correct Plate item. So for example if you want an alternate form of Ivysaur you give a Bulbasaur a Spooky Plate and level it to 16. I don't think there is any up to date information anywhere but in general whatever the new typing the alt forms gets, is what type of Plate it will need to hold to evolve into it.

You can also get them by breeding while the female pokemon holds the correct plate. Lastly some can be found in the wild (some are only found this way).

https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Alternate_Forms for a list of current alt forms.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans
2 hours ago, sliversky48 said:

Hi, i really enjoyed a mod for reborn but there are something about a starter pikachu. It seems that some moves cannot cause damage to this pokemon like Shadow Ball, Bulldoze,... . Can you check it pls?

Capture.PNG

Hi! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! :D This appears to be a bug with Light Ball (and similar items?) in Glitch Field! I'll try to get a fix version out over the weekend for you. :D

• Veterans

@sliversky48

Also whoops, zipped it up before remembering I need to sort a bulk image fix for mkxp's quirkiness with indexed pure black. Next time!

Main (V0.6.11) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 567 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IBkRfwtzddXGQVpmv2GOPtSkTv0Wa9Kj/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (V0.6.11) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tSm9TM8IgqafDzad9tYshftOXbG691jM/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

v0.6.11
New Sprites
Shiny Ice Tyranitar, Mega Ice Tyranitar, Shiny Mega Ice Tyranitar

Updated Sprites
Shiny Draco Mareep

New Icons
Pixie Chansey, Pixie Blissey, Fist Electivire

Bug Fixes
Fixed another bug related to ditching Cain in Agate City.
Errors caused by using non-Special Special attacks on Pokémon with SpAtk-boosting items or Abilities that translate to SpDef on Glitch Field should now be fixed.

Tweaks
Sky Grovyle base stats change: -10 SpAtk, +10 Atk.
Sky Sceptile base stats change: -20 SpAtk, +20 Atk.
Mega Sky Sceptile base stats change: -15 SpAtk, +15 Atk.
Mega Ice Tyranitar base stats change: -20 Atk, -70 Speed, +20 Def, +50 SpAtk, +20 SpDef.
Ghost Shelgon and Salamence now learn Moonblast instead of Double-Edge by Level-Up (56 and 63, respectively).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Veterans
6 hours ago, Mishagi said:

Do opponents use alt forms and plate ability synergy? 

Yes! In the current version, Gym Leaders, Rivals, Team Meteor and Platers (new group) all use alt forms in battle. Some of the new sidequests involve opponents that have alt forms too.

However, only the Platers use the Plate-Ability Interactions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans
1 hour ago, sayar said:

so i am planning to play alt forms when i am done with e19 and i wanted to ask if there's gonna be altforms for gen 8 mons

Hi! Yes! There will at least be altforms for the gen 8 starters, coming in v0.7, and after that I'm sure there will be more new altforms including for other gen 8 mons!

1 hour ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! Yes! There will at least be altforms for the gen 8 starters, coming in v0.7, and after that I'm sure there will be more new altforms including for other gen 8 mons!

nice, looking forward to play it

• Veterans
On 3/31/2021 at 2:37 AM, Mishagi said:

LOOOOOOVING the mod! Is there any guide or location about where to find platers and sidequests?

Hi! Glad to hear it! 

Not quite, unfortunately.

At the moment there's this post here but it's slightly outdated, but mostly in that it doesn't have everything rather than inaccurate locations. 

Then there's a little more on the wiki.

https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/Monster_House_Hunt

https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/Totems

https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/New_Areas

Plus each Plate page says where their Plater can be found ingame.

• Veterans
6 hours ago, StormRage said:

I cannot find the ivory key item at mirage tower. Has it been moved to a different place? 

It has not! 

Spoiler

You may be outside-outside the tower, you need to be inside-outside the tower. It's the area after the puzzles.