Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods

Reuploaded DDDL and Spork

DDDL:

-fixed move animation lag

Spork Updates:

-added EXP All (thanks to Vince&Sylveon for the script research!)

-EXP Share has been moved to the starting room at Virima Hotel, and the EXP All is also there

-added Adamant Crystal and Lustrous Globe (which can be found in Cosmic Castle)

-Guardian's nickname theme changed from Animal Crossing Pocket Camp essences to Animal Crossing villagers (thanks to Steffi and Palletite for nickname research!)

-Gigantamega Urshifu added

-removed daytime and nighttime requirement of happiness evo methods for Budew, Chingling, Riolu, and Snom, meaning at max happiness they can now evolve regardless of the time of day

-removed nighttime requirement for Sneasel and Gligar evos, meaning you just need to use a Razor Claw or Razor Fang respectively to evolve them now

-Enigma made an update to Kelani's battle sprite (heart on shirt changed from black to red)

-Urshifu on Planet Spork Mustard simulation team now mega evolves

-added Ice Ball to the list of moves the Virima Hotel move tutor can teach

Spork Bug Fixes:

-fixed move animation lag (thanks to Nicocchi for the script research!)

-Nuzzle now has the correct function code (previously had Thunder's function code)

-the Nessa simulation team on Planet Spork now just has one Pelipper instead of two; the accidental second Pelipper is now Quagsire

-can no longer walk through the middle right tile of a specific tree in Opaque Valley

-can no longer walk out of bounds in Virima Library by going left or right of the entranceway into the black space

The EXP All starts as turned on, but can be toggled off and on in your inventory. 

Move animation lag: in battles, when a Pokemon used a move, it would previously take a few seconds longer for the animation to show and the move to be used than Reborn and other fangames that use Reborn's custom animations. I was PM'd about this in April by the user Nicocchi who was able to fix it after investigating some of the script sections!

The reason that this is a smaller reupload of mainly QOL updates despite the amount of time between last reupload and this one is because I jumped the pun with adding PLA Pokemon. Something that had come up in the PM convo about move animation lag was the Reborn mod Plates of Arceus, which I looked at the thread for and saw it had PLA Pokemon added. I was excited to be able to add them, so I shifted around reupload plans to adding PLA Pokemon, but I didn't realize until after I'd already added the data for them that not all shiny sprites and backsprites have been completed yet by the projects that the Plates of Arceus mod uses. Additionally, I searched online and didn't find any overworld sprites for any of the PLA Pokemon yet.

By the time I realized I didn't have all the resources needed to make them available yet, I had already added all of the data for the PLA Pokemon, the evolution items for Kleavor and Ursaluna, PLA character simulation teams to Planet Spork, and evolution method info to the evomethodsandotherchanges notepad file. This was too much to just delete, because I would have to readd everything in a future reupload if I did that, so I just made a lot of it hidden. After this, I didn't want to widen the gap between reuploads too much by starting on something major or time-consuming when I had already spent a lot of time on this. I was also eager to get a few of these QOL updates out there. Thank you for your patience! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • Global Mods

wJw604E.png

RMHot32.png

DDDL:

-There are now nature changer and Ability Capsule NPCs (Ability Capsules are given by the NPC that gives healing items)

-Olidroll Sweets Shop now has Whipped Dream; the item they're out of has been changed to Cotton Candy

Spork Updates:

-added the following items: EXP Candies, Reborn ice cream flavors, Cotton Candy from Reborn, and a new item called Mini Pie

• EXP Candies are given as rewards for the Temple of Time battle replays
  • Reborn ice cream flavor vendor locations: an NPC in Ashley's Dance Studio who looks like a Pokemart clerk, a Vanillite near the vending machines in the Olidroll Department Store, and ICSW's Vanilluxe in Crystal Castle
  • Cotton Candy is sold in the Olidroll Sweets Shop
  • Mini Pie is sold on the battle items floor of the Olidroll Department Store. On the same floor, you can get a free sample from Carol

-Lemon's Pikachu is now Pikachu Belle

-Peach's Solgaleo changed to Victini (nickname Frye)

-Galarian Legendary Birds now have their own party screen icons (previously were using Galarian Slowpoke as a placeholder)

Spork Bug Fixes:

-Orbeetle now learns Psychic at level 36 and After You at level 40 instead of level 36 (previously, Psychic was missing from Orbeetle's level up learnset, and After You was learned at the level Psychic was supposed to be learned)

-Volcarona now has the canon shiny sprite instead of the Reborn one

-Hatterene now has the correct battle cry

I realized that there's not a version of the X items for evasion, and Mini Pie is like if there were an X Evasion. The free sample from Carol can be obtained at any point in the game after the Department Store is open. Carol's dialogue will have a few different lines depending on whether you've already met her in the main story, and if the first time you meet Carol is getting the free Mini Pie sample, she'll acknowledge that when you first meet her in the main story at Ocean Coast. 

The Reborn ice cream flavors were added because of an expansion to the Sea Star Society Food Section that Enigma made for the map revamps. There will be a few more vendors in the revamped version of the map: one that sells the Reborn ice cream flavors, one that sells Rare Candies, and one that sells the vending machine drinks. I also decided to add Cotton Candy to the game while I was at it because I think it fits Spork's atmosphere, and could be sold along with the EXP Candies by the Rare Candy vendor. (to be clear: I didn't add any map revamps in this reupload, this is for the future when the Sea Star Society maps are ready to be added) EXP Candies were actually planned to be added as rewards for the Temple of Time battle replays in the same reupload that was done, but I was unsuccessful in scripting them at the time. However, I was successful for this reupload! 

Since Splatoon 3 was released recently, I started looking at Peach's team to see if any new characters would fit as nicknames for his team. This is also what led to replacing Solgaleo on his team with Victini. The reasons he had Solgaleo were that Peach has a lot of energy like the sun, and Natalie has Lunala so it would be an opportunity for both to be on characters' teams. But when thinking about Victini, both are small and full of energy, and the energy connection with Victini is more direct than with Solgaleo on top of Victini and Peach both being small. 

A lot of food items were added this reupload! 🍨 🥧830253903660187659.webp?size=128&quality=lossless

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods

zK6SPGQ.png

Reuploaded Spork

Updates:

-custom shiny Durant made by Steffi 

-Cosplay Pikachu forms are now available for the player by speaking to a Pikachu in the Contest Hall (specifically in the area where the contests are going on)

-EXP All now looks like how it did in Gen 1 (item icon made by Steffi)

-when fishing, if you hook a Pokemon, it'll be landed automatically. This means that you don't have to worry about getting the exact button timing with the "Oh! A bite!" sequence

-The X items ingredient mixing NPC at the Vitamin Factory can now make X Evasion 2, X Evasion 3, and X Evasion 6 variations from Mini Pies

Bug Fixes:

-Cufant now has the correct battle cry

The colors of shiny Durant are based on Flick from Animal Crossing! Flick is a bug enthusiast who hosts Bug-Off events and buys insects for higher prices than can normally be sold for. He also can make figures of insects. I think Flick would really like the shiny Durant!862736454229032980.webp?size=128&quality=lossless

This is a shorter reupload. For the last part of the year, I'll probably be very busy between Sonic Frontiers, Pokemon Violet, and testing for ep 6 of Desolation, so I wanted to do a reupload around this time in case I wouldn't be able to later in November or December. However, before I end the post, I'd also like to show you a preview of the revamped Raila Jungle that Enigma recently completed: 

PtCFa6W.png

I was very amazed at how much Raila Jungle had been expanded! The revamped jungle has several different areas that include a bridge over a waterfall shown in the image above, an arena for Stryker, Xurkitree getting its own area for its event, and a puzzle that involves finding Pikachu and feeding them pancakes to evolve them into Alolan Raichu. 

To avoid any confusion: no new map revamps have been added for this reupload, this is a preview of the future. All of the additions, changes, and bug fixes for reuploads are noted in the notes at the beginning of reupload announcement posts.

I hope you all have a good rest of 2022! 

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods

DDDL:

-Changed hail weather to match snow weather in Gen 9, and the move Hail has been changed to Snowscape

Spork Updates:

-added a Paldea quiz to the region quizzes in the Trainer School

-Changed hail weather to match snow weather in Gen 9, and the move Hail has been changed to Snowscape

-added moves Trailblaze, Pounce, Chilling Water, Twin Beam, Aqua Cutter, Comeuppance, Behemoth Blade, Behemoth Bash, Bleakwind Storm, Headlong Rush, Mystical Power, Power Shift, Psyshield Bash, Raging Fury, Sandsear Storm, Shelter, Wave Crash, Wildbolt Storm, Ice Spinner, Steel Roller, and Eerie Spell

-added abilities Sharpness and Steam Engine

-added TMs for Trailblaze, Pounce, Chilling Water, and Ice Spinner

-added Power Shift to Gellene Town move tutor

-added Steel Roller to Inoset Island Pokemon Center move tutor

-updated Regirock rap

-added item Protective Pads (sold in the Battle Mall, and is also a Battle Frontier prize)

-added dialogue after Draga gym battle indicating where to go next

-added a move tutor to Wonky Woods for the moves that existed in previous gens and became TMs in Gen 9: Take Down, Mud Slap, Acid Spray, Psybeam, Confuse Ray, Disarming Voice, Poison Tail, and Metal Claw

-it no longer needs to be daytime to evolve Happiny into Chansey, only the Oval Stone is required now (I never knew that it needed to be daytime for Happiny to evolve)

-the Name Rater is now a Feraligatr called the Name Gator

-name of notepad file gen7and8movesandabilities changed to gen7+movesandabilities so that each gen doesn't make the name longer

Spork Bug Fixes:

-fixed a land tile being on a bridge in Forest of Feeling

-can no longer walk through a wall tile above the sink and cupboards in Twilight Tavern

-Steelix now gets Gyro Ball at level 20 like Onix does

-Gallade and Froslass's gender ratio changed to 50/50 to match the rest of their line since all Kirlia and Snorunt can evolve into them

-fixed typo where Jirachi said "becuase" instead of "because" when meeting it at Mt. Comet

-when Aurora Hail is used, it now says that Aurora Hail raised the team's defenses instead of Aurora Veil

This reupload starts setting the stage for when Gen 9 Pokemon can be added in the future. In addition to the Gen 9 moves and abilities I was able to add along with PLA moves that SV changed to match the usual battle system, I felt inspired to try a few from Gen 8 that I either wasn't confident I could script before, or tried in the past and didn't succeed. 

For the Name Rater (now Gator), my original plan was to change renaming to be like PLA and SV where you can rename them any time from the party menu, but I was unsuccessful in scripting that. Every time I tried, I either got an error when loading up the game or when going into the Rename option. I thought of the Name Gator pun while I was trying to do that. In the future I'd definitely like to try again for renaming and relearning moves to be as accessible as they've become in the official games. I would still like to keep the Name Gator if that happens though!

For the Regirock rap: I updated Cherry's rap at the Rap Battle House in 2021, and recently wanted to see what I could do here too.

6andcit.png

The Paldea quiz is the region quiz I enjoyed making the most! Paldea has a lot of history and a colorful cast of characters. I had close to a dozen questions I thought of and had to narrow them down to 5. I also made sure to avoid any questions that would be spoilers. 

Happy New Year! I'm excited for Spork in 2023 and I hope it'll be a great year! 🎆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

bokhMxS.png

H5vnTy1.png

M8mr6MC.png

0ueHyRF.png

VNQD8yt.png

pMMJATF.png

vFBbhhz.png

niIcu8L.png

NihM52I.png

Reuploaded Spork

Updates:

-Enigma revamped maps added: Sea of Knowledge, Ocean Coast, Staryu Cove (formerly Staryu Valley), Serenity Seaside, most of Sea Star Society (all of the sections before Celium Park), Hemola Swamp, Water Treatment Plant (🆕), Raila Jungle, Astral Observatory, Lunar Lake (🆕), Molten Mountain, Happy Hot Springs, Mt. Comet, Petilil Prairie, Giggly Grove (formerly Giggly Grasslands), Cosmic Castle

-custom shiny Munchlax and Snorlax (including gigantamega) shinies made by Steffi

-battle backgrounds for new Sea Star Society Shopping, Food, Help, Community, and Battle sections made by Steffi

-new Yellow Sea battle background made by Steffi

-Musical Corsola now holds an Air Balloon in the Team Chaotix battle

-Tomas's birthplace changed from Virbank City, Unova to Levincia, Paldea 

-expanded Brutus's dialogue at the Sea Star battle tournament

Bug Fixes:

-the water at the southeast part of Inoset Island no longer has map transfers that takes the player to black space within the dream starter selection

-thetmandtutorlocationlist notepad file has been updated to call TM07 Snowscape instead of Hail

-when first speaking to Mulder for his Earth Plate quest at Hemola Swamp, he now refers to the player by their name instead of always calling them Sierran

-the player's head no longer overlaps with the bottom of palm trees at Inoset Island 

The next batch of map revamps have arrived! Please make sure to not be in any of the older versions of the mentioned maps before updating. The map revamps now go up to the 14th gym, meaning that this covers three new badges of revamped content. The preview I showed of Raila Jungle two reupload posts ago applies to a lot of the new maps in this batch: areas that were previously many events packed onto a single small map have been expanded, and there are a lot of background details that enhance the atmosphere and environment of the maps. As with the previous batch of revamps, there are a couple new maps here too. 

For Celium Park and the areas beyond in the Sea Star Society: although revamped maps were made for them, they were lost due to file corruption. Enigma plans to remake those maps again in the future. 

The Totoro-based shiny Munchlax and Snorlax were an idea Steffi came up with! The Munchlax is based on the small white Mini Totoro, while Snorlax (and the gigantamega) are based on the main Totoro. Snorlax and Totoro definitely have a lot of similarities, and I think all the shiny sprites for the line turned out very cute!

Some of the major changes and additions that come with this batch of map revamps:

• Both parts of the Sea of Knowledge have a handful of questions that you answer in order to proceed. 
  • Ocean Coast has a new map structure. It's north of the first part of Sea of Knowledge, and the second part is to the east. Staryu Cove (new name for Staryu Valley) and Serenity Seaside are to the west of Ocean Coast, and Hemola Swamp is through a gatehouse in Staryu Cove. 
  • The locked house in Serenity Seaside becomes the player and Emily's house in the postgame
  • Like previous revamped dive areas, the Ocean Coast/Sea Star Society underwater diving spot is now a proper map of its own instead of being a small nondescript transition map between the two areas.
  • The Heart Scale vendor in the Sea Star Society was replaced with an area called Heart's Cradle, where you can fish for Luvdisc which hold Heart Scales. 
  • As mentioned in a previous reupload post, the Food Section has a few new vendors: one that sells candy (Rare Candies, EXP Candies, and Cotton Candy), one that sells the vending machine drinks, and one that sells the Reborn ice cream flavors
  • I added Heart Scales as additional rewards for the Help Section sidequests and the tournament. Also of note, there's a monitor in the tournament that was originally intended to be used for the Help Section quests, however Enigma later decided to keep the NPC quest interaction the same. Although the monitor currently doesn't do anything, I kept it in case I have an idea for a Gen 9 Pokemon event related to it. 
  • There's now an official building and arena for the tournament at the Battle Section. Two new battles have also been added with Kelani and a new character, Alexander. Like Kelani, Alexander is a character from Enigma's fangame Pokemon Conspiracy. He wouldn't be a familiar face to those who played Conspiracy because he was from future/unreleased content, but he's Zhyion's Dark-type Gym Leader, Kelani's boyfriend, and makes trance and DnB music!
  • The Sea Star School has been expanded into the Sea Star University, and the Learning Section also now has the Sea Star Library. For the quiz to get the Sea Star Diploma, I changed it to where you get the diploma for speaking to the teacher after answering all the questions on both parts of the Sea of Knowledge
  • Tomas's Gym is now the Water Treatment Plant, which is located in Hemola Swamp. The Water Treatment Plant has a puzzle where there are four monitors with four number options each. You have to select the options from each that add up to a total of 💯 in order to purify the water. I added a hint system with the Grimer that swim around the plant, but I'm unsure whether the hint system is too little, too much, or just right, and I expect to adjust it in the future based on feedback. 
  • Crimson Path has been removed. Belinda and Belladonna's house will be in a completely new town in a future batch of map revamps (you still meet them during the story in the jungle). The wild Pokemon that were previously in Crimson Path can now be found in the first part of Raila Jungle. 
  • In Raila Jungle, you need to feed pancakes called Claire Cakes to five Pikachu throughout the jungle, which evolves them into Alolan Raichu, in order to power the bell to Umira. The Claire Cakes will be given to you as you progress through the story there. 
  • Raila Shrine has been removed, and Tapu Koko's event has been changed. In the postgame, the Pikachu you evolved into Alolan Raichu will be back, and Tapu Koko will appear after you've battled all of them. 
  • Lunar Lake is a new area to the east of Astral Observatory. This is where Cresselia and the Sun and Moon Shrines are. 
  • Molten Mountain now has several floors, and Happy Hot Springs is near the top. 
  • In order to proceed to Giggly Grove (new name for Giggly Grasslands) from Petilil Prairie, you have one of two options given by a Lilligant named Delilah: a Sudoku-based flower puzzle or paying 40 Miracle Seeds. Only one is required, but you can do both if you want to (when Gen 9 is added in the future, you'll need to do both for Wo-Chien's quest). 
  • Cosmic Castle now lives up to the castle part of its name. 

Thanks a lot to Enigma for continually making major improvements to Spork's maps, to Steffi and Palletite for Spork's colorful and friendly sprites, and everyone else who's helped and supported Spork throughout the years! 🎉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Global Mods

Very important bug-fixing reupload:

-fixed not being able to enter Celium Park due to Emily, Delicia, and Crolea not having the conversation where they go there and continuing to stand in front of the door after you've done everything in the outer sections

-the vendors behind boxes at the Sea Star Society Food Section can now be interacted with

-the sign at the Sea of Knowledge in front of the Slowbronite now disappears after correctly answering the question

-the player's head no longer overlaps with pillars at the Sea Star Society Learning Section

-the Sea Star Society maps now have the correct fountain autotile

-Molten Mountain autotiles no longer missing

-can no longer surf through the railings at the Water Treatment Plant and the Giggly Grove bridge

-invisible Vanilluxe at Sea Star Society Food Section is now visible

Additionally, the music that plays in the tournament building and arena for the Sea Star Society Battle Section is now the Wyndon Tournament Lobby music from SWSH. 

• Like 1

• Global Mods

New bug-fixing reupload:

-Molten Mountain and Giggly Grove now have fog as intended

-can no longer walk through the fountains at Sea Star Society Learning Section

-at the Astral Observatory, the move tutor now turns back to where she was originally facing along with the other researchers after the conversations with them

-adjusted the screen color tone when entering Mt. Comet

-the sand at the first part of the Sea of Knowledge now matches the sand at the second part

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Reupload #3 for map revamp batch #3, which also comes with 3 notes!

-Xurkitree intro event activation changed from parallel process to autorun

-lightning readded to Raila Jungle

-updated some outdated info in the House of Gratitude. Specifically:

• Enigma's monument said the revamps currently go up to Liliech City, when they now go up to Giggly Grove
  • Vince's monument mentioned Forest Guardian when his current project is Virtualization; both are now mentioned
  • Ame's monument said that I'd been part of the Reborn community for 5 years, when it's now been 8 years. I changed it to "several years" so that it would always be accurate

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

cQM3Vth.png

DDDL:

-Crolea's team: Stufful -> Teddiursa

-the game no longer crashes when opening due to leftover Hail data which has now been changed to Snowscape

Spork Updates:

-PLA Pokemon have been added

-Crolea's team: Bewear -> Ursaluna

-Peat Block and Black Augurite available at the Battle Mall (the Beedrill NPC)

-PLA character simulation teams now available at Planet Spork

-Gallade can now learn Sacred Sword

-moves added: Bitter Malice, Springtide Storm, Esper Wing, Mountain Gale, Victory Dance

Spork Bug Fixes:

-can no longer walk on a tree tile near Stryker's arena at Raila Jungle

This reupload is earlier than originally planned. By that I don't mean that the content of the reupload didn't take as long to add as I thought it would, but that I had to reupload early because I discovered a game-breaking bug in DDDL where the game crashes upon opening it because there was some leftover Hail data in the PBS files. It seems like I didn't remember to replace all mentions of Hail with Snowscape in Pokemon learnsets and trainer teams. I discovered this when I opened DDDL last night after changing Crolea's Stufful with Teddiursa. I'm not sure how I managed to not discover this before the last DDDL reupload...I wonder if I forgot to open the game and compile the files after making the Snowscape changes. Interestingly, while Delicia's Return to Dreamland had the same leftover Hail data, it was only DDDL that crashed, but everything has now been updated there too as mentioned in the Return to Dreamland thread. 

On the topic of not being sure how something happens, I'm also not sure why I ever changed Crolea's Teddiursa to Stufful when adding Gen 7 to begin with. Crolea's team is supposed to be space themed, and while any bear would fit due to the Ursa constellations, Teddiursa, Ursaring, and now Ursaluna directly have the moon in their designs, so they were already a perfect fit.

As for what was originally planned for this reupload that will now be in the next reupload: there will be item gifts to go along with each starter Pokemon. These items would be related to the Pokemon in some way. It could be an item that evolves them, an item that changes their form, or just one that relates to their design (like Vanillite and ice cream). More details about the process will be explained next time when that reupload happens. 

W8Xfrxb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

BchB2Ms.png

Reuploaded Spork

Updates:

-every starter now comes with at least one item gift

-just before the battles with the Fruit Squad at Victory Road, there's now a warning that you're about to do seven battles in a row with no breaks in between in case you don't have time right away and need to come back later

-added signs in front of each of the Battle Mall rooms with the kinds of items that are sold there

-House of Gratitude: Steffi monument updated to mention scripting assistance (like alphabetical bag sorting), RPG Maker testing, and suggestions

-the evolution stone used to evolve Nosepass and Magneton has been changed from Link Stone to Thunder Stone since they now evolve through Thunder Stone in the official games

Bug Fixes:

-the Razor Claw and Razor Fang now work when attempting to evolve Sneasel and Gligar respectively (I think removing the nighttime requirement in a previous reupload caused them to stop working somehow)

-Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, and Enamorus now appear after getting the Reveal Glass

-Entei is no longer missing from starter selection

-XY Mega Venusaur and SWSH Mega Venusaur no longer have overlapping stats

-when battling Lass Ayumu at the Sea Star Society Pokemon Center, the player's Pokemon are now healed after the battle. Previously, Ayumu said she would heal them and the healing jingle played, but they weren't actually healed

-can no longer walk through the wall tile between the TV and computer in Belinda's room in Mysterious Mansion

-can no longer walk through part of a group of bushes in Hemola Swamp

-can no longer walk through multiple trees in Raila Jungle

-fixed typo when speaking to a trainer after battle in the snowy section of Weather Wonderland: "thinking it was a real" -> "thinking it was real"

-when about to battle Rania at the Training Gym, she now turns to face the player as the battle is about to start

-the receptionist at the Sea Star University can now be interacted with

-if you speak to Felicia from the right at Crolea's birthday party, you won't be standing on top of Litwick when Felicia brings it out anymore

For the starter item gifts: this was an idea I'd had in the background for a few months, but the priority was upped after a wiki comment suggesting something similar, pointing to Applin as an example of a Pokemon that doesn't get many moves until it evolves. I looked up Applin's level-up learnset and was surprised that it only gets Withdraw and Astonish. 

Some details about the general process of the starter item gifts: 

• If a Pokemon evolves through an item, it gets the item that evolves it 
  • If a Pokemon needs an incense to hatch from an egg, it gets the incense
  • If a Pokemon has a Mega Evolution or other form achieved through an item, it gets the Mega Stone or form-changing item
  • If none of the above apply, the Pokemon gets an item that could be related to its type, physical appearance, behavior, etc. 
  • Some Pokemon have more than one item. For example, Eevee has all the evolution stones it needs to evolve

Some Pokemon were very easy to know which item(s) to give, and others were more challenging. Since there are a lot of Pokemon and a lot of items, I'm sure that sometime in the future I'll realize an obvious connection I wasn't thinking of before and change some. That already happened a few times when I was going through and adding them. The biggest one being Teddiursa. I hadn't thought of Gummy Teddiursa originally and only realized a few regions later. 

I went back and forth a lot about whether I should include Mega Stones among the item gifts. On one hand, even if you have the Mega Stone early, you don't get the Mega Ring until after the 15th gym, at which point it's possible you'd have already found the same Mega Stone in its natural location. On the other hand, maybe there could still be something to say for not needing to seek it out, it makes some Pokemon easier to think of item gifts for, and there are some Mega Stones that aren't available until areas after the Mega Ring. Even though I did decide to include them, I do think both angles have valid points to consider. 

Although I didn't add a notepad file to the game folder for the starter item gifts, I did keep track of all of them. Listed below are all of them separated by region. As mentioned earlier, these are subject to change if better connections are found. But I hope you like the items that go with the starter you choose!

Kanto Starter Item Gifts:

Spoiler

Bulbasaur: Miracle Seed, Absorb Bulb, Venusaurite, Venusaurite G
Charmander: Charcoal, Charizardite Y, Charizardite G 
Squirtle: Mystic Water, Blastoisinite, Blastoisinite G
Caterpie: Butterfreenite
Weedle: Beedrillite
Pidgey: Pidgeotite
Rattata: Focus Sash
Spearow: Sharp Beak
Ekans: Poison Barb
Sandshrew: Soft Sand
Nidoran (both): Moon Stone, Poison Barb
Vulpix: Fire Stone
Zubat: Soothe Bell
Oddish: Leaf Stone, Sun Stone
Paras: Tiny Mushroom (2)
Venonat: Silver Powder
Diglett: TM102 Dig
Meowth: Amulet Coin, Meowthite
Psyduck: Soup or Potion
Mankey: Rage Candy Bar
Growlithe: Fire Stone
Poliwag: Water Stone, King's Rock
Abra: Twisted Spoon, Link Stone, Alakazite
Machop: Macho Brace, Link Stone, Power Belt, Machampite
Bellsprout: Leaf Stone
Tentacool: Poison Barb
Geodude: Link Stone, Hard Stone
Ponyta: Shuca Berry
Slowpoke: King's Rock, Slowbronite
Magnemite: Magnet, Link Stone
Farfetch'd: Stick
Doduo: Sharp Beak
Seel: Mystic Water
Grimer: Black Sludge
Shellder: Water Stone
Gastly: Link Stone, Smoke Ball, Gengarite, Gengarite G
Onix: Metal Coat, Lagging Tail, Steelixite
Drowzee: Dream Ball
Krabby: Kinglerite
Voltorb: Poke Ball
Exeggcute: Leaf Stone, Sun Stone
Cubone: Thick Club, Fire Stone, Rare Bone
Lickitung: Leftovers
Koffing: Smoke Ball, Dawn Stone
Rhyhorn: Protector
Tangela: Destiny Knot
Kangaskhan: Kangaskhanite
Horsea: Dragon Scale
Goldeen: Mystic Water
Staryu: Water Stone
Scyther: Metal Coat, Black Augurite, Scizorite
Pinsir: Pinsirite
Tauros: Iron Ball
Magikarp: Gyaradosite
Lapras: Laprasite
Ditto: Quick Powder, Metal Powder
Eevee: Water Stone, Thunder Stone, Fire Stone, Soothe Bell, Leaf Stone, Ice Stone, Shiny Stone
Porygon: Up-Grade, Dubious Disc
Omanyte: Shell Bell
Kabuto: Rocky Helmet
Aerodactyl: Aerodactylite
Articuno: Nevermeltice
Zapdos: Zap Plate
Moltres: Flame Plate
Dratini: Mystic Water
Mewtwo: Mewtwonite X, Mewtwonite Y
Mew: Lum Berry

Johto Starter Item Gifts

Spoiler

Chikorita: Miracle Seed
Cyndaquil: Charcoal, Dusk Stone
Totodile: Mystic Water
Sentret: Ring Target
Hoothoot: Moon Ball
Ledyba: Comet Shard
Spinarak: Net Ball
Chinchou: Lure Ball
Pichu: Light Ball, Thunder Stone, Sun Stone, Soothe Bell, Pikachutite, Electric Seed
Cleffa: Soothe Bell, Moon Stone
Igglybuff: Soothe Bell, Moon Stone, Air Balloon
Togepi: Soothe Bell, Shiny Stone, Lucky Egg
Natu: Psychic Gem
Mareep: Ampharosite, Cotton Candy
Hoppip: Cotton Candy
Aipom: Protective Pads
Sunkern: Sun Stone, Miracle Seed
Yanma: Wide Lens
Wooper: Fresh Water
Murkrow: Dusk Stone
Misdreavus: Dusk Stone
Unown: Expert Belt
Girafarig: Persim Berry
Pineco: Shed Shell, Metal Coat
Dunsparce: Nugget
Gligar: Razor Fang
Snubbull: Pink Bow
Qwilfish: Poison Barb
Shuckle: Berry Juice
Heracross: Heracronite
Sneasel: Razor Claw
Teddiursa: Peat Block, Moon Ball, Gummy Teddiursa
Slugma: Lava Cookie
Swinub: Big Mushroom
Corsola: Luminous Moss
Remoraid: Lure Ball, Smoke Ball
Delibird: Nevermeltice
Skarmory: Metal Coat
Houndour: Houndoominite
Phanpy: Passho Berry
Stantler: Mind Plate
Smeargle: Premier Ball
Tyrogue: Black Belt
Smoochum: Aspear Berry
Elekid: Electirizer, Cell Battery
Magby: Magmarizer
Miltank: Moomoo Milk
Raikou: Zap Plate
Entei: Charcoal
Suicune: Mystic Water
Larvitar: Tyranitarite
Lugia: Pretty Feather
Ho-Oh: Pretty Feather
Celebi: Lum Berry

Hoenn Starter Item Gifts

Spoiler

Treecko: Miracle Seed, Sceptilite
Torchic: Charcoal, Blazikenite
Mudkip: Mystic Water, Swampertite
Poochyena: Pecha Berry
Zigzagoon: Silk Scarf
Wurmple: Silver Powder
Lotad: Water Stone
Seedot: Leaf Stone
Taillow: Sharp Beak
Wingull: Sitrus Berry
Ralts: Gardevoirite, Galladite, Dawn Stone
Surskit: Honey
Shroomish: Big Mushroom
Slakoth: TM44 Rest
Nincada: Focus Sash, Poke Ball
Whismur: Throat Spray
Makuhita: Black Belt
Azurill: Soothe Bell, Sea Incense
Nosepass: Link Stone
Skitty: Moon Stone
Sableye: Sablenite
Mawile: Mawilite
Aron: Aggronite
Meditite: Medichamite
Electrike: Manectite
Plusle: Cell Battery
Minun: Cell Battery
Volbeat: Bright Powder
Illumise: Bright Powder
Gulpin: Black Sludge
Carvanha: Sharpedonite
Wailmer: Wailmer Pail
Numel: Cameruptite, Lava Cookie
Torkoal: Smoke Ball, Lava Cookie
Spoink: Pearl
Spinda: Persim Berry
Trapinch: Soft Sand
Cacnea: Sticky Barb
Swablu: Altarianite
Zangoose: Quick Claw
Seviper: Poison Barb
Lunatone: Moon Stone
Solrock: Sun Stone
Barboach: Lure Ball
Corphish: Star Piece
Baltoy: Light Clay, Poke Doll
Lileep: Big Root
Anorith: Net Ball
Feebas: Prism Scale
Castform: TM07 Snowscape, TM11 Sunny Day, TM18 Rain Dance, TM37 Sandstorm
Kecleon: Sitrus Berry
Shuppet: Banettite
Duskull: Reaper Cloth, Dusk Ball
Tropius: Nanab Berry
Absol: Absolite
Wynaut: Lax Incense
Snorunt: Glalitite, Dawn Stone
Spheal: Snowball
Clamperl: Deepseatooth, Deepseascale, Pearl
Relicanth: Relic Copper, Relic Silver, Relic Gold, Relic Vase, Relic Band, Relic Statue, Relic Crown
Luvdisc: Heart Scale, Love Ball
Bagon: Salamencite
Beldum: Metagrossite
Regirock: Hard Stone
Regice: Nevermeltice
Registeel: Metal Coat
Latias: Soul Dew, Latiasite
Latios: Soul Dew, Latiosite
Kyogre: Blue Orb
Groudon: Red Orb
Rayquaza: Yache Berry
Jirachi: Comet Shard
Deoxys: Psychic Gem

Sinnoh Starter Item Gifts

Spoiler

Turtwig: Miracle Seed
Chimchar: Charcoal
Piplup: Mystic Water
Starly: Sharp Beak
Bidoof: Oran Berry
Shinx: Star Piece
Budew: Soothe Bell, Rose Incense, Shiny Stone
Cranidos: Rocky Helmet
Shieldon: Rocky Helmet
Burmy: Assault Vest
Combee: Honey
Pachirisu: Sitrus Berry
Buizel: Ring Target
Cherubi: Cheri Berry, TM11 Sunny Day
Shellos: Shell Bell
Drifloon: Air Balloon
Buneary: Lopunnite, Soothe Bell
Glameow: Silk Scarf
Chingling: Soothe Bell, Pure Incense
Stunky: Smoke Ball
Bronzor: Iron Ball
Bonsly: Rock Incense
Mime Jr.: Odd Incense, Ice Stone
Happiny: Oval Stone, Soothe Bell, Luck Incense, Lucky Egg, Heal Ball
Chatot: Throat Spray
Spiritomb: Odd Keystone
Gible: Garchompite
Munchlax: Soothe Bell, Full Incense, Snorlaxite
Riolu: Lucarionite, Soothe Bell
Hippopotas: Smooth Rock
Skorupi: Poison Barb
Croagunk: Poison Barb
Carnivine: Destiny Knot
Finneon: Luminous Moss
Mantyke: Wave Incense
Snover: Abomasite
Rotom: Air Balloon
Uxie: Mind Plate
Mesprit: Mind Plate
Azelf: Mind Plate
Dialga: Adamant Orb, Adamant Crystal
Palkia: Lustrous Orb, Lustrous Globe
Heatran: Lava Cookie
Regigigas: Heavy Ball
Giratina: Griseous Orb
Cresselia: Moon Ball
Phione: Heart Scale
Manaphy: Heart Scale
Darkrai: Dream Ball
Shaymin: Gracidea
Arceus: Meadow Plate, Flame Plate, Splash Plate, Zap Plate, Icicle Plate, Insect Plate, Sky Plate, Toxic Plate, Stone Plate, Earth Plate, Iron Plate, Fist Plate, Mind Plate, Spooky Plate, Dread Plate, Draco Plate, Pixie Plate
H-Growlithe: Fire Stone
H-Voltorb: Leaf Stone, Poke Ball
H-Qwilfish: Poison Barb
H-Sneasel: Razor Claw
H-Basculin: Lure Ball
H-Zorua: Silk Scarf
Enamorus: Reveal Glass

Unova Starter Item Gifts

Spoiler

Victini: Star Piece, Stardust
Snivy: Miracle Seed
Tepig: Charcoal
Oshawott: Mystic Water, Dusk Stone
Patrat: Zoom Lens
Lillipup: Silk Scarf
Purrloin: Dusk Ball
Pansage: Leaf Stone
Pansear: Fire Stone
Panpour: Water Stone
Munna: Moon Stone
Pidove: Sharp Beak
Blitzle: Quick Ball
Roggenrola: Hard Stone, Link Stone
Woobat: Sweet Heart, Soothe Bell
Drilbur: TM102 Dig
Audino: Audinite, Heal Ball
Timburr: Muscle Band, Link Stone
Tympole: TM18 Rain Dance, Damp Rock
Throh: Black Belt
Sawk: Black Belt
Sewaddle: Soothe Bell
Venipede: Poison Barb
Cottonee: Sun Stone
Petilil: Sun Stone, Leaf Stone
Basculin: Lure Ball
Sandile: Black Glasses
Darumaka: Poke Doll
Maractus: Miracle Seed
Dwebble: Shed Shell
Scraggy: Shed Shell
Sigilyph: Mind Plate, Sky Plate
Yamask: Spooky Plate
Tirtouga: Shell Bell
Archen: Sharp Beak
Trubbish: Garbodornite
Zorua: Cherish Ball
Minccino: Shiny Stone, Silk Scarf
Gothita: Luxury Ball
Solosis: Air Balloon
Ducklett: Pretty Feather
Vanillite: Casteliacone, Vanilla Ice Cream
Deerling: Rose Incense
Emolga: Sitrus Berry
Karrablast: Link Stone
Foongus: Poke Ball
Frillish: Dive Ball
Alomomola: Heart Scale
Joltik: Cell Battery
Ferroseed: Sticky Barb, Metal Coat
Klink: Cell Battery
Tynamo: Thunder Stone
Elgyem: Mind Plate
Litwick: Dusk Stone
Axew: Dragon Fang
Cubchoo: Nevermeltice
Cryogonal: Nevermeltice
Shelmet: Link Stone
Stunfisk: Zap Plate
Mienfoo: Expert Belt
Druddigon: Dragon Fang
Golett: Poke Doll
Pawniard: King's Rock
Bouffalant: Rocky Helmet
Rufflet: Dawn Stone
Vullaby: Rare Bone
Heatmor: Flame Plate
Durant: Occa Berry
Deino: Dragon Fang
Larvesta: Silver Powder
Cobalion: Iron Plate
Terrakion: Stone Plate
Virizion: Meadow Plate
Tornadus: Reveal Glass
Thundurus: Reveal Glass
Reshiram: DNA Splicers
Zekrom: DNA Splicers
Landorus: Reveal Glass
Kyurem: DNA Splicers
Keldeo: Splash Plate
Meloetta: Throat Spray
Genesect: Burn Drive, Chill Drive, Douse Drive

Kalos Starter Item Gifts

Spoiler

Chespin: Miracle Seed
Fennekin: Charcoal
Froakie: Mystic Water
Bunnelby: Soft Sand
Fletchling: Sharp Beak
Scatterbug: Silver Powder
Litleo: Flame Orb
Flabebe: Shiny Stone
Skiddo: Meadow Plate
Pancham: Black Glasses
Furfrou: Silk Scarf
Espurr: Mind Plate
Honedge: Dusk Stone
Spritzee: Sachet
Swirlix: Whipped Dream, Cotton Candy
Inkay: Twisted Rock
Binacle: Shell Bell
Skrelp: Luminous Moss
Clauncher: Mystic Water
Helioptile: Sun Stone
Tyrunt: King's Rock
Amaura: Icy Rock, Ice Gem, TM70 Aurora Veil
Hawlucha: Black Belt, Sharp Beak
Dedenne: Cell Battery
Carbink: Fairy Gem, Rock Gem
Goomy: Metal Coat
Klefki: Big Nugget, Big Pearl
Phantump: Link Stone
Pumpkaboo: Link Stone
Bergmite: Ice Stone
Noibat: Throat Spray
Xerneas: Pixie Plate
Yveltal: Dread Plate, Sky Plate
Zygarde: Draco Plate, Earth Plate
Diancie: Diancite, Fairy Gem
Hoopa: Prison Bottle
Volcanion: Lava Cookie

Alola Item Starter Gifts

Spoiler

Rowlet: Miracle Seed, Leaf Stone
Litten: Charcoal
Popplio: Mystic Water, Throat Spray
Pikipek: Sharp Beak
Yungoos: Oran Berry
Grubbin: Thunder Stone
Crabrawler: Ice Stone
Oricorio: Zap Plate, Flame Plate, Mind Plate, Spooky Plate
Cutiefly: Honey
Rockruff: Dusk Stone
Wishiwashi: Lure Ball
Mareanie: Poison Barb
Mudbray: Earth Plate
Dewpider: Mystic Water
Fomantis: Rose Incense
Morelull: Balm Mushroom
Salandit: Smoke Ball
Stufful: Poke Doll
Bounsweet: Rose Incense
Comfey: Heal Ball
Oranguru: Star Piece
Passimian: Sitrus Berry
Wimpod: Eject Button, Red Card
Sandygast: Soft Sand
Pyukumuku: Fresh Water, Pecha Berry, Eject Button
Type: Null: Grass Memory, Fire Memory, Water Memory, Electric Memory, Ice Memory, Bug Memory, Flying Memory, Poison Memory, Rock Memory, Ground Memory, Steel Memory, Fighting Memory, Psychic Memory, Ghost Memory, Dark Memory, Dragon Memory, Fairy Memory, Soothe Bell
Minior: Comet Shard
Komala: Dream Ball
Turtonator: Shell Bell, Lava Cookie
Togedemaru: Electric Seed
Mimikyu: Friend Ball
Bruxish: Lure Ball
Drampa: Friend Ball
Dhelmise: Luminous Moss, Iron Plate
Jangmo-o: Heart Scale
Tapu Koko: Electric Seed
Tapu Lele: Psychic Seed
Tapu Bulu: Grassy Seed
Tapu Fini: Misty Seed
Cosmog: Sun Stone, Moon Stone
Nihilego: Poison Barb
Buzzwole: Muscle Band
Pheromosa: Silver Powder
Xurkitree: Magnet
Celesteela: Moon Ball
Kartana: Weakness Policy
Guzzlord: Leftovers, Lemonade
Necrozma: Light Clay
Magearna: Timer Ball
Marshadow: Expert Belt
Poipole: Poison Barb
Stakataka: Stone Plate, Iron Plate
Blacephalon: Eject Button
Zeraora: Electric Gem
Meltan: Melmetalite, Metal Coat
A-Rattata: Leftovers
A-Sandshrew: Ice Stone
A-Vulpix: Ice Stone
A-Diglett: TM102 Dig
A-Meowth: Amulet Coin
A-Geodude: Link Stone, Magnet
A-Grimer: Black Sludge

Galar Starter Item Gifts

Spoiler

Grookey: Miracle Seed, Rillaboomite
Scorbunny: Charcoal, Cinderacite
Sobble: Mystic Water, Inteleonite
Skwovet: Oran Berry
Rookidee: Corviknite
Blipbug: Orbeetlenite
Nickit: TM46 Thief
Gossifleur: Miracle Seed, Cotton Candy
Wooloo: Silk Scarf
Chewtle: Drednawtite
Yamper: Poke Ball
Rolycoly: Charcoal, Coalossalite
Applin: Sweet Apple, Tart Apple, Flappletite, Appletunite
Silicobra: Sandacondite, Soft Sand
Cramorant: Leftovers
Arrokuda: Lure Ball
Toxel: Toxtricitite
Sizzlipede: Centiskorchite
Clobbopus: Protective Pads
Sinistea: Cracked Pot
Hatenna: Hatterenite
Impidimp: Grimmsnarlite
Milcery: Alcremite, Whipped Dream
Falinks: Friend Ball
Pincurchin: Electric Seed
Snom: Silver Powder
Stonjourner: Stone Plate
Eiscue: Icicle Plate
Indeedee: Psychic Seed, Room Service
Morpeko: Electric Seed
Cufant: Copperajite
Duraludon: Duraludonite
Dreepy: Metronome
Zacian: Liechi Berry
Zamazenta: Ganlon Berry
Eternatus: Poison Gem
Kubfu: Dusk Stone, Water Stone, Urshifuite D, Urshifuite W
Zarude: TM37 Sandstorm
Regieleki: Magnet
Regidrago: Dragon Fang
Glastrier: Icicle Plate
Spectrier: Spooky Plate
Calyrex: King's Rock
G-Meowth: Amulet Coin
G-Ponyta: Heal Ball
G-Slowpoke: Galarica Cuff, Galarica Wreath
G-Farfetch'd: Stick
G-Corsola: Spell Tag
G-Zigzagoon: Black Glasses
G-Darumaka: Ice Stone, Snowball
G-Yamask: Spell Tag
G-Stunfisk: Poke Ball
G-Articuno: Icicle Plate
G-Zapdos: Zap Plate
G-Moltres: Flame Plate

• Like 3

• Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork

Updates:

-postgame rematches now have a Yes/No option in case you speak to a character without knowing you activated a postgame rematch

-in starter selection, you can now choose which form you want for Deoxys and Meloetta

-added Eeveetite to Eevee's starter item gifts and Shock Drive to Genesect's starter item gifts (I forgot about those when doing the starter items)

Bug fixes:

-Triston's Inteleon is no longer in mega form

-can no longer walk through the rocks in the water at the sunny section of Victory Road

-fixed typo when you're about to battle the Deoxys at Area S1 when Agne said "There are six of us" when there are seven (I probably forgot to account for the player character)

-the Guardian's file in the statistics/demographics part of the Data Vault has been updated to say that their team's nickname theme is Animal Crossing characters; the file listed the previous theme of Animal Crossing Pocket Camp essences

-in the Data Vault file about Delicia's character origin, the word reoccurring was missing one r; I changed it to recurring since after looking it up that seems more correct than reoccurring in this context

-fixed typo where Zekrom said it "aksed" the player questions through the statues at the Tower of Ideals instead of asked

-removed an extra space between two words in Orange's Data Vault character file (I don't remember which two words the extra space was between)

-in the Ranger Training Grounds, after battling Pokemon Ranger Diana, she would say she wouldn't be surprised if you surpassed Seamus one day even if you've defeated Seamus. She now acknowledges if you've defeated him

-when first speaking to Raymond to start the Slime Man quest in the Olidroll Police Station, he now turns to face the player instead of always facing down regardless of which direction you speak to him from

I think adding Gen 9 will take a while, so I wanted to do a "loose ends" reupload before then. I've been watching a stream playthrough of Spork (and also DDDL and Return to Dreamland) and most of these bugs and the ones from the last reupload were found in those streams. 

The last time I did a full playthrough of Spork was in 2020 for the reupload that added Gen 8. The game has gone through a lot of updates since then. Back in 2020, I thought about doing at least one full playthrough a year, but in 2021 and beyond I was always thinking that I'd do it after certain updates were made. Then when those updates were done, it was other updates I was saving a playthrough for after. It became a cycle. Seeing how many bugs were discovered recently makes me feel like doing another playthrough after Gen 9 is added. Since I did a playthrough for Gen 8, I think one for Gen 9 would be a nice pattern to follow too.

I think that the Yes/No option for postgame rematches will be very helpful. In addition to the streamer I was watching (who was the one to suggest this option), I've seen several other playthroughs of Spork where people talk to a character not realizing they're starting a battle and not being fully prepared. 

I do think it'll take longer to add Gen 9 than it did Gens 7 and 8. One reason is that there's more content to account for. When Gen 7 was added, Spork was in episode 3 development. Since the main story was less than halfway complete, I didn't need to have a location or event in mind for every new Pokemon right away, since some would be in areas that hadn't been made yet. When Gen 8 was added I did need to, since the game was complete then. And with some of the additions since then, like starter item gifts and Planet Spork simulations, there's more that needs to be done with each additional gen. But I'm excited about adding Gen 9, and I've already thought of a lot of character team changes and some Pokemon locations!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Global Mods

BJuk93V.png

Ea6y0hp.png

0Je846p.png

Reuploaded Spork

Updates:

-added Gen 9 Pokemon

-new sidequests have been added to the Help Board at Sea Star Society's Help Section upon completing the Tinkatink quest

-added moves Flower Trick, Torch Song, Aqua Step, Lumina Crash, Jet Punch, Spicy Extract, Spin Out, Triple Dive, Kowtow Cleave, Raging Bull, Ruination, Hyper Drill, Armor Cannon, Bitter Blade, Double Shock, Gigaton Hammer, Mortal Spin, Axe Kick, Population Bomb, Silk Trap, Order Up

-added abilities Lingering Aroma, Well-Baked Body, Guard Dog, Anger Shell, Earth Eater, Rocky Payload, Purifying Salt, Seed Sower, Orichalcum Pulse, Hadron Engine, Wind Rider, Thermal Exchange, Sand Spit, Triage, Mycelium Might, Armor Tail, Good as Gold, Electromorphosis

-added Gen 9 character simulation battles to Planet Spork

-Professor Sycamore's character simulation battle on Planet Spork has been moved to a new Professors category, which also includes Professor Sada and Professor Turo (Professor Kukui is still in the Champions category)

-added item Punching Glove, which is sold in the Battle Mall and also a Battle Frontier prize

-Makuhita and Clobbopus have had their starter item gifts changed to Punching Glove

-Alumia's nickname theme has been changed to computer art programs

-Alumia now gives Copperajite instead of Mawilite after the Gym battle, and Mawilite can now be purchased by the Mega Stone vendor at the Sea Star Society's Shopping Section

-new Honey system

-the following Pokemon now have new events (detailed in the notepad files) due to their original events now being used for Gen 9 Pokemon: Torchic, Zacian & Zamazenta. Additionally, Snorlax's original event has been removed while wild Munchlax are now available with the new Honey system, and the "Not Today, Noctowl" police quest has been changed to be Bombirdier's event. Calyrex's quest has been changed to completing the new Help Board quests. 

-the middle of Fork in the Road is now a Fly spot and has a nurse

-updated King's Shield to match Gen 8+ where it now lowers the opponent's Attack 1 stage instead of 2 upon contact

-Mega Coalossal's ability is now Steam Engine

-added formchangelocations and puzzleguide notepad files. formchangelocations lists all the places you change certain Pokemons' forms, and puzzleguide is to help with some puzzles that players ask for help with the most

-added Girafarig, Dunsparce, and Stantler to Battle Factory Johto rentals

-added first-stage Hisuian forms to Battle Factory Sinnoh rentals

-added Basculin to Battle Factory Unova rentals 

-lowered postgame rematch levels from 100 to 90

-You no longer need to battle a Ranger to prove yourself before you can do the Ranger missions (Pokemon Ranger Diana still exists, but only in the Ranger Training Grounds). The Rangers in the Ranger Training Grounds now have teams themed around certain types of animals, similar to the Team Portal admins

-added item icons for Adamant Crystal, Lustrous Globe, Black Augurite, and Peat Block

-instead of getting fishing rods from three different fisherman NPCs, they're now given by Big the Incineroar. The Bolaii Coastline and Inoset Island rods are in the exact same places, while the North Virima City one was moved slightly to just above the bridge where the Pheromosa is. Also, instead of each one giving a set rod, the first time you interact with Big you get the Old Rod, second time = Good Rod, and third time = Super Rod, regardless of location.

-made the following character team changes:

• Jim: Heliolisk -> Maushold, Girafarig -> Farigiraf for second battle and postgame rematch (still Girafarig in Gym battle)
  • Aretha: Roserade -> Arboliva
  • Carol: Florges -> Dachsbun
  • Alumia: Mawile -> Tinkaton (Copperajah is now Alumia's mega)
  • Triston: Whiscash -> Dondozo
  • Barker: Lucario -> Mabosstiff
  • Felicia: Pyroar -> Meowscarada
  • Quinn: Magmortar -> Quaquaval
  • Lemon: Girafarig -> Espathra
  • Brutus: Lucario -> Revavroom (Corviknight is now Brutus's mega)
  • Kayla: Gliscor -> Ceruledge
  • Stryker: Electivire -> Kilowattrel
  • Belladonna: Skuntank -> Glimmora
  • Team Rose: Roserade -> Tinkaton
  • Jackie: Bisharp -> Kingambit

Bug fixes:

-can no longer surf on puddles in the rainy area of Weather Wonderland

-can no longer walk through the waterfalls in Raila Jungle and Mt. Comet

-one of the Cutiefly in Aliora Meadow no longer gets stuck trying to pass through a tree in its move route

-the big mushrooms in Giggly Grove now have the correct passability settings

-can no longer walk through some of the fountain tiles in the Sea Star Society's Food Section

-can no longer walk through part of a house in the Sea Star Society's Community Section if you walk left or right after exiting the house

-can no longer walk through some tiles of the passage in the Sea Star Society's Learning Section that leads to the Community Section

-Double Iron Bash, Headlong Rush, Ice Hammer, Power-Up Punch, Surging Strikes, and Wicked Blow are now classified as punching moves

-Hyper Fang is now classified as a biting move

-Heal Bell, Howl, and Overdrive are now classified as sound-based moves

-Powder is now classified as a powder move

-Heal Pulse and Origin Pulse are now classified as pulse moves

-Pollen Puff, Pyro Ball, and Rock Blast are now classified as ball/bomb moves

-fixed some palm trees in Raila Jungle overlapping with other trees

-Ice Spinner is now listed in the gen7+movesandabilities notepad file; it was previously missing despite being in-game

-in the megastonelocations notepad file, for Corviknite, "specifically from the those areas" -> specifically from those areas

-in the obtainablepokemon notepad file, all mentions of Giggly Grasslands have now been changed to Giggly Grove

-two of the Rangers in the Ranger Training Grounds no longer face a different direction after battle than before battle

There's a lot to say for this reupload. Because it would take a while to add Gen 9, I started the day after the last reupload before this one. And there are still a few Gen 9-related things that need to be done in the future, but I felt like it was time to reupload. 

To explain the new Honey system: although Honey has always been available in Spork, there was never an actual use for it for a very long time. Although it was finally used for Calyrex's quest when Gen 8 DLC Pokemon were added, more recently I've felt like Calyrex's quest was kind of a halfhearted attempt at giving Honey a purpose in the game, which is why that quest has been completely changed. Honey now functions closer to how it does in the official games, where you spread it on trees to draw wild Pokemon. However, in Spork, you don't have to wait for a period of time as the encounter happens immediately. Honey can be used on trees that have a Combee on them. These trees are the same ones from the previous Calyrex quest in Forest of Feeling, Tinder Forest, and Technicolor Forest. Each of those forests has two different Pokemon you can encounter with Honey. 

The reason postgame rematch levels were lowered from 100 to 90 is because there aren't many teams that have levels in between the end of the main story and the postgame. The last battles of the main story go up to level 87. Then for the postgame, most legendaries are level 90 and the postgame rematches were level 100. Although there's an Audino trainer at the Battle Frontier with level 100 Audino, it still feels like a very sharp increase. 

For what hasn't been done yet: there are a few Pokemon lines that backsprite resources haven't been made for yet and/or I wasn't able to find (I got most of the resources from Relic Castle's Gen 9 pack, which is still being updated). Also, while I added the trainer data and rooms for the Paldea part of the Battle Factory, it isn't accessible yet. Paldea is the first region to not have Lasses, and I was thinking of using Student as a substitute, but looking for a trainer sprite and making the overworld sprites on top of how big this reupload was didn't seem like something I had the spoons to do at the moment. This also means there isn't yet an accessible Paldea Lass Ayumu in the Sea Star Society Pokemon Center. A "From Mesagoza" switch has been made in advance, but the player also can't choose to be from Paldea yet for the same reason. 

A couple other notes:

-Zero Form and Hero Form for Palafin are just cosmetic, and they both have Hero Form's stats

-I wasn't sure if I could do the Ruinous Quartet abilities, and gave them all Dark Aura, which I thought could be fitting. Similarly, the Paradox Pokemon have Beast Boost as a substitute for Protosynthesis and Quark Drive. 

That being said, I had a lot of fun making new events for this reupload, especially the new Help Board quests! 

• Like 4

• Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork to fix Sprigatito not evolving

Updates:

-added Orthworm overworld sprite (made by DarkusShadow) to starter selection

Bug fixes:

-Sprigatito can now evolve

-the map now scrolls up in the Ultra Comedy Stage if you visit it again like it does for the first visit

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Minor bug-fixing reupload for Spork:

-the player's Pokemon are now healed after battles in the Sea Star Tournament and Sir Skit's Round Table Tournament

-can no longer walk through one of the fountain tiles in the Sea Star Society's Shopping Section

-can no longer walk through some tiles of the passage in the Sea Star Society's Battle Section that leads to the Community Section

-fixed typo when first speaking to Sir Skit in the Sea Star Arena where he called the Round Table Tournament the "Round Touble Tournament"

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork

-Made some updates to Kelani and Alexander's teams at Enigma's request:

Kelani:

• Lapras -> Iron Bundle
  • G-Rapidash -> Garganacl
  • Infernape -> Armarouge
  • Tsareena -> H-Lilligant

Alexander:

• Weavile -> Lokix

-added item Clear Amulet, which can be purchased at the Battle Mall and is also a Battle Frontier prize

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork fixing two bugs that made a couple of postgame quests uncompletable:

-changed the false fortune relating to the former Snorlax event to one about repairing the Help Board 

-it's now possible to enter Sushi's room after the conditions have been met. The Dream Shrine Pokemon was changed from Torchic to Sprigatito when Gen 9 was added, and I forgot to update the Torchic switch to the Sprigatito switch in Sushi's event pages

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

k44brjZ.png

ItoDi8z.png

p6RzUZs.png

xpggr94.png

DDDL:

Enigma revamped maps added: Mt. Spoon Peak, Quartz Cave, Crystal Castle, Mt. Spoon

Spork Updates:

-Enigma revamped maps added: Mt. Spoon, Crystal Caverns, Alumia's Appliances, Dyserean Desert, Quartz Cave 🆕, Dyserean Oasis 🆕, Melodic Mines, Dyserean Pyramid 🆕, Crystal Castle, Mt. Spoon Peak 🆕

-Kelani's team in the second battle has two changes: Salamence -> Roaring Moon and Iron Bundle -> Lapras (the first battle still has Shelgon and Iron Bundle)

Spork Bug Fixes:

-the False Fortunes quest now proceeds beyond the Litwick fortune again

-both forms of Palafin now have Hero Form stats as intended, previously they both had Zero Form stats

-the pipes in the BCC Building are now layered over the player instead of under

-Celebi's information in the legendarysidequests notepad file has been updated to reflect the Help Board fortune replacing the Snorlax fortune

The next batch of revamped maps is here! As always, please make sure not to be in any of the maps that got revamped before downloading. These revamps cover one Gym of content along with some events after.

Speaking of events, there's been a bit of reordering where this batch of revamps starts. Instead of going right to the birthday party, you make your way through Crystal Caverns first. This is because Mt. Spoon now has two different maps, and the elevator to go straight up to Alumia's Appliances isn't working when you first get there, so you have to go the long way. 

For the new maps: Quartz Cave is in Dyserean Desert and is where Regirock is. Dyserean Oasis is the part of the desert right before Melodic Mines. Dyserean Pyramid is Hoopa's new place. Mt. Spoon Peak is a postgame area at the top of Crystal Caverns where Registeel is. 

In addition to a few story events being reordered and some new maps, existing ones have also received expansions, including:

• Crystal Caverns are a lot bigger, and feature a blue surface with purple water. You'll be traveling with Crolea when you're making your way to Mt. Spoon, and solving puzzles where a group of Carbink arrange in formations and you have to push Strength boulders to match their placements in the formations. 
  • Alumia's Appliances no longer has the birthday party and the Gym battle in the same place. There are three floors: the workshop floor where Alumia's products are on display (you can also change Rotom forms here), the Strilian Residence which is Alumia and Crolea's living space and where the birthday party is, and the Gym, which features a number code puzzle. 
  • Dyserean Pyramid has a puzzle you do with Emily before reaching Hoopa where you have 10 attempts to guess a code consisting of four colors (a new code is generated after 10 attempts). 

I think this set of revamps and the ones that will follow in the future will improve the lategame significantly! A criticism I have of Spork's lategame which Enigma has also mentioned before is that there's not much content between most of the last few Gyms. This isn't intentional, it's just that I didn't have many ideas for these parts beyond the remaining big picture events like the final battle with Team Portal. 

With this set of revamps, I'd say some of the main improvements in addition to the major glow ups the maps got are more character interactions as a result of the puzzles you solve with Crolea and Emily, more content in general both with the area expansions and not going right to Alumia after Carol, and some of the scenes also feel more dynamic, with characters moving around more and the player seeing changes in the areas as they're happening (especially in Dyserean Pyramid). 

When you're at the end of the current batch of map revamps, you might see a sign that says "Serafew". The note from Couragi explains this, but this is also a reason I think the future revamps will help the lategame a lot. Serafew is one of two completely new towns that Enigma has planned for Spork! 

I had fun playing through these new maps, especially the puzzles, and I hope they're fun for everyone else too! Thanks to Enigma for putting them together!

• Like 2

• Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork with a few fixes:

-can no longer walk through some cliff tiles in Crystal Caverns

-the torches for the pyramid puzzle now light when you have right colors in right spots

-the formchangelocations notepad file now mentions that you can change Rotom's form in Alumia's Appliances

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork

Updates:

-balloons added to Crolea's birthday party (thanks to Steffi for the balloons!)

Fixes:

-fixed tile passability of some tiles in Crystal Caverns where you could get stuck going down stairs

-Leafeon Sign autoheal added to Alumia's Gym

-interacting with mining rocks from the left in Melodic Mines no longer makes the rocks look broken

Also, it seems that for Tuesday's bug-fixing reupload, I only updated the Mediafire link and forgot to update the Google Drive link. Both links are now up to date to this post's reupload!

0uMZVxh.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork fixing P-Wooper not being able to evolve into Clodsire

Since I've been playing a lot of games in recent months, I haven't been working on Spork at all since the last reupload. However, I do have detailed plans for the next reupload, and a new custom shiny sprite line is in progress! I just did a quick reupload right now after seeing that someone was unable to evolve P-Wooper into Clodsire. 

Current schedule + games I've been playing:

Rejuvenation 13.5 testing: completed 

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe: completed and 100%ed

Scarlet/Violet Teal Mask DLC: completed everything except the tablecloth/chair sidequest, which I'm going to continue after making this post

Pikmin 4: on the final cave

Tears of the Kingdom: completed most of the main story (everything except the end, which I'm saving for last), but I still have a lot of side content left

My plan is get back to Spork after completing Pikmin 4. With 1 quest left in Pokemon DLC and being almost done with Pikmin, it shouldn't be too long before that happens.

With how much I have left in TOTK, I don't want to wait until I complete it and leave Spork on the backburner for that long, so I'll just balance time between them both. 

Thank you for your patience!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods

tPg8NeG.png

HMO3bNd.png

ZGVqm7a.png

DDDL:

-added approved Colorful Reupload sprites

Spork Updates:

-new custom shiny Bellsprout line made by Steffi 

-updated learnsets of Pokemon from previous gens that were added in the Teal Mask DLC

-made some additions to Isabelle's Gym, which is now called Complex Apartments

-added approved Colorful Reupload sprites

-added Haze, Charge, Vacuum Wave, Lunge, and Night Shade as tutor moves 

-added a shiny Miltank called the Dairy Queen at the Legend Dairy who gives you a Blue Moon Ice Cream the first time you speak to her

-recategorized some Planet Spork character simulations (DLC characters from Sword and Shield now have their own category)

Spork Bug Fixes:

-Nincada now evolves into Shedinja by using a Dusk Stone on it, since the canon evolution method wasn't working

-for the Tapu Lele quest, the plate (now plates) of food appear again after all of the Espurr have appeared. Previously the plate had disappeared due to edits made to the tileset

The colors of the shiny Bellsprout line are based on Johto's Sprout Tower! Specifically, the purple roof and the silver part at the top that's fitted over the pillar. With Victreebel, the vertical lines on the roof are also represented. I think Steffi did a great job incorporating the Sprout Tower's colors and design elements onto the shinies!

For the updates to Isabelle's Gym, I had a thought a few months ago that it's not really a step up from Wonky Woods in terms of wonkiness, and I felt like it should be because it's Isabelle's home base. The main appearance is the same, I just added a few more background details/special effects. The one in the screenshot about being asked to select a nickname is only on your first visit if you haven't yet gotten Isabelle's badge. 

For the Colorful Reupload sprites, in a reupload in 2021 I mentioned the Colorful Reupload as one of a few future plans:

Lsor7Ms.png

Some of the edits I made were approved, while others will be updated by Palletite and/or Steffi in the future. I added the ones that were approved as they are to this reupload. The third screenshot in this post features the new Gentleman sprites, which is my favorite of the ones I did. The colors of the Gentleman sprites are based on the Sanrio character Tuxedosam!

Tuxedosam - Sanrio Wiki

A list of the approved updated NPCs that were added this reupload:

Gentleman: as mentioned above, outfit and hair are based on Tuxedosam colors

Pokemart clerk: apron is now blue to match the tiles and exterior of Pokemarts

Fisherman: fishing vest is now blue for water

Swimmer: their hair and swimsuit colors have a branching evolution theme. The light-skinned male Swimmer matches Poliwrath, the light-skinned female Swimmer matches Politoed, the POC male Swimmer matches Huntail, and the POC female Swimmer matches Gorebyss. 

Thank you for your patience with the time between reuploads! When I update learnsets for older gen Pokemon because of a new gen or DLC, it seems to take more out of me each time. I try to pace myself with limits like one gen a day, and doing levelup learnsets and TMs + tutor moves on different days, but it can be draining even then. It's not that it's difficult, it's just that it's a lot, and not something that's very exciting for me to do. But the fun part of adding DLC content is coming soon! Tomorrow I'm getting to work immediately on adding the Gen 9 DLC Pokemon. Some of them will be located in the next batch of map revamps, which is currently in progress! Enigma has shown me some screenshots of Serafew and I'm excited for everyone to explore the new areas when they're ready! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Global Mods

Reuploaded Spork early to fix a game-breaking bug

Updates:

-Teal Mask DLC Pokemon added*

-Crolea now has Bloodmoon Ursaluna

-added moves Blood Moon, Syrup Bomb, Matcha Gotcha, Ivy Cudgel

-added abilities Mind's Eye, Supersweet Syrup, Toxic Chain

-added Planet Spork character simulations for Teal Mask characters

-added item Syrupy Apple

-added Syrupy Apple to Applin starter evolution gifts

Bug Fixes:

-the farmer at the end of the ranger Legend Dairy quest no longer walks into the Miltank/Dairy Queen and gets stuck

*This reupload is earlier than originally planned. As mentioned in the last post, some of the Pokemon will be appearing in the next batch of map revamps. Due to the recently discovered game-breaking bug that causes players to get stuck at the Legend Dairy, I wanted to reupload as soon as I could to fix it. 

Dipplin is the only one that's available organically, unless you choose one of the others as a starter. However, as a placeholder until the others are available, you can get them by speaking to Couragi in Crystal Caverns (along with Ogerpon's masks)!

On the topic of DLC, I hope everyone who's playing it is enjoying the Indigo Disk! I started playing when it released in my timezone last night and I've been having a lot of fun! 

• Like 3