Commander's Rejuvenation Adventures (A Rejuv Not Cancelled Run) [Chapter 62]

Commander

10 hours ago, Commander said:

But after relooking at this scene, I can't put it any other way than saying it was...pretty bad. This whole scene was more overdramatic than a game series where a total of 5 people died across 7 games. And dying is a very huge deal in those games. It's just way too in your face that Melia is dead but spoiler alerts I knew then and I know already that she isn't dead. It's an obvious cliche which just makes this worse. Even Crescent pretty much accepted Melia is dead without any questions or denial. Which makes this honestly a really, really bad death scene.

You want to know the icing on the cake. One character did act the way they should over a death like this. It wasn't Ren or Venam. It was Zetta. He was so distraught and angry in which all he could do is lash out on the people closest to blame. He screwed up and it costed them their most important piece. Honestly, I think he acted a bit too tame because depending on the organization, you could be killed for a screwup like that. But he did his role fine. Venam and Ren we're barely even phased by losing one of the closest people in their life. They blame Team Xen for her death but as Zetta said it wasn't their fault. She got her own damn self killed.

But now I get to talk about death 'cause trust me I've used it and I've used it many times. I'm a firm believer that when someone close to you no longer exists, you feel nothing but pain and more pain. You question your every decision and may straight up be very, very destructive to your being. Do you think Ren or Venam acted like that? And you don't just get over it instantly either. There's a reason why I save use death sparingly as it's a very effective tool. And then Crescent rubbing the fact Melia is dead to our faces kind of was overkill at that point. But bloody hell. I know I never really liked it, but remove the Dimensional Galvantula and there's not much good left. Did I talk about the Dimensional Pokemon changes as I don't feel the whole enter the rift flows as well as the old method.

Your series is certainly quite interesting. I like how in depth you look into every element of the game, including potential plot holes. However, while I think the Crescent/Melia/Ren scene is bad, I still think it's a huge improvement on the scene from V8 and below. All that happens is that Venam makes some comment about how "easy" the rift was, despite the fact that she is afraid of spiders. Zetta acts like a stereotypical boring villain (like Sirius from Reborn), Crescent shows up, says something forgettable, and then Venam acts as if nothing even happened. Ren then says a really angsty line in "Sometimes, I wonder who the real person is: Venam, or Veronica" (not sure I quoted that correctly, but even so, THE ANGST). At least with the new update, there is actually some sort of character and emotion here. It's a bad cutscene, but it's still miles better than what we got before. Still, an awesome play through, and it's nice to see Samurott get some action.

Edited by FactoryofSadness

Tbh there is only one proper reaction in the whole game to a death of a close person (not even a death actually) and it's from the one you wouldn't expect. It's like people in Aevium are less emotional when it comes to it.

Also dunno man i played intense and i find both Zetta's fight and the rift Tula to be easy enough to be won first try.  If something is not trouble,  even after throwing  fully evolved mons and pseudolegends  and stat buffed bosses on you, i think it at least justifies the usage of said mons and moves.

14 hours ago, DemICE said:

Tbh there is only one proper reaction in the whole game to a death of a close person (not even a death actually) and it's from the one you wouldn't expect. It's like people in Aevium are less emotional when it comes to it.

It's really hard to remember how people reacted to certain deaths, but I do remember up until Angie everyone who died and uhh...they aren't that memorable (except for the Xen grunt one...that was a weird one)

14 hours ago, DemICE said:

Also dunno man i played intense and i find both Zetta's fight and the rift Tula to be easy enough to be won first try.  If something is not trouble,  even after throwing  fully evolved mons and pseudolegends  and stat buffed bosses on you, i think it at least justifies the usage of said mons and moves.

There are a couple issues with the battles itself. It relies on the partner more than the player since it's really hard to keep your team alive without grinding on normal mode. I'm doing bare minimum grinding in order to better judge the fights. But when judging normal mode you have to remember two things: 1) Players are very inexperienced with the game and 2) Pokemon are generally very weak and its not uncommon to have all first stagers. Galvantula was fine, but let me break down Zetta's mons:

Sneasel: Good to settup icy winds to weaken opponents, but not much to talk about

A-Persian: The Pokemon is fine, but I'm pretty sure its Banded with Play Rough from how it was performing

Absol: With one of the highest attacks of the dark types, either this thing can be designed to one shot or be terrible

Type:Null: Not much needs to be said here

Only issue I had was play rough on Persian which pretty much is a one shot for all of Ren's team. For Absol, I'd throw it in as a Special attacker even with its meh special attack, it'd perform the role very well without being op. A-Persian was my biggest complaint just due to using one of its best coverage moves. I didn't even give bosses in Hardcore as good as moves for episode 2 other than Florinia. But as for Intense Mode, I'll get more into that later. But thinking back, it was honestly a mix of too much and too little at the same time.

20 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

ll that happens is that Venam makes some comment about how "easy" the rift was, despite the fact that she is afraid of spiders. Zetta acts like a stereotypical boring villain (like Sirius from Reborn), Crescent shows up, says something forgettable, and then Venam acts as if nothing even happened. Ren then says a really angsty line in "Sometimes, I wonder who the real person is: Venam, or Veronica" (not sure I quoted that correctly, but even so, THE ANGST)

Poor dialogue is probably less important than consistency. I can't remember the old lines as nothing stood out, but playing it again, Venam's character is just so...weird. This is the girl who constantly gets thrown out of her house (literally) and is the definition of immature in Gearen City. In Amethyst Cave, she acts...like a wise old man. But Venam saying that it was easy kind of makes more sense since she's the type of person to get cocky and want to rub it in Zetta's face. But I'm not going to think on it too much. We've still got a long ways to go.

It's good to have some fights that don't make you feel like you are the god of the game and make you depend on support characters for a change though. 

About intense, well yeah i agree. After all I had said once that there is a lot of space for improvement there. Leaders can potentially bring out more in their strategies/fields

Edited by DemICE

@DemICE If I wanted to give my honest opinion based on MY skill level, all of these battles are easy as hell given I have a very, very weak team which only one was even evolved at that point. We're a little less than 10% into what would be the full game and that's what is thrown so early in the game. You have to slowly increase the difficulty otherwise you'll end up hitting a wall where the game becomes incredibly easy for spiking the game's difficulty.

As for the whole feeling like a god. It's Pokemon so you can't exactly design for that as the system is made to be cheesed. Yes, some fights should be made hard and may take a lot of attempts, but Zetta even says he's weak so him being a disappointment wouldn't be all that surprising (and he trained all those mons in a short amount of time). Normal mode needs to have restrictions. Hard mode does need some, but it's a lot more lenient since the playerbase has a certain level of skill and expects stuff like that more.

And...I don't have a good intro pic...actually

capture113.jpg

(I should name you Sonata and change Rockruff's name to Artica. It's just too perfect)

Chapter 10: Sidequests aka I'M SO DONE WITH THIS CAVE

capture243.jpg

(Is it me or does that lady's cane look like an arrow. Maybe it's to get her point across)

capture244.jpg

(No shit. Why do you think it's called a village?)

Looking at it now, I really don't like the whole period thing. I know it's for emphasis, but meh, I'd probably just separate them all out through text boxes with one word only

if

you

know

what

I'm

saying.

capture245.jpg

(That's a sad village. A very sad village if that's all you have.)

capture246.jpg

(Are you sure it isn't because you're talking shit about it at the front gate?)

capture248.jpg

(If that philosophy were true, the whole region would've been doomed a long time ago)

capture250.jpg

(Well the old lady at least is making sense here...unlike most of the cast)

capture251.jpg

(Nevermind, she's completely senile)

Seriously, I love how she says it's happened a lot and then states that she has only seen it happen once. That's a 70 years time span at the very least. If the village was 350 years old, it'd only happen 5 times by that logic. That's not that many. It's a minor nitpick, but yeah, it's one that's easy to avoid. "This has happened many a times in the village's history. In fact something like this happened right around when I was your age." Seriously, it's not that hard.

capture252.jpg

(We can't say the same about her husband)

capture253.jpg

(Well since they aren't going to move for a while, does anyone want to tell me how her hair defies physics?)

capture254.jpg

(Being constipated, I can't tell you how true this is)

capture255.jpg

(I think she's left-handed)

capture256.jpg

(I think she missed the entire point of the conversation)

capture257.jpg

(She uhh...didn't look like a ninja. Oh wait. Wrong game)

capture258.jpg

(She's aware a month has passed. We must take her in for questioning)

capture259.jpg

(Don't worry, the cave did that for me. And it did a fine job of it)

So honestly, I really liked that conversation. It wasn't the best thing...OMG! Those tiles above the flowers are really bothering me now. You can't just splat square tiles anywhere. Anyways, it was decent and kind of gave an impression of the town. But man do I love the redesigns of the Elder and Aelita. Those look really, really well done especially the elder who has a cane. She has a bloody cane. How many fan-games have this amazing technology? But now we must move forward into the game.

capture261.jpg

(That word. She said the T-word. Don't ever say the T-word in front of me).

And then I had to play some MGS trying to avoid trainers while looking for the healing center. This was one heck of a challenge as I did not want to go back through that cave.

capture264.jpg

(You have no idea how happy I was to see this) <<< It is like finding a Save Point in Xenosaga 2.

capture265.jpg

(This is also a terrible trade. Cleffa>>>>Igglybuff any day)

And then we begin the long session of sidequests which is what this whole chapter is all about. And while I didn't show it, I began working on the Library sidequest.

capture266.jpg

(I'm not sure whether or not to feel bad or feel jelly of them)

capture270.jpg

(I mean...I spent too long looking for it the first time to stop now)

capture272.jpg

(Oh no....oh god no...not him)

capture274.jpg

(Someone please just...please don't make me do this)

There's not really much here tbh as it's just talking about the Hidden Library which was built by the ancients. I'll get more into it later.

capture275.jpg

(...You have an acne problem?) <<< Or is she threw out her knee

capture277.jpg

(Wait...you can fly! Please teach professor master sensei) <<<That's who Jenkel is to me...also didn't mention the animation

capture278.jpg

(Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today)

capture279.jpg

(Funny because it's true)

capture280.jpg

(Funny because it's true)

capture281.jpg

(And you just got owned! Ain't no one allowed to talk shit to the Prof and get away with it)

capture282.jpg

capture283.jpg

capture284.jpg

(Congratulations, you're now nuttier than the professor)

capture285.jpg

capture286.jpg

(You could just throw him into the pond. I hear there's a Carvanha in it)

capture287.jpg

capture288.jpg

(This is also the sign Jan has been around Ame for too long)

So Jenkel what do you have to say about all the events that transpired?

capture290.jpg

(Spoken like a true gentleman)

And then we go to the pond south of here...and it doesn't work so Karen begins speaking...men, if you ever marry a woman, make sure they are softspoken. Your blood pressure will thank you.

capture292.jpg

(Not to worry. One day my career as a professional model will kick off. Nobody has hair as fabulous as this)

capture293.jpg

(...MAKE UP YOUR MIND WOMAN!)

capture294.jpg

(If you're so worried about your looks, why did you summon the rain?)

No seriously, it wasn't raining when I first got to this scene.

capture296.jpg

(Thank you bridge for saving me from this drama. You the real MVP)

Y'know I really don't like Karen and not in the good way such as with Fern who you are designed to hate. She's basically just Nim if Nim weren't funny or interesting. She's just some bipolar girl with some crazy powers.

capture297.jpg

(I'm still wondering how those candels still have wax)

capture300.jpg

(It's just like you. Small and hard to get through)

capture302.jpg

(...I think the librarian is a deceased member of Team Skull. That would explain the mess of books)

And then Ms. Psychic Powers gets to the treasure first

capture303.jpg

(Come to my domain Reborn and then we'll see who's crying)

capture304.jpg

(It's those bloody meds. They screw with your body)

capture305.jpg

(...Jenkel, this woman is all yours. She's like a perfect match)

capture306.jpg

(...I'm laughing on the outside, but crying on the inside right now)

capture307.jpg

(...Something tells me that this is a very, very bad thing)

capture308.jpg

(...You hand me my own mortal nemesis. I despise you now)

capture309.jpg

(...Nevermind, you're alright. Just stay far, far away from me)

But yeah...she's strange, but sadly she's a hell of a lot better written than most of the main story cast right now. I'm pretty sure she's supposed to have those violent urges simply due to the fact she's all jacked up with power. I also theorize she's the one who murdered her own parents which could be due to abuse since well she had special powers. Combine those together and her character makes sense. Anyways, the mega ring tease never bothered me at all since the Mega Ring really is a tool players should get very, very late into the game. But I always really liked this quest simply because of the book reward. What disappoints me is that the library and the gearen city library really don't have anything interesting to read. Missed opportunity there. Missed opportunity.

capture312.jpg

(Yeah...it's not so great)

And then there's this quest:

capture316.jpg

(So are we just going to ignore the guy on the bottom left?)

capture317.jpg

(You can imagine my reaction to this)

And let's just say that the first attempt did not end well.

capture320.jpg

(I mean...what else is going to be on a loading dock? Traps?)

capture321.jpg

(And you can see pretty much Electrode made this fight super easy)

capture324.jpg

(Like really, really easy)

capture327.jpg

(And Gauis literally evolved right after evolving \o/)

Yeah...that fight was...easily the worst one so far. I'm a firm believer of weaker Pokemon with interesting and well designed movesets over strong Pokemon with crappy or levelup movesets. In HC, this fight is going to be completely redone. There's no synergy and it's just stupidly strong Pokemon with crappy movesets. And advice for people making fangames, spend the extra hour when designing important trainers as it'll make the game more interesting. Seriously, ticks me off when someone uses SOLELY high levels as a means of difficulty or challenge.

The Kecleon Quest was next and this sums it up:

capture341.jpg

(I was dragged to the very pits of it. Thankfully there was a ladder to escape)

capture350.jpg

(And then there's this little girl)

capture351.jpg

(Something tells me I'm going to regret this)

capture352.jpg

(The old version of you didn't need a square to battle)

capture353.jpg

(Nor did she play unfairly)

And what happened in that battle was more or less this thing:

capture363.jpg

(Just picture a clean sweep from this demon)

I'm actually going to cut this post short since the next part is a story segment and it'll lead all the way from here to the Keta gym battle. As for these sidequests, they were actually kind of meh compared to the old quests. I loved the old Carvanha quest and have no idea why it was removed. Novae herself is so inferior to Adrienn it isn't even funny. She's literally high levels with meh mons and that insanely good Lyanroc who gets a boost from the field effect taking care of its water weakness. The only real solution is to grind a geodude since well very little at those low levels will survive. Library and Kecleon were good, but that's about it. Sorry to skip the Kec quest but when you literally have to worry about dodging Kecloen while escaping, it is near impossible to get pics of it.

I had a lot of trouble with Keta on my hardmode playthrough. He not only starts with a brutal mon (Hawlucha), he just doesn't let up. While I guess it's fitting for a fighting leader, given Keta's character it seemed somewhat out of place for him to have a fast-brutal-inyourface fighting style. I'm curious to see how you fare against him and what your thoughts are.

Keta might actually be the dumbest battle in history. I've never even had that much trouble with it, but it's just the Pokemon that are used piss me off. (Nice and illegal Medicham.) (Nice and illegal Hakamo-o) (Nice and don't pull the "reverse candy" excuse on me because we all know damn well that reverse candies are for the player and player only to deal with level caps. Leaders need not worry about level caps.) (Oh yeah, nice and illegal Mienshao) 

(But for real though, you probably won't see all the pokemon mentioned as I have a lot of saves for this game, and have played on various difficulties. So I've probably mixed in mons from intense, normal, and V8.)

This thread had been an enjoyable read so far. I like how you pointed out the flaws of Rejuv which most of the player usually didn't notice. It really helps those who wanted to make fangames know the do's and don'ts of making a well designed fangame and also points out areas in which Jan can improve on his game.

Spoiler

capture227.jpg

(...Why did you think it was a good idea to fight here?)

capture228.jpg

(......Excuse me while I run into a wall and hope it kills me)

That remark makes zero sense. Zero. Unless your hospitalized, you should be able to grab your balls and throw them at the enemy. But if she really hurt her rib cage and was having a hard time speaking, that'd make sense why she couldn't really battle.

Also, yeah. I don't get that part. If Karrina explicitly say that she hurt her rib cage, maybe it would've make better sense. But she later turned out to be okay, so it remained nonsensical.

@Revolver I think it's very poorly explained, but Karina would only be unable to battle if she ran out of Pokemon. The other gang leader acts like he beat her, but uhh...somebody is lying and judging by Karina's rep, I'd definitely she it as being her (which her being evil would actually make a lot of sense). Maybe if we ever return to Gearen City I could give better judgement on this scene.

On 7/7/2017 at 3:23 PM, Yellowspaghetti said:

Why does everyone else think this game is easy 😭 I've gotten bodied so many times and I've played pokemon since I was like 6

Honestly, Rejuv really hasn't offered that much of a challenge as most of it's challenge is using fully evolved Pokemon (I'll admit I did this for HC, but mostly so that player's Pokemon level up faster). First time I played Reborn and even Rejuv I got bodied a lot (though I was playing on V4 intense mode)

As for the others, I'll get to Keta real quick. But now:

Chapter 11: Hello disappointment, my old frield

Probably are going to guess what's going to happen but let's get onto the story:

Oh wait...I actually do have something to talk about beforehand. I remember a little discussion about me being too hard on Zetta, but uhh...how should I explain this. A really good ideal that I even stand to is that in a video game you should show, teach, then test something. Basically really early in the game you are showing how the game works with its mechanics (usually up until the first gym leader though first strong opponent is required). Players kind of are going to go their own way as they know very little about your game and are just starting to get used to the mechanics. Venam's Seviper should be weakened a little bit, but Rejuv just an okay job at this. Post Venam is where you are teaching players how to play the game. Bosses should be harder to where players have to think, but not too hard. Those he picked it up should breeze through this section as they already got the hang of this. This stage is where players are forced to learn how the game works otherwise they'll fail. The last stage is to test. Testing players is basically removing the hand guiding them and letting them put what they learned to use to achieve victory. I know in Reborn this happens around post-Florinia as Florinia herself is teaching you to prepare for leaders with that demon Cradily.

So what does this have to do with Zetta? That fight is either you just let Venam do all the work or you grind up to be able to survive hits from stuff. Zetta has a Play Rough Persian and that's all his team more or less was for me because the other mons were not designed well or weren't a well built core. Now if Venam had a weaker team maybe it'd be different, but she leads with an Eviolite Whirlpede who's the master of stalling. With that in mind, the Galvantula was the real battle, but since you can get softlocked out of it, I'm surprised Zetta isn't more well built since beating him may hard-lock you out. This is early in the game so such a design...causes problems (unless you don't have to beat Gal...which should be a thing then since this is so early in the game). But that's kind of my point...stuff like this shouldn't be done so early in the game and if they are, they have to be done very, very carefully and very, very well made.

Rant over.

capture364.jpg

(Well you are on his lawn. Old people don't like you being on their lawn.)

capture365.jpg

(Hi, I'm commander and....I WANT TO TOUCH THE FLUFFY BIRDS!)

capture366.jpg

(No birds, don't fly away from me)

capture367.jpg

(I mean...I'll just raid his house for Rupees if he doesn't help me)

capture368.jpg

(...This...definitely sounds like the guy I know. Yep, it's gotta be him)

capture369.jpg

(Heh. You couldn't stop me even if you tried. Many have. None have succeeded as I keep going down rabbit holes)

capture371.jpg

(FINALLY! Somebody who doesn't make fun of my name. I can already smell the start of a beautiful friendship).

And now we break walk into the leader's home:

capture372.jpg

(...We're you literally standing there for the last few days for me? Well...I guess that's your new favorite hobby now)

capture373.jpg

(Well after weird and overdramatic monologues)

capture374.jpg

(COREY! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR? Wait...you're not Corey? You're not fooling me this time "Keta")

If you haven't figured out, I have been alluding to Corey as Keta literally acts like him and honestly is just Corey reincarnated. The only literal difference besides the appearance, gym leader type, and hair is that one hates the world and the other just hates himself. It's kind of why Keta is slightly willing to help you, but uhh...let's continue:

capture375.jpg

(...Master Jenkel, I will make you proud showing you the man I've become)

And...this isn't the master bedroom

capture376.jpg

(I knew a guy just like you. He took a fall and then became all smileys)

Probably cut some of the convo out, but I doubt it was anything important...

capture378.jpg

(No...KOS-MOS...)

capture379.jpg

(Anyone who even knows that name I'd salute. One that shouldn't be forgotten but has been)

capture380.jpg

(Keta, I'm going to let you finish, but that phrase should go to the girl dumb enough to make a wrong turn and somehow get killed and eaten by Pokemon despite having Pokemon on her and unlimited healing items)

You know, this whole you're not strong enough cliche was meh at first, but at this point it has literally been beaten to the ground. Seriously, I could name like 15 different protagonists where strength wasn't what drove their characters or even factored into how they won. What bothers me even more is that this is a bloody sensei and teacher and pretty much kicks a dead horse even more into the ground. Seriously, no sensei mumbo jumbo now? Like when it makes sense?

Also sick of Melia talk but you know that

capture381.jpg

(That's a great Ren impression there)

capture382.jpg

(Wow...master sensei just swore)

Nevermind, I take back everything I just said. The one character who actually understands me.

capture383.jpg

(...Would not taking a month to update be a possible change?)

capture384.jpg

(She's one bitch of a book)

capture385.jpg

(I know someone like that. She's my blue haired waifu.) <<< Lucina jokes ftw...even though I don't care fore her

capture386.jpg

(For some people it's all they have)

capture387.jpg

(....Pass)

capture388.jpg

(I'm sorry, but your hair is so distracting. I just want to...touch it)

capture389.jpg

(This is the second biggest lie the game has made) <<< I talk way too much

Okay just going to cut in and say JAN MAKE UP YOUR MIND! Can they or can they not talk?

capture390.jpg

(Just like the real Amethyst)

capture391.jpg

(Just like the real Amethyst)

capture392.jpg

(Not like the real Amethyst)

capture393.jpg

(...I thought that was a minable rock)

capture396.jpg

(...That sounds like a black man's drug)

capture397.jpg

(I would, but I forget where I lost them at. Poor guy must be lonely out there)

capture399.jpg

(Yes master sensei Corey)

I'm not going to lie...this is actually a change that was worse than the original. You see in the original, the guy was like "I'm not going to fight you until you go to Amethyst Grotto" which correlated with the story since he shunned everyone away and it was very realistic. Now it's like "Sucks to be you, but here's how I can help you." He's just...way too helpful. Here's the thing...none of this was needed. Even though the item was added, this all could've been explained in Amethyst Cave AND completely removed a certain annoying section of the game as I'm already sick of traveling through Amethyst Cave from doing all the sidequests. As for what we have though, it's pretty good and works so there's that. Wish he acted a bit more like a Sensei though.

But before we do that...

capture404.jpg

(We need to get revenge on a certain someone)

capture406.jpg

(Oh this is going to be feel so, so good)

capture407.jpg

capture408.jpg

(Gotta love that field effect boost(

capture409.jpg

capture410.jpg

(And here starts the real battle)

capture411.jpg

(And boy did I have a plan to get rid of it)

capture412.jpg

capture413.jpg

capture414.jpg

(You have no idea how good that felt)

capture415.jpg

capture416.jpg

(And I rely too much on Sonicboom it seems)

capture417.jpg

(Actually I think it was Charge Beam)

capture418.jpg

capture419.jpg

(*Ahem* Feel the sting of the swordmaster's blade)

Actually I think Loewe got one shotted from the looks of it

capture420.jpg

(And this is why Walter is on the team)

capture421.jpg

(And you can probably figure out what happened here)

And this is what I had to grind my team up to just to beat this girl

capture425.jpg

(Surprisingly, I only lost half the team)

imo, she's really easy except for the bloody Lyanroc which is a freaking nuke on the field as it hits hard combined with its boosted electric rock attack and the fact it is as fast as lightning. Nothing really stood out other than that though.

And then we travel down to the grotto to meet...

capture429.jpg

(How did you get here before me?)

capture430.jpg

(But I don't even have a twitter)

I actually kind of miss the old grotto design, but I'm not going to complain

capture432.jpg

(And by that logic, I'm not Commander)

capture433.jpg

(Well...you do fit the bill for Corey)

capture434.jpg

(Oh look something Keta has that I don't)

capture435.jpg

(I mean...doesn't every video game character have a tragic past?)

capture436.jpg

(If living in a quiet village where the worst thing to happen is a girl bugging you daily is hell, then I'd offer my soul to the devil himself from where we stand)

capture437.jpg

(He does realize Rare Candies have the same effect? No need for dramatics)

capture438.jpg

(I could think of worse places to be banished to)

capture439.jpg

(...Hold on...)

Just look up there for a moment. This new Keta is displaying emotions where the old one did not. If you had no emotions, you will not feel anything towards your dead wife nor would you care the fate of a dead girl or the player themselves. Devoiding myself from emotions more or less just made me kind of hate the world. That's a whole different topic though. Just wanted to point that little fact out.

capture440.jpg

(I mean...I'd send someone down here to get them out of my house)

capture441.jpg

(No, I'm pretty sure he just wanted me to leave him alone)

capture442.jpg

(Me? Special? I mean what's so special about being the protag meant to save the world from dangers?)

capture443.jpg

(Well...he was part of Meteor so...that's not so surprising)

capture444.jpg

(You're a ghost and he's a grumpy old man. There's nothing scary about that...nope, not at all)

Y'know this is a minor nitpick, but I don't really see the point of the ghost telling us Keta is part of Team Xen. Yeah it makes sense, but it could've been saved for a little surprise.

capture445.jpg

(OH BOY SIDEQUESTS!) <<<I mean objectives

capture449.jpg

(....So you want me to do something I was going to do anyways)

capture450.jpg

(That's nice...but I do get a badge out of it, right?)

I skipped some stuff, but uhh...I still like the old conversation a little bit better from memory although this wasn't that much different from it. Just a little writing rule, but when it comes to info dumping, remove anything that either is implied or explained along the way. Info dumping is bad although sometimes required. Shorter you make scenes the better as well since players like doing more than reading.

capture451.jpg

capture452.jpg

(Did anyone actually think this would work?)

Seriously though, why is this part even here? All this basically does is make the player fight even mover wild Pokemon and add some time just to read this message only to force them to walk all the way back and then back to Sheridan.

capture453.jpg

(Yep...total bitch)

capture454.jpg

(Thank you for stating what we've known for the past god knows how long)

Now...battle time:

capture466.jpg

(I mean it's Pokemon. Fans basically ooze over it)

capture467.jpg

(I do that already) <<< And somehow you guys still read this and follow my stuff

capture468.jpg

(...I'd need to go to the PC box and get my real team then)

And now we get into an intense...

capture471.jpg

(Maybe not so intense)

capture472.jpg

(Seriously, wtf is with those levels. HIS LEVELS ARE LOWER THAN ZETTAS)

capture473.jpg

capture474.jpg

capture475.jpg

(Probably just venoshocked him or something)

capture476.jpg

capture477.jpg

(This is uhhh...disappointing)

capture478.jpg

capture479.jpg

(I had Boomy Explode as I didn't want that thing healing up)

capture480.jpg

capture481.jpg

(Okay that thing was kind of challenging...but not really)

capture482.jpg

(You are far, far from being a good Ike)

capture483.jpg

capture485.jpg

capture486.jpg

(...And I feel bad now)

capture487.jpg

(And probably no self esteem either)

capture488.jpg

(.......I'm having a strange case of deja vu)

capture490.jpg

(Oh HECK NO! I'm not falling for that twice)

Yeah...Keta's mons were a little underleveled. The sad part is that THIS was supposed to be the big gym battle of this section (especially due to the fight to come getting nerfed even harder). I mean...the removal of Hawlucha was a good move, but there's quite a bit that needs work on making this an interesting fight as all his mons desides Medicham, Pignite, and Lucario...well half his mons were pure fighting type. No real coverage for his type's weaknesses and pretty much a hyper offensive team. Biggest complaint has to be with the levels. With the Sidequests, having his team be around 25-28 would make a little more sense as those quests were level crazy and gave a ton of experience. 25 is also a good mid-cap since this is about the mid-way point in this section. But kind of sad considering the other two times I fought him it was complete hell. But what's done is done and we're moving on. But bleh if I ever do a Rejuv "Hardcore" this fight would get a complete revamp.

35 minutes ago, Commander said:

(No...KOS-MOS...)

I appreciate the reference.

Yeah, Keta seems to have been gutted a bit in terms of difficulty, but it doesn't solve my biggest overall problem with his fight in general. I still stand by that a hyper-offense team doesn't fit him character-wise, but I also realize that Fighting only has so many tools that are not only appropriate at this point of the game, but within legal level restrictions. Most fighting leaders in games, (official or fan) are usually gung-ho people (if memory serves) that usually dabble in philosophy. Kiki being the exception since she was significantly more reserved, but Samson serving point just fine (minus philosophy). If you're trying to convey the personality of the person you're fighting through their team, this usually goes hand in hand with fighting's natural strengths (hyper offense). However, with Keta is just feels off. If you were going to opt to keep the hyper offensive theme, I think trimming the mono-fighting is a good move, as Commander said. Gurdurr and Machoke seem redundant at a glance, or at the very least replace them with mons with a bit more flavor (Hitmons? Sawk/Throh?).

If you're open to completely revamping the fight to better suit Keta, you probably don't want to go for outright stall, but a bulkier more set-up based team might be better (The Hariyama that was cut was a good fit imo). Not only would it still provide the player with an important lesson early on (if the enemy sets up, you need to deal with it fast or you'll just lose), but it would also fit with the common interpretation of Keta's character being unwilling to act swiftly to deal with a threat (admittedly this metaphor would likely be lost on people who don't nitpick details, but I still think it would be cool regardless).

But most importantly, if you're reading this Jan, please don't think I dislike the game. Quite the opposite; I really enjoyed it and want it to be the best it can be while fulfilling your vision of what it should be. I'm writing this because Keta's fight was an outlier in an otherwise very consistent game in terms of trainer-theming (I think the only other outlier is maybe Florin, but honestly his fight was really fun so I'm hesitant to even say there's anything to be improved there when liberties can definitely be taken if the base fight is absolutely amazing. I also don't really have a good enough read on Florin's personality to really make an informed statement one way or the other as there's likely to be more of him in the future.).

@Commander It's funny we seemed to have the complete opposite experiences with Novae. On my run I had an awful time with Novae's first fight (attempted it before Goldenleaf Woods) and blew through her second and third fights.

I feel like, Hitmontop, Crabominable, and Hariyama are stables if we're talking about bulkier builds. Maybe Heracross, or Mega Heracross if you feel like crushing dreams. I guess lucario, even though I hate Lucario because of how much I see the mon. Like every fighting type leader HAS to have Lucario, otherwise, just delete the games files. I also don't see why Poison heal Breloom isn't a STAPLE because Breloom can actually take advantage of the field. And if you don't want to use poison heal, then use effect spore, as that's boosted too. Idk why Jan's having trouble with the Keta fight. It's BS on intense.

I dont have too much trouble with Keta, a timid simple calm mind swoobat and an intimidate arbok make quick work of him

Edit: Commander pls dont give Keta mega heracross

Edited by Another Retired Shipper

2 hours ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

I dont have too much trouble with Keta, a timid simple calm mind swoobat and an intimidate arbok make quick work of him

Edit: Commander pls dont give Keta mega heracross

I mean, air slash is a thing. 

(I just want to see mega heracross get use...)

1 hour ago, Sceptilespy said:

I mean, air slash is a thing. 

(I just want to see mega heracross get use...)

oh ye it kearns air slash (i forgot :p)

also i'd love to fight mega heracross but knowing Com it'd be Hardcore lol

Just now, Another Retired Shipper said:

oh ye it kearns air slash (i forgot :p)

also i'd love to fight mega heracross but knowing Com it'd be Hardcore lol

It doesn't learn air slash lol (does it?), I meant it can get Air slashed.

7 hours ago, Personthing said:

Mega Heracross that early on in the game would be ridiculous, it's only the 2nd gym leader.

Level 40-45 is kind of the point where the weaker megas can start being implemented. Heracross itself really isn't as strong as you think as iirc, physical bug moves aren't boosted in the forest field so hera gets...basically no advantages. Breloom itself is a double edged sword as on one hand it is nasty with a Bullet Seed Technician combo, but on the other hand, it leaves Keta kind of vulnerable (anyone who even suggest Effect Spore on it should go back to battling 101. It's basically 50-50 (yeah, yeah say 60, but 10% is not that much) which has a 25% chance of getting the type of status you want. That's a 12.5% gamble to really hinder Breloom, a really frail Pokemon).

I do have about 5 different methods I could go about designing Keta, but I do know Medicham likely will be Revenant Keta's Ace while Lucario will remain normal Keta's ace as I feel Medicham is very symbolic of what the spirit represents and a perfect close to his chapter. One will fight aggressively while the other will be more calm and collected and focus on synergy. After all, theme is going to be considered a bit when designing leader teams (and I have debated whether or not to give their mons nicknames to follow this).

Just now, Another Retired Shipper said:

It learns it at level 32 iirc

I think you're thinking of Woobat/Swoobat. I'm talking heracross.

8 hours ago, Personthing said:

Mega Heracross that early on in the game would be ridiculous, it's only the 2nd gym leader.

I don't think so, 1 air slash and it's done. Keta does say after all he won't hold back.

34 minutes ago, Commander said:

(anyone who even suggest Effect Spore on it should go back to battling 101. It's basically 50-50 (yeah, yeah say 60, but 10% is not that much) which has a 25% chance of getting the type of status you want. That's a 12.5% gamble to really hinder Breloom,

I think effect spore could work :[. But Breloom would probably just get air slashed anyway rather then taken down with a physical attack, so yeah.

On 19/07/2017 at 3:15 AM, Sceptilespy said:

I think you're thinking of Woobat/Swoobat. I'm talking heracross.

I don't think so, 1 air slash and it's done. Keta does say after all he won't hold back.

I think effect spore could work :[. But Breloom would probably just get air slashed anyway rather then taken down with a physical attack, so yeah.

when you said 'Air slash is a thing' i thought you mean woobat XD

Previously on Pokemon Rejuv Island:

Commander ragequit the game due to being screwed out of a gym badge. He decided later that he was making a foolish life choice and picked the game back up to continue his suffering for some odd reason.

Chapter 12: TeKeta!

capture491.jpg

(Judging by the sign...I'd say it's under construction. This is just like where I live) <<< Not anymore \o/

capture492.jpg

(Well when the earth's plates move sometime the earth below gets a crack and...this happens)

capture493.jpg

(Actually, I was following Keta. You just happened to be in the way)

capture494.jpg

(I...only have one response to that: It's getting hot in here!)

capture496.jpg

(What was your first clue: the fact that he ran behind a waterfall or the speech about redeeming himself?)

capture498.jpg

(.......You want me to jump into the heart of a volcano to look for a guy who...probably jumped into the heart of a volcano for a different reason. Makes sense)

capture499.jpg

(Fine. Only because he owes me a piece of metal) >>B-baka

So this little section isn't bad, but I really don't understand the whole changing the layout of this place tbh. It really wasn't that bad in the first place. I'm not going to question it as I really don't care for either one in particular. But this next section oh boy do I have a lot to talk about here:

capture501.jpg

(Oh so you have two ways of saying it. I gotcha No. Thing)

capture503.jpg

(May I ask what is up with those tentacles...actually I don't want to know.)

capture504.jpg

(.......Wait....isn't that the passcode for the last Sec battle? Please pay no mind to me) >>>Oh god that red hurts my eyes

capture505.jpg

(Even if I had one...I wouldn't want to stick anything into you)

capture507.jpg

(I'd be more worried if you did)

capture510.jpg

(If they tested for my voice, wouldn't they give me access to the whole base?)

capture512.jpg

(You don't say) >>>This wouldn't be the first time...definitely not the last

capture513.jpg

(Yep...we're gonna die now)

capture514.jpg

(If anyone asks, he was actually saying "Men Suitor". But sorry ladies, I'm taken...for now)

>>>Warning: The following segments may lead to significant brain damage. Viewer discretion is advised

capture515.jpg

(....Are you sure Madelis programmed you?)

capture516.jpg

(..........Even if you did have some, I'm not sure it'd pass the sanitation rules. Also....I don't think it'd be pudding)

capture517.jpg

(But we are still guests. And guests should be treated with respect...not...that)

capture518.jpg

(Please tell me Madelis put an off switch on this thing)

capture519.jpg

(Aelita, I'm the one supposed to be hiding behind you, not the other way around here)

capture520.jpg

(Shit...someone who isn't Zetta is here. That's not good)

capture521.jpg

(Oh god! I've seen enough rule 7 to see where this is going)

capture522.jpg

(Bro...this ain't league...also it's champions) >>>Dropping that LoL reference real quick

Seriously, that was a missed opportunity there making a league reference.

capture523.jpg

(What even is that)

I'm not going to beat around the bush here saying that this thing is...weird and uh...not well made. It's an edit of the Gen V Pokemon Movie alien sprite but looks lazily made. Like the SEC in the overworld is amazingly done so this...is disappointing. Anyways this is the bloody uhh Salandit which Jan for some unknown reason didn't give it a forced female gender because...poor planning which made me soft reset and go through that scene 12 times...this really is like driving in Northern Indiana. Rough Terrain, construction everywhere, and most importantly: people who piss you off by going slow in the fast lane slowing everyone down (then the other half go like 10 miles over the speed limit. It's an interesting culture). But yeah, I managed to catch one. I really think Jan should decide whether it should be male or female and not leave it to chance since it'd save a ton of work.

>>>I don't think seeing that scene 12 times really helped the cause

capture525.jpg

(....The result is my sanity slowly fading away)

capture526.jpg

(I think that describes everyone's first time)

capture527.jpg

(.......We're not even halfway done with this conversation and I'm already sick of screencapping for this thing)

capture528.jpg

(The one thing SEC did right)

capture530.jpg

(After having to reset 20 times to get a good mon, I don't)

capture531.jpg

(If it's something Dr. Jenkins created, it's probably happy to get out of there)

capture532.jpg

(What she meant to say is "Burn in hell")

Yeah...this is going to be a long chapter...someone please end my suffering

capture533.jpg

(If this was a shooting game and not an RPG, many shots would be fired right now)

capture534.jpg

(...I'd say we thought of you as dead as Melia is right now)

capture535.jpg

(Yes, please make the world a better place by doing that) >>>Yeah, I get a little too carried away...doesn't mean I disagree

capture536.jpg

(............Aelita, you have a Hawlucha. Please have it reach in and rip its core out right now...please)

capture537.jpg

(.........There are so many things wrong here I don't even know where to begin)

capture538.jpg

(I thought your purpose in life was to annoy people) >>>He was doing a very effective job of that

capture539.jpg

(Or you could y'know permanently deactivate yourself)

capture540.jpg

(Your pun was a complete dud) >>>Heh. Counter pun.

capture541.jpg

(And now you're stealing lines from famous Pokemon characters)

capture542.jpg

(...This isn't going to be a black eyed peas song, is it?)

I think the song is the route from Kanto right before the league. And yes, we're still at the entrance to this place.

capture543.jpg

(Says the robot with only one Pokemon. You're giving advice to a Pokemon master here) >>>Also I think we go down and not up

capture544.jpg

(......Dammit, there's more of them....maybe I should just go home)

capture547.jpg

(How has that stick of dynamite not gone off yet?)

capture548.jpg

(..................Thank god its almost over)

capture549.jpg

(JUST DIE ALREADY!)

capture550.jpg

(Compared to Terra, this is tame)

capture551.jpg

(It's a shadow Pokemon. We've dealt with them 4 gens ago...and maybe they'll be back again) >>>E3 for 2018 is coming soon so I can hope

capture552.jpg

(...I mean they already know we're here so there's really no point moving forward) >>>Little did I know this pattern would repeat a lot

capture553.jpg

(Let's never say that name ever again)

capture554.jpg

(What should be everyone's reaction)

I'm just going to give you a bit of writing advice here: when it comes to changes, often the first idea you come up with is the best and the one that should be used. A lot of my complaints are about stuff that got changed such as the dimension rifts (which is minor) and basically this entire section from post Amethyst Cave. I know Jan put in a lot of work and some of the changes done were really, really good and really helped, but people described these changes like they turned the game from good to amazing. For me personally, it's a nice and fresh thing to see, but they really haven't impacted my opinion of the game at all since version 4. I'd go as far as arguing many of these changes made the game worse. Only thing I've really seen improved is characters slightly and a significant improvement in graphics.

So why am I telling you this? This goes all the way back to the original SEC which most of you probably don't really remember what he was like. Just take all of those screen caps (there's literally 50 just from that scene in my upload folder) and condense it down to 10. He did his role as a security drone before disappearing. I liked that thing as it was weird but interesting. This thing though...oh where do I begin? I saw it in the first sections of the game, but I kind of neglected it as a nothing, but Rejuv is trying to be both a comedy adventure and a serious (somewhat dark) story at the same time. Sometimes it works like with Goldenwood, but sometimes I think it just goes too far. I mean I really can't take anything Venam does seriously for example even when she's serious. But let's just assume Rejuv is a comedy adventure, what would I think of SEC?:

He's just so badly done. He's supposed to be an annoying trolley character, but this does not clash well with a silent protag and Aelita (the clueless). The bigger issue I have is that...I feel this is meh slapstick comedy. For those who don't know what that looks like, I'll give you a youtube video from one of the greatest movies in that genre:

(I really need to fully watch this movie)

This kind of humor is risky since it's like a 50-50 where 50% of players will absolutely love it and the other 50 will usually think it's the stupidest thing ever. I actually kind of like this type of humor, but SEC just talked WAAAAAYYYYY too much. And it also talks like a toddler which...I'm guessing it's designed to annoy you which makes me go back and ask...why? It's just...painful especially when you have to go back and watch it like 50 times for a female Salandit. But...how to fix it is hard since well...there's a few factors I'd need to know about what Jan was going for. So instead, I'll do a how I'd go about it:

I think the toddler method really doesn't work here, but I kind of want it to be annoying so I'd make it similar to an internet troll and even have speech manners such as "get rekt, son" and if you really have balls when making a fan-game, the troll song. But the purpose of this is to screw with Aelita and piss her off (since that's what trolls do) and have a little game where Aelita tricks SEC to accidentally mentioning Shadow Pokemon were recently in development. It also works well given how Aelita doesn't look like someone who really deals with tech or online so she's not experienced with those kinds of people. Just kind of my thoughts since quite a bit of developement went into the SEC animations. (There's so many golden opportunity lines like "fite me 1v1 final destination, fox only")

>>>I could have worded it better as by toddler I meant more like meme talk. Meme talk is really bad and very off-putting...though that contradicts my last part. I really should have made a poll because it was about 50-50 of people who liked and hated it

Ahem...now we continue...my suffering

capture555.jpg

(I think that's how girls feel when they get rejected)

capture556.jpg

(I'm just picturing Keta doing an epic jump kick to his face....fanart is welcome)

capture557.jpg

(I...would've described him as a man with giant fluffy hair that defies logic)

capture558.jpg

(I just realized......I think I drowned under that waterfall and now am in hell...THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!) >>>I need that Phoenix down badly

capture561.jpg

(...apparently being hurt means you can't battle in this world)

And...apparently the layout completely changed in this place. I guess it's better, but Golden Sun taught me how to love jump puzzles.

capture565.jpg

(.....Oh joy! It's the devil himself)

capture566.jpg

(Pretty sure we're a level below where the original fight was. It's kind of hard to tell as there's no animations)

capture568.jpg

(I.....wait......no long battle speech? I like this version of SEC)

capture569.jpg

(So close SEC, so close to being on my good side)

capture570.jpg

(Whatever the person was on who came up with these lines I want some of it)

capture571.jpg

(Bro, you didn't even ask me on a date so......how can I reject you?) >>>Not really a fan of tsunderes

capture572.jpg

(Thinking on that, why would Xen even invest in dynamite of all things?)

capture573.jpg

(I have so many questions, but you don't see me asking them)

capture574.jpg

(If I wasn't a silent protagonist I'd ask "What was Madelis thinking when she create you?")

capture575.jpg

(Oh, I guess we really did go up.......which begs the question how they made a.......wait HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!)

For those who don't understand, look at the outside of the mountain then think back on this map. I don't really remember the layout, but going down makes more sense than going up

capture578.jpg

(Yes, yes.....wait how are we able to tell its a Shadow Pokemon?)

capture579.jpg

(Aelita.....you're asking the wrong questions)

capture580.jpg

capture581.jpg

(Well, he's nicer than most people)

capture582.jpg

(It was at this moment, Aelita knew...she fucked up)

capture583.jpg

(Aelita's social skill increased by 1)

Sadly nothing else eventful really happens after this so......then we gotta...kill me

capture586.jpg

(I "forgot" to screencap much of this so it may be a little jarring)

capture588.jpg

(....Aelita.....stop encouraging him)

capture589.jpg

(If I really wanted to pass you I could A) Destory you with Loewe's blade B. Walk right around you and C) throw Aelita at you and watch her scream in rage destroying everything in sight) >>>Pretty sure A was the only viable option

capture590.jpg

(Or you could just do that)

capture591.jpg

(Somebody please tell me if the password really is the thing I mentioned before)

capture592.jpg

(Philosophy with SEC)

capture593.jpg

(Aelita....just......stop)

capture594.jpg

(Madame X is not someone I want to see right now...for many reasons)

..........Hold on....I think I may have figured out who Madame X is, but...I'll keep silent as that's kind of brilliant, but that'll have to wait.

capture595.jpg

(The only thing you manage is financial insanity)

And skipping some stuff....

capture597.jpg

(Why must you plant yourself in front of every elevator shaft? I'm the one getting the shaft here)

capture598.jpg

(No, but I have a thing for the ladies)

capture599.jpg

(I have no shame)

capture600.jpg

(I'm a persona of a grown man who plays Pokemon. I don't think we can get any lower than that) >>>Forgot bronies existed for a minute

capture601.jpg

(This gets my approval.) >>> Well everyone loves SE

capture602.jpg

(Aelita, pay no heed. We're having an important man-to-man discussion here)

capture603.jpg

(Wow...harsh! And we finally found common ground)

And then you have to bug him more before this happens:

capture604.jpg

(...This is all Aelita's fault)

capture605.jpg

(....Trust me, dude. I'm pretty sure everyone would be happy to see you go)

capture607.jpg

(Aelita, there's something called lying. You should look it up)

capture608.jpg

(There were 3 too many left here)

capture609.jpg

(Why would you even want to live here? It's hot and...I'm about to pass out from this heat. Curse this dashingly good looking coat)

capture611.jpg

(What she is trying to say is "GTFO, bitch")

capture612.jpg

(Oh good, now I can get my Toxicroak or was it Torkoal?)

capture613.jpg

(That's not a Toxicroak)

Honestly......I'd say Quagsire is a really good choice here. If you are having problems with an upcoming boss battle, this thing is great to help cheese it.

capture614.jpg

(We only gave you one choice)

capture615.jpg

(Too bad we're already in hell)

capture616.jpg

(Pretty sure he's incapable of movement)

capture617.jpg

(Not sure if proud...or just that stupid)

capture618.jpg

(Even Aelita is done with this shitshow)

capture619.jpg

(She gets it from her father)

capture620.jpg

(Given he's Corey reincarnated...I think he'd be proud)

capture621.jpg

(...Why is there a tentacle in the lava?)

capture622.jpg

(...Oh god now you made him talk again)

capture624.jpg

(That...is the best way to describe this entire chapter)

capture625.jpg

(....Oh joy...news)

capture626.jpg

(From what I played, this is a lie)

capture627.jpg

(Thank the lord it's finally over)

Seriously, what should've been like a 10 screencap section with clever screencaps just dragged on so freaking long that I feel I have to apologize for such low quality from me. We didn't even make it to a boss fight because this character just...mentally drains me. I don't think the idea of a sassy bot or one with a personality is bad but...dear god this is probably the worst thing I've seen in Rejuv yet. It's just so bad...I'd be surprised to see people defend the inclusion of...whatever the hell that was. I was going to stop here, but I'll push on a little bit because...it's better than this...at least Melia has some redeeming qualities.

capture628.jpg

(....The first lesson in survival class is "Don't touch whatever the heck you don't know what it does")

capture629.jpg

(Yes, and it's exactly where it belongs)

capture630.jpg

(Now Jan's just teasng us with mons.....I WANT THAT TIMBURR!)

capture631.jpg

(....Clearly this is a trap. Keta would never call for Aelita.)

capture632.jpg

(Wow...I really thought he jumped into a pit of lava. I mean...nothing)

capture633.jpg

(.....He's pretty much like me. He runs away from his problems)

capture634.jpg

(Thank you for stating the obvious)

capture635.jpg

(I'm not going to question how fathers treat their children)

capture636.jpg

(Oh GOD! KETA WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU! THEY TURNED YOU INTO A CIVILIZED CIVILIAN)

And then those two disappear leaving me all alone...except I got company

capture637.jpg

(I did because your security is worse than my Kroger store. Fun fact: they don't have any security)

capture639.jpg

(Oh hello Mar...I mean Madelis)

capture640.jpg

(It's something I try to forget)

capture641.jpg

(Now what I'm really wondering is that if they cared, why would they let us destroy their entire security system)

capture642.jpg

(Lady, if it weren't for the fact I had to train a brand new team, I'd have you on your hands and knees begging for mercy)

capture643.jpg

(Now you're just trying to be a cliche villain)

capture644.jpg

(.....And the cliche capture the hero instead of kill them. How brilliant a move.)

capture645.jpg

(....Judging by your attitude, I'm guessing your not at the top of the change. The real villain wouldn't give a shit about some random punk...that or you like me)

And we go to jail

capture647.jpg

(WHY IS THERE LAVA NEXT TO THE FLAMMABLE CARGO!)

I'm looking back and there are 126 images of SEC that I screen capped. I don't think we'll cover the gym leader in the next episode because there is a TON of events that take place between this and that fight, but I'm also sorry I really couldn't get to the end of this but I really, really want to know this: does anyone think SEC is funny or entertaining? Serious question.