Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.
Ice Cream Sand Witch

[E18 Spoilers]Relationship Variable Guide [DISCONTINUED]

Question

172 answers to this question

So... Should I not trigger the event between Titania and the Meteor Grunt in Aventurine Woods?

5 hours ago, AsNKrysis said:

So... Should I not trigger the event between Titania and the Meteor Grunt in Aventurine Woods?

I thought that was required to get through the area.  You can just mitigate how many points you lose.

@AsNKrysis you can skip this encounter if you know where it happens (and if you care about maxing your relationship points with her)

Wait...

When Luna asks if you're not afraid of the dark: Yes = +1 Luna if you sided with Radomus (no points gained or lost here if you sided with El), No = -1

Don't you mean when she asks you if you're afraid of the dark? Because in my game, she asked me if I was afraid of the dark, not if I wasn't.

*quote not working. just unfortunate or for everyone?*

@AsNKrysis Yup, you are right. The points should be reversed too, I guess.

@Ice Cream Sand Witch Check this once.

How do I get Titania to eat the Blue Moon Ice Cream? I have Blue Moon Ice Cream in my bag. If I have any other Ice Cream in my bag, it takes that instead of my Blue Moon Ice Cream. And if I don't have Ice Cream in my bag, but I still have the Blue Moon Ice Cream, then Titania wants Candy instead. I don't understand what's going on.

She will eat anything that is not Blue Moon Ice Cream first. Which means you need to not have any food beside Blue Moon Ice Cream in your bag, in order to give it to her.

the guide is really nice and all that, but what is the point in maxing any relationship? what difference does it make?

@Hoodless as of now, nothing really major other than different dialogues (except for battle/don't battle Taka, that determines which path you'll take).

They are supposedly related to post-game sidequests.

13 minutes ago, HUEnd said:

@Hoodless as of now, nothing really major other than different dialogues (except for battle/don't battle Taka, that determines which path you'll take).

They are supposedly related to post-game sidequests.

thank you. in that case it sounds rather silly to worry about min-maxing relationships when we wont see the endgame for at least  a couple more years. 

I don't know about you, but I really don't want to have to do a whole other playthrough of the game to get certain ending content.  Since we are this close to the end, there will probably not be any more major changes, so you might as well do it right the first time......hopefully. @Hoodless

If I'm reading right, it looks like you also get -2 Taka points for leaving the desert while you're paired up with him. (First time only, like with other follower characters.) Kind of frustrating, really, since it means you have to lose those points to fully explore Teknite Ridge with him unless you just happen to have one of the few pokémon with Power Gem on you already, but ah well.

Can someone please clarify this for me: 

In the first two relationship charts, it said that not battling Taka will have +1 with Shade and Anna, but the third said that batting will have +1 with Shade and Anna.

Which one is correct?

There's a discrepancy in the first and second posts. In the first one not giving Adrienn the Ruby Ring only results in gaining a point with Cain. Whereas listed under Adrienn in the second post it says you can lose a point with him by not giving him the Ruby Ring.

...Hm. I saw a post implying that you could choose not to go with Taka in the desert if you chose the Reshiram path, and get put back on the Zekrom one? I'd prefer to gain points with Anna & Shade, but I also want to do the Zekrom path more than the Reshiram one, so...can anyone confirm that?

Edited by AyrPaladio

When I beat the Steelix in Tanzan Depths WITHOUT the PC on, I got +3 Saphira and +1 Laura. When I went back and did it with the PC active, I got +2 Saphira and no points for Laura.

+1: feed Titania
+3: feed Titania a Blue Moon Ice Cream

If i feed her a blue moon, i will get +4 relationship or just +3?

4= plus with "+1: feed Titania"

Edited by Karna

Hi. I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. But I've corrected all the oversights people have mentioned in the latest posts.

@White-Codex to get those points, you'd need to refuse to battle Taka. Originally I thought it was the other way around, which is why some posts say otherwise. Either I got mixed up and read them wrong in beta, or Ame accidentally put them in as opposites and corrected them for the community and public releases.

@AyrPaladio From what I understand, that post is correct. Not letting Taka accompany you will set you back on the Zekrom route, since he won't be with you for the events in Titania's gym.

@Karna you can only feed Titania one dessert/candy. So you either get +3 if it's Blue Moon Ice Cream or +1 for anything else.

Does responding to Taka with Yes when he asks you if you punch you way out of things when in Teknit Cave affect relationship?

Will the relationship points I got playing EP17 carry over into 18, or will I need to start a new game? Trying to go out of my way to max out Cain's relationship.

They remain consistent throughout as far as I am aware.

And, no, Taka's relationship points are not affected by your answer in Teknite Cave.  He's just happy to be there with you.  Even if he thinks you're a little scary for punching things, it won't matter to him.

Are you going to update this thread with the new relationship points from episode 18?