The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3 Finale: Remember, I Wuv You (05/12/23)

Like holy shit, I did not expect a half a month stay in a cell with you when this finale arc started.

We really need some time apart after this.

Its all apart of Melia master plan to get you to starting liking her so she can steal credit without you complaining or possibly going on a rampage

Who at this point, I believe were actually aliens from another world but it turns out WE were the aliens all along and Earth originally belonged to them?

Honestly this theory is not too farfetched,  especially cause of what v13 revealed 

GPrRzOpm.jpg

Yeah that just about confirms the theory of her being someone from the sean gang

wzbRXiem.jpg

Why is Zolt facing a wall?

On 1/3/2023 at 2:26 PM, Bluedude said:

Ep19 did have me like Hardy more, seeing as the whole time Titania and Shaphira were just giving lectures about how much the world sucks, yet it doesn’t affect Hardy and he’s just happy with his girlfriend.

Ah, a fan of Hardy. I see you are a cultured individual. Honestly, he's one of the few characters I like in Reborn. 

Anyway, replying to Derogatory's reply to my replys;

Oh. OH. THOSE kind of fangmes. Ergh, thanks a lot Internet...

Pfft. You Europeans don't all look the same? Hah! How prespos....pespost...presposterous! Next thing you'll tell me that not all Europeans understand and/or want to speak English.

Terminally online people making fools out of themselves is one thing, but when they think they're smart and be a condescending ass is another thing. Like claiming all art is political, and says we're stupid for enjoying a simple art. And even unironically equating Thomas with slavery.

In 2023. 

Ohoho, but it gets even better. This..."genius" went even further, and claim that trains are political! I'm guessing the joy I get whenever I see a train passing through is political?!?! God, these politically obssesed people. God, I legitimitely hate "Death of the Author" . God, I'm not even 50 and my blood is already rising high. 

Then again, I was arguing with someone online. I kinda brought that to myself. 

On 1/3/2023 at 7:15 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Can't conquer death though.

The most rich and powerful man in the world can still be killed by slipping in the shower.

Pfft. Then just be immortal. Problem solved!

On a serious note, but in my opinion, if (weirdo) billionares think they found a way to be immortal, I'm pretty sure they would do whatever they can to achieve this supposed key to immortality. Even if they have to kill a bunch of children or something.

In fact, I'm pretty sure there are some villains in fiction who have this kind of motive. Can't really recall who...

But they can still die from a banana peel, so in the end, it's worthless.

On to the chapter:

I know I said this multiple times but I despise this arc. Because of Turd and Stain. Because this arc happens because some brain dead gijinkas wanting to teach a lesson. That's it. That's 98% of this arc. 

A lesson that's meaningless.

Even superheroes who try to save everyone( because they're, well, superheroes) care waaay more about their loved ones than some frigging rando they meet for the literal first time.

And I still don't like their names. I know using Latin names is cliche, but that would be a better alternative than "Timpea and Spacea". Or better yet, I suggest some names from my language.

Don't worry, I choose good names this time. Like Waktu and Dimensi

...That's all I can think of. I could go for "Angkasa" but that refers to Space, as in the space with stars and planets and everything.

Remember when you were supposed to find out about Aelita's past? Instead, this arc decides to waste it time on a boring ass timeline. Thankfully though, Aelita's past did get revealed in the end.

Oh sorry. Did I say Thankfully? I meant Shockingly.

Because WHAT THE HECK is that backstory?!!! Like...damn. Sheesh. If there's one thing I'm looking forward from this arc, it's your reaction to Aelita's..."birth".

....Either v13 rewrote Madame X's dialogue, or my brain just shut out the fact that a TERRORIST is giving advice on how to sacrifice people. Terrorist, people who are usually well known to kill people and claim it's a "necessary sacrifice" for the "greater good".

It's like an animal abuser  giving advice to euthenise a dying pet. It's the correct advice in this situation,  but from the worst person possible.

Eugh...I never like the whole "touching an alternate timeline self destroys the universe" trope. If someone from the future touch their past self, then yeah the universe would logically explode. But I thought this princess is just Melia's alternate self? Why should that affect anything? In my opinion, it's no different from touching your self from an alternate dimension.

Then again, what do I know about time travel plots? 

Then again, when does time travel ever makes sense?

I was hoping that Madame X was secretly hungry all the time, but pretend otherwise to keep her edgy look. Because that means she's suffering. And I love seeing enemies suffering, mwahaha....

The closest thing we get to dynamic Pokemon battles is Pokken, maybe? I think? But God, Pokken looks so cool...I wish I could get one. And this is coming from someone who don't really give a damn about fighting games.

Hey, jumping off high things is cool! 

As long as you don't make a fool of yourself in the process...

I on the other hand don't understand what makes Dracula scary, especially in the modern age? So it can suck your blood, so? It lightphobic, just blast light into his eyes. If it can blind humans, it sure as heck can blind wimpy draculas who could only drink blood. What a loser. I'm more afraid of Raja Bersiong, a character in my local folklore.

Unlike Dracula, Raja Bersiong drinks blood because...it's tasty. That's...pretty much it. And he's not afraid of light, especially since my country is on the Earth's Equator. Sure, Bersiong doesn't have any mystical powers...But he's a king of a kingdom with loads of soldiers behind him. If he wants blood, he just order his soldiers to kill people. Problem solved! Also, his story originated much earlier than Dracula, so he's not a ripoff of Dracula. 

Points for originality!

I'm surprised that, according to Time Master Eon, you can't just cut someone's finger and use it to bypass security? Dang, there goes my future criminal plans...

I assure you, I'm totally joking.

Hmm...that girl in the painting seems to be black. 

Even better~

...I think I may have a certain fetish...

I'm also not a cunt.

That's another difference we have, cunt.

Perfect summary of Villain Sue there.

Being as irritating and ridiculous as possible REALLY takes them out of their comfort zone.

I wish there were more heroes who do stuff like these. The enemies are being try hard edgelords, yet the hero keeps going "LOL, XOXOXO"

I hope she isn't Gijinka Regigigas. Because Regigigas sucks...

...Unless Jan plans to give that thing a Mega or something?

My thoughts about gen 9:

WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYY does it stand up?!?! Why....

I'm still gonna choose it though. I'm bias to cats. And Proean, depsite being nerf. I would have love unnerfed Protean, but for balance sakes, it's probably for the best. 

Although, there's another starter who's also contending for my heart.

I don't usually care for Fire types. And Ghost types. And Crocodiles. But for some reason, I love this cool singing croc. His Signature move is so awesome...

I have nothing else to say about Quaquaval, except agreeing with everything you said.

Maybe that's why they gave the Kamen Rider Tinted lens? Sometimes, GameFreak does use their brain cells.

Lokix is so cool though. I know this is a pipe dream, but as a Kamen Rider fan, I wish we could get more colour variations for this Bug of Justice. There's so many options to choose from...

Also, I'm probably looking too deeply into this, but I like that it also gets the Dark type, considering that most Kamen Rider origins tend to be dark. And most Kamen Rider series can get rather dark, despite being for kids. Don't believe me? Here:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/KamenRider

Oh. My. God. Clodsire...IS SO CUTE!!!AWRTFHTNTNTLook at it's derp face! I just want to squish this thing, and make him my body pillow. It's been years since I last had one...

Why couldn't Arboliva be cute...

A defensive Rock Pokemon, that's quite a rarity. Love it's design. Love it's ability. Love it's signature move. I just love him entirely.

I think people like Armarouge and Ceruledge because of the resemblance to the MegaMan Battle Network series. I can certainly see the resemblance. Their stats and ability are kinda bleh, but their moves are pretty good. 

But with Terastilization, they became even better....I think.

Kingambit knows that if he ever choose to stand up, our eyes would not be able to withstand how cool he is. But seriously though, I rarely, if ever, use Bisharp but I certainly didn't expect him to get an evolution. Congrats!

Now when are we getting a Rook version? Horse? Knight? Queengambit?

I too am not really fond of Paradox Pokemon. Considering they all have practically the same abilities. If they had different abilities, they might be more interesting.

I'm fond of the alternate Volcarona's though.

Can someone explain why a region based on Spain has Chinese products? Did Spain invade China at some point or something?

...That's their lore?! Why GameFreak, why do you always make messed up lore...

On 1/26/2023 at 1:01 AM, Hakimblue99 said:

Eugh...I never like the whole "touching an alternate timeline self destroys the universe" trope. If someone from the future touch their past self, then yeah the universe would logically explode. But I thought this princess is just Melia's alternate self? Why should that affect anything? In my opinion, it's no different from touching your self from an alternate dimension.

I never knew that was a legitimate trope. Touching past selves=destroyed sure but never an alternate selves version of that.

My best explanation for this is because this is still an alternate timeline, just a destroyed version of it. So in a bizarre leap of logic princess!Melia is the future version of base Melia, who only exists because of a time gear necklace.

It also really depends on what one considers an alternate universe. Do alternate timelines count as that despite the fact that it's merely a branching path from your own home timeline? Or does this hypothetical person only count 'true' alternate universes, such as what Spiderverse does? Going by what rejuvenation goes with, alternate timeline ≠ alternate universe. Maybe. This is the only arc that really touches upon this concept so hard to say how it will look in future episodes.

• Hmm 1

Here we are gang.

The penultimate chapter of this Dark Timeline arc.

Feels like just yesterday when we arrived, doesn't it?

Okay enough with the fake pleasantries.

We both know why you're really here.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-147-much-ado-about-nothing.1076/page-84#post-896236

Bluedude:

Spoiler

On 1/3/2023 at 6:26 AM, Bluedude said:

Good to see you’re back, was starting to get worried something bad happened.

Nah...just good ol' Sean being lazy as usual.

Best indicator of something bad having happened is if it's been more than a month since I was "Last Seen" on the Nuzlocke Forum.

Have you played through all of Ep19 of Reborn? They really did add a bunch of stuff for your player to do in the post game, a crazy amount. 

I haven't actually.

I got to Victory Road but then thought I should maybe start again to get all the updated stuff and whatnot.

Haven't actually touched it since.

I do think it’s really weird that they added sexual abuse into the backstories of some characters. Especially for Shaphira with Connel, it feels like the devs just put it in to give us more reasons to hate him, as if the child torture from before wasn’t enough. It just feels fake. 

It is rather weird. I always thought he was a creep but in like the cold analytical doctor way not that he was an actual rapist.

And it does feel like all the hate is supposed to go towards him and Sirius to distract you from people who deserve it as well.

Like all the people who tried to kill you at one point or another.

Guess "attempted" murder isn't a crime in Reborn.

Ep19 did have me like Hardy more, seeing as the whole time Titania and Shaphira were just giving lectures about how much the world sucks, yet it doesn’t affect Hardy and he’s just happy with his girlfriend.

Hardy is a simple man with simple desires.

It also helps that he isn't mentally ill like 90% of the cast.

As many problems that Rejuvenation has, at least the characters are a lot less miserable than the people in Reborn.

And a lot more likable.

Like after becoming Champ I can see Rejuvenation Sean sticking around for good and putting his roots down but Reborn Sean?

Does he have anyone he could actually call a friend in that region?

There's a bunch of children, a girl who won't shut up about Kiki, a gay guy and Taka's corpse.

Not very fun.

Here’s a fun fact, for a long time I thought your name was pronounced like seam, but with you replace the m with an n. Now I know you say it like Shaun, which makes more sense.

God what a fucking terrible life I would have led if my name was Seen?

I suppose you got closer than those Taiwanese kids I was friends with in Germany. They thought it was pronounced like Cyan.

Gentleman Jaggi:

Spoiler

On 1/3/2023 at 2:25 PM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

But I bet you looooove how long it's taking me to get through it, right?

I started playing for a bit and enjoyed it but it got kinda boring after a while and I haven't played it since.

The classic Derogatory Luck. I knew it was a bad idea without Rose's luck to balance things out.

I'm waiting for Rejuv to be finished before I give it another chance anyway so in the meantime I'm just along for the ride. You'll probably get to the stuff I haven't played before Jan finishes the game.

It annoys me to no end that I'll never be able to experience the fully completed version in all it's glory.

Because I doubt once I'm finished that I'd ever be able to play it again.

Doing so with a new and different team would feel...wrong.

Rimworld is the most fun when it's fucking you over and you have to scramble to keep everything together. If you haven't yet try the Randy Random storyteller, he removes the cooldown period that keeps multiple bad things from happening to you colony in succession.

It WAS on Randy Random. All I ever seemed to get was bug attacks and my Slaking's Rhyhorn daughter dying of leprosy or something.

I'll give it another go after I get this chapter up. I could use a break.

The usual mischief and murdering no doubt.
But as for her exact plans, who fucking knows?
It's been five years of this and I still don't know their actual motivation.
Gathering souls, making Shadow Pokemon, creating Dimensional Rifts...what's it all for in the end?
What's keeping her going?

Dozens of hours into the game and still no clue what the actual plot is. Just Rejuv things.

And then what little of the plot we learn is balls to the wall crazy.

'S a pretty good system.

r1uCn4Lm.jpg

Expand  

That's it, that's Rejuvenation in a nutshell. All the time, with everything.

The fact Jan actually put that line in means he's either fucking with us or just extremely oblivious. Not sure which one's worse.

It's the former.

The fucker has GOT to know he's doing it by now.

And he ENJOYS it.

m0Ldp6cm.jpg

Expand  

So is this just a Dragon thing or are you rubing off on Rose?

It's mostly a dragon thing.

I figure pride is a big thing with them.

Dex:

Spoiler

On 1/10/2023 at 2:29 AM, Dex said:

Well so much for finishing before 2022 ends!

😭

Replies:

Hide contents

On 1/2/2023 at 11:15 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

And I am also a liar because I am two months late with my reply to your reply.

My defense isn't as good either because I just didn't feel like updating.

Lie as easily as you breathe I see!

You mean you were lying about hurting your hand, shocked truly I am!

No but seriously its all good. Go at your own pace.

God...back in the day going at my own pace used to mean a chapter every 3 days...sad to see what things have become...

Chapter Comments:

Hide contents

Well I'd argue that those are Chiller's skeletons due to the cause of death being him...

But unfortunately for me the whole "There are no bad Pokemon, just bad Trainers." thing is an actual law in this region.

Q1s60CSm.jpg

Pretty much. Though I can't imagine you getting off scot-free either.

Hell, when I think about it, things would probably be even worse for me legally since I can actually understand you lot.

Expand  

Well at least you have to worry about Chiller then! He'd be downright insulted if they gave credit for his kills to you!

Very true.

He'd be disgusted if he knew that the police would call me a murderer for using my Vanilluxe to freeze people.

He wouldn't like be treated as a murder weapon and not a murderer.

QfCD8enm.jpg

GOOD GOD WE'D NEVER FIGURE OUT WHO SHE WAS THEN!

Expand  

That'd be really smart honestly. . . which is probably why you dont have to worry about that happening. Assuming we know the person under the helmet. I'm half expecting madame x to be a all new character under that thing.

I don't think we have to worry about that.

It's masked hero characters that usually end up just being some guy while masked villian character are always famous industrialists or something.

She's probably Saki's Mom or something.

S8FQuEMm.jpg

Do you little shits think I don't have ears or something?

HELL I'M THE ONLY ONE ON THIS FUCKING TEAM WITH THEM!

05wIDASm.png
Expand  

Caesar is clearly Sean from another timeline or your spirit animal, just stick some glasses on him and you cant tell the difference!

Clearly they're all REALLY good at reading lips.

My spirit animal is a DRAGON goddamit! I ain't accepting a fucking BUSH as one.

sMyrZ5Rm.jpg

Ugh...this seems like a terrible thing to put in a game. It's easily an instant win button and the villain just looks stupid for not using it.

I hope to GOD there's severe repercussions for using it or that it doesn't transport you through space as well because then what the fuck is the point of doing anything otherwise?

Expand  

Near as I remember there don't seem to be any major drawbacks. Which makes the whole thing even worse. I legit think Jan and company didn't think this part of the game through.

It also never fucking comes up after this.

Like nobody ever talks about it again.

It's weird.

THESE PEOPLE FUCKING KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYONE FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

I can keep beating them down over and over again, but like a weed that's been injected with steroids, they keep spreading and I can't do dick to stop it.

ZuntIvXm.jpg

And the way this story is fucking going it's looking more and more likely that Team Xen are going to turn out to be well-intentioned extremists or some such shit like that.

Which repulses me since I want them all dead and the more likeable ones imprisoned.

But that's literally just Sharon and Eli.

Expand  

Honestly this comes up in a lot of fangames. Desolation, Reborn, Rejuvenation, it always seems like your 10 steps behind the bad guys AT BEST. Like after a certain point how are you even remotely a threat to them?

Also you're just gonna have to accept that last part about well intentioned extremists. Seems to be a common thing for fangames too. 

All they need to do is get arrested one by one until the Evil Team Leader realises how much damage the player has done and stages a jailbreak. That'd be much better than them just walking right past us out the fucking door!

Don't worry. There's going to be at least TWO people in the group that are utterly irredeemable so we can pour all our hate on them.

Yeah their whole plan is incredibly stupid as it is but it gets worse due to that single fucking fact.

Vivian should mean virtually nothing to Melia for her to interfere this much.

OVu6Asem.jpg

But say we accept that Melia's some all-loving heroine with warm sunshine in her heart, there's still a massive difference between Vivian and someone like Venam to her.

That's where the lesson fails in my opinion.

Expand  

You know thinking on this now, this whole Vivian Decision probably should have been the players choice. Knowing about her connection to Aelita, Aelita being our best friend, etc

Nah. This whole thing was meant to be a lesson for Melia, right?

Gotta prioritise the greater good over her own selfish desires and whatnot.

See that wouldn't work on me. I'd get the lesson and learn nothing from it because I still prefer the selfish option.

dcorriWm.jpg

GALARIAN RAPIDASH SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FIRE PEGASUS DAMMIT! IT WAS ALREADY A UNICORN!

I'M STILL MAD ABOUT IT AND HOPEFULLY NOBODY WILL SEE THROUGH THIS REPEATED COMPLAINT AND NOTICE HOW FUCKING WORRIED I AM ABOUT A LITERAL POKEMON PRINTING PRESS EXISTING!

Expand  

It really should have. The real one wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so dang ugly. I've seen some REALLY good fan designs.

This one is my favorite.

That's pretty good but I wouldn't have given it Lightning Rod myself. Rapidash should stay a physical attack.

Volt Absorb would be much better.

VrAEoCom.jpg

Expand  

Aww, I see your still heartbroken by your best mon leaving.

Heartbroken?

He's basically an escaped convict! I caught him in a 2 dollar ball so now he owes me a lifetime of servitude!

YGqsTHwm.jpg

Expand  

Clearly the Dragon type's biggest weakness is ego. 

You've clearly been a great influence on the girl!

Well it makes sense, right? Dragons are always said to be proud creatures in fantasy!

And she's always been a little prideful.

Or maybe smug is a better word?

My endless praises can't have helped matters.

Ntrxohrm.jpg

Expand  

The princess lives in a big expensive castle while her subjects live in shacks. Ah good old monarchy!

Man you'd think theyd give them at least a little color. I'd take a brighter shade of green at least!

Well her big expensive castle is pretty much in ruins. The outdoors is a mess and I had to climb a fucking ladder to get to the throne room. She's barely richer than they are at this point.

Can't. Paints come from soil, sands and resins. Hard to get those in any other colour than grey in this timeline.

JaRorrNm.jpg

Why are you all looking at a painting?

We have THINGS to do, people!

Expand  

Hey even in the apocalypse, you gotta have time for the finer arts. 

Its honestly a really good painting by assume Zumi. 

Too bad Nymiera apparently didnt pray hard enough. Or maybe she just prayed to the wrong mon god?

dsvZdAgm.jpg

I'm also not a cunt.

That's another difference we have, cunt.

Expand  

Hey now! 

It was the thought that counts, its not like Nancy knew Sean was immortal. . .right?

She must have!

Her and Crescent are the only ones that know me from before my Trainer Card registration.

IK5rrlCm.jpg

Expand  

Honestly the weird part about all this is that they had Melia at some point, then gave her to jenner. Should have just kept her if they were just gonna kidnap her later. Maybe there's a "good" reason they did so.

Also her mom's probably dead. Willing to bet money on that.

Madame X didn't want to change any diapers so she shipped her off.

There was something about she wasn't useful yet. So...Melia has to ripen or something for their plans to work?

Dead, or in a magic rock?

Because the latter happened for a reason and that reason might be resurrection.

*Sigh*

Unfortunately, that's a good point.

That's be nice but sadly, I'm Buu Saga Piccolo.

Constantly yelling at blonde children.

You really are, it's honestly kind of hilarious. 

Especially considering what happens with Melia in a few chapters. 

It's some kind of Giga Garufan bargain sale!

Yeah the whole server crash thing is a worry.

It's why I always preferred the anime putting all the Pokemon on a reserve. Much more palpable than being stored as data.

Yeah that works, Oak's lab is pretty cool. Also on that note, apparently they're about to retire Ash after 25 years. I was genuinely shocked. 

How will Pokemon survive the loss of Ash?

Easily, sadly. All the money is in merchandise.

I will probably still be teary-eyed at his last scene though.

It turned out better than I thought. But I did draw the eyes. I just copied how they looked in the portraits.

I was always better at looking and copying an image than actually being good at drawing.

Oh yeah. And the cape would have to go. I have no idea how to draw the physics on that thing.

That works. 

Clearly your hidden ability is Copycat. 

Madame X probably looks better without the cape, anyways. Few can pull one off without looking silly.

Copycat...isn't an ability?

Well of course she does. She's in a skin-tight catsuit!

She can't die! Who will be Ren's girlfriend if not her?

Why it's Aelita obviously! You're just Ren's wingman!

If he dares, I'll fuck his sister.

Hell I'll MARRY his sister and come to every single family get together just to spite him.

It'll be like "Today Damien taught us that Fire types are strong against Grass types!" while I'm screaming "WHY THE FUCK IS HE TEACHING YOU THAT SHIT NOW!?!? I'M LITERALLY FIGHTING A GIANT FUCKING WHALE WITH LINK FROM LEGEND OF ZELDA!"

I THINK I don't use it in Part 4.

I THINK.

Man Damien must think the kids REALLY suck at Pokemon. Even Venam at the very least knows the type chart. 

That means Part 4 Sean absolutely did not equip it then! 

It's made worse because that's actually something he makes them do. He pits them against each other using rental Monotype teams. As if that'd ever be fucking useful.

I'm still in awe of the one time he just decided to grab the Heat Stone before Cera did. Surprised the hell out of me.

And it's not as bad as the singing in the Switch Gamefreak games either.

God were those stupid ideas.

Gotta save up those actions for the right moment I guess. 

Honestly I think GameFreak is doing this deliberately now, like one of the new Gym leaders is a rapper. With no sound its all so awkward. 

They're afraid people will panic if they start hearing noises that aren't Pikachu's voice actress.

The only known voice actor in all Pokemon games.

The battles I actually prepare for usually go much better for me (if the cards aren't stacked too far against me, field-wise).

Zira died because I was trying to get through the Grunts as fast as possible and that's on me.

I'm definitely guilty of that. Trying Desolation again, I beat that Aipom with no losses but ran into a double battle without healing first. Not my finest moment.

I never got past that damn thing.

Even when I went back with a Rockruff in managed to get 3 critical hits so I threw in the towel out of frustration.

I could nearly have a full box of all the Fighting types that have died on me in this run.

And yet my bugs just keep on fucking thriving...

Clearly Crawli was right about what he said at the end of his Gym battle. 

Poor poor Bluster and Coffee. . . 

They're only thriving because I never use 'em!

Only one that gets action is Carnage because he's a fucking Fighting type!

They never got their Mega Evolutions...Carnage will have to carry their torch forward.

But unlike Caesar she was nuts in her own special way. Also a ballerina for some reason.

Hmmm...nibbling on her neck WOULD make Venam mad though...

But if I keep going down this train of thought, the game will end up with Melia and I dying of old age together while Venam seethes in an old folks home.

Hey she earned that degree with blood and sweat. . . . though not necessarily her own blood. . .

At this rate, Venam is gonna break out of her statue from sheer anger. What a good friend you are!

What I really want to know is where she got a human bodysuit to perform well enough to graduate. But we'll never know now...

Hahaha actually I think I'd prefer if she never did but the whole MeliaXSean romance still happens so we put her statue in the living room of the home Melia and I raise her kids in.

And every night, you see a single tear fall from the statue.

Yeah, I'd hate for them all to die for nothing by trying to oppose me.

They should just shake their heads and go "Oh, Sean!" when I start tightening my iron fist around the region.

Most likely but I'll never know.

And I don't know if it makes it better or worse if it has it.

Give them good positions in your knew dictatorship and they could be happy. 

Poor Zira was doomed the second that Aggron came out.

Unlikely. The positions they'd get would be ones they'd probably be going into anyway. Like Aelita becoming Leader of Sheridan or Melia finally opening her fucking gym.

And it's going to be a MOSTLY benevolent dictatorship anyway so they shouldn't complain too much.

Aside from the laws I specifically make to annoy them. 

Nah, the run would end at Blacksteeple due to the writer giving up due to not realising how much effort would be needed to complete this.

It'd go something like Madame X stabbing them instead of Nancy and they say some trite shit about telling their friends to go on without them.

As their eyes start to darken their last words are "At least...they'll be safe..."

And the last panel is pure black.

Which then ALSO leaves it up to being continued if the writer feels like it.

Expand  

Now THAT is an evil cliffhanger. 

It'd be wild if that was the moment you found out the MC was immortal in the actual game. Only slightly less traumatic than what actually happens!

Yeah she's just doing her whole "hoisting the dead body above her head" thing and suddenly it kicks her in the face.

Would be way cooler than taking a fucking lava bath.

Google what Inspector Gadget's weaknesses are right now.

His only weakness is that he's an idiot.

Goddammit.

Unfortunately, Madame X is an asshole but not an idiot for the most part.

The most part being relevant to this specific chapter, yes?

Alas, common sense is the rarest Pokemon of all...

I imagine her weird armor would protect her from any blows we'd land but it'd still be satisfying to bash her head in with a 2x4 even if it was mostly ineffective.

Yeah I'd doubt it would be that easy. But hell its worth a shot. 

Definitely great stress relief too like a punching bag.

I'd find it incredibly funny if we completely overwhelm her with our makeshift weapons. Like she can't deal with it at all.

Because realistically, who's she ever actually fought with her sword that wasn't at a major disadvantage from not having a weapon themselves? Grunts, Nancy, Alexandra's Mother. All unarmed.

Twas I, Dex! Twas the Derogatory Trainer who wrote the insult at himself! What a twist it is!

Yeah. She's bitchy enough towards Amber that I'm starting to think she's secretly Evil Veronica.

Hey your masochism is your own business.

She can't be Evil Veronica because she's not awkwardly flirting with Melia enough. 

I did it for COMEDY not masochism!

I dunno...have you heard her talk about Melia sometimes? It sounds pretty obsessive to me.

They won't do shit.

I'll kick their ass even at 70 consarnit!

They'll hide your pills and steal your cane grandpa.

They were only holding me back!

Like that weird metal armour Mewtwo had!

It was one of the better ones in this game.

A gimmick I have with his character is that getting hit by or using Dark type moves like Sucker Punch and Nasty Plot make him a lot less zen and peaceful.

I reckon by Part 4 Zaius will snap, with the next time he uses Nasty Plot turning him into a cackling Supervillain. 

I could see it happening...

But what I don't want to see is what happens if I use Nasty Plot twice.

Nope! I've got something much better planned...

I'm not going to use it at all!

Derogatory Trainer: Pokemon Genius. 

I am in awe.

And as a Genius I don't remember what this was even referring to.

Whoops?

It was self-defense and I maintain that until I speak to my lawyer.

And if he disagrees I will assault him too.

In self-defense.

You can't just assault everyone, you'll run out of people some time.

That's the POINT.

I tried doing another one and I'm still alive due to the starter I got.

Slaking unhampered by Truant is a goddamn BEAST.

Clearly there's a pattern here with your nuzlockes.

Yeah there's a reason the big strat of the final boss of Pokemon Colosseum is getting rid of Truant.

Maybe it was the ol' Derogatory Luck since I was actually playing as myself and not three randos?

Never played them I'm afraid. Only ever had a Wii and nothing good Pokemon-Wise came out on that.

YinYang9705:

Spoiler

On 1/12/2023 at 4:31 AM, YinYang9705 said:

oh hey sean I thought you died

This happens literally every year though! I always take a break after Christmas!

I just started a little earlier this year!

>>>time diamond

what was the fucking adamant orb too mainstream for this game

Yes.

Unironically.

Just wait until you find out about the fucking Mystery Dungeon on the next island.

>pokemon recreation machine

rejuvenation has less foresight put into it then rwby

I wonder if they got rid of this in V13.

I'd assume so. That versions seems to do away with a lot of complaints I've had.

Lucky me and my content, that we're still playing the heavily flawed version, huh?

what ever happened to ash and the gang getting lost in endless forests

it just sorta stopped happening as the anime went on

when was the last time they were even in a forest

It felt like a really big thing during the Johto and Sinnoh seasons. Felt like they were always fucking walking to the next location. They really should have spent more time in the cities.

I don't know...X&Y, maybe?

Like Alola didn't really have forests and Pokemon Journeys felt more like they were fast-travelling all around the world most of the time.

Z:

Spoiler

On 1/25/2023 at 9:49 PM, Z.. said:
On 1/25/2023 at 9:49 PM, Z.. said:

Like holy shit, I did not expect a half a month stay in a cell with you when this finale arc started.

We really need some time apart after this.

Its all apart of Melia master plan to get you to starting liking her so she can steal credit without you complaining or possibly going on a rampage.

The day I stop complaining about stolen valor is the day I die.

Who at this point, I believe were actually aliens from another world but it turns out WE were the aliens all along and Earth originally belonged to them?

Honestly this theory is not too farfetched,  especially cause of what v13 revealed 

OH GOD I WAS KIDDING

GPrRzOpm.jpg

Expand  

Yeah that just about confirms the theory of her being someone from the sean gang

HUEY NO!

wzbRXiem.jpg

Expand  

Why is Zolt facing a wall?

He's looking at the security cameras.

He was never really close to Zira so he doesn't really care that she's dead.

Hakimblue99:

Spoiler

On 1/26/2023 at 9:01 AM, Hakimblue99 said:

Terminally online people making fools out of themselves is one thing, but when they think they're smart and be a condescending ass is another thing. Like claiming all art is political, and says we're stupid for enjoying a simple art. And even unironically equating Thomas with slavery.

In 2023. 

Ohoho, but it gets even better. This..."genius" went even further, and claim that trains are political! I'm guessing the joy I get whenever I see a train passing through is political?!?! God, these politically obssesed people. God, I legitimitely hate "Death of the Author" . God, I'm not even 50 and my blood is already rising high. 

Then again, I was arguing with someone online. I kinda brought that to myself. 

Oh god someone got him started on that idiot claiming Thomas the Tank engine is political.

We'll be here for hours now!

Death of the Author is basically fanfiction writers wanting their nonsense to be canon.

Can't conquer death though.

The most rich and powerful man in the world can still be killed by slipping in the shower.

Pfft. Then just be immortal. Problem solved!

On a serious note, but in my opinion, if (weirdo) billionares think they found a way to be immortal, I'm pretty sure they would do whatever they can to achieve this supposed key to immortality. Even if they have to kill a bunch of children or something.

In fact, I'm pretty sure there are some villains in fiction who have this kind of motive. Can't really recall who...

But they can still die from a banana peel, so in the end, it's worthless.

"Even if they have to kill a bunch of children" he says. I don't think the people we're talking about would even balk at doing such a thing.

On to the chapter:

I know I said this multiple times but I despise this arc. Because of Turd and Stain. Because this arc happens because some brain dead gijinkas wanting to teach a lesson. That's it. That's 98% of this arc. 

A lesson that's meaningless.

Even superheroes who try to save everyone( because they're, well, superheroes) care waaay more about their loved ones than some frigging rando they meet for the literal first time.

And I still don't like their names. I know using Latin names is cliche, but that would be a better alternative than "Timpea and Spacea". Or better yet, I suggest some names from my language.

Don't worry, I choose good names this time. Like Waktu and Dimensi

...That's all I can think of. I could go for "Angkasa" but that refers to Space, as in the space with stars and planets and everything.

Heh. Turd and Stain. That's good stuff.

They've got a weirdly cold logical sense to them. I'm betting they're just advanced robots instead of actual gods now.

Okay, Dimensi is literally the same kind of shit Timpea and Spacea are. You literally just took out the last two letters!

Remember when you were supposed to find out about Aelita's past? Instead, this arc decides to waste it time on a boring ass timeline. Thankfully though, Aelita's past did get revealed in the end.

Oh sorry. Did I say Thankfully? I meant Shockingly.

Because WHAT THE HECK is that backstory?!!! Like...damn. Sheesh. If there's one thing I'm looking forward from this arc, it's your reaction to Aelita's..."birth".

Thing is, I don't know why she'd want to get rid of that power.

You get free lives and the only downside is you get turned into a six year old with no memories of it when you die.

Way better than just dying.

....Either v13 rewrote Madame X's dialogue, or my brain just shut out the fact that a TERRORIST is giving advice on how to sacrifice people. Terrorist, people who are usually well known to kill people and claim it's a "necessary sacrifice" for the "greater good".

It's like an animal abuser  giving advice to euthenise a dying pet. It's the correct advice in this situation,  but from the worst person possible.

It's very funny though.

V13 probably did rewrite it. That version seems designed to get rid of a lot of my nitpicks.

Then again, what do I know about time travel plots? 

Then again, when does time travel ever makes sense?

I've never heard of that being a thing. Touching your past self, sure. But alternate selves?

I think the plot point of the universes collapsing because of them being their in the first place is what you meant.

I was hoping that Madame X was secretly hungry all the time, but pretend otherwise to keep her edgy look. Because that means she's suffering. And I love seeing enemies suffering, mwahaha....

That would explain her failings this chapter. She's really low on blood sugar.

I mean, really? She fell for a fucking trapdoor in her own castle? Sad.

The closest thing we get to dynamic Pokemon battles is Pokken, maybe? I think? But God, Pokken looks so cool...I wish I could get one. And this is coming from someone who don't really give a damn about fighting games.

Pokken should have had EVERY Pokemon in it painstakingly designed and balanced if it wanted me to care about it.

I'd even just take final evolutions. I'm not greedy.

I on the other hand don't understand what makes Dracula scary, especially in the modern age? So it can suck your blood, so? It lightphobic, just blast light into his eyes. If it can blind humans, it sure as heck can blind wimpy draculas who could only drink blood. What a loser. I'm more afraid of Raja Bersiong, a character in my local folklore.

Unlike Dracula, Raja Bersiong drinks blood because...it's tasty. That's...pretty much it. And he's not afraid of light, especially since my country is on the Earth's Equator. Sure, Bersiong doesn't have any mystical powers...But he's a king of a kingdom with loads of soldiers behind him. If he wants blood, he just order his soldiers to kill people. Problem solved! Also, his story originated much earlier than Dracula, so he's not a ripoff of Dracula. 

Points for originality!

Dracula has a lot of powers that make him hard to defeat. Especially for peasants. And he's only weak to sunlight itself.

Not actual light.

The original wasn't even burned by sunlight either. Most of his powers just stopped working.

Seems to me like Raja Bersiong is a lot weaker than Dracula. And went mad for blood resulting in his people killing him.

Not exactly an impressive resume.

I'm surprised that, according to Time Master Eon, you can't just cut someone's finger and use it to bypass security? Dang, there goes my future criminal plans...

I assure you, I'm totally joking.

Yep. Apparently they need bioelectricity to work.

Sure you are.

Hmm...that girl in the painting seems to be black. 

Even better~

...I think I may have a certain fetish...

Is she?

She looks tanned to me.

Definitely not as black as the actual Nymiera.

Being as irritating and ridiculous as possible REALLY takes them out of their comfort zone.

I wish there were more heroes who do stuff like these. The enemies are being try hard edgelords, yet the hero keeps going "LOL, XOXOXO"

I will throw a pie in her face by the end of this. I swear to you.

I hope she isn't Gijinka Regigigas. Because Regigigas sucks...

...Unless Jan plans to give that thing a Mega or something?

Just remove Slow Start and it's destroying anything it comes up against. Doesn't need a Mega at all.

My thoughts about gen 9:

I have read all of them. 

Can't really see a reason to reply to any of them though. They're your valid opinions after all.

Vmeemes:

Spoiler
On 1/29/2023 at 4:17 AM, VMeemes said:

I never knew that was a legitimate trope. Touching past selves=destroyed sure but never an alternate selves version of that.

My best explanation for this is because this is still an alternate timeline, just a destroyed version of it. So in a bizarre leap of logic princess!Melia is the future version of base Melia, who only exists because of a time gear necklace.

It also really depends on what one considers an alternate universe. Do alternate timelines count as that despite the fact that it's merely a branching path from your own home timeline? Or does this hypothetical person only count 'true' alternate universes, such as what Spiderverse does? Going by what rejuvenation goes with, alternate timeline ≠ alternate universe. Maybe. This is the only arc that really touches upon this concept so hard to say how it will look in future episodes.

I've never heard of it being a thing. The one you mentioned, yes. But alternate selves dying if they touch eachother I've never heard of.

Usually it's just the mere presence of two alternate versions destabilising the universe or something.

Ehhh...it's more like the Princess is the alternate version of Maria (who Melia likely is) instead.

I think alternate timelines do count. Timelines and universes are basically the same thing when you think about it.

They both only variate if something changes within them. 

Man this chapter has a lot of talking in it, times like these you probably wish your character could talk. But then again that does run the risk of your character saying something that doesn’t make sense. At least with a silent protagonist you can make up what their thoughts and motivations are. 

Looks like you’re still a side main character, aside from Melia, and Aleita. I don’t really mind when I don’t play as the main character, as long as my actions still have meaning. 

I do like story’s where the main character is a normal person, and I’m not talking about dang isekai normal where the guy has no life, no family, and has no/boring job. I mean normal like they have a good social life, a close family, and a nice job. Seriously how does every Isekai protagonist not miss their world in the slightest? I’d be so upset if I got transported to some medieval fantasy world, where they don’t have electricity or plumbing. 

ah the foreshadowing font

dont know where jan got it from, probably danganronpa, but it sure beats you over the head that some big ass cutscene is coming in hot

the worst thing about the 10 year old being able to catch god thing is that until BDSP you couldnt actually catch arceus since it was only given away via events and even in PLA you just battle it to prove your worth and not actually catch it

also lucas and dawn are 11 not 10

I miss the days when comics where the most prominent form of nuzlockes

shame a consistent schedule is a difficult thing to  justify for a project you arent getting paid for, and all the big nuzlocke comics are either finished or abandoned

the bad future versions of your party are both stupid and incredibly shitty friends

and the big choice at the end of a major story beat is a danganronpa reference
thanks jan
oh well better then homestuck god could you imagine if jan took anything from that

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

On 2/3/2023 at 9:39 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

God...back in the day going at my own pace used to mean a chapter every 3 days...sad to see what things have become...

Getting slow old man! Time (and this region. . .) have worn you down.

Very true.

He'd be disgusted if he knew that the police would call me a murderer for using my Vanilluxe to freeze people.

So I guess most of Aevium is safe for the time being (besides the people that Freezer that has already whacked.)

It's masked hero characters that usually end up just being some guy while masked villian character are always famous industrialists or something.

So if you defeat her, you win Saki's hand in marriage and get her money then! For the good of the region of course!

How about a Bush Dragon, the best of both worlds? Or at the very least a Mega Sceptile?

It's weird.

Be willing to bet it comes up in the final arc. Vitus/Madame X/whoever pulls a fast one and we got to use a time diamond to fix yet another mess.

All they need to do is get arrested one by one until the Evil Team Leader realises how much damage the player has done and stages a jailbreak. That'd be much better than them just walking right past us out the fucking door!

Don't worry. There's going to be at least TWO people in the group that are utterly irredeemable so we can pour all our hate on them.

Guessing the hatesink would be Indriad plus the two jokers in visors. Hell they kinda are already since Indriad is basically Aevium Satan and the other two are trying to essentially destroy the world.

See that wouldn't work on me. I'd get the lesson and learn nothing from it because I still prefer the selfish option.

After all this I will be shocked if there isn't a point later where Melia has the choose between saving Venam and handing over some plot device. It'd make this whole arc pointless other wise. 

Learn nothing out of spite sounds about right.

That's pretty good but I wouldn't have given it Lightning Rod myself. Rapidash should stay a physical attack.

Volt Absorb would be much better.

Or heck even Motor Drive to make it even faster.

Heartbroken?

He's basically an escaped convict! I caught him in a 2 dollar ball so now he owes me a lifetime of servitude!

Whatever lets you sleep at night, dude.

Well it makes sense, right? Dragons are always said to be proud creatures in fantasy!

You've basically spoiled her, but she seems to have turned out alright. So i guess it's fine.

She must have!

Her and Crescent are the only ones that know me from before my Trainer Card registration.

Something something emotions overridng common sense something.

At least that's my best guess anyways.

Hell more than a few people have been calling for Ash to be replaced since at least Johto.

Won't lie, the last episode will probably be a gut punch for me. I still can't believe it honestly.

Shoot I meant Imposter, some Pokemon Master I am.

No Sean don't let her curves distract you from the Evil!

Hell I'll MARRY his sister and come to every single family get together just to spite him.

He'll counter by naming their first born child after you, in retaliation. 

Even when I went back with a Rockruff in managed to get 3 critical hits so I threw in the towel out of frustration.

If it makes you feel any better, the run ended soon after because of a double battle where my partner got wiped out pretty early. Leaving me 2 on 1 with a bunch of mons weak to bug types.

What I really want to know is where she got a human bodysuit to perform well enough to graduate. But we'll never know now...

Hahaha actually I think I'd prefer if she never did but the whole MeliaXSean romance still happens so we put her statue in the living room of the home Melia and I raise her kids in.

Hey maybe they had an Oranguru teaching the classes for the Pokemon?

From love interest to furniture, truly a cruel fate to inflict.

Unlikely. The positions they'd get would be ones they'd probably be going into anyway. Like Aelita becoming Leader of Sheridan or Melia finally opening her fucking gym.

And it's going to be a MOSTLY benevolent dictatorship anyway so they shouldn't complain too much.

Make it so Melia has no custodians so she has to clean the gym by herself, that would be funny. And make it so that Venam can no longer legally use that "Dogars" so from BW2, or face permanent jail time. Just for the hell of it. 

Yeah she's just doing her whole "hoisting the dead body above her head" thing and suddenly it kicks her in the face.

Would be way cooler than taking a fucking lava bath.

Man that would be cool. I'd say maybe next time you battle, but Madame X knows your immortal now too. So no luck there.

The most part being relevant to this specific chapter, yes?

. . . Yeah mostly. The trap door never fails to make me laugh. It's just so looney toons. 

I dunno...have you heard her talk about Melia sometimes? It sounds pretty obsessive to me.

It's the same thing after a certain point really.

Well it less "I need more power", more "I want to get in your pants" in Venam's case. 

But what I don't want to see is what happens if I use Nasty Plot twice

Zauis turns evil, takes over Team Xen and makes it much more efficient. You gotta put him down like Old Yeller afterwards.

Maybe it was the ol' Derogatory Luck since I was actually playing as myself and not three randos?

Never played them I'm afraid. Only ever had a Wii and nothing good Pokemon-Wise came out on that.

It's honestly amazing how little Pokemon did with the Wii. Could have easily put a Snap game on there or something.

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

BiBGQj9m.jpg

Wonder if I could fit this painting into my bag as well?

Could start my own art gallery in there and charge people to see it...

Knowing your luck it would probably just fade away once you went back to your own time. But who knows. . . 

FUTURE SEAN: Going back and reading over this I can tell you I 100% did forget.

And I'm not even the Future Sean from the year 2023.

I'm rewriting some of this chapter like a week after I wrote the "Super Dead" system and I still forgot about it.

Future Sean, Past Sean, and Present Sean in a three way battle for control of the run and the fate of Aevium. Truly the battle of the ages.

What do you think YOUR Ability would be, audience?

Please mail your answer to PO BOX 1468 Dublin 4, Ireland!

I3wo5nTm.jpg

Or if you want to actually let ME and not some random fucker from Dublin know about it, comment down below!

Someone in Ireland is about to be so confused. 

No but seriously, probably Slow Start because it takes forever for me to get anything done. Like these comments and replies!

s6dDQp8m.jpg

If Minecraft is still hip? Or is it Fortnite that the kids dig nowadays?

Or does does it go by age?

5 year olds play Roblox, 10 year olds play Minecraft and then 15 year olds play Fortnite?

Honestly that sounds about right, though replace Minecraft with more Roblox for the 10 year olds. At least that what it seems like where I work.

IT'S EVIL FUCKING MELIA!

qAdhL9xm.jpg

Ugh. Now I feel even WORSE about Zira...

She died literally right before an acceptable MEALia appeared.

Feels bad, man.

Zira looks from Pokeheaven and seethes.

I bet you were shitting yourself when you saw us look at it.

Imagine if we just used it like anyone who wanted and advantage would.

EUvd1cZm.jpg

I'd like to see this rugrat be so uppity if we all rode in here on the backs of several majestic Ho-oh!

I uh, I got nothing for this part. I honestly think Jan didn't think this part through. 

idf3RV0m.jpg

Well I don't actually know what he looks like so I thought I should cover most of the slur bases in a sort of Ultimate Bigotry Blast!

Good job sean. Your flaming cross and white robes are in the mail and will arrive within a week! Sure it'll make up for the inevitable cancellation.

FhIGcXJm.jpg

ZN7btspm.jpg

Amazing that she fell for that, be nice if she broke her neck on teh way down, but you aren't that lucky.

9QuFQy9m.jpg

dyg9adWm.jpg

And the dumbest point of this whole arc, like the only reason I can remotely justify this is that they're all extremely desperate. But still, they barely question it before turning on you. I feel like Amber is still wailing on Melia the whole time you're battling. 

0BtIdTXm.jpg

How much of yourself died writing that, just for posterity?

cNpZ0IWm.jpg

10/10 Best edit of the whole run, no contest. 

I'm honestly surprised you didn't just edit yourself rushing Melanie and punting her across the room. 

jb7CEo1m.jpg

The whole Phoenix Wright edit was pretty fun too. Judge Caesar and PNG Sean were pretty good. 

DkQsF4Qm.jpg

Oh crap I'd forgotten completely about this. Prophet being either useless or helpful, no in between. Just the way he'd want.

F10e6sN.gif

SO, SO LONG!

L2qhcBm.gif

uV4ARJJm.jpg

Gay Melia.

15/10 I laughed out loud when I saw you grab her ankles, knew exactly what was coming there. Welp time to watch you die horribly again and watch someone resolve the plot. Just another day in Aevium. 

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-148-deus-ex-melia.1076/page-84#post-899508

Hey-hoo.

New chapter for you.

We're FINALLY leaving this Dark Timeline arc where everyone wants to kill us and going home to our own timeline!

Where only MOST people want to kill us!

Replies:

Gentleman Jaggi:

Spoiler
On 2/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Time Travel Shenanigans are hard to write at the best of times.

Suffice to say Jan did not do a very good job at it.

Very much looking forward to this arc finally ending, we're almost there!

Yeah. It doesn't help things that nearly every story with it has probably 100 Reddit posts about how the rules don't make any sense.

Best leave time-travel out in my opinion. Because then it opens up into shit like Multiverses and I hate those. 

And we're here!

Depending whether or not you consider the chapter after this part of it.

I mean...it kinda is...but it's not set in the Dumpster Timeline.

Bluedude:

Spoiler
On 2/4/2023 at 12:25 AM, Bluedude said:

Man this chapter has a lot of talking in it, times like these you probably wish your character could talk. But then again that does run the risk of your character saying something that doesn’t make sense. At least with a silent protagonist you can make up what their thoughts and motivations are. 

Looks like you’re still a side main character, aside from Melia, and Aleita. I don’t really mind when I don’t play as the main character, as long as my actions still have meaning. 

I do like story’s where the main character is a normal person, and I’m not talking about dang isekai normal where the guy has no life, no family, and has no/boring job. I mean normal like they have a good social life, a close family, and a nice job. Seriously how does every Isekai protagonist not miss their world in the slightest? I’d be so upset if I got transported to some medieval fantasy world, where they don’t have electricity or plumbing. 

I can only talk when there's humor to be had, otherwise it's very difficult. Also it's implied that they kinda hear what I say in this chapter.

Just nothing that'd break the plot. 

THE SPOTLIGHT MUST BE ALWAYS ON ME DAMMIT! WHENEVER I'M NOT ON SCREEN THE OTHER CHARACTERS SHOULD BE GOING "WHERE'S SEAN?"

But otherwise, yeah. I can also tolerate it if my actions still have meaning like you said.

And that when I win a fucking POKEMON battle it actually counts for something!

Isekai normal is sadly the actual Japanese normal for a lot of them. Which is a shame because I too hate the smelly former NEET isekai protagonists that are A-OK with slavery. Bonus points if they're a reasonably fit and handsome man but still somehow a complete fucking failure.

I think it's because magic is always a factor. Nobody wants to go back and live in the fucking Dark Ages but the Dark Ages where there's dragons, spells and fucking game mechanics telling you how strong you are is a lot more appealing.

For me, I'd probably be fine with being isekai'd. Even just the whole transporting part would be wonderous because if that's possible, who knows what else in the universe is?

Pokemon is my preferred setting. Because then I can have the goal of getting stronger to find Hoopa and letting my family know I'm okay and living the dream.

But I wouldn't come back for good. 

nepeta100:

Spoiler
On 2/4/2023 at 7:01 AM, nepeta100 said:

i was really worried for your fire type because lucario can learn earthquake/bulldoze thankfully your salazzle lives another day

Yes.

She lives another day so I may regret making her the way she is for another day!

YingYang9705:

Spoiler
On 2/4/2023 at 2:30 PM, YinYang9705 said:

ah the foreshadowing font

dont know where jan got it from, probably danganronpa, but it sure beats you over the head that some big ass cutscene is coming in hot

Everything made on this damn site involves that damn game franchise.

the worst thing about the 10 year old being able to catch god thing is that until BDSP you couldnt actually catch arceus since it was only given away via events and even in PLA you just battle it to prove your worth and not actually catch it

also lucas and dawn are 11 not 10

Sounds like someone didn't have a GameShark then. My friend had like six of those. The big loser.

That is the most nitpicking correction I've ever heard.

What is the difference between a 10 and 11 year old in mentality or maturity? Nuthin'

I miss the days when comics where the most prominent form of nuzlockes

shame a consistent schedule is a difficult thing to  justify for a project you arent getting paid for, and all the big nuzlocke comics are either finished or abandoned

The Golden Age of Nuzlockes is dead and gone, YingYang. We shall never see it's like again in our lifetime.

We've got to make do with the terrible Iron Age we're living in now. Where only video Nuzlockes flourish.

I feel that. Consistency is hard when you've been doing something for so long for free. Hopefully the same won't happen with me and any of my Nuzlockes. But if I die before I finish them it's not my fault.

the bad future versions of your party are both stupid and incredibly shitty friends

and the big choice at the end of a major story beat is a danganronpa reference
thanks jan
oh well better then homestuck god could you imagine if jan took anything from that

And the original timeline ones are only a bit better. They've never betrayed me after all.

Sorry, they've never betrayed me YET.

I'm very glad to have never played those games to recognise the references. It'd just annoy me further.

I can't.

Because I have VERY limited knowledge on what Homestuck even is. Some weird webcomic with a convoluted plot and purple-skinned people? And that it was the Tumblr obsession before Undertale?

Dex:

Spoiler
On 2/21/2023 at 5:30 AM, Dex said:
Spoiler

On 2/3/2023 at 2:39 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Getting slow old man! Time (and this region. . .) have worn you down.

I've still got enough life left in me to beat you with my "just a fashion statement I swear" cane!

Very true.

So I guess most of Aevium is safe for the time being (besides the people that Freezer that has already whacked.)

Speaking of Freezer, here's Chiller's theme song.

So if you defeat her, you win Saki's hand in marriage and get her money then! For the good of the region of course!

Oh of course!

It's all for the good of the region!

How about a Bush Dragon, the best of both worlds? Or at the very least a Mega Sceptile?

I don't see how a bush is the best of ANY world!

They're like...the lamest of plants! Every time you see one you go "Oh, a bush" you never care to wonder what type of bush it is.

So lame.

It's weird.

Be willing to bet it comes up in the final arc. Vitus/Madame X/whoever pulls a fast one and we got to use a time diamond to fix yet another mess.

Oh joy.

MORE time-travel is JUST what this game needed.

*Sigh*

Guessing the hatesink would be Indriad plus the two jokers in visors. Hell they kinda are already since Indriad is basically Aevium Satan and the other two are trying to essentially destroy the world.

Pretty much. They're the Solaris and Sirius of this game after all.

After all this I will be shocked if there isn't a point later where Melia has the choose between saving Venam and handing over some plot device. It'd make this whole arc pointless other wise. 

Learn nothing out of spite sounds about right.

Hope it backfired on Timpea and Spacea and all Melia learned from this lesson that "Doing Nothing At All" is the right choice to make in every situation because something will come along and fix it for you.

Heartbroken?

Whatever lets you sleep at night, dude.

Seethe at night, you mean.

HOW DARE HE ESCAPE CERTAIN DEATH!?

You've basically spoiled her, but she seems to have turned out alright. So i guess it's fine.

Well she is fighting death battles on my behalf (even if I die more) so she deserves it at least.

Hell more than a few people have been calling for Ash to be replaced since at least Johto.

Won't lie, the last episode will probably be a gut punch for me. I still can't believe it honestly.

I would have kept him up until the end of Johto at least. Maybe switch things over to that guy who was only in Pokemon Chronicles?

Shoot I meant Imposter, some Pokemon Master I am.

No Sean don't let her curves distract you from the Evil!

I'd call you a Regional Gym Leader myself.

BUT THE EVIL ACCENTUATES THE CURVES! WHAT DO I DOOO!?!?

He'll counter by naming their first born child after you, in retaliation. 

That seems like he'd be shooting himself in the foot by doing that but okay.

I shall buy all my kids Growlithes while secretly poisoning his so they are allergic to them!

Because I think he had one as a childhood pet? I dunno.

If it makes you feel any better, the run ended soon after because of a double battle where my partner got wiped out pretty early. Leaving me 2 on 1 with a bunch of mons weak to bug types.

I'll have to try again sometime. I see it got a new update recently enough.

Maybe that gave us better options?

Hey maybe they had an Oranguru teaching the classes for the Pokemon?

From love interest to furniture, truly a cruel fate to inflict.

Instruct, eh? Nice reference. Hard to imagine a Oranguru being a graceful dancer though.

Cruel...but deeply amusing.

Make it so Melia has no custodians so she has to clean the gym by herself, that would be funny. And make it so that Venam can no longer legally use that "Dogars" so from BW2, or face permanent jail time. Just for the hell of it. 

That works for me.

I might also hire Roxie just to spit in Veronica's face and call her trash.

Wow. We discuss torturing Venam a lot in these comments, huh?

It's the same thing after a certain point really.

Well it less "I need more power", more "I want to get in your pants" in Venam's case. 

Agree to disagree.

"Once you get in the pants, then you get the power." Veronica Vasile, probably

But what I don't want to see is what happens if I use Nasty Plot twice

Zauis turns evil, takes over Team Xen and makes it much more efficient. You gotta put him down like Old Yeller afterwards.

Would be a hell of a twist to just usurp most of the plot like that.

Sadly, too much work for me to bother with it.

It's honestly amazing how little Pokemon did with the Wii. Could have easily put a Snap game on there or something.

I know, right? All we got were fucking party-games or battle simulators.

Very disappointing.

Chapter Comments:

Hide contents

BiBGQj9m.jpg

Wonder if I could fit this painting into my bag as well?

Could start my own art gallery in there and charge people to see it...

Expand  

Knowing your luck it would probably just fade away once you went back to your own time. But who knows. . . 

I imagine it's from before we changed the timelines?

Can't imagine there being much opportunity to paint in the apocalypse.

FUTURE SEAN: Going back and reading over this I can tell you I 100% did forget.

And I'm not even the Future Sean from the year 2023.

I'm rewriting some of this chapter like a week after I wrote the "Super Dead" system and I still forgot about it.

Future Sean, Past Sean, and Present Sean in a three way battle for control of the run and the fate of Aevium. Truly the battle of the ages.

We will confront one of those Seans next chapter in a deadly duel.

But I suppose since I'm Present Sean and he's Past Sean, I'm Future Sean in his eyes.

I fucking hate time travel.

What do you think YOUR Ability would be, audience?

Please mail your answer to PO BOX 1468 Dublin 4, Ireland!

I3wo5nTm.jpg

Or if you want to actually let ME and not some random fucker from Dublin know about it, comment down below!

Expand  

Someone in Ireland is about to be so confused. 

No but seriously, probably Slow Start because it takes forever for me to get anything done. Like these comments and replies!

It's fine. They're from Dublin. They don't deserve rights.

Huho! An honest and ACCURATE choice.

Well done.

s6dDQp8m.jpg

If Minecraft is still hip? Or is it Fortnite that the kids dig nowadays?

Or does does it go by age?

5 year olds play Roblox, 10 year olds play Minecraft and then 15 year olds play Fortnite?

Expand  

Honestly that sounds about right, though replace Minecraft with more Roblox for the 10 year olds. At least that what it seems like where I work.

This is all I know about Roblox:

Cursed video be warned

It is hilarious but also fills me with deep disgust.

IT'S EVIL FUCKING MELIA!

qAdhL9xm.jpg

Ugh. Now I feel even WORSE about Zira...

She died literally right before an acceptable MEALia appeared.

Feels bad, man.

Expand  

Zira looks from Pokeheaven and seethes.

The most tragic death in all of history.

"The Lion that never got to eat a Girl"

I bet you were shitting yourself when you saw us look at it.

Imagine if we just used it like anyone who wanted and advantage would.

EUvd1cZm.jpg

I'd like to see this rugrat be so uppity if we all rode in here on the backs of several majestic Ho-oh!

Expand  

I uh, I got nothing for this part. I honestly think Jan didn't think this part through. 

I wonder if it got removed in later versions?

God I hope so.

He'd be almost redeemable if he saw his mistake in making that thing.

idf3RV0m.jpg

Well I don't actually know what he looks like so I thought I should cover most of the slur bases in a sort of Ultimate Bigotry Blast!

Expand  

Good job sean. Your flaming cross and white robes are in the mail and will arrive within a week! Sure it'll make up for the inevitable cancellation.

Self-defense, I say! SELF-DEFENSE!

He shot the first shot, officer!

I just made sure mine hit!

FhIGcXJm.jpg

ZN7btspm.jpg
Expand  

Amazing that she fell for that, be nice if she broke her neck on teh way down, but you aren't that lucky.

I don't know if any protagonist is THAT lucky.

How many stories have you read or seen where the main villain slip in the shower and die?

9QuFQy9m.jpg

dyg9adWm.jpg
Expand  

And the dumbest point of this whole arc, like the only reason I can remotely justify this is that they're all extremely desperate. But still, they barely question it before turning on you. I feel like Amber is still wailing on Melia the whole time you're battling. 

Well...they got what they fucking deserved in the end.

And yes, she was.

0BtIdTXm.jpg

Expand  

How much of yourself died writing that, just for posterity?

At this point, I'm resigned to it.

It's in character for her after all.

Haha...haaaaaaaaaaaah...

cNpZ0IWm.jpg

Expand  

10/10 Best edit of the whole run, no contest. 

I'm honestly surprised you didn't just edit yourself rushing Melanie and punting her across the room. 

As the new Old-Man-Lying-On-Road, I give you my blessing and thanks.

Would have been too quick a resolution.

And it would have skipped over so much dialogue that I KNOW we all love reading.

jb7CEo1m.jpg

Expand  

The whole Phoenix Wright edit was pretty fun too. Judge Caesar and PNG Sean were pretty good. 

Thankfully SOMEONE appreciates the hard work put into it!

The rest are philistines!

DkQsF4Qm.jpg

Expand  

Oh crap I'd forgotten completely about this. Prophet being either useless or helpful, no in between. Just the way he'd want.

It did end up being very true to character, didn't it?

It wasn't intended to be like that but I'm glad it did.

Originally he was going to give me a big speech about saving Melia but that wasn't really funny so I got rid of it.

F10e6sN.gif

SO, SO LONG!

L2qhcBm.gif

uV4ARJJm.jpg

Gay Melia.

Expand  

15/10 I laughed out loud when I saw you grab her ankles, knew exactly what was coming there. Welp time to watch you die horribly again and watch someone resolve the plot. Just another day in Aevium. 

It seems the old man edit got beaten out then! Glad it was so liked!

Yep.

Just another day on this...island paradise.

• Upvote 1

Huh, I don't remember that whole "inside Melia's dying mind" segment at all. Did that get added with the last release or did I just supress that memory for some reason...?

What version are you on again?

"best quest in Mystery Dungeon"

Damn right; that ending scene with In The Morning Sun playing always gets me.

You heard about the copyright leak that points towards a PMD announcement in the Pokemon Presents tomorrow? Looking forward that.

Also damn you for reminding me about how great Explorers is in the middle of whatever the fuck is going on with Rejuv.

uQ2JYH3m.jpg

*angry noises*

FcBzfMDm.jpg

*angry intensifies*

Lampshading it does not make it okay damn it!

xzxkapBm.jpg

she says, standing in front of the definitely not Dialga-related Time Tiamond.

This is just the PMD references chapter, huh?

We're almost through with the "Fixing Aelita" Arc*. Remember how this whole thing was supposed to be about Aelita?

Aelita not included

Homework:

Spoiler

homework.thumb.png.a3e96231ff3b6b58c5d3f829710e2e52.png

Luxray & Espeon: I've lived with cats basically my entire live, including now. The only time I didn't was when I was too young to remember and a short while after the last of the cats I grew up with died. :(

Roserade: I've spent a lot of time with my grandma as a kid and now live with her; she has a lot of plants and I used to help her with gardening.

Meowscarada: A combination of the above, cat + plants

Smeargle: If I could be anything I like I'd want to be an artist. Unfortunately, Art Is Hard.

Aegislash: I do medieval swordfighting as a hobby. Been at that for quite a few years, but pretty casually.

I've actually pretty much never done any homework back in school. You must be some sort of genius teacher, Mr Derogatory.

• Thanks 1

I shall remain silent on this matter as not to ruin this touching moment.

Man you really have gone soft.

1Z4lzRr.gif

That's pretty cool, but that's from SS2 not SS1 there for 0/10 I hope you learn from this.

Can any of the rest of you see what looks to be Melia somehow floating towards Melanie?

Backed up by...

Veronica?!

The fuck is going on here?!

Yeah not even I remember this happening. What the hell?

rnsUgB0m.jpg

Oh she doesn't have her super special super saiyan transformation in this version of the game huh?

What the fuck do I even say about all that?

What the fuck do I even DO about that?

Spoiler

One up her with your super cool super saiyan form you get in v13?

How're you feeling?

You seem...well...completely fine.

Not even any bruises from when Amber was whaling on you...and your hair somehow got longer?

How does that work?

Oh no its getting even worse then I thought, I thought you would at least be able to hold out for chapter 200 or so

Because I don't think Melia even intended to bring life back to the world.

Which could let Jan use the zombie genre now...

Well you ain't getting it now since I doubt you will ever return here again.

I'd worry more about the next one coming, judging by the looks Tesla and Keta are giving each other up there.

Won't have to worry about that one lol after what you did at the end.

KNRiL35m.jpg

I also don't remember this ever happening, you actually had to fight her last time I checked.

Basically in the first timeline of this planet(?) You all sucked at being protagonists without me around to pick up the (enormous amount of) slack.

So somehow after the first timeline with all of you but not me in, it went to shit, I came into the next one and have just made life better for everyone.

Uh spoilers for Reborn but

Spoiler

Did you somehow just predict Reborn's entire plot holy shit. Your prediction is almost spot on for Rejuv as well

Not as beautiful as you, babe.

I see the Melia disease has fully taken over you huh

glPFjbjm.jpg
Maybe cured after he is in Melia general vicinity? Maybe you can say that for everyone?

I'm probably just going to spam Dragon/Swords Dance and Outrage to win.

Lets just hope Rose doesn't Outrage into a fairy and die to a fairy move

Also for anyone who wants to do the game I recommend using this website to help you out:
https://www.theworldofpokemon.com/

They even have a starter quiz, might do it myself If I can think of enough notable moments that would snag me a Pokemon

image.png.6fae5b21cf7d08b098540a6e1827486b.png
Least broken rejuvenation boss

I remain amused at the vast amount of differences between V13 and whatever version Sean's currently playing. Because that shit with Golden Girl Melia never happened (I think so anyway. Been awhile since that part of the game). The alternate timeline is still fucked up and never getting better as far as I know.

Still this went smoothly enough, losses notwithstanding. And now you get to go back to the time where you need to stop the ritual from being stopped and force the region into what it is now.

Good times.

Well I’m glad that this time travel arc is over, dang Amber was miserable to be around in this timeline. 

Oh you remember Bennet from Reborn, the guy that brainwashed you and join Team Meteor because a girl didn’t like him? Well you’ll be happy to know, that he becomes a member of the elite four in that game, doing double battles with Laura, and everyone is fine with it. But I’m sure that you’ll be sure to change that when you become the Champion, and then you’ll realize Solaris was right in destroying the region. 

I’ve been playing Desolation and it’s been pretty good. Routes are easier to walk down, battles are easier, especially that electric gym battle, glad that sticky web from the galvantula is gone, also removed the focus slash from it, so know your team doesn’t suffer from a speed debuff during the whole fight! 

I would be a terrible Isekai protagonist, man the whole story would just be about some collage student staying out of the main plot, trying to find a way back home. Especially if the world is anything like Re: Zero, unless I get some OP powers I will die to easily to all the magical stuff. Best to stay out and let that world deal with its own dark lord.

Alright here’s my Pokémon team for my area. 

Tauros - Grandparents own cattle, and I help out a lot with them. Even helped turn a few bulls into steers yesterday, sad for them. 

Unfezant - Got a whole lot of birds around here, picked this one after the mascot of my dad’s high-school team. He coached them, pretty sure he was good at it.

Basculin - Ever been redneck fishing? I haven’t, I’ve watched others do it and it takes some nuts to stick your hand in a fish hole and try to pull them out. Namely catfish. 

Bouffalant - Got Bison around here, they are kept in the parks, been awhile since I’ve seen one though, at least they aren’t in danger anymore. Also I watched guy on a buffalo, fun YouTube video. 

Squirtle - caught a lot of turtles with my sister when we were younger, would paint their shells bright colors, also thought they ate grass, pretty sure now they don’t. We let them go, although considering we never saw them again they either washed off the paint or got ate. 

Sandshrew - basically an Armadillo, and let me tell you, those are not smart creatures. They either have poor eyesight or they just do not care because they will let you get real close to you before running away. They have their heads down the whole time looking for food, so that’s probably why. 

• Thanks 1

that is not how I expected melia to save the day

goddamn it

honestly dont come back is the best thing anyone can tell you about a horrible hell future like that one it shows real concern for your safety

I hope the time crystal has you crush your alternate selves like in futurama

a good futurama reference is a great palette cleanser for all this fanfiction nonsense

oh combining thats lame

that sure was a climax without any pokemon battles!

I sure hope this doesnt end up becoming a trend

Replying to previous chapter:

Can I just say, as a (casual)Ace Attorney fan,  I love the Ace Attorney parody? Then again, I always love when two characters try to counter each other arguments, or more specifically in this case, exposing the other character's sad sack of lies.

Derogatory: It's been five years since the last Ace Attorney game and nineteen since the last GOOD one...

Oof. Ace Attorney fans are gonna pursuit you for that. Not that I have any objections towards your statement though. The latter games have...tons of stuff I don't like.(I do like the games that take place in England though...for some reason...) But sometimes I need someone else to point out the flaws for me to realise it.

What I'm trying to say is, in your own words, why is the last good Ace Attorney game from 2004? What makes the latter games not....well, good?

Okay, putting that aside. Time to reply to this chapter.

....Yeah I don't know what else to say about Melia Sue here. Other than agreeing with what you say. And she's only going to get even stronger...somehow.

Derogatory: If Thomas the Tank Engine can make a Magic Railroad from the USA to Sodor I can fucking make one from here to Hawaii!

I'm recall Thomas the Star-Hogging bastard needing some Magic Gold Dust. And the Magic Engine. Who's part Gold....

And Melia has golden hair....

I too prefer that Melia unlock her Super Magical NOT KAWAII Saiyan Ultimate Saiyan form because she almost friggin died. Mainly because power of friendship(or....love) is boring! God, I wish there are more shows where the hero gain power ups because of a near death experience. That would be much more interesting.

On the inverse side, I'd like to see more stories where people turn evil because of the power of the love. Mainly because I'm legitimitely sick of the whole "love can conquer hate". Blargh! I wanna see loves corrupting people.  That'll be much more interesting.

I'm not saying that as an edgelord, mind you. Just, if modern writers are going to....urgh..."subvert expectations" or "deconstruction", do something actually interesting with it, damn it!

Then again, I'm hoping for most modern writers to actually be good. Maybe I'm being waaay too optimistic.

So...Madame X has been time travelling/time altering/time mol**ting several times already? Yikes.

Derogatory: TWO PENI-

And four ba-oh wow. Jojo reference.

Homework from Derogatory Trainer? I'll be happy to take it! As of my Pokemon team:

Espeon, Meowstic, & Meowscarada: CATS, CATS, CATS. I have so many dang cats. Everywhere I go, I keep finding cats. Each time my previous cats...passed away, I seem to keep having replacements. Especially this latest batch. One of them literally appeared out of nowhere, demand me for food, and start hanging in my room. For years. And for some reason, if they're hungry, they tend to go for me first. They would wait in front of my closed room until I open it and go "what the heck? How long have you been here?"

Wash-Rotom: Relatively recently, my parents brought a new washing machine. It works fine, but for some reason, when it finish washing the laundry, it seems to play some music for some reason. I know it's obviously meant to signal it finished it's job, but if this is Pokemon world, I'd like to imagine it's a Rotom-Wash who really, really likes singing.

Swampert: Also known as "ikan belacak" in my country, me and my family always found it fascinating whenever I found a mudksipper on my family trips. And Mudkip is already one of my favourite, and early childhood starters, so this one is definitely on my roster.

Mienshao: I. LOVE. MARTIAL ARTS. I loved watching movies where the hero uses martial moves to beat the tar out of bad guys. 

So yes, I love Jackie Chan. Although I don't learn the same martial arts as he did, but Silat(my countries's native

martial arts) is pretty good as well. 

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

On 2/26/2023 at 12:26 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

I've still got enough life left in me to beat you with my "just a fashion statement I swear" cane!

Yes, yes time for bed Grandpa Sean. You can talk about your stories another night.

Gah, I have no idea how I got that mixed up. I straight up forget Freiza had his own theme. I guess Chiller will be turning black at some point in this run?

Oh of course!

Naturally. A happy Sean is a happy Aevium after all.

Oh joy.

*Sigh*

Who knows maybe they'll prove me wrong there. But who knows at this point.

Pretty much. They're the Solaris and Sirius of this game after all.

Oh absolutely. The fact that they're so damn smug about it just makes it worse. 

Hope it backfired on Timpea and Spacea and all Melia learned from this lesson that "Doing Nothing At All" is the right choice to make in every situation because something will come along and fix it for you.

That something 9 times out of 10 being you. So essentially nothing has changed there!

Look man all those bug ladies aren't gonna woo themselves. 

Also yeah, early game bug mons don't stand a chance at this point the game considering the crap being thrown your way.

Well she is fighting death battles on my behalf (even if I die more) so she deserves it at least.

Look if you guys fail, Aevium (and probably the rest of the world) is screwed anyways. So at least she's has a fighting chance with you.

I would have kept him up until the end of Johto at least. Maybe switch things over to that guy who was only in Pokemon Chronicles?

Yeah, Generation 3 would have been the time to replace Ash. But that time is LONG past (god Ruby and Sapphire are gonna be 20 years old in a couple of weeks).

Oh that's damning with faint praise. . 

Only thing I can say is be like Batman and have a on and off again relationship with her like Catwoman that eventually turns her to good?

I think the starter options are about the same as far as I can tell. I think that Aipom doesn't have Skill Link anymore so that's a good thing.

There is a pretty cool addition of note.

For important battles, the dialogue changes depending on how you win. Like if you use a single mon to sweep them, the trainer will complement that mon. 

Instruct, eh? Nice reference. Hard to imagine a Oranguru being a graceful dancer though.

They use their Psychic powers to control their movements like puppets would be my guess.

It is, but we know she'll be fine in the end.

That works for me.

Venam is such an easy target. It kinda borders on bullying, I almost feel bad.

Almost.

Says the man who's typed several novels worth of words and taken albums worth of self photos.

Very disappointing.

Guess they were really focused on the Nintendo DS around that time. They really pushed the limit of what you could do graphic wise for Gen V. It was honestly great.

Well you can only do so much with collapsing society. Might as well paint. You can even use blood from someone you really dislike for red. 

But I suppose since I'm Present Sean and he's Past Sean, I'm Future Sean in his eyes.

Oh I'm sure that'll be a sight to see. With both Melias in the background eating popcorn. 

It's fine. They're from Dublin. They don't deserve rights.

Huho! An honest and ACCURATE choice.

Well done.

Ah city rivalries, nothing unites the world more.

I'll take that as a the complement I'm sure it was.

Cursed video be warned

. . . What have I done to you to deserve such horrors?

God I hope so.

I think so. Shoot I didn't even remember this was a thing until this run brought it up. I must have completely blocked it from my mind.

After the first 5 shots, I don't think it counts anymore!

And yes, she was.

For a second I'd almost thought you'd forgotten. Then I saw you press that button. . .

At this point, I'm resigned to it.

It's in character for her after all.

Haha...haaaaaaaaaaaah...

Well if you die from cringe you'll at least come back!

And it would have skipped over so much dialogue that I KNOW we all love reading.

Yay. Now I too can lay in the floor and do nothing!

Skip over dialogue, in this game!?!

You blaspheme, Sean!

Look man those games were niche as hell. Half the people reading this run probably know it from memes at best.

Originally he was going to give me a big speech about saving Melia but that wasn't really funny so I got rid of it.

Be wild if you ended catching another Xatu here. In V13, I think you can actually catch Pokemon in the castle in this timeline.

It's always fun seeing sprites can played around with like that. 

Least it was quick?

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

(I thought it was because this was a last minute change half an hour before the chapter goes up due to IRL Sean thinking the audience wouldn't want to just sit and read blocks of text about how much Melia and Venam want to kiss each other or whatever's going on here?)

You thought right! If I wanted to see the unedited version, I'd just pop in a LP on YouTube. This is much funnier. 

1Z4lzRr.gif

Ah there's the Super Saiyan Melia Edit I was looking for. Was not dissapointed at all.

PJe0NA9m.jpg

*COUGH*

Please don't ask why I did that. I don't even fucking know anything about anything anymore.

Oh dear, it seems you've contracted a terminal case of "Tsundere". Nothing I can do, get you affairs in order.

5hwikn3m.jpg

Should we all get down and genuflect before our new golden goddess, praise be unto her?

81zFjFkm.jpg

That was a test.

If any of you at home did so, please come attack me in my house so I can legally kill you.

Sorry Sean. We must sacrifice you to our near blond haired overlord. Also holy hell, Melia is basically a god at this point. Like no wonder Team Xen wanted her

Le5W2VQm.jpg

JAN GAVE YOU A COPY OF THE SCRIPT BUT NOT THE REST OF US, HUH!?!

THAT'S FAVOURITISM THE LIKES WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

In fact, I bet Madame X IS Jan in disguise! It all makes sense now. The game really is out ot get you!

yQvbXd2m.jpg

Really sad this is just an edit. Your friends have remarkably muted reactions to finding out the MC has died multiple times. 

You were hoping that the Time Ruby would activate immediately after you said that so it'd be especially dramatic, weren't you?

YCbdaOrm.jpg

wfUPRWUm.jpg

Look its in her Big Bad Evil Boss work contract. If she doesn't do it, they dock her pay and remove her dental.

FJx6QUbm.jpg

I'm sure this experience has taught Sean that vengeance is no the answHAHA yeah right.

Good thing this timeline totally gone for good. No chance of this being revisited later, no sir.

I'll play your little game:

Spoiler

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3da5387977135ec61a9bd1e207e4023e.png

Torterra: Used to own a pet turtle years ago, called him Robert. We kept him outside, and one day he was gone after a daytrip to my aunts. We assume something ate him, but I'd like to think he's running free in the river somewhere. I would have chosen Blastoise, but Torterra matches his color more. Plus I just like Torterra more.

Butterfree: Back in Elementary school, every year I'd catch a catapiller, put it into a jar with so leaves and watch in grow into a butterfly and release it. I started being known for it in school. 

Greedent: Squirrels are everywhere where a I live. Have to do everything I can to keep them out of plants. Little bastards killed most of tulips. . .

Appletun: I just really love Apples and apple pie. 

Typhlosion: This is just fond memories of Pokemon Gold, probably the game I played the most in 2001-2003. I always chose Typhlosion as my starter. I like Feraligatr more, but in Gen 2 it didn't have much going for it.

Cofragrigus: I volunteered in a lot of museums for high school and college. High School was especially fun, worked at a Army museum and talked with a lot of veterans. They had really cool stories. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Only been 3 months you baaaby

There's also problems with the Nuzlocke Forums re-introducing an image limit.

Why not just post it here and then post it to the forums?

6 hours ago, Z.. said:

Why not just post it here and then post it to the forums?

I tried.

This site literally couldn't take it.

Not even an image limit error it straight up couldn't process the request.

It'll be fine. I'll work something out.

I'm finishing off the rest of the chapters after the next one anyway so you'll get a faster update schedule when I EVENTUALLY work out all the kinks.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-149-ive-found-a-brand-new-best-friend-and-its-me.1076/page-87#post-915385

We're back.

And unfortunately forced to use this dumb multi-post format.

I have to MANUALLY count out 250 images per post to post.

Such a pain...

Anyway enjoy your Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever.

Gentleman Jaggi:

Spoiler
On 2/26/2023 at 9:56 AM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Huh, I don't remember that whole "inside Melia's dying mind" segment at all. Did that get added with the last release or did I just supress that memory for some reason...?

What version are you on again?

I'm on version 10 so several years behind the current one.

"best quest in Mystery Dungeon"

Damn right; that ending scene with In The Morning Sun playing always gets me.

You heard about the copyright leak that points towards a PMD announcement in the Pokemon Presents tomorrow? Looking forward that.

Also damn you for reminding me about how great Explorers is in the middle of whatever the fuck is going on with Rejuv.

My life...did it shine...?

Well we're several months later and nothing's come out so...whoops?
I hope they just make a new one instead of another fucking remake. Too many lazy remakes in Game Freak already.

uQ2JYH3m.jpg

*angry noises*

FcBzfMDm.jpg

*angry intensifies*

Lampshading it does not make it okay damn it!

xzxkapBm.jpg

she says, standing in front of the definitely not Dialga-related Time Tiamond.

This is just the PMD references chapter, huh?

Haha oh yeah!

I actually didn't notice that one.

Geez, Madame X is really just a big fucking weaboo nerd in a powersuit, huh?

We're almost through with the "Fixing Aelita" Arc*. Remember how this whole thing was supposed to be about Aelita?

Aelita not included

I 'member.

And I'll never forgive it for not being the case.

Could have had 9 chapters about Aelita and how great she is but nope.

MELIA.

Homework:

Spoiler

homework.thumb.png.a3e96231ff3b6b58c5d3f829710e2e52.png

Luxray & Espeon: I've lived with cats basically my entire live, including now. The only time I didn't was when I was too young to remember and a short while after the last of the cats I grew up with died. :(

Roserade: I've spent a lot of time with my grandma as a kid and now live with her; she has a lot of plants and I used to help her with gardening.

Meowscarada: A combination of the above, cat + plants

Smeargle: If I could be anything I like I'd want to be an artist. Unfortunately, Art Is Hard.

Aegislash: I do medieval swordfighting as a hobby. Been at that for quite a few years, but pretty casually.

All of these feel vaguely feline one way or another. I mean just look at Aegislash's cat ears on his crossguard!
Feel like the Roserade would be your grandmother's Pokemon though. And you'd have a Roselia.
Like obviously you could just have evolved it but it'd fit the theme better.

I've actually pretty much never done any homework back in school. You must be some sort of genius teacher, Mr Derogatory.

I will now start my no-doubt lucrative career of teaching inner-city kids (blacks) to like math instead of gang violence.

Z:

Spoiler
On 2/27/2023 at 12:27 AM, Z.. said:

I shall remain silent on this matter as not to ruin this touching moment.

Man you really have gone soft.

Well it's better than admitting I couldn't come up with anything to say and phoned it in.

1Z4lzRr.gif

That's pretty cool, but that's from SS2 not SS1 there for 0/10 I hope you learn from this.

ACKSHUALLY, her transformation here has more similarities to Gohan's SS2 transformation than Goku or Vegeta's transformation.
At the very least, the song for this scene is more appropriate.
It literally has the word's "O Messiah~" in it.

Can any of the rest of you see what looks to be Melia somehow floating towards Melanie?

Backed up by...

Veronica?!

The fuck is going on here?!

Yeah not even I remember this happening. What the hell?

rnsUgB0m.jpg

Oh she doesn't have her super special super saiyan transformation in this version of the game huh?

She does...in a later scene in the same version.

It's kinda weird how that happened, yeah.

What the fuck do I even say about all that?

What the fuck do I even DO about that?

Hide contents

One up her with your super cool super saiyan form you get in v13?

I've seen the artwork for those.

Feels more like a Power Ranger transformation than a Super Saiyan one.

How're you feeling?

You seem...well...completely fine.

Not even any bruises from when Amber was whaling on you...and your hair somehow got longer?

How does that work?

Expand  

Oh no its getting even worse then I thought, I thought you would at least be able to hold out for chapter 200 or so

At this point, hating Melia just feels like wasted energy.
I'm very tired, Z.
I'm always so very tired.

Because I don't think Melia even intended to bring life back to the world.

Which could let Jan use the zombie genre now...

Well you ain't getting it now since I doubt you will ever return here again.

I dunno.
I've seen some pretty weird eyeball men in the graphics folder of this game.
Those might be zombie-esque?

I'd worry more about the next one coming, judging by the looks Tesla and Keta are giving each other up there.

Won't have to worry about that one lol after what you did at the end.

Alas.
I still don't feel any guilt over my actions.

KNRiL35m.jpg

I also don't remember this ever happening, you actually had to fight her last time I checked.

Well that would have been a little more interesting.

Even if I'd put good money on winning the battle not mattering.

Basically in the first timeline of this planet(?) You all sucked at being protagonists without me around to pick up the (enormous amount of) slack.

So somehow after the first timeline with all of you but not me in, it went to shit, I came into the next one and have just made life better for everyone.

Uh spoilers for Reborn but

Hide contents

Did you somehow just predict Reborn's entire plot holy shit. Your prediction is almost spot on for Rejuv as well

Oh yeah, I remember something about that during the Crystal Ball quest?
Fern was the protag and everything went to shit.

As expected.

Not as beautiful as you, babe.

I see the Melia disease has fully taken over you huh

You've gotta learn how to sense when I'm being sarcastic.

If it makes you exhale through your nose even a little, it was likely a joke.

glPFjbjm.jpg
Maybe cured after he is in Melia general vicinity? Maybe you can say that for everyone?

I'll just go with his inhuman backstory making him immune or something.

I'm probably just going to spam Dragon/Swords Dance and Outrage to win.

Lets just hope Rose doesn't Outrage into a fairy and die to a fairy move.

Once I finally create that new Crest where Dragon moves deal super effective damage to fairies, I won't worry about it.

Or maybe I could make Outrage one turn only?

Hmmm...

Also for anyone who wants to do the game I recommend using this website to help you out:
https://www.theworldofpokemon.com/

They even have a starter quiz, might do it myself If I can think of enough notable moments that would snag me a Pokemon

The fuck even is this website?
It's got a region generator and everything!

But it gets zero points for making a fucking Chingling as my starter.
I don't even know how to evolve those.

VMeemes:

Spoiler
On 2/27/2023 at 7:18 PM, VMeemes said:

I remain amused at the vast amount of differences between V13 and whatever version Sean's currently playing. Because that shit with Golden Girl Melia never happened (I think so anyway. Been awhile since that part of the game). The alternate timeline is still fucked up and never getting better as far as I know.

Oh word?
I think I prefer that to whatever the fuck went on here.

(Although I think there was some nonsense about Melanie somehow polluting the ENTIRE ocean?)
Surely she still has her awakening moment, right? How else do the powers get explained?

On 2/27/2023 at 7:18 PM, VMeemes said:

Still this went smoothly enough, losses notwithstanding. And now you get to go back to the time where you need to stop the ritual from being stopped and force the region into what it is now.

Good times.

Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.
But it doesn't really matter. Only one of the timelines has hot showers and that's the one I'm picking.

Bluedude:

Spoiler
On 3/1/2023 at 10:35 PM, Bluedude said:

Well I’m glad that this time travel arc is over, dang Amber was miserable to be around in this timeline. 

And a complete liar too. "Throwing women into the sea" Where the fuck did that come from?

At least we get to go back to the Amber that definitely has a crush on me.

Oh you remember Bennet from Reborn, the guy that brainwashed you and join Team Meteor because a girl didn’t like him? Well you’ll be happy to know, that he becomes a member of the elite four in that game, doing double battles with Laura, and everyone is fine with it. But I’m sure that you’ll be sure to change that when you become the Champion, and then you’ll realize Solaris was right in destroying the region. 

I...am going to have to kill SO many people when I beat that game.

At this point, I'm wondering if it'd even be worth staying in Reborn after becoming Champion.
Maybe I should just become a drifter.

I’ve been playing Desolation and it’s been pretty good. Routes are easier to walk down, battles are easier, especially that electric gym battle, glad that sticky web from the galvantula is gone, also removed the focus slash from it, so know your team doesn’t suffer from a speed debuff during the whole fight! 

I'll try it eventuallllllllyyyyyyyyyyy...

I would be a terrible Isekai protagonist, man the whole story would just be about some collage student staying out of the main plot, trying to find a way back home. Especially if the world is anything like Re: Zero, unless I get some OP powers I will die to easily to all the magical stuff. Best to stay out and let that world deal with its own dark lord.

There's a market for that shit now though.

"I, Bluedude got sent on and adventure to another world but I'd rather be at home in bed!"

I'd love being isekai'd myself. Even if it isn't to the Pokemon world like I would prefer.

It's something to do after all.

Alright here’s my Pokémon team for my area. 

Tauros - Grandparents own cattle, and I help out a lot with them. Even helped turn a few bulls into steers yesterday, sad for them. 

God that just raises implications I don't want to think about in the Pokemon version of our world...

Unfezant - Got a whole lot of birds around here, picked this one after the mascot of my dad’s high-school team. He coached them, pretty sure he was good at it.

Unique selection! Both in choice and reasoning.

Basculin - Ever been redneck fishing? I haven’t, I’ve watched others do it and it takes some nuts to stick your hand in a fish hole and try to pull them out. Namely catfish. 

Isn't Wishcash the catfish Pokemon? An Basculin a PIRANHA!?
I think you might want to reconsider this choice based on your encounter decision...

Bouffalant - Got Bison around here, they are kept in the parks, been awhile since I’ve seen one though, at least they aren’t in danger anymore. Also I watched guy on a buffalo, fun YouTube video. 

You're really letting us and yourself down by not picking a horse Pokemon to go with this cowpoke theme, man.

Buffalos are cool though so it's still a good choice.

Squirtle - caught a lot of turtles with my sister when we were younger, would paint their shells bright colors, also thought they ate grass, pretty sure now they don’t. We let them go, although considering we never saw them again they either washed off the paint or got ate. 

I think they do depending on the species? It's probably fiiiine...

Squirtle's good though.

Still wish it was a Remoraid handgun for the THEME though.

Sandshrew - basically an Armadillo, and let me tell you, those are not smart creatures. They either have poor eyesight or they just do not care because they will let you get real close to you before running away. They have their heads down the whole time looking for food, so that’s probably why. 

I also like how you didn't immediately go for the evolved forms.
Very unique team you've got here and you weren't concerned at all about making them competitive which is nice.

I probably can't make the teams fight now though.

YingYang9705:

Spoiler
On 3/2/2023 at 4:52 AM, YinYang9705 said:

that is not how I expected melia to save the day

goddamn it

Trying to play blind bingo with this game would be a nightmare.

Predicting some of the nonsense that goes on would be virtually impossible unless you were as obviously insane as Jan.

honestly dont come back is the best thing anyone can tell you about a horrible hell future like that one it shows real concern for your safety

Yeah, it's a good line.
It probably also meant as "Oh god if they show up again something awful is going to happen".

I hope the time crystal has you crush your alternate selves like in futurama

a good futurama reference is a great palette cleanser for all this fanfiction nonsense

Well there's a reference to something from the early 2000s at least but it's not a Futurama one.

oh combining thats lame

that sure was a climax without any pokemon battles!

I sure hope this doesnt end up becoming a trend

It won't.

The trend is and will always be "Sean risks life and limb in a Pokemon battle only for the results of said battle to not matter as someone magic will burst in a defeat the bad guy with their fucking superpowers".

Hakimblue99:

Spoiler
On 3/3/2023 at 8:24 AM, Hakimblue99 said:

Replying to previous chapter:

Can I just say, as a (casual)Ace Attorney fan,  I love the Ace Attorney parody? Then again, I always love when two characters try to counter each other arguments, or more specifically in this case, exposing the other character's sad sack of lies.

Well I'm glad you like it!
Even if the series is a bit...uh...nonsensical at times.
Like why does the LAWYER have to prove the killer's identity? Or why does the killer always fucking decide to testify instead of keeping quiet?

Derogatory: It's been five years since the last Ace Attorney game and nineteen since the last GOOD one...

Oof. Ace Attorney fans are gonna pursuit you for that. Not that I have any objections towards your statement though. The latter games have...tons of stuff I don't like.(I do like the games that take place in England though...for some reason...) But sometimes I need someone else to point out the flaws for me to realise it.

What I'm trying to say is, in your own words, why is the last good Ace Attorney game from 2004? What makes the latter games not....well, good?

Because I haven't played any of them!
Making them automatically BAD.
I didn't really care for Apollo Justice or the Dual Destinies game.

I did like the Professor Layton crossover though.

Okay, putting that aside. Time to reply to this chapter.

....Yeah I don't know what else to say about Melia Sue here. Other than agreeing with what you say. And she's only going to get even stronger...somehow.

It's very inconsistent though.

Derogatory: If Thomas the Tank Engine can make a Magic Railroad from the USA to Sodor I can fucking make one from here to Hawaii!

I'm recall Thomas the Star-Hogging bastard needing some Magic Gold Dust. And the Magic Engine. Who's part Gold....

And Melia has golden hair....

See what I mean?
It all comes back to The Magic Railroad in the end.

I too prefer that Melia unlock her Super Magical NOT KAWAII Saiyan Ultimate Saiyan form because she almost friggin died. Mainly because power of friendship(or....love) is boring! God, I wish there are more shows where the hero gain power ups because of a near death experience. That would be much more interesting.

The funny thing my "god hormones" theory is very likely the correct one since near-death experiences are seemingly the best trigger for them.
Further parts of this game only prove me right.

On the inverse side, I'd like to see more stories where people turn evil because of the power of the love. Mainly because I'm legitimitely sick of the whole "love can conquer hate". Blargh! I wanna see loves corrupting people.  That'll be much more interesting.

That's...fairly common though, isn't it?
Although usually it's "AAHHH MY WIFE DIED, NOW I'M EVIL!" than actual corruption from loving someone evil but the latter still happens.

I'm not saying that as an edgelord, mind you. Just, if modern writers are going to....urgh..."subvert expectations" or "deconstruction", do something actually interesting with it, damn it!

PUT DOWN THE KATANA! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Then again, I'm hoping for most modern writers to actually be good. Maybe I'm being waaay too optimistic.

Very much so.
I think they're all on strike now though so maybe the lack of them will be a good thing?

So...Madame X has been time travelling/time altering/time mol**ting several times already? Yikes.

Her whole life is one big "Yikes".

Homework from Derogatory Trainer? I'll be happy to take it! As of my Pokemon team:

Espeon, Meowstic, & Meowscarada: CATS, CATS, CATS. I have so many dang cats. Everywhere I go, I keep finding cats. Each time my previous cats...passed away, I seem to keep having replacements. Especially this latest batch. One of them literally appeared out of nowhere, demand me for food, and start hanging in my room. For years. And for some reason, if they're hungry, they tend to go for me first. They would wait in front of my closed room until I open it and go "what the heck? How long have you been here?"

Yep.
Expected the cats. (How has there not been a Ghost cat Pokemon yet though?)
Well done for committing and putting three of them in your team.

Wash-Rotom: Relatively recently, my parents brought a new washing machine. It works fine, but for some reason, when it finish washing the laundry, it seems to play some music for some reason. I know it's obviously meant to signal it finished it's job, but if this is Pokemon world, I'd like to imagine it's a Rotom-Wash who really, really likes singing.

Haha!
I like that. It's a cute quirk.

Swampert: Also known as "ikan belacak" in my country, me and my family always found it fascinating whenever I found a mudksipper on my family trips. And Mudkip is already one of my favourite, and early childhood starters, so this one is definitely on my roster.

Oh yeah, i always found those things super gross the way they dig their burrows and their stupid fucking faces.
Luckily Mudkip is more axototl than mudskipper so he's cool.

Mienshao: I. LOVE. MARTIAL ARTS. I loved watching movies where the hero uses martial moves to beat the tar out of bad guys. 

So yes, I love Jackie Chan. Although I don't learn the same martial arts as he did, but Silat(my countries's native

martial arts) is pretty good as well. 

Easy pick.
Who doesn't want a fighting type?
At least you can have your Mienshao learn your native martial art.
All I've got are Dornálaíocht (bare knuckle boxing) and Bataireacht (beat the shit out of each other with big sticks).

Dex:

Spoiler
On 3/7/2023 at 5:09 AM, Dex said:
  Hide contents

On 2/26/2023 at 5:26 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Gah, I have no idea how I got that mixed up. I straight up forget Freiza had his own theme. I guess Chiller will be turning black at some point in this run?

Was there a black Frieza at some point?
All I know is he turns gold in that Super series.

Oh of course!

Naturally. A happy Sean is a happy Aevium after all.

Because I'm not out and about terrorizing them?

Oh joy.

*Sigh*

Who knows maybe they'll prove me wrong there. But who knows at this point.

There's one more next season for sure.

That something 9 times out of 10 being you. So essentially nothing has changed there!

I wonder what happens if I just...refuse to fight?

Well okay, the story grinds to a halt and we can't progress. That's what'll happen.

Look man all those bug ladies aren't gonna woo themselves. 

Also yeah, early game bug mons don't stand a chance at this point the game considering the crap being thrown your way.

That son of a bitch...I CALLED DIBS ON GETTING A HAREM FIRST!

I think Butterfree gets a Mega-Evolution? Don't know how good it is but it's something, right?

Look if you guys fail, Aevium (and probably the rest of the world) is screwed anyways. So at least she's has a fighting chance with you.

True. I'm the only protagonist available that actually has a chance of getting the "Happily Ever After" ending of this damn story.

Yeah, Generation 3 would have been the time to replace Ash. But that time is LONG past (god Ruby and Sapphire are gonna be 20 years old in a couple of weeks).

I miss him already...
Well not really. I don't keep up to date with the anime at all.
New girl looks cute at least?

Oh that's damning with faint praise. . 

Only thing I can say is be like Batman and have a on and off again relationship with her like Catwoman that eventually turns her to good?

Enjoy your TWO first stage Pokemon, Dex.

Yeah, fat chance of me being able to pull that off.

I think the starter options are about the same as far as I can tell. I think that Aipom doesn't have Skill Link anymore so that's a good thing.

There is a pretty cool addition of note.

For important battles, the dialogue changes depending on how you win. Like if you use a single mon to sweep them, the trainer will complement that mon. 

Hot damn, really?
That's the kind of QoL changes I like!

They use their Psychic powers to control their movements like puppets would be my guess.

It is, but we know she'll be fine in the end.

God that'd still look so dumb.

That works for me.

Venam is such an easy target. It kinda borders on bullying, I almost feel bad.

Almost.

Just remember that she posed as an electrician to get a free vacation trip and had the audacity to claim she deserved some of their pay for doing no work.

Says the man who's typed several novels worth of words and taken albums worth of self photos.

I've wasted my life making this run.

I could have wrote a book instead and made money instead of pandering to you CHEAPSKATES.

Very disappointing.

Guess they were really focused on the Nintendo DS around that time. They really pushed the limit of what you could do graphic wise for Gen V. It was honestly great.

god i love the limited 3D they use for this game. its so charming

Well you can only do so much with collapsing society. Might as well paint. You can even use blood from someone you really dislike for red. 

Blood is actually a very bad substitute for paint. It changes colour after drying and becomes really flaky as well.

Don't ask how I know that.

Oh I'm sure that'll be a sight to see. With both Melias in the background eating popcorn. 

Said "deadly duel" was probably 60% of what delayed this chapter so much.

A complete BITCH to edit and write for.

Never again.

Cursed video be warned

. . . What have I done to you to deserve such horrors?

I'm sure we'll find some small slight if we look back over all the comments you've made.

Honestly, it's still better than the original live-action version of that..."rap" as he calls it.

God I hope so.

I think so. Shoot I didn't even remember this was a thing until this run brought it up. I must have completely blocked it from my mind.

Speaking of not remembering things being things.
I have no idea what this is even referring to!
So I'll skip it.

After the first 5 shots, I don't think it counts anymore!

Haven't you heard of covering fire?
I was COVERING him in bullets!

And yes, she was.

For a second I'd almost thought you'd forgotten. Then I saw you press that button. . .

I hold no remorse for my actions.

Traitors are bad but traitors who betray for idiotic reasons are far worse.

Yay. Now I too can lay in the floor and do nothing!

Skip over dialogue, in this game!?!

You blaspheme, Sean!

Yeah it'd be pretty blasphemous for a run like this but RIP to anyone wanting to do a regular Nuzlocke that focuses on the battles.

Look man those games were niche as hell. Half the people reading this run probably know it from memes at best.

Were they? I thought they were pretty popular given how I knew two people in real-life who played them.
That's very impressive for Ireland, you know!

Be wild if you ended catching another Xatu here. In V13, I think you can actually catch Pokemon in the castle in this timeline.

That'd be an interesting character idea. Post-Apocalypse survivor.

Although if they're in the castle they're probably evil.

I think I caught a Blitzle in the time travelling mansion but didn't do much with her character.

'Cause she died pretty soon after.

It's always fun seeing sprites can played around with like that. 

Least it was quick?

I don't even know what this is referring to anymore...
Gotta move to the Nuzlocke forums man so it's easier to look back on things.

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

(I thought it was because this was a last minute change half an hour before the chapter goes up due to IRL Sean thinking the audience wouldn't want to just sit and read blocks of text about how much Melia and Venam want to kiss each other or whatever's going on here?)

You thought right! If I wanted to see the unedited version, I'd just pop in a LP on YouTube. This is much funnier. 

Damn LPers have it sooo easy.

All they have to do is play the game and read.

Or just stay silent because that's more what people watching it want.

1Z4lzRr.gif

Expand  

Ah there's the Super Saiyan Melia Edit I was looking for. Was not dissapointed at all.

O Messiah~ O Messiah~

PJe0NA9m.jpg

*COUGH*

Please don't ask why I did that. I don't even fucking know anything about anything anymore.

Expand  

Oh dear, it seems you've contracted a terminal case of "Tsundere". Nothing I can do, get you affairs in order.

Irish people in general are like this.
You'll never hear us admit we actually like our best friend.

He's either a cunt or a wanker.

But we mean it affectionately.

5hwikn3m.jpg

Should we all get down and genuflect before our new golden goddess, praise be unto her?

81zFjFkm.jpg

That was a test.

If any of you at home did so, please come attack me in my house so I can legally kill you.

Expand  

Sorry Sean. We must sacrifice you to our near blond haired overlord. Also holy hell, Melia is basically a god at this point. Like no wonder Team Xen wanted her

And then we learn she's only like 1/4 of a 1/3 of Mega-Arceus's true power.
Fucking hell.

yQvbXd2m.jpg

Expand  

Really sad this is just an edit. Your friends have remarkably muted reactions to finding out the MC has died multiple times. 

Yeah, I feel like it should be a bigger deal than it is.

Maybe Jan'll add some lines in later versions but knowing my luck, I'll have passed them.

You were hoping that the Time Ruby would activate immediately after you said that so it'd be especially dramatic, weren't you?

YCbdaOrm.jpg

wfUPRWUm.jpg

Expand  

Look its in her Big Bad Evil Boss work contract. If she doesn't do it, they dock her pay and remove her dental.

Oh god no.
That would imply there's someone even HIGHER up the Xen food-chain than her.
I don't think we need anymore Xen characters thanks...

FJx6QUbm.jpg

Expand  

I'm sure this experience has taught Sean that vengeance is no the answHAHA yeah right.

Good thing this timeline totally gone for good. No chance of this being revisited later, no sir.

I'll just make up some bullshit if that's the case.

Business as usual.

I'll play your little game:

Here's where I'd say "*plays the Saw theme*" but that franchise is complete garbage so I won't.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.3da5387977135ec61a9bd1e207e4023e.png

Torterra: Used to own a pet turtle years ago, called him Robert. We kept him outside, and one day he was gone after a daytrip to my aunts. We assume something ate him, but I'd like to think he's running free in the river somewhere. I would have chosen Blastoise, but Torterra matches his color more. Plus I just like Torterra more.

ROBERRRRRRRTTTTT!!!!

Butterfree: Back in Elementary school, every year I'd catch a catapiller, put it into a jar with so leaves and watch in grow into a butterfly and release it. I started being known for it in school. 

Huh. That's a nice story actually.

Greedent: Squirrels are everywhere where a I live. Have to do everything I can to keep them out of plants. Little bastards killed most of tulips. . .

Never did I imagine I'd see Greedent on one of these.
Props for not going for Pachirisu.

Appletun: I just really love Apples and apple pie. 

Basic but Based all the same.

Typhlosion: This is just fond memories of Pokemon Gold, probably the game I played the most in 2001-2003. I always chose Typhlosion as my starter. I like Feraligatr more, but in Gen 2 it didn't have much going for it.

Ehhh...not really a good story even if it makes sense.
I can't imagine the Pokemon Games actually existing as they do when this world is a mix of the two.

Cofragrigus: I volunteered in a lot of museums for high school and college. High School was especially fun, worked at a Army museum and talked with a lot of veterans. They had really cool stories. 

And then you shoved them into the ancient Egyptian coffin, eh?
Pretty cool if a little fucked up.

• Upvote 3

Oh heck, you're alive. Welcome back!

And right back into the mess that is Rejuv's time travel shenanigans.

YGO, huh. And OG series monsters too. Your age is showing. I always wondered, why is that dude called "Celtic Guardian" when he's clearly an elf, anyway? He always kind of reminded me of a western fantasy comic version of Link.

Mhh, either my memory is rubbish (which it usually isn't) or a lot about those segments changed between versions. I don't remember Edgevoir showing up there at all.

THAT MIMIKYU SPOKE ENGLISH EARLIER!

POKEMON CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT!

Zoroark can!

image.thumb.png.8ab22a2c808c3d33fe9b4fa2c276ae7b.png

For some reason noone ever remembers that. Afaik it happens in Legends Arceus too.

Well we're several months later and nothing's come out so...whoops?
I hope they just make a new one instead of another fucking remake. Too many lazy remakes in Game Freak already.

WakeMeUpInside.mp4

Mystery Dungeon belongs to Spike Chunsoft fortunately so whatever's going on with Game Freak would be irrelevant to the quality of any further remake. Still want a new game though.

Also GF better not touch BW, they do not need a remake. Stop.

Geez, Madame X is really just a big fucking weaboo nerd in a powersuit, huh?

Noone who dresses like that isn't.

I 'member.

And I'll never forgive it for not being the case.

Could have had 9 chapters about Aelita and how great she is but nope.

MELIA.

Well she's finally back now. Surely now the plot will move towards that supposed goal with no further derails, right?

23 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

I've seen some pretty weird eyeball men in the graphics folder of this game.

Huh, the fuck is this?

23 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Oh god no.
That would imply there's someone even HIGHER up the Xen food-chain than her.
I don't think we need anymore Xen characters thanks...

Didn't she mention a "father" when you beat her on Blacksteeple?

and you didnt crush your past selves to death

jan can make all the over the top bullshit he wants he still doesnt know how to have fun

ah classic playground format yugioh

I did not miss that but I commend the level of effort to make a mostly convincing duel of a game you havent played in 15ish years or so

oh god rejuvenation is so anime theres a 9 episode gap where you end up in the exac same place you were before because the writers didnt know how to continue the plot

christ

goddamn reincarnation always taking away from the dramatic sacrifices people make

its usually not so instant though