Jump to content

Alternate Form Pack / Gen 8, v0.6.12.2 [E18.4.1]


BlueTowel

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, KingRyan said:

POG bluetowel you're the best. my only constructive criticism is: is it at all possible to make the lighting in the Vanhanen "mirror world" easier to see? the shader on the map kinda makes it hard to make out details IMO. 

 

Hope everything with the meds n the recovery n whatnot is going well. <3 

Yes, I've slated to tune the Vanhanen corridors to be more intuitive and user-friendly. I'll make sure to adjust the lighting too while I'm at it! 

 

Meds and recovery wise, I think I've passed the worst of adjusting to a new medication but it's still an ongoing process. I'm feeling better in a lot of ways already, though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Sunny01 said:

Anyone know how to evolve Sinistea and Milcery? I got their items but they ain't working

Or where is the handmixer for Milcery?

Sinistea has two forms that I'm realising really could have done with at least a placeholder sprite for the second one: one uses the Cracked Pot to evolve into Polteageist, the other uses the Coffee Pot evolve into Polfeegeist (Coffeegeist?).

The handmixers for Milcery are available in the Obsidia Department Store, Fourth Floor: Consumable Items and Special I.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Sinistea has two forms that I'm realising really could have done with at least a placeholder sprite for the second one: one uses the Cracked Pot to evolve into Polteageist, the other uses the Coffee Pot evolve into Polfeegeist (Coffeegeist?).

The handmixers for Milcery are available in the Obsidia Department Store, Fourth Floor: Consumable Items and Special I.

Thank you. The cracked pot and handmixers work but coffee doesn't

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Wintergem said:

Alright, I managed to get this to work but the abilities for most pokemon are blank. What am I doing wrong?

Hi! How did you install it, and what OS are you using? I'm not sure how this has occurred.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

Hi! How did you install it, and what OS are you using? I'm not sure how this has occurred.

 

I used the patch since I had the Reborn folder. I suspect it was something else . I tried removing my mods folder and following the instructions as suggested. (I was using my android phone btw since I have joiplay) the events and everything else was working fine except the abilities. 

 

I used  the main download and added the mods to it and now it works great. So problem solved tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wintergem said:

 

I used the patch since I had the Reborn folder. I suspect it was something else . I tried removing my mods folder and following the instructions as suggested. (I was using my android phone btw since I have joiplay) the events and everything else was working fine except the abilities. 

 

I used  the main download and added the mods to it and now it works great. So problem solved tbh.

Glad you managed to resolve it. :)

 

Little bit of news about the update for folks in general: 

I'm working on a few new sprites to go with the bug fixes and extras coming in v0.6.12, no ETA because I never seem to hit them but it's coming along. 

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hey so I've recently gotten into pokemon reborn and installed this mod because I was looking forward to playing with some of the cool additions of gen 8 and alt forms that I saw included in this. Currently I'm shiny hunting and I noticed something strange when I was trying to find a shiny Caterpie. I found one but it had the sprites of a red Weedle which I thought was strange. When I looked into the battlers folder I noticed an issue in the Caterpie and Weedle lines. And it seems that some of the Weedle pngs are shuffled around into the Caterpie ones. I just wanted someone to look into this and help me. Maybe I messed up something a long the way when I installed the mod (I highly doubt it though since it was pretty much only a matter of copy and paste to get it running). I'd try to fix it myself but i really don't want to mess around to much and mess up my game. I'd really appreciate the help!

Edited by Dekadex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dekadex said:

Hey so I've recently gotten into pokemon reborn and installed this mod because I was looking forward to playing with some of the cool additions of gen 8 and alt forms that I saw included in this. Currently I'm shiny hunting and I noticed something strange when I was trying to find a shiny Caterpie. I found one but it had the sprites of a red Weedle which I thought was strange. When I looked into the battlers folder I noticed an issue in the Caterpie and Weedle lines. And it seems that some of the Weedle pngs are shuffled around into the Caterpie ones. I just wanted someone to look into this and help me. Maybe I messed up something a long the way when I installed the mod (I highly doubt it though since it was pretty much only a matter of copy and paste to get it running). I'd try to fix it myself but i really don't want to mess around to much and mess up my game. I'd really appreciate the help!

Hey! That's my bad, I made a mistake while my brain was melting from health issues, then tried to fix it at a later time when my brain was also melting from health issues. My brain is not melting right now so I'm fairly sure I have this fixed for v0.6.12! Thanks for the bug report!

In the meantime, if you have another copy of the Reborn folder (or the zip) you can copy over the shinies for Caterpie and Metapod to fix it, and probably Weedle and Kakuna too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BlueTowel said:

Hey! That's my bad, I made a mistake while my brain was melting from health issues, then tried to fix it at a later time when my brain was also melting from health issues. My brain is not melting right now so I'm fairly sure I have this fixed for v0.6.12! Thanks for the bug report!

In the meantime, if you have another copy of the Reborn folder (or the zip) you can copy over the shinies for Caterpie and Metapod to fix it, and probably Weedle and Kakuna too.

No worries! I'll do just that then. Really admire the work you put into this mod! It's made the game such an enjoyable experience for me. Keep up the amazing work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, blacksel said:

Very nice mod, although I personally would love to see a version that only includes gen 8 + the new zones with the side quests.

Thanks!

 

Sure! People keep asking so I guess I shouldn't put it off too much longer. I'll try to get this in with v0.6.12, if not then v0.7.

There'll be an option, probably an NPC to talk to, who can disable the appearance of wild altforms, plate interactions and change enemy teams to only use canon (and PULSE) Pokémon. I'll place it at the Grand Hall and probably Agate Circus.

 

As for v0.6.12, it's still coming along! Trying to finish up the new content, then I'll add in that canonisation switch so more folks can have the experience they're looking for. Hopefully done by July!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am curious if you'll have a questline to let you acquire totem pokemon? I kinda wanna use totem steelix after fighting that monster xD would be even cooler if there was the altform variant :p 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, leosaurd said:

I am curious if you'll have a questline to let you acquire totem pokemon? I kinda wanna use totem steelix after fighting that monster xD would be even cooler if there was the altform variant :p 

You can acquire the same species and forms as the totem Pokémon, at least! 
If you're looking for an altform variant of Totem Steelix... 

Spoiler

Check out the Hidden Slopes off of Route 4 / Northern Undernet!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just curious, what do you mean by stuff like dragonslayer sylveon or whiteout glaceon? The pbs even mention them, but using debug mode to switch between the forms has no difference I can find like if you switch combusken forms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Aggrin said:

Just curious, what do you mean by stuff like dragonslayer sylveon or whiteout glaceon? The pbs even mention them, but using debug mode to switch between the forms has no difference I can find like if you switch combusken forms.

They're set to Form 3 for cleaner evolution, as 1 and 2 are for Partner and Bad Eevee. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlueTowel said:

They're set to Form 3 for cleaner evolution, as 1 and 2 are for Partner and Bad Eevee. :)

Okay, so they don't actually change anything then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aggrin said:

Okay, so they don't actually change anything then.

They have different stat distributions and abilities to their normal forms, and may have level-up move changes to support their new stat distributions. The types don't change, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

They have different stat distributions and abilities to their normal forms, and may have level-up move changes to support their new stat distributions. The types don't change, though.

Okay, might try one out then to see any differences

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! So v0.6.12, I could get it out this week, but I think I should postpone that until next week so I can get in a couple of sidequest tweaks (Vanhanen Corridor and Exotic PokéMenagerie) before v0.7. Otherwise it'll be ages! And I think these events need some tweaks.

 

So v0.6.12 next week! 

image.png.22d3d4a08ca3b6ba8a40ccf6f1ee9663.png

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

v0.6.12

WARNING!
Please save outside of the following areas before updating, or you may end up stuck inside a wall:

  • Northern Undernet
  • Obscure Oceanfront
  • Obscure Oceanfloor
  • Vanhanen Castle
  • Vanhanen Labyrinth

 

Added Toggle for Alternate Forms & Plate Interactions
Just want the 8th gen stuff and additional content?
See the purple person in the Grand Hall or Agate Circus for details.
However, some sidestory content will still include some Alternate Form Pack forms of Pokémon.
 

New Sprites
Galar Slowpoke, Slowbro, Mega Slowbro, Slowking, shiny versions
Beta/Regal Wooper, Quagsire
Ice Larvitar, Pupitar, shinies
Sinisfee (Alternate Sinistea)
Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra legendaries
 

Updated Sprites
Shiny Mega Draco Charizard Y
Sky Sceptile, Toxic Mightyena, Shiny Toxic Mightyena, Pixie Altaria,
Shiny Moon Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence, Mega Salamence
Shiny Toxic Gliscor
Shiny Dread Noibat, Noivern
Mind Incineroar
 

Bug Fixes
Ancient Shrine event fixed and made less escapable!
Altered Rock PokéSpot to make chasing and catching the Scorbunny more intuitive and less buggy.
Mega Ice and Space Tyranitars are now the correct type. Tyranitarite is still unavailable through regular gameplay.
Fixed jumping ridges in Undernet Digsite.
Dig, Teleport and Escape Ropes can now be used to leave the Underground Network and return to access points at Malchous Forest, Onyx Trainers' School, Isolated Farm (Route 1), Route 2 and Route 4.
TMs Whirlpool and Retaliate are now a thing, and can be found within Charous Mountain and atop Pyrous Mountain respectively.
 

Tweaks
Icy Scales now gives 25% (down from 50%) reduction to physical damage on Icy Field, Snowy Mountain or while holding an Icicle Plate. Reason: Too good!
Hybrid Ninetales Base Stats Changes: +4 Attack, +3 Speed. Reason: It has a more expensive evolution method.
Discovered Fog Effects! Prettied up some of the new areas a little.
 

Updated Generation 8
Pokémon movepools have been updated to Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra content as appropriate, and new moves and abilities have been implemented. The following Move Tutors are currently available in this version: Expanding Force, Terrain Pulse, Burning Jealousy, Lash Out, Coaching
 

New Content
A Totem Battle has been added to the Ancient Shrine at the end of the Gold & Ivory Keys sidequest. Defeat it to gain access to new Move Tutors!
Newly available Pokémon: Kubfu (if you did a certain thing during the sidestory, otherwise you'll have to wait until next version's content!)
 

Updated Content
The Vanhanen Castle Mirror Corridor Puzzle has been changed a little to make it more intuitive.
The Exotic PokéMenagerie sidequest in Agate Circus has been refined and has new rewards available, including EV training!



Downloads & Installation

If you already have Pokémon Reborn or an older version of Alternate Form Pack, use the patch.

 

Main (V0.6.12) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 586.4 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DllISjUuB142YQnNapURycxcM5xHk4F2/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

 

Patch (V0.6.12) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 114.4 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16RWfmvpSO_oAAlkekNMW27GMsfluaKNY/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've been unable to evolve my gligar into a toxic gliscor. I level it up at night, with a toxic plate, but it never evolves. If there's anyway I can get it lmk. Thanks! 

 

Edit: Even with the new update I can't evolve Gligar

Edited by Pigerts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pigerts said:

Hey. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've been unable to evolve my gligar into a toxic gliscor. I level it up at night, with a toxic plate, but it never evolves. If there's anyway I can get it lmk. Thanks! 

 

Edit: Even with the new update I can't evolve Gligar

Hi! It turns out there isn't a Plate Evolution method for Gligar -> Toxic Gliscor! 

You can get it by breeding using a Toxic Plate, or by catching a wild on in the Rock PokéSpot!

From there it evolves like a normal Gligar into (Toxic) Gliscor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Curious if this pack has assets that can be transferred into the base game. Or alternatively has options to choose which alt forms you want after downloading. Such as removing certain alt forms you dont like/want. Question being how customizable or transferable are the files for the alt forms?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...