SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

Hey there everyone! Just curious, is this compatible with the most up to date version of Reborn? I'm fairly certain i'm not doing anything wrong here. However, it gives me a pop-up on startup saying the files are outdated. Thanks!

Edit: It states exactly "Sorry, but this version of SWM was designed for pokemon reborn episode 18. Using and SWM for an episode it was not designed for is no longer allowed. It simply causes too many problems."

However, I AM playing on Episode 18 lol

Edited by PkmGameshow
More Context

8 hours ago, PkmGameshow said:

Hey there everyone! Just curious, is this compatible with the most up to date version of Reborn? I'm fairly certain i'm not doing anything wrong here. However, it gives me a pop-up on startup saying the files are outdated. Thanks!

Edit: It states exactly "Sorry, but this version of SWM was designed for pokemon reborn episode 18. Using and SWM for an episode it was not designed for is no longer allowed. It simply causes too many problems."

However, I AM playing on Episode 18 lol

You're getting that message because, during the E18 beta, I've version-locked all the mods in SWM.
It pops up if the game says that its version is not E18.

Are you trying to use other mods, aside from SWM?

Did you for some reason replace the game's Scripts.rxdata file?

3 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

You're getting that message because, during the E18 beta, I've version-locked all the mods in SWM.
It pops up if the game says that its version is not E18.

Are you trying to use other mods, aside from SWM?

Did you for some reason replace the game's Scripts.rxdata file?

At some point I did switch scripts around to try other mods, but I was pretty careful to put my original script in a backup folder so I could revert back to the original game state. It may be possible I did mix it up though as I can't see why i'd be getting this message. My game DOES say Ep.18 Void Kissed. As far as mods, the only ones i'm using is yours here. I also did not see a Scripts.rx in your download file unless I overlooked that. 

46 minutes ago, PkmGameshow said:

I also did not see a Scripts.rx in your download file unless I overlooked that. 

There isn't one in the download 😛
(Because you are no longer supposed to replace it when installing SWM)

Please try to redownload the game... what you see at the start is a picture
, but what matters in this case is the scripts' version.
SWM might work with the wrong scripts file (as long as it has the line needed to load it), but the game itself requires the correct one to work properly.

10 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

There isn't one in the download 😛
(Because you are no longer supposed to replace it when installing SWM)

Please try to redownload the game... what you see at the start is a picture
, but what matters in this case is the scripts' version.
SWM might work with the wrong scripts file (as long as it has the line needed to load it), but the game itself requires the correct one to work properly.

Is it possible to just grab a scripts.rx online for ep.18 rather than downloading the game all over again? I'm using a hotspot for internet so that would be a process.

Edit: Hey, Nvm, thanks! I found the original file in my recycle bin and now everything is working! I must've thrown the wrong script in my backup and did a little switcheroo. Wouldn't have figure it out without ya!

Edited by PkmGameshow

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, LolisRcomfy said:

Does 
"• "SWM - ItemsBan" forbids item usage in battle." mean that enemy Trainers and the Gym Leaders/Elite 4 get prevented from using any and all items during a battle? Just want to make double sure before I get this one.

Yep.
I'd like to point out though that X items and unlimited healing/revives make the item system more helpful to the player than to the AI... if it's a matter of difficulty, you might not want to use it after all. 😛
Else, de gustibus. 🙂

9 hours ago, LolisRcomfy said:

Does 
"• "SWM - ItemsBan" forbids item usage in battle." mean that enemy Trainers and the Gym Leaders/Elite 4 get prevented from using any and all items during a battle? Just want to make double sure before I get this one.

combined with memeborn and every battle becomes like a wifi battle which makes it all the more challenging than it alrdy is and believe me............... it is

Can someone help me out? I followed all the steps and the files are in the data folder, but when I load the game nothing is different and the mods don’t seem to be working. Nothing pops up saying that they aren’t comparable or anything, just nothing is different. And I doing something wrong?

56 minutes ago, JM1866 said:

Can someone help me out? I followed all the steps and the files are in the data folder, but when I load the game nothing is different and the mods don’t seem to be working. Nothing pops up saying that they aren’t comparable or anything, just nothing is different. And I doing something wrong?

Is your Reborn folder inside your Downloads folder?
If it is, please move it elsewhere and try again.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Aikofox said:

I just installed this mod pack, and it erased all the pokemon I had in my Shared Box. I got them back by removing the mods and going to an earlier save file, but you may want to make a note to remove pokemon in the shared box before installation.

It only does that if you already had an (empty) SharedBox.rxdata file in your save folder; you're not supposed to have one already when you first install the mod.
(It is created the first time you save the game after installing the mod)

• 2 weeks later...

it's taking a while to train mah boi but he still wants to say a few words for ya

"thanks mate my IVs were so bad i was depressed but with your IV train mod and my trainer's obsession i'm feeling powerful!"

image.png.759f680ac4b58131c8404cbff07b83cd.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sexy_Angel said:

I was going to use set encounters but it keeps referring to a PBS file which I have no clue what that even is or where to find one

What is the error message, exactly?
Are you using Pokemon Reborn Episode 18.1?
Are you using any other mods?
Are you using RPG Maker?

9 hours ago, Waynolt said:

What is the error message, exactly?
Are you using Pokemon Reborn Episode 18.1?
Are you using any other mods?
Are you using RPG Maker?

I was going to try to use RPG maker but I'm so very confused on how to use it and every video I've seen doesn't explain it very well. as for the error, all it says is pbs file is needed otherwise it will just crash the game and yes I'm using the most recent episode.

4 minutes ago, Sexy_Angel said:

I was going to try to use RPG maker but I'm so very confused on how to use it and every video I've seen doesn't explain it very well. as for the error, all it says is pbs file is needed otherwise it will just crash the game and yes I'm using the most recent episode.

The WildEncounterRates mod doesn't require additional PBS; it is possible that, trying to install or use RPG maker, you damaged your Reborn installation.

Does it crash without the WildEncounterRates mod?

26 minutes ago, Sexy_Angel said:

This is the issue I keep having every time I click on set encounters

You're in the wrong thread then 😆
That's the Debug menu; I don't know what you wanted to do with it, but to use that option you need Reborn's PBS files.

If you were just trying to use SWM, then you don't need PBS nor RPG Maker at all; you can follow this guide to get it to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hc3Mo432C0

(I see you're using the Mouse mod, so I'd say you already got it - if so, then you don't need anything else. Go explore with a Smoke Ball on your party leader, and you'll find the mons that you haven't caught yet)

If instead you were actually trying to do something with Set Encounters from the Debug menu, you can find Reborn's PBS files here: http://www.rebornevo.com/downloads/PBS.zip

• 1 month later...

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the Starter Selection Mod. It's in there and everything should be running right. I deleted the AAA Mod that your supposed too. I start my game, I get to the Starter room, but I cannot find an option to select my own Starter. All there is is the pokeballs on the tables and clicking on any pokeball just asks me if I want THAT one or not, yes or no.
 Talking to the lady doesn't do anything either.

Where does one find the option to enter a Pokedex ID?

34 minutes ago, Kandarian said:

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the Starter Selection Mod. It's in there and everything should be running right. I deleted the AAA Mod that your supposed too. I start my game, I get to the Starter room, but I cannot find an option to select my own Starter. All there is is the pokeballs on the tables and clicking on any pokeball just asks me if I want THAT one or not, yes or no.
 Talking to the lady doesn't do anything either.

Where does one find the option to enter a Pokedex ID?

You have to choose one of the mons in the pokeballs; then, while still in that room, in the menu of that pokemon you should find the option to change it.
(Also, remember which one you chose: you'll need it for story reasons)