Jump to content

The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread


Amethyst

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, R.B said:

Presumably no one who has a relationship score will die (or at least will die permanently and on all story paths), since those have been stated to only matter for post-game content.

This actually makes a lot of sense and could defo be true! However, we have relationship points currently with Cain, Ciel and Samson, and two of these three people have just been sucked inside a black hole. So ur hypothesis gives me hope that Cain and Ciel will survive being in a place where gravitational force is so strong that it literally bends space and prevents even photons from escaping.

 

Cmon Cain u can do it!!!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

This actually makes a lot of sense and could defo be true! However, we have relationship points currently with Cain, Ciel and Samson, and two of these three people have just been sucked inside a black hole. So ur hypothesis gives me hope that Cain and Ciel will survive being in a place where gravitational force is so strong that it literally bends space and prevents even photons from escaping.

 

Cmon Cain u can do it!!!

 

 

Umm so are they gonna be trapped there forever, or can they be rescued?????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Which one, you didn't answer.

I meant rescuing them. I just don't think the game is going to end on a note with a bunch of casualties. Deaths may make the story more deep, but too many deaths and it comes off as edgy, which I highly doubt they plan on doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must say that Ame and co have done a ridiculously exceptional job in providing us with enough info to roughly speculate on the final events while withholding enough info so that nobody actually knows exactly whats gonna happen. It makes for great discussion and adds fuel to the hype train!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

I must say that Ame and co have done a ridiculously exceptional job in providing us with enough info to roughly speculate on the final events while withholding enough info so that nobody actually knows exactly whats gonna happen. It makes for great discussion and adds fuel to the hype train!!

Very True!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dark Eclipse said:

I think there will be one more death. You know the one: Lin. Or maybe in exchange for freeing the ones in the Void, she will be trapped there?

Yeah the Lin death is bound to happen as seen in Shade's gym, but as Shade said in the Water Treatment Plant, only two people who were in his gym actually die. Corey and Kiki are already past the point of return, which suggests that Lin doesn't die, but we see her getting decapitated which I would imagine would be quite difficult to survive . Therefore the theory that the Lin we see is some kind of projection and that the real Lin is elsewhere seems plausible, and the death we see isn't the 'real' Lin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

Yeah the Lin death is bound to happen as seen in Shade's gym, but as Shade said in the Water Treatment Plant, only two people who were in his gym actually die. Corey and Kiki are already past the point of return, which suggests that Lin doesn't die, but we see her getting decapitated which I would imagine would be quite difficult to survive . Therefore the theory that the Lin we see is some kind of projection and that the real Lin is elsewhere seems plausible, and the death we see isn't the 'real' Lin.

Yeah you might be right. Lin did say to Titania "Steel will not make me bleed". She could be hinting at that theory. Although, how could a projection hold pokemon? How a Projection command a Hydreigon to kill Ame?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bananacake887 said:

Yeah the Lin death is bound to happen as seen in Shade's gym, but as Shade said in the Water Treatment Plant, only two people who were in his gym actually die. Corey and Kiki are already past the point of return, which suggests that Lin doesn't die, but we see her getting decapitated which I would imagine would be quite difficult to survive . Therefore the theory that the Lin we see is some kind of projection and that the real Lin is elsewhere seems plausible, and the death we see isn't the 'real' Lin.

Me and @TheRK9 were actually attempting to decipher what lin is, and by reading Ame's post and a few others on the forum we came to the conclusion that the green hair, crazy strong invincible lady we see is not actually lin. That "thing" we see is most likely a manifestation of power idealised by the actual lin who is in the Citae (the voice you heard and the person Adriann saw climb the tower), who has used baby Arceus' power to create this manifestation. Obviously this is purely speculation and may be far from the truth but it makes sense as Anna could not see green hair lin, as she has no soul, and it would explain how even if she died, like she did in Shade's gym, it wouldn’t t be considered death as she was never alive.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dark Eclipse said:

I think there will be one more death. You know the one: Lin. Or maybe in exchange for freeing the ones in the Void, she will be trapped there?

Wait, that could be it! Either this, or my own theory stands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

Me and @TheRK9 were actually attempting to decipher what lin is, and by reading Ame's post and a few others on the forum we came to the conclusion that the green hair, crazy strong invincible lady we see is not actually lin. That "thing" we see is most likely a manifestation of power idealised by the actual lin who is in the Citae (the voice you heard and the person Adriann saw climb the tower), who has used baby Arceus' power to create this manifestation. Obviously this is purely speculation and may be far from the truth but it makes sense as Anna could not see green hair lin, as she has no soul, and it would explain how even if she died, like she did in Shade's gym, it wouldn’t t be considered death as she was never alive.

OMG that actually seems real!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thisgameishard said:

Me and @TheRK9 were actually attempting to decipher what lin is, and by reading Ame's post and a few others on the forum we came to the conclusion that the green hair, crazy strong invincible lady we see is not actually lin. That "thing" we see is most likely a manifestation of power idealised by the actual lin who is in the Citae (the voice you heard and the person Adriann saw climb the tower), who has used baby Arceus' power to create this manifestation. Obviously this is purely speculation and may be far from the truth but it makes sense as Anna could not see green hair lin, as she has no soul, and it would explain how even if she died, like she did in Shade's gym, it wouldn’t t be considered death as she was never alive.

My theory is that Lin is, in some way, the baby Arceus itself (or as you say, a manifestation/proxy/interface) and all that is happening is either to get free from its encasing under the city, or it's just playing like a child would (and, ironically, we, the players). 

 

And I think Lin already "died", at least in one route, by Titania's hand in her gym? It didn't stick, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kithas said:

My theory is that Lin is, in some way, the baby Arceus itself (or as you say, a manifestation/proxy/interface) and all that is happening is either to get free from its encasing under the city, or it's just playing like a child would (and, ironically, we, the players). 

 

And I think Lin already "died", at least in one route, by Titania's hand in her gym? It didn't stick, though. 

Yea so obviously no one knows for certain, but i think the common hypothesis is that we r exisiting in an alternate time line. In the original time line we die in the train crash, fern is hero but eventually fails to stop Lin and new world is formed. But at some point before new world is conceived Anna wishes on Jirachi to go back in time to stop this. (This much is supported by Miss Direction's prophecy and Ame’s post). However, while everyone else goes back in time, two people become trapped in between those two being the taciturn person wearing red, who is stated to exist by Miss Direction and Ame in her post, and Lin that being the child Lin that Laura describes she once new. How these people become trapped, we don’t  know, but what we do know is that as a result they gain access to unbelievable power (Which makes me believe that it may have something to do with Arceus ), as this person in red and black becomes Shade who can do all type of crazy stuff, and Lin is able to manifest her ego into an invincible 'robot'. This is supported by Lin's seemingly all-knowing nature, she knew that we were not in meteor, she knew exactly when we would arrive at Tit's castle, she knows all of these things because every new timeline, Anna wishes to be reborn but Lin and Shade are not leaving them to witness the same events repeat themselves. However Shade attempts to alter history and prevent new world by changing the present, this is done through saving us on the train. In this game in don’t  believe we r some chosen one, rather some random guy who was supposed to die on a train, but as an attempt to change a variable, Shade elected to save us hoping that in doing so we would be able to stop Lin.

 

Srry that was a bit rambley and long but i hope u get what im saying.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, Bananacake887 said:

How might one go about entering Labradorra? 

I've been exploring maps using a walk through walls mod and I think it might be through the room where Eclipse deactivates the Pulse Clawitzer 

This one

Apparently if you go to the upper left of the map you can see a ladder going up, tho you won't be able to exit at the top

Screenshot_2.png.6f88d64a980117b6242c8131f8275720.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

Yea so obviously no one knows for certain, but i think the common hypothesis is that we r exisiting in an alternate time line. In the original time line we die in the train crash, fern is hero but eventually fails to stop Lin and new world is formed. But at some point before new world is conceived Anna wishes on Jirachi to go back in time to stop this. (This much is supported by Miss Direction's prophecy and Ame’s post). However, while everyone else goes back in time, two people become trapped in between those two being the taciturn person wearing red, who is stated to exist by Miss Direction and Ame in her post, and Lin that being the child Lin that Laura describes she once new. How these people become trapped, we don’t  know, but what we do know is that as a result they gain access to unbelievable power (Which makes me believe that it may have something to do with Arceus ), as this person in red and black becomes Shade who can do all type of crazy stuff, and Lin is able to manifest her ego into an invincible 'robot'. This is supported by Lin's seemingly all-knowing nature, she knew that we were not in meteor, she knew exactly when we would arrive at Tit's castle, she knows all of these things because every new timeline, Anna wishes to be reborn but Lin and Shade are not leaving them to witness the same events repeat themselves. However Shade attempts to alter history and prevent new world by changing the present, this is done through saving us on the train. In this game in don’t  believe we r some chosen one, rather some random guy who was supposed to die on a train, but as an attempt to change a variable, Shade elected to save us hoping that in doing so we would be able to stop Lin.

 

Srry that was a bit rambley and long but i hope u get what im saying.

this makes sense. it would explain how shade new people would die. You know, in the gym?

Edited by Dark Eclipse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to point out that Corey's death was shown in the gym, which was a callback, not foreshadowing. Now, remember what Shade said: "For forsooth, *from foreshadowed,* only 2 will be taken." I believe this means there is still a chance Lin will die somehow. Not saying it's fact, but I feel it is a very plausible theory, especially given how Shade is.

 

Just a thought.

  • Hmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, RocketOSullivan said:

Oranguru@Magical Seed

-Instruct

-Nature Power

-Psyshock

-Trick Room

 

Drampa@X Plate

-Dragon Pulse

-Hyper Voice

-Roost/Razor Wind

-Nature Power

 

Porygon2@Eviolite

-Tri Attack

-Trick Room

-Recover

-Toxic

 

Audino@Audinite

-Trick Room

-Hyper Voice

-Dazzling Gleam

-Helping Hand/Heal Pulse

 

Whatever the last two remaining are, with those mons and movesets you can already say that the Trick Room fight in doubles on the Holy Field suits El like a glove.

Idk. It doesn’t really fit his style. And I also really doubt the E4 will be normal type. I agree on the Drampa and Audino, Oranguru is fine I guess but Porygon is just a bad fit. It’s a man made computer, doesn’t really fit the religious extremist all that much. Something like this would fit him better, (and be more difficult):

 

Drampa @ magicalseed  
Ability: Berserk  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Nature Power  
- Focus Blast  
- Glare  
- Roost  

Sigilyph @ magicalseed  
Ability: Magic Guard  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Stored Power  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Cosmic Power  
- Roost  

Delphox @ magicalseed  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Mystical Fire  
- Psychic  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Calm Mind  

Serperior @ Flame Plate  
Ability: Contrary  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Leaf Storm  
- Nature Power  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Glare  

Audino-Mega @ Audinite  
Ability: Healer  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hyper Voice  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Wish  
- Protect  

Arceus @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Multitype  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA  
Mild Nature  
- Judgment  
- Earth Power  
- Extreme Speed  
- Recover  

 

Arceus is only there in case that’s the way the story swings, otherwise it could be like a Ditto or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2021 at 3:31 PM, Dark Eclipse said:

I'm still betting that Laura will come out with an Abomasnow, maybe will be her mega.

Her entire theme is flowers, if she has a mega it’s definetely a Venusaur. However, I don’t think she will even have one because there aren’t any megas with Chlorophyll/Overgrow/Swarm/etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TheRK9 said:

Idk. It doesn’t really fit his style. And I also really doubt the E4 will be normal type. I agree on the Drampa and Audino, Oranguru is fine I guess but Porygon is just a bad fit. It’s a man made computer, doesn’t really fit the religious extremist all that much. Something like this would fit him better, (and be more difficult):

 

Drampa @ magicalseed  
Ability: Berserk  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Nature Power  
- Focus Blast  
- Glare  
- Roost  

Sigilyph @ magicalseed  
Ability: Magic Guard  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Stored Power  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Cosmic Power  
- Roost  

Delphox @ magicalseed  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Mystical Fire  
- Psychic  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Calm Mind  

Serperior @ Flame Plate  
Ability: Contrary  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Leaf Storm  
- Nature Power  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Glare  

Audino-Mega @ Audinite  
Ability: Healer  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hyper Voice  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Wish  
- Protect  

Arceus @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Multitype  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA  
Mild Nature  
- Judgment  
- Earth Power  
- Extreme Speed  
- Recover  

 

Arceus is only there in case that’s the way the story swings, otherwise it could be like a Ditto or something.

Assuming El is a full Normal user (which is not sure but very likely, and which I personally hope), Porygon2 doesn't fit his personality that much but fits his playstyle pretty well. Normal type + Trick Room (+ an additional field boost for Tri Attack) means obviously Porygon2, and illustrating the fact that P2 is actually a better mon than its own evolution PZ by giving PZ to the Normal Gym Leader and P2 to the Normal Elite 4 is an idea for which I would definitely subscribe.

For Drampa if you want some Fighting coverage I think a set with Fist Plate and both Hyper Voice and Nature Power would be more reliable than a Focus Miss set. Plus Dragon Pulse has a STAB + field boost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...