Reborn/Rejuvenation EXTREME Version

• Global Mods

Nice, the randomize as you play thing is good. means each persons experience is different. though it does make it possible for people to reset for an easy battle, which I guess is there choice. I wonder if there would be an easy way to make sure leaders and whatnot had fully evolved pokemon, or even to have all pokemon set to their appropriate evolution state after being randomly picked. Or a way to still have all of a leaders pokemon share a type so they were still a type trainer, but a different one. or a way to have megas only be randomized to other megas. or if you could set a "default set" of hold item, and maybe moves or EVs that pokemon would use instead of their level up set when they were in the team of a "strong trainer" (could maybe use the ones smogon has for random battles)

don't mind me, just sort of thinking in text form here. Feel free to take any parts of it into consideration, or none at all. this is going to be cool regardless.

Legendary mode sounds kinda neat.

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I wonder if there would be an easy way to make sure leaders and whatnot had fully evolved pokemon, or even to have all pokemon set to their appropriate evolution state after being randomly picked.

Hmm, I think i can do that actually. I might test that out

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 4:55 PM, Seal said:

This seems like a cool concept, how about giving common setup mons the ability simple? With the usual stat buffs of course.

Ehh idk about that. Setup moves usually make the game way too easy, even in my first test run i just setup curses with grotle and swept the first 2 gyms with ease. For that reason, most mons have had setup moves pushed back in their movesets. I want the game to be hard and more strategic, not just "click this 6 times and spam super potions" :P

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Ehh idk about that. Setup moves usually make the game way too easy, even in my first test run i just setup curses with grotle and swept the first 2 gyms with ease. For that reason, most mons have had setup moves pushed back in their movesets. I want the game to be hard and more strategic, not just "click this 6 times and spam super potions" :P

Honestly, Healing items are the main problem with setup sweeps from experience in the singleplayer game. I can basically never set up in hardcore with item ban, which is good.

Simple itself is a fun ability and slightly higher distribustion might be fun, but not on anything too strong. maybe as an alternative option to something that already has a great ability that it somewhat relies on (I.E Simple Medicham with some special moves and calm mind/nasty plot could be a cool alternative to a standard huge power set)

8 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Honestly, Healing items are the main problem with setup sweeps from experience in the singleplayer game. I can basically never set up in hardcore with item ban, which is good.

Simple itself is a fun ability and slightly higher distribustion might be fun, but not on anything too strong. maybe as an alternative option to something that already has a great ability that it somewhat relies on (I.E Simple Medicham with some special moves and calm mind/nasty plot could be a cool alternative to a standard huge power set)

after thinking about it for a bit, you're right. Healing items are the problem. So, i've decided to completely remove them from the game

nah but for real, ill probably revise the movesets some more and add an item ban mode. Im still not gonna give moves that boost speed and stuff (quiver dance, dragon dance, etc.) until later levels, because with speed you sometimes dont even need healing items to pull off a sweep

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

after thinking about it for a bit, you're right. Healing items are the problem. So, i've decided to completely remove them from the game

nah but for real, ill probably revise the movesets some more and add an item ban mode. Im still not gonna give moves that boost speed and stuff (quiver dance, dragon dance, etc.) until later levels, because with speed you sometimes dont even need healing items to pull off a sweep

Yea the speed boosting ones are pretty strong, and probably deserve to be late on the movelists, but lack of healing makes the difference between setting one of them, and being able to outrun things that aren't super speedy or choice scarfed, and KO things that aren't ultra tanky or resistive, and setting 3+, and outrunning anything that isn't priority and KOing something bulky that resists the move. Playing with item ban has been frustrating sometimes, but I definitely think it's a good idea for balance (as long as it applies to NPCs too like in hardcore)

• Global Mods
6 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

So I did a playtest last night... Lets just say, Florinia schooled me and let me know i need to nerf some stuff.

so much for things being too easy lol.

6 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

so much for things being too easy lol.

Lmao, well the problem is... evolution itself. Since i made every made every pokemon have the potential to be as good as any other pokemon, this means that low level evo's like mightyena, watchog, gumshoos and etc. are all super strong. and well, basically the mod itself is going to have a weird type of difficulty until around lv36ish, cuz thats when i can finally get away with going all out and give leaders/bosses the most broken crap i can think of, because you yourself will be just as busted as they are.

Also i've been trying to make gym leaders as competitive as possible, while also still being completely "playthrough-meta"
Heres an example: https://gyazo.com/acbbbe21a6cc5bab01f9fbd174652456
The Haunter has grass knot, so basically any unsuspecting person would attack this toxapex with their best ground move, and end up getting punished for it. Grass Knot is also x2 in power in this field.
(And yes i know Toxapex is illegal at this level, its only purpose is to trap a ground type/something weak to haunter. I could do this with mareanie but its stats just arent enough to handle the ground types you can get at this point. Also, this is for corey on the corrosive mist field. I made this battle as hard as possible, because I also put some really really REALLY good pokemon in the mystery egg. If you want that egg... You must overcome MY test ;))

Edited by whomst'd've'n't

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Lmao, well the problem is... evolution itself. Since i made every made every pokemon have the potential to be as good as any other pokemon, this means that low level evo's like mightyena, watchog, gumshoos and etc. are all super strong. and well, basically the mod itself is going to have a weird type of difficulty until around lv36ish, cuz thats when i can finally get away with going all out and give leaders/bosses the most broken crap i can think of, because you yourself will be just as busted as they are.

Also i've been trying to make gym leaders as competitive as possible, while also still being completely "playthrough-meta"
Heres an example: https://gyazo.com/acbbbe21a6cc5bab01f9fbd174652456
The Haunter has grass knot, so basically any unsuspecting person would attack this toxapex with their best ground move, and end up getting punished for it. Grass Knot is also x2 in power in this field.
(And yes i know Toxapex is illegal at this level, its only purpose is to trap a ground type/something weak to haunter. I could do this with mareanie but its stats just arent enough to handle the ground types you can get at this point. Also, this is for corey on the corrosive mist field. I made this battle as hard as possible, because I also put some really really REALLY good pokemon in the mystery egg. If you want that egg... You must overcome MY test ;))

Neat trick with the toxapex switch, though my go-to for taking out poison types (especially part water) would be psychic, which against haunter would just be a speed battle.

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

Neat trick with the toxapex switch, though my go-to for taking out poison types (especially part water) would be psychic, which against haunter would just be a speed battle.

I gave it sucker punch just because you said that ;) probably wont kill tbh i didnt give haunter more attack than it already has lol
There also isnt many psychic types available at this point, in fact, only one of them outspeeds this haunter, unless you early evolve or ev train the other ones lol

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

I gave it sucker punch just because you said that ;) probably wont kill tbh i didnt give haunter more attack than it already has lol

RIP I should just stop talking lol. Sucker Punch is an especially annoying move, especially when the AI sometimes has a tendancy to spam it.

Edited by DreamblitzX

So after realizing that i made corrosive field Corey just overwhelmingly overpowered, i decided to keep it that way. you have the option to reverse saving the officers, but at the cost of the mystery egg. but if you beat this corey you can get it. I did this because i made it a 1/2 chance to get an overwhelming powerful poke from the egg... I feel like its a fair trade off.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

So after realizing that i made corrosive field Corey just overwhelmingly overpowered, i decided to keep it that way. you have the option to reverse saving the officers, but at the cost of the mystery egg. but if you beat this corey you can get it. I did this because i made it a 1/2 chance to get an overwhelming powerful poke from the egg... I feel like its a fair trade off.

Sounds Neat, I'll be dreading looking forward to it. Maybe don't remove the egg entirely if you don't do the officers, and just move it back a fair amount? It could be a prize in the circus or something.

Just wondering, will the download include documentation of the changes and stuff, or would that be too much work?

also thought it was about time the OP got some rep.

Edited by DreamblitzX

40 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Sounds Neat, I'll be dreading looking forward to it. Maybe don't remove the egg entirely if you don't do the officers, and just move it back a fair amount? It could be a prize in the circus or something.

Just wondering, will the download include documentation of the changes and stuff, or would that be too much work?

also thought it was about time the OP got some rep.

Hmm, I might just do that actually. Good idea.

And the download will come with the entire PBS, so yes you guys will be able to see the monstrosity i have pieced together =]
Ill also have a separate notepad in the download that shows all the types that have been changed, as theres quite a few and would be tedious to find them all yourself
Also thanks for the rep ^_^

• Global Mods
13 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Hmm, I might just do that actually. Good idea.

And the download will come with the entire PBS, so yes you guys will be able to see the monstrosity i have pieced together =]
Ill also have a separate notepad in the download that shows all the types that have been changed, as theres quite a few and would be tedious to find them all yourself
Also thanks for the rep ^_^

Yea some sort of text file or pdf would be cool because you can't look through the PBS without owning RPGmaker XP, but if you haven't been keeping a record of them as you went or can't directly export them in a reasonably readable format, it would probably be pretty unreasonable to document all the stat/move changes. Having the type ones is still nice though.

I assume you'll edit the original post into a proper overview and stuff once you have a version ready to release?

Edited by DreamblitzX

10 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Yea some sort of text file or pdf would be cool because you can't look through the PBS without owning RPGmaker XP

Yeah you can, everything in the PBS folder is a notepad file =D

And im not sure yet. Idk if i want to just update this post or just make a completely new one whenever everything is done, probably leaning towards a new post though.

4 hours ago, WSGreen said:

So, if i may ask, when is this going to be able for download? ive been watching this for awhile and i want to try it out

Ehh i'd say im nearing about 80% completion. Although, even after im done with everything i still gotta test it all out to make sure the game is even possible to beat :P I might pick some people to help me beta test and make a discord server for it or something

I added this in as an easter egg, but i felt like it would probably be overlooked by many. So i decided to show it of here :D

Screenshot_31.png
Shout out to anyone who gets the reference ;) 

• Global Mods

Just a thought, would this be compatible with anything currently in the mod market? I'd doubt it because things all seem to edit the same files.

I.E I was interested in trying out that custom battle theme pack, but as I was playing hardcore, I'm pretty sure it would break stuff as it overwrites trainertypes.dat

(BTW I assume the mod market is where the new thread for this will be once a release is ready?)

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

Just a thought, would this be compatible with anything currently in the mod market? I'd doubt it because things all seem to edit the same files.

I.E I was interested in trying out that custom battle theme pack, but as I was playing hardcore, I'm pretty sure it would break stuff as it overwrites trainertypes.dat

(BTW I assume the mod market is where the new thread for this will be once a release is ready?)

I can make this compatible with all of those, its gonna take extra time but I'll do it.