Jump to content

Alternate Form Pack / Gen 8, v0.6.12.2 [E18.4.1]


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

It has not! 

  Reveal hidden contents

You may be outside-outside the tower, you need to be inside-outside the tower. It's the area after the puzzles.

 

That was it! Thanks for the quick reply. Love the mod !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pokémon Reborn Alternate Form Pack [E18.4.1]     There is a secret power in this world. One who knows the ancient techniques can awaken the energy within the Plates of Arceus

Hi! Yes, the sprites are free to use as long as credit is given! Check out the sprite status spreadsheet for more information on who made which sprites! 😄   While I'm here, status update!

Alrighty, status update time!   Eventing is well underway. All of the TMs that will be available this side of e19 are placed. Today I finished making the sidequests/puzzles for the Galar sta

Posted Images

On 10/6/2018 at 5:31 PM, BlueTowel said:

The following Pokémon can now be selected as Forms with the ChooseStarter mod and Sandbox mode, and also will breed and evolve into Alternate Forms without Plates if their main parent is an Alternate Form: 
 

  Hide contents

Charmander

So how would I go about spawning in an alt charmander with the choosestarter mod?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 7:13 PM, Tomaso said:

So how would I go about spawning in an alt charmander with the choosestarter mod?

It should be that you take your starter from the table, go into the party screen and select ChooseStarter from the menu, then select the same species and it comes up with a form selection menu...

But it seems to have been broken with the ability limit tweak.

 

I'm not sure how to fix this right now, so for the time being I can offer two work-arounds:

1) Load v0.6.9 of Altforms to select your starter, then change to the latest version.

2) Use Debug Mode to change the Form of the Pokémon from the debug menu. It's 3 for Charmander (because of the megas).

 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. :'3

 

Edit: Okay, I've found the problem in altforms and fixed it, it was literally a single missing 's' from FormNames in the Compiler. 

It, uh, seems a bit inefficient to make a new version to add a single character bugfix, and v0.7 is underway so hmm. Fixed for v0.7? Coming uh, not that soon... So I guess it's use the work-arounds for now. :'3

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 5:01 AM, BlueTowel said:

It should be that you take your starter from the table, go into the party screen and select ChooseStarter from the menu, then select the same species and it comes up with a form selection menu...

But it seems to have been broken with the ability limit tweak.

 

I'm not sure how to fix this right now, so for the time being I can offer two work-arounds:

1) Load v0.6.9 of Altforms to select your starter, then change to the latest version.

2) Use Debug Mode to change the Form of the Pokémon from the debug menu. It's 3 for Charmander (because of the megas).

 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. :'3

 

Edit: Okay, I've found the problem in altforms and fixed it, it was literally a single missing 's' from FormNames in the Compiler. 

It, uh, seems a bit inefficient to make a new version to add a single character bugfix, and v0.7 is underway so hmm. Fixed for v0.7? Coming uh, not that soon... So I guess it's use the work-arounds for now. :'3

Thanks for the update! I'll be looking forward to seeing it!😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeafyRowlet said:

Omg, what you’ve done is amazing!! I have a question about the Dreepy though. Can it be shiny? Dragapult is my favorite shiny so I do want to try and shiny hunt it...Tysm for making this!

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it! 

Yes, it can be shiny!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I have a weird bug in the game. I got all the Golden Key Fragments, and I go to enter the place...and I'm frozen in place. I can't move or do anything. I run forward and I'm stuck, I can't pull up the menu or anything. What's wrong?

Game_2.rxdata

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, sorry to ask again, but is there a way for me to only add the Gen 8 Pokémon and not the alt forms? I don’t have anything against them, I just already had a team planned and some of the typing are different. Also, when a new version is released and I have to redownload the patch, will the Pokémon from the mod disappear? Thank you so much!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Bluetowel

 

I could go on and on about the praise for this game but i'll cut right to the chase. 

 

Scorbunny in the desert poke spot, doesn't run in a circuit, he just goes to the top of the map, and i can't see him unless I go to the out-of-bounds line and i can barely see his sprite but he's not moving at all. even if i go in the cave at the top and back out, he does the exact same thing, just runs from the top of the rock to outside the map bounds. 

 

I doubt this is intended. Any hints for a fix? 

 

TBH i just used debug mode to give myself one when I found the scorbunny since i spent like half an hour trying to chase this bugger out of the top cave to the top boundary of the map and said screw it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 5:57 AM, CaptainMomo said:

Hey, I have a weird bug in the game. I got all the Golden Key Fragments, and I go to enter the place...and I'm frozen in place. I can't move or do anything. I run forward and I'm stuck, I can't pull up the menu or anything. What's wrong?

 

I have the exact same problem. walk in, event starts, get stuck. If anyone knows a solution to this, i would be pleased to hear it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 1:57 PM, CaptainMomo said:

Hey, I have a weird bug in the game. I got all the Golden Key Fragments, and I go to enter the place...and I'm frozen in place. I can't move or do anything. I run forward and I'm stuck, I can't pull up the menu or anything. What's wrong?

Game_2.rxdata 330.64 kB · 0 downloads

 

2 hours ago, KingRyan said:

I have the exact same problem. walk in, event starts, get stuck. If anyone knows a solution to this, i would be pleased to hear it. 

Hmm! I had a quick look and found the problem, the event variable stopped updating halfway through the event. I'm not sure how this happened, I'll have a deeper look tomorrow and try to find a solution and a way to execute it from previous saves.

For now, the event can be repaired using debug to progress the variable (near the end of the variables list) from 11 to 13, but I can understand not wanting to fiddle with variables.

 

 

23 hours ago, LeafyRowlet said:

Hi, sorry to ask again, but is there a way for me to only add the Gen 8 Pokémon and not the alt forms? I don’t have anything against them, I just already had a team planned and some of the typing are different. Also, when a new version is released and I have to redownload the patch, will the Pokémon from the mod disappear? Thank you so much!

The normal Pokémon are still available as well as the altforms, so you can still use the team you have planned. No Pokémon will disappear when updating to a new altforms version, but when Reborn e19 comes you won't be able to safely play your altforms save without an updated altforms version (v0.8 probably).

I will likely include a toggle to disable NPCs and wild Pokémon being altforms, as well as Plate Interactions, in a later version to have a straight gen 8 experience. With my time more limited than before, it's likely to be the e19 version (v0.8) due to the way I imagine the coding to look for it.

 

17 hours ago, KingRyan said:

Hey Bluetowel

 

I could go on and on about the praise for this game but i'll cut right to the chase. 

 

Scorbunny in the desert poke spot, doesn't run in a circuit, he just goes to the top of the map, and i can't see him unless I go to the out-of-bounds line and i can barely see his sprite but he's not moving at all. even if i go in the cave at the top and back out, he does the exact same thing, just runs from the top of the rock to outside the map bounds. 

 

I doubt this is intended. Any hints for a fix? 

 

TBH i just used debug mode to give myself one when I found the scorbunny since i spent like half an hour trying to chase this bugger out of the top cave to the top boundary of the map and said screw it. 

 

Hey! 

 

It seems the circuit loop broke when I tried to make it a little more forgiving some patches ago. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. :'3

 

I'll try to fix all of these bugs for next weekend and get out a v0.6.12!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueTowel said:

The normal Pokémon are still available as well as the altforms, so you can still use the team you have planned. No Pokémon will disappear when updating to a new altforms version, but when Reborn e19 comes you won't be able to safely play your altforms save without an updated altforms version (v0.8 probably).

I will likely include a toggle to disable NPCs and wild Pokémon being altforms, as well as Plate Interactions, in a later version to have a straight gen 8 experience. With my time more limited than before, it's likely to be the e19 version (v0.8) due to the way I imagine the coding to look for it.

Alright, awesome! Don’t rush and take your time, ty again for making this!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the relatively quick response bluetowel, 

 

Luckily I can just debug in a scorbunny and Dreepy for myself since the events are kinda broken, so it's not a massive issue. But I appreciate the thoughtfulness nonetheless. 

 

But I will still try debugging my way through the Dreepy event. Thanks for the heads up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 1:44 PM, BlueTowel said:

For now, the event can be repaired using debug to progress the variable (near the end of the variables list) from 11 to 13, but I can understand not wanting to fiddle with variables.

Hey Bluetowel, what is the name of the variable i am changing to "fix" the Dreepy event, and what should I change it to? 

 

When i break the red crystal wall and the event starts, i get locked in and don't have any way to open the debug menu. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KingRyan said:

Hey Bluetowel, what is the name of the variable i am changing to "fix" the Dreepy event, and what should I change it to? 

 

When i break the red crystal wall and the event starts, i get locked in and don't have any way to open the debug menu. 

The Dreepy sidequest should be working fine. That's the one to take down all the Monster Houses then return to the old man at the Onyx Trainers' School. He's in the computer lounge.

 

For the Ancient Shrine (the bugged event), I'm actually going to recommend not changing variables to bypass the event and get in. I'm adding a little something to the event with the bugfix. And more to come in v0.7 too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello BlueTowel, I am brand new in learning how to write code for RPG Maker XP and I was simply trying to understand how to make Grassy Glide work in Reborn. Since you are working on implementing Isle of Armor content in your next version update, you might know how to code Grassy Glide. I found this post on pokecommunity from user silverlime:

 

Spoiler

Add this to Pokebattle_MoveEffects:



################################################################################
# Adds 1 to priority on Grassy Terrain (Grassy Glide)
################################################################################
class PokeBattle_Move_19D < PokeBattle_Move
  # Handeled in priority
end


Go to 'def pbPriority(ignorequickclaw=false,log=false)' in Pokebattle_Battle and paste the following under pri=@choices[i][2].priority:



pri+=1 if @field.effects[PBEffects::GrassyTerrain]>0 && @choices[i][2].function == 0x19D # Grassy Glide


Find p+=1 if user.hasWorkingAbility(:PRANKSTER) && thismove.pbIsStatus? in Pokebattle_Battler and paste the following underneath:



p+=1 if @battle.field.effects[PBEffects::GrassyTerrain]>0 && thismove.function == 0x19D # Grassy Glide

 

 

Do I just replace all '[PBEffects::GrassyTerrain]>0' with '[PBEffects::Terrain]=2' to make it work in reborn?

 

Edit: I see '$fefieldeffect' being used a lot. Do I replace all '[PBEffects::GrassyTerrain]>0' with that instead?

Edited by YouAreOutOfMy5
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, YouAreOutOfMy5 said:

Hello BlueTowel, I am brand new in learning how to write code for RPG Maker XP and I was simply trying to understand how to make Grassy Glide work in Reborn. Since you are working on implementing Isle of Armor content in your next version update, you might know how to code Grassy Glide. I found this post on pokecommunity from user silverlime:

 

 

Edit: I see '$fefieldeffect' being used a lot. Do I replace all '[PBEffects::GrassyTerrain]>0' with that instead?

 

Hi! Yeah, it's pretty much '$fefieldeffect == 2' for Grassy Terrain. I have it coded but untested right now, I don't believe it needs to be in Pokebattle_Battle twice, but it does have an entry in pbSuccessCheck in Pokebattle_Battler for anti-priority effects (Dazzling, etc.)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dark Champion said:

i love this idea! For my comming out soon pokemon game , pokemon revenge, im making regional variants too! let me know if u need any ideas!

Thanks! I've got more ideas than I have time to implement! It's a real struggle! 

 

Relatedly, this weekend might be too optimistic for v0.6.12, but I'm going to make it my coding session priority until it's done. It's going to have a little more than just bug fixes. :3

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

 

Hi! Yeah, it's pretty much '$fefieldeffect == 2' for Grassy Terrain. I have it coded but untested right now, I don't believe it needs to be in Pokebattle_Battle twice, but it does have an entry in pbSuccessCheck in Pokebattle_Battler for anti-priority effects (Dazzling, etc.)

Thank you for the quick response! I defined the class in Pokebattle_MoveEffects and added the adjusted code into Pokebattle_Battle. I tested it on the starting area NPC that has a Bunnelby and it worked! ^^ Dazzling and Queenly Majesty are the only anti-priority effects in the game that would affect Grassy Glide in Grassy Terrain, right? The only other anti-priority mechanic I can think of is Psychic Terrain but it doesn't stop Grassy Glide entirely.

Edited by YouAreOutOfMy5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YouAreOutOfMy5 said:

Thank you for the quick response! I defined the class in Pokebattle_MoveEffects and added the adjusted code into Pokebattle_Battle. I tested it on the starting area NPC that has a Bunnelby and it worked! ^^ Dazzling and Queenly Majesty are the only anti-priority effects in the game that would affect Grassy Glide in Grassy Terrain, right? The only other anti-priority mechanic I can think of is Psychic Terrain but it doesn't stop Grassy Glide entirely.

Great! Yes, it seems those are the only two needing extra code really. Quick Guard checks for priority itself.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Bluetowel (or anyone) can i get some help with the bad eevee event? The only part of the quest I have encountered is

Spoiler

when Eevee raids the Candy shop and then I forgot what it said and lost track of the quest.

I only came across the Vanhanen puzzle because i was scrolling through the maps in the debug menu and found it and now I really want to try and solve it, but I have no idea how to continue or even start the quest. 

 

Also I don't need a full explanation if one already exists, if there is a guide or hints i could read, i would gladly do the research myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingRyan said:

Hey Bluetowel (or anyone) can i get some help with the bad eevee event? The only part of the quest I have encountered is

  Hide contents

when Eevee raids the Candy shop and then I forgot what it said and lost track of the quest.

I only came across the Vanhanen puzzle because i was scrolling through the maps in the debug menu and found it and now I really want to try and solve it, but I have no idea how to continue or even start the quest. 

 

Also I don't need a full explanation if one already exists, if there is a guide or hints i could read, i would gladly do the research myself. 

Here you go. :)

https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/Vanhanen_Castle_Mirror

 

First part describes the quest line leading up to Vanhanen, the rest is walkthrough for the puzzle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

POG bluetowel you're the best. my only constructive criticism is: is it at all possible to make the lighting in the Vanhanen "mirror world" easier to see? the shader on the map kinda makes it hard to make out details IMO. 

 

Hope everything with the meds n the recovery n whatnot is going well. <3 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...