Postscriptum: Fated Epistle ~ Express Update (X1.2)

On 9/8/2018 at 9:12 PM, Urusius said:

Oof, that's a relief! Well played Aenaon 🙂 I'm really enjoying the game so far, keep up the good work (even if I'm always lost because I forget where the dialogues told me to go lol)

Is it possible someday to put a an app that tell you on the map where to go when you're doing the story?

Sorry, we won't be implementing this anytime soon. The reason for this is design-related. Something similar to an in-game map might be available after a specific point in the story, however.

Also, v3.4.5 is out - fixed a couple of bugs.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the world of Postscriptum.   Follow the steps of the protagonist, a melancholic young adult stricken by unemployment and paralyzed by a chronic care-free and lethargi

This sometimes happens when a)the browser's cache is filled to the brim (or there's some kind of Mega cookie problem) b) You had the browser open for a long time and then proceeded to download from Me

Excuse me for intervening, but we would really appreciate discussion of such matters being kept to a minimum. Please understand that it is not the discussion of such topics per se that is the proble

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Urusius said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can't find the anwser to the riddle of Old Artemisia 😞 And I'm stuck since English is not my first language 😂 Someone help pls

Spoiler

Psst there's a walkthrough, you know, it's right under the review tab, main thread.

1st pillar  = A
3rd pillar   =  H
5th pillar  = E
last pillar  = A

So I have been following the walkthrough that you made to try and figure out where to go, but now I'm at a bit of a loss.

Spoiler

I'm currently trying to go to the other city districts or something. To recount what I did previously, I went to route 0, got my starter, got the letter, got the budew, had the budew 'healed' at the courier's place, gave the letter to the boss, and then did the university and middle aged woman sidequest. Supposedly now I'm supposed to talk to four people in order, which I did, I talked to the guy in picture 1 then went straight to talk to the guy in picture 2 then straight to the guy in picture 3 and talked to him. I then went into the apartment and walked straight west, went into the southernmost room, and talked to the guy in the bottom left corner (on the first floor). Supposedly, I should've been warped outside and then been able to go into a manhole or something, but literally nothing happened. What am I supposed to do?

2 hours ago, BananananaK said:

So I have been following the walkthrough that you made to try and figure out where to go, but now I'm at a bit of a loss.

Hide contents

I'm currently trying to go to the other city districts or something. To recount what I did previously, I went to route 0, got my starter, got the letter, got the budew, had the budew 'healed' at the courier's place, gave the letter to the boss, and then did the university and middle aged woman sidequest. Supposedly now I'm supposed to talk to four people in order, which I did, I talked to the guy in picture 1 then went straight to talk to the guy in picture 2 then straight to the guy in picture 3 and talked to him. I then went into the apartment and walked straight west, went into the southernmost room, and talked to the guy in the bottom left corner (on the first floor). Supposedly, I should've been warped outside and then been able to go into a manhole or something, but literally nothing happened. What am I supposed to do?

Spoiler

Hello, are you sure he is the one you were supposed to talk to?  Can you screencap that (e.g. his response)? In case he really is our guy, then...I'll have to take a look at your savefile. It seems you've done everything right so far. Just to make sure, did the guys before say stuff like "if X then Y". Did the last guy (the cop) say anything about entering an apartment "to his right"?

13 minutes ago, BananananaK said:

Nope. They all had the same dialogue as they had before I even got my starter, which I thought was odd. Is my savefile broken then?

Unlikely.  I can unstuck you either way, but I'd like to take a look just to make sure you haven't overlooked anything (so I can actually know whether this is a bug or not)

Edited by AenaonDusky
43 minutes ago, BananananaK said:

Sounds good, here's my save file.

Game.rxdata

Alright, here's what's going on.

Spoiler

After handing the letter over to Boss, MC says something along the lines of: "I 'll be heading to Route 0 again, in order to search for clues regarding the "mysterious recipient". (This is your very first mission).
So you actually need to go to Route 0 once more. After that, you have to talk to the Boss again. Then, you'll be able to talk to all those people and subsequently find that particular entrance.

Sorry for making this unclear! We thought MC mentioning this would have been enough. I'll be updating the walkthrough to make this more clear.
Although with all this back and forth...it can get quite annoying and unnecessarily convoluted. (but it kinda has to be like this, well, almost, .....so we're sorry 😢 )

Anyway, everything is fine. Here's your savefile (Saved just before the last guy) so you don't have to go through all that hassle. We're sorry for the inconvenience!
Game.rxdata

Edited by AenaonDusky
2 hours ago, AenaonDusky said:

Alright, here's what's going on.

Hide contents

After handing the letter over to Boss, MC says something along the lines of: "I 'll be heading to Route 0 again, in order to search for clues regarding the "mysterious recipient". (This is your very first mission).
So you actually need to go to Route 0 once more. After that, you have to talk to the Boss again. Then, you'll be able to talk to all those people and subsequently find that particular entrance.

Sorry for making this unclear! We thought MC mentioning this would have been enough. I'll be updating the walkthrough to make this more clear.
Although with all this back and forth...it can get quite annoying and unnecessarily convoluted. (but it kinda has to be like this, well, almost, .....so we're sorry 😢 )

Anyway, everything is fine. Here's your savefile (Saved just before the last guy) so you don't have to go through all that hassle. We're sorry for the inconvenience!
Game.rxdata

Ah, no problem. I suppose now that you mention it I remember reading that line but I totally forgot like the second after reading it 😛 Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/23/2018 at 4:35 AM, Anthony810 said:

I keep getting a decryption error when trying to download. 😕 Please provide a download on Mediafire if possible.

This sometimes happens when a)the browser's cache is filled to the brim (or there's some kind of Mega cookie problem) b) You had the browser open for a long time and then proceeded to download from Mega.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:21 AM, Eyobed said:

I am confused what I am supposed to do to find the first guy in order to get to north east...! Please HElp!

You must be referring to that particular sequence. There's two requirements:

Spoiler

Talk to the Policeman outside the University after obtaining your starter.
Go to the Mission Lady, take up the mission.
Return to the University and find the woman inside.

Make sure you have talked to the Boss. Go to Route 0 again, you will be called back.
Return and talk to the Boss again.
Talk to those 3 people in the order mentioned in the walkthrough.
Enter the apartments to the left of the exit to Western Artemisia, talk to a man on the far left lower corner of the map.

On 10/31/2018 at 12:11 AM, RebornHu said:

Reveal hidden contents

Where do i find Mr.Mortimer? for disguise

Nvm for people that don't know it he is in the beginning area at the pub

Reveal hidden contents

Im at Guiltrip and i can't get out Naamloos.thumb.png.31f478c91ce919925d3be605ab011e36.png

Spoiler

Just wait until the timer runs out, then find that mirror at the center of the map (each tree marks a "corner" of the map, so you can use those as a reference)

On 12/6/2018 at 7:37 PM, HippoSheep said:

Im loving the game, however I am having trouble beating the gang boss. Any tips?

Spoiler

-Deliby can Yawn-switch when fighting against Liepard and then Ice Ball sweep until Tentacruel
-Fletchinder may be able to do some damage to Liepard before switching. In case Sharpedo has
been paralyzed or is asleep, Growl can be used to lower its attack as well.
-Deliby can also Yawn-switch to Galvantula/Joltik, and proceed to attack from there. Fletchinder can be used
as a chance to heal your other mons using items.
-If you do have the focus sash, you can always use that to withstand a potential one hit ko attack from Sharpedo, when
using Joltik.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:59 PM, Sayaman said:

I tried to download the game but everytime after downloading 4.5 mb it say temporary error and its stuck there no matter how many restarts i do. Any tips about what to do?

See my reply to Anthony. In short: clear your browser's cache, or at least restart your browser and then immediately download the game.
Newest Firefox seems to be working fine.

Please update your game everyone.

UPDATE 3.5.0
Hello ladies and gentlemen,
a new update is here. This still isn't episode 4 (it'll come eventually), but a lot of improvements have been made - improvements that warrant a current episode update.
This is a bit more than a simple qol update - most of the bugfixes and changes are minor but there's whole bunch of 'em. It is the recommended version for anyone wishing to start a new playthrough as well.

Changelog:

Spoiler

-Fixed a lot of the graphics
-Tile fixes as well
-Vernacular reduced even more, lotta typos fixed
-Improved dialogue flow
-Fixed name display
-Cutscene and event presentation improved
-Night wild Battle Theme added, better Route themes, added Trainer Battle Theme variations among trainer types
-Cianwood City looks more like a proper city now
-New Events added
-Interior Map size reduced
-A number of minor bugs fixed
-Changed Title Screen and waiting screen
-Refined certain parts of the game
-Changed Game Icon
-Changed parts of the lore to reflect the recent Galar Region reveal (So no more Albeon now). UK counterpart is now officially in the games lol!

Aside from that we'd like to announce that we're now accepting:
==========SIDEQUEST SUBMISSIONS!============
Make sure you're done with the episode first, spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

Sidequest submissions are open! The rules are as follows:
A)Sidequest completion has to obey the "no reward" theme.
B)Sidequests should have some sort of thematic relation to the game.
C)They can be related to each other
D)Trade sequences are alright
E)Backtracking annoyance is alright
F)The more character and charm there is, the better
G)Pokemon cannot be caught at this stage in the game
H)Of course, things that are still out of reach and fake sidequests can be a thing. Wasting the
Courier's time is fair game. Also, you've gotta do your job, why bother with all that stuff?

Sidequest submission period ends on July 1st.

Here's a list of ideas. What matters most here is quest presentation, character interaction and uniqueness.
For example, the Old Map could actually be the first in a series of clues leading to secret meetings hosted
by a group of nerds that thoroughly test you to see whether you meet their criteria or not.
Or it could be one of several pieces of paper required to piece together the legendary whole toilet paper,
an invaluable item to Artemisians. Various NPCs could be hunting you down to steal it until you ...relieve yourself of it.
Heh...heh...uh...
Remember it's how characters interact with each other that makes quests more interesting.
Naturally, it is highly recommended that you finish episode 3 first, as stated previously.

1.The old Map
There's an old map in a house in Western Artemisia. Where could it possibly lead to?

2.An empty home
Someone used to live here...can you find all the clues? Could it have something to do with a thief's network?

3.The Purrloin Baker
A baker from the North ordered Purrloin to make one last delivery. You've submitted that particular mission request to the Branch,
however there's no one willing to take it up. Help Purrloin out and find a way to create a bread trading route.
There's also rumors of the legendary Pokeblock-feeding Meowth Lady. Could she be an antagonist???

4.Can you find Goodra?
There's been sightings of Goodra in Hermia Town. Maybe you've seen it, maybe not. How could you possibly find a way
to interact with it, though?

5.Books for Egbert
Egbert needs lotsa books to help Artemisia. Find at least (a number) of them. What could go wrong here?
I mean, sure, books don't serve any purpose other than, you know, reading?

6.A sad Pidgey
There's a sad Pidgey in Route 0. Is there any remedy for its sadness?

7.Bring me cushions!
Collectors are weird, and this one is even weirder. Find (a number) of cushions (or pillows, whatever!)

8.The Cocoa Adorer
Ah, cocoa! But where could such a treasure be found?

9.Make items out of garbage, Chop.
Bring garbage to Chop in Southeastern Artemisia. Maybe he can make you a useful item (or not)

10.Water type mon for Grandma
Finding a water type mon seems difficult. Maybe make her a fishing rod?

11.An Alolan Guitar
Alola might be at the other end of the continent but who cares? Gotta find an Alolan guitar!

12.Vanishing Woman
What did just happen? A woman in South Artemisia vanished the moment you tried to initiate an interaction...
If that doesn't speak volumes for your, uh, charming social skills, what does?

13.The bestest cookest
The greatest cook to have ever graced Artemisia lives in a makeshift tent in the Southeast. Gather some...well, ingredients for him.
Hopefully nobody will be visited by... gastroenteritis...

14.Dedenne, where have you gone?
A man in Eastern Artemisia is filled with guilt over his past actions regarding his Dedenne.
Can you find Dedenne's location?

15.Recruit the Courier!
Rumors of the Resistance against the Mayor have spread all around Artemisia. Can you come up with, um, "campaigning" ideas for the Resistance?
The purpose of the campaign is to recruit the Courier, so..Artemisia can be (L)iberated...

16.Rasperga Family Feud
What could have possibly taken place in Rasperga Farm?

17.A lonely Ratata
There's a lonely Ratata in Northeastern Artemisia. Is there anything you could do to help it?

18.Fairy Spring
There's a fairy spring somewhere beneath Western Artemisia. Or at least that's what they say.

19.Norella's carpets
Carpet making is a traditional practice in Norella, tied to social events such as marriage.
Where could materials for carpets be found? Is there anyone in Artemisia who could have a fascination with...carpets?

20.Open Entry

Replies will be slow so don't worry if it takes us weeks to get back to you.
We cannot judge whether a submission is bad or not on its own merit, we can only judge whether it fits with the style of the game.
Not getting your submission in the game doesn't say anything about your idea per se.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I got a script hanging error after finishing a battle and it auto saved (of course) now when I load it up I can't move and there is no music I'm stuck just starting at this NPC and I won't be able to upload my save for debuging until at least Monday

Actually I just found a solution

I restarted and am basically back to where I am, I would recommend adding either automatic backups or an option as to whether to save when a script hangs (both of which plenty of other fangames have)

Game.rxdata

Edited by dirtlord
Nevermind
15 hours ago, dirtlord said:

I got a script hanging error after finishing a battle and it auto saved (of course) now when I load it up I can't move and there is no music I'm stuck just starting at this NPC and I won't be able to upload my save for debuging until at least Monday

Actually I just found a solution

I restarted and am basically back to where I am, I would recommend adding either automatic backups or an option as to whether to save when a script hangs (both of which plenty of other fangames have)

Game.rxdata 61 kB · 0 downloads

Alright, please send us your errorlog.txt (which is located where the savefile is)
So did restarting really work? In any case, here's your fixed savefile:
Game.rxdata

Iirc we had a couple of reasons (although not that serious) for not having the autosave/automatic backups feature enabled.
Imma look into it and will probably have it implemented in the next ep3 update.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

4 hours ago, AenaonDusky said:

Alright, please send us your errorlog.txt (which is located where the savefile is)
So did restarting really work? In any case, here's your fixed savefile:
Game.rxdata

Iirc we had a couple of reasons (although not that serious) for not having the autosave/automatic backups feature enabled.
Imma look into it and will probably have it implemented in the next ep3 update.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks. And by restarted I mean I started a whole new save file. I will try to upload the error log in an hour or two but you would know I tried to fix it with a data editor from another fangame and it spewed a bunch of errors and couldn't even access the save data, also script hanging is what happens when things  take longer than the game likes to load so it decides to restart and for some reason it either saves or gives the option to save

errorlog.txt

Edited by dirtlord
Error log
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 10:37 AM, NiT said:

What do I have to do with the abandoned Budew?  

Cause I don't know where to take IT

Spoiler

Don't worry about it too much, you'll eventually reach a certain place, where a pharmacist that specializes in that particular sort of Pokemon treatment will be able to help you.

On 7/17/2019 at 5:12 AM, Chamberofsecrets12 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What do I do to go back to the police station, I did the disguise part and I need to get back to the chief

Spoiler

There's only one way in, the one you've used before. Enter the building next to the Southwestern Checkpoint, go to the leftmost corner and talk to the guy "guarding" the entrance. Remember him? He says something absurd, along the lines of "why does the leaf blow on your Ponyta's nose?". Doesn't make sense at all! 

Hey folks, a new update is out: 3.6.0

Spoiler

-Fixed a potential progress-halting bug
-Restored unused events
-Fixed event bugs
-Fixed some snippets of dialogue not displaying properly
-Fixed Tile bugs
-Fixed some victory themes not playing after winning a battle
-Fixed Tile transparency and priority bugs
-Updated some really crappy graphics, (more to come)

See ya!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Wafflez13 said:

Okay, I got to ask... how do you beat the ??? Guy with his pokemon that spams foul play with only 2 pokemon... one of wich has a weakness to water and the other is ineffective????

Spoiler

Apparently there is a Joltik in the University. You have to go all the way through it again and interact with the statue where you found the lady and then go to the front where there's a locked door and it should be inside.