Aironfaar's Mod Box [E19][Updated: 2022-05-22]

Aironfaar

4 hours ago, Aironfaar said:

Oh hey, the Unreal Time options also check whether they're already in the options menu before they get added. Funny how I missed that, huh.

That bug is now fixed with the newest version. As far as I can tell, there's nothing I can do about the Unreal Time options being added to the options menu underneath my additional options if you open the options menu before loading a game with activated unrealtime password though.

Are ya sure? Well, yes, the options don't get duplicated but huh... The separator still does. At the end of Unreal Time too. Aka the "Additional Options By" one.

7 hours ago, Shiruu34 said:

Does the walk through walls mod from the older version still work in e19 ?

I would advise against using that one particular option. Officially this is still the open beta for Ep19, and there are lots of bug report coming in from players.

As such there is no telling what may break if you skip through certain areas by walking through walls.

If you want to use that, however, pls be aware that this is at your own risk and if anything breaks that's entirely on you.

• Upvote 1

On 8/17/2018 at 2:57 PM, Aironfaar said:

- CHANGED: AMB - AddOpt_ExpScale.rb – no longer provides the Exp. Gain Past Cap option, which has been implemented in the base game with the "hardcap" password.

Hi, is there a possibility to get this option back again? I currently prepare for a new playthrough and I really liked the option to enable or disable this function. How I understand it, the option in the base game is a permanent thing you activate from the beginning and cannot disable it.

Therefore a toggle would still be nice, either for people with old save games, but also for people like me, who don't want to lock themselves into the hardcap, but instead just wants to turn it on, when it gets too annoying.

Edit: I saw the readded "AMB - AddOpt_ExpPastCap" File, but the option itself doesn't appear to be working the way I described above, that you can completely disable the hardcap.

Edited by Buuhuu

On 5/6/2022 at 12:04 AM, Shiruu34 said:

Does the walk through walls mod from the older version still work in e19 ?

On 5/6/2022 at 6:30 AM, mikethemaster said:

yeah it does have the mod just push ctrl control and walk or run and you should be able to walk though anything

Last I checked, the old versions do not work anymore. If they still do, I guess I'll have to take them down for the time being. Which is unfortunate, given that I left them up for folks who still play E18.

On 5/6/2022 at 2:27 AM, Gelius said:

Are ya sure? Well, yes, the options don't get duplicated but huh... The separator still does. At the end of Unreal Time too. Aka the "Additional Options By" one.

I was sure, otherwise I wouldn't have called it fixed. Apparently, my fix didn't suffice.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:00 AM, TheIsolatedWizard said:

Um, apparently the additional options bug on the options menu that repeats it is still happening for me when I downloaded the latest version despite the changelog saying it fixed that

Yeah, I didn't account for something in my fix that required only a change to the mod's master file, and had to touch all of the mod's files after all. It's fixed with v17, which I released just before writing this.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:28 PM, Buuhuu said:

Hi, is there a possibility to get this option back again? I currently prepare for a new playthrough and I really liked the option to enable or disable this function. How I understand it, the option in the base game is a permanent thing you activate from the beginning and cannot disable it.

Therefore a toggle would still be nice, either for people with old save games, but also for people like me, who don't want to lock themselves into the hardcap, but instead just wants to turn it on, when it gets too annoying.

Edit: I saw the readded "AMB - AddOpt_ExpPastCap" File, but the option itself doesn't appear to be working the way I described above, that you can completely disable the hardcap.

Hmm, so far, I didn't implement this because you could just as well get the Exp. All and activate it. While Exp. All is turned on, it's like the hard level cap password was active. As such, the only use case for that kind of option would be that you want the hard cap to be on while Exp. All is off (or not in the player's possession, but since there's a password to get the Exp. All, I'm not sure how applicable this is). That said, do you want to have the option to turn the hard level cap off while the password is toggled on, kind of like unrealtime does it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aironfaar said:

Hmm, so far, I didn't implement this because you could just as well get the Exp. All and activate it. While Exp. All is turned on, it's like the hard level cap password was active. As such, the only use case for that kind of option would be that you want the hard cap to be on while Exp. All is off (or not in the player's possession, but since there's a password to get the Exp. All, I'm not sure how applicable this is). That said, do you want to have the option to turn the hard level cap off while the password is toggled on, kind of like unrealtime does it?

While Exp.All would somehow work, it's not a good solution for me. It would force me to use it whenever I want to have the hard cap, but that comes with the effect of exp all, which I personally dislike a lot at early and mid game.

Yes, a toggle like with unrealtime would be awesome. Though I would prefer it, if the toggle is always present when the addon is installed and not just when I typed "hardcap" as password. If it is possible to add a toggle for this "password entered" status, it would basically restore the old feature but using the native games function.

In whatever way, I would greatly appreciate that toggle to give me the control at any time in the game.

16 hours ago, Buuhuu said:

While Exp.All would somehow work, it's not a good solution for me. It would force me to use it whenever I want to have the hard cap, but that comes with the effect of exp all, which I personally dislike a lot at early and mid game.

Yes, a toggle like with unrealtime would be awesome. Though I would prefer it, if the toggle is always present when the addon is installed and not just when I typed "hardcap" as password. If it is possible to add a toggle for this "password entered" status, it would basically restore the old feature but using the native games function.

In whatever way, I would greatly appreciate that toggle to give me the control at any time in the game.

I mean, you can just walk up to any PC and disable any passwords you previously entered....

I'm not sure though whether or not you need a data chip to disable/reenable passwords you had active at some point on that save....

13 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I mean, you can just walk up to any PC and disable any passwords you previously entered....

I'm not sure though whether or not you need a data chip to disable/reenable passwords you had active at some point on that save....

That would most likely work yeah. Didn't know you could disable passwords, thanks for the info. However it still feels like a loss of flexibility for me. I would use the method, if there is no alternative sure, but if I am not near a pc and want to change the cap or in worst case I would need some items and/or need to be in a special place for reenabling them, it wouldn't be the same as an everytime (free) option like before. I might be a little bit picky, however I enjoyed the freedom to decide it everytime and wherever I currently am. :)

2 hours ago, Buuhuu said:

That would most likely work yeah. Didn't know you could disable passwords, thanks for the info. However it still feels like a loss of flexibility for me. I would use the method, if there is no alternative sure, but if I am not near a pc and want to change the cap or in worst case I would need some items and/or need to be in a special place for reenabling them, it wouldn't be the same as an everytime (free) option like before. I might be a little bit picky, however I enjoyed the freedom to decide it everytime and wherever I currently am. :)

with the remote pc you get via password, you can access the passwords that way which means not needing to be near a PC

18 hours ago, TheIsolatedWizard said:

with the remote pc you get via password, you can access the passwords that way which means not needing to be near a PC

I just tested it with a new file, apparently I also need to have a data chip to disable the password or disabling it isn't availabe right at the start. Also the remote pc would just be a workaround I would prefer not to use, as it might be something I unlock through the game anyway(?) and it isn't usable without data chips it seems.

As I said, I could and will use workarounds for that, like the ones mentioned here, if that feature wont come back. But I would prefer to toggle it like it was possible before with this plugin at any time, without anything I need to take care of (like entering passwords, giving myself things, etc.)

This is just my opinion, but with both the EXP All acting as a soft hardcap that can be triggered on and off at your leisure, and the password acting as a hard hardcap that can only be removed/readded by use of a data chip, there is no reason why we need a mod that adds a hardcap switch to the options menu.

I can see why it is tempting to generally use a hardcap, but occasionally go over the level cap at certain points to get that one move or evolution one badge earlier, but in general, if you want to do that, you don't need a hardcap, as you can simply stock up on common candies, which are not that expensive, and also you can find quite a lot of them as hidden items anyway.

But like i said, that is just my opinion. I'm not telling you how you should play.....that's for you to figure out....

On 5/14/2022 at 11:45 PM, ShogokiX said:

there is no reason why we need a mod that adds a hardcap switch to the options menu.

I see where you are coming from, but I slightly disagree with this one. It's not that I don't understand all the tools there are to handle this, I played without the hardcap before and have used this mod to enable it for a few times, when this mechanic got too annoying for my taste. The reason why the option was removed, was that it is now native ingame. However, I consider the ingame function a little bit inferior to this mod in ep18, in terms of flexibility. Maybe it's wrong to ask here, and instead would be better to ask for an option in the basegame similiar to unrealtime, when the password was entered, I don't know, but I believe for the current status, there is still a reason to keep or re-add that option.

If Aironfaar decides against it, I'm fine with that as well, but I thought it didn't hurt to ask, as I still would love to see it.

Edit: I just looked into it and wrote a small thing for myself, not sure if it is breaking forum etiquette to attach it here (will remove if so), but if someone has the same weird wish for it then it might help them. Anyway, thanks for the feedback you all!

Edit2: Fixed a crash in title menu when opening options

AMB - AddOpt_ExpTogglePasswordHardcap.rb

Edited by Buuhuu

Oh wow, found a really weird bug for AMD - Fabulous Transformation.

-0-0-0-0-
D:/Games/Reborn19WinFull/Pokémon Reborn/Data/Mods/AMB - Misc_FabulousTransformation.rb:648:in `pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn'
PokeBattle_Battle:2824:in `block in pbOnActiveAll'
PokeBattle_Battle:2822:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2822:in `pbOnActiveAll'
PokeBattle_Battle:3431:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:3220:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:1145:in `block (2 levels) in pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:679:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:1144:in `block in pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:1013:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:1143:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:1613:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'
PokemonField:1634:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player_:506:in `update'
Walk_Run:99:in `update'
Scene_Map:104:in `block in update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:101:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `block in main'
Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
Scene_Map:65:in `main'
Main:45:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:26:in `mainFunction'
Main:81:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
Main:80:in `loop'

-0-0-0-0-
Was in the Wasteland when a Munna's Forewarn anticipated my Lycanroc-Dusk's Stone Edge, and the game crashed after.
Aironfaar, might want to look at this.

Alrighty, my mod packs are now updated for the public release of E19. This includes the return of debug menu and walk through walls. Do exercise caution when you use them, though; you can easily mess up your save files by using them, I didn't curate the features of the debug menu so it contains things that outright don't work in Reborn (which usually leads to crashes and potentially worse if you try to use them anyway), and I won't help you when you break things unless I feel like it. Also, if you report bugs of your own debug functionality-borne making to the Reborn devs, they'll come and find you. Their words, not mine. (No, you shouldn't try to use this to facilitate a meeting with the devs.)

With that out of the way, enjoy.

On 5/15/2022 at 2:29 AM, Buuhuu said:

I see where you are coming from, but I slightly disagree with this one. It's not that I don't understand all the tools there are to handle this, I played without the hardcap before and have used this mod to enable it for a few times, when this mechanic got too annoying for my taste. The reason why the option was removed, was that it is now native ingame. However, I consider the ingame function a little bit inferior to this mod in ep18, in terms of flexibility. Maybe it's wrong to ask here, and instead would be better to ask for an option in the basegame similiar to unrealtime, when the password was entered, I don't know, but I believe for the current status, there is still a reason to keep or re-add that option.

If Aironfaar decides against it, I'm fine with that as well, but I thought it didn't hurt to ask, as I still would love to see it.

Edit: I just looked into it and wrote a small thing for myself, not sure if it is breaking forum etiquette to attach it here (will remove if so), but if someone has the same weird wish for it then it might help them. Anyway, thanks for the feedback you all!

Edit2: Fixed a crash in title menu when opening options

I pondered for a few days how I'd implement it, because I didn't want to invalidate the password feature itself. While you found a solution yourself, I figured I'd write the mod anyway. As of v18, the feature is now back in the mod pack. :)

On 5/18/2022 at 9:27 PM, DankManBoi said:

Quick question, for the relearnrework, if i teach a mon say like spite, all other mons that can learn spite will get spite in their move relearner gui?

It's even better than that: If you pay a tutor for a move, which happens when you enter the "choose which pokémon shall learn the move" screen and is a one time payment per tutor move in Pokémon Reborn, all pokémon that can learn the tutor move in question will have it in their move relearner gui. So, in short: Yes, although you don't even need to teach the move to a pokémon as long as you pay the tutor.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, CorEagle said:

Oh wow, found a really weird bug for AMD - Fabulous Transformation.

-0-0-0-0-
D:/Games/Reborn19WinFull/Pokémon Reborn/Data/Mods/AMB - Misc_FabulousTransformation.rb:648:in `pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn'
PokeBattle_Battle:2824:in `block in pbOnActiveAll'
PokeBattle_Battle:2822:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2822:in `pbOnActiveAll'
PokeBattle_Battle:3431:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:3220:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:1145:in `block (2 levels) in pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:679:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:1144:in `block in pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:1013:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:1143:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:1613:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'
PokemonField:1634:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player_:506:in `update'
Walk_Run:99:in `update'
Scene_Map:104:in `block in update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:101:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `block in main'
Scene_Map:65:in `loop'
Scene_Map:65:in `main'
Main:45:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:26:in `mainFunction'
Main:81:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
Main:80:in `loop'

-0-0-0-0-
Was in the Wasteland when a Munna's Forewarn anticipated my Lycanroc-Dusk's Stone Edge, and the game crashed after.
Aironfaar, might want to look at this.

Thanks for the report! I didn't have the time yet to test whether it's fixed now, but I think it should be fixed. One of the updates between E19.08 and E19.12 changed the code that handled abilities on switch-in, which I had to monkey patch to apply the shiny shenanigans to transformations via Imposter. I took the E19.12 version of that code, re-added the changes I made for Fabulous Transformation, and replaced the old version of Fabulous Transformation with it.

If you get to test it before I do (which, tbh, is likely), it would be great to hear back from you whether the issue is resolved with the mod pack's newest version!

7 hours ago, Yatin2999 said:

Hey @Aironfaar, now that e19 has officially been released, could you please include that debug mode feature again. Been waiting for it for a while.

I'm flattered by the anticipation, but do consider that I'm not actually part of Reborn's dev team. Yesterday's public release of E19 surprised me while I wasn't at home for a couple of days, so I did the updates when I returned home today. Personally, I think that releasing it just one day after the public release of E19 is plenty quick. ;p

Anyway, the debug menu and walk through walls options are released and hopefully free of bugs (outside of debug functionality left over from Essentials that doesn't work in Reborn; my mods simply grant access to some of debug mode's functionality, I didn't change any of what it can or can't do), so… Enjoy!

• Like 1

I'm getting a bunch of argument errors and syntax errors with every mod i try to use. Why is this happening? I can't believe these mods were poorly coded with so many downloads..

here goes one of the errors as an example

Untitled.jpg

2 hours ago, madcap said:

I'm getting a bunch of argument errors and syntax errors with every mod i try to use. Why is this happening? I can't believe these mods were poorly coded with so many downloads..

here goes one of the errors as an example

Untitled.jpg

Hard to say based on just that. Are you playing E18.4.1, as the screenshot suggests? If so, are you using the pre-E19 versions of my mods or did you try to use the current, E19 version of it?

Thing is, I reckon you'd have to stick with Additional Options v12 and Miscellaneous Mods v3 at most in E18, but I don't know whether the mods will work even then. I haven't been around between the end of 2018 and the start of E19's open community beta, and a lot of changes have been made to E18 during that time. If I recall correctly, my mods were created for E18.1, and they worked for that version. If they work for E18.4.1, that's cool, but if not, well… I'm afraid I won't be able to provide support for my mods under E18.4.1.

On a side note, why not play E19? It's been fully and publicly released by now, after all.

2 hours ago, Aironfaar said:

Hard to say based on just that. Are you playing E18.4.1, as the screenshot suggests? If so, are you using the pre-E19 versions of my mods or did you try to use the current, E19 version of it?

Thing is, I reckon you'd have to stick with Additional Options v12 and Miscellaneous Mods v3 at most in E18, but I don't know whether the mods will work even then. I haven't been around between the end of 2018 and the start of E19's open community beta, and a lot of changes have been made to E18 during that time. If I recall correctly, my mods were created for E18.1, and they worked for that version. If they work for E18.4.1, that's cool, but if not, well… I'm afraid I won't be able to provide support for my mods under E18.4.1.

On a side note, why not play E19? It's been fully and publicly released by now, after all.

I thought i was playing the latest version. My bad. I will download e19 and try your mods again and it will surely work

6 hours ago, Rubedo said:

Hey! Just wondering if the unreal clock will be added to the modpack at any point in time. Hands down one of my favorite mods, and would really hate to play without.

Unreal time is now part of the password system of Reborn. Therefor the mod is not required any more.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 10:40 PM, ShogokiX said:

Unreal time is now part of the password system of Reborn. Therefor the mod is not required any more.

Thanks for letting me know! I really appreciate that