The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3 Finale: Remember, I Wuv You (05/12/23)

Real M.I.B. would make this run even more fun but best girl Looker is ok too

You a good boy? Didn't you just kill a help center clerk? 

Oww Crawli is alive? And the rangers too? Well at least they're reformed now....that's kinda good

Dynamax is stupid and shows how out of ideas the folks making the main games are

you never finished a Final Fantasy game? Heresy! Burn the heretic! Where is my pitchfork? But seriously at least try the FF7 remake, it's pretty good. 

Looking at all of the villains in this game it does make me wonder who the final boss will be. The only real candidates we have is    Angi (actually Vitus), MadameX, the time and space women, and that red haired woman that loves to torture Keta and Aletia.

hey nancy was a canon character design!

she just had nothing to do with the actual character

poor curtis

those are certainly attempts at a gen3 version of their gen7 character designs

it just kinda makes me wish more of these fangames used later gens as the basis for their game

rip in the limits of essentials

everything goes multiversal if it goes on long enough

I blame gardner fox myself

this run is popular because of your wit and charm!

or because its the only actual attempt at a rejuvenation screenshot run on the net

but I prefer to think its mostly the first one

Wow okay, I was wondering what happened when the whole subforum dissappeared off the face of the earth. Friggin Nintendo copyright sucks. Also dang didn't manage to reply in time. Just gonna comment on this chapter.

Spoiler

On 4/27/2022 at 1:10 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

I suddenly have the strongest urge to change my username to Complimentary Trainer for a chapter and being so incredibly friendly to everyone.

Strangers will be confused and anyone with any kind of familiarity will be terrified and/or suspicious. You should do it for a chapter where Melia/Venam/Ren/whoever does something particularly dumb. 

Yes but she had a fucking SWORD while also being 100% superhuman. What did we have up there?

Neither Aelita or myself have come close to matching her feats. So to actually push her back made her look pathetic.

It'd be classic anime if we did settle it with a fist fight. Like the end of Gurren Lagann.

Your sharp tongue and Razor wit obviously.

Based on everything that happens with Clear and whats his name, I have sinking suspicion it was a "I was holding back and stalling for time" type thing from Madame X. Which would suck more, but fits with the rest of the story for better or worse.

Long wait then.

And we'll be here waiting like always.

Yeah it's fucking annoying. I did a Nuzlocke of Radical Red and the first chance I saw to turn EVS off I took. They add nothing to the game.

Gotta inflate the difficulty somehow. Nothing like needed to KO a mon and having it survive by the slimmest amount of HP. Just fun.

Phew.

The order from worst to best for LoZ fairy friends goes Tatl - Navi - Ciela. Only because I really liked Phantom Hourglass.

Only Zelda game I've ever played it Twilight Princess and even then that was loaned from a friend, so I really only know of annoyance with Navi through memes and all that. I've heard the handheld ones are pretty fun.

That started out as a touching message but the next sentence made it bad. Forshame.

Hahaha what if she's from that Pokestar movie future where the Bug types somehow took over? That setting had Human balls. 

The internet has thoroughly corrupted me at this point, it's too late for concepts such as shame.

Her grandma is a really really smart Bug-type trying to fix the mistakes of her race. Or she's Zubat which is why Ana doesn't have eyes.

Luckily I and my Pokemon will be safe inside this weird little apartment floating in empty space.

Good luck sharing an enclosed space with Chiller for a long time, I'm sure that'll end well.

GOD no. Ana does not need to be introduced to fucking Interpol. The quest itself is already highly suspicious as is. I don't want Looker and Anabel's bosses finding out about the Nano Drive on top of Rift Pokemon.

You mean you don't trust the government agents that popped up out of nowhere to capture these dangerous mutated Pokemon? 

But seriously imagine if Team Xen was being funded by some shadowy government agency from another region altogether, some kind of weird fusion between Pokemon and Tom Clancy.

It'd be Caesar. 100%

Rose is mostly fine with whatever I do, just like I am with whatever she does.

Rose could randomly kill a guy and you'd go "Great Job Sweetie, I'm sure he sucked!"

Does it still? Last I saw of it was in like...2002? We don't actually have that channel here unless you pay for Sky (which I think is the American equivalent of cable?)

Sadly. It's still limping along with literally nothing to do with music anymore. It's all crappy Reality TV shows.

Thanks. I mostly only use it to edit text but I've got the basics of it down. God those Secret Bases sucked in comparison. So little variety. I can only drink Rosè myself. Don't like the other two much at all.

Yeah you could only do them at these very select spots in the overworld. A bit more freedom about location would have gone a long way, plus not needed a particular move to make them would have helped.

I really only drink wine for new years and first sundays at church (blood of Christ and all that).

If only laughing was all they did. Past Sean once left a bomb under my bed (and somehow forgot that I'd remember how to disarm it immediately) It depends on the chapter most of the time. Some were written in 2020 some in 2019 & late 2018. That's why some jokes or realisations get repeated since I wrote everything out of order most of the time.

If it makes you feel any better, the writing still flows pretty well. I didn't notice any more problems or differences, at least.

Haha no, my cooking's pretty okay. I was more making fun of their being no sink sprite without the cooker attached.

Classic Japanese infrastructure right there. It also explains why the parents of the Japanese regions don't have their own beds. They use those futon things and sleep in the main room.

Naw its all good, I don't even think I've seen a bathroom in the original sprite Pokemon games actually.

Parents sleeping on the floor while their kids get beds, being a pokeparent is hard.

Especially in a Nuzlocke. I've never gotten to do a Pokemon Tower bit that you see in so many of them yet.

Honestly, if Madame X's identity never gets revealed or is someone mostly unimportant, I'm making it so that Adrian was her all along.

None. I just typed "Sexy Professor Oak" and picked one out. Felt the joke would be better if it was a pinup image, y'know?

To be fair, Aevium and Reborn don't really have a Pokemon Tower equivalent, though there is the big old graveyard in Goldenleaf. That might mean being around Narcissa more, but sacrifices must be made.

Adrian is doing all this for a rematch with you, no matter how many bodies she leaves in her wake. 

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

Well the side stuff is coming to an end, you can't run from the plot for much longer. Least Caesar will have more materially for his secret documents.

Hey look it's Anabel. I always thought it was a little weird they chose this random frontier Brain to get flung into an alternate dimension. It's a unique choice, though. I definitely give Gamefreak that.

Fun fact, according to Ultra Sun/Moon, there's apparently a Pokemon Multiverse. At this point I'm awaiting a Professor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness movie.

Yeah the Crawli stuff is wild. He's apparently some hybrid of Daredevil and Bran from Game of Thrones power wise. Which makes his more or less uselessness all the more glaring. 

The Kakori success story is just salt in the wound. I'm sure Crawli is laughing at you through the broken nose and concussion. Least you got a Safari Zone for new captures, so that's something right?

Only reason I can reckon Looker and co aren't screaming to the heavens about Team Xen is that they're still gathering evidence for slam dunk to nail down Cassandra and her cronies. Probably won't actually act until you put down Team Xen for good and just arrest the survivors. You know how these plots go.

I imagine the Team Xen Admins are mean to Zetta and just use his tears for rift matter. It'd be funny at least.

Also my best guess for how he's actually in the dream world is that he's in Crescent's Team and he's dreaming along with her. Kinda like how Death Incarnate (Death Itself? Whatever the Shuckle's name is), was conscious in your battle with the Puppet Master. 

I'm still half hoping there's an option to get Zetta-losis, since far as I can tell there's no option to get the Solosis line yet in Rejuvenation. I just want to weird Melia out by sending her brother/clone into battle against her.

God, why is this run even popular?

We laugh at your suffering. Plus you're the only game in town for a nuzlocke of this game, let alone any of the other fangames besides Pikafan. Everyone else either failed, ended prematurely (RIP the Reborn Penta-Op), or was sane enough to stay away!

It's Friday.

You know what that means.

Nothing at all since I don't have a set schedule for when I upload. I just try to meet the 4 chapters a month quota.

Aaaaaanyway...

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-136-the-cave-is-darch-and-full-of-terror.1076/page-73#post-869940

Replies:

Spoiler
On 4/30/2022 at 5:32 AM, J-Awesome_One said:

Soooo... do you secretly want to seen Jan butt naked or what?

Heeey. It's Derogatory Presley. I will forever call you that whenever you wear that outfit now.

This is the logic you operate under.

i5NFTsEm.jpg

Stop it.

Aaaand into the trash that shirt goes.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:25 PM, Gaunt said:

Real M.I.B. would make this run even more fun but best girl Looker is ok too

You a good boy? Didn't you just kill a help center clerk? 

Oww Crawli is alive? And the rangers too? Well at least they're reformed now....that's kinda good

Dynamax is stupid and shows how out of ideas the folks making the main games are

you never finished a Final Fantasy game? Heresy! Burn the heretic! Where is my pitchfork? But seriously at least try the FF7 remake, it's pretty good. 

He's a fake one though. I had to write those lines.

I knocked her unconscious using the techniques shown to me by my friend Dylan. That's all. And I'm not responsible for the one that exploded into atoms.

Yeah. They wouldn't have survived if that bastard Jan didn't put the Safari Zone in that town. As for the Rangers being reformed...well I'll believe it when I see it.

Wonder what the new gimmick is going to be in Kinda Red and Kinda Blue version? Any ideas?

I was going to but then I was told that it wasn't the full game so I think I'll wait.

On 5/1/2022 at 1:23 AM, Bluedude said:

Looking at all of the villains in this game it does make me wonder who the final boss will be. The only real candidates we have is    Angi (actually Vitus), MadameX, the time and space women, and that red haired woman that loves to torture Keta and Aletia.

Madame X most likely. She's got all the brand recognition.

But the final FINAL boss of this game in total is going to be me. I imagine the others will rise up to try and stop my reign of...heroism at some point.

On 5/1/2022 at 6:51 AM, YinYang9705 said:

hey nancy was a canon character design!

she just had nothing to do with the actual character

poor curtis

those are certainly attempts at a gen3 version of their gen7 character designs

it just kinda makes me wish more of these fangames used later gens as the basis for their game

rip in the limits of essentials

everything goes multiversal if it goes on long enough

I blame gardner fox myself

this run is popular because of your wit and charm!

or because its the only actual attempt at a rejuvenation screenshot run on the net

but I prefer to think its mostly the first one

That was made non-canon ages ago, YingYang. Get with the times.

Didn't like Gen 4's graphics all that much though. Didn't like the spongy trees or mountains.

Besides Jan's really pushing the graphics on this anyway so it's fine.

I blame comics in general.

You know I can see the wit alright, the charm...not so much.

I've seen others but yeah, none of them get as far as I did.

Because they had better fucking sense and did a youtube series instead. GOD that would have been so much easier...

On 5/2/2022 at 5:09 AM, Dex said:

Wow okay, I was wondering what happened when the whole subforum dissappeared off the face of the earth. Friggin Nintendo copyright sucks. Also dang didn't manage to reply in time. Just gonna comment on this chapter.

Better than getting Uranium'd, I suppose.

Ame just has to kill any Kotaku journalists sniffing around and she should be fine.

Spoiler

On 4/27/2022 at 6:10 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

I suddenly have the strongest urge to change my username to Complimentary Trainer for a chapter and being so incredibly friendly to everyone.

Strangers will be confused and anyone with any kind of familiarity will be terrified and/or suspicious. You should do it for a chapter where Melia/Venam/Ren/whoever does something particularly dumb. 

I laugh at the idea that there could be strangers after 130+ chapters. Like who tf opens something at Chapter 167 or something? I don't even think I COULD do it though. I'd have to fight every natural instinct I have.

Yes but she had a fucking SWORD while also being 100% superhuman. What did we have up there?

Neither Aelita or myself have come close to matching her feats. So to actually push her back made her look pathetic.

It'd be classic anime if we did settle it with a fist fight. Like the end of Gurren Lagann.

Your sharp tongue and Razor wit obviously.

Based on everything that happens with Clear and whats his name, I have sinking suspicion it was a "I was holding back and stalling for time" type thing from Madame X. Which would suck more, but fits with the rest of the story for better or worse.

Or...whatever the fuck I can find in my Bag to throw at her. 

That might work too.

Raiden Punching Armstrong GIF | Raiden Punching Armstrong / Standing Here I  Realize | Know Your Meme

It's gonna be like this, I bet.

Long wait then.

And we'll be here waiting like always.

Awww...

That's so...

Creepy.

Yeah it's fucking annoying. I did a Nuzlocke of Radical Red and the first chance I saw to turn EVS off I took. They add nothing to the game.

Gotta inflate the difficulty somehow. Nothing like needed to KO a mon and having it survive by the slimmest amount of HP. Just fun.

I suppose the opposite is also true. If Rose hadn't beaten up so many Audinos in her time, she might not have survived a few of the crits she's taken...

Phew.

The order from worst to best for LoZ fairy friends goes Tatl - Navi - Ciela. Only because I really liked Phantom Hourglass.

Only Zelda game I've ever played it Twilight Princess and even then that was loaned from a friend, so I really only know of annoyance with Navi through memes and all that. I've heard the handheld ones are pretty fun.

Ah yes. The one where everyone wanted to fuck the fairy companion. A bold choice. It's also my favourite one too.

They are fun but I wouldn't have the patience to play them again. Even the train one.

Luckily I and my Pokemon will be safe inside this weird little apartment floating in empty space.

Good luck sharing an enclosed space with Chiller for a long time, I'm sure that'll end well.

We're used to it.

Depending on how this bedroom I seem to bring with me wherever I go in-game works anyway.

Maybe it's like Inside Out or something?

GOD no. Ana does not need to be introduced to fucking Interpol. The quest itself is already highly suspicious as is. I don't want Looker and Anabel's bosses finding out about the Nano Drive on top of Rift Pokemon.

You mean you don't trust the government agents that popped up out of nowhere to capture these dangerous mutated Pokemon? 

But seriously imagine if Team Xen was being funded by some shadowy government agency from another region altogether, some kind of weird fusion between Pokemon and Tom Clancy.

While I know you were beings sarcastic, I start of not trusting anyone by default.

I would scream. I would scream so loud so I could collapse my own lungs and not have to deal with a man behind the man behind the man in another country. Because I am exhausted enough as it is.

It'd be Caesar. 100%

Rose is mostly fine with whatever I do, just like I am with whatever she does.

Rose could randomly kill a guy and you'd go "Great Job Sweetie, I'm sure he sucked!"

Nah. I'd at least ask why since it's an unusual thing for her to suddenly do.

Does it still? Last I saw of it was in like...2002? We don't actually have that channel here unless you pay for Sky (which I think is the American equivalent of cable?)

Sadly. It's still limping along with literally nothing to do with music anymore. It's all crappy Reality TV shows.

Well I hated it back then anyway.

My cousins always changed the channel from cartoons to that boring music video shit.

Thanks. I mostly only use it to edit text but I've got the basics of it down. God those Secret Bases sucked in comparison. So little variety. I can only drink Rosè myself. Don't like the other two much at all.

Yeah you could only do them at these very select spots in the overworld. A bit more freedom about location would have gone a long way, plus not needed a particular move to make them would have helped.

I really only drink wine for new years and first sundays at church (blood of Christ and all that).

Just let me buy a HOUSE, Gamefreak! And make a difficulty setting where if you do Hard Mode you get to play as an adult.

Yeah I don't drink it outside of social interactions, of which I choose to have as little as possible.

Religious are you? Stay right there, I need to get my fedora and neckbeard to dab on you for DARING to believe in something.

Haha no, my cooking's pretty okay. I was more making fun of their being no sink sprite without the cooker attached.

Classic Japanese infrastructure right there. It also explains why the parents of the Japanese regions don't have their own beds. They use those futon things and sleep in the main room.

Naw its all good, I don't even think I've seen a bathroom in the original sprite Pokemon games actually.

Parents sleeping on the floor while their kids get beds, being a pokeparent is hard.

There isn't one. My toilet is literally just a hole in the ground with a bucket around it. Luckily the Void doesn't care what you throw or defecate into it.

Being a Japanese Pokeparent is hard. The other mothers all have beds.

Especially in a Nuzlocke. I've never gotten to do a Pokemon Tower bit that you see in so many of them yet.

Honestly, if Madame X's identity never gets revealed or is someone mostly unimportant, I'm making it so that Adrian was her all along.

None. I just typed "Sexy Professor Oak" and picked one out. Felt the joke would be better if it was a pinup image, y'know?

To be fair, Aevium and Reborn don't really have a Pokemon Tower equivalent, though there is the big old graveyard in Goldenleaf. That might mean being around Narcissa more, but sacrifices must be made.

Adrian is doing all this for a rematch with you, no matter how many bodies she leaves in her wake. 

Nah, Narcissa's been sent back in time, remember? I might run into that Danny Phantom looking guy though.

She's fighting against Jan and his despotic reign of terror, where he can just erase innocent women from existence.

Sadly, she's gone too deep and become the very thing she swore to destroy...it's tragic.

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

Well the side stuff is coming to an end, you can't run from the plot for much longer. Least Caesar will have more materially for his secret documents.

For his WHAT!?!?!

Hey look it's Anabel. I always thought it was a little weird they chose this random frontier Brain to get flung into an alternate dimension. It's a unique choice, though. I definitely give Gamefreak that.

It was weird wasn't it? I wonder if someone working on Gen VII created her and wanted to bring her back or something...

Fun fact, according to Ultra Sun/Moon, there's apparently a Pokemon Multiverse. At this point I'm awaiting a Professor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness movie.

I know.

I played those games recently. Ultra Beasts and Z-moves were just another gimmick in the end though so we probably won't see it come up again.

Yeah the Crawli stuff is wild. He's apparently some hybrid of Daredevil and Bran from Game of Thrones power wise. Which makes his more or less uselessness all the more glaring. 

Exactly. With that power you'd THINK he'd be better at his fucking job.

Maybe he's really good at Search & Rescue but couldn't show it off at the time?

But that doesn't excuse why he left after hearing Team Xen was on the island to play in the swamp mud.

The Kakori success story is just salt in the wound. I'm sure Crawli is laughing at you through the broken nose and concussion. Least you got a Safari Zone for new captures, so that's something right?

He doesn't remember me doing it to him. Otherwise I doubt he would have given me the Bug Z-Crystal after I left Kakori. Makes sense. I REALLY put my back into that desk slam.

Only reason I can reckon Looker and co aren't screaming to the heavens about Team Xen is that they're still gathering evidence for slam dunk to nail down Cassandra and her cronies. Probably won't actually act until you put down Team Xen for good and just arrest the survivors. You know how these plots go.

Yes. They go in a deeply unsatisfying way where they conclude in a way that the player gets no say whatsoever in their fate/punishment. It's such horseshit.

I imagine the Team Xen Admins are mean to Zetta and just use his tears for rift matter. It'd be funny at least.

Oh god how cliche.

The amount of times crying has been the source of some magic power is too damn high.

Also my best guess for how he's actually in the dream world is that he's in Crescent's Team and he's dreaming along with her. Kinda like how Death Incarnate (Death Itself? Whatever the Shuckle's name is), was conscious in your battle with the Puppet Master. 

That makes sense but he did explain why he was in the Nightmare realm as "somebody couldn't forget me" or something. Which he states is Melia.

So it's fucking confusing no matter how you look at it.

I'm still half hoping there's an option to get Zetta-losis, since far as I can tell there's no option to get the Solosis line yet in Rejuvenation. I just want to weird Melia out by sending her brother/clone into battle against her.

That'd be funny up until the point where she accidentally kills him because she didn't know I was doing a Nuzlocke.

God, why is this run even popular?

We laugh at your suffering. Plus you're the only game in town for a nuzlocke of this game, let alone any of the other fangames besides Pikafan. Everyone else either failed, ended prematurely (RIP the Reborn Penta-Op), or was sane enough to stay away!

Gee thanks.

True. I've never seen another Rejuvenation Nuzlocke outside of Youtube (and they aren't as funny or interesting as mine).

Everyone else just can't compete with me, I guess. In both skill and tenacity.

The last one is probably the biggest reason though. The lack of sanity.

Especially in doing a reaction-locke and not what Pikafan is doing in her Nuzlockes with the character panels.

GOD I WISH I DID THAT INSTEAAAAAAD!!!

• Thanks 1

You should start streaming then the big money AND that Nord VPN sponsorship will come

Maybe Ren was retconned out of existence and that's why we don't see him anymore

i wish we had a game where we can actually use our Pokemon for something else beside battle

Why did the devs put smack down tm this late in the game? Do they just hate fun and won't let use any cool shit until like 14th badge?

I totally approve anime team rocket, team xen

Well if you are a psychopath its a good thing Pokemon is distracting you.

On 5/1/2022 at 2:23 AM, Bluedude said:

The final boss will be...you.

...what? Is there already a battle against yourself and that's not a final battle? Crap.

Ok, I think probably Vitus is the true final boss.

You know...Madame X already got problems in Eclypsia (Too scared to see your Yveltal going down again?).

Finally able to sit down and reply after Mother's Day related stuff.

Replies to your replies:

Spoiler

On 5/6/2022 at 12:20 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

It's Friday.

Nothing at all since I don't have a set schedule for when I upload. I just try to meet the 4 chapters a month quota.

Aaaaaanyway...

4 chapters is great stuff, but don't push yourself on it.

Ame just has to kill any Kotaku journalists sniffing around and she should be fine.

Yep Nintendo doesn't play about that kind of stuff. I honestly amazed Reborn has escaped the Nintendo ninjas unlike a lot of fangames. 

I laugh at the idea that there could be strangers after 130+ chapters. Like who tf opens something at Chapter 167 or something? I don't even think I COULD do it though. I'd have to fight every natural instinct I have.

You'd be surprised. I regularly see people who've jumped onto the One Piece anime and binged the entire series in a like a few months. 

That might work too.

Raiden Punching Armstrong GIF | Raiden Punching Armstrong / Standing Here I  Realize | Know Your Meme

Better hope Tailwind Ted lends you his sword to fight Madame X when the time comes.

Awww...

That's so...

Creepy.

We see everything you do, there is no escape. 

Ah yes. The one where everyone wanted to fuck the fairy companion. A bold choice. It's also my favourite one too.

They are fun but I wouldn't have the patience to play them again. Even the train one.

Hey man my interest in the game is innocent, can't say the same for a lot of other people based on all the "special" fanart of Midna.

It's sad, there's a whole lot of games I love but I just can't be bothered to go through them again. Just getting old I guess.

We're used to it.

Depending on how this bedroom I seem to bring with me wherever I go in-game works anyway.

Hell of an out of body experience that would be. 

While I know you were beings sarcastic, I start of not trusting anyone by default.

I would scream. I would scream so loud so I could collapse my own lungs and not have to deal with a man behind the man behind the man in another country. Because I am exhausted enough as it is.

Silly Sean, you should know by now it can always get more complicated. Just imagine it, Pokemon Rejuvenation 2. Melia has been taken and you have to go to (insert region here) and get her back using Pokemon and James Bond esque ploys. It would be a beautiful trainwreck.

Just let me buy a HOUSE, Gamefreak! And make a difficulty setting where if you do Hard Mode you get to play as an adult.

Yeah I don't drink it outside of social interactions, of which I choose to have as little as possible.

Religious are you? Stay right there, I need to get my fedora and neckbeard to dab on you for DARING to believe in something.

Hey if Cynthia can have her own property straight in another country, you can at least have a house. I'd take even a small shack on some out of teh way Island. 

Hah, nice to see other loners in this day and age. Keeping up with people is exhausting.

Religious is a strong word, but I do try to go church once a week at least. Nothing wrong with believing unless your pushy about it.

There isn't one. My toilet is literally just a hole in the ground with a bucket around it. Luckily the Void doesn't care what you throw or defecate into it.

Don't pollute the void, think of the Void Whales!

It's all worth it for the bragging rights of birthing essentially the savior of the region.

Nah, Narcissa's been sent back in time, remember? I might run into that Danny Phantom looking guy though.

She's fighting against Jan and his despotic reign of terror, where he can just erase innocent women from existence.

Sadly, she's gone too deep and become the very thing she swore to destroy...it's tragic.

Gotta bring her back to the light side, hopefully she's not all burned up inside that suit like Darth Vader.

For his WHAT!?!?!

His what, secret documents? That's silly, have no idea what you're talking about.

It was weird wasn't it? I wonder if someone working on Gen VII created her and wanted to bring her back or something...

Wouldn't surprise me, or maybe she's somebody in the development team's waifu.

I know.

I played those games recently. Ultra Beasts and Z-moves were just another gimmick in the end though so we probably won't see it come up again.

You could kinda argue that Eternatus is some kind of Ultra Beast. It kinda give me a UB feeling in design at least.

But that doesn't excuse why he left after hearing Team Xen was on the island to play in the swamp mud.

I'm gonna be generous and maybe say he got a lead on Nastasia's secret lab in the swamp. 

I feel like the whole blind with superpowers thing was a mistake considering Crawli might be the least relevant gym leader in the whole game to the main plot.

He doesn't remember me doing it to him. Otherwise I doubt he would have given me the Bug Z-Crystal after I left Kakori. Makes sense. I REALLY put my back into that desk slam.

Congrats on beating up a blind person!

Yes. They go in a deeply unsatisfying way where they conclude in a way that the player gets no say whatsoever in their fate/punishment. It's such horseshit.

Well, that's what editing is for, I suppose. At least you can be satisfied you crushed their hopes and dreams?

That makes sense but he did explain why he was in the Nightmare realm as "somebody couldn't forget me" or something. Which he states is Melia.

So it's fucking confusing no matter how you look at it.

Honestly I like my explanation better. 

That'd be funny up until the point where she accidentally kills him because she didn't know I was doing a Nuzlocke.

Dramatic Irony at its finest, which is like 20 percent of what this run/game is made off. So it fits.

ee thanks.

True. I've never seen another Rejuvenation Nuzlocke outside of Youtube (and they aren't as funny or interesting as mine).

Especially in doing a reaction-locke and not what Pikafan is doing in her Nuzlockes with the character panels.

Well now we got that one Ironman screenshot run antigaround (all I can say is good luck, they're gonna need it) at least.

In fairness to past you, I don't think anyone was doing what Pika was doing when you started. It was either screenshot runs, written runs, or full on comics. 

Though you might have severely underestimated how long this game would take to finish.

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

Such a nice trainer you are getting Tsareena a tablet. I'm sure she'll download nothing bad. . . hopefully.

Anabel having rift matter is probably the least contrived thing to happen in this section of the game, just gotta roll with it. 

All these rift mons, thinking about that Rift Chandelure that you fought. Starting to think there are just like dozens of these monsters lying around Aevium that you have to clean up. Be one hell of a postgame sidequest, if you did that kind of a thing for the nuzlocke.

The Team Xen Rocket gag was hilarious, I'm honestly shocked no one in game has parodied the motto. Probably one of the Bladestar grunts or Team Anti Help or whatever the hell they're called.

Maybe I'm wasting my time doing this Nuzlocke...

Honestly, if you have fun with it keep doing it. Though I'm honestly not sure how to translate all this into making money in any kind of way. Unless you wanna like write novels or something.

With the secret base, you'd think there'd be some kind of security. A grunt or two on lookout at least. Maybe Flora just forgot or figured the Rift mon could fend for itself.

Anabel chickening out of riding the conveyor belt all the way made me snort. Though I won't lie I can't really fault her. Like you said, who knows what kind of booby trap Flora could have rigged. Why we'd need someone immortal just to be sure!

I'm sure it'll be a nice friendly super Audino with thousands of Rare Candies at the end. Ain't Flora just the nicest?

On 5/1/2022 at 9:09 PM, Dex said:

think Jan said something about this actually? That while Reborn's release is ongoing, the forums for Rejuvenation were going to be hidden (though when this was said at the time, the forums were just gone. Couldn't even access the Rejuv side of things). Though as of now? Don't know why its still hidden. Probably for safety reasons, as you said with Nintendo copyright.

Can't imagine what a Nuzlocke of the game is like, I was just seeing what the latest messages were. Should check this series out sometime.

It's Saturday.

It means I still haven't gotten any better at uploading on a set schedule.

Anyway enjoy this battle heavy chapter where I use so many Ultra Potions I go bankrupt.

Fun stuff.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-137-dreidel-dreidel-dreidel-i-made-you-out-of-pain.1076/page-74#post-870530

Replies:

Spoiler
On 5/6/2022 at 9:34 PM, J-Awesome_One said:

Awww. You care about Alena.

Smokescreen? I guess that's more like smoke. Hmm... I guess there really isn't any move that causes fog... Interesting.

No no. Still dying a bit inside.

I'm just a naturally caring individual, I think.

I think Fog was the shortest and most pointless gimmick of any Pokemon generation. At least the Seasons in Unova were cool.

I don't know why you're dying inside since you never quote what you're talking about...but uh...hooray? The nightmare is finally over for you.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:40 AM, Gaunt said:

You should start streaming then the big money AND that Nord VPN sponsorship will come

Maybe Ren was retconned out of existence and that's why we don't see him anymore

i wish we had a game where we can actually use our Pokemon for something else beside battle

Hahaha I don't think I have the energy for streaming. And Nord VPN? Please. All the real gamers are sponsored by RAID SHADOW LEGENDS.

Not with him being such an important character. Sadly only Adrian has been retconned out of existence. Some other got race-swapped but that's about it. Pretty much the first thing I'm going to ask Neved if i ever meet him again is why he's black now.

True. They've really been lying to us about how Pokemon are our friends and not tools. Every activity we spend with them involves competition in some way. Poke-Amie would have been the exception except that they made Affection affect thing in battle.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:11 AM, YinYang9705 said:

that is a perfect recreation of meowths daydreams and I;m sad the anime hasnt done them in years now

oh thats when that guy shows up

I didnt realize he was optional

Giovanni hasn't been very relevant in a long time sadly. Those daydreams scenes were always funny.

That guy? Ohhh mutant Ferrothorn?

Yeah he's optional if you don't do any Help Requests. Still less obscure than the Chandelure Rift Pokemon though.

On 5/7/2022 at 6:19 PM, Z.. said:

Why did the devs put smack down tm this late in the game? Do they just hate fun and won't let use any cool shit until like 14th badge?

I totally approve anime team rocket, team xen

Well if you are a psychopath its a good thing Pokemon is distracting you.

They knew how AMAZING Smack Down is and needed to keep it from the casual players who wouldn't make it this far.

And since when is Smack Down "fun"? I'd rather they give me the fucking Protect TM already so I can teach it to everyone.

Maybe if this game ever gets an adaption.

That and general apathy. Also dead bodies are gross.

12 hours ago, Z.. said:

also random sidenote are you going to be doing anything about the where love lies sidegame or just skipping that?

Not sure yet. Might do it in the gap between Part 3 and 4. Just to get context on everything.

Probably won't have any reaction images though. Since I'm not actually there.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:26 PM, NerfCaulifla said:

The final boss will be...you.

...what? Is there already a battle against yourself and that's not a final battle? Crap.

Ok, I think probably Vitus is the true final boss.

You know...Madame X already got problems in Eclypsia (Too scared to see your Yveltal going down again?).

There's no battle against ME in this game.

There is in this run however. And it's coming up soon.

It's most likely him, yes. Madame X will have been the hero this whoooole time.

On 5/9/2022 at 6:58 AM, Dex said:

Finally able to sit down and reply after Mother's Day related stuff.

Christ, don't say that.

I almost panicked until I remembered you guys have a different Mother's Day than us.

Replies to your replies:

Spoiler
On 5/6/2022 at 5:20 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

It's Friday.

Aaaaaanyway...

4 chapters is great stuff, but don't push yourself on it.

I just want this damn Part to be over with already.

If I didn't decide to combine the original Parts 3&4 we'd be done by now.

Yep Nintendo doesn't play about that kind of stuff. I honestly amazed Reborn has escaped the Nintendo ninjas unlike a lot of fangames. 

I think it's a scare tactic mostly. 

They've never actually brought anyone to court over it and you can still play Uranium as easily as you could back then.

You'd be surprised. I regularly see people who've jumped onto the One Piece anime and binged the entire series in a like a few months. 

Yeah but at that point they wouldn't BE strangers.

I'm talking about if someone went into One Piece at episode 978/

That might work too.

Expand  

Better hope Tailwind Ted lends you his sword to fight Madame X when the time comes.

I think an axe would be more symbolic myself.

Awww...

That's so...

Creepy.

We see everything you do, there is no escape. 

Please. You only see what I WANT you to see!

Which is pretty much just me, my bedside table and my bed.

I HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THOSE THINGS! HONEST!

Hey man my interest in the game is innocent, can't say the same for a lot of other people based on all the "special" fanart of Midna.

It's sad, there's a whole lot of games I love but I just can't be bothered to go through them again. Just getting old I guess.

Oh so is mine. Because it came out when I was 12 and an innocent boy with no internet.

Same. It's more of a lack of free time for me than anything else now. Plus there's new stuff I haven't played yet as well.

I've still not finished Elden Ring even though I really like it. It's just every time I think about playing it, I go "Ah but I should really finish editing those photos for the Nuzlocke" and then when I finish THAT the computer is there in front of my so I just play something casual on that.

The cycle never ends...

We're used to it.

Hell of an out of body experience that would be. 

I figured out how it'll work now but that's in spoiler territory.

Silly Sean, you should know by now it can always get more complicated. Just imagine it, Pokemon Rejuvenation 2. Melia has been taken and you have to go to (insert region here) and get her back using Pokemon and James Bond esque ploys. It would be a beautiful trainwreck.

I would have been all for this is you didn't mention "Melia has been taken".

Like I like the idea of me jetting off to a foreign land to stop some evil. It just screams "non-canon anime movie".

Hey if Cynthia can have her own property straight in another country, you can at least have a house. I'd take even a small shack on some out of teh way Island. 

Hah, nice to see other loners in this day and age. Keeping up with people is exhausting.

Religious is a strong word, but I do try to go church once a week at least. Nothing wrong with believing unless your pushy about it.

I'll need the space for my Pokemon so more like an entire island for myself. due to the varying types I have. Like a jungle for Caesar or a valley for Rose.

I'm a loner by choice but the choice is often taken from me by people who want to drag me into the burning sunlight.

Very true. Atheism has become it's own unorganised religious movement and it's hilarious.

I'm a devout believer in Apathetism myself. Like if there is or isn't a God it don't really matter. I'm not going to go around eating babies just because eternal damnation might await me. I'm not going to do it because wft that's evil.

If there is a God and I meet him in heaven I'll be like "Wow...there's that question answered. Now please reincarnate me into the Pokemon world, thanks."

Don't pollute the void, think of the Void Whales!

It's all worth it for the bragging rights of birthing essentially the savior of the region.

Different kind of Void. Besides the only people who'll walk on my shit are those who use the "Walk through Walls" cheat in Pokemon.

Nothing is worth a bad night's sleep in my book.

NOTHING.

Gotta bring her back to the light side, hopefully she's not all burned up inside that suit like Darth Vader.

I WILL STILL LOVE HER!

But I will also heal her because well c'mon. It'd be stupid not to.

For his WHAT!?!?!

His what, secret documents? That's silly, have no idea what you're talking about.

🤨

Wouldn't surprise me, or maybe she's somebody in the development team's waifu.

What shit taste.

I know.

You could kinda argue that Eternatus is some kind of Ultra Beast. It kinda give me a UB feeling in design at least.

Yeah it does. 

It might just be like them but just not from a place in Ultra Space or however the fuck that all works.

I'm gonna be generous and maybe say he got a lead on Nastasia's secret lab in the swamp. 

I feel like the whole blind with superpowers thing was a mistake considering Crawli might be the least relevant gym leader in the whole game to the main plot.

I slap your generosity to the ground and call you a fool. He obviously ran there to hide from the Team Xen members on his island like the coward he is.

To be fair, Specter exists.

Congrats on beating up a blind person!

He never saw it coming.

Well, that's what editing is for, I suppose. At least you can be satisfied you crushed their hopes and dreams?

And it's what I'll use it for.

That's not enough. I must also take their freedom.

Dramatic Irony at its finest, which is like 20 percent of what this run/game is made off. So it fits.

20% Dramatic Irony and 80% Luck.

That's the Terribly Titled Nuzlocke Strategy.

Gee thanks.

Expand  

Well now we got that one Ironman screenshot run antigaround (all I can say is good luck, they're gonna need it) at least.

In fairness to past you, I don't think anyone was doing what Pika was doing when you started. It was either screenshot runs, written runs, or full on comics. 

Though you might have severely underestimated how long this game would take to finish.

Yes...anitgaround...a man who DARES step into my Nuzlocking territory just like Pikafan did for Reborn.

The walls are closing in on me, Dex. New blood will soon replace mine! I must destroy them before it's too late!

True. Most just used different coloured texts and fonts for their Pokemon instead of going the extra mile.

It's a far superior way of telling a story than what I'm doing at least.

That is the TRUE horror of a blind run of a in-development game title. I'll be here forever and even then I'm going to dread when the ending finally comes because that's it. Story's over. Bye-Bye Rose, Bye-bye Caesar, bye-bye...everyone.

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

Such a nice trainer you are getting Tsareena a tablet. I'm sure she'll download nothing bad. . . hopefully.

It's a Kindle which is...more restrictive, I think?

I'm not actually sure.

Anabel having rift matter is probably the least contrived thing to happen in this section of the game, just gotta roll with it. 

I don't even care about how she got it. I care about how she got the information about how it works already.
How many Pokemon did Interpol torture and kill for that information?

All these rift mons, thinking about that Rift Chandelure that you fought. Starting to think there are just like dozens of these monsters lying around Aevium that you have to clean up. Be one hell of a postgame sidequest, if you did that kind of a thing for the nuzlocke.

I'd prefer it if they weren't forgotten beasts strewn about the region. 

I'd actually like this innocent seeming side-quest to have massive repercussions and Interpol unleashes them onto the world to take over.

The Team Xen Rocket gag was hilarious, I'm honestly shocked no one in game has parodied the motto. Probably one of the Bladestar grunts or Team Anti Help or whatever the hell they're called.

Glad you liked it!

I think they might have done in newer versions?

All I know is there's a "Xen Pose" later on in the game that I'd never seen before so some things have changed in that regard.

Maybe I'm wasting my time doing this Nuzlocke...

Honestly, if you have fun with it keep doing it. Though I'm honestly not sure how to translate all this into making money in any kind of way. Unless you wanna like write novels or something.

I do enjoy doing it and making the jokes but I'm reaching that point in my life where I thought I'd have figured it all out at least a little, y'know? But I guess that was just the folly of youth and growing up in the better times we used to live in 10-20 years ago.

Hahaha, maybe if I stand outside the Raid Shadow Legends HQ with my hat in hand, they'd give me a sponsorship?

With the secret base, you'd think there'd be some kind of security. A grunt or two on lookout at least. Maybe Flora just forgot or figured the Rift mon could fend for itself.

They were REALLY banking on that gate keeping everyone out.

Which annoyingly worked until we came along.

I'm sure it'll be a nice friendly super Audino with thousands of Rare Candies at the end. Ain't Flora just the nicest?

That's Flora to a T right there.

She's such a sweetheart.

On 5/11/2022 at 6:23 AM, VMeemes said:

think Jan said something about this actually? That while Reborn's release is ongoing, the forums for Rejuvenation were going to be hidden (though when this was said at the time, the forums were just gone. Couldn't even access the Rejuv side of things). Though as of now? Don't know why its still hidden. Probably for safety reasons, as you said with Nintendo copyright.

Gotta stay low and undercover until Reborn is released to non-website members, I think.

There's not much happening with Rejuvenation lately anyway.

Most of what's been posted here recently is either this run updating or someone asking for help with the game.

Can't imagine what a Nuzlocke of the game is like, I was just seeing what the latest messages were. Should check this series out sometime.

AAAAHHH! AN INTRUDER SPYING ON MY COMMENTS!

Well this isn't really a typical Nuzlocke as it is a clown making jokes while he plays a Nuzlocke in the background.

Give it a go if you get an evening free.

Got some good news. The new version of Rejuvenation gives you way more dialogue choices. Now you can go the whole game being a prick to anyone you want (namely Venam and Melia) and they can’t do a thing about it since you’re the only one who wins all the battles so they have to keep you around.

• Sad 1

Rift Ferrothorn, funny story - back when I played this I used Leech Seed on it and the drain effect completely healed my Pokémon every turn. That thing has stupidly high HP.

Also you're a lot nicer to Erick now than during the whole Rift Garbodor thing. Must've been Melia and Veronica souring your mood eh?

"Next thing you know, Venam will turn out to have been a nuclear technician this whooooole time."

Wasn't Veronica supposed to be good with chemistry or something? At least her gym has that poison-mixing puzzle going on and if a gym makes you do something that usually means that the leader is an expert at it.

simp has been in the internet vernacular for that long?

jesus christ

was that an mmo raid boss holy crap

great job on doing it deathless though

my first thought about battle anime about yoyos was that one yugioh chapter featuring joeys old gang leader but no theres a subpar shonen for every boys activity it seems

wow ZEL is just comically useless if a teenager can just make their own better pulse like that

or jan fell into the common fanfiction trap of making you own oc more super special awesome then the other fanfic writers oc

but I prefer the first option because zero and eve deserve nothing

that freaking ferrothorn was a nightmare for things like this i always have 1 or 2 Pokemon with status moves on the team but you didn't lose anyone so that's good

Team Meteor didn't have the PULSE technology till ZEL so yeah it can't be that long ago

Flora build what? Ahhh Jan just can't stop making his characters good at basically everything

Always love how you and your pokemon are in an intense battle and then you just start having a random rant or conversation about something while everyone just waits, they are very polite to wait. 
Also I don't think there ever was a co-leader of bladestar, played all the way through v13 and still found no sign of this supposed second leader.

So I just found out something about Flora and the PULSE

Reborn Ep19 spoilers:

Spoiler

Flora shows up in one of the Legendary quests and you "get to" help her study the PULSE machines. "Get to" meaning you have to, if you don't the quest won't complete which means you can't advance to the proper end of the game. Tt's not just any chill quest either, you're expected to refight the Elite 4 with Flora as your partner. Which means you only get to use three of your own Pokémon.

And throughout the whole thing Flora is about as lovely as you'd expect - meaning she's a giant cunt who makes only the barest, extremely unconvincing effort to hide the fact she's trying to build her own PULSE machine. Eve even fucking asks you to go along with it because she's hoping Flora can fix the problem of PULSE harming the Pokémon.

This is such a tremendous bullshit quest I don't even know how to react to it. Rejuvenation managed to make me not want to play Reborn, fucking incredible.

Spoiler

On 5/14/2022 at 11:54 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Christ, don't say that.

I almost panicked until I remembered you guys have a different Mother's Day than us.

Wow you guys have it way earlier than us. Only notable holiday we have in March is St Patrick's Day, or Spring Break if your in school.

That is what I call a you problem. But seriously I understand, like the only really suitable cutoff point is the end of the Alternate timeline arc. Nothing else really fits to be honest.

They've never actually brought anyone to court over it and you can still play Uranium as easily as you could back then.

I dunno, there was a Metroid fangame that got hit with C&D order and was basically kicked off the web. Feels like a roll of the die at times.

Okay yeah that's fair, it is a lot to go through for an ongoing story. 

Considering Rose, yeah that would work. Name it Thorn if you're feeling a bit cliche.

So you say. Who's to say you aren't just some very elaborate program created by Jan to advertise his game!?

Oh so is mine. Because it came out when I was 12 and an innocent boy with no internet.

Same. It's more of a lack of free time for me than anything else now. Plus there's new stuff I haven't played yet as well.

I've still not finished Elden Ring even though I really like it. It's just every time I think about playing it, I go "Ah but I should really finish editing those photos for the Nuzlocke" and then when I finish THAT the computer is there in front of my so I just play something casual on that.

The cycle never ends...

Wish I could say the same, think I've had some kind of internet access since I was about 10 and it been downhill ever since in some ways.

God I can't even be bothered to play games released within a year or so, got a huge backlog of older stuff to try and/or finish. Tales of Berseria, Nier, The Final Fantasy VII remake ugh. . .

I can actually make a guess, but I choose to be surprised and/or amused when it becomes relevant in 2027.

Like I like the idea of me jetting off to a foreign land to stop some evil. It just screams "non-canon anime movie".

Okay how about Anabel and Looker abduct YOU, and you gotta fight your way out of a foreign land? Or Rose organizes a rescue party and comes and busts you out. 

I'll need the space for my Pokemon so more like an entire island for myself. due to the varying types I have. Like a jungle for Caesar or a valley for Rose.

I'm a loner by choice but the choice is often taken from me by people who want to drag me into the burning sunlight.

Very true. Atheism has become it's own unorganised religious movement and it's hilarious.

I'm a devout believer in Apathetism myself. Like if there is or isn't a God it don't really matter. I'm not going to go around eating babies just because eternal damnation might await me. I'm not going to do it because wft that's evil.

If there is a God and I meet him in heaven I'll be like "Wow...there's that question answered. Now please reincarnate me into the Pokemon world, thanks."

Heh imagine something like that island where Pokemon Snap takes place.

I wasn't exactly a social butterfly myself, but the last few years have exacerbated the issue for various. 

Ironic, atheism became the very thing it sought to combat.

I'd be careful there, you could be reincarnated in Aevium or the Reborn Region.

I WILL STILL LOVE HER!

Assuming she doesn't pull a Vader and bite the dust moments after a heartfelt moment between the two of you. 

I slap your generosity to the ground and call you a fool. He obviously ran there to hide from the Team Xen members on his island like the coward he is.

All apart of his cunning plan to lull Team Xen in a false sense of security.

And I was literally just reminded this guy exists, where are they pulling these people from? Be nice if we could get them to help with the whole Team Xen thing.

Yes...anitgaround...a man who DARES step into my Nuzlocking territory just like Pikafan did for Reborn.

The walls are closing in on me, Dex. New blood will soon replace mine! I must destroy them before it's too late!

True. Most just used different coloured texts and fonts for their Pokemon instead of going the extra mile.

That is the TRUE horror of a blind run of a in-development game title. I'll be here forever and even then I'm going to dread when the ending finally comes because that's it. Story's over. Bye-Bye Rose, Bye-bye Caesar, bye-bye...everyone.

Don't worry, it'll probably just be Pikafan and antingaround doing screenshot runs. The other New Blood either runs away screaming or gets wiped out early before even considering recording the run.

. . . You could get a pet lizard and name her Rose, a ball of yarn and name it Caesar, a stress ball and name it Melia?

I'm not actually sure.

Unfortunately there's good old erotica on Kindle too. Like hardcore stuff too, there just warning you now.

I don't even care about how she got it. I care about how she got the information about how it works already.

Better keep watch on your mons lest one "mysteriously dissappers". That's your non canon anime movie plot there, they kidnap Rose to text Rift matter on her.

I'd actually like this innocent seeming side-quest to have massive repercussions and Interpol unleashes them onto the world to take over.

And you gotta team up with Team Xen, Bladestar, Anti Assist, plus Angie and her army of Maids to put a stop to them.

Glad you liked it!

All I know is there's a "Xen Pose" later on in the game that I'd never seen before so some things have changed in that regard.

Oh yeah they do that. But its not as funny, because you know they're killing people instead of mostly harmless Jesse, James and Meowth.

I do enjoy doing it and making the jokes but I'm reaching that point in my life where I thought I'd have figured it all out at least a little, y'know? But I guess that was just the folly of youth and growing up in the better times we used to live in 10-20 years ago.

Hahaha, maybe if I stand outside the Raid Shadow Legends HQ with my hat in hand, they'd give me a sponsorship?

Less better times and more we have adult responsibilities now. Fun stuff like bills.

They honestly might, I swear damn near every video I clicked on like a year ago was sponsored by them.

To be more fair to them than they probably deserve, it was way out in the woods/swamp/etc?

She'
s such a sweetheart.

Clearly the real endgame is Sean x Flora. With a messy divorce and custody battle after the credits roll at the end of the game.

Chapter replies:

Spoiler

Look it's Erick, he's pretty cool. Honestly one of the better gym leaders personality wise. Too bad him being here ends up being meaningless. Hell they could have made it a double battle with you and Erick teaming up. God knows you needed as much help as you could get in that fight.

The song fits all to well, considering you are more or less at war with these yahoos. Reinhart flying into action in the picture made me laugh.

You'd think Looker would think Anabel can take care of herself, but I guess not. Hell she has a mon that can mega evolve if Sun/Moon is any indication. You wont even get that for another god know how many chapters.

You'd think Flora would have some kind of better security than that. But maybe she's counting on the fact that any intruders who get into the chamber would get taken care of by the rift mon. 

Which in this case she's not completely wrong. Because holy crap that was a battle. I genuinely thought Bass was going to bite it there when that Drill Run hit. Field effects are BS I swear. And the poor guys not even the top dragon on your team, shame.

Also "Not very effective" hits doing a huge amount of damage is probably one of the most infuriating things to see in Pokemon when your on the receiving end.

Also the health boost up from the Form Change was just a jerk move on Jan's part. God a ground type would have made this fight a hell of a lot easier, assuming it didn't leveled trying to get  hit in.

And for all your troubles you get "Dark Material", still not the worst award from a help quest sadly.

Man I wanna talk more about Flora in Reborn but that's MAJOR Ep 19 spoilers. 

Pokemon Biology makes no sense, biologists in that world either get drunk or stop caring altogether and roll with it at this point.

You, Salazzle, and Rose beating that Rift mon up is funny, but the sad part is that she'll barely feel it honestly.

This whole thing ALMOST makes you miss the main plot.

On 5/14/2022 at 11:29 PM, Bluedude said:

Got some good news. The new version of Rejuvenation gives you way more dialogue choices. Now you can go the whole game being a prick to anyone you want (namely Venam and Melia) and they can’t do a thing about it since you’re the only one who wins all the battles so they have to keep you around.

Welp, Venam has like more Neutral choices than Good choices lol, meanwhile Melia has relationship points for like EVERYTHING in the game, so pay attention to be a jerk.

About the player...

MC's gang in a nutshell:

Rift Pokèmon? Nah, it's a player's problem. Occasionally Melia and Ren's, too.

Team Xen and Admins? Nah, it's player and Melia's problem.

Giratina? "X is so strong, he can do it!"

Yveltal? Player, it's up to you!

Gardevoir? Nope. Ren and the player are enough.

Only Player, Melia and Ren usually do the big. Aelita rarely, Venam is too weak for everything even Rift Galvantula, Erin is more a tactician than a battler.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey.

We're back here again?

Neat.

Well here have the latest chapter that you might have missed out on.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-138-derogatory-trainers-day-off.1076/page-75#post-871155

And now I can actually do your Replies!

Huzzah:

Spoiler
On 5/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, Bluedude said:

That's not good news. I've already played up until the end of V12 so I missed all the dialogue choices, I could have made.

NOW I'M STUCK WITH ALL OF THEM LOVING ME AND PULLING ME INTO GROUP HUGS!

THIS NIGHTMARE NEVER ENDS.

On 5/15/2022 at 2:09 AM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Rift Ferrothorn, funny story - back when I played this I used Leech Seed on it and the drain effect completely healed my Pokémon every turn. That thing has stupidly high HP.

Also you're a lot nicer to Erick now than during the whole Rift Garbodor thing. Must've been Melia and Veronica souring your mood eh?

"Next thing you know, Venam will turn out to have been a nuclear technician this whooooole time."

Wasn't Veronica supposed to be good with chemistry or something? At least her gym has that poison-mixing puzzle going on and if a gym makes you do something that usually means that the leader is an expert at it.

Ahhhh! Because it's not a Grass type anymore that would have worked!

FUCK, wish I'd thought of it. Might have been a bit risky with the amount of Fire Lashes it was throwing out though.

I was actually more annoyed at the Garbodor getting credit for Cybus' beating that Gyarados than anything else. But yeah, they didn't help things.

Oh is that the new thing now? Well that makes sense but BOY am i never letting her near any food again.

A teenage girl knowing a lot about making actual poisons feels like a massive red-flag tbh.

On 5/15/2022 at 6:55 AM, YinYang9705 said:

simp has been in the internet vernacular for that long?

jesus christ

was that an mmo raid boss holy crap

great job on doing it deathless though

my first thought about battle anime about yoyos was that one yugioh chapter featuring joeys old gang leader but no theres a subpar shonen for every boys activity it seems

wow ZEL is just comically useless if a teenager can just make their own better pulse like that

or jan fell into the common fanfiction trap of making you own oc more super special awesome then the other fanfic writers oc

but I prefer the first option because zero and eve deserve nothing

It's probably been longer. I'm just behind the times as usual.

It was a struggle to be sure but glad it's over with now.

Can't wait for the Tic Tac Toe shonen anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxCukwjjhhg

Oh. It's already a thing, kinda.

Let's be real, Jan didn't fall into that trap, he swan-dived into it fully aware of what he was doing.

I prefer that option as well because they kind of annoy me too.

I think the real answer is that Flora stole most of Eve's work into a safe Pulse.

The concept of which makes no fucking sense because if you're drawing more power from a Pokemon it's always going to stress it out.

That's how it works.

On 5/15/2022 at 5:04 PM, Gaunt said:

that freaking ferrothorn was a nightmare for things like this i always have 1 or 2 Pokemon with status moves on the team but you didn't lose anyone so that's good

Team Meteor didn't have the PULSE technology till ZEL so yeah it can't be that long ago

Flora build what? Ahhh Jan just can't stop making his characters good at basically everything

I probably should have but even then the only status effects I could have used were paralysis and sleep. And unfortunately, this thing knew a ground move and all my sleepers were part-Grass type.

5 years is what most people are saying. So the likes of Shelly are the same age as Venam. And Reborn Sean is like 33 now.

Everything EXCEPT common sense. Let's not forget that.

On 5/15/2022 at 7:29 PM, Z.. said:

Always love how you and your pokemon are in an intense battle and then you just start having a random rant or conversation about something while everyone just waits, they are very polite to wait. 
Also I don't think there ever was a co-leader of bladestar, played all the way through v13 and still found no sign of this supposed second leader.

Haha those conversations happen in microseconds so it's all good. Nobody notices it.

It's Ryland, no? I always assumed it was him.

On 5/16/2022 at 9:41 PM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

So I just found out something about Flora and the PULSE

Reborn Ep19 spoilers:

Spoiler

Flora shows up in one of the Legendary quests and you "get to" help her study the PULSE machines. "Get to" meaning you have to, if you don't the quest won't complete which means you can't advance to the proper end of the game. Tt's not just any chill quest either, you're expected to refight the Elite 4 with Flora as your partner. Which means you only get to use three of your own Pokémon.

And throughout the whole thing Flora is about as lovely as you'd expect - meaning she's a giant cunt who makes only the barest, extremely unconvincing effort to hide the fact she's trying to build her own PULSE machine. Eve even fucking asks you to go along with it because she's hoping Flora can fix the problem of PULSE harming the Pokémon.

This is such a tremendous bullshit quest I don't even know how to react to it. Rejuvenation managed to make me not want to play Reborn, fucking incredible.

God. I bet nobody enjoyed doing that quest. Being forced to placate some bitch like that after all you've done would rankle anyone.

I'm probably going to kill her depending on how hard she pushes me.

Only problem is it'll have to be an ambiguous murder attempt like pushing her off the Lesbian Falls waterfall since she's alive in Rejuvenation (for now)

But MAN do I want to choke her.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:23 AM, Dex said:
Spoiler
On 5/17/2022 at 2:23 AM, Dex said:

On 5/14/2022 at 4:54 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Christ, don't say that.

Wow you guys have it way earlier than us. Only notable holiday we have in March is St Patrick's Day, or Spring Break if your in school.

Fucking hate those days.

Where's 1st Born Son day, huh? Why don't I get a third gift day?

That is what I call a you problem. But seriously I understand, like the only really suitable cutoff point is the end of the Alternate timeline arc. Nothing else really fits to be honest.

Yeah that was the decision I came to as well. This part ends with Melia staring off a cliff saying how "She'll defeat Madame X" so at least we'll be going out on a laugh despite the myriad of deaths that happened this Part

I dunno, there was a Metroid fangame that got hit with C&D order and was basically kicked off the web. Feels like a roll of the die at times.

I think they made it up honestly. Some fan-game developers did that before to escape having to admit they gave up.

Okay yeah that's fair, it is a lot to go through for an ongoing story. 

From my spying on the Nuzlocke Discord, they agree.

The bastards.

Considering Rose, yeah that would work. Name it Thorn if you're feeling a bit cliche.

I'm not some wanker who names his weapons!

Pokemon don't count as weapons, do they?

So you say. Who's to say you aren't just some very elaborate program created by Jan to advertise his game!?

Hahaha, I'm the controlled opposition?

That'd be a hell of a twist.

The cycle never ends...

Expand  

Wish I could say the same, think I've had some kind of internet access since I was about 10 and it been downhill ever since in some ways.

God I can't even be bothered to play games released within a year or so, got a huge backlog of older stuff to try and/or finish. Tales of Berseria, Nier, The Final Fantasy VII remake ugh. . .

I made it to 17 with the only internet being Facebook on my flip-phone. I don't think I spent much time doing anything online until I started doing this run either. THEN came the sharp decline into madness.

Yeahhhh...I'm just like...naaaahhhh...

Not too interested in much lately anyway. The Harry Potter game coming out might be good at least.

I can actually make a guess, but I choose to be surprised and/or amused when it becomes relevant in 2027.

I was linked to Jan's tumblr and he said we're like a crystal gem so I had to watch a few Steven Universe episodes to get what that meant.

Spoiler

But now you know why there's walls of flesh outside my room. The room where I live is actually the Black Box located inside the main character's chest. 

Okay how about Anabel and Looker abduct YOU, and you gotta fight your way out of a foreign land? Or Rose organizes a rescue party and comes and busts you out. 

No.

Because I'll never accept that I was able to be abducted by either of those two idiots.

If anything I'll probably be invading said foreign land.

Expand  

Heh imagine something like that island where Pokemon Snap takes place.

I wasn't exactly a social butterfly myself, but the last few years have exacerbated the issue for various. 

Ironic, atheism became the very thing it sought to combat.

I'd be careful there, you could be reincarnated in Aevium or the Reborn Region.

That's pretty much what I'm going for, yeah. 

I can usually fake it pretty well but EVERY social gathering I inevitably get a headache about an hour after I've separated from them.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DESTROY THE ZEALOTS, NOT JOIN THEM!" "BRING BALANCE TO THE WORLD, NOT LEAVE IT IN THE DARK AGES!"

I'd jump at the opportunity actually. Can you imagine me, able to move and talk freely, in the those games?

I'd be unstoppable.

Could shove a Blissey Egg down Amaria's throat so she stops being so fucking sad all the time, could actually tell people when something is a trap, could cheat and just attack the Grunts instead of wasting time with a 6v6 Pokemon battle...

It'd be amazing.

I WILL STILL LOVE HER!

Assuming she doesn't pull a Vader and bite the dust moments after a heartfelt moment between the two of you. 

Yeah that's probably what will happen.

At least I might get an award out of it? And then I can refuse the reward because I'm better than all of Hollywood and don't need their approval over what I do.

All apart of his cunning plan to lull Team Xen in a false sense of security.

And I was literally just reminded this guy exists, where are they pulling these people from? Be nice if we could get them to help with the whole Team Xen thing.

Oh yes. He lost to Nastasia on purpose so she'd underestimate me. It all makes sense now.

I think they have a tournament to decide who gets to be one?

It's at least a better system than Reborn's "are you related to someone already in the league? Yes? Well he's your Gym, pal!"

Expand  

Don't worry, it'll probably just be Pikafan and antingaround doing screenshot runs. The other New Blood either runs away screaming or gets wiped out early before even considering recording the run.

. . . You could get a pet lizard and name her Rose, a ball of yarn and name it Caesar, a stress ball and name it Melia?

I'll be watching them VERY carefully from now on...I will not be dethroned...

These all sound like VERY healthy coping mechanisms. 

Better than jumping off a cliff and hoping I get isekai'd into Aevium at least.

I'm not actually sure.

Unfortunately there's good old erotica on Kindle too. Like hardcore stuff too, there just warning you now.

"SIRI, HOW DO I INSTALL A CHILD LOCK ON A KINDLE!?"

Better keep watch on your mons lest one "mysteriously dissappers". That's your non canon anime movie plot there, they kidnap Rose to test Rift matter on her.

Haha

Hahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No.

They'd have to write a new Bible because the amount of devastation I'd rain down if that happened would make God look like a pussy.

And you gotta team up with Team Xen, Bladestar, Anti Assist, plus Angie and her army of Maids to put a stop to them.

None of those things will exist by the time Interpol is ready to take over.

Team Xen will be dead, Bladestar will be mostly dead (Florin included if he tries and "reforms" any of them) Angie will be dead because she's been reverted to Anju again.

Glad you liked it!

Oh yeah they do that. But its not as funny, because you know they're killing people instead of mostly harmless Jesse, James and Meowth.

Yeah I kicked those fuckers out into the desert to be killed by the X-Grunt when the opportunity came up.

Then I killed the X-Grunt.

Less better times and more we have adult responsibilities now. Fun stuff like bills.

They honestly might, I swear damn near every video I clicked on like a year ago was sponsored by them.

Nah it was definitely better times compared to this decade at least.

Better get my cockney orphan outfit together than.

Hello govenor *ahem* 'Ello govenor *ahem* 'Ello Guv'ner, spare us a crumb of a sponsorship?

To be more fair to them than they probably deserve, it was way out in the woods/swamp/etc?

Back in those days it was literally right next to the entrance to Honey Woods or whatever it was called.

There was no pain in the ass swamp to travel, just a short path and then you'd see it.

She'
s such a sweetheart.

Clearly the real endgame is Sean x Flora. With a messy divorce and custody battle after the credits roll at the end of the game.

I think I'd just kill her and not have to deal with all that legal nonsense.

Chapter replies:

Spoiler

Look it's Erick, he's pretty cool. Honestly one of the better gym leaders personality wise. Too bad him being here ends up being meaningless. Hell they could have made it a double battle with you and Erick teaming up. God knows you needed as much help as you could get in that fight.

Until V13 where's he turns into an anime loving retard. Who was ALSO lying about his natural hair colour like everyone else.

But he's still an okay guy.

Oh man, no. Fuck Double Battles with an NPC. Aside from that one battle with Aelita they're usually torture.

The song fits all to well, considering you are more or less at war with these yahoos. Reinhart flying into action in the picture made me laugh.

Ahaha glad you liked it.

Yeah he pretty much just jumped at them like a torpedo.

You'd think Looker would think Anabel can take care of herself, but I guess not. Hell she has a mon that can mega evolve if Sun/Moon is any indication. You wont even get that for another god know how many chapters.

WOMEN!? TAKE CARE OF...THEMSELVES!? Not in THIS timeline!

She's also got a MASSIVE Intelligence and Wisdom debuff from being a member of a police force so maybe she never even considered using her Pokemon?

Oh and it's...roughly 70 chapters until then?

You'd think Flora would have some kind of better security than that. But maybe she's counting on the fact that any intruders who get into the chamber would get taken care of by the rift mon.

It's Flora and Bladestar. My expectations of them are VERY low.

Which in this case she's not completely wrong. Because holy crap that was a battle. I genuinely thought Bass was going to bite it there when that Drill Run hit. Field effects are BS I swear. And the poor guys not even the top dragon on your team, shame.

T-top flying type though!

Yeah it was actually a worse scare than Rose solely because I would have been the one who unwittingly caused the death.

I think the panic of a move that's not supposed to be able to hit hitting Bass elevated my fear.

Also "Not very effective" hits doing a huge amount of damage is probably one of the most infuriating things to see in Pokemon when your on the receiving end.

That textbox got it's comeuppance in the end. Hopefully that'll teach it to behave next time.

I want it to say "It's not very effective but due to the massive buffs the Pokemon you are fighting has, it might has well not have been."

It's a little wordy but we'll work on it.

Also the health boost up from the Form Change was just a jerk move on Jan's part. God a ground type would have made this fight a hell of a lot easier, assuming it didn't leveled trying to get  hit in.

There's also that thing where if you use too many Ground type moves in caves the ceiling will collapse on top of both Pokemon and KO them instantly.

So it wasn't as good an option as you think. At least this one worked out with no deaths.

And for all your troubles you get "Dark Material", still not the worst award from a help quest sadly.

That wasn't the reward though. I just FOUND this lying in a cave.

My reward was half a weeks wages on minimum wage and a sticker.

Wahoo.

Man I wanna talk more about Flora in Reborn but that's MAJOR Ep 19 spoilers. 

Even if it wasn't spoilers I don't want to talk about her.

She is irrelevant for the rest of Part 3 and that's how I likes it.

Pokemon Biology makes no sense, biologists in that world either get drunk or stop caring altogether and roll with it at this point.

Wonder if that's how Valarie copes with being a marine biologist?

How exactly do you explain the Drizzle Ability? Or Cloud Nine?

You, Salazzle, and Rose beating that Rift mon up is funny, but the sad part is that she'll barely feel it honestly.

...She'll?

This whole thing ALMOST makes you miss the main plot.

Patrolling the Mohave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

On 5/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, NerfCaulifla said:
On 5/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, NerfCaulifla said:
On 5/14/2022 at 10:29 PM, Bluedude said:

Welp, Venam has like more Neutral choices than Good choices lol, meanwhile Melia has relationship points for like EVERYTHING in the game, so pay attention to be a jerk.

About the player...

MC's gang in a nutshell:

Rift Pokèmon? Nah, it's a player's problem. Occasionally Melia and Ren's, too.

Team Xen and Admins? Nah, it's player and Melia's problem.

Giratina? "X is so strong, he can do it!"

Yveltal? Player, it's up to you!

Gardevoir? Nope. Ren and the player are enough.

Only Player, Melia and Ren usually do the big. Aelita rarely, Venam is too weak for everything even Rift Galvantula, Erin is more a tactician than a battler.

Too little too late I'm afraid...Melia already trusts me "with all her heart".

The entire group is literally riding my coattails to success.

The next chapter will be out shortly so get any replies you want to this chapter in fast, okay?

Okay.

God. I bet nobody enjoyed doing that quest. Being forced to placate some bitch like that after all you've done would rankle anyone.

[...]

But MAN do I want to choke her.

Yeah, same.

Honestly the very idea of using Flora of all people for a crossover quest is just really weird to me. I get Jan probably wanted to show how she started her work on the PULSE but, I mean, she's Flora. Admittedly I'm slightly behind on Rejuv but she's like an arc villain at best, right? And there's something like three to six potential final bosses running around, depending on how you count. But the one we get is Flora and she doesn't even have anything to do with the Legendary her quest is about.

It's all just kinda really lame, especially when you compare it to the other crossover quest that actually uses someone important from that game.

And isn't this the real world equivalent of like...190 dollars?

You risked your Pokemons' lives for less than I earn in a day and it's not even skilled work I do.

re: moving sprites

most fangames use plain .png files for their sprites so replacing them with any common animated file type should be possible. Pretty sure I used an animated .gif sprite for some Pokemon some years back. Although the new way Reborn handles sprites would probably make that more complicated.

"Code:Statia"

So how is that Madelis redemption arc coming along?

re:evolutions

You got any plans for Silvally? It has a cool concept that could make it really versatile but the balanced out stats are kinda rough. Although I hear rejuv gives it one of those Crest items that makes it a lot better.

Silvally is one of my favs from recent generations, can't quite tell if that means I want to see more of it or not see it get dragged into Aevian nonsense.

Rapidash has 105 Speed and 100 Atk, gets some nice moves from the relearner. Honestly you've used far worse mons.

Old US commercials are weird as fuck.

RPG party thing:

Spoiler

image.png.c5ef01771aa6c6d06041bb87502b539f.png

Is Shaman a support class? I hope so because I wouldn't want to have to play support.

Finally, it's time

the Fix Aelita* Arc™

*Aelita not included