Amethyst

[E18] Un-stuck Me! The save file fixing thread

On 9/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, Technowiz said:

So, it didn't work. All of the cutscenes in this house didn't work for me.  I just get stuck. So, previously I had to debug past this house's cutscenes.

Maybe it was the debug mod that did it?

Probably something along the lines of that when you messed around trying to skip the scenes it maybe not all the switches and varriables were properly done or something

22 hours ago, GaratonCayene13 said:

Hello,

I was playing when the circuit breaker stopped. When I want to load my save, it was corrupted. There is anything I can do ? I have no back up save.

Are u absolutely sure u have no back up saves?

@MasterfulOverlord

What os are u on?

On 9/7/2020 at 10:58 AM, Cookiegirl228 said:

Hey so I made the mistake of using fly after going through the second part of the train puzzle and can't get back no matter how hard I try so if someone can help me with that I'll love you forever, please and thank you.

Game.rxdata 404.01 kB · 0 downloads

go back a/a couple of save(s)

26 minutes ago, OmegaZer0Zay29 said:

So I can't load my game because it keeps saying script 'PokemonLoad' line 461

I think this happened because I downloaded some mods I deleted them but I still cant play it please help me

Game.rxdata 274.38 kB · 0 downloads

Try playing on a fresh unzip that hasn't had any mods in it

2 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

Try playing on a fresh unzip that hasn't had any mods in it

Nevermind it worked thanks

Edited by OmegaZer0Zay29

On 9/9/2020 at 9:35 PM, Starry Knight said:

Are u absolutely sure u have no back up saves?

Yes but nvm, I just saw in the option and the back up save was not active, it's all my fault. I'm on a new game and now, I have some back up. Thanks.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:11 AM, Crystalrage said:

go back a/a couple of save(s)

I would, but I kinda spent a bunch of time training up several pokemon for the next gym and would rather avoid that if possible

Hello, I'm stuck in the water treatment plant where you are with Titania. Tara lowered the water level, but I died afterwards.

Can someone please fix the water level so that I continue? Thank you.

Game.rxdata

Went to Obsidia after beating Julia. Wanted to go to the sweet shop for a swirlix and vanillite, and then when I talked to the person behind the counter in the top left, the game crashed, and now I can't move and nothing happens except for NPCs moving a bit

Game.rxdata

17 hours ago, Alter Luin said:

Went to Obsidia after beating Julia. Wanted to go to the sweet shop for a swirlix and vanillite, and then when I talked to the person behind the counter in the top left, the game crashed, and now I can't move and nothing happens except for NPCs moving a bit

Game.rxdata 81.22 kB · 0 downloads

Using a backup will fix this

This will take u to your backups

folder_shortcut_folder.zip

From there delete the one called game.rxdata and rename the highest numbered one to game

1 hour ago, Starry Knight said:

Using a backup will fix this

This will take u to your backups

From there delete the one called game.rxdata and rename the highest numbered one to game

Thank you!

On 9/24/2020 at 4:16 PM, xiVoiix said:

Hello, I'm stuck in the water treatment plant where you are with Titania. Tara lowered the water level, but I died afterwards.

Can someone please fix the water level so that I continue? Thank you.

Game.rxdata 170.03 kB · 0 downloads

Can you maybe help me with this? 

Stuck on a Tauros, A isnt bound to anything ingame , spamming a doesnt work and holding it down neither, returning to the center isnt a great solution as where i need to go requires me to ride a tauros. having this problem every time i re ride a tauros (by returning to the center) restarting my pc didnt change anything.
This may or may not be a problem beceause of my keyboard layout (Belgian Period, Azerty) but i cant change that since its a internal one. the Q doesnt do anything either (thats where the A is on Qwerty keyboards) can you please help me outa this situation :/

Save File

10 hours ago, xiVoiix said:

Can you maybe help me with this? 

Yeah

I can tomorrow evening, u could probably follow same process if u want it fixed before then but don't have as much time to fix things until weekends that require going into debug mode for

4 hours ago, FallenAngel said:

Stuck on a Tauros, A isnt bound to anything ingame , spamming a doesnt work and holding it down neither, returning to the center isnt a great solution as where i need to go requires me to ride a tauros. having this problem every time i re ride a tauros (by returning to the center) restarting my pc didnt change anything.
This may or may not be a problem beceause of my keyboard layout (Belgian Period, Azerty) but i cant change that since its a internal one. the Q doesnt do anything either (thats where the A is on Qwerty keyboards) can you please help me outa this situation 😕

Save File

What do u want me to change 'a' to, I can reset the buttons and manually change them to something u might be able to use idk how well it will work tho

4 hours ago, FallenAngel said:

This may or may not be a problem beceause of my keyboard layout (Belgian Period, Azerty) but i cant change that since its a internal one. the Q doesnt do anything either (thats where the A is on Qwerty keyboards) can you please help me outa this situation 😕

Save File

A couple things you can try:

• Temporarily using game.exe or game-z.exe instead of whatever you're using now. (Though if you can run game-z, that's way better performance anyways.)
  • You should be able to use Windows' On-Screen Keyboard (searchable from the start menu).

4 hours ago, Aeodyn said:

A couple things you can try:

• Temporarily using game.exe or game-z.exe instead of whatever you're using now. (Though if you can run game-z, that's way better performance anyways.)
  • You should be able to use Windows' On-Screen Keyboard (searchable from the start menu).

game.exe and game-z.exe both give me the taurus problem 😕 both instances run fine on my pc tho , no slowdowns anywhere.
Tried windows on screen keyboard but that doesnt help either 😕

4 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

Yeah

I can tomorrow evening, u could probably follow same process if u want it fixed before then but don't have as much time to fix things until weekends that require going into debug mode for

What do u want me to change 'a' to, I can reset the buttons and manually change them to something u might be able to use idk how well it will work tho

Changing the "unmount tauros" to backspace way work since every keyboard layout anywhere has backspace in the same place. ive seen in some threads (old ones from 2014) that some people use the Z button to unmount but as you can see my keyboard is kinda not great for that either. weird *ss layout ive got  😛

This may work.jpg

Edited by FallenAngel

3 minutes ago, FallenAngel said:

game.exe and game-z.exe both give me the taurus problem 😕 both instances run fine on my pc tho , no slowdowns anywhere.
Tried windows on screen keyboard but that doesnt help either 😕

On the save select screen of both, there's a controls menu. If they were somehow changed you might be able to reset them with "Default" towards the bottom, or change the "Special" one to A.

Otherwise, there is a different F1 menu for each exe where there are also controls.

20 minutes ago, Aeodyn said:

On the save select screen of both, there's a controls menu. If they were somehow changed you might be able to reset them with "Default" towards the bottom, or change the "Special" one to A.

Otherwise, there is a different F1 menu for each exe where there are also controls.

just tried to use the default settings. game went to black screen (faded) when i pressed A (Q place on qwerty) and than nothing, just nothing. totally froze up 😕

You can try changing the controls I think that'll work right?

On 9/26/2020 at 5:47 AM, Starry Knight said:

Yeah

No need to hurry, just wanting to let you know I'd appreciate you fixing my save file. I'm hesitant to switch to a backup save because I'm playing on Android (renaming/replacing files is always a pain on Android). I was happy I managed to find the save file hidden somewhere in the first place...