SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

Hi, I have followed the instructions (deleted what needs to be deleted, moved the Mod file under Data, used ep18 mod for ep18 game), but the mods are not working/appearing in my game. Is there other stuff I have to download for it to work or am I missing out on a step? Thanks in advance.

Edit: ahhh, nvm its working now

On 8/3/2019 at 5:25 AM, niliz said:

Hi, I have followed the instructions (deleted what needs to be deleted, moved the Mod file under Data, used ep18 mod for ep18 game), but the mods are not working/appearing in my game. Is there other stuff I have to download for it to work or am I missing out on a step? Thanks in advance.

Edit: ahhh, nvm its working now

what did you do because it isn't working for me right now.

1 hour ago, bazul said:

what did you do because it isn't working for me right now.

Are you running Reborn from your Downloads folder? That has caused similar issues in the past; if so, please try moving your Reborn folder somewhere else (for example, on the Desktop).

48 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Are you running Reborn from your Downloads folder? That has caused similar issues in the past; if so, please try moving your Reborn folder somewhere else (for example, on the Desktop).

I have it on my desktop but I can't figure out how to set it up properly. I'm a complete noob so I will require the most basic of explanations please

• 2 weeks later...

i have a bit of a problem, i never got windy weather so i downloaded the weather changing mod and it works, but event pokemon dont seem to be affected, i change the weather, go inside to activate events like it says but i cant seem to get the event pokemon

EDIT: somehow i think i already did the event despite having absolutely no knowledge of doing it

Edited by DeltaGliscor
Problem is solved

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, UnluckyKitty13 said:

Um, I'm having issues with the mods. When I put the Mods in and start up my game, it gives me two error messages. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Your SharedPC.rxdata file is probably corrupted. ☹️
If your shared box (it's the one with the highest number in the PC) was currently empty, then simply delete SharedPC.rxdata manually from your savegames folder.
If instead you did have mons in your shared box and now they're gone, then you'll have to also restore one of the game's backup saves.

EDIT: I've updated the SharedPC mod, so that it should now be able to detect at least some cases of the file being corrupted.

• 4 weeks later...

Does the Unreal Time mod normally show a clock so you know what time it is in the game, or is that dependent on having one of Aironfaar's mods downloaded as well?

I've tried with his mods and without and can't get a clock to show up anywhere, trying to figure out the issue. This is the only mod from either mod pack I can't get working, not sure if there is something else that conflicts with it? I tried removing the Egg Waiting mod because I thought that might conflict, but to no avail.

9 hours ago, MDM1 Beans said:

Does the Unreal Time mod normally show a clock so you know what time it is in the game, or is that dependent on having one of Aironfaar's mods downloaded as well?

The Unreal Time mod is set to always show the clock in the upper-left corner; Aironfaar's mods change this behaviour.

Did you move Reborn out of the Downloads folder? Leaving it there sometimes causes issues with the mods...

Yeppers, I took it out of the downloads when I first started playing. And like I said, as far as I've been able to tell this is the only mod not working as intended. I'm not sure if Unreal Time is working at all, I haven't played long enough in the current state to tell if time is sped up.

This is my mods folder and what my game looks like right now:

rebornmods.png

rebornnoclock.png

13 hours ago, MDM1 Beans said:

[...]

Uhm... there shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work for you...
Please remove UnrealTime and, in its place, try these:
1. this one makes the clock always visible: SWM - UnrealTime_alwaysvisible.rb

2. this one makes the simulated time go 100 times faster: SWM - UnrealTime_speedytime.rb

Try the first one; if it doesn't work, then use the second one instead and wait a few minutes in game: if you can witness the day/night cycle go by, then we at least know that the mod is working even though it still isn't showing the clock - either way, we can investigate further from there.

17 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Uhm... there shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work for you...
Please remove UnrealTime and, in its place, try these:
1. this one makes the clock always visible: SWM - UnrealTime_alwaysvisible.rb

2. this one makes the simulated time go 100 times faster: SWM - UnrealTime_speedytime.rb

Try the first one; if it doesn't work, then use the second one instead and wait a few minutes in game: if you can witness the day/night cycle go by, then we at least know that the mod is working even though it still isn't showing the clock - either way, we can investigate further from there.

Ok, so when I used the first one the clock still did not show up, but I did notice the in game time changing. Then when I used the second one, it cycled through day and night very quickly, but still no clock.

11 hours ago, MDM1 Beans said:

Ok, so when I used the first one the clock still did not show up, but I did notice the in game time changing. Then when I used the second one, it cycled through day and night very quickly, but still no clock.

Ok, then the mod loads up and is working... the question now is: why does it still not show up on your interface?

Please use this file instead of the ones I sent you previously: SWM - UnrealTime_stepbystep.rb

With this file, when you first load the game you should get a different message every few seconds: we can use them to check step by step what is happening in the game's code.

Please tell me which ones you did get and what exactly did they report.

The complete series of messages looks like this:

1. UT sprite created
  2. UT is set as visible/hidden
  3. UT text: [time and weekday]
  4. UT was updated
  5. UT cycle renews

Hey! Firstly I wanted to say thank you very much for all the mods, they really increase the quality of life for the game, and make it much more enjoyable to play!

Secondly, I was wondering if there was any way that you could help point me in the right direction for adapting EVOverflow to Rejuvenation. Functionarily it's one of my favourite by far, as I've always found the breeding grind for good IV pokemon to be sort of... detaching from the feeling of training a pokemon. After releasing 30, 50, 60 etc Spoinks it starts to feel sort of inhumane, compared to having one that I've trained for an extra long time...

I don't have any scripting/modding experience but I'm willing to give it a try!

12 hours ago, Denizen said:

I was wondering if there was any way that you could help point me in the right direction for adapting EVOverflow to Rejuvenation

The Gemini script editor will let you open and edit Rejuvenation's code (it's in the file scripts.rxdata)
(Rpgmaker will let you do that too, of course; I personally prefer Gemini)

You can open and view the code for EvOverflow with any text editor, since .rb files are essentially common text files.
Any edit I made is tagged with "MODDED", which should make it easy to find them all.
SWM mods simply overwrite functions from the base game, essentially rewriting them.

Imho you should:

1. Check which functions were edited for the mod.
  2. Check whether Reborn's code is the exact same as Rejuvenation's as far as the mod's edits are concerned.
  3. If it's exactly the same: simply copy over the code from the mod.
  4. If it's different: try to implement the mod's edits into Rejuvenation's code.
  5. Fix any bugs that might arise.

Have fun. 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TeamNingo said:

How would I go about making a mod compatible with this?

Your mod will automatically be compatible with this, since the line needed to load it is already in the base game.
At most, it might happen that your mod changes one of the functions that SWM does, in which case there might be an incompatibility, but it's easier to track it down when/if someone gets a bug.

(It's easier because, since the code for SWM isn't viewable in RMXP, it's difficult to tell if you're editing the same functions)
( @Commander 100% loves this feature 😜)

5 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Your mod will automatically be compatible with this, since the line needed to load it is already in the base game.
At most, it might happen that your mod changes one of the functions that SWM does, in which case there might be an incompatibility, but it's easier to track it down when/if someone gets a bug.

(It's easier because, since the code for SWM isn't viewable in RMXP, it's difficult to tell if you're editing the same functions)
( @Commander 100% loves this feature 😜)

Yeah...it only is easy because you dont have to deal with it. SWM writes over any code in RMXP so pretty much you would have to see if the error is repeated when SWM isnt being used and it isnt a bug with the base game. Everything is compatible but nothing is guaranteed to work. You should be fine with 90% of this stuff unless you are me reverse engineering the system.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi thank you so much for the mod! I can't believe there was such a marvelous thing for this game.

Well everything else seems to be working but for some reason I can't get the shared PC mod to work (and shared PC mod was the only reason I came to stumble upon this amazing mod XD). When I take out the shared PC mod, the game seems to play fine. And when I put the shared PC mod back on... I get an error message... I'm a noob and I really can't figure out what I'm supposed to do to get the shared PC mod to work.... ;( can anyone help me please?

Thank you so much 😉

image.png

12 hours ago, lhy3715 said:

Well everything else seems to be working but for some reason I can't get the shared PC mod to work

That error should mean that the game can't find the function pbStoredLastPlayed, introduced in Reborn 18.2... did you update the base game to 18.2?
If not, then simply updating your installation of the game should fix it.

(See here: https://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/development/records/a-completely-inconsequential-post-r45/ )

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2019 at 11:10 PM, Waynolt said:

That error should mean that the game can't find the function pbStoredLastPlayed, introduced in Reborn 18.2... did you update the base game to 18.2?
If not, then simply updating your installation of the game should fix it.

(See here: https://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/development/records/a-completely-inconsequential-post-r45/ )

omg i know its late but i tried it and it finally worked! 😄

And OMG this is the best thing ever!!! Thank you so much! I feel like I can love reborn 100 times more with this amazing mod!

I really don't know how to thank you enough for the amazing work you've done.

I hope you have a great last day of 2019 tmr and i know its a bit early but hope you have a wonderful new years too 😉

Thank you so much 🙂