Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

Nevermind, there's 2 interactable things, thanks for the quick response! Hope you're feeling better from whatever MRI/EEG stuff is going on.

.. I think I've beaten all 8 totem Pokemon (2 per area, right?)

Found an Ivory key in mirage tower!

But I still need more Golden Key Fragments. Are there more totems anywhere? Do I need to find all the wild Meltans?

Edited by asterlicks

• Veterans
15 hours ago, asterlicks said:

Nevermind, there's 2 interactable things, thanks for the quick response! Hope you're feeling better from whatever MRI/EEG stuff is going on.

Hide contents

.. I think I've beaten all 8 totem Pokemon (2 per area, right?)

Found an Ivory key in mirage tower!

But I still need more Golden Key Fragments. Are there more totems anywhere? Do I need to find all the wild Meltans?

The EEG has been suspended, again, due to the pandemic. I'm exploring new medication options, though, which may help. At the moment in the stage of weaning off of one before taking another.

It sounds like the Totem you're missing is...

Spoiler

The Tanzan Depths Steelix. If you already beat it before updating or adding altforms, you can still go to Tanzan Depths to retrieve the Golden Key Fragment from where you encounter it.

The wild Meltans are for Melmetal, but since Melmetal is a strong legendary Pokémon it won't be available before Reborn Episode 19 - when it comes, I'll add in the other 3 Meltan needed to reform it.

• Like 1

Hi! I just wanted to thank you bc I love this mod and am doing a monotype grass-type run actively using it 🙂

Mi question would be: is there any way to enter the cave system under Onyx School after Reborn City's been renovated with the underground railnet? 

• Veterans
9 minutes ago, kithas said:

Hi! I just wanted to thank you bc I love this mod and am doing a monotype grass-type run actively using it 🙂

Mi question would be: is there any way to enter the cave system under Onyx School after Reborn City's been renovated with the underground railnet? 

Hi! Glad you're enjoying it 😄

After Reborn City's restoration, you cannot get into the underground network of tunnels from Reborn City - they sealed it all up! You can still access them from Isolated Farm (via Route 1 -> North Aventurine Woods), Route 2 (into Northern Undernet) and Route 4 (by Rock Climb into Northern Undernet's icy crevasse). There's also a shortcut unlocked in Southwest Undernet from near the Isolated Farm entrance to near the Undernet Digsite entrance.

• Thanks 2

Sorry for all the questions =/

I got Steelix's keypiece, as well! But I'm still missing a gold piece, according to the professor... I went back and double-checked each location to be sure, and I think I got everyone!

Isolated Farm - Dubwool (the daycare is open)

Secret Glade - Trevenant (I have both the sweet and sour apples in my inventory)

Tanzan Depths - Steelix (just got the keypiece!)

Rock PokeSpot - Claydol (the dunes in the upper left are empty)

Oasis PokeSpot - Drapion  (the Pokesnax pedastal in the middle can't be interacted with anymore)

Secluded Jungle - Lilligant (Grookey's area is open)

Hidden Slopes - Can't remember the Totem here, but the Peak/Hill in the northernmost spot is empty

Obscure Oceanfront - Gyarados (the bottom right interactable tile is gone; Gyarados killed me multiple times)

Under Ruins - Melmetal (the cage/boarded up house at the end is empty; Melmetal killed me multiple times)

I'm very curious as to the final boss, and to catch a Cursola!

Thanks!

I can't seem to figure out how to activate the totem in the secluded jungle, any tips/hints? (Might also just be the fact im trying to do it a few badges early). Also any plans for Kantonian Mr. Rime and Sirfetch'd?

8 minutes ago, asterlicks said:

I think the secluded jungle totem requires an item that drops from the restored malchous forest?

Ah...so should probably progress past Kiki first 😅

• Veterans
10 hours ago, asterlicks said:

Hide contents

Sorry for all the questions =/

I got Steelix's keypiece, as well! But I'm still missing a gold piece, according to the professor... I went back and double-checked each location to be sure, and I think I got everyone!

Isolated Farm - Dubwool (the daycare is open)

Secret Glade - Trevenant (I have both the sweet and sour apples in my inventory)

Tanzan Depths - Steelix (just got the keypiece!)

Rock PokeSpot - Claydol (the dunes in the upper left are empty)

Oasis PokeSpot - Drapion  (the Pokesnax pedastal in the middle can't be interacted with anymore)

Secluded Jungle - Lilligant (Grookey's area is open)

Hidden Slopes - Can't remember the Totem here, but the Peak/Hill in the northernmost spot is empty

Obscure Oceanfront - Gyarados (the bottom right interactable tile is gone; Gyarados killed me multiple times)

Under Ruins - Melmetal (the cage/boarded up house at the end is empty; Melmetal killed me multiple times)

I'm very curious as to the final boss, and to catch a Cursola!

Thanks!

Spoiler

Hmm, if all those are done and it's still not working, I may have made a mistake somewhere. The Hidden Slopes Totem is a Sky Steelix, lured using 3 Magnet Powder and an Adrenaline Orb.

If this is done and the doorway is not apparent in the Undernet Digsite, I may have to fix it.

Would you be able to send me your save file if this is the case, please?

It's the Game.rxdata file that you can find in your \User\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn\ or similar folder on Windows 10 or by searching your computer for it.

The final boss will be coming in episode 19, but I think I can put a boss in there for v0.7.

7 hours ago, DJWongTong said:

I can't seem to figure out how to activate the totem in the secluded jungle, any tips/hints? (Might also just be the fact im trying to do it a few badges early). Also any plans for Kantonian Mr. Rime and Sirfetch'd?

Yes, you need...

Spoiler

...to Surf across and up into Hidden Slopes to get the item for it.

And definitely plans for Kantonian Mr. Rime and Sirfetch'd! It's a little bit wanting to see what Gamefreak release in Crown Tundra, and a little bit timesaving to get v0.6 out.

They'll be in v0.7! For Sirfetch'd, I'll be using the beta Farfetch'd evo design. For Mr. Rime, I will have to have a serious design session to find an appropriate spin on it.

59 minutes ago, Bnob1234 said:

Hey Blue, found this after trying to get the Rimbombee egg. 

Rimbombe crash.PNG

Whoops! I accidentally used the form name instead of the species name there. I'll get that fixed before v0.7!

• Like 1

Just now, BlueTowel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hmm, if all those are done and it's still not working, I may have made a mistake somewhere. The Hidden Slopes Totem is a Sky Steelix, lured using 3 Magnet Powder and an Adrenaline Orb.

If this is done and the doorway is not apparent in the Undernet Digsite, I may have to fix it.

Would you be able to send me your save file if this is the case, please?

It's the Game.rxdata file that you can find in your \User\Saved Games\Pokemon Reborn\ or similar folder on Windows 10 or by searching your computer for it.

The final boss will be coming in episode 19, but I think I can put a boss in there for v0.7.

Yes, you need...

Reveal hidden contents

...to Surf across and up into Hidden Slopes to get the item for it.

And definitely plans for Kantonian Mr. Rime and Sirfetch'd! It's a little bit wanting to see what Gamefreak release in Crown Tundra, and a little bit timesaving to get v0.6 out.

They'll be in v0.7! For Sirfetch'd, I'll be using the beta Farfetch'd evo design. For Mr. Rime, I will have to have a serious design session to find an appropriate spin on it.

Whoops! I accidentally used the form name instead of the species name there. I'll get that fixed before v0.7!

No worries, there was a slight workaround for the time being. I chose Rock instead of the others. When I selected Fairy and ground the run time script failed. Hope it helps!

funny thing about the rhybombee egg issue is that the glitch occurs on 3 of the 4 possible responses before you get said egg the 4th issue you get the egg just fine without any errors or anything

if anything i say keep that in there to represent the whole aspect of it being caused by a issue of some sort but at the same time leave vague hints as to the correct response needed to not get said error

It looks like Morgrem for whatever reason wont evolve into Grimmsnarl at the correct level, alongside that it seems that Sirfetch'd only has steadfast and is missing scrappy.
Thanks again for the awesome work!!

Edit: Throat spray also gives an error message and fails to function upon using a sound move

• Veterans

New version! Bug fixes and some new sprites and icons! Yay!

Main (V0.6.6) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CrKHWnqdOp_cM4qU5K9kVVeyyJWBbgvM/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (V0.6.6) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eAqwjDsGC31Me2UBmIH5-rIf1r32GZ5n/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

v0.6.6

Bug Fixes
One Riperior option in the Glitch World Rhybombee event should no longer cause crashes.
One Rhybombee option in the Glitch World Rhybombee event should now cause crashes.
Ser Verity will now offer hints to help solve the puzzle in The Under Ruins.
TM188 Body Press is no longer tantalisingly just out of reach in The Under Ruins.
Morgrem now correctly evolves into Grimmsnarl at level 42, not 52.
Throat Spray should now work correctly and without error.
Ability Capsules should now work correctly with 8th Gen Pokémon that have two Abilities.

New Sprites
Earth Doduo, Female, Egg
Zap Dratini, Dragonair, Shiny
Plague Spritzee
Rock Lurantis

New Icons
Spooky Bulbasaur, Ivysaur
Draco Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Mega X, Mega Y
Iron Squirtle, Wartortle
Spooky Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree
Mind Venonat, Venomoth
Earth Doduo
Wood Hitmonlee, Shadow Hitmonchan
Zap Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite

---

On 10/1/2020 at 9:54 AM, Bnob1234 said:

No worries, there was a slight workaround for the time being. I chose Rock instead of the others. When I selected Fairy and ground the run time script failed. Hope it helps!

Thanks! Sorted! 😄

On 10/1/2020 at 2:40 PM, asterlicks said:

Hide contents

No glitch! Can't believe I forgot to fight the Steelix. Only had 2 Magnet Powders... everything works! Thanks!

Yay! 

On 10/2/2020 at 1:13 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

funny thing about the rhybombee egg issue is that the glitch occurs on 3 of the 4 possible responses before you get said egg the 4th issue you get the egg just fine without any errors or anything

if anything i say keep that in there to represent the whole aspect of it being caused by a issue of some sort but at the same time leave vague hints as to the correct response needed to not get said error

Sounds good!

22 hours ago, DJWongTong said:

It looks like Morgrem for whatever reason wont evolve into Grimmsnarl at the correct level, alongside that it seems that Sirfetch'd only has steadfast and is missing scrappy.
Thanks again for the awesome work!!

Edit: Throat spray also gives an error message and fails to function upon using a sound move

Thanks for the bug reports! Fixed them in the latest version! 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazing quick work!! I feel like I am missing something with the third eevee event, I did the first two but there doesn't seem to be anything in the listed area (The candy store)

On 9/29/2020 at 8:52 AM, BlueTowel said:

Ah! Another thing I forgot to do: Add hints from Verity about those ruins.

Here's the hint:

Reveal hidden contents

No power? Try finding a power generator. They've been abandoned for a long time, so any fuel in them has almost certainly degraded beyond use. The ignition might be degraded too. Some charcoal and a cell battery would probably work.

The next hint would be:

Reveal hidden contents

A vending machine that doesn't vend is suspicious. It may perform another function if the right sequence code is entered.

Then:

Hide contents

There must be a mechanism to open the door. Try looking for a switch near it.

And finally, after getting inside:

Hide contents

I can't go with you to crack a password. If you can find anything belonging to the computer owner, I could give you some suggestions. 

> Bring book (that you'd be able to pick up if I'd remembered to do this)

Hide contents

Hmm... I, P, 4, local host... IPv4 localhost address? 127.0.0.1 probably. If it's not that, try changing the 1 to any number from 0 to 9.

The Wooloo song is a hint as well! 

The Spiritomb sound while you sleep unlocks a new area to come in v0.7 - It was cut from v0.6 to save time, and it looks like v0.7 will be coming sooner than expected since Crown Tundra is also. 

The TM inaccessibility is an accident. I'll get that fixed for the next version!

I hope that helps! If not, let me know and I'll walk you through it. 🙂

May u help me with sequence for the vending machine?

Save the game before you start doing the vending machine. Correct choice gives you a 'ding,' incorrect choice gives you a 'clunk.' Write down the order that gives you 'dings,' and reset from the beginning if you get a 'clunk.' The order doesn't change. I think there's ~10 drinks you have to buy correctly, so about ~4000 money.

Did you get the 'Wooloo' spooky tiles to do anything? Also, were you able to pick up the book at the end of the puzzle? I can't figure out what it's for.

• Like 1

• Veterans
On 10/8/2020 at 4:28 PM, Rising Emperor said:

Excuse me, but how do I get dreepy? I've got all 8 gold fragements and the ivory key/and unlock the ancinet shrine. What else should a do/or where to go to get Dreepy?

After defeating all 8 Monster Houses in the Undernet sections, return to Onyx Trainers' School and talk to the old guy outside the gym arena.

As for the Wooloo song...

Spoiler

Woo = Water

Loo = Lemonade

Soo = Soda Pop

• Thanks 2

Uhhh I think I may have found a bug in the Northern Undernet the part where Galarian Meowth's spawns, after going through a Rock Climb wall, the screen goes dark while the soundtrack keeps playing. The bad thing is that it prevents me from accessing the menu from wich I guess I could have just Escaped. And I don't think I could restart an older save bc for some reason (the fact that I was using the Game-z file?) the last backups didn't exist.

So as this happened into the Mod area I'm reporting the bug, and also leaving the file here in case someone could help me 🙂 

Game_2.rxdata

Thanks!

P.S: Also Octolock is bugged, displays an error message and doesn't have any effect, but this isn't probably new lol

The battle background when surfing on the obscure oceanfront is a blank black screen, not sure if intentional. Also hit a bug where my character stated it was best to turn back and did so in an infinite loop. Also also amazing work as always! 🙂 

• Veterans
On 10/9/2020 at 5:50 PM, kithas said:

Uhhh I think I may have found a bug in the Northern Undernet the part where Galarian Meowth's spawns, after going through a Rock Climb wall, the screen goes dark while the soundtrack keeps playing. The bad thing is that it prevents me from accessing the menu from wich I guess I could have just Escaped. And I don't think I could restart an older save bc for some reason (the fact that I was using the Game-z file?) the last backups didn't exist.

So as this happened into the Mod area I'm reporting the bug, and also leaving the file here in case someone could help me 🙂 

Game_2.rxdata 662.26 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks!

P.S: Also Octolock is bugged, displays an error message and doesn't have any effect, but this isn't probably new lol

I've fixed your save, but it's taking me longer than today to fix all of this round of bugs, so I'm afraid you'll have to avoid that Rock Climb spot for now.

Game_2.rxdata

Thanks for the bug reports! I'll try to get fixes out tomorrow or Monday.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:38 AM, DJWongTong said:

The battle background when surfing on the obscure oceanfront is a blank black screen, not sure if intentional. Also hit a bug where my character stated it was best to turn back and did so in an infinite loop. Also also amazing work as always! 🙂 

Oof, I thought I fixed that in testing, but it turns out not all of the water tiles were set correctly. Still puzzling out what's going wrong with the turnabout tiles. Thanks for the bug reports! I'll get these fixed as soon as I can!

• Like 1

• Veterans

v0.6.7
WARNING!
Please save outside of the following areas before updating, or you may end up stuck inside a wall:

• Northern Undernet
  • Obscure Oceanfront
  • Obscure Oceanfloor

Bug Fixes
Octolock should now be working correctly. Did you know that it also transforms Water Surface into Underwater, and inflicts damage at the end of every turn while Underwater?
The Rock Climb from Northern Undernet's icy crevasse to Route 4 should now be working correctly.
The edge of the map should no longer be visible from the icy crevasse in Northern Undernet.
All battles in Obscure Oceanfront should now correctly take place on Water Surface field, not a black void of nothingness.
The waterfalls in Obscure Oceanfront and Southeast Undernet should now be working correctly.
The turnabout tiles in Obscure Oceanfront and Obscure Oceanfloor are now visible and working correctly.
A new puzzle hint has been added to The Under Ruins.

Main (V0.6.7) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11a49UivI0S-zX_uvg3n5F713EfER-1jF/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (V0.6.7) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tgXnfJRZzBFfBB9uSrK_UYusw-6Xkvt5/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

v0.6.7
WARNING!
Please save outside of the following areas before updating, or you may end up stuck inside a wall:

• Northern Undernet
  • Obscure Oceanfront
  • Obscure Oceanfloor

Bug Fixes
Octolock should now be working correctly. Did you know that it also transforms Water Surface into Underwater, and inflicts damage at the end of every turn while Underwater?
The Rock Climb from Northern Undernet's icy crevasse to Route 4 should now be working correctly.
The edge of the map should no longer be visible from the icy crevasse in Northern Undernet.
All battles in Obscure Oceanfront should now correctly take place on Water Surface field, not a black void of nothingness.
The waterfalls in Obscure Oceanfront and Southeast Undernet should now be working correctly.
The turnabout tiles in Obscure Oceanfront and Obscure Oceanfloor are now visible and working correctly.
A new puzzle hint has been added to The Under Ruins.

Main (V0.6.7) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11a49UivI0S-zX_uvg3n5F713EfER-1jF/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (V0.6.7) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tgXnfJRZzBFfBB9uSrK_UYusw-6Xkvt5/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

no new forms/sprites this time around?