Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

• Veterans
19 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

no new forms/sprites this time around?

Not this time. No new ones were submitted by others, and I ran out of time yesterday to make some before uploading. I'll sort some more before v0.7 though.

This is how my timeline* for the next version is looking:

1. Fix any bugs in v0.6 as they're discovered, release new 0.6.x versions as needed
  2. Add new areas to wiki - wild listings, item listings, battle listings
  3. Add walkthroughs for all sidequests to wiki
  4. Add wiki pages for Memeforms and Memejuvforms version differences
  5. Try to automate or macro converting alternate form game data into wiki tables
  6. Start work on v0.7 (Isle of Armor & Crown Tundra moves, abilities, items, mons + new altforms areas (2-3) and sidequests (2) + new altforms + new plate interactions + randomiser + 8th gen-only switch)

I'll have natural points to fit in some spritework in 2 and 5 from sorting wiki icons and pictures, and I'll release them in batches as they come.

*There's not a lot of time in the timeline. I don't know how long each part will take.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Not this time. No new ones were submitted by others, and I ran out of time yesterday to make some before uploading. I'll sort some more before v0.7 though.

1. Fix any bugs in v0.6 as they're discovered, release new 0.6.x versions as needed
  5. Try to automate or macro converting alternate form game data into wiki tables
  6. Start work on v0.7 (Isle of Armor & Crown Tundra moves, abilities, items, mons + new altforms areas (2-3) and sidequests (2) + new altforms + new plate interactions + randomiser + 8th gen-only switch)

I'll have natural points to fit in some spritework in 2 and 5 from sorting wiki icons and pictures, and I'll release them in batches as they come.

*There's not a lot of time in the timeline. I don't know how long each part will take.

Make sure you work in taking a break somewhere in that time line, between a whole extra generation and a dlc sized sidequest we have plenty to hold us over until the next version lol

19 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

wait memejuvforms? 😮 nani?

16 hours ago, kithas said:

Is it possible to complete the Monster House (i. e. getting Dreepy) event after renovating the city?

I would assume so since you literally have to get to that point to even fight all the monster houses but I also haven't been able to get past that girl blocking the gym entrance

6 hours ago, DJWongTong said:

I would assume so since you literally have to get to that point to even fight all the monster houses but I also haven't been able to get past that girl blocking the gym entrance

Yeah that's my problem too lol

Or maybe the old man is in other place? 

10 hours ago, kithas said:

Yeah that's my problem too lol

Or maybe the old man is in other place? 

Nah, Blue mentioned specifically that the geezer is outside the gym, so either that girl moves with story progression or it is just an oversight. If its the latter chances are they'll have it fixed next version

Also reporting a bug (I think?) the sweets option in the sweet candy shop crashes the game

• Veterans
On 10/14/2020 at 5:04 AM, DJWongTong said:

Make sure you work in taking a break somewhere in that time line, between a whole extra generation and a dlc sized sidequest we have plenty to hold us over until the next version lol

Maybe! I'm excited to add in the stuff I skipped in v0.6, and to put something fun in the Ancient Shrine!

On 10/15/2020 at 5:46 PM, kithas said:

Is it possible to complete the Monster House (i. e. getting Dreepy) event after renovating the city?

Whoops! Definite oversight. I'll find a new home for him after restoration in v0.6.8! 

23 hours ago, DJWongTong said:

Also reporting a bug (I think?) the sweets option in the sweet candy shop crashes the game

Thanks for the bug report! I'll get that fixed for next version!

2 hours ago, Giovinco said:

Where can I get a Tart Apple to evolve Applin?

2 hours ago, kithas said:

It's in a tree in the Secret Glade where you can find Applin!

To be specific, the Applin you get early on is nowhere near the secret glade, in order get to said glade to get said apple you need to explore the undernet which can be accessed via the onyx trainer school or malchous forest

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, DJWongTong said:

To be specific, the Applin you get early on is nowhere near the secret glade, in order get to said glade to get said apple you need to explore the undernet which can be accessed via the onyx trainer school or malchous forest

Uhhh I may had missed that Applin early on hahah I caught mine in the glade... Where does it appear?

Trash can in North Obsidia by the Night Club, the house it is in doubles as a Zorua event location. Easy to miss honestly lol

Edit: May as well throw in a bug report, Positron Metagross retains the steel/psychic type

• Thanks 1

• Veterans
On 10/18/2020 at 1:01 AM, DJWongTong said:

Trash can in North Obsidia by the Night Club, the house it is in doubles as a Zorua event location. Easy to miss honestly lol

Edit: May as well throw in a bug report, Positron Metagross retains the steel/psychic type

I'm having some difficulty reproducing or finding a reason for Positron Metagross to have the wrong typing. Can you tell me more about the circumstances of it, please?

Working on some graphics when I have time before releasing the latest bugfix version.

4 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

I'm having some difficulty reproducing or finding a reason for Positron Metagross to have the wrong typing. Can you tell me more about the circumstances of it, please?

Working on some graphics when I have time before releasing the latest bugfix version.

Absolutely, I evolved a normal beldum into a positron metang and both had the ability light metal, I then gave it an exp share and evolved it into positron metagross which funny enough also had light metal (Guess I should have also mentioned that since it shouldnt have that ability). After that I figured I would take advantage of the glitch and give it an iron plate for the speed boost. It has the sprite and all correct learnset moves (Volt tackle, phantom force etc) but when i went to check its typing it was steel/psychic. 

Thanks for all the hard work!

Thank you for all the updates, but how is the box link item supposed to work? I can't figure it out.

EEdit Also, I was thinking about working on the wiki some. Would it be okay for me to do so? If it's okay, is there anything that you don't want on the wiki?

Edited by Icoza

• Veterans
7 hours ago, Icoza said:

Thank you for all the updates, but how is the box link item supposed to work? I can't figure it out.

EEdit Also, I was thinking about working on the wiki some. Would it be okay for me to do so? If it's okay, is there anything that you don't want on the wiki?

Technically, the Box Link does nothing! A switch is activated when using the PC in Isolated Farm that adds Storage to the menu.

It would absolutely be brilliant for you to work on the wiki! 😄 I'd really appreciate the help! Feel free to add any altforms content to it!

1 hour ago, Lorelock said:

v7.0 when?

I don't know! I at least have to wait until after v13 of Rejuv releases so I can ask for help, esp. with the ability limit.

Probably sometime early to mid next year.

3 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Technically, the Box Link does nothing! A switch is activated when using the PC in Isolated Farm that adds Storage to the menu.

Sounds good, I'll start working on the wiki and sorry to bother again but which menu does it get added to? I used the prompt from the PC in Isolated Farm but I don't see the option anywhere. Could you SWM or AIronFaar's mods interfere with it?

Edit: AIronFaar's debug menu mod seems to prevent the storage menu option from appearing. It isn't a huge issue since you can access the PC through debug but just thought I'd let you know. I was able to fix it, but it requires editing the debug mod to include the new menu option. Could there be any other incompatibilities?

Edited by Icoza

• Veterans
2 hours ago, Icoza said:

Sounds good, I'll start working on the wiki and sorry to bother again but which menu does it get added to? I used the prompt from the PC in Isolated Farm but I don't see the option anywhere. Could you SWM or AIronFaar's mods interfere with it?

Edit: AIronFaar's debug menu mod seems to prevent the storage menu option from appearing. It isn't a huge issue since you can access the PC through debug but just thought I'd let you know. I was able to fix it, but it requires editing the debug mod to include the new menu option. Could there be any other incompatibilities?

Thanks! I'll add an updated one of those to the main post with v0.6.8 later on. That's probably the only incompatibility with it.

• Veterans

Main (V0.6.8) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wiZzPlaeCEkDjLJ5lkmuWldpTe_wwP1F/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (V0.6.8) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ufvNGsGvOXy0d7XCDyItCm5B55li8GCS/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

v0.6.8

Bug Fixes
The Bird Fossil in Northern Undernet is now accessible.
Aura Wheel now correctly changes to a Dark-type attack while Morpeko is Hangry, but the UI still does not update.
The Monster House sidequest can now be handed in after city restoration - the NPC is now located in the computer suite in Onyx Trainers' School after city restoration.
Crash-free sweets can now be bought in the Sweet Candy Shop in Obsidia Ward.
Splash Plate + Lightning Rod + Thunder should now produce rain more consistently.
Low-Key Toxtricity should now correctly get Minus instead of Plus, instead of Plus and Punk Rock.
Using the PC in Isolated Farm now gives a Pokémon Box Link item when unlocking remote storage access.

Tweaks
Mega Ice Tyranitar Ability change: Snow Warning -> Ice Scales

New Sprites
Galarian Koffing
Fist Ledyba, Ledian, Egg
Rio Spritzee, Aromatisse, Egg

Is there a better place to post bugs so I don't end up clogging up the forum post? 😄 It seems as though alt Charizard lost its back sprite for non-shiny.

Quick fix at the moment is to take a normal Reborn install and go into the graphics folder. Rename 006sb.png to 006b_3.png

Edited by Icoza

• Veterans
9 hours ago, Icoza said:

Is there a better place to post bugs so I don't end up clogging up the forum post? 😄 It seems as though alt Charizard lost its back sprite for non-shiny.

Quick fix at the moment is to take a normal Reborn install and go into the graphics folder. Rename 006sb.png to 006b_3.png

Here is fine! Thanks for the bug report, I'll fix that for next version! 

Hey, thanks for the awesome mod! Very enjoying it!

I have a bug to report BTW, when i try to slide down through this very waterfall, the game stops abruptly without an error or something. I tried to reinstall everything, yet it didn't change anything. Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1dc84d41faba57ae0ed5bb2503640601.png

In addition to that, i really didn't understand what does the doors represent in the vanhanen castle. I really think that i am overthinking something, but for half an hour of trying to give meaning to the puzzle, i am just clueless. i know that

Spoiler

colors and the berries represent each of the eeveelutions, but i dont get what the "sequence" should even mean. 

Good luck in the future updates, 

Edited by Cemre