The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3 Finale: Remember, I Wuv You (05/12/23)

I honestly expected something bad to happen when you slept in Ren's house (like you waking up in prison or something)

So everyone in town including the Gym Leader is a jerk...Rejuvenation really needs an option to punch people (the statue is lovely though)

Poor Pichu you could've be the best of friends and go on exiting adventures around the world...except you got Rose who is way better

Don't judge too harshly Sean maybe hanging is the favorite/official pass time in this town

>the 1st event that happens in this town is a lynching from the local giratina statue

Christ, no wonder ren wants to clean this shithole up

Ghost girl Sariah is....is not the most subtle of foreshadowing

rip pichu, you were too pure for this world

Sean you've changed, when have you beaten up someone against your will before...

Also that is not a real gregory

and hey, at least Melia and Crescent don't just use their Mary Sue powers when it's convenient for the plo- oh wait...

Damn its hard to keep track on this when its crushed under the v9 hype!

Where did pangoro get the twig?  Well where did Alakazam get the 2nd spoon?  At least in Pangoro's case you can say that the leaf that it always munched as a Pancham evolved along with it... into a twig lol.

Isnt Goldenleaf chapter of the game the best chapter? So many strong emotions... 

It's okay Sean. the game just wants you to win the bet that you made with your mons.  You just can't see that its all a help attempt!

So you get captured automatically without any option to resist despite being stronger than everyone in that town...just how? That's the same level of stupid or even more than the Nuzleaf cage in Reborn.

Double Team op pls nerf

No Aelita an assembly is a bad idea why not just burn the whole place like their precious tower?

...wait a minute how did Sariah survive that hit from the Pangoro?

Curses, I missed an update. Oh well at least I'm caught up now.

And I suppose that I should tell you that I take angry mobs very seriously, you could call me a connoisseur. And that was by far the most disappointing angry mob I have ever seen in my life, so I say we form our own mob and show them how it's done! We can have actual pitchforks, actual torches, and double the irrational hatred!

But despite that poor excuse of an angry mob this was an excellent episode, always nice to see how humbly you accept a victory after crushing your enemies :D

Also Yaxley may be my new favorite character of yours, he is perhaps the sweetest Mightyena I have ever seen... I hope he doesn't die

probably didn't give you a dragon fang because it would make rose even more op by having it even though you got it through luck in the first place

edit some of your images don't seem to be working for me wonder if its just me

I wonder if jan even sees this nuzlocke you should send him a message in the rejuvenation forum about the faults of the game  at one point or another

Edited by nepeta100

• 3 weeks later...

oh please tell that's the last of the legendary railroading malarkey, because it seriously doesn't need to be repeated several times in such a short timespan

many lesser players would have quit the game after that scene, the fact you still have hope for it is admirable

also why did naricssa say a giratina, the fact that arceus needed to remake the universe for you in the sinjo ruins event proves there should be only one in canon.

Edited by YinYang9705

• Global Mods

I think V9 changed that part a decent amount, though I don't remember exactly.

Unfortunately, as neglectful as Narcissa is, she is pretty damn strong in battle, or at least she was against my V8 team.

lets hope we don't feel the effects of that too much next episode.

rip Yaxley :(

rip Scooby doom :(:( omg he lived

great job making it through that giritina fight in one piece I'm speechless XD

okay scratch that I'm busting with laughter from the after battle scene

I'm actually going to have a nice chat with the main rejuvenation v9 page and see what other people think about this fainted pokemon matter

that reminds me if you ever did find the key to the tower in goldenleaf I hope you did the side quest to do and I am curious about your opinion if you did it

Edited by nepeta100

I have completed this game 2 times, and yet i never questioned those things when they happen.  Reading this makes me see this game and its flaws through a more critical eye.

Since this is not the last time this happens, i can only assume that legendaries according to jan's style are special enough mons to recover quickly from a defeat.

You lost your most loyal mon, and also right before a ghost gym.  Ouch.      Also when in doubt, hax it out.  This peerless strategy has been practiced and perfected after months of redemption league!

I liked Mosely actually :(   

As far as the  "cutscene achilles heel"  we have in these games,  i am of the opinon that it is okay for the main character to find himself in situations where he is fucked and needs the "deux ex machina" support character to pull him out of the mess,  but the problem is the poor execution.  Especially in a game where you can pull a dragon out of your pocket.  A situation needs to be created where you -really- are powerless to deal with said situations yourself, so that it actually makes you happy when help arrives.

Edited by DemICE

I'm amazed at the fact that you still have hope after he pulled the same stunt twice plus you were "saved" (again) without the need for it, i'll just leave you with this:

Spoiler

Wooo Narcissa thinks she's a badass i'm pretty sure every Gym Leader in Kanto and Johto can beat her (with their post game teams) some of them even before that.

Let's all unite our hands in prayer to RNGesus for that Thunder Wave luck

R.I.P. Yaxley i was beginning to kinda like you despite your lack of bloodlust, you were even killed by my favorite Pokemon...irony i suppose

Rose finally evolved! Maybe now i'll stop having heart attacks every time she fights

Mosely kinda reminds me of Julia (from Reborn)

What? No battle with Xen grunt Bob? worst nuzlocke ever 0/10

Well, at the very least game goes "Haha! You thought my legendary was defeated? Think again!".

When I was playing that part I could kinda accept. But later there was certain someone with 6 lvl 100 mons and if you defeated him then he goes "So you defeated my super strong pokemons? So what! I am stronger than all of them combined! Hahaha!" or something like that.

That part was disappointing...

I played around V6 and later I know that this certain someone was nerfed to one pokemon, but still it left bad after taste...

At the very least I hope that scene was changed.

Also it's kinda strange that only female cast have super powers and none of men do, unless I missed something.

Spoiler

I am not counting that fake human/pokemon made from melia's DNA or whaever it was.

certain someone = madame x

13 hours ago, DemICE said:

Since this is not the last time this happens, i can only assume that legendaries according to jan's style are special enough mons to recover quickly from a defeat.

when is the next example I could have sworn that was the last one

wait I remember nevermind.

Edited by nepeta100

No not Yaxley! Why must the good die young?! Rest in peace you beautiful beast, I'm sorry for jinxing you :(

On a positive note, at least Rose is less likely to die now... and hopefully her teenage "phase" ends at dying her horns. Puberty can do terrible things to good kids.

Also, nice Dexter's Laboratory reference. It actually took me a minute to realize where the lyrics where from since it's been so long since I've heard the song!

Spoiler

Also I can't wait for the Haxorus on the intro

That is, if Rose makes it

Also:

Spoiler

ed62995ff7d603a7543255312399261a.png ed62995ff7d603a7543255312399261a.png ed62995ff7d603a7543255312399261a.png ed62995ff7d603a7543255312399261a.png ed62995ff7d603a7543255312399261a.png

this is supposed to be blind sean

Edited by Hycrox

Frequent updates!  Marvel in the power of summer! (and the fact that you have prolly less other things to do at your summer place).

And here we see the first high jump miss.  At least it was not lethal.  You are playing dangerous games with this, and with recoil generally.  Lightning's gonna get one of her own in the near future too xD joy (tho considering how many times she was almost KO'd i fear she might not make it)

We both know that the real reason u got flash was for the gym fight and not for the zubat xD  otherwise you wouldn't forget it!

Its not that Ceasar is weak on the special side, but rather that gallade is stupidly specially bulky compared to its paper defense.

Also correction to a reply. It's not Julia who is best girl in reborn, but rather her mega evolution > Julia on coffee

Wow, I wasn't expecting another update so soon... not that I'm complaining! It's always nice to see a new episode from you :D

I'd also like to point out that I never really noticed how many times people pop up out of the blue to "help" you until I started reading your nuzlocke. And now that I've re-started the game to try and nuzlocke it myself, it's blatantly obvious... so thanks a lot.

But on the bright side, you've discovered the greatness that is Grumpig! Hopefully we'll be seeing more of Pearl in the future! (I also hope I didn't just jinx another Pokemon to the same fate as Yaxley...)

• Global Mods

Woohoo, After leaving edgeville, Coffee can now begin to kick the shit out of most of the rest of the game (assuming she survives the upcoming hell)

see you on the other side (except all of this actually happened a long time ago which sometimes makes things a bit weird to think about)