Amethyst

[E18] Un-stuck Me! The save file fixing thread

9 minutes ago, Centauris91 said:

Hi everyone,

New player here. My save file is stuck in the Aventurine Woods. The place where you're supposed to slather honey on the tree, fight Heracross so Pinsir can smash the log blocking one of the entrances. Tried that, multiple times in fact, but somehow  the Pinsir fled and the log remained unsmashed. So the entrance remains blocked, and now I'm stuck since when I try it the second, and third, and fourth times, the log is still there. Can someone be kind enough to unstuck me? Thank you. I can find my save file but I can't attach them. I can't find the attach button. Please help.

Also try seeing if a bouffolant would be able to reach it

To Starry Knight,

thanks for the quick reply. Here's my save file. I was following the walkthrough video by NineIcyTails to get through this part, so for the life of me I don't see another way past this conundrum since in the video, I followed his steps precisely and it worked for him, but not for me. I am pretty sure this is a glitch though, so if you can help me, I'll be thankful. I saved just at the tree where Pinsir and Heracross was supposed to appear. I slathered some honey already. Thanks.

Game.rxdata

11 minutes ago, Centauris91 said:

To Starry Knight,

thanks for the quick reply. Here's my save file. I was following the walkthrough video by NineIcyTails to get through this part, so for the life of me I don't see another way past this conundrum since in the video, I followed his steps precisely and it worked for him, but not for me. I am pretty sure this is a glitch though, so if you can help me, I'll be thankful. I saved just at the tree where Pinsir and Heracross was supposed to appear. I slathered some honey already. Thanks.

Game.rxdata 199.01 kB · 1 download

There is a taurus you have to ko to get that log, nothing is bugged

Posted (edited)

I'm not 100% sure if this belongs in this forum but technically I am stuck. I cant go through any doors with out crashing my game with the error message

Script 'PokemonMap' line 78: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'bridge=' for nil:NilClass 

Game_2.rxdata

Edited by chillPiel

2 hours ago, chillPiel said:

I'm not 100% sure if this belongs in this forum but technically I am stuck. I cant go through any doors with out crashing my game with the error message

Script 'PokemonMap' line 78: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'bridge=' for nil:NilClass 

Game_2.rxdata 133.12 kB · 0 downloads

If unzipping reborn doesn't work then use a backup

On 7/26/2020 at 4:13 AM, 12bombersintheair said:
  Hide contents

Hi all, 

got stuck in the water cleansing plant sewer place, I lost to the grunts before the gate that uses the Beryl Ward Key

Tia!!

Game_2.rxdata 139.39 kB · 0 downloads

Not sure which game file is the correct RXData, they both have the same timestamp... 

Game_2 - 337 - Harl - 39h 26m - 12 badges.rxdata 141.86 kB · 0 downloads

Top one is correct the second is a backup

@12bombersintheair fixed it for ya
Game_2.rxdata

Posted (edited)

Hello, hoping to get some assistance, seems like I might be soft locked? It's right after the Noel fight, everyone goes in the house, I go in and he's the only one there (in video walkthroughs I've seen the whole gang is supposed to be there) then he asks me to speak in the other room and when I go in, he's not there, and there's no one in the house anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Game.rxdata

Game After Fight.rxdata

Edited by Needstreams

On 8/2/2020 at 2:16 AM, Starry Knight said:

That's a backup

If u rename that to game_8 you'll be unstuck

i renamed it but im still stuck by the box and stairs

is there a specific way to rename it?

1 hour ago, surgexyz said:

i renamed it but im still stuck by the box and stairs

is there a specific way to rename it?

Game_8
.rxdata should be automatic
Here u go
Game_8.rxdata

@12bombersintheair
looks like you were playing around with Debug and the switches
I managed to get you to a safe point but you'll have to redo a couple battles
Game.rxdata

Hi, I made a previous post about getting some help, I was just wondering if I could get an update on that, I'm in no rush, just want to get back to playing, definitely one of my favorite pokemon games period. Thanks 🙂

10 hours ago, Needstreams said:

Hi, I made a previous post about getting some help, I was just wondering if I could get an update on that, I'm in no rush, just want to get back to playing, definitely one of my favorite pokemon games period. Thanks 🙂

I'm sorry I think I tagged wrong person
Trainer Lily?
If so defonately tagged wrong person last post for the game data

Oh awesome! Thank you so much! I don't know how that would've happened unless some minor wall walking could've caused that, either way I'll be extremely careful now! Yay! Thank you again!

3 minutes ago, Needstreams said:

Oh awesome! Thank you so much! I don't know how that would've happened unless some minor wall walking could've caused that, either way I'll be extremely careful now! Yay! Thank you again!

Sorry bout tagging the wrong person

Posted (edited)

So I tried playing with the save you gave me back, and it seems like that one is stuck as well, there's one battle for me to do (defend saphira) there's no other characters in the team hideout. I even tried reverting to a save that was a couple hours back, where  I replayed that entire area, and it still broke at the same spot for me as before. Do you think I should just completely start over?

Edit: I decided to just start over, this game is great enough to be played through again.

Edited by Needstreams
Giving up on problem/Starting over

3 hours ago, Needstreams said:

So I tried playing with the save you gave me back, and it seems like that one is stuck as well, there's one battle for me to do (defend saphira) there's no other characters in the team hideout. I even tried reverting to a save that was a couple hours back, where  I replayed that entire area, and it still broke at the same spot for me as before. Do you think I should just completely start over?

Edit: I decided to just start over, this game is great enough to be played through again.

Give me a couple hours and will fix that

Ik I had to reset a couple things completely in order to fix it