The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3 Finale: Remember, I Wuv You (05/12/23)

3 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

You got any plans for Silvally? It has a cool concept that could make it really versatile but the balanced out stats are kinda rough. Although I hear rejuv gives it one of those Crest items that makes it a lot better.

Silvally is one of my favs from recent generations, can't quite tell if that means I want to see more of it or not see it get dragged into Aevian nonsense.

The issue with Silvally is that a) it's in the Forsaken Laboratory, which I believe was already taken due to Nuzlocke rules being one encounter per area, event pokemon included I'm sure.

And b) and this is the most important one because spoilers,

Spoiler

you don't get the Silvally crest, not unless you use debug for it. And I know this from completing the game up to its current end of V13. Only the NPCs get to use it and not you.

So even if the quest was taken and you do meet the pokemon, it can't actually be used due to Nuzlocke rules.

Edited by VMeemes

3 hours ago, VMeemes said:

The issue with Silvally is that a) it's in the Forsaken Laboratory, which I believe was already taken due to Nuzlocke rules being one encounter per area, event pokemon included I'm sure.

And b) and this is the most important one because spoilers,

Reveal hidden contents

you don't get the Silvally crest, not unless you use debug for it. And I know this from completing the game up to its current end of V13. Only the NPCs get to use it and not you.

So even if the quest was taken and you do meet the pokemon, it can't actually be used due to Nuzlocke rules.

While I'm annoyed I won't get the Crest anytime soon (because I checked the Wiki and it looks super interesting) this might be one of the times you would have need to have actually read this series. I already have the Sivally because when I first went through the Forsaken Laboratory back in 2017, it wasn't very forsaken at all.

Meaning it was just a classic underground base and there were no wild Pokemon at all.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:
  Hide contents

Too little too late I'm afraid...Melia already trusts me "with all her heart".

The entire group is literally riding my coattails to success.

You know...it's better having someone with the power of God (and anime) at your side than that...that simp-psychopath who can transform into a rock (Please, don't kill me, Aelita, but at least Melia does something).

5 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

While I'm annoyed I won't get the Crest anytime soon (because I checked the Wiki and it looks super interesting) this might be one of the times you would have need to have actually read this series. I already have the Sivally because when I first went through the Forsaken Laboratory back in 2017, it wasn't very forsaken at all.

Meaning it was just a classic underground base and there were no wild Pokemon at all.

You know what, that's on me fair enough. Forgot how old this Nuzlocke was and didn't consider that possibility the underground had nothing in it during the older versions.

Silvally: You have freed from that Pokeball, thank you I shall fight alongside you till the day I die
Sean: Kewl get back in the Pokeball

That Phione will probably be decently useful later on when you can get the Phione crest in like V13 I think? Also I like your idea of making Phione evolve into Manaphy even if the game never does you can create some random whacky side quest and get it that way, your run has already deviated so far from the original time line.

where the fuck did you get that samurott yandre pic

Reading your play through of this game has helped me realize how many problems the story has. But at least it’s entertaining, especially when you point out all of the problems.    

Spoiler

On 5/28/2022 at 7:50 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Fucking hate those days.

Where's 1st Born Son day, huh? Why don't I get a third gift day?

You only get a third gift day on Valentine's Day if you've got a date, if you're single oh well.

Yeah that was the decision I came to as well. This part ends with Melia staring off a cliff saying how "She'll defeat Madame X" so at least we'll be going out on a laugh despite the myriad of deaths that happened this Part

Knowing your luck she'll think she's laughing with her instead of at her. Oh man the bad future arc can't be that bad deathwise. . . . right?

I think they made it up honestly. Some fan-game developers did that before to escape having to admit they gave up.

"Look man Nintendo Ninjas broke into our home and deleted all our data, totally!"

I'm not some wanker who names his weapons!

Pokemon don't count as weapons, do they?

Only if you're a VILLAIN! Which you totally aren't. . . relatively speaking!

Hahaha, I'm the controlled opposition?

That'd be a hell of a twist.

Hah, you wake up one day and you see Jan and Zumi looking at you through a computer screen. Reality breaks down and then the awful truth dawns on you.

I made it to 17 with the only internet being Facebook on my flip-phone. I don't think I spent much time doing anything online until I started doing this run either. THEN came the sharp decline into madness.

Yeahhhh...I'm just like...naaaahhhh...

Not too interested in much lately anyway. The Harry Potter game coming out might be good at least.

Oh god I couldn't imagine that, especially until 17.  It's addicting being able to access anything at the type of a few keys.

Man I still got so much old stuff the go through, i can't even be bothered with anything new.

Yeah that's probably what will happen.

At least I might get an award out of it? And then I can refuse the reward because I'm better than all of Hollywood and don't need their approval over what I do.

I'll be watching them VERY carefully from now on...I will not be dethroned...

These all sound like VERY healthy coping mechanisms. 

Better than jumping off a cliff and hoping I get isekai'd into Aevium at least.

Make them your court jesters, though Pika will likely try to assassinate you first chance she gets.

Yeah I kicked those fuckers out into the desert to be killed by the X-Grunt when the opportunity came up.

Then I killed the X-Grunt.

Man why even bother with the admins when they could send these X-Grunts after you, they're stronger than the admins apparently.

Until V13 where's he turns into an anime loving retard. Who was ALSO lying about his natural hair colour like everyone else.

But he's still an okay guy.

Oh man, no. Fuck Double Battles with an NPC. Aside from that one battle with Aelita they're usually torture.

You mean that Blue hair isn't natural, shocked I am, truly.

Yeah Doubles in this game seem to be either hard carrying the other side or praying they don't friendly fire you.

Ahaha glad you liked it.

Yeah he pretty much just jumped at them like a torpedo.

The Xen Grunt, they were in the trees man. . .

Regally jumped I'm sure. Like true loyalty.

WOMEN!? TAKE CARE OF...THEMSELVES!? Not in THIS timeline!

She's also got a MASSIVE Intelligence and Wisdom debuff from being a member of a police force so maybe she never even considered using her Pokemon?

Oh and it's...roughly 70 chapters until then?

Of course. The only true law of the land is the champion, everyone else is just there for moral support.

Can't wait for your "training arc" then, sooner than I expected really. I figured the V13 stuff would end up in like Part 5 or something like that.

T-top flying type though!

Yeah it was actually a worse scare than Rose solely because I would have been the one who unwittingly caused the death.

I think the panic of a move that's not supposed to be able to hit hitting Bass elevated my fear.

Easy to be top when most of the competition besides Star and Itemfinder are six feet under!

Field effects man its worse than Reborn because I don't even think there's like a field effects list in game for Rejuvenation.

There's also that thing where if you use too many Ground type moves in caves the ceiling will collapse on top of both Pokemon and KO them instantly.

So it wasn't as good an option as you think. At least this one worked out with no deaths.

Well mutal suicide would have made the battle quicker at least!

That wasn't the reward though. I just FOUND this lying in a cave.

My reward was half a weeks wages on minimum wage and a sticker.

Wahoo.

Hard battles with high risk and little reward, yep that's Rejuvenation in a nutshell.

Even if it wasn't spoilers I don't want to talk about her.

She is irrelevant for the rest of Part 3 and that's how I likes it.

Hell if she ever comes up again, you can even pretend you don't know who she is just the tweak her.

Wonder if that's how Valarie copes with being a marine biologist?

How exactly do you explain the Drizzle Ability? Or Cloud Nine?

Honestly her notebook is just full of sentences like "Magic I guess". Pokemon at this point are less like actual animals and more like the stuff you see in Harry Potter.

...She'll?

It's proper English I swear! Yeah Ferrothorn is female, I think flora's whole team is female. So she's clearly sexist on top of being evil.

God I hope the whole Rejuv forum randomly disappearing doesn't become a habit, this is getting a bit annoying.

Comments for Chapter 139.

Spoiler

Oh boy back to the past again for the 2nd time (or 3rd time if you count when you first men Marionette). I'm sure this will go well.

I actually watched Terminator 2 with my parents recently. It's honestly damn good, which honestly makes how bad the three movies after it are all the more hilarious.

Also don't worry, Ana is more Astro Boy than Terminator for now at least.

The light does look better in the pictures, at least I think so anyways. Also I really just hit me you would have had to use some kind of lighting for all these screenshots.

Erin does have a lot of custom sprite animations, someone on the development team likes her ALOT.

Oh look an eclipse, actually don't look at an eclipse it'll do bad things to your eyes unprotected. Also Tiempia and Spacia, your two favorite deities, I remember the conversation coming up being particularly dumb.

Point to Erin with that pancake line that one was pretty good. Sorry Aelita, you'll get her next time.

Also oh god, Zira hungers again. Better check to make sure a few of your mons aren't mysteriously missing every once in awhile at this rate. 

Should gone with a bat instead of a racket, though Chet's valiant sacrifice will never be forgotten. Least you got to punch a infant alien in the process, so there's that!

Vivian doesn't give off a good first impression, literally no reason she couldn't have handled it herself. Plus you know the whole conversation with Katsu, I'd have punched Vivian if I were Katsu after awhile.

WHY DID I DO A REACTION-LOCKE AND NOT JUST A REGULAR SCREENSHOT RUN!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I imagine it can be a pain trying to get the expressions just right for one picture let alone a whole chapter. It makes your stuff stand out at the very least.

Nastasia meeting Deoxys, god you probably should have just killed it if it wouldn't have caused some kind of time paradox. I imagine if you ever battle Anastasia, Deoxys will be her ace.

In regards to the Anime Tournament, I honestly want Iris or Cynthia to win. Leon's whole unbeatable champion gimmick got kind of old. God if Ash wins and then his pikachu looses to some lvl 5 starter in the next gen, the fanbase would erupt. 

Okay so this is technically this week's chapter a few days late.

It was delayed over here because not all of you had seen the previous one due to Jan being in  Witnesss Protection.

Anyway to sum this chapter up with three words...

THE PLOT RETURNS!

Okay, now you can read and reply away if you haven't already done so.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-139-kono-deo-da.1076/page-77#post-871549

Replies:

Spoiler
On 5/29/2022 at 3:09 AM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

God. I bet nobody enjoyed doing that quest. Being forced to placate some bitch like that after all you've done would rankle anyone.

[...]

But MAN do I want to choke her.

Yeah, same.

Honestly the very idea of using Flora of all people for a crossover quest is just really weird to me. I get Jan probably wanted to show how she started her work on the PULSE but, I mean, she's Flora. Admittedly I'm slightly behind on Rejuv but she's like an arc villain at best, right? And there's something like three to six potential final bosses running around, depending on how you count. But the one we get is Flora and she doesn't even have anything to do with the Legendary her quest is about.

It's all just kinda really lame, especially when you compare it to the other crossover quest that actually uses someone important from that game.

I'm 100% going to pull a Terra and tell her there's a Pulse atop Ametrine mountain and then I'll just push her off.

Flora isn't even an arc villain at WORST. Because I never sided with her, I've never actually battled her once in the entire game. Closest I got was through Ryland, however the fuck that works.

Flora was probably chosen out of Rejuvenation's villains because while she's a cunt, she's not officially evil yet so she's on nobody's radar.

If Madame X or Indriad came to Reborn they'd get bodied real quick.

Is that the Adrienn and Aya in Reborn one? Because while that one was fine, I don't like how they relied on outside help to fix the place up. This is on top of how annoying it is that Adrienn is literally perfect in every way.

Like damn, all it took for both Reborn and Gearan to fix themselves was one person saying "Hey, stop littering"? 

HOW POWERFUL IS THAT PRONOUN PUNK!?!?

And isn't this the real world equivalent of like...190 dollars?

You risked your Pokemons' lives for less than I earn in a day and it's not even skilled work I do.

Oh? What do you do for a living?

You're not only saying that because you for for 10 bucks an hour 19 hours a day are you? Because then I'm not interested.

re: moving sprites

most fangames use plain .png files for their sprites so replacing them with any common animated file type should be possible. Pretty sure I used an animated .gif sprite for some Pokemon some years back. Although the new way Reborn handles sprites would probably make that more complicated.

That it would. No more individual sprite for each Pokemon, now they're lumped into the one image file. But hey, it works.

Another problem would be the post-gen 5 Pokemon. Like...I want moving sprites but not the 3-D models. They suck.

"Code:Statia"

So how is that Madelis redemption arc coming along?

Like a house on fire.

EXACTLY like a house on fire.

A house filled with people burning to death.

re:evolutions

You got any plans for Silvally? It has a cool concept that could make it really versatile but the balanced out stats are kinda rough. Although I hear rejuv gives it one of those Crest items that makes it a lot better.

Silvally is one of my favs from recent generations, can't quite tell if that means I want to see more of it or not see it get dragged into Aevian nonsense.

No real plans for him right now. He's probably best suited as a generalized reliable mon anyway with that stat spread.

And with the RKS system he could fit nearly any role.

But yeah. Ultimately I'm going to be aiming to get that Crest. It boosts his same memory type attacks 1.2x times and also gives him a very good ability depending on which one he's holding. Like Defiant for Fighting Memory or Multiscale for Dragon.

Rapidash has 105 Speed and 100 Atk, gets some nice moves from the relearner. Honestly you've used far worse mons.

Rapidash is a good Pokemon on paper but I've never had much success with it in Nuzlockes.

Like it's best move has 33% recoil and the next strongest physical fire move is fucking Flame Wheel. It just isn't built for it.

RPG party thing:

Spoiler

image.png.c5ef01771aa6c6d06041bb87502b539f.png

Is Shaman a support class? I hope so because I wouldn't want to have to play support.

It is but good luck getting him to actually finish a ritual with his permanent confusion debuff.

All in all you're doing okay for a party. They pretty much describe themselves.

Not sure how a INT build Barbarian would work and still be called a Barbarian though.

Finally, it's time

the Fix Aelita* Arc™

*Aelita not included

She's included for a limited time only with a chance for redistribution later on but that's it.

Then she's gone for most of Part 4 again. 

On 5/29/2022 at 3:28 PM, VMeemes said:
On 5/29/2022 at 10:04 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

You know what, that's on me fair enough. Forgot how old this Nuzlocke was and didn't consider that possibility the underground had nothing in it during the older versions.

8d6.gif

Haha.

Not sure I like the "old" being in italics there, friend.

On 5/30/2022 at 12:12 AM, Z.. said:

Silvally: You have freed from that Pokeball, thank you I shall fight alongside you till the day I die
Sean: Kewl get back in the Pokeball

That Phione will probably be decently useful later on when you can get the Phione crest in like V13 I think? Also I like your idea of making Phione evolve into Manaphy even if the game never does you can create some random whacky side quest and get it that way, your run has already deviated so far from the original time line.

where the fuck did you get that samurott yandre pic

I literally did not know how to react to a Pokemon being both loyal AND respectful at the same time. It was awkward for me.

Was excited to hear that catching Phione wouldn't be pointless after seeing that Crest. Kinda puts the kibosh on the Manaphy evolution but hey, it might happen? But I doubt I'd get to keep her. Guardian of the Sea can't spend most of her time on land after all.

Get it?

I MADE IT.

And the Oshawott one too.

On 5/30/2022 at 1:43 AM, Bluedude said:

Reading your play through of this game has helped me realize how many problems the story has. But at least it’s entertaining, especially when you point out all of the problems.    

That's the same as my take on this game.

Rejuvenation's plot has some problems at times but DAMN if it isn't entertaining. Easily my favourite Pokemon game ever.

IThis run is very much; "real world man gets sent to anime world and points out how fucking bonkers it all is"

On 5/30/2022 at 8:51 AM, nepeta100 said:

When does playthrough Sean end up finding crests

Part 5 or V13 Content is when I start "Finding them All".

Basically I refuse to be trained by Alexandra and Damien because I know I'm better than them and go off an have my own month long adventures. One of which involves scooping up all the Crests.

40 minutes ago, Dex said:
Spoiler
1 hour ago, Dex said:

On 5/29/2022 at 12:50 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Fucking hate those days.

Where's 1st Born Son day, huh? Why don't I get a third gift day?

You only get a third gift day on Valentine's Day if you've got a date, if you're single oh well.

So do father's and mother's though! 

Gee thanks.

Yeah that was the decision I came to as well. This part ends with Melia staring off a cliff saying how "She'll defeat Madame X" so at least we'll be going out on a laugh despite the myriad of deaths that happened this Part

Knowing your luck she'll think she's laughing with her instead of at her. Oh man the bad future arc can't be that bad deathwise. . . . right?

I'll drop kick her off the cliff so she gets the message crystal clear. She'll be fine after all. She can kind of fly now, right?

You forget that after the bad future we have a Gym Battle and a Rift battle to fight. A DOUBLE Rift battle where I can't control 1/2 of my side of the team.

I think they made it up honestly. Some fan-game developers did that before to escape having to admit they gave up.

"Look man Nintendo Ninjas broke into our home and deleted all our data, totally!"

"Bowser himself, kicked down my door and stole my computer! Now I have to go on a world spanning quest to get it back so that'll delay game development by a good deal!"

I'm not some wanker who names his weapons!

Pokemon don't count as weapons, do they?

Only if you're a VILLAIN! Which you totally aren't. . . relatively speaking!

Madame X's weaboo sword name comes to mind.

The sequel game will probably be the old protagonists teaming up to defeat me, the despotic tyrant of Aevium.

Hahaha, I'm the controlled opposition?

That'd be a hell of a twist.

Hah, you wake up one day and you see Jan and Zumi looking at you through a computer screen. Reality breaks down and then the awful truth dawns on you.

Caesar and Rose pull off their masks to reveal they've been Jan and Zumi this WHOLE time.

And then I wake up from the nightmare.

I made it to 17 with the only internet being Facebook on my flip-phone. I don't think I spent much time doing anything online until I started doing this run either. THEN came the sharp decline into madness.

Yeahhhh...I'm just like...naaaahhhh...

Not too interested in much lately anyway. The Harry Potter game coming out might be good at least.

Oh god I couldn't imagine that, especially until 17.  It's addicting being able to access anything at the type of a few keys.

Man I still got so much old stuff the go through, i can't even be bothered with anything new.

Honestly can't remember what I did with my evenings after school. Probably just ate dinner and slept during weekdays. 

That's true for me too. I've got like 6 games I started over the last year and haven't finished any of them. It's like once I put something down for just a bit, I don't want to pick it up again.

Yeah that's probably what will happen.

At least I might get an award out of it? And then I can refuse the reward because I'm better than all of Hollywood and don't need their approval over what I do.

Wow Sean, you're so smart and brilliant at everything., Signed Dex.

I'll be watching them VERY carefully from now on...I will not be dethroned...

These all sound like VERY healthy coping mechanisms. 

Better than jumping off a cliff and hoping I get isekai'd into Aevium at least.

Make them your court jesters, though Pika will likely try to assassinate you first chance she gets.

I should be fine leaving them to their own devices.

My run's almost number one in views on the forums now and the only competition left started their Nuzlockes 4-5 years before mine. And were COMIC runs at that.

So once they're defeated the only obstacles in my path are the already long completed almost a decade ago runs. And even then I only need 100,000 more views to eclipse all of them.

God I should have become a Youtuber or Twitch Streamer. I might have made some actual fucking money with all this.

Yeah I kicked those fuckers out into the desert to be killed by the X-Grunt when the opportunity came up.

Then I killed the X-Grunt.

Man why even bother with the admins when they could send these X-Grunts after you, they're stronger than the admins apparently.

Are they? All I've seen one manage to do was kill four Xen Grunts. I could do that without a sweat myself.

They just seem like Team Xen's own edgy secret police to me.

Until V13 where's he turns into an anime loving retard. Who was ALSO lying about his natural hair colour like everyone else.

But he's still an okay guy.

Oh man, no. Fuck Double Battles with an NPC. Aside from that one battle with Aelita they're usually torture.

You mean that Blue hair isn't natural, shocked I am, truly.

Yeah Doubles in this game seem to be either hard carrying the other side or praying they don't friendly fire you.

WHY IS EVERYONE IN THIS ANIME GAME WITH ANIME HAIR COLOURS LYING TO ME!?!?

Pretty much. The only real benefit they serve is that I don't have two Pokemon out at once. So deaths will be slower to come.

Ahaha glad you liked it.

Yeah he pretty much just jumped at them like a torpedo.

The Xen Grunt, they were in the trees man. . .

Regally jumped I'm sure. Like true loyalty.

WOMEN!? TAKE CARE OF...THEMSELVES!? Not in THIS timeline!

She's also got a MASSIVE Intelligence and Wisdom debuff from being a member of a police force so maybe she never even considered using her Pokemon?

Oh and it's...roughly 70 chapters until then?

Of course. The only true law of the land is the champion, everyone else is just there for moral support.

Can't wait for your "training arc" then, sooner than I expected really. I figured the V13 stuff would end up in like Part 5 or something like that.

Not yet it isn't. The current champion has been pathetically incompetent her entire reign. Can't be helped when her mother got the League idea from visiting fucking Reborn. PRE-Sean Reborn. (Though I might change that in my universe depending on how I feel)

The v13 stuff DOES take place in Part 5? 54 of those chapters are all of Part 4. And there will be a break once this season is finished because...well because I want one.

T-top flying type though!

Yeah it was actually a worse scare than Rose solely because I would have been the one who unwittingly caused the death.

I think the panic of a move that's not supposed to be able to hit hitting Bass elevated my fear.

Easy to be top when most of the competition besides Star and Itemfinder are six feet under!

Field effects man its worse than Reborn because I don't even think there's like a field effects list in game for Rejuvenation.

Sta-Oh you mean NOVA.

Ohhhhh...THAT must have been why I named her Nova...like stars. I had forgotten.

It's actually fine. Because it comes with a Notepad file with all of them on it that I will now religiously read whenever a field pops up.

There's also that thing where if you use too many Ground type moves in caves the ceiling will collapse on top of both Pokemon and KO them instantly.

So it wasn't as good an option as you think. At least this one worked out with no deaths.

Well mutal suicide would have made the battle quicker at least!

True.

I wonder if Sturdy stops it though...might be an good strategy if so.

That wasn't the reward though. I just FOUND this lying in a cave.

My reward was half a weeks wages on minimum wage and a sticker.

Wahoo.

Hard battles with high risk and little reward, yep that's Rejuvenation in a nutshell.

I miss when I got a Pokemon from these things. Now all it's going to be from here on out is Stickers and Mega Stones for Pokemon I don't have.

Even if it wasn't spoilers I don't want to talk about her.

She is irrelevant for the rest of Part 3 and that's how I likes it.

Hell if she ever comes up again, you can even pretend you don't know who she is just the tweak her.

Does she AT LEAST get fisted by Big Bertha in the prison showers like I said?

Please let this game give me that.

Wonder if that's how Valarie copes with being a marine biologist?

How exactly do you explain the Drizzle Ability? Or Cloud Nine?

Honestly her notebook is just full of sentences like "Magic I guess". Pokemon at this point are less like actual animals and more like the stuff you see in Harry Potter.

God I hope that new Harry Potter game will be good.

...She'll?

It's proper English I swear! Yeah Ferrothorn is female, I think flora's whole team is female. So she's clearly sexist on top of being evil.

Sorry I was confused. When you said, You, Salazzle and Rose beating something up I thought you meant the textbox.

Imagine the hate sex we'd have.

God I hope the whole Rejuv forum randomly disappearing doesn't become a habit, this is getting a bit annoying.

Comments for Chapter 139.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Dex said:

Oh boy back to the past again for the 2nd time (or 3rd time if you count when you first met Marionette). I'm sure this will go well.

Ehhh technically she travelled forward to my time so no. I don't count it.

Yes it's the 2nd time and I'm getting worried. There's only 1 more Back to the Future movie I can use as a chapter title for the chapter where we go...well...back to the future.

I actually watched Terminator 2 with my parents recently. It's honestly damn good, which honestly makes how bad the three movies after it are all the more hilarious.

Something I've noticed about movies from back then is that they're a lot less...formulaic than the ones we have now. Like I could sit down and watch any movie at this point and figure out exactly where it's going after twenty minutes in. The only improvement we have today are effects and CGI but storytelling has taken a nosedive.

Also don't worry, Ana is more Astro Boy than Terminator for now at least.

I think you're forgetting what a war machine Astroboy was.

Ana's more like Tima from Metropolis than anything else. Including the possible sinister function she might have.

The light does look better in the pictures, at least I think so anyways. Also I really just hit me you would have had to use some kind of lighting for all these screenshots.

The ring light is a relatively new edition. It cost like 7 euro.

The other two lights are my desk lamp and a tall floor lamp that's been in my family for nearly thirty years. 

Pretty easy to guess that this is a low budget operation, huh?

Erin does have a lot of custom sprite animations, someone on the development team likes her ALOT.

They have good taste.

Erin is probably the most attractive of all the characters judging by her character art.

Or even just by in-game art.

FAdCp8p.png

Like damn.

That's one fiiiine lookin' drawing right there.

Oh look an eclipse, actually don't look at an eclipse it'll do bad things to your eyes unprotected. Also Tiempia and Spacia, your two favorite deities, I remember the conversation coming up being particularly dumb.

It's okay. Everyone in 2-D pokemon games have very tiny eyes but really big black lines around them to reduce glare.

Like peregrine falcons. Because I just watched a documentary on them.

Especially since they don't address the player at all.

It's like "why the fuck am I even here?"

Point to Erin with that pancake line that one was pretty good. Sorry Aelita, you'll get her next time.

Erin is abusive towards Aelita. She's hit her, she's insulted her. The girl is a bully!

Also oh god, Zira hungers again. Better check to make sure a few of your mons aren't mysteriously missing every once in awhile at this rate. 

She's not as big a threat as you think. Everyone around her can either kick her ass (myself included) or is made of something she doesn't eat (Caesar being a plant)

Should gone with a bat instead of a racket, though Chet's valiant sacrifice will never be forgotten. Least you got to punch a infant alien in the process, so there's that!

Unfortunately, Matt the Bat wasn't available at the time. Neither was Harley the Hurley, Caleb the Club or Rick the Stick. Also baseball bats aren't common over here. We use Hurleys and mine was out in the shed at the time of recording.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight was playing in my head while the punch was getting closer to Deoxys face.

Vivian doesn't give off a good first impression, literally no reason she couldn't have handled it herself. Plus you know the whole conversation with Katsu, I'd have punched Vivian if I were Katsu after awhile.

Also I just realised the cheeky bitch can sense life.

She KNEW Anastasia was right there listening.

WHY DID I DO A REACTION-LOCKE AND NOT JUST A REGULAR SCREENSHOT RUN!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I imagine it can be a pain trying to get the expressions just right for one picture let alone a whole chapter. It makes your stuff stand out at the very least.

The TRUE hassle is looking presentable enough to be on camera. Unless I take pictures at night and at least two hours after a shower I look a mess due to my hair being naturally untidy and the lighting being all wrong.

There's also the constraint with Pokemon having a very finite space to talk and the facial cramps from fucking smiling.

Needless to say, you'll never get another Reaction-Locke out of me. 

Nastasia meeting Deoxys, god you probably should have just killed it if it wouldn't have caused some kind of time paradox. I imagine if you ever battle Anastasia, Deoxys will be her ace.

It is weird how we've never battled her yet.

Also I'm 100% just going to run up and punch it again. You've put that thought into my head and it is never going to leave.

In regards to the Anime Tournament, I honestly want Iris or Cynthia to win. Leon's whole unbeatable champion gimmick got kind of old. God if Ash wins and then his pikachu looses to some lvl 5 starter in the next gen, the fanbase would erupt. 

Or better yet, a surprise contestant in the form of fucking Tobias. That'd drive the fans wild with rage.

I'm fine with anyone except Cynthia and Dianthe myself. I just rep Iris because of Haxorus and she's got a cute design.

Cynthia is always overhyped and Dianthe is garbage compared to everyone else. Though I think Lance or Alain winning is the least likely

To be fair, that was a pre-trained Snivy and Pikachu's electricity and levels were robbed by Zekrom. Still garbage but explainable.

Flora was probably chosen out of Rejuvenation's villains because while she's a cunt, she's not officially evil yet so she's on nobody's radar.

With all the time travel and alternate timeline shenanigans going on in Rejuv it's not like it'd have to be anyone who's actually active at the time Reborn takes place and with Reborn's setup for the Legendary Quests it's also easy to place them way out of reach for anyone who would try to stop them from whatever they're trying to do in their home game.

Is that the Adrienn and Aya in Reborn one? Because while that one was fine, I don't like how they relied on outside help to fix the place up. This is on top of how annoying it is that Adrienn is literally perfect in every way.

Like damn, all it took for both Reborn and Gearan to fix themselves was one person saying "Hey, stop littering"? 

Nope, Reborn has another Legendary Quest focused on a crossover character:

Spoiler

The Darkrai quest features Shiv from Pokemon Desolation. As you'd expect from a Darkrai quest (and Shiv, if you know anything about him) it involves dream fuckery. He drops some cryptic lines about his role in his home game and uses the dream setting to fuck with the player. It's pretty funny.

I mix paints in an, uhh, industrial paint-spray line? I'm not sure how to say this correctly in English. You've been to Germany so "Autoteile lackieren am Band" is what we do, if that means anything to you. I work shifts and the whole paint thing is a health hazard so the pay is comparatively decent.

Return of the plot, hooray!(?)

Melia grew up in Gearen so she's probably not used to clean air. Ignore the fact that she spent three years here already, or that present Sheridan probably smells the same as past Sheridan since it's some sort of hippie village.

"Your lost five-year-old who hates you will turn up eventually" I get the feeling it's a good thing Vivian is not a parent.

Pokemon games existing in-universe is probably like regular sports games for us. Sure, you could just go out and play football but Fifa takes so much less effort and doesn't require interacting with people, or going outside, or being good at physical activities!

Disclaimer: I do not play sports games

I wonder if the in-universe Pokemon games are also turn-based RPGs or take on some other genre?

"I'm not actually real, Rose." Wouldn't be surprised if that's legit where the protagonist's thing leads to - you're not a real person, just brought into existence specifically to play some role in whatever mess is going on with this region.

"So you got lucky?" It's called putting two and two together, Melia. Or more like one and one I guess, whichever.

Anime World Tournament, huh? We finally know what that "Pokemon Master" thing is about and it only took like what, 25 years?

Honestly though what are Diantha and Iris doing there? They look way out of place next to everyone else.

to be fair you time travel using someone elses power its far more likely they're deliberately sending you to all the important events to uh

witness them I guess

I think being immortal has had a negative effect on your ego if you hate natasia for the crawli comment and not the fact she was the major architect behind the attack on the ss oceana

haha arceus being in a meteor brought to the region how silly!

especially given that PLA revealed arceus actually was!

spoiler alert it has nothing to do with being brought to planets via meteors

>she'll turn up eventually

god no wonder nastasia turned out to be the way she is

fucking vivian everything involving xen is your fault

mostly

somewhat

my moneys on cynthia personally

I’ve been waiting to see how you’ll react to everything that happens in this arc. Suffering is guaranteed for you, and entertaining for all of us.

I honestly think that all the Meteor admins will ‘redeem’ themselves in someway. Madalis will live and travel with the group. Nevad will sacrifice himself to save his kid and he’ll be forgiven for everything he’s done. Geara will fight Indriad to save your group, might die but If he lives he’ll be your sassy friend. MadameX will sacrifice herself to save Melia, she’ll also reveal that she’s has always been a good guy and just acted evil to save the world. Natasha will live, facing no jail time and being a second mom to Ren. 

• Haha 1

Think ash or leon is going to win they are stacked as hell

Jan is such a big fan of Pokemon Emerald he turned half his fangame into it lol. I have a weird feeling that ever since Erin was introduced she became Jan favorite character and dethroned Melia how else does she get special sprite animations that not even Melia gets, she even has some of Melia power as well, but I could be completely wrong wouldn't be the first time.

Nugearan is a genius name.

Melia made a minor spelling mistake kill her and absorb her power and be the main character (I would say again but that would imply you were the main character at one point)

Your preferred way to die is oddly specific 

Tbh Texan was better then Keta cause he wasn't ready to sell out his people, but yeah I still hate him more then Keta.

Since when did you have a meteor deflecting racket on you at all times?

Man you are so lucky that sometimes these characters can't hear you

Derogatory Pawnch sounds like something straight out of Mob Psycho even has the narrator commentating it

Ceasar it makes sense cause Jan owns Rejuvenation like how "Janastasia" will soon own rejuv co.

"Is the position cursed" Haha you have no idea.

Spoiler

On 6/2/2022 at 4:01 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Gee thanks.

No problem buddy! Always nice to remind people of awkward/painful truths.

I'll drop kick her off the cliff so she gets the message crystal clear. She'll be fine after all. She can kind of fly now, right?

You forget that after the bad future we have a Gym Battle and a Rift battle to fight. A DOUBLE Rift battle where I can't control 1/2 of my side of the team.

Melia is basically a demigod at this point, honestly the fall probably won't even phase her.

Oh shit I completely blanked on that stuff. I honestly can't tell if the pre V13 battle Rift battle is better or worse than the V13 one.

"Bowser himself, kicked down my door and stole my computer! Now I have to go on a world spanning quest to get it back so that'll delay game development by a good deal!"

It's funny because the President of Nintendo of America is named Bowser. The whole plot sounds like a hilariously meta Indie game in the making.

The sequel game will probably be the old protagonists teaming up to defeat me, the despotic tyrant of Aevium.

I wouldn't be shocked if Madame X's whole team has a bunch of edgy nicknames. Like Yveltal is named Reaper or something.

Evil Tyrant Sean with Aelita as the Vader to your Palpatine?

Honestly can't remember what I did with my evenings after school. Probably just ate dinner and slept during weekdays. 

That's true for me too. I've got like 6 games I started over the last year and haven't finished any of them. It's like once I put something down for just a bit, I don't want to pick it up again.

Too many games, books, so little time. Gets worse and worse every year ugh. . . .

Pretty much. The only real benefit they serve is that I don't have two Pokemon out at once. So deaths will be slower to come.

The hair dye is seeping into the brain, causing issues obviously.

Slow attrition vs a quick massacre. Hell of a choice there.

Not yet it isn't. The current champion has been pathetically incompetent her entire reign. Can't be helped when her mother got the League idea from visiting fucking Reborn. PRE-Sean Reborn. (Though I might change that in my universe depending on how I feel)

The v13 stuff DOES take place in Part 5? 54 of those chapters are all of Part 4. And there will be a break once this season is finished because...well because I want one.

It all comes back to reborn. I guess they were REALLY desperate to create a league.

Huh, don't know why I got it in my head that Part 4 would be about as long as 3. Man take as much of a break you need, you've been pumping this stuff out at quite the pace.

Sta-Oh you mean NOVA.

Ohhhhh...THAT must have been why I named her Nova...like stars. I had forgotten.

It's actually fine. Because it comes with a Notepad file with all of them on it that I will now religiously read whenever a field pops up.

Okay yeah Nova is better name by far. I dunno why I thought it was Star.

Please do, bad enough you gotta deal with all these mutant mons, do let the field effects sucker punch you.

True.

I know Shell armor makes you take 1/2 HP from it instead of it being a KO. Had my Torterra survive it once because of that.

I miss when I got a Pokemon from these things. Now all it's going to be from here on out is Stickers and Mega Stones for Pokemon I don't have.

You're hitting a point where you can either catch most mons or have to got through some kind of event/side quest for the rare stuff like with Destiny. Stuff like most of the Pseudo legendaries are locked behind them too.

Sounds like this call for a Derogatory Trainer Edit!. . . . if you can figure out a way to do it without being kicked off the site at least.

I needs to be, the franchise's not doing to hot honestly with the last movie to come out.

Sorry I was confused. When you said, You, Salazzle and Rose beating something up I thought you meant the textbox.

Make sure you don't catch Poison Ivy from her at least.

Yes it's the 2nd time and I'm getting worried. There's only 1 more Back to the Future movie I can use as a chapter title for the chapter where we go...well...back to the future.

Gotta branch out to other time travel movies at this rate, there's plenty to choose from.

Something I've noticed about movies from back then is that they're a lot less...formulaic than the ones we have now. Like I could sit down and watch any movie at this point and figure out exactly where it's going after twenty minutes in. The only improvement we have today are effects and CGI but storytelling has taken a nosedive.

It's all about the money, everything is calculated to hit that sweetspot that a bunch of people will like. A few break the mold, but they're increasingly rare.

Ana's more like Tima from Metropolis than anything else. Including the possible sinister function she might have.

Too true, I was more comparing how innocent looking they are in comparison to the Iron Giant or Terminator. Genuinely curious on to how Jan is gonna bring it all together in the end. 

The other two lights are my desk lamp and a tall floor lamp that's been in my family for nearly thirty years. 

I could tell from various stand ins for PokeBalls over the years.

Yeah the stuff built way back then seems to work forever if it isn't like completely destroyed.

They have good taste.

Erin is probably the most attractive of all the characters judging by her character art.

FAdCp8p.png

Like damn.

I gotta admit she is, too bad there's no romance options for the PC. I feel like you would need a High Relationship status with for her to even consider it. 

It's okay. Everyone in 2-D pokemon games have very tiny eyes but really big black lines around them to reduce glare.

Pokemon humans truly are the next step in evolution.

You're here to keep records of everything said like a overqualified secretary obviously.

Erin is abusive towards Aelita. She's hit her, she's insulted her. The girl is a bully!

Don't worry, Aelita is tough like an angry piece of dried bubblegum.

Unfortunately, Matt the Bat wasn't available at the time. Neither was Harley the Hurley, Caleb the Club or Rick the Stick. Also baseball bats aren't common over here. We use Hurleys and mine was out in the shed at the time of recording.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight was playing in my head while the punch was getting closer to Deoxys face.

You mean you couldnt be bothered to go get it, gosh Sean I thought you were a professional!?!

Gotta get those life lessons in some how I guess.

The TRUE hassle is looking presentable enough to be on camera. Unless I take pictures at night and at least two hours after a shower I look a mess due to my hair being naturally untidy and the lighting being all wrong.

There's also the constraint with Pokemon having a very finite space to talk and the facial cramps from fucking smiling.

I'd be shocked if you ever touched another Pokemon fangame again after finishing all this up. Reborn, Snakewood, ORAS, Rejuv, that's what 7 or 8 years at this point? Certainly hasn't been boring at least.

Also I'm 100% just going to run up and punch it again. You've put that thought into my head and it is never going to leave.

Swear there was a battle with her in prehistoric version of the game, like version 4 or 5. You should punch the rest of her team as well, while your mons in the background shout advice like a boxing coach.

Or better yet, a surprise contestant in the form of fucking Tobias. That'd drive the fans wild with rage.

I'm fine with anyone except Cynthia and Dianthe myself. I just rep Iris because of Haxorus and she's got a cute design.

Cynthia is always overhyped and Dianthe is garbage compared to everyone else. Though I think Lance or Alain winning is the least likely

To be fair, that was a pre-trained Snivy and Pikachu's electricity and levels were robbed by Zekrom. Still garbage but explainable.

Hell I don't even think the writers remember Tobias at this point. It would be hilarious. The kid in me that grew up watching the anime kinda wans Ash to take it home, but he more jaded adult is prepared for dissappointment on that front. 

Iris is very cute I gotta say. Also between her and Rose, Haxorus has become one of my favorite Dragon Types.

Since I technically already replied to this chapter, just gonna do replies for now.

Having read the full thing now, it's weird looking at the journey of this nuzlocke. Like there's so much that's changed since the start and (I think?) the version you're on right now, version 12 (or was it V11...). Like the timeline is all messed up because you're mixing old version plot details with newer ones and making new shit from that.

Lost a lot of comrades along the way, mostly due to field effects, bullshit crits, and recently with the kimono sisters, your own lack of foresight. But hey now you're in the past once more and about to experience all the funky shit about to go down.

Can't remember if it was ever mentioned, but were you going to play Where Love Lies on your own time or just get info via osmosis from other people on that? Doesn't matter either way though.

But yeah now that I have caught up, I no longer look like a fool with the other comments on this page. So there's that.

• Thanks 1

Will this be the chapter that has CONTROVERSY surrounding it?

Here's hoping!

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-140-the-merits-of-genocide.1076/page-78#post-873465

I'm going to try giving each of you your own spoiler house this time around.

Hopefully it'll make them easier to read.

Gentleman Jaggi:

Spoiler

On 6/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

With all the time travel and alternate timeline shenanigans going on in Rejuv it's not like it'd have to be anyone who's actually active at the time Reborn takes place and with Reborn's setup for the Legendary Quests it's also easy to place them way out of reach for anyone who would try to stop them from whatever they're trying to do in their home game.

Yeah. We really don't know anything about what was happening 5 years before the player arrived in Aevium.

Veronica and 9 year old Melia would have only just met, Ren would be having his awful tweenage romance with Sariah but that's about it. We don't know what the actual bad guys were up to.

Geara was probably going to Green Day concerts or something.

Nope, Reborn has another Legendary Quest focused on a crossover character:

Spoiler

The Darkrai quest features Shiv from Pokemon Desolation. As you'd expect from a Darkrai quest (and Shiv, if you know anything about him) it involves dream fuckery. He drops some cryptic lines about his role in his home game and uses the dream setting to fuck with the player. It's pretty funny.

I don't know anything about that game tbh.

Not sure I want to now that I know dreams are involved.

I hate dealing with dream-related nonsense like "What is real?" and "Ah. I was the dream the whoooole time"

I mix paints in an, uhh, industrial paint-spray line? I'm not sure how to say this correctly in English. You've been to Germany so "Autoteile lackieren am Band" is what we do, if that means anything to you. I work shifts and the whole paint thing is a health hazard so the pay is comparatively decent.

Ohhhh. For like the robot arms that do the spraying in car factories? Assuming those are in every factory that is.

Ah yeah. Good ol' hazard bonuses.

"Your lost five-year-old who hates you will turn up eventually" I get the feeling it's a good thing Vivian is not a parent.

When playing through this, I was very confused about how Aelita existed if she wasn't one.

I was thinking "Oh we must save her then and she has Aelita's mother" only to be proven very wrong.

Pokemon games existing in-universe is probably like regular sports games for us. Sure, you could just go out and play football but Fifa takes so much less effort and doesn't require interacting with people, or going outside, or being good at physical activities!

Disclaimer: I do not play sports games

I would bully those people extremely hard.

Because I would be outraged that they live in a world of Pokemon and take it for granted. What the fuck do we have that'd be as good as that?

I also do not play sports games. What the fuck is the point in them when I can go do it myself?

Can't catch Pokemon irl, can't slay dragons irl, can't fuck aliens (yet) irl so video games are my only outlet for that in existence.

I wonder if the in-universe Pokemon games are also turn-based RPGs or take on some other genre?

I'd say they are.

Like you know how the anime portrays Pokemon battles as actual fights and not boring turn-based shit?

I feel in-universe games would be to teach children the basics.

God I wish there was a Pokemon game that had battles like the anime.

I hope I live long enough for that technology to become real.

"I'm not actually real, Rose." Wouldn't be surprised if that's legit where the protagonist's thing leads to - you're not a real person, just brought into existence specifically to play some role in whatever mess is going on with this region.

Oh it probably will and I'll fucking hate it.

Like wow great so I'm going to die at the end of this since I don't have an actual purpose beyond fixing this stupid mess.

"So you got lucky?" It's called putting two and two together, Melia. Or more like one and one I guess, whichever.

Melia's not too bright at math so you'll have to stick to one and one.

She's not ready for two and two.

Anime World Tournament, huh? We finally know what that "Pokemon Master" thing is about and it only took like what, 25 years?

Honestly though what are Diantha and Iris doing there? They look way out of place next to everyone else.

Pokemon Master is like the vaguest goal he could have chosen so he'll never truly be finished.

They're both Champions like most of the others. And Iris has a Haxorus.

Instantly making her my pick for this tourney.

YingYang9705:

Spoiler

On 6/2/2022 at 4:41 PM, YinYang9705 said:

to be fair you time travel using someone elses power its far more likely they're deliberately sending you to all the important events to uh

witness them I guess

Well that would explain why the crystals are biased against me.

But who's to say we're even travelling in time and not to some pocket dimension where it LOOKS like the good ol' days?

I think being immortal has had a negative effect on your ego if you hate natasia for the crawli comment and not the fact she was the major architect behind the attack on the ss oceana.

I'll level with you, YinYang. That shit was both six years ago and...I don't really care about Nancy.

She's almost a non-character to me. We've had almost zero actual interactions.

haha arceus being in a meteor brought to the region how silly!

especially given that PLA revealed arceus actually was!

spoiler alert it has nothing to do with being brought to planets via meteors

Pokemon Legends Arceus is considered non-canon in these threads.

It's a bunch of stupid bullshit most of the time and I will never accept it.

>she'll turn up eventually

god no wonder nastasia turned out to be the way she is

fucking vivian everything involving xen is your fault

mostly

somewhat

Not at all.

my money's on cynthia personally

SHE IS GONNA LOSE TO MY GIRL IRIS AND SHE IS GONNA LOSE HAAARD!

Bluedude:

Spoiler

On 6/2/2022 at 10:43 PM, Bluedude said:

I’ve been waiting to see how you’ll react to everything that happens in this arc. Suffering is guaranteed for you, and entertaining for all of us.

I feel like an ancient Roman gladiator at times the way some of you treat me.

You cheer when I win and you cheer when I almost die. 

As long as there's blood, you're satisfied.

Such sadism...

I honestly think that all the Meteor admins will ‘redeem’ themselves in someway.

Oh you'll probably be right about all these in Jan's universe.

But we're not IN Jan's universe, are we? We're in the spin-off! The outlier!

Madalis will live and travel with the group.

Not happening. I both would and will stab her if that happens.

Nevad will sacrifice himself to save his kid and he’ll be forgiven for everything he’s done.

Pretty likely to happen but nobody is going to be forgiving him for his bullshit.

He tortured Aelita because Keta emo-ranted at him after his wife and child were murdered while he still had both of his.

He can fuck right off.

Geara will fight Indriad to save your group, might die but If he lives he’ll be your sassy friend.

I don't make friends with people who try to kill me. Especially if they succeed at it.

I will also kill him for saving us because I am SO FUCKING SICK of that same trope being thrown in my face OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

MadameX will sacrifice herself to save Melia, she’ll also reveal that she’s has always been a good guy and just acted evil to save the world.

Yep. This is definitely going to happen.

I hate it.

Why can't villains just be fucking EVIL?

Natasha will live, facing no jail time and being a second mom to Ren. 

You see second mom?

I'm pretty sure they're gonna end up banging. Ren's gotta redeem himself for losing Melia to fucking Venam and he knows I'll kill him if he goes near Aelita.

So big titty Nastasia is what he gets. Good for him.

Z:

Spoiler

On 6/3/2022 at 7:44 PM, Z.. said:

Think ash or leon is going to win they are stacked as hell

Pretty likely yeah.

I will still hold out hope that Iris at least beats Cynthia.

Jan is such a big fan of Pokemon Emerald he turned half his fangame into it lol. I have a weird feeling that ever since Erin was introduced she became Jan favorite character and dethroned Melia how else does she get special sprite animations that not even Melia gets, she even has some of Melia power as well, but I could be completely wrong wouldn't be the first time.

Oh don't worry. He'll do another MASSIVE map overhaul and I'll seethe about how I didn't get to experience it.

He does it to frustrate me. I just know it.

That's probably true, yeah.

I don't mind it as much though. 

Nugearan is a genius name.

Thank you.

Melia made a minor spelling mistake kill her and absorb her power and be the main character (I would say again but that would imply you were the main character at one point)

I don't think I can kill her for minor mistakes anymore, Z.

I've grown...fond of her.

Like a cute puppy that keeps shitting the bed.

Your preferred way to die is oddly specific.

And overly dramatic.

That's really what I want from my death. I want it to be so epic and sad with such a beautiful music score that people would cry if they saw it in theaters.

Tbh Texan was better then Keta cause he wasn't ready to sell out his people, but yeah I still hate him more then Keta.

I'm pretty sure if offered Texan would have taken the deal no sweat.

Since when did you have a meteor deflecting racket on you at all times?

I summoned it from my drawer of mysteries that houses all my magical bullshit props when I'm not using them.

Man you are so lucky that sometimes these characters can't hear you.

I'd rather they did.

What are they gonna do about? Get rid of me? THEN who'll keep them alive?

Derogatory Pawnch sounds like something straight out of Mob Psycho even has the narrator commentating it

Funnily, you're not the first person to say this.

I was just referencing anime in general when a narrator explains an attack.

Ceasar, it makes sense cause Jan owns Rejuvenation like how "Janastasia" will soon own rejuv co.

Her Majanesty.

"Is the position cursed" Haha you have no idea.

Is it LITERALLY cursed though?

Or do they just have bad luck?

VMeemes:

Spoiler

On 6/8/2022 at 10:29 PM, VMeemes said:

Having read the full thing now, it's weird looking at the journey of this nuzlocke. Like there's so much that's changed since the start and (I think?) the version you're on right now, version 12 (or was it V11...). Like the timeline is all messed up because you're mixing old version plot details with newer ones and making new shit from that.

That's pretty much the reason I had to go and say this is the Derogatory Timeline and is separate from Jan's pure timeline.

Too much stuff has happened in newer versions that never happened for me to say otherwise.

I feel more confident about my editing skills now to compensate for the changes at least. Nobody will reference events that never happened to me for example.

Part 3 Sean is still on V10. Part 4 is V11 & 12.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:29 PM, VMeemes said:

Lost a lot of comrades along the way, mostly due to field effects, bullshit crits, and recently with the kimono sisters, your own lack of foresight. But hey now you're in the past once more and about to experience all the funky shit about to go down.

Yeah...it got pretty bad at times.

I can at least be proud I've never lost any Pokemon to wild encounters at least?

*Sigh*

Can't remember if it was ever mentioned, but were you going to play Where Love Lies on your own time or just get info via osmosis from other people on that? Doesn't matter either way though.

I'm unsure how to actually do it.

I have all the stuff recorded for it but do I just pretend to be Keta or do I pretend to be watching his life story with a bag of popcorn?

But yeah now that I have caught up, I no longer look like a fool with the other comments on this page. So there's that.'

Welcome to the family, VMeemes! Hope you stick around!

Dex:

Spoiler

On 6/5/2022 at 6:19 AM, Dex said:

On 6/2/2022 at 9:01 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Gee thanks.

No problem buddy! Always nice to remind people of awkward/painful truths.

Sending bad vibes your way, friend!

Melia is basically a demigod at this point, honestly the fall probably won't even phase her.

Oh shit I completely blanked on that stuff. I honestly can't tell if the pre V13 battle Rift battle is better or worse than the V13 one.

I think she's still pretty vulnerable though. Like she has powers but she isn't actually any tougher or stronger.

I can't tell you either. The main problem was that I went into it expecting to fight a FIGHTING type Rift.

NOT a Rock/Fighting with 5 Alolan Golems attached.

It's funny because the President of Nintendo of America is named Bowser. The whole plot sounds like a hilariously meta Indie game in the making.

He totally rose to power as quickly as he did because of his last name.

I should change my name to Sean Tesla or Sean United States of America and see if that works in every job field.

I wouldn't be shocked if Madame X's whole team has a bunch of edgy nicknames. Like Yveltal is named Reaper or something.

Evil Tyrant Sean with Aelita as the Vader to your Palpatine?

Nah, it's worse. She's a monster who doesn't give them nicknames.

I don't think I could get Aelita on my side like that. She's far too righteous.

It will literally be just me on my own against all of them.

Too many games, books, so little time. Gets worse and worse every year ugh. . . .

Just gotta win the lottery man.

Gotta get those free millions so you can take it EZ

The hair dye is seeping into the brain, causing issues obviously.

Slow attrition vs a quick massacre. Hell of a choice there.

Maybe if SOMEBODY in the game development team would give us the fucking Protect TM already it wouldn't be such an issue but noooooo can't have anything nice, can we?

It all comes back to reborn. I guess they were REALLY desperate to create a league.

Huh, don't know why I got it in my head that Part 4 would be about as long as 3. Man take as much of a break you need, you've been pumping this stuff out at quite the pace.

There's desperate and there's sucking people off for crack money desperate. Alexandra's mom seemed to have been the latter if she copied Reborn's busted model. At least she managed to improve it by not making her league riddled with fucking nepotism. (Even if her son being the Dragon Leader and her Daughter being stand-in champion is a little suspicious)

And it won't even be much of a break since I have to get everything ready for Part 4 and for a spin-off show.

Ughhhhh.

Sta-Oh you mean NOVA.

Okay yeah Nova is better name by far. I dunno why I thought it was Star.

Please do, bad enough you gotta deal with all these mutant mons, do let the field effects sucker punch you.

Using part of the Pokemon's name is probably the laziest attempt at a nickname. Like calling a Squirtle "Squirt" or a Machamp "Champ". 

Field effects aren't as frequent as they are in Reborn at least?

Well it doesn't feel like they are anyway.

True.

I know Shell armor makes you take 1/2 HP from it instead of it being a KO. Had my Torterra survive it once because of that.

Yeah there's a couple of ways to survive it.

Just have to hope future enemies are stupid enough to fight me in a cave and not on some dramatic tower peak.

You're hitting a point where you can either catch most mons or have to got through some kind of event/side quest for the rare stuff like with Destiny. Stuff like most of the Pseudo legendaries are locked behind them too.

When you but it that way, I'm okay with it now.

I'd prefer little story sidequests for new rare Pokemon and not just "There's a fucking Sigilyph looking lonely by the bridge, talk to it and you get it woohoo"

Sounds like this call for a Derogatory Trainer Edit!. . . . if you can figure out a way to do it without being kicked off the site at least.

Finally.

I now know what to put on my Patreon.

I needs to be, the franchise's not doing to hot honestly with the last movie to come out.

Yeah. I only ever watched the first Fantastic Beasts and I fell asleep halfway though it in the cinema.

Sorry I was confused. When you said, "You, Salazzle and Rose beating something up" I thought you meant the textbox.

Make sure you don't catch Poison Ivy from her at least.

She's a bit too clinical for that, I'd say.

She's not one of those hippy types of grass leaders than sleep in bushes and whatnot.

It's actually kind of weird we never got that kind of grass leader yet, huh?

Mallow was probably the closest but that was just tropical island life in general.

Gotta branch out to other time travel movies at this rate, there's plenty to choose from.

I don't think I ever actually watched any other ones.

It's all about the money, everything is calculated to hit that sweetspot that a bunch of people will like. A few break the mold, but they're increasingly rare.

They make obscene amounts now too, even if they're crap. I don't understand how Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time.

It was yet another movie I fell asleep at in the cinema.

I think I might just find cinemas comfy at this point. Like I never fall asleep in public. Not ever but for some reason I've fallen asleep at Jurassic Park 3, Rogue One, Fantastic Beasts, Avatar and Night at the Museum.

Too true, I was more comparing how innocent looking they are in comparison to the Iron Giant or Terminator. Genuinely curious on to how Jan is gonna bring it all together in the end. 

She might die.

I really don't want her too.

But if Jan is willing to kill a sick orphanage owner and leave a fucking nine year old to pick up the pieces there's no blow too low for him to throw.

It'd be fucking great from a strictly game review standpoint. Games are always better when they actually make you FEEL the anguish.

I could tell from various stand ins for PokeBalls over the years.

Yeah the stuff built way back then seems to work forever if it isn't like completely destroyed.

Can't believe it took me 6 years of Nuzlocking to finally order some actual Pokeball props to use.

Sheesh.

They have good taste.

FAdCp8p.png

Like damn.

Expand  

I gotta admit she is, too bad there's no romance options for the PC. I feel like you would need a High Relationship status with for her to even consider it. 

I was actually shocked when I first saw her in-game sprite. Like I found this bitch sleeping in a cave why does she look like a goddamn supermodel?

Alas, no romance allowed in-game. I'd probably have a hard time actually choosing.

Which is the complete opposite from Reborn.

Is there a way to check relationship levels?

Pokemon humans truly are the next step in evolution.

You're here to keep records of everything said like a overqualified secretary obviously.

Careful. That's sounding like X-Men talk.

Don't want me to start calling you a "homo superior" do you?

Haha. And the irony is that I have memory like a sieve when it comes to my own words.

Don't worry, Aelita is tough like an angry piece of dried bubblegum.

Either that or Erin's just weak.

You mean you couldn't be bothered to go get it, gosh Sean I thought you were a professional!?!

PROFESSIONALS GET PAID.

Gotta get those life lessons in some how I guess.

Fucking Senseis, man.

Always gotta have some tricky way of teaching us to teach ourselves. 

I'd be shocked if you ever touched another Pokemon fangame again after finishing all this up. Reborn, Snakewood, ORAS, Rejuv, that's what 7 or 8 years at this point? Certainly hasn't been boring at least.

I had half started a game of Uranium but gave up because I just wasn't that invested. It'd have to be a reeeeeallly special or reeeeeeally short fangame for me do another one.

7 years this August 20th. I did not expect it would last this long since I got through the Reborn run in a single year of uploading.

And yet after ALL that time, I still don't have a single completed Nuzlocke. I mean ORAS was but who the fuck cares about ORAS?

Swear there was a battle with her in prehistoric version of the game, like version 4 or 5. You should punch the rest of her team as well, while your mons in the background shout advice like a boxing coach.

Oh really? Didn't know that. It was before even my time.

Haha I wonder if I can make a Punch Out Mod for that eventual chapter?

Expand  

Hell I don't even think the writers remember Tobias at this point. It would be hilarious. The kid in me that grew up watching the anime kinda wans Ash to take it home, but he more jaded adult is prepared for dissappointment on that front. 

Iris is very cute I gotta say. Also between her and Rose, Haxorus has become one of my favorite Dragon Types.

Ash wins the tournament and suddenly the lights go out. You think it's yet another Team Rocket scheme but Tobias rappels down from a Helicopter and says "Not so fast, Ash" and then beats him with his team of six Arceuses. (Arcei?)

I didn't watch the original Unova series so it's probably easier that I only know the game one and the one we have now.

Haxorus represent! Crush those Garchomp losers!

It's probably better like this, right?

I hate dealing with dream-related nonsense like "What is real?" and "Ah. I was the dream the whoooole time"

It's a pretty cool game. The dream stuff is mostly focused around a group of plot-centric NPCs and as long as you keep a healthy dose of scepticism it's pretty clear what's real and what's not. You don't trust anything NPCs say anyway so you'd be fine!

Ohhhh. For like the robot arms that do the spraying in car factories? Assuming those are in every factory that is.

Yeah those things, the ones that will slap you into a wall if you walk into them.

I'd say they are.

Like you know how the anime portrays Pokemon battles as actual fights and not boring turn-based shit?

I guess the closest we have so far is Pokken which is cool, but also a Fighting Game and I'm supremely bad at those.

Ever since Nintendo started doing the Warriors crossovers I've been hoping for a Pokemon one, that'd be neat.

Like wow great so I'm going to die at the end of this since I don't have an actual purpose beyond fixing this stupid mess.

"Thank you for saving all of us, now get out. :)" Maybe you shouldn't have talked so much about how you're going to be the iron-fisted godchampion of the region.

Pokemon Master is like the vaguest goal he could have chosen so he'll never truly be finished.

Afaik anime Iris wasn't a champion during the Unova anime; all she had going for her was an Axew that never fights and a Dragonite she couldn't control. At least that's what I picked up, I haven't watched a single episode since Sinnoh.

Ah yes, plot. I... really don't have much to say about that at the moment. Rejuv's overly obtuse magical ladies who explain nothing and other characters that actively make sure to not get any explanations continue to be as annoying as ever. What even is this game's plot I genuinely don't know.

Anime World Tournament

I'm sorry to say but there's absolutely no way Iris and Diantha are going to beat Cynthia - the most popular of all champions - and Lance - the series's first Dragon Master and non-rival champion. Especially not Diantha, considering she's one of the least popular champions in the series. This whole thing is essentially a fanservice setup so you can bet anyone but Ash and Leon will advance based on their popularity with the fanbase.

Rip to Alain being brought back just to get wiped by Leon in the first round tho, I can only imagine Kalos anime fans are seething about that.

Fun Fact: Ash's Pikachu has so far fought three different Metagross and defeated two of them, Steven better keep that in mind.

>time is a social construct anyways

YOU ARE LITERALLY THE GODDESS OF TIME

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN SOCIAL CONSTRUCT YOU CONTROL THE VERY FLOW OF IT WITH YOUR HEARTBEAT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I wish jan would stop trying to be witty

man zaius was completely replaced by prophet wasnt he

thats why you vary up your characters roles so there isnt like 10 different characters occupying the same story niche

alas

man ripping off reborn is one thing but uranium?

does jan have no shame?

whats next, ripping off insurgences deltas?

ripping off desolations actually good writing?

ripping off sages space theming?

who knows!

Can you really blame arceus for ditching aveium after everything that happened though?

I applaud your devotion to haxorus but I have to point out ash already beat iris to get to this point and the writers arent gonna spend an episode on a repeat match

shes doomed sean

doomed

Tbh I know it will never happen but I really hope Alain and Iris beat their opponents they both are overrated as fuck.

Holy shit I never realized until now all the characters in this game are magical anime girls how could I be so blind?

Also Beedrillite isn't the game yet soo, maybe in v14 however long that is. 

Wow you have some weird ability to sense when something bad is going to happen this game. "Probably has some other sinister purpose" Yeah that's about spot on.

You know the whole Timpea and Spacia thing has me wondering, did Arceus never create the creation trio or do the creation trio like turning into magical anime girls, and when the postgame happens will you catch Timpea and Spacia, this whole thing is really weird.

Maybe it works on an aspect system. In Legends its revealed at the end and spoilers just incase, 

Spoiler

that every single time you've 'caught' Arceus, it was just an aspect of the creator. So even if you did catch it that just meant its on loan basically.

Maybe its the same here, Dialga and Palkia are less physical thing you can catch, and more like a god that just sends aspects to do the work due to reasons. As for why this region in particular is who knows.

I’m surprised you don’t like blood magic, thought you would like that whole aesthetic. Guess Dragon Age ruined it for you. 

Maybe you should start your own evil team, could be fun ordering some grunts against other grunts. You already got some choices for admins, like Truck guy, Aelita, Erin, and Amber.

I like my spoiler house, I'm gonna paint all kinds of hideous colors!

Replies:

Spoiler

On 6/16/2022 at 1:54 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Hah, jokes on you! I wouldn't even be able to notice from all the bad ones I get from work!

I think she's still pretty vulnerable though. Like she has powers but she isn't actually any tougher or stronger.

I can't tell you either. The main problem was that I went into it expecting to fight a FIGHTING type Rift.

Kinda still puts her above like 90 percent of humans at least barring other superpowered people like Angie or Madame X.

Oh yeah Rift-lita would be bad enough, the dang Golems are just the icing on the cake. Guess Jan didn't think a one on one with her wouldn't have been tough enough.

I should change my name to Sean Tesla or Sean United States of America and see if that works in every job field.

I'd believe too, someone must have seen his name and said "We'd be fools not to take advantage".

Sean Tesla sounds like the name of some kind of mad scientist that goes on wacky adventures I gotta say.

But the only people in the region who give their mons nicknames are you and Melia. . . 

Maybe if you present you're arguement juuust right. Like "Hey Aelita, these people are messing up the earth and stuff, everything would be totally better under me!".

Now that would be nice, though if I ever won big I'd just use it to pay off my bills for like a year and go from there. That would be lovely to not have to worry about.

Maybe if SOMEBODY in the game development team would give us the fucking Protect TM already it wouldn't be such an issue but noooooo can't have anything nice, can we?

You get nice things. . . like severaly hundred hours into the game (give or take a few hours depending on how you play) but still!

There's desperate and there's sucking people off for crack money desperate. Alexandra's mom seemed to have been the latter if she copied Reborn's busted model. At least she managed to improve it by not making her league riddled with fucking nepotism. (Even if her son being the Dragon Leader and her Daughter being stand-in champion is a little suspicious)

And it won't even be much of a break since I have to get everything ready for Part 4 and for a spin-off show.

Ughhhhh.

That's such a low bar that it's a trip hazard. I give Damien and April/Krystal/whatever her name is credit for at least trying to keep things running. Ame doesn't seem to do much of anything after like the first gym to the point she gets murked by Lin.

Spin off show, what is this the MCU? Is there a Derogatory Cinematic Universe now?

Using part of the Pokemon's name is probably the laziest attempt at a nickname. Like calling a Squirtle "Squirt" or a Machamp "Champ". 

Oh definitely, though I can talk since I don't think I ever actually bothered to nickname my pokemon until I started reading nuzlocke comics in college. I kinda stuck then.

I feel like for field effects: in Reborn its a feature and selling point. Here in Rejuv, they're definitely there but its not quite as important. I think the fact that Ame in game provide you with notes on the field, but there's no such thing in Rejuvenation is telling.

Finally.

Kinky.

Yeah. I only ever watched the first Fantastic Beasts and I fell asleep halfway though it in the cinema.

First one was alright, second one was kinda all over the place and not in a good way. I haven't even bothered with the third one yet. 

She's not one of those hippy types of grass leaders than sleep in bushes and whatnot.

Mallow was probably the closest but that was just tropical island life in general.

Well we've had a Gardener and Farmer Grass type gym leader, maybe they're working up to it with Gen 9?

They make obscene amounts now too, even if they're crap. I don't understand how Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time.

I think I might just find cinemas comfy at this point. Like I never fall asleep in public. Not ever but for some reason I've fallen asleep at Jurassic Park 3, Rogue One, Fantastic Beasts, Avatar and Night at the Museum.

I honestly don't understand how Avatar is getting a damn sequel. Only thing the first one had going for it was SFX, but its been 13 years its been surpassed on that front. Hopefully Avatar 2 will suck so this franchise can stay dead.

Can't believe it took me 6 years of Nuzlocking to finally order some actual Pokeball props to use.

Sheesh.

Hell you could have any random round object and we wouldn't have minded . . . much.

I was actually shocked when I first saw her in-game sprite. Like I found this bitch sleeping in a cave why does she look like a goddamn supermodel?

Alas, no romance allowed in-game. I'd probably have a hard time actually choosing.

Erin's one of those people who wake up looking gorgeous with no effort, obviously.

Probably for the best, the game is already groaning under the weight of the plot. Though if we had the option, I'd be torn between Amber, Erin, or Aelita.

Most everyone in reborn is like psychologically broken, literally children, or fucking evil. The only really feasible choice in my eyes is maybe Serra or Victoria (if the latter ever gets over Cal).

I don't think there's a way in game to check, outside you probably have to Essentials/Debug or whatever its called.

Haha. And the irony is that I have memory like a sieve when it comes to my own words.

Hey man if I could do half the stuff Magneto could do, I'd be talking the same way too. 

It honestly sounds like the payoff to a really bad gay joke.

Honestly my memory is bad when it comes to names, like I can literally talk to a person 10 time as week and completely forget their name without seeing them for a day.

Aelita probably didn't even feel that hit at the theater, she just reacted to make Erin feel better.

PROFESSIONALS GET PAID.

Professionals get paid in the satisfaction of good work, money is secondary!

Fucking Senseis, man.

Senseis are just lazy, making us do their work for them. Shameful.

I had half started a game of Uranium but gave up because I just wasn't that invested. It'd have to be a reeeeeallly special or reeeeeeally short fangame for me do another one.

7 years this August 20th. I did not expect it would last this long since I got through the Reborn run in a single year of uploading.

And yet after ALL that time, I still don't have a single completed Nuzlocke. I mean ORAS was but who the fuck cares about ORAS?

Man could you imagine trying to power through all of the Rejuvenation stuff in a year? You'd have probably burned out in like 5 or six badges in.

The Alphabet locke seems like it was a mistake in retrospect, it must be a hell of a lot harder to edit 3d stuff.

Oh really? Didn't know that. It was before even my time.

Haha I wonder if I can make a Punch Out Mod for that eventual chapter?

Edit all the boxers with her team, and then just have the final match be Nastastia herself. She ends up being the hardest fight and the glasses never come off, even when you win.

Ash wins the tournament and suddenly the lights go out. You think it's yet another Team Rocket scheme but Tobias rappels down from a Helicopter and says "Not so fast, Ash" and then beats him with his team of six Arceuses. (Arcei?)

I didn't watch the original Unova series so it's probably easier that I only know the game one and the one we have now.

Hell I'd take that over the very real chance they just magically have him lose to random people and starting trainers all over again.

The original Unova series wasn't THAT bad, but it had some. . . controversial decisions made. Helps a chunk of the main plot was straight deleted because of that massive earthquake that hit Japan in 2011. 

I really want Iris to win, but I am bracing myself for a Cynthia win.

Also Alain got flattened by Leon in the recent episode (the fan reaction has not been great about that) and now we gotta wait two weeks for the next one.

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

Tiempa and Spacea, truly the best characters in the game. Divine Intervention when you don't want it is truly the best, I'm honestly wondering what even is their game plan at this point. Gotta wonder what's stopping them from just erasing Team Xen from existence.

Beyond them being lazy bums. Or maybe whoever "Her Majesty" is, is a lazy bum.

Also it's probably best they can't hear you, they'd probably just be patronizing as all hell. Which would piss you off even more.

I'm honestly expecting to go back to Blacksteeple at some point, it's too perfect of a place for a major showdown with Team Xen. It seems like they're still using it as a base at least. Also Melia's mission is still just a dumb in V13, don't worry there.

Sorry Sean, your gonna have to settle for the Championship Title with whatever actual authority that gives you, you should probably just take In game Jan's job. He seems to be the actual man running things behind the scenes.

Can't believe the game is going with the trolley problem of all things (that picture with you riding on the trolley is hilarious). Obviously we're gonna go for the third option like all good JRPGs, but it'd be wild if the game made us have to choose like that.

That bush pun was terrible and you know it. Though Caesar got you back good there.

Zira is hilarious, despite the rather dark subject of her running joke. Might as well get some use out of that ceiling light, can never seem to justify using mine over  simple lamp.

Onto Sheridan village, who seems to have terrible luck retaining people due to the Sensei/mayor having an emotional breakdown every generation. I'm shocked anyone even lives in the village come modern day.

I kinda like Anju, she's my favorite of the "Protectors", just pretty nice overall. Too bad she gets corrupted by Indriad. Melia being intimidated by her kinda makes sense with the whole tried to sacrifice her thing, Melia didn't know she had powers like you before you took that lava bath.

I didn't think a place going Chernobyl literally was a thing that would happen but here we are. This whole section of the world must be cursed honestly.

Also don't worry Sean, I don't think your uncultured swine, more like a boar really. Also it'd get really dull if you couldn't understand your mons admit it.

Cella trusting all this to a bunch of people she just met it weird but honestly its lowkey compared to like everything else in this region. Also god I hope you hitting on her comes up when you go back to the future, that'd be very hilarious.

That Sailor Moon edit is the best thing ever, its so true it hurts. Only difference is that the scouts won, the Protectors meanwhile dropped the ball so hard that it hit the core and doomed the planet.

Vivian, that whole conversation with her is something. I kinda wish how you answer impacts the story in some way. Like one set of choices causes her to look for a different solution altogether. Though I know everything is set in stone because otherwise we get. . . well you know.

Also aww, you do kinda sorta like your group of unruly teenagers. 

I get ya, sitting down to work on this takes time, also I kinda hate how bright it is even at 9 PM. It's throwing me off.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm back!

Doesn't mean that I'm going to be going back to the weekly-ish uploads anytime soon though.

Been kind of tired lately so you'll have to wait and see.

Aaaaanyway...

Here you go!

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-chapter-141-shit-happens.1076/page-80#post-876455

Replies:

Gentleman Jaggi:

Spoiler
On 6/16/2022 at 12:40 PM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

It's a pretty cool game. The dream stuff is mostly focused around a group of plot-centric NPCs and as long as you keep a healthy dose of scepticism it's pretty clear what's real and what's not. You don't trust anything NPCs say anyway so you'd be fine!

Hmmm...I'll download it but I doubt I'll get to it anytime soon with the rest of my backlog being what it is.

This is Desolation we're talking about, right? It's been like a month since we last had that discussion so I don't actually remember which game it was we were on about.

Yeah those things, the ones that will slap you into a wall if you walk into them.

Yikes. They're passively aggressively rebelling against humans already?

Should program a little voice box into them that calls the workers they beat "meatbags".

I'd say they are.

I guess the closest we have so far is Pokken which is cool, but also a Fighting Game and I'm supremely bad at those.

Ever since Nintendo started doing the Warriors crossovers I've been hoping for a Pokemon one, that'd be neat.

I suppose. I was hoping more for some sort of VR game where you scream instructions at the Pokemon. Like "USE ROCK TOMB TO MAKE A BARRIER, GRAVELLER!" and then it does exactly that.

We'd need actual AI for that though.

Eh...was never that big on the Dynasty Warrior type games. They're kind of boring button mashers in my opinion.

"Thank you for saving all of us, now get out. :)" Maybe you shouldn't have talked so much about how you're going to be the iron-fisted godchampion of the region.

No, you see that would require these Aeviumites to both listen to me AND do the smart thing. One of those is unlikely but possible but two at the same time? Not a chance.

At least if this run does end with me dying in the end, I can make all of you at home cry as I'm separated from Rose forever.

I'll even put this soundtrack in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8PDk7uA5aQ to REALLY twist the knife.

I'm thinking I start fading away and Rose starts crying at the 1:23 mark. That'll have you all bawling.

Afaik anime Iris wasn't a champion during the Unova anime; all she had going for her was an Axew that never fights and a Dragonite she couldn't control. At least that's what I picked up, I haven't watched a single episode since Sinnoh.

They needed somebody to represent Unova and nobody cares about Alder.

It does give me a headache when I try and figure out how the fuck all these kids were able to become Champions and not even a year has passed. Like damn. I can't imagine you'd lose much viewership with the kiddies if you aged Ash up to at least 15 years old.

Ah yes, plot. I... really don't have much to say about that at the moment. Rejuv's overly obtuse magical ladies who explain nothing and other characters that actively make sure to not get any explanations continue to be as annoying as ever. What even is this game's plot I genuinely don't know.

I don't think anyone knows at this point.

It's entertaining at least but very hard to understand.

Anime World Tournament

I'm sorry to say but there's absolutely no way Iris and Diantha are going to beat Cynthia - the most popular of all champions - and Lance - the series's first Dragon Master and non-rival champion. Especially not Diantha, considering she's one of the least popular champions in the series. This whole thing is essentially a fanservice setup so you can bet anyone but Ash and Leon will advance based on their popularity with the fanbase.

Rip to Alain being brought back just to get wiped by Leon in the first round tho, I can only imagine Kalos anime fans are seething about that.

Fun Fact: Ash's Pikachu has so far fought three different Metagross and defeated two of them, Steven better keep that in mind.

Well you were wrong about Lance but sadly not about Iris.

Iris SHOULD have fucking won though. Just so I can get more action shots for Rose. They also missed an opportunity to use Gems since those were Gen 5's gimmick

I still can't wrap my head around why ALAIN of all fucking characters. Should have been Tobias.

And I bet rich rock boy's Metagross hasn't fought as many Pikachu's either.

Even then, Ash's team is extremely OP. He has ALL the gimmicks while his competitors only have one (and Iris, none)

YingYang9705:

Spoiler
On 6/16/2022 at 4:33 PM, YinYang9705 said:

>time is a social construct anyways

YOU ARE LITERALLY THE GODDESS OF TIME

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN SOCIAL CONSTRUCT YOU CONTROL THE VERY FLOW OF IT WITH YOUR HEARTBEAT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I wish jan would stop trying to be witty

Like sure it's a funny enough comment coming from the goddess of time but it makes their lack of understanding about Melia even more baffling since understanding is important when telling a joke.

man zaius was completely replaced by prophet wasnt he

thats why you vary up your characters roles so there isnt like 10 different characters occupying the same story niche

alas

Well I changed the future telling part of Zaius's character because I ended up catching a Xatu and realised it was a way better fit given that they can actually tell the future.

Now Dr. Zaius is le generic wise monkey with a not so generic hologram projector in his head.

Oh and Nasty Plot turning him into a psycho whenever I use it.

Fun stuff.

man ripping off reborn is one thing but uranium?

does jan have no shame?

whats next, ripping off insurgences deltas?

ripping off desolations actually good writing?

ripping off sages space theming?

who knows!

Nah he doesn't do any of that.

It's more like he watches an anime and then thinks "Hmmm...how to put this in my game?"

An unfortunately his tastes are shit so I won't be getting a mech any time soon.

At LEAST there hasn't been any Danganroppa shit. Hate that crap.

Can you really blame arceus for ditching aveium after everything that happened though?

But this was BEFORE everything that happened! Fifty years before all of my trials and tribulations.

So in summation, Arceus is a big fucking pussy.

I applaud your devotion to haxorus but I have to point out ash already beat iris to get to this point and the writers arent gonna spend an episode on a repeat match

shes doomed sean

doomed

She's never doomed in my heart.

I was hoping she'd last a bit longer so I could get even MORE Haxorus images to use for my run but I'll make do with what I have.

Haxorus gave a great showing too.

Z:

Spoiler
On 6/16/2022 at 10:39 PM, Z.. said:

Tbh I know it will never happen but I really hope Alain and Iris beat their opponents they both are overrated as fuck.

And overrated they shall sadly remain.

At least Iris put up a fight. Don't know what the fuck Alain was even doing there in the first place.

Holy shit I never realized until now all the characters in this game are magical anime girls how could I be so blind?

I don't know.

I think maybe you learn better from poorly Photoshopped jokes than actual reading.

Also Beedrillite isn't the game yet soo, maybe in v14 however long that is. 

AW WHAT!? WHY THE FUCK NOT!? THE GAME WILL BE FUCKING OVER BY THE TIME I CAN USE MY POKEMON TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL AT THIS RATE!

Wow you have some weird ability to sense when something bad is going to happen this game. "Probably has some other sinister purpose" Yeah that's about spot on.

It's not so much an ability as it is being genre savvy. I've been playing this game for years at this point, and the amount of times we went somewhere without something bad happening is LITERALLY zero.

You know the whole Timpea and Spacia thing has me wondering, did Arceus never create the creation trio or do the creation trio like turning into magical anime girls, and when the postgame happens will you catch Timpea and Spacia, this whole thing is really weird.

Maybe they just shift into their full divine forms when battling? Loads of JRPGs have bosses that do that.

It is definitely weird. But again, sitting in chains and bikinis at the foot of my throne is their eventual fate either way.

VMeemes:

Spoiler
On 6/17/2022 at 12:06 AM, VMeemes said:

Maybe it works on an aspect system. In Legends its revealed at the end and spoilers just incase, 

On 6/17/2022 at 12:06 AM, VMeemes said:

that every single time you've 'caught' Arceus, it was just an aspect of the creator. So even if you did catch it that just meant its on loan basically.

Maybe its the same here, Dialga and Palkia are less physical thing you can catch, and more like a god that just sends aspects to do the work due to reasons. As for why this region in particular is who knows.

Huh.

Well I guess that makes sense?

They really shouldn't have made such outright god-like Pokemon in the first place though.

Kanto and Johto Legendaries were just big strong animals and they were fine.

Bluedude:

Spoiler
On 6/17/2022 at 4:02 PM, Bluedude said:

I’m surprised you don’t like blood magic, thought you would like that whole aesthetic. Guess Dragon Age ruined it for you. 

Blood magic is just icky. Why deal with all that blood when you could just throw a fire ball instead?

Maybe you should start your own evil team, could be fun ordering some grunts against other grunts. You already got some choices for admins, like Truck guy, Aelita, Erin, and Amber.

Problem with that is that none of them would join of their own free will since they're...ugh..."good people".
And the people who WOULD join my evil gang would have personalities I wouldn't like so I'm stuck being a solo act.

Human-wise at least.

Dex:

Spoiler
On 6/19/2022 at 6:11 AM, Dex said:

I like my spoiler house, I'm gonna paint all kinds of hideous colors!

Sadly, this is the Reborn website.

You only get black or grey here.

Replies:

Spoiler

On 6/16/2022 at 6:54 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Hah, jokes on you! I wouldn't even be able to notice from all the bad ones I get from work!

Okay...then I'm sending my own good vibes your way to mock the lack of good ones you have yourself?

Kinda still puts her above like 90 percent of humans at least barring other superpowered people like Angie or Madame X.

Oh yeah Rift-lita would be bad enough, the dang Golems are just the icing on the cake. Guess Jan didn't think a one on one with her wouldn't have been tough enough.

Well yeah but most superpowers aren't very useful unless you have a durability or speed increase that'd let you render bullets or maniac women with swords useless.

That thing was a fucking pain in the ass and Aelita is lucky that she wasn't in control or I might have removed her from the best girl list.

I'd believe too, someone must have seen his name and said "We'd be fools not to take advantage".

Sean Tesla sounds like the name of some kind of mad scientist that goes on wacky adventures I gotta say.

They slipped up by not having "Has to wear a Bowser costume every day" in his contract.

Sounds like dogshit to me. Like the two names don't really go together at all.

If I was a mad wacky adventure having scientist I'd call myself Sean Science and teach kids how to make meth.

But the only people in the region who give their mons nicknames are you and Melia. . . 

Maybe if you present you're argument juuust right. Like "Hey Aelita, these people are messing up the earth and stuff, everything would be totally better under me!".

It's a quirk all main characters have. Melia and I are the main characters of the game so naturally we get super speshul nicknaming priviledges.

And I know it sounds nuts that I just admitted she's a main character but at this point denying it would be stupid.

I will try seduction as well. She can't be mad about my tyranny if I seduced her, right?

Now that would be nice, though if I ever won big I'd just use it to pay off my bills for like a year and go from there. That would be lovely to not have to worry about.

A y-year!? How many bills do you have!?

If I won 2-5 million that'd be it.

I wouldn't have to work another day for the MAN for rest of my life! Just buy a nice house, buy a nice wife, have 3-4 kids, murder the wife so I won't lose anything to divorce and live happily ever after!

You get nice things. . . like severally hundred hours into the game (give or take a few hours depending on how you play) but still!

I was VERY happy when I found out that Reborn V19 has the Protect TM relatively early on. I made GOOD use of that, I can tell you now.

But I don't get nice things when I NEED them! I AM LEVEL 75 AND STORES STILL DON'T HAVE EVEN MAX POTIONS!

(It's 117 hours of gameplay time for me up until the end of V12 but probably thousands spent on this Nuzlocke)

Ughhhhh.

That's such a low bar that it's a trip hazard. I give Damien and April/Krystal/whatever her name is credit for at least trying to keep things running. Ame doesn't seem to do much of anything after like the first gym to the point she gets murked by Lin.

Spin off show, what is this the MCU? Is there a Derogatory Cinematic Universe now?

Heh good one.

Yeah they keep it running but they don't actually DO anything until way later in the game (although come the fuck on, Jan. I don't need their "Training" and I'm insulted by the very notion)

She intentionally didn't want her self-insert to do anything, I think? Something about it taking away from the player?

I see you've forgotten my joke about this during the backtracking filler arc. Which is understandable. it was a while ago.

All of my Nuzlockes are part of the TTCU. The Terribly-Titled Cinematic Universe.

As of now, Reborn, Rejuvenation are the only definitely canon entries. Snakewood is more of a What If? And Rising Ruby is...something?

I don't know. I don't actually watch any Marvel stuff to get this 100% accurate.

Oh definitely, though I can talk since I don't think I ever actually bothered to nickname my pokemon until I started reading nuzlocke comics in college. I kinda stuck then.

I feel like for field effects: in Reborn its a feature and selling point. Here in Rejuv, they're definitely there but its not quite as important. I think the fact that Ame in game provide you with notes on the field, but there's no such thing in Rejuvenation is telling.

I once named a Pokemon Silver team after the Teen Titans when I was nine but that's about it until Nuzlockes.

Very true. That was one of Reborns main selling points (aside from it's..."maturity" compared to other Pokemon games)

Rejuvenation's main selling point is probably the characters and the bonkers story. Like Reborn is good and all but I don't really LIKE as many of the characters. The Battles in both are decent enough though. Still my favourite Pokemon games even if they make me want to scream.

Finally.

Kinky.

Honestly with how degenerate a lot of Pokemon fans are, it's a refreshing surprise that these fangames don't have any porn. Especially Rejuvenation with it's platoons worth of "waifus".

First one was alright, second one was kinda all over the place and not in a good way. I haven't even bothered with the third one yet. 

There was something about Nagini being a sexy asian snake woman this whole time, right?

Making Neville a murderer, I guess.

Well we've had a Gardener and Farmer Grass type gym leader, maybe they're working up to it with Gen 9?

God that game will only be a clusterfuck. I guarantee it.

For instance: I heard that Pawmi (9th gen's Pika Clone) will have a move that lets it revive a fainted Pokemon.

If that is usable for Nuzlockes even only one time...jesus...

I honestly don't understand how Avatar is getting a damn sequel. Only thing the first one had going for it was SFX, but its been 13 years its been surpassed on that front. Hopefully Avatar 2 will suck so this franchise can stay dead.

I hope so too.

I really hope for someone to make a new franchise that's actually good at some point but the odds of that are incredibly low in this day and age.

Sheesh.

Hell you could have any random round object and we wouldn't have minded . . . much.

Reminds me of the early Reborn days when I drew a smiley face on a cabbage and said it was a Budew.

Odd that of all Pokemon, Chiller carries on the "real thing" but with a face on it tradition.

Erin's one of those people who wake up looking gorgeous with no effort, obviously.

Probably for the best, the game is already groaning under the weight of the plot. Though if we had the option, I'd be torn between Amber, Erin, or Aelita.

Most everyone in reborn is like psychologically broken, literally children, or fucking evil. The only really feasible choice in my eyes is maybe Serra or Victoria (if the latter ever gets over Cal).

I don't think there's a way in game to check, outside you probably have to Essentials/Debug or whatever its called.

I can easily see that. Her hair already has that mussed up look so it wouldn't be any different.

Makes me jealous. When I wake up I look like Kramer from Seinfeld.

Probably yes. I'd say the character amount is worse though. Like are Alice and Allen REALLY necessary?

The based and redpilled options right there. I'm going to aim for the harem ending in the post-game. I think I can make it work. The only ones that will be spared will be Melia, Venam and Lavender. Melia & Venam's exclusion should be obvious and Lavender is excluded because I wouldn't do that to my boy, Huey.

Emotional Baggage: The Region. Maybe I should just find a nice NPC to settle down with instead...

The only one I know for sure is high in Rejuvenation is Melia due to that whole "I trust Sean with my life, he's the best" thing she tells Erin in the Blakeory Anatheum.

Don't know how I feel about that, tbh.

Hey man if I could do half the stuff Magneto could do, I'd be talking the same way too. 

It honestly sounds like the payoff to a really bad gay joke.

Honestly my memory is bad when it comes to names, like I can literally talk to a person 10 time as week and completely forget their name without seeing them for a day.

Yeah, like holy shit would controlling metal be a great power. Regular Telekinesis still has it beat due to versatility though.

It's what I assume Tops are called.

There you go. Enjoy that bad gay joke.

Aelita probably didn't even feel that hit at the theater, she just reacted to make Erin feel better.

I can see it.

Like "she's pissed at me so I better not show she couldn't punch her way out of a wet paper bag too".

PROFESSIONALS GET PAID.

Professionals get paid in the satisfaction of good work, money is secondary!

Money is EVERYTHING when you don't have enough of it!

Fucking Senseis, man.

Senseis are just lazy, making us do their work for them. Shameful.

"Foolish grasshopper, in irritating you with my own sloth, I have driven you from following the path of sloth yourself!"

"..."

"Now wax my car"

Man could you imagine trying to power through all of the Rejuvenation stuff in a year? You'd have probably burned out in like 5 or six badges in.

The Alphabet locke seems like it was a mistake in retrospect, it must be a hell of a lot harder to edit 3d stuff.

I'd have to put a chapter up every three days and that would...probably BE possible but yes, I would have died.

It was a mistake in that I started Rejuvenation and enjoyed that a LOT more.

The editing in ORAS wasn't too bad but it was really boring to write for in comparison.

Hopefully after Part 3 I'll have a few Nuzlockes completed for uploading.

But then people will want Part 4 and the Reborn Reboot and these other runs will be left by the wayside once again.

Hell I'd take that over the very real chance they just magically have him lose to random people and starting trainers all over again.

The original Unova series wasn't THAT bad, but it had some. . . controversial decisions made. Helps a chunk of the main plot was straight deleted because of that massive earthquake that hit Japan in 2011. 

I really want Iris to win, but I am bracing myself for a Cynthia win.

Also Alain got flattened by Leon in the recent episode (the fan reaction has not been great about that) and now we gotta wait two weeks for the next one.

I would too. The audience would lose their minds they'd seethe so hard.

Ash being a retard after Sinnoh being one of them. Along with being beaten in the finals by an even BIGGER retard who thought the Unova League was in Ecruteak City.

That always confused me. Like an earthquake happened and you can't EVER depict one in a cartoon? It's weird.

My main desire for Iris to win it all would be that I'd get SO many images of Haxorus I could use. The lesser desires is that's she's cute and I enjoyed her Champion Battle the most.

The fuck was Alain even doing there? He's not a champion, he just barely beat Ash in Kalos.

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

Tiempa and Spacea, truly the best characters in the game. Divine Intervention when you don't want it is truly the best, I'm honestly wondering what even is their game plan at this point. Gotta wonder what's stopping them from just erasing Team Xen from existence.

It's probably the same game plan everyone else in this game has.

"Wait for Sean to defeat their Pokemon then SWOOP in to steal credit".

Beyond them being lazy bums. Or maybe whoever "Her Majesty" is, is a lazy bum.

Another goddess to chain to my throne. That's who she is.

Also it's probably best they can't hear you, they'd probably just be patronizing as all hell. Which would piss you off even more.

True. That would antagonise me into describing what I'm going to do to them after this story ends in graphic detail which would probably get me sent back to the Stone Age.

And the waiting game begins.

I'm honestly expecting to go back to Blacksteeple at some point, it's too perfect of a place for a major showdown with Team Xen. It seems like they're still using it as a base at least. Also Melia's mission is still just a dumb in V13, don't worry there.

Nahhh man. Final battle is going to be in the small observatory room above the Gearan City Docks entrance. I'll put money on that.

Are they? I thought it was abandoned for the HQ in the Badlands? Maybe they just use it for storage now because I can't see what other use it would have being so remote.

Oh good.

Sorry Sean, your gonna have to settle for the Championship Title with whatever actual authority that gives you, you should probably just take In game Jan's job. He seems to be the actual man running things behind the scenes.

Settle? I don't "Settle".

I WILL be their king. Just imagine the power I would wield after becoming Champion? None of my Pokemon have to die anymore! I CAN SPAM ALL THE MAX REVIVES I WANT!

Jan will either be executed or turned into the court jester.

Who will then by executed in a hilarious manner.

Can't believe the game is going with the trolley problem of all things (that picture with you riding on the trolley is hilarious). Obviously we're gonna go for the third option like all good JRPGs, but it'd be wild if the game made us have to choose like that.

Jan would definitely redeem himself in my eyes if he made us choose between the entire city of GDC or the characters he KNOWS we care about like Aelita, Ana and Mosely.

Like fuuuuuuck. Can you imagine if he did that and it stuck? I'd go so far as to call him "based".

That bush pun was terrible and you know it. Though Caesar got you back good there.

It was probably incorrect too. I imagine most anime girls are smooth as silk down there.

He gives as good as he gets.

Zira is hilarious, despite the rather dark subject of her running joke. Might as well get some use out of that ceiling light, can never seem to justify using mine over simple lamp.

You'd think she wasn't fed right as a child but I've literally had her since she was a cub and I've never actually gone through with the tofu threat. Doesn't help that it's not a nice light either. Very pale.

Onto Sheridan village, who seems to have terrible luck retaining people due to the Sensei/mayor having an emotional breakdown every generation. I'm shocked anyone even lives in the village come modern day.

I guess the gym circuit helped with it a bit?
Plus there's loads of Fighting type trainers who want to train in the mountains and Sheridan's the most mountainous town there is.

I kinda like Anju, she's my favorite of the "Protectors", just pretty nice overall. Too bad she gets corrupted by Indriad. Melia being intimidated by her kinda makes sense with the whole tried to sacrifice her thing, Melia didn't know she had powers like you before you took that lava bath.

Anju is pretty decent, yes. It's a tie between her and Vivian for me with Nymiera taking second.

Hazuki is obviously last due to being tainted by Blakeory seed.

I wish the game would acknowledge that stuff more. Melia should be wary around her, Aelita should develop an aversion to Electric types after her torture, Amber should cheer when whales end up beached on the shore etc. etc.

Would make them feel more alive as characters I think.

I didn't think a place going Chernobyl literally was a thing that would happen but here we are. This whole section of the world must be cursed honestly.

I'm telling you. It's the Bermuda Triangle of the Pokemon world.

(Weirdly enough, I read somewhere that Jan said it was close to Galar. And the nearest island to Britian is...oh god...)

Also don't worry Sean, I don't think your uncultured swine, more like a boar really. Also it'd get really dull if you couldn't understand your mons admit it.

Heh. I can accept that. I like boars, they're pretty cool. I hope LeCHONK evolves into something cool like that.

I suppose it would make telling specific jokes a lot harder...

Reborn Origin Story Sean can't speak to Pokemon for most of that run though and I think I've made it work okay?

Cella trusting all this to a bunch of people she just met it weird but honestly its lowkey compared to like everything else in this region. Also god I hope you hitting on her comes up when you go back to the future, that'd be very hilarious.

We just have those kinds of faces, I guess? Like Melia and Aelita, I get. They're pretty girls with upbeat personalities (most of the time) But me? Some sinister bespectacled fellow hanging around girls ten years younger than him? Not a chance anyone trusts me.

God I hope not.

That Sailor Moon edit is the best thing ever, its so true it hurts. Only difference is that the scouts won, the Protectors meanwhile dropped the ball so hard that it hit the core and doomed the planet.

One of the fuckers on the Nuzlocke Forums pointed out that I would be the Tuxedo Mask of the new generation and I can't help but agree that there are a LOT of parallels between us.

Yeah. They really fucking dropped the ball by telling us to leave and let "them sort this out".

Sprite Sean is also to blame for this since he KNOWS what happens to Anju yet does nothing to stop it.

Vivian, that whole conversation with her is something. I kinda wish how you answer impacts the story in some way. Like one set of choices causes her to look for a different solution altogether. Though I know everything is set in stone because otherwise we get. . . well you know.

The annoying thing to me is that the third option is to obviously find Indriad and chop his fucking head off before whatever he's doing happens and ruins the region.

We even have time to spare based on the amount of time that passes between Past Sheridan and Hiyoshi City.

But noooo...can't have something so obvious as that.

Also aww, you do kinda sorta like your group of unruly teenagers. 

I kinda sort of do, yes.

Even Melia after this next story arc.

I get ya, sitting down to work on this takes time, also I kinda hate how bright it is even at 9 PM. It's throwing me off.

Yyyyep.

Winter is both easier to upload due to the darkness and the room not getting overheated from the three lamps I have on for lighting.

Doesn't help that one of those lamps is nearly older than I am. It's like the one piece of furniture from our first house that survived all these years.

5 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

They needed somebody to represent Unova and nobody cares about Alder.

It does give me a headache when I try and figure out how the fuck all these kids were able to become Champions and not even a year has passed. Like damn. I can't imagine you'd lose much viewership with the kiddies if you aged Ash up to at least 15 years old.

That reminds me that I have no idea what anime N's status is. Showing up for an event like this would be way out of character anyway tho.

Didn't iirc the Unova anime actually age Ash up to 11? I remember that being a thing. There have also been various mentions of months or years having passed in the anime so everyone is just canonically immortal.

Well you were wrong about Lance but sadly not about Iris.

Iris SHOULD have fucking won though. Just so I can get more action shots for Rose. They also missed an opportunity to use Gems since those were Gen 5's gimmick

I still can't wrap my head around why ALAIN of all fucking characters. Should have been Tobias.

And I bet rich rock boy's Metagross hasn't fought as many Pikachu's either.

Even then, Ash's team is extremely OP. He has ALL the gimmicks while his competitors only have one (and Iris, none)

I guess trying to predict the anime was presumptious of me; I've stopped understanding what the heck they're doing ages ago.

For under-rep'd mons like Haxorus any big showing is a win, fan creators eat well with that.

I guess Alain showed up because he's a relatively recent character, Tobias is an anime-original character that last showed up more than 10 years ago. The anime's a bit of a continuity hell like that.

Ün Ün ÜN

Rhyperior in fangames more often than not run Solid Rock+Assault Vest which always makes them weirdly bulky against things you'd expect them to die to. Also Sandstorm buffs SpDef for Rock types in case you forgot.

Ho, I'm pretty sure back when I played this there was an actual scene of Erin showing and then bein erased. Anyway, remember how this arc was supposed to be about Aelita? Who just got time paradox'd out of existence? Funny how these things go, huh?