Pokémon Floral Tempus EX v1.9.4 - RELEASED | 12 GYMS + ELITE 4/CHAMPION

Silent Chord

• 2 weeks later...

So far this has been super great and I love the Phoenix Rising-y aesthetic. Have noticed one very small bug though- the pokeball at the top right of the ranch by where the guy tells you that Pumpkaboo are available doesn't do anything.

But yeah, the game is amazing so far. I'm honestly in love with the hybrid of gen 5 and phoenix rising aesthetics for different areas and the hybrid of gens 3, 4, and 5's music. Conceptually it's amazing, and it's pulled off pretty well. Needs some polish of course but all fan games do at first. Good luck with the development!

Edit: Also, not sure if this is a bug, but the building I believe is called the GH Building with the supposedly mega rich guy doesn't seem to have a functional elevator. Like I said, no idea if this is intentional, but I figured since other buildings with the same elevator model have functional ones I thought it would work too. I should also note that the building where you get the up-grade that has a ton of boxes has the same thing, but that lack of elevator seems more plausible to me.

Edited by BananananaK
Had more to say

I can't remember why I never gave this a look before now. My brain is telling me that either the demo was shorter-sounding than I'd have preferred, or that for some reason it was all because of the pixellated quality of the Professor's initial full-body sprite, which sounds dumb so I'm going with the first one. Either that or I'm being an idiot and this thread didn't exist until very recently.

Either way, this is really good so far~! What little of the plot I've seen so far has me intrigued - I'm eager to keep playing and see if my theory is right.

Not trying to double-post but I found what look entirely like a bug as I was playing.

In the ranch, there's a massive red tree outside that area with the yellow grass and the scarecrows. A textbox pops up when I interact with it but like... way off to the side? All I see of whatever's on it is 'irits rest in peace' because it's so far to the left that it's halfway off the screen. Either it's an error or that tree isn't supposed to have that function, so... just so you know.

Attached an image as well, in case I'm worse at descriptions than I thought.

capture000.bmp

I found what also seems to be a bug- my Torracat has blaze and I was going to use the ability capsule Del gave me to change it to intimidate but every time I use it it just reshuffles to blaze, which leads me to think that you can't use ability capsules to get hidden abilities? I don't see any reason for this, so I figure it's a bug.

3 minutes ago, BananananaK said:

I found what also seems to be a bug- my Torracat has blaze and I was going to use the ability capsule Del gave me to change it to intimidate but every time I use it it just reshuffles to blaze, which leads me to think that you can't use ability capsules to get hidden abilities? I don't see any reason for this, so I figure it's a bug.

its like that in the real games if im not mistaken tho some fan games might change this but just know that its not a bug........ tho the creator might have intended to let us swap abilities with the capsules but im not 100% sure....... so for now take it as it not being a bug unless the creator says otherwise

Edited by ArcBolt27

3 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

its like that in the real games if im not mistaken tho some fan games might change this but just know that its not a bug........ tho the creator might have intended to let us swap abilities with the capsules but im not 100% sure....... so for now take it as it not being a bug unless the creator says otherwise

The reason I figured I'd be able to change to hidden abilities is that all pokemon are able to get them. Since the main games don't have that, I don't see any logical reason whatsoever that would suggest that for some reason hidden abilities for some reason shouldn't be able to be ability capsuled. If it's not a bug, then I think it should be fixed but I'm not the developer. However, neither are you, so we'll see if Silent Chord actually thinks it's a bug. Plus, I find that it's better to report things that might not be bugs than to not report them, since there is no harm done if a bug is reported that isn't a bug but if it is a bug it can be fixed. I often report bugs that could very well just be logical fallacies.

Edit: Found another potential bug, it seems like the trailer on Syringa beach can not be entered even though the door is open.

Edited by BananananaK
Had more to say

5 hours ago, BananananaK said:

There's another item called a dream capsule that changes to hidden abilities. That's why the ability capsule just switches back to blaze. Currently there is only one dream capsule available so far. Sorry for not making that clear earlier.

4 hours ago, Silent Chord said:

There's another item called a dream capsule that changes to hidden abilities. That's why the ability capsule just switches back to blaze. Currently there is only one dream capsule available so far. Sorry for not making that clear earlier.

hmmmmmmmm i coulda sworn i found a second one........... dont remember where i did if i did tho

On 12/10/2018 at 10:38 PM, Silent Chord said:

Ah, that makes sense.

Also, I think I found a bug- it seems like the whole section in Marigold city where you join Electivire/Magmortar is bugged. I went to the Electivire side and went in, at which point nothing happened so I explored to the magma side and walked through the magma entrance guy. Then, I resetted because I figured it was a glitch, and when I came back there was a ton of Electrivire guys waiting around or something. I figured I would have a choice, but since there was no one on the Electivire side I ended up just joining magma.

Edit: So I just finished episode two and was going around tying up loose ends, but there was one thing that stuck out to me. One being that I feel like someone said they were going to give me a good item if I showed them a marowak (likely the thick club) so I wanted to do that but I forgot where they were and I wouldn't want to run across the entire region just looking, Basically, I have no idea where this dream capsule is. If anyone could assist with where it is, that would be cool. I thought I went everywhere and found every item on the ground and talked to everyone and finished every quest, but I never found one.

Edit 2: Found a bug- I was just breeding my incineroar to try and get a hidden ability one, right, and the first egg hatched was a tad odd in that it did not hatch a Litten, it hatched an Incineroar. I don't know if this is a problem for all evolved pokemon, but it is most definitely a bug.

Edit 3: It seems like when breeding you can't get the hidden ability if all you had was normal to begin with... the hidden ability mechanics in this game are questionable so far. That's basically my only gripe with the game, though. It's a bit buggy and crashes a lot but otherwise it has been great besides the hidden ability stuff.

Edit 4: I also have no idea where to get heart scales so if anyone knows that I'd be appreciative, as I'd like to relearn some moves on some pokemon.

Edited by BananananaK

On 12/19/2018 at 3:09 PM, CaptainMetal said:

Bug report:

If a Pokemon tries to use the move Rest I get an error message (see attachment) and then the turn is over.

Reveal hidden contents

restbug.JPG

EDIT: Got another one: Trainer on Route I challenged me even though I was on a bridge and thus on a higher level than he.

Reveal hidden contents

trainerbug.thumb.JPG.ec172659411c58a812d4e72b696d2f73.JPG

First let me say sorry that you happen to ran into those bugs.
The first bug on rest is going to be fixed by next episode and the bridge bug is just something thats out of our control. The NPC's don't follow the same rules as the player when it comes to level and stuff like that, so if you're on a bridge they'll treat you like you aren't.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the level-balance idea for big fights is a cool idea, but for me it feels weird when Faye has lv. 42 pokemon while she does not have the second gym badge yet and you need to fight her for the second gym.
Other than that, I like the game so far. I am now before the 2nd gym, and this game hasn't bored me or anything. So keep up the good work!

12 hours ago, guidy said:

I think the level-balance idea for big fights is a cool idea, but for me it feels weird when Faye has lv. 42 pokemon while she does not have the second gym badge yet and you need to fight her for the second gym.
Other than that, I like the game so far. I am now before the 2nd gym, and this game hasn't bored me or anything. So keep up the good work!

Hey! Thanks for playing! In development we also thought about that issue with Faye and Del's levels not being line with the gym badges, but we left it in just for difficulty's sake. Hope you enjoy the game!

On 12/29/2018 at 7:58 AM, Silent Chord said:

the bridge bug is just something thats out of our control. The NPC's don't follow the same rules as the player when it comes to level and stuff like that, so if you're on a bridge they'll treat you like you aren't.

Shouldn't you be able to restrict how far the NPC in question can "see"? there's plenty off cases in games where NPCs will only spot the player when they've approached to a certain point because letting them move any more could potentially block the players' path.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

is the aggronite available in this release? ive been wanting to use my aggron for mega for ages

also the first new gym's puzzles may be somewhat difficult for a few people, especially those who dont have a habit of studying about farm animals 😕 this last question in that gym is killing me >.<

just downloaded the update and it didnt look like there was anything inside the folder............ i enabled the ability to see hidden files and there was still nothing located inside the update folder, plus the size of the download seemed rather................... excessively small, like less than even 1KB small

7 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

just downloaded the update and it didnt look like there was anything inside the folder............ i enabled the ability to see hidden files and there was still nothing located inside the update folder, plus the size of the download seemed rather................... excessively small, like less than even 1KB small

Sorry about that. Had a huge brain fart.
Try downloading it again, should be working fine now.