Reborn/Rejuvenation EXTREME Version

20 hours ago, WSGreen said:

So how much longer will organizing the pbs file take?

Well its already organized, I'm just redoing everything I have in the organized style that they have now. Essentially I'm just gonna copy/paste every trainer one by one and make tweaks to them that make it look like I started off of the e17 trainer file.
I honestly don't know how long it's going to take, I don't want to rush things because I want it to be a quality mod, but I guess I'll say 3 months and maybe more if testing doesn't go very well.

10 hours ago, sosobean said:

hullohullo Ive been stalking for a long time and i'm quite excited for the release.

Some questions tho

Did mah boi slaking receive any buff and

Does liquid voice for primarina gives a power boost to moves affected by it

Every Pokemon got a buff to the point where I would consider it a "broken" Pokemon, so yes.
And as for Liquid Voice, I believe it doesn't currently do that, but I might give it the same boost that Aerilate/Refrigerate/etc. gives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Atm I'm making a list of things of things I'm going to add as stuff to do on the side. I've got a couple of good ideas so far, for example I'm going to make a "Pit of 100 Trials" as a post-game challenge. Basically it's a challenge based off of a "dungeon" in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door, where there's 100 floors you must conquer each with a single enemy in it. This will work essentially the same here, 100 trainers, 100 floors, but in my version there will be bosses every 10 floors. Healing will also be limited to just items in your bag, and after every 10 floors there will be a shop that gets more and more expensive as you go deeper (This is designed to break you before you reach the bottom), the shop will sell Ethers Potions Revives etc. Also I'll probably place a PC every 10 floors too, and you technically could heal with a PC, but you can only have as much fun as you allow yourself to have, so it doesn't matter much.
Anyways, everything is slowly coming together, I should be ready for a release within a month or two.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Atm I'm making a list of things of things I'm going to add as stuff to do on the side. I've got a couple of good ideas so far, for example I'm going to make a "Pit of 100 Trials" as a post-game challenge. Basically it's a challenge based off of a "dungeon" in Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door, where there's 100 floors you must conquer each with a single enemy in it. This will work essentially the same here, 100 trainers, 100 floors, but in my version there will be bosses every 10 floors. Healing will also be limited to just items in your bag, and after every 10 floors there will be a shop that gets more and more expensive as you go deeper (This is designed to break you before you reach the bottom), the shop will sell Ethers Potions Revives etc. Also I'll probably place a PC every 10 floors too, and you technically could heal with a PC, but you can only have as much fun as you allow yourself to have, so it doesn't matter much.
Anyways, everything is slowly coming together, I should be ready for a release within a month or two.

I would SO love to see it in action

10 hours ago, BRS swag said:

I would SO love to see it in action

Good because I'm making it happen ;) I've got even more ideas, every 5 floors will have a terrain change so I can change the field effects in play frequently. I also found out recently that you can give trainers Pokemon with more than 510 total EV's, so I'm definitely going to have some fun with that... 
Some other things I've been doing is buffing some moves, like Double Slap - 25BP hits 2-5 times and is changed to Fairy type. And Spike Cannon being the same, but Steel type.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 9:51 AM, whomst'd've'n't said:

Some other things I've been doing is buffing some moves, like Double Slap - 25BP hits 2-5 times and is changed to Fairy type. And Spike Cannon being the same, but Steel type.

Wow, 125bp Double Slap (If it hits 5 times...) .... plus STAB if you're getting worked over by some fairy like Wigglytuff.... *starts sobbing*

• 3 weeks later...

Got kinda burnt out on this so I've been taking a break, all thats left is the Pit of 100 Trials thing, encounters, and stuff that i need to actually edit on maps. also im addicted to fortnite please help its consuming my life

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods
6 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Alright so after a long and much needed break, I'm finally back. Although I'm gonna do a play through first so I can re-familiarize myself with the game.

sounds great. breaks are important for everyone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So funny story, i thought i had already said what i'm about to say like 2 months ago... but apparently my message didn't go through and all this time i was under the impression that it did. 

But anyway, this project will likely not be completed until after reborn is. The reason being that I realized updating between episodes is... basically just remaking the entire game each time, with all the events and stuff I have planned. 
So yea... as unfortunate as it is, its just not worth me redoing every time. Fortunately i believe e19 is the last episode, so hopefully the wait wont be too long.

• Sad 1

• Global Mods

Ah rip, I was hoping this'd be my next full playthrough before a final one though regular E19, but I'm still really looking forward to this whenever it arrives. 

I guess the aim would be to develop things to be as modular and easy to port around as possible to minimize version changeover work. 

Welp, seeya somewhere down the road then!

I've had a slight change of heart, shortly (hopefully) after the release of e18 I'm going to release a "bare bones" version of this. Basically only the trainers, pokemon, some moves, and maybe some encounters will be edited. I might also include the Pit of 100 Trials thing, since it would be my own map and much easier to slap into an updated version.

My reasoning for doing this is so i can address things that will need to be balanced with the full release, and... because I'm really bored 😄

• Thanks 4

• Global Mods

I forgot to mention this earlier, but that sounds really great. it might be a 'bare bones' version, but the edited pokemon/trainers is really the core of the mod, the rest is kind of just delicious gravy. 

Been looking forward to trying out some different story options (reshiram path) now that there's 2 episodes worth of alternate content for me, hopefully I can actually get that far lol

Hopefully the replay value of this mod becomes immense because 99% of pokemon are usable in a team, the only ones that really arent are Unown and most legends.
In my own test playthrough, I had a different team basically every gym and I enjoyed it a lot. The only problem I can see right now is that it may be too hard xD. Personally, I love having to come up with an entirely new team just to beat a specific gym, and think of strategies on how to beat it. I'll probably add easy grinding areas so this is made easier, perhaps even with EV-specific sections of each one so you can multitask grinding and EV training.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got issued a mandatory evacuation because of hurricane Florence, so this project is halted until I'm able to come back. I live in a very flood-heavy area, so there's a good chance my house wont be habitable if the storm is as bad as they say. I'm taking my hard drive with me so everything mod related is safe, but wont be able to work on it for a while.

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Got issued a mandatory evacuation because of hurricane Florence, so this project is halted until I'm able to come back. I live in a very flood-heavy area, so there's a good chance my house wont be habitable if the storm is as bad as they say. I'm taking my hard drive with me so everything mod related is safe, but wont be able to work on it for a while.

oof, stay safe man, hopefully things don't get damaged too bad

So... My sister spilled soda on my hard drive, and it’s completely destroyed...

So unfortunately...

This entire mod is........

sitting in a google drive until i can get to it again :D

house is fine, dont know when im going home though because the roads are flooded.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

So... My sister spilled soda on my hard drive, and it’s completely destroyed...

So unfortunately...

This entire mod is........

sitting in a google drive until i can get to it again 😄

house is fine, dont know when im going home though because the roads are flooded.

this legit scared me abit cause i had yet to scroll down to read the rest of it. i cant wait for this to come out to see what changes you've made to what pokemon.