Commander

Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

4 hours ago, FujiwaraNoSai said:

I think he may have been talking about a bug that occurs when you first fight Cain. A message about an exception possibly related to the Exp All pops up after you defeat his Koffing and you don't get any experience. He also doesn't send out any Pokemon on his next turn. I can't find the Exp All anywhere in my bag, so that might be related to the issue. Screenshots attached below.

.-. 

So I'm an idiot and broke the Exp All. If you're getting an error at the beginning of the game just turn the Exp All on or download this script and replace the one in the data folder (will upload a new version after waiting a bit for bug tests)

I really need to just start assuming people don't read what I say anymore and highlight stuff in big bold letters so people can figure it out. The cause of the bug is forgetting a single line in the scripts and I uploaded a scripts file to fix it in the meantime. I'll just upload a fixed version just to avoid this issue any more than it has. I'll make a note when it's up. Just doing a zip file this time.

Edit @FujiwaraNoSai did you try entering and exiting the back room of Agate City Circus. There's a lot of stuff that gets provisioned in there like Neo Reborn City

Edit 2: and we're done fixing the upload link. I also threw in the 18.4 code change in a new scripts download file

5 hours ago, Commander said:

Edit @FujiwaraNoSai did you try entering and exiting the back room of Agate City Circus. There's a lot of stuff that gets provisioned in there like Neo Reborn City

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to work. I still can't use Fly even after entering and exiting the back room. Follower Pokemon aren't active either and when I try to talk to the Goomy to enable them, this occurs:

Spoiler

RebornError3.JPG.d2c8aa7ffccc206acec51b99fda8e847.JPG

3 hours ago, FujiwaraNoSai said:

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to work. I still can't use Fly even after entering and exiting the back room. Follower Pokemon aren't active either and when I try to talk to the Goomy to enable them, this occurs:

Hide contents

RebornError3.JPG.d2c8aa7ffccc206acec51b99fda8e847.JPG

Send me a save file and I check and see what's going on. Seems like there's too many possible little things for a one off scenario. I'll try and get it fixed

Edit: I figured it out. Hooray for spaghetti coding. Just download the scripts file and should fix it.

8 hours ago, Commander said:

Send me a save file and I check and see what's going on. Seems like there's too many possible little things for a one off scenario. I'll try and get it fixed

Edit: I figured it out. Hooray for spaghetti coding. Just download the scripts file and should fix it.

Thanks. Fly's working now, although follower Pokemon still aren't. I'll send you my save file though I'm fine with the game as is if you can't fix the issue.

44 minutes ago, shadowhollow4 said:

Where do i find the exp all?

Really early one is hidden but if you don't obtain that it's the Exp Share quest in the town where Serra's gym is

Okay, here's 18.71's link it's mostly just for fixing two big glitches but since they cause major game crashes I figured I'd just make a quick release fixing them along with a little bit more content than waiting 3 months for more. I might figure something out for content updates in the future to get the game out little by little or just do a big dump at Serra. Something. Anyways, here's the changelog

-Implemented a way to access debug mode in the game

-Added hard mode up until Corey

-Fixed the Fly Bug

-Fixed the ExpAll bug

-Added all missing Redux HQ trainers from the thread

not a big update but an update nonetheless. As for the debug mode, there's a password which I included somewhere and where to activate it....it's very, very early into the game but at some point past the starter room. That's all I have for you.

so... looking through the post that the early exp all is to be obtained before getting your starter... I have clicked on every tile and npc and from the train accident to the starter room and everywhere in-between and no exp share at all. I have also checked the factory. either something is wrong with my file or im not getting it.

19 hours ago, shadowhollow4 said:

so... looking through the post that the early exp all is to be obtained before getting your starter... I have clicked on every tile and npc and from the train accident to the starter room and everywhere in-between and no exp share at all. I have also checked the factory. either something is wrong with my file or im not getting it.

Spoiler

Chespin pokeball when choosing your starter.

1 hour ago, shadowhollow4 said:

Just checked still not there

It's hard mode only as an easter egg to see if anyone could find it. You'll get it later from the Kadabra Furniture quest instead of the Exp Share

10 hours ago, Commander said:

It's hard mode only as an easter egg to see if anyone could find it. You'll get it later from the Kadabra Furniture quest instead of the Exp Share

Ok thank you didnt know it was hard mode only