[E18] Un-stuck Me! The save file fixing thread

9 hours ago, ScarOfDestiny said:

So i am currently in episode 18, i did the espeon & glaceon puzzle but the fight against cain & shelly was to hard for me.
I went out to train my team, now i wanted to return to the story, got to the rooms down there but espeon & glaceon are gone.

I can not get back to the fight, because i can´t move these glass blocks.

Game.rxdata

Game.rxdata

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, they should be there now. Replace your file with this one.  Game.rxdata Edit: Ninja'd but Walpurgis, but i suppose now you get choices?

Fixed Game.rxdata   You're not able to go back to tanzan base because the entrance was destroyed. You should be able to find Simon in cemetery now. About squirtle, I think that you sh

You are a beautiful human being, and I'd buy you a drink if I could.   Cheers!

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Walpurgis said:

That's strange, it worked perfectly for me. Try this

Game.rxdata

Yo thanks mate, it worked, If your interested the message said "Script 'PokemonField' line 1655: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method 'spriteset' for#<Scene_Intro:Oxe5eb590> , then I had to press OK which closes the window.

Hi all, I've been into the game for about 14 hours and got completely stuck because I'm dumb : my game crashed during the double battle against Aster and Eclipse in the Grand Stairway cavern. I went into the fight a first time without any issue, but a minor bug towards the end of the fight caused the game to restart, which is fine usually. But as I reload the file, I'm dragged into the double battle without any chance of escaping it, and the problem is that it saved my team's health condition as well as Victoria's team, and all her pokemons were destroyed in the previous battle. So as we go into the fight, they send their mons casually but then the game crashes and tells me that it can't proceed or whatever due to Trainer 2 having all fainted pokemons. 
I'd be grateful if you could fix this, I'm having a blast playing through this game and it would be a shame not being able to keep playing !

Game.rxdata

4 hours ago, LoneDreamerCSSZ said:

Hi all, I've been into the game for about 14 hours and got completely stuck because I'm dumb : my game crashed during the double battle against Aster and Eclipse in the Grand Stairway cavern. I went into the fight a first time without any issue, but a minor bug towards the end of the fight caused the game to restart, which is fine usually. But as I reload the file, I'm dragged into the double battle without any chance of escaping it, and the problem is that it saved my team's health condition as well as Victoria's team, and all her pokemons were destroyed in the previous battle. So as we go into the fight, they send their mons casually but then the game crashes and tells me that it can't proceed or whatever due to Trainer 2 having all fainted pokemons. 
I'd be grateful if you could fix this, I'm having a blast playing through this game and it would be a shame not being able to keep playing !

Here you are.

Game.rxdata

Paste that into your saved games folder, replacing the old one.

You are standing in the same place, and you're still considered partnered with Victoria. I'd recommend doing the battle immediately, because I'm not sure what will happen if you try to leave.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, wcv said:

Here you are.

Game.rxdata

Paste that into your saved games folder, replacing the old one.

You are standing in the same place, and you're still considered partnered with Victoria. I'd recommend doing the battle immediately, because I'm not sure what will happen if you try to leave.

Everything's back to normal, thanks a lot, you made my day !

19 minutes ago, SDesertKicks said:

Hi guys, I left the glass station before the fight to get X-items but I can't get back in now. 

Game.rxdata

Did you try stepping one square down? Because when I loaded up your save I was on the ladder without a problem.

For some reason, the moment I stepped in the workstation and save my file went from ~250 kb to ~800 kb and it was too big to attach. The real problem is that Espeon was left near the door before the battle and I can't get to the battle because I need Espeon to shift the blocks. Sorry for the confusion!

On 2/5/2019 at 8:44 PM, SDesertKicks said:

For some reason, the moment I stepped in the workstation and save my file went from ~250 kb to ~800 kb and it was too big to attach. The real problem is that Espeon was left near the door before the battle and I can't get to the battle because I need Espeon to shift the blocks. Sorry for the confusion!

The change in size probably has something to do with all the data that stores where certain events are located (the glass pannels, the eevees, etc), so it's probably nothing to worry about. There should be two entrances to the workstation, the one you use to enter and the beginning and other that opens after you enable the elevators (in the room you and Hardy checked but found nothing), so as far as I know if you left on your own there should be no way to be locked out.

2 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

The change in size probably has something to do with all the data that stores where certain events are located (the glass pannels, the eevees, etc), so it's probably nothing to worry about. There should be two entrances to the workstation, the one you use to enter and the beginning and other that opens after you enable the elevators (in the room you and Hardy checked but found nothing), so as far as I know if you left on your own there should be no way to be locked out.

I don't know how to explain it, but if you open the save file and enter the building you will see that there is one block of glass that prevents entrance to the gauntlet and there is no way past. I tried using elevators and everything, but I can't get through. I think that the glass might have reset to original position when I left, and Espeon is in  a part I can't reach so I can't move the glass.

23 hours ago, SDesertKicks said:

I don't know how to explain it, but if you open the save file and enter the building you will see that there is one block of glass that prevents entrance to the gauntlet and there is no way past. I tried using elevators and everything, but I can't get through. I think that the glass might have reset to original position when I left, and Espeon is in  a part I can't reach so I can't move the glass.

Do you mean this?

image.png.57ca9c85be187c837a0d67ee775d2ad6.png

It kinda looks like you can't pass but it's actually passable.

image.png.cea6b3380dd266e508521231eb0c2f91.png

Just in case theres any other issue that I'm not noticing for some reason here's your save, you should be in front of espeon now

Game.rxdata

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Fuchsia said:

Left game up in background for a while, came back to it and it said that it's taking to long to respond and I accidentally saved it, mid dialogue. Now I can't move and the dialogue isn't continuing 🙁

Game.rxdata

Here you go. Basically you were sent to Pyrous mountain to deal with the meteors alongside Cain while Victoria looks after the sick Kiki. Game.rxdata

4 hours ago, Walpurgis said:

Here you go. Basically you were sent to Pyrous mountain to deal with the meteors alongside Cain while Victoria looks after the sick Kiki. Game.rxdata

Smh, those guys are really taking advantage of my kind nature, getting me to do damn near everything >:0

Thanks bud!

• Like 1

Ok. I'm not too sure if this is the right place to put it but I'm just gonna take a chance. Long story short, computer froze for like 10 minutes when I was playing the game and then when it unfroze, I saved the game, restarted my computer and then went to sleep. Next day, went to open it up and it wouldn't let me progress to the start game screen. I'm not TOO sure but I think it might be corrupted but if it isn't, maybe someone can help me?

Game.rxdata

On 2/10/2019 at 7:09 AM, J-Awesome_One said:

Ok. I'm not too sure if this is the right place to put it but I'm just gonna take a chance. Long story short, computer froze for like 10 minutes when I was playing the game and then when it unfroze, I saved the game, restarted my computer and then went to sleep. Next day, went to open it up and it wouldn't let me progress to the start game screen. I'm not TOO sure but I think it might be corrupted but if it isn't, maybe someone can help me?

Game.rxdata

Super late response, sorry :___
Yeah, that looks corrupted, try using a backup.

https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18748-a-guide-to-using-your-backup-saves/

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

Super late response, sorry :___
Yeah, that looks corrupted, try using a backup.

https://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18748-a-guide-to-using-your-backup-saves/

It's alright. And I know how to use a back up. The only problem is that my back up is all the way to a little bit after I won the 9th badge and at this point, I already beaten Amaria. But thanks anyways. At least I definitely know for sure now.

Game.rxdata

I used Mods for controlling weather to get me a tropius (and something else probably) and later I noticed my last box in PC turned into >Shared box< (which I by the way never figured how to use even). Anyway, now there is an absol in that box while before I drag the Mods folder into my reborn folder, I actually had probably 12+ pokemon in my >box 50< that I just started to train including pseudo legendary dragons i just acquired in ep 18, dusk lycanroc, drizzle pelliper and not sure what else. I assume the dragon event pokemon are no repeatable even. So...can you pls see can you recover my pokemon from box 50? Give me box 50 instead of shared box again?  

21 hours ago, Tina said:

So...can you pls see can you recover my pokemon from box 50? Give me box 50 instead of shared box again?  

Basically, no we can’t. Most that can be done is give you new ones. To do that we’ll need what Pokemon you are now missing.

12 minutes ago, wcv said:

Basically, no we can’t. Most that can be done is give you new ones. To do that we’ll need what Pokemon you are now missing.

I have my boxes sorted towards levels, trade, support moves and skills... instead of looking for empty space among them i just dropped these pokemon in last box, as it was next to first one and handy. Well I won't be using that one anymore...  Luckily I put larvitar and deino in another box. 

Pls then just drop Jangmo-O, bagon and axew into my box 1 ("Ready"). I will get myself another pelliper and dusk lycanroc. And I cant remember what else I had there, only know that i cant get the dragons again from events... 

Game.rxdata