Reborn/Rejuvenation EXTREME Version

• Global Mods
11 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

So... My sister spilled soda on my hard drive, and it’s completely destroyed...

So unfortunately...

This entire mod is........

sitting in a google drive until i can get to it again 😄

house is fine, dont know when im going home though because the roads are flooded.

Let's just hope nobody spills soda onto google

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

btw im back and my house is fine, fortunately an entire can of mtn dew wasnt enough to break my hard drive so i didnt get set back at all 😄 
dont really have an update on the mod itself though, its hard to find motivation to work on it after being gone so long lol.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Haven't given an update here in a while, things are slowly but surely coming along... If you couldn't tell already, my work ethic is basically non-existent lmao.
No matter what though this mod will get done, I'm not gonna just abandon it after all the work I put into it 😛

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I should really update the first post of this lol, it's pretty outdated cuz I slowly started to realize I bit off more than I could chew. The "will be compatible with most mods" thing is probably untrue, because I realized it's actually very difficult to implement all of them without breaking things. The only thing that will for sure be in is Sandbox Mode, because it is easy to just slap in there. Also the "Legendary mode"... I'm not really sure if I want to do that anymore, originally I had written a short story and questline for it and at the end you would just get a Mew, but I'm not gonna lie it was cringe as hell lmao. Some important characters were already given legendaries anyway, but only if it made enough sense to me. In fact the first one you see belongs to Shade, I won't spoil it but you could probably guess what it is easily.

Anyway as far as progress goes... Not really much since last time, been legitimately busy lately which sucks.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

wew its been 3 months since the last post.

Had a massive boost of motivation lately, been working on this again nonstop. Right now im mapping the areas for the Pit, but its proving difficult because i lack creativity lmao.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Your idea with this hack is very similar to my USUM hack. Buff everything and revamp abilities and move sets accordingly! Everything gets about 200 more BST but the only thing I cant do is bypass the 510 ev cap. The AV system from Let's GO layered with the the traditional IV/EV system is what aim to do with a reborn hack

So, as someone all but totally ignorant of programming of any kind, it behooves me not to bother, but... I tried to basically do something similar as this mod, being inspired by it, for personal use. And so I tried to somehow edit the levels of certain pokemon, mostly gym leader mons just to make them a little harder, and also to buff some of the weaker mons that don't get much love (even though I don't use them).  And failed.

I've pretty much abandoned the idea, but I still want to know why what I tried didn't work, and what to do correctly. There's no chance of me going back through all that trouble and doing it, so please don't missinterpret me trying to hijack the mod.

As for what I did, I recall getting the PBS file for Reborn, the RPG maker that is supposed to be used for it... and tried modifying the pokemon stats in notepad. After that I booted up Reborn in RPG maker. It did not work too well. Or at all, for that matter, especially since opening in RPG maker started me from the beginning. Also, I did another step between all this, where I made a new project in RPG Maker and titled it Reborn, and copied the files for Reborn from the main game to the documents folder. It's been a while, so I'm not sure exactly in what order I did all this, but I recall following steps given by others, and one poster on this site (a post I can no longer find. I think it Icecream Sand Witch?). And also steps online elsewhere, though most were cheat hacks that had nothing or little to do with my aim.

I even made a custom shiny Mega Beedrill..😪

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

So, as someone all but totally ignorant of programming of any kind, it behooves me not to bother, but... I tried to basically do something similar as this mod, being inspired by it, for personal use. And so I tried to somehow edit the levels of certain pokemon, mostly gym leader mons just to make them a little harder, and also to buff some of the weaker mons that don't get much love (even though I don't use them).  And failed.

I've pretty much abandoned the idea, but I still want to know why what I tried didn't work, and what to do correctly. There's no chance of me going back through all that trouble and doing it, so please don't missinterpret me trying to hijack the mod.

As for what I did, I recall getting the PBS file for Reborn, the RPG maker that is supposed to be used for it... and tried modifying the pokemon stats in notepad. After that I booted up Reborn in RPG maker. It did not work too well. Or at all, for that matter, especially since opening in RPG maker started me from the beginning. Also, I did another step between all this, where I made a new project in RPG Maker and titled it Reborn, and copied the files for Reborn from the main game to the documents folder. It's been a while, so I'm not sure exactly in what order I did all this, but I recall following steps given by others, and one poster on this site (a post I can no longer find. I think it Icecream Sand Witch?). And also steps online elsewhere, though most were cheat hacks that had nothing or little to do with my aim.

I even made a custom shiny Mega Beedrill..😪

The easiest way that I know for the smaller stuff like this is to have the PBS files and edit them in notepad as you did, then edit scripts.rxdata with your method of choice (should be possible in rpgmaker, I use gemini editor) and add $DEBUG=true to the top of settings. launching the game should then recompile all the PBS files before loading the game each time, putting into effect the changes you made in the text files. Whomst'd've'n't taught me this one, so credit where credit is due.

• 5 weeks later...

10 hours ago, rayquazaplz said:

Teach me how to tweak base stats and movepools. Please take the time and give me links, sites, programes. I like your idea it's cool and all. I had the same idea but more so with softer changes. Furret would be trash in my balancing because I dislike puss.. "cute" pokemon.

You can download reborn's PBS files from here http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/gamefaq/
In the pbs files there are notepad files that you can edit, the pokemon file is the one you're looking for. You can use programs like Notepad ++ to make your life easier, and theres probably a program out there specifically made for editing PBS files, however i use Notepad ++ myself.

As for updates for this mod... I'm just lazy 😄 I don't really have any excuses but its just very time consuming and tedious work.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

You can download reborn's PBS files from here http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/gamefaq/
In the pbs files there are notepad files that you can edit, the pokemon file is the one you're looking for. You can use programs like Notepad ++ to make your life easier, and theres probably a program out there specifically made for editing PBS files, however i use Notepad ++ myself.

As for updates for this mod... I'm just lazy 😄 I don't really have any excuses but its just very time consuming and tedious work.

Thank you man you are the best. You know I'm gonna do the same work based on my personal preferences

Where do I put the new PBS though? My game will be modded if that matters

• 2 months later...

So, I was lurking this topic and decided to make my own build using the main reborn game.

After changing over 800 pokemon, their respective megas and alternative forms I reached a point where I'm burntout. There's still the pulse pokemon which might need some buffs, but I haven't had the will to test them so far. Most pokemon are resonable to use as most of them are between 550-630 BST (With some exceptions like dugtrio, but his alola form was buffed to balance that disaster pokemon). The pokemon BST depends on how high is the level requirements for the final evolution stage. 

I changed some evolution requirements so all evolutions were easier to get. I also increased the base stats of pokemon that have an high evolution level so that they can have some relevance while unevolved. There were type changes to make some pokemon more viable and fun. That being said, there are still some typings which are considerably bad that I decided to keep for variety (Sorry Golem even with buffs you will still be a joke for players to defeat). Almost all type changes are based on the compatilibility atribute of each pokemon, so only one or two of them might be a bit weird. I could also change pokemon moves but had my doubts about it...so I didn't change them so far.

Only the multipleforms part was changed in the scripts, so you can actually use whatever extra scripts you want as long as you pay attention to that.

Feel free to use whatever you wish from my whimisical work, I would be happy if my name was in a dark corner of someone's Thanks Section.

If you have any doubts about evolutions, moves or stats please check the pokemon.txt file in PBS. To check alternative forms (Mega, alola or any other sort of change) you still have to check the multipleforms script. I may make an easier way to check all information later, but don't expect much.

I could make a new thread for this, but as I'm just riding on someone else's initiative I feel it would be somewhat of an insult to do so. Still, feel free to do whatever you want to do with this. I won't be posting a changelog as my brain has reached a denial phase. You can still check the changes in the PBS folder (aka I'm kinda lazy). 

Special Thanks to whomst'd've'n't for his clear cut support.

Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rdtbxd2yr508g9m/Pokemon_Reborn_Rebalanced.zip/file

(The 1st gen was my starting point so there might be some weird cases).

Edited by OptionalUnit
I suck at english grammar...

• 2 months later...

After hours of looking, it seems that through my hiatus I somehow lost my file that had all my stuff for the Pit. So i think i might delay the pit until e19, it's probably for the best anyway because I'd likely have to redo a lot due to the update.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

And I'm back. glad whomst'd've'n't is still working on this.

I got the hinkering (is that even a thing) to try this again. However, this time I'm finding issue with following my own steps and those DreamblitzX proposed to me. Specifically, I cannot open Reborn 18.2 in RPG Maker XP. This is a problem because I cannot get to the scripts file to add $DEBUG=true. So frustrating. But Queen Shelly appeared in my dreams and told me I MUST buff her Yanmega. In fact she even ordered me to buff ALL Yanmega, everywhere! Please! Someone help me! I must obey the Queen!

On 5/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, DreamblitzX said:

The easiest way that I know for the smaller stuff like this is to have the PBS files and edit them in notepad as you did, then edit scripts.rxdata with your method of choice (should be possible in rpgmaker, I use gemini editor) and add $DEBUG=true to the top of settings. launching the game should then recompile all the PBS files before loading the game each time, putting into effect the changes you made in the text files. Whomst'd've'n't taught me this one, so credit where credit is due.

So I ended up downloading gemini for this. Now, my confusion is with settings. Where do I find it? There doesn't appear to be such a thing in the scripts.rxdata. Where do I write $DEBUG=true ? That's the part that's getting me right now.