The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3 Finale: Remember, I Wuv You (05/12/23)

Something Something, joke about not dropping the soap.

Nice of Saki to volunteer you to be the fallguy for her scatterbrained scheme, I'm sure this will be a long and beatifu-hahhahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

I swear to pokechrist these girls of the arc get worse and worse.

Hooray, you made a new male friend! That's what, the second in the game so far?

Man, I just realized the female npc's really outnumber guys in Rejuvenation.

Also, what are the odds that three gym leaders have gone missing and no one has started looking for them.

I'd assume you'd want to keep an eye on the people who hand out badges, but maybe that's just me...

But good luck in prison and keep that hammer close, you never know when you'll need to break some kneecaps :)

• Upvote 1

Hmm...a locked correction facility with Gym Leaders inside...this reminds me of something....ah it's like the orphanage from Reborn! I hope the warden is a crazy doctor (fingers crossed)

The Ren replacement seems pretty chill so far Saki on the other hand seems like the worst kind of SJW

Silly Sean you're not in an anime. You're in ...

Spoiler

A fanfiction.

It's all there. The inconsistent writing, the silly names, the mary sue, the female/gender mixed harem of said Mary sue, ... .

Judging from it though you are quite lucky though. It's pretty mild and the ship is not SeanXRen like those other fanfiction that pair up the protagonist with their brooding/angsty/... antagonist.

Well you're going to be there for a while

I recommend a rock hammer and a female celebrity poster, hope you got 20 years

Of course Neved is an idiot, no intelligent person chooses the code name Neved of all things.

Edited by YinYang9705

In brightest day, in blackest night...
No scene transition shall escape my sight...

Life goals.

Also i dare you to do a Pkmn Full Moon run (not necessarily a nuzlocke) just so we could see you pulling your hair in every scene. Though it would have to be a third person commentary cuz talking protag...

How could you let them take your hammer!? Now all you have to defend yourself with is a pen, you can't break kneecaps with a pen!

Ah well, I suppose you'll have to make do with what you have.

Also Neved is really stupid, and I mean incredibly stupid. Doesn't he know not to hire random girls he finds in the ocean, you can't trust ocean girls!

How has he kept this prison running for this long without something going terribly wrong?

Newerwinter? Like the city in all those books and games? Someone was reading Forgotten Realms it seems

Let me guess...that girl is a police officer in disguise (or something similar) and Neved is going to regret not locking her up.

So did you actually stab Saki with something? Was it a pen? Nahhh Don't worry i ship only Venam/Sean

• 3 weeks later...

Woo, I have a ton of catching up to do!

"Plus Giratina is pronunced Ji-ra-tee-na"

...No, it's really not.

In addition to being verbally referred to as "Gi-ra-tee-na" multiple times in official content, the Japanese characters for Giratina are "ギラティナ" (Gi-ra-ti-na). If it had been pronounced "Ji-ra-tee-na", then the characters would be "ジラティナ" (Ji-ra-ti-na).

"If someone of an ethnic origin blows up a bus and then we assume that all of them are bus exploders, that's pretty bad but it doesn't exactly equal blowing up a bus, does it?"

Not exactly, but in doing so, you're making the world more actively hostile for that ethnic group by jumping to that conclusion. If you assume that everyone of a certain ethnicity is a "bus exploder", then you encourage society to treat everyone of that ethnicity as if they were bus exploders.
Which, inevitably, will result in hateful bigotry, persecution, and death.
Let's say that one Alolan blows up a bus and kills 20 people. You, in a fit of rage, decry all Alolan people as savage, violent bus exploders. You vow to do whatever you can to seek revenge against all Alolan people, without exception. Your words and actions reach the impressionable hearts and minds of thousands of people, which leads to several violent attacks against peaceful Alolan establishments. In these attacks, over 50 innocent Alolan people are killed.
Would you say that indirectly causing the deaths of 50 innocent people isn't as bad as directly causing the deaths of 20? Of course you wouldn't. You're simply fighting hate with more hate and getting innocent people killed in the crossfire, which makes you no better than the initial bus exploder.
That's the point that Narcissa was trying to make.

So, despite all of its issues and Saki simply existing being a crime against humanity, this section was a step in the right direction plotwise for me. So far Rejuv's story has been a bunch of seemingly unrelated mini-arcs culminating in a gym battle with maybe a single character from each popping up now and again to remind you that they still exist. The crew you meet in Blacksteeple end up staying relevant for quite some time, so some of them have time to develop as characters and you grow increasingly familiar or invested with them in spite of their annoyances or flaws. I guess from here on out, it starts to adopt a more Reborn-esque plot structure where each gym arc transitions smoothly into the next with some greater overarching goal in front of you, for better or worse.

Edited by Evan20000

>not putting any points into wisdom

have fun being mind controlled by every two bit wizard with a charm spell

why does every villain need a tragic backstory, shouldn't their personality/how cool they can be give all the motivation you need?

oh come on yvealtal/hydreigon are clearly edgier than absol 

to be fair to emma, it's not like most of these characters have that much depth to them anyways

Edited by YinYang9705

I saw in the replies that after your pokemon reborn and rejuvenation series you might not do nuzlockes anymore but I still hope you do reaction series to other pokemon games also does this mean the alphabet locke is over?

Oh Neved, every word that comes out of your mouth makes you sound like even more of an idiot than you did before. Just because you have a reason for doing the things you do, doesn't make you right... or likeable.

But it sure is nice of him to give the girl he just met so much freedom, it's not like it'll come back to bite him one day!

Also, I just realized that your pen has a use for something other than writing strongly written letters! You can also use it to take a stab at... writing poetry! It's a great way to let out all your pent up emotions :)

And I'd also like to say that I approve of your choice of stats, Strength and Charisma are by far the superior choices in any situation.

The second day ended only 2 more remain the tension is rising and our "heroes" accomplished...nothing? More or less

Don't worry Sean Emma is just another of those girls with superpowers hers is mind control/reading

So they could've escaped and trashed the place anytime but decided it was better to work in the mines to have a chance to discover the "mystery" behind this place...i don't even...why?

Second episode with Saki and she still is not stabbed, well at least the game tries to make her more tolerable.

Mothball?! No not you!

Spoiler

Ahem...well now that he's dead let's replace him with something more power...oh he lives...good 

It's good to be back!

"Eh every language pronounces things differently, like some people pronounce the Y in Gyarados while I don't."

And those people are objectively wrong. The "Y" in "Gyarados" is officially silent, and there's no "Y" sound in the Japanese name at all.

Well, more like #AStatisticallyNegligibleNumberOfAlolans. Like, 1 in 100 million.

It's so effing stupid how Emma is like, "You and Neved are very similar. You've shown nothing but hostility, you lose your temper easily, you take things way too personally..."
THESE ARE TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES, EMMA. NEVED ABDUCTED AN ENTIRE TOWN FULL OF INNOCENT PEOPLE, SHIPPED THEM TO A REMOTE PRISON ON A SMALL ISLAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN, AND FORCED THEM TO PERFORM MANUAL LABOR WHILE KEEPING THEM IMPRISONED FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME. AND YOU ARE WILLINGLY CHOOSING TO HELP THIS GUY WHO KIDNAPPED US, SO I'D SAY THAT VALARIE'S HOSTILITY IS PERFECTLY JUSTIFIED.

Not just zeppelin, but also airplane, water pokemon, sky pokemon, and just straight up teleportation

That escape plan also relies on the fact the captain is still alive, which is kinda unlikely.

Don't you know, engineers just love talking about machine stress in public, its not like they have hobbies or anything.