Pokémon Reborn: Plates of Arceus (Episode 0) [E18.4.1] (Updated 19th Feb '22)

BlueTowel

• Veterans
On 10/30/2020 at 6:49 PM, Cemre said:

Hey, thanks for the awesome mod! Very enjoying it!

I have a bug to report BTW, when i try to slide down through this very waterfall, the game stops abruptly without an error or something. I tried to reinstall everything, yet it didn't change anything. Thanks in advance.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.1dc84d41faba57ae0ed5bb2503640601.png

Hey! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! 😄 Wow, what a bug! I made sure to test it within RMXP, but I should have tested it outside of it too! This is a pretty serious bug so here's an update to fix it!

Main (V0.6.8.1) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
 (Mega Upload, coming soon) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eAEsNN80NWKTPF45YD1A5GFXx5RAlkoP/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract and play from Game or Game-Z.

Patch (V0.6.8.1) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
 (Mega Upload, coming soon) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eQ-zd_F6qLdZVorpkfYwP1PCZqmQm4hb/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

Bug Fixes
Fixed the waterfall in Southeast Undernet.

Tweaks
Added Hatenna to the hat room in Vanhanen Castle.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:49 PM, Cemre said:

In addition to that, i really didn't understand what does the doors represent in the vanhanen castle. I really think that i am overthinking something, but for half an hour of trying to give meaning to the puzzle, i am just clueless. i know that

Hide contents

colors and the berries represent each of the eeveelutions, but i dont get what the "sequence" should even mean. 

Good luck in the future updates, 

It is meant to be a difficult puzzle, Partner Eevee is crazy strong, but making game difficulty just right is difficult too. I should probably put a Hatenna before the puzzle though... So I did.

Spoiler

There are two sequences to puzzle out: The corridor sequence, and the door sequence.
The colours of the corridors and the berry types hint at the corridor sequence.

The doors are trickier, they have no meaningful sequence, but there are four options as opposed to the eight corridors. A sound will play based on whether it was the correct one or not. Additionally, knocked over potted plants will suggest the direction of the next door.

The corridors and doors are mirrored as well. If you enter from the left and keep going left, you will eventually return back to the right side of the entrance.

• Thanks 1

Hello! I've been loving this mod so much, and it's great every time I see any update on it 🙂  

However, I seem to have a few bugs with sidequests (or maybe I'm just too advanced in the plot to do them, I already completed everything):

Spoiler

- The old guy in the Onyx Trainer School did appear in the pc room, but just tells me to have a good hunt even if I already make sure there are no more Monster Houses around.

- The Eevee event I think I started it back in another version of the mod, I didn't get to the second part, and now I restored the Railnet so I guess this is out of reach now

- The abandoned mine, at least after taking down its Monster House, is devoid of Pokémon (tried using Sweet Scent, and it displays the message) even when there's at least a Gen VIII pokémon, Duraludon, supposed to appear there.

- The Pokémon Box Link doesn't appear in Pokégear.

• Veterans
On 11/2/2020 at 7:32 PM, kithas said:

Hello! I've been loving this mod so much, and it's great every time I see any update on it 🙂  

However, I seem to have a few bugs with sidequests (or maybe I'm just too advanced in the plot to do them, I already completed everything):

Hide contents

- The old guy in the Onyx Trainer School did appear in the pc room, but just tells me to have a good hunt even if I already make sure there are no more Monster Houses around.

- The Eevee event I think I started it back in another version of the mod, I didn't get to the second part, and now I restored the Railnet so I guess this is out of reach now

- The abandoned mine, at least after taking down its Monster House, is devoid of Pokémon (tried using Sweet Scent, and it displays the message) even when there's at least a Gen VIII pokémon, Duraludon, supposed to appear there.

- The Pokémon Box Link doesn't appear in Pokégear.

They should all be doable at any point in the story, but from different means.

Spoiler

There are 8 Monster Houses: 
3 in Southwest Undernet, 
2 in Eastern Undernet,
1 in Northern Undernet,
1 in Southeast Undernet,
1 in Abandoned Mine.

If you can't find the one you're missing, please send me your save and I'll find either it or a bug. :D

If you've missed Partner Eevee sidequest events, you can still access the final event after rebuilding the Railnet and getting Adrienn's badge by talking to Plater Sula in Neo Malchous Forest. (Although whoops, while verifying this I found a bug. If she's not working correctly for you, I'll get a new version out to fix it soon.)

I made a typo with Abandoned Mine. The encounters for it are accidentally down the waterfall in Southeast Undernet. I'll get a new version out to fix this next week, or sooner if more urgent bugs.

The Pokémon Box Link should appear in the main pause menu and be called Storage.

10 hours ago, HelpMiiPlease said:

Hey so I’ve been wondering, how do you make the different forms. And if I wanted to make one, what would I do? And would it work it’s other games like rejuvenation?

You'd need to use RPG Maker XP to edit and compile the scripts. 

You can add a new form for a Pokémon in PokemonMultipleForms in the scripts, check out Alolan Vulpix for a good example.

Then TM/MT exceptions are set in PokemonItems, to say which TMs and Move Tutors it cannot learn. Adding new TMs for a form starts in tm.txt in the PBS, which needs RPG Maker XP to Playtest and compile into the game. They're added by species.

It's slightly different in Rejuvenation - TM/MT exceptions are part of PokemonMultipleForms entries, not PokemonItems.

Besides that, you'd want to edit pokemon.txt in the PBS to add a form name for the Pokédex and mod compatibility.

For graphics, you add new ones to Game/Graphics/Battlers/ and Game/Graphics/Icons/ with "_formnumber" after the name, like 012_1 for an alternate Butterfree or 003_2 for an alternate Venusaur (_2 because _1 is Mega).

• Like 1

Hello! 

First, I want to say that this mod seems so dope and all the different forms seems so creative.

I did download it to my reborn (update 18.4) and went through the steps on the first page. The problem I am encountering is that when i start the game, the game either shows the regular reborn game or the reborn altform game.

Meaning that when I start the game, and the 'opening' shows 'character' it says 'reborn arlform', but when there's another character in the opening it says 'reborn'.

Does anyone have any idea what that means?

Edit: Whichever 'opening' I choose to play on I am able to evolve a Venonat, holding a mind plate, into an alt form-Venomoth.  So it seems it doesn't matter what type of opening one ecounter, but it still is interesting why the character at the start screen has such an effect. 

Edited by Bulbasaurbryan
Adding on additional important information pertaining to the subject.

Hi there!

As this mod pack is for Reborn, I'm just wondering whether the sprites are public assets and if it's possible to use some of these sprites in a fan game I am making of my own as custom regional forms? I would be giving credit to the artists (based on the artist's name noted down in the Google Doc) of course, but just wanted to know if that would be ok?

Let me know!
Thank you!

Hey

Just wondering if there is an updated excel spreadsheet for the new pokemon in this game? The last spreadsheet I downloaded (for pokemon locations) is for E18.1

Thanks so much for the new forms, seems interesting. I downloaded this alternative patch today and will see how it plays. 

• Veterans
On 11/5/2020 at 2:30 PM, Bulbasaurbryan said:

Hello! 

First, I want to say that this mod seems so dope and all the different forms seems so creative.

I did download it to my reborn (update 18.4) and went through the steps on the first page. The problem I am encountering is that when i start the game, the game either shows the regular reborn game or the reborn altform game.

Meaning that when I start the game, and the 'opening' shows 'character' it says 'reborn arlform', but when there's another character in the opening it says 'reborn'.

Does anyone have any idea what that means?

Edit: Whichever 'opening' I choose to play on I am able to evolve a Venonat, holding a mind plate, into an alt form-Venomoth.  So it seems it doesn't matter what type of opening one ecounter, but it still is interesting why the character at the start screen has such an effect. 

Hi! I hope you have a good time playing it! :D 

At the moment there is only one out of six title screens that is modified to indicate that it's Altforms. The game chooses one of the six at random!

As for why, I've been trying to decide what kind of title screen modification to make for Altforms, and it keeps slipping back in the schedule. I think the next big version, v0.7, will be a good time for it. There will be enough sidequests to form a theme. :) And from a theme, a symbol.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:06 AM, Jos_Louis said:

Hi there!

As this mod pack is for Reborn, I'm just wondering whether the sprites are public assets and if it's possible to use some of these sprites in a fan game I am making of my own as custom regional forms? I would be giving credit to the artists (based on the artist's name noted down in the Google Doc) of course, but just wanted to know if that would be ok?

Let me know!
Thank you!

Yes! Please credit the artists and where the art is from! If you can, please contact the artists to ask if it's okay to use their sprites as well. I can only rightfully give express permission for my own. :)

On 11/7/2020 at 1:44 PM, Kimi003 said:

Hey

Just wondering if there is an updated excel spreadsheet for the new pokemon in this game? The last spreadsheet I downloaded (for pokemon locations) is for E18.1

Thanks so much for the new forms, seems interesting. I downloaded this alternative patch today and will see how it plays. 

There's a list in the v0.6 patch notes for 8th gen Pokémon locations, but besides that there's the wiki which is slowly getting updated as I have time to do so. :)

https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Alternate_Forms

https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/New_Areas

Have fun! :D

I'm generally finding less time to work on this right now, unfortunately. Between winter bills, the pandemic, Brexit and expenses to prepare for dealing with these, I'm not able to use my PC much. Production may be stalled over the season.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Heliomega said:

This Mod looks very cool !

But I'm wondering, does this mod changes the teams of main characters in the game (like the rivals and the leaders) or does this mod just gives new forms to Pokemons ?

both actually as from what ive seen the first gym leader not only has a gen 8 mon but an alternate form of it that was created in this mod at that, there are a few others as well but i cant recall them all off the top of my head only that one i know for sure

1 hour ago, ArcBolt27 said:

both actually as from what ive seen the first gym leader not only has a gen 8 mon but an alternate form of it that was created in this mod at that, there are a few others as well but i cant recall them all off the top of my head only that one i know for sure

Thanks for the info 😄

• Veterans

v0.6.8.2
Bug Fixes
TM116 (Weather Ball) is no longer in both Hidden Slopes and Southeast Undernet, only the latter.
Abandoned Mine now correctly has wild Pokémon.
Southeast Undernet now has Pokémon in the water.
Alcremie can now evolve without error.
Sweet Kiss Candy Shop no longer gives out Sweets for free.

Main (V0.6.8.2) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CD6Jd_lZVbeAgD4eWek2AZv4Ao-uxEJ2/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (V0.6.8.2) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gN40BucTtz90-jQGZx8AQVC14mlWgvGE/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Extract into Pokémon Reborn game folder, overwrite and replace files when asked, play.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Blue, 

Here are a list with some bugs or weird issues I found while playing:

- Slowpoke is Fire/Psychic not matching the wiki. Slowbro and Slowking seem correct. I have no idea if that is a bug or not, as its level-up movepool has only Psychic and Fire moves, only learning Water moves after evolving.

- NOT TESTED WITHOUT MODS: Mimikyu doesn't lost HP when Disguise is busted. Do you know which fight have Mimimkyu to see if that is mod behaviour?

- Normal Fennekin didn't evolve to Alt Braxien when evolved to with Dread Plate, but normal Braxien did evolve to Alt Delphox. Is that intented? I checked the PokemonAltForms.txt and there is only entry for the Delphox, even though there are _1 sprites for Fennekin and Braxien on the Graphics folder.
- I had crashes while leveling up Happiny. It happened when I level-up, even without Oval Stone, during Night or independent of level-up. 

Spoiler

951288278_Altformsbugchansey01.png.8f590a06b0c33b7085c4f87951b12dc1.png

1665435285_Altformsbugchansey03.png.1a07de43741e5e639e50533bf85bf77a.png

-Also had problems leveling up Alt Sneasel even without any evolution item.

Spoiler

1357612450_AltformsBugLevelupAltSneasel.png.9c2afdfd590b540397601fdfd2ce295b.png

- Had problems with the Gen 8 fossils. I was able to generate Eggs for the fossilized forms that were given to me on the Museum, but when I tried to breed a unfossilized version of them with the Earth Plate and Splash Plate the game would crash when the Daycare man gave me the Eggs. I tried to breed the fossilized version from the unfossilized version with a Stone Plate, but in both cases the Plates stayed on the parents and only produced a unfossilized egg.

Spoiler

719705363_AltformsbugunfossilizedActozoltEggcrash.png.25137c1d5c76d75c914617f4ce4d196e.png720159786_AltformsbugunfossilizedDracovishEggcrash.png.eea24728be9f1169b4983698795c6704.png

- Wild Mr. Mime in Hidden (Sloppes?) are marked as Form 2. They end up spawning with the right abilities, type and moveset, but use the wrong sprite with the normal Mr. Mime. Tried to fix it changing to Form 1 with Debug mode, but it changed its type to psychic/Fairy and it had no moves. End up fixing it by renaming sprites related to 122_1 to 122_2 on the Graphics folder. 

- NOT TESTED WITHOUT MODS: Vulpix on Secluded jungle have Flash Fire and Drought, but have correct moveset. Ninetales are spawnning as intended.

Spoiler

914206479_AltformsSecludedJungleVulpixareGrasstypbuthavenormalVulpixabilities.png.a33ecf42b11ade312e6c9a7dc5964927.png

- NOT TESTED WITHOUT MODS: I found some weird Ponyta behaviour on Valhallen Labyrith. They would spawn without any sprites and would only struggle. I couldn't find any of them after removing the mods, but not sure if its a glitch caused by the mods or I just not lucky enough to replicate the behaviour

Spoiler

1863885982_AltformsbuginvisiblePonytaonVanhannenLabyrinthSomethinglikethisalsohappenedwhenItriedevolveNormalPonytatoFairyPlateRapidash.png.45d7318e5c21cf01d8c01fa07c19dea9.png

97792783_AltformsbuginvisiblePonytaonVanhannenLabyrinthonlystruggles.png.9b85ef2819d4c78b0d97edb0e3153594.png

- Softlock possibility on Secluded Jungle if you arrive there before having acess to Surf

Spoiler

1046765515_AltformsbugSoftlockpossibilityonSecludedJungle.png.e913382f8df8f883d7b12abb28bcfd01.png

- Trying to learn ROCK or FAIRY on the COOLTRAINER dialogue on Rocket Hideout would crash the game. The BUG or GROUND options work correctly, but if I had the mods on they would both give the Rhybombee egg. Removing the mods allowed me to get Riperior Egg, but it would still crash on slecting ROCK or FAIRY.

Spoiler

341429554_AltformsTriedtolearnROCKorFAIRYontheCOOLTRAINERdialogueonRocketHideout.png.7b9386a459c2eaad55ccd88a75e8bfb0.png

I think that was the most serious bugs. There still a couple of minor ones, some clipping and typos, but weren't that important. I also need to take screenshots of them and test if I can replicate them without mods.

This is not a bug, but more of balance issue I think. When you updated Loppunny moveset you removed Return as the the evolution move. GF removed it because they axed the move entirely, but it's such a fundamental part of this Pokemon (Bunneary is the only non-legendary with base 0 hapiness and also only evolve with high which then also allows it to learn Return). It would also allow to bring back Ice Punch as Alt Lopunny evolution move, as currently it can only learn it with the move relearner, and that point it probably would be above level 40 and learned Icicle Crash, and before level 40 it's stuck with just Ice Shard as STAB.

Also thanks for the access to a Daycare after being isolated on Agate Circus, and its shortcuts. Digging the new music, especially the Undernet main area, and exploring the new areas.

• Veterans

v0.6.9
Bug Fixes
Pixie Ponyta can once again learn moves and should not constantly Struggle in the wild.
Happiny and Sneasel Plate Evolutions into Pixie and Ill-Wind forms should no longer cause crashes.
Galarian Mr. Mime sprites should now display correctly.
Alolan, Hybrid and Floral Vulpix should now consistently have the correct abilities.
Defossilised Fossilised Galarian Fossil Eggs should now be given without crashes.
Potential Softlock in Secluded Jungle if exploring without Surf has been fixed.

Tweaks
Lopunny now learns Return on evolution, Snow Lopunny learns Ice Punch.

Main (V0.6.9) (ONLY for Windows, until I get around to freeing up upload space(.zip, 566 MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d9VMmgfTUmJhUy0Je68OzmiHCet2fg--/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

Patch (V0.6.9) (for Windows, Linux and Mac! Reborn E18.4.1 ONLY) (.zip, 94 MB) 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jNaeYf1iFh-VcjAu9PAycFO-5RyjWqAg/view?usp=sharing (Google Drive)

On 11/19/2020 at 10:27 PM, TripleHHH said:

Hi Blue, 

Here are a list with some bugs or weird issues I found while playing:

Also thanks for the access to a Daycare after being isolated on Agate Circus, and its shortcuts. Digging the new music, especially the Undernet main area, and exploring the new areas.

Hey :) Glad you're still enjoying it! :D 

I've fixed what bugs I could reproduce, and some of the issues aren't bugs.

Slowpoke data on Wiki was incorrect. It is Fire/Psychic and gains Water typing from evolution.

Braixen -> Dread Delphox evolution is a reference to the trope of magician's apprentices being corrupted by forbidden knowledge, it is intentional that it is Fire/Psychic then becomes Fire/Dark.

The crashes when choosing a Bad EGG in Glitch World are intentional. 

I ran out of time to investigate the Disguise bug. :(
The rest should be fixed in the latest patch.

Thank you for the reports! :D

9 hours ago, HelpMiiPlease said:

How do I activate the debug menu. I have the debug mod installed but it is not working. I have seen stuff about turning it in through the options menu but it is not showing up.

Make sure you have Aironfaar's Mod Box for Additional Options. It appears here:
image.png.b647c8bfdce9d894e3f19fb502c3a2a2.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. Really nice mod so far, but I'm having a few issues:

Some of the monster mash fights result in an error, stating that group 2 has more than 6 pokemon in their team. I've encountered this issue twice so far, one time with the mobs on the far western side of the tunnel and the second time with the group near the elevator down to the under ruins.

Second issue is that I'm stuck with "Nett's" password. I believe the notepad "Read Me dot text" is a hint to solve the puzzle but since I've picked that up, I can't re-read the text within. I tried some out of the box thinking, looking into the game's readme.txt but there doesn't seem to be a hint either.

22 hours ago, Tiavayn said:

Some of the monster mash fights result in an error, stating that group 2 has more than 6 pokemon in their team. I've encountered this issue twice so far, one time with the mobs on the far western side of the tunnel and the second time with the group near the elevator down to the under ruins.

Second issue is that I'm stuck with "Nett's" password. I believe the notepad "Read Me dot text" is a hint to solve the puzzle but since I've picked that up, I can't re-read the text within. I tried some out of the box thinking, looking into the game's readme.txt but there doesn't seem to be a hint either.

You can obtain the password by talking to NPC for technical support ingame. The NPC is

Spoiler

Sir Verity

• Veterans
On 12/4/2020 at 8:19 PM, Tiavayn said:

Glad you're enjoying it! :D

I'm unable to replicate this error in the latest version. I did have to fix it during testing, though, so it's odd that it's reappeared.  Are you using any mods?

On 12/4/2020 at 8:19 PM, Tiavayn said:

Ah! Thanks to TripleHHH for helping you with this! I knew I'd forgotten to do something... I'll make sure to make the book re-readable once picked up in the next version.

13 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

This mod seems awesome! Quick question, are the alternate forms mostly recolors, or are they full on changes similar to Alolan and Galarian forms?

Mechanically, they're generally full on changes similar to Alolan and Galarian forms.

Graphically, they range from having no new graphics to slight changes to recolours to edited sprites to custom sprites. It's a continual project for the graphics to catch up to the ideas, hehe!

11 hours ago, BlueTowel said:

Glad you're enjoying it! :D

I'm unable to replicate this error in the latest version. I did have to fix it during testing, though, so it's odd that it's reappeared.  Are you using any mods?

Ah! Thanks to TripleHHH for helping you with this! I knew I'd forgotten to do something... I'll make sure to make the book re-readable once picked up in the next version.

Mechanically, they're generally full on changes similar to Alolan and Galarian forms.

Graphically, they range from having no new graphics to slight changes to recolours to edited sprites to custom sprites. It's a continual project for the graphics to catch up to the ideas, hehe!

Sounds good to me! Is there a list of all the forms with images somewhere?

• Veterans
11 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

Sounds good to me! Is there a list of all the forms with images somewhere?

There's a list on the wiki, which is WIP.
https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Alternate_Forms

For images, the easiest way to check them all out would be to look in the Graphics folder in the Patch download.

Eventually they'll all be on the wiki, but progress is slow.

Hey, I’m playing through this mod and it’s fantastic. Currently I’m stuck in Randomos’s castle after beating Adrienn  and I can’t figure out the puzzle. I know that it is looping and that certain doors take you certain places. Sometime when I enter a big door I hear a loud alarm and  nothing happens. However, my brain is smoother than a bowling ball and I don’t understand it. Can someone help guide me in the right direction?

thank you

• Veterans
19 hours ago, HelpMiiPlease said:

Hey, I’m playing through this mod and it’s fantastic. Currently I’m stuck in Randomos’s castle after beating Adrienn  and I can’t figure out the puzzle. I know that it is looping and that certain doors take you certain places. Sometime when I enter a big door I hear a loud alarm and  nothing happens. However, my brain is smoother than a bowling ball and I don’t understand it. Can someone help guide me in the right direction?

thank you

I made a wiki page for it! :D Here you go:
https://pokemon-altforms.fandom.com/wiki/Vanhanen_Castle_Mirror

I hope that helps!

• 1 month later...
  • Veterans

Hey! So here's some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that Memejuvforms has been released! Memejuvforms is like Memeforms in Rejuvenation! 

Check it out here! 

The bad news is that I've put off trying to find a way to generate some income with learning programming for too long and now I really need to focus on that until finances settle into a decent place, so I won't be able to work on Altforms until then. I hope to be back to working on this project as soon as possible! I have a lot of ideas I'd still like to realise, as well as polish up existing content.

Until then, I hope you continue to have fun with AFP mods and I look forward to getting back to working on it!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...