The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3 Finale: Remember, I Wuv You (05/12/23)

On 10/7/2021 at 3:21 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

I NEED MORE SOU-I MEAN READERS, DEX! MOOOORRRREEEE!!!

I don't think I have any favourites myself...maybe the tournament when we get to it?

They never migrated to the new land like I did. 

But the ones that did and still have only commented after the first chapter saying "this run looks interesting" were LIARS.

Spoiler

"This run looks interesting" is shorthand for I might like this but I don't wanna commit to reading in my opinion. It's the cowards way of commenting on something. That just the way forums go. People can and do just up and stop posting for whatever reason.

WELL FUCK JAN FOR NOT DOING IT SOONER!

Because now my ENTIRE run is obsolete and everyone will MOCK me for it!

Let's be honest, that one was inevitable. Don't worry, we wont mock you for that, we'll surely find something else.

No.

Not even when I reach Level 85 can I buy them.

All I have is MILK.

Yeah that sounds about right. Who would have thought MooMoo Milk would be such a lifesaver. How much more do you have at this point?

Well where am I going to get a ZUBAT, Dex?

Don't you know how rare and valuable they are in the Aevium region!?

I burned down a whole town for one!

Oh god the Zubat sidequest. Man I like Crobat and it's a pretty decent mon, but its not lock behind a sidequest good. Quite frankly I no mon is besides maybe a few broken Legendaries.

MY MENTAL ENERGIES WERE LOW, DEX!
I'M A CONSTITUTION/STRENGTH BUILD! I AIN'T GOT NO TIME FOR SISSY MAGIC!

I'm sure you were. You can even blame it on brain damage dealing with all the stupidity in the region

Marianette turns you into a bird?

The FUCK is going on in that version?

No no, I mean she gives you a nickname. Honestly, being turned into a bird wouldn't even make top 10 on the weird shit that went on in this region.

I liked them too.

Rrrright up until we had to climb Eclypsia Pyramid. Then I started to heavily dislike them.

That whoooole fucking segment annoyed the hell out of me.

Yeah that would do it. Also those mechanical Pokemon are terrifying to fight.

Yes I did.

I had to react to the scene to give you all a few chuckles.

The most noble intentions of all...

Gotta commit to your craft, even if it means potential misdemeanors.

Everything and anything for pointless extension of the game.

Like does asthma stop you from saying the Stoner's incredibly short name? I don't think so.

Quite frankly you could pare down a lot of stuff and make this game a hell of a lot shorter. There really don't need to be 18 gym leaders. 

Why are you all so STUPID?

It's clearly a MEDUSA!

GOD SO DUMB!

We've all be around Aevium too long, whatever's there is contagious. A gorgon like Pokemon would be a cool idea, honestly. 

Onto the chapter proper:

Spoiler

Yes, your haircut makes you look like a dork and nothing else. Man the people around here must be heavy sleepers, you'd think a man and his fire breathing lioness brawling would make more noise. 

My good Flounder Sean is not a Charlatan, he's clearly a hack.

Yeah it was always gonna be Venam that was likely to get stoned in retrospect Can't be Melia because she moves the plot forward, and can't be you because you have to play the game. All the other people we don't know nearly well enough to get the required reaction.

That Loss comic panel has been memed so much that it's probably broken some kind of record. I've always been morbidly curious to the thought process behind the scenes that made them think that was a good idea to go with.

I'd like to think Melia flash reaction was to your terra-ble jokes. Also it's incredible how much that I don't want help, I don't need help mindset is gonna bite everyone in the ass later.

Baby Machop would probably still put someone in traction, I sure wouldn't test it. 

Yeah, honestly that cutscene with Nim and Crescent should have been held off till much later, like when the show the whole Lorna chasing Venam and Lavender scene in full. 

Rose is your best Pokemon friend. . . probably best friend in general with Aelita coming in second. She knows you all too well dude. Just gotta accept it.

To be fair when you got dumped into Lava, in universe you came right back (at least I think that's how it went) like second later. For Jenner, she did get righteously angry at Geara at least. Not much of a defense really but it's all I got.

What are ambulances but trucks for sick people anyway? Look at this way, GDC is just being honest. Also sure hope Venam and Lav have good medical insurance.

If it's anything like here in the states, they're probably better off just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best before calling an ambulance.

I would be furious if someone just ate all my food. All things considered if I were Rhodea, I'd take a long vacation by the end of the game between all this and various V13 related stuff.

Man kids are mean. "I mean it's bad they're hurt but we're okay and that's what matters". Alice has clearly spent too much time around you.

Yep, time to go to the land of dreams. Be very happy you aren't in V13, there's some legendary surprises with the changes to it. 

Falling asleep on the floor is perfectly valid sleeping method.

EDIT: Sorry for the odd formatting with the Comment Replies, I borked putting everything in a spoiler and just got tired of fighting with it after awhile. 

I'd give you shit for not knowing PaTD but I didnt know who post malone was and his music gets literal billions of views

so I'm just gonna assume they got popular just a bit too late for you

>not capitalizing God

damn it jan if you're gonna refer to a singular God at least do it right

silly sean everyone knows girlfirends are more important then fathers

at least thats what life is strange taught me and thats never wrong!

no the batman puppet villain is called the ventriloquist

and theres 3 of them for some goddamn reason

hey this time the dream world is an actual pokemon thing!

sure it was just the gen5 online incentive and not whatever the fuck jan is doing with it but this time theres precedent for it!

I think there's another regional form you can obtain in a previous area because it's a static encounter with an overworld sprite. What interesting about this regional form is that it has a zombielike ability.  To capture it, you do require a certain item which...

...I'm not gonna tell you. Haha.

Isn't breathing an involuntary instructed by the brain? Otherwise, humans have to tell the body to breath every second...does this mean the twins are brainless? Should had seen that coming.

I told you dude. People are OVEReacting to this stone crisis. Not to mention, turning to stone is such an overdone trope it's hard to feel anything about it. 

Now, if there's a time limit, that might make things more interesting. Like say, the victims can only stay in solid rock form for a certain duration before they turn into dust because...magic. 

Which sounds waaay cooler! Horrifying, but cooler!

Pfft! Hahahahah! Man, your  puns are solid!...or I'm really weak to puns. Although I feel like there's a missed opportunity to comment how Veronica rock those legs. You know, when she used to wear a skirt. Because those thighs man, they made penises everywhere go har-I'm gonna stop now. 

Melia: I don't need your help! I don't need anybody's help!

Ambulance: Is that so? Well then, you can carry that slab of concrete by yourself! I'll be off, in case there are other people that  ACTUALLY need my help. Hmmph! *vrooms away, leaving lot of people confused'

...Speaking of vehicles, there hasn't been a talking vehicle/object in Rejuvenation yet, right? I don't count robots, obviously

I honestly don't get why people want men to cry. Why would I lwant to lower the Sp. Def of my opponents? I have Pokemon to do that.

What do you mean I got it wrong? 

Besides, guys crying look damn hideous. Like, euw. Gross. At least when girls do that, they still look attractive. 

Which goes to show, men and women are not equal and never equal...

...Yup. There's nothing wrong with what I said just now. This sentence is definitely fine. especially on the Internet. 

You know, I personally can tolerate character doing idiotic things....if it's in character for them, and the story and other character recognizes it as stupid. Which is not the case with Lavender here. Like, has any other charcters ever call her out for this idiocy?

Weird is too light to describe these horrifying twins. Although I'm curious why do you hate them both after the fiasco in Eclysia? Shouldn't Alice be the only one to blame, considering she's the one who put you in that frustrating maze? Allen is innocent. That idiot he's only fooled by his beloved sister.

Oh. I just realize why Alice is gonna be the Dark Type Gym Leader. Disregard the fact she(and many other characters) suck at Pokemon battling. It's because Alice is....a bitch. Perfect for Dark Types. Not sure about Allen though. Maybe deep down Allen likes pink? HA, GAAAAY!!!

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-120-dont-you-forget-about-me.1076/page-63#post-849627

So.

Where is it then?

WHERE'S THE CAKE I DESERVE FOR INVOLUNTARILY COMING INTO THIS WORLD ON THIS EXACT DATE, HUH!?!?

Replies:

Spoiler

On 10/7/2021 at 9:32 PM, No name said:

As much as I'd like too (not much really) how the fuck do we continue the Nuzlocke/story without Melia?

Like I ask that as a genuine question.

TELL ME.

Well, people who have played the game and know things would know how we would do that but I'll put it in spoilers for people too sensible lazy to play this game.

Reveal hidden contents

We simply use her siblings as subsitutes

I meant since nearly everything is written around her it'd be impossible without her.

So much dialogue and scenes would have to be changed and I don't have that kind of effort in me.

At least I can get Aevium Milotic. But I think that's the only one who's capture area I haven't already used.

That one is a gift mon, you ditz! A gift from Jan, at that!

Yeah? That's what I meant.

It's a gift so it's still free game. Can't get Alolan Roserade or Alolan Palossand because I've caught Pokemon in those areas already.

Marianette turns you into a bird?

The FUCK is going on in that version?

I think you have to wear a maid outfit or something for that section of the game now. Idk, I haven't played it in v13.

Well...that's...stupid? Would the fact that I'm not an identical copy like most of those maids not IMMEDIATELY give it away?

And that I'm a man?

And I'm not even sure what you've said is correct since apparently it's something else according to Dex?

On 10/7/2021 at 9:37 PM, J-Awesome_One said:

HA! Rip In Pavement. You have your days when you're funny. Not many though.

Every time I ever get to that scene where they eat literal frozen food, I always laugh.

Gee thanks. Wayyyy to backhand a compliment.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:07 PM, Lspaceship said:

Wait, you're taking my suggestions about Zira as sincere? I need to work on my digital literacy then. This was all supposed to be sarcastic. And I don't know, just continue obliterating Team Xen, now that they're demoralized by the loss of Melia?

Oh at FIRST I thought is was a joke...but then you kept mentioning it and I started to worry that you just had a thing for people being ripped apart by lions. But what would be the point if not for protecting DARLING Melia?

Also, about the 'Oh mah gerd she's stone!' I honestly don't really care that much? I played through this originally on v12, and she's not really a sympathetic character? She didn't change that much until after this, so it's just a 'meh' reaction, because I didn't care about Melia during a v12 run of it, either. It was just something I'd have to solve.

Even IF she was sympathetic, it's not like she died. This is reversible. Get over it, Melia!

She somehow learned to teleport and instantly find out where we were after Eclypsia Pyramid after she woke up from being turned to stone.

Which of course, upset me as once again, some girl barging in saves the day for the millionth time after I had to do all the hard battling.

And now, for our favorite creepy twins, Alice and Allen! They're honestly better than Melia and Veronica, IMO. Also I kind of actually want to see you try to feed them to Zira, as their plot-armor is more funny than frustrating, compared to the other two! And remember: Dream a dream so grand it becomes a nightmare!

I don't see the point in them existing really. Like...why are they necessary?

On 10/8/2021 at 5:20 AM, Gaunt said:

Into the World of Dreams! Wooooo....meh this game tried (almost) everything at this point, what's next? Hell? As for nightmares the Puppet Master is probably a Darkrai (or has one)

30? Forget obese these kids should be dead (unless they are just Unowns in disguise) still it was a funny scene

What? Venam got turned to stone?

Reveal hidden contents

Was this really meant as a sad moment? After all her screwups? Honestly I'm just sad it won't last because plot armor (the stone jokes were ok)

I haven't cried in like 18 years (i think) "toxic masculinity" at it's best

I genuinely couldn't tell you what's coming next. At the very least the plot keeps me on my toes.

Those are my thoughts exactly. Another Sinnoh Gijinka character like Timpea and Spacea.

Poor Rhodea should have never invited us to stay with her. She will regret it forever.

I want Venam to live so I don't have to hear Melia whine about it for the rest of the game if she died.

Whoa, now. That's too much. I'm sending you to forced therapy, you chauvinist pig!

On 10/8/2021 at 10:07 AM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

"Is this loss?"

Nah, it' just Veronica

Harsh.

Don't you know she's...uh...

SHE'S...

Okay I got nothing. She's not even a good meatshield at the end of the day.

On 10/10/2021 at 5:37 AM, Dex said:
Spoiler

I NEED MORE SOU-I MEAN READERS, DEX! MOOOORRRREEEE!!!

I don't think I have any favourites myself...maybe the tournament when we get to it?

They never migrated to the new land like I did. 

But the ones that did and still have only commented after the first chapter saying "this run looks interesting" were LIARS.

"This run looks interesting" is shorthand for I might like this but I don't wanna commit to reading in my opinion. It's the cowards way of commenting on something. That just the way forums go. People can and do just up and stop posting for whatever reason.

Yyyep. That seems to be the case alright.

But how can I make them SUFFER for abandoning me? They are essentially traitors!

Everything and anything for pointless extension of the game.

Like does asthma stop you from saying the Stoner's incredibly short name? I don't think so.

Quite frankly you could pare down a lot of stuff and make this game a hell of a lot shorter. There really don't need to be 18 gym leaders. 

Whoaaa now, I never complained about the 18 Gyms...it's just that there's a LOT of fluff between them.

Besides, a shorter game means it'll be over sooner. Does anyone truly want that?

Why are you all so STUPID?

It's clearly a MEDUSA!

GOD SO DUMB!

We've all be around Aevium too long, whatever's there is contagious. A gorgon like Pokemon would be a cool idea, honestly. 

Jan made that "Petrify" status effect for Yveltal's Decimation. No reason there couldn't be a Gorgon Pokemon in this game.

We'll probably have to wait until Game Freak do it first though.

Onto the chapter proper:

Spoiler

Yes, your haircut makes you look like a dork and nothing else. Man the people around here must be heavy sleepers, you'd think a man and his fire breathing lioness brawling would make more noise. 

Gee thanks. SO reassuring.

Along with two women being chased all around the heavily monitored city while presumably screaming their heads off and nobody noticing...I'd say you're right.

My good Flounder Sean is not a Charlatan, he's clearly a hack.

-eysack Champion 1994! How ever did you know?

Yeah it was always gonna be Venam that was likely to get stoned in retrospect Can't be Melia because she moves the plot forward, and can't be you because you have to play the game. All the other people we don't know nearly well enough to get the required reaction.

I suppose that makes sense.

I just REALLY don't know why Kanon is even here.

That Loss comic panel has been memed so much that it's probably broken some kind of record. I've always been morbidly curious to the thought process behind the scenes that made them think that was a good idea to go with.

It's so fucking stupid and unintetionally funny, it's great.

He probably wanted to try being one of those "DEEP AND SERIOUS" webcomics or something.

I'd like to think Melia flash reaction was to your terra-ble jokes. Also it's incredible how much that I don't want help, I don't need help mindset is gonna bite everyone in the ass later.

Oh sure, one of the FEW times she hears me and it's making fun of her stonematose friend. How useful.

She was the fucking same on Mt.Valor too.

At least when I claim it, I can walk the walk and not just talk the talk like her.

Baby Machop would probably still put someone in traction, I sure wouldn't test it. 

I still maintain Pokemon are way weaker than the Dex says they are.

Even with the magic bullshit, most are still biological animals. They CAN'T be limitless sources of power.

Yeah, honestly that cutscene with Nim and Crescent should have been held off till much later, like when the show the whole Lorna chasing Venam and Lavender scene in full. 

To the tune of Benny Hill!

Rose is your best Pokemon friend. . . probably best friend in general with Aelita coming in second. She knows you all too well dude. Just gotta accept it.

I think it's more Caesar is my best Pokemon friend than Rose.

Rose is family.

To be fair when you got dumped into Lava, in universe you came right back (at least I think that's how it went) like second later. For Jenner, she did get righteously angry at Geara at least. Not much of a defense really but it's all I got.

Still, a "hey how you doing" WOULD have been nice. It's not like I was saved at the last second. I fully fell into the hottest substance on Earth.

What are ambulances but trucks for sick people anyway? Look at this way, GDC is just being honest. Also sure hope Venam and Lav have good medical insurance.

If it's anything like here in the states, they're probably better off just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best before calling an ambulance.

I mean...you have a point but they're at least NOT repainted goods trucks like the GDC ones.

If it were the regular Pokemon world I wouldn't worry but here in Aevium they probably do thing differently.

ESPECIALLY in Cassandra's town.

I would be furious if someone just ate all my food. All things considered if I were Rhodea, I'd take a long vacation by the end of the game between all this and various V13 related stuff.

Someone ate my sandwich out of the fridge the other day and I was fully prepared to murder them all. Family be damned.

That scene in Friends makes fun of Ross for freaking out over his sandwich but I always sided with him. He should have killed his boss.

Oh like what I do? I mean technically it's a training month in the wilderness but my best methods of getting stronger are wandering around for good loot and Pokemon. Not mock battling a bunch of people I've beaten into the ground several times already. What the fuck would I gain from battling Melia or Ren a 9th time?

Man kids are mean. "I mean it's bad they're hurt but we're okay and that's what matters". Alice has clearly spent too much time around you.

Alice hasn't spent ANY time around me.

THAT'S the worrying part. She's just LIKE that.

Yep, time to go to the land of dreams. Be very happy you aren't in V13, there's some legendary surprises with the changes to it.

Oh?

I'll have to check it out at some point. Thankfully, I played it in V11, so I rolled over this area like it was nothin'

Falling asleep on the floor is perfectly valid sleeping method.

Yes.

Falling "asleep".

And not hitting my head so hard, I fell unconscious.

EDIT: Sorry for the odd formatting with the Comment Replies, I borked putting everything in a spoiler and just got tired of fighting with it after awhile. 

It's fine man. I know all two well how fucked it is replying and quoting on here on here.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:50 PM, YinYang9705 said:

I'd give you shit for not knowing PaTD but I didnt know who post malone was and his music gets literal billions of views

so I'm just gonna assume they got popular just a bit too late for you

Honestly? I just don't follow what's popular with people at all. Not in a douchey hipster way though, I just don't care.

BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS INFERIOR TO ME!

>not capitalizing God

damn it jan if you're gonna refer to a singular God at least do it right

Mega-Arceus on high, forgive this sinner for his blasphemy

silly sean everyone knows girlfriends are more important then fathers

at least thats what life is strange taught me and that's never wrong!

Heheheh. GOD was that game dumb.

Hey, hundreds of people or this girl who's "kind of" unlikeable?

I think the best part was how Chloe was much more likeable when she was paralyzed. Like fucking hell.

no the batman puppet villain is called the ventriloquist

and theres 3 of them for some goddamn reason

I vaguely remember Scarface but I thought that's what he was actually called.

Still Puppet Master does sound like a Batman villain even with those other losers

hey this time the dream world is an actual pokemon thing!

sure it was just the gen5 online incentive and not whatever the fuck jan is doing with it but this time theres precedent for it!

I wasn't around for that though.

I kinda begged off of Gen 5 and I didn't have usable Wi-fi until gen 6 so that gimmick is forever lost to me.

On 10/13/2021 at 4:12 AM, Hakimblue99 said:

I think there's another regional form you can obtain in a previous area because it's a static encounter with an overworld sprite. What interesting about this regional form is that it has a zombielike ability.  To capture it, you do require a certain item which...

...I'm not gonna tell you. Haha.

Oh really? It's Paras, right?

I INSIST that you do so I can plan my training trip correctly. I want some of these new Pokemon, dammit!

Isn't breathing an involuntary instructed by the brain? Otherwise, humans have to tell the body to breath every second...does this mean the twins are brainless? Should had seen that coming.

Blondes, man.

Never again.

I told you dude. People are OVEReacting to this stone crisis. Not to mention, turning to stone is such an overdone trope it's hard to feel anything about it. 

I think the general public are overreacting but the police are UNDERreacting since they haven't fucking DONE anything to solve it.

Seriously, no police EVER get involved in this case. There weren't any at the crime scene where Venam was stoned.

Now, if there's a time limit, that might make things more interesting. Like say, the victims can only stay in solid rock form for a certain duration before they turn into dust because...magic. 

Oh shit no.

Then I'd ACTUALLY be anxious.

If this wasn't a Pokemon game where time doesn't matter. Things will only move forward if the player wills it.

They could spend weeks in the Game Corner and Team Xen wouldn't have done a thing.

Pfft! Hahahahah! Man, your  puns are solid!...or I'm really weak to puns. Although I feel like there's a missed opportunity to comment how Veronica rock those legs. You know, when she used to wear a skirt. Because those thighs man, they made penises everywhere go har-I'm gonna stop now. 

THANK GOD FOR THAT.

Was getting worried that someone out there was an actual Venamfag.

Melia: I don't need your help! I don't need anybody's help!

Ambulance: Is that so? Well then, you can carry that slab of concrete by yourself! I'll be off, in case there are other people that  ACTUALLY need my help. Hmmph! *vrooms away, leaving lot of people confused'

Hahahahaha. Fucking IMAGINE.

They'd be the first organisation in this game that would have my utmost respect if they pulled that.

...Speaking of vehicles, there hasn't been a talking vehicle/object in Rejuvenation yet, right? I don't count robots, obviously

Oh fuck, shut up shut up!

What if He senses this comment and gets ideas?

The vehicle part is fairly unlikely though since they're so rare.

I honestly don't get why people want men to cry. Why would I lwant to lower the Sp. Def of my opponents? I have Pokemon to do that.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Well done.

A perfect and on theme mislead. Very impressive.

What do you mean I got it wrong? 

Besides, guys crying look damn hideous. Like, euw. Gross. At least when girls do that, they still look attractive. 

Okay, I think you need to go back and edit out how you think crying women are attractive. It's false and also KIND OF murdery.

Which goes to show, men and women are not equal and never equal...

...Yup. There's nothing wrong with what I said just now. This sentence is definitely fine. especially on the Internet. 

People on the internet don't like facts. And the fact is men and women aren't equal.

Nobody is ever fucking equal at all.

I have a brand new mower so I must be better than Todd next door with his old one while Todd next door thinks he has a new pool making him better than me.

Kanye West is way richer than me but I'm 5 inches taller.

Nobody is equal. Clones aren't even equal because one was made slightly before the other one.

Whatever. Burn down your local politicians house or something.

You know, I personally can tolerate character doing idiotic things....if it's in character for them, and the story and other character recognizes it as stupid. Which is not the case with Lavender here. Like, has any other charcters ever call her out for this idiocy?

NOPE.

They're mostly too busy focusing on the Stoner's true identity and how Lavender was almost brainswapped with a insane man to think about that.

Which after the latter happens, I kind of stopped caring myself.

Weird is too light to describe these horrifying twins. Although I'm curious why do you hate them both after the fiasco in Eclysia? Shouldn't Alice be the only one to blame, considering she's the one who put you in that frustrating maze? Allen is innocent. That idiot he's only fooled by his beloved sister.

Okay, picture this. I fight one of those Robot sentry things, lose a Pokemon in the attempt and win.

Then immediately after I'm told once again that "Haha battle didn't count, your efforts were once again pointless"

Which leads up to a fucking NOBODY jumping in and chopping the robot sentry in half with his stupid fucking sword made of Unown.

How well do you think I'd react to something like that?

Spoiler

Oh. I just realize why Alice is gonna be the Dark Type Gym Leader. Disregard the fact she(and many other characters) suck at Pokemon battling. It's because Alice is....a bitch. Perfect for Dark Types. Not sure about Allen though. Maybe deep down Allen likes pink? HA, GAAAAY!!!

They haven't fucking earned it. It's literally the height of bullshit that these two kids get the jobs because of who their family is and the magical powers they didn't earn.

At least Melia went through the due process of becoming one. These fucks just get GIVEN the positions and special training from the strongest trainers in the region in the most blatant show of favouritism I've ever seen.

Can you blame me for leaving immediately after? I want nothing to do with that shitshow.

Pretty sure Dream Eater would just eat their dreams. Not get rid of a coma. Unless there was move called Coma Eater but there isn't sadly.

Do I have to make another backhanded compliment? Sheesh.

Seriously, what were they thinking of when they thought of Pikachu using an electric attack on itself and Swellow & then having it be called thunder armor? Makes no sense... But it did look cool. DON'T BE MEAN TO ME FOR THAT!

The hell is a gijinka?

Ohh I'm SO rereading this when this whole thing is finished in about... -checks watch- 10 years?

Ummm... Isn't Kangaskhan a kangaroo?

Zetta is a Pokemon & you just admitted you fucked his mom... Frightening images dude. Frightening.

Happy birthday? I'm probably late but that's not unusual and remember the cake is the friends we made along the way....to the patisserie to buy the real cake.

Aelita is back huh i thought i would be happier but she was gone for too long i think and i don't know if i like her new personality (still her replies to Zetta were pretty good)

Imagine if the real Zetta suddenly decides to change sex then there really will be two Melias around...the horror

Yes i can confirm you put up an heroic fight...too bad it wasn't long....and your death was...less heroic

oh hey its the pokemon tower healing circles

or squares in this case

glad to see the channelers branching out with their runes

lets be real noone called puppet master is ever friendly

at most they help you because they benefit from it somehow

I have it on good authority that jan never played moemon, I think he just likes gijinkas

theres a condition where people convulse and die in their sleep so I assume thats what would have happened if lobo bit it

Spoiler

Happy Belated Birthday, one more year to the big dirtnap!

On 10/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

But how can I make them SUFFER for abandoning me? They are essentially traitors!

Write really mean messages on their forum profile pages (if they even exist anymore that is)?

Whoaaa now, I never complained about the 18 Gyms...it's just that there's a LOT of fluff between them.

Besides, a shorter game means it'll be over sooner. Does anyone truly want that?

Just keep telling yourself that the next time you spend extended time with Melia.

Jan made that "Petrify" status effect for Yveltal's Decimation. No reason there couldn't be a Gorgon Pokemon in this game.

We'll probably have to wait until Game Freak do it first though.

Along with two women being chased all around the heavily monitored city while presumably screaming their heads off and nobody noticing...I'd say you're right.

Maybe it blends in with the screams caused by all the rest of the crime, like it's Gotham City or something.

Just a wild guess.

Someone ate my sandwich out of the fridge the other day and I was fully prepared to murder them all. Family be damned.

That scene in Friends makes fun of Ross for freaking out over his sandwich but I always sided with him. He should have killed his boss.

Oh like what I do? I mean technically it's a training month in the wilderness but my best methods of getting stronger are wandering around for good loot and Pokemon. Not mock battling a bunch of people I've beaten into the ground several times already. What the fuck would I gain from battling Melia or Ren a 9th time?

There honestly had to be a better way to get you a Mega Z Ring. What you did there was honestly nothing you shouldn't have been able to pick up by playing the game by that point. Or just playing Pokemon in general to be honest.

Maybe she's an alternate version of you, you we another blond special character all along and just didn't know it.

Oh?

I'll have to check it out at some point. Thankfully, I played it in V11, so I rolled over this area like it was nothin'

Yeah V11 it's literally just Zetta and the Puppet Master. In 13 they padded it out more.

Yes.

Falling "asleep".

Just a flesh wound compared to what you usually go through.

It's fine man. I know all two well how fucked it is replying and quoting on here on here.

Heh. Got it right this time at least. 

To the chapter:

Spoiler

The Dream world set up makes me think of Mementos from Persona 5, which I doubt is coincidental considering Jan and Zumi are big fans of the game. I swear music from P5 is in Rejuvenation at points.

Don't quote me on this but I think that symbol is from the Lavender Tower in Fire Red/Leaf Green. The one in the middle of the tower that heals you I think.

Yeah return of best girl Aelita, but this time with more teen angst and anger. I kinda like her look here, but I think what she has in V12 onwards is her best design.

Could be worse. She could not recognize you and be weirded out by this strange man badly flirting with her.

Aelita blaming herself over stuff she had no control over got old kinda quick, but humans aren't always rational and all that jazz. Might just be the double curse she's under though.

Dreams don't make have to make sense, but the people in GDC are probably just all crazy like the rest of the region. It's cute the little girl gave you something for the Ice Cream, though it is functionally kinda useless.

Dear Future Sean the proper rule on leering is just don't get caught doing it obviously. That and not at  actual children but that's a given.

Also aren't you Irish, I figured you're conditioning to hate the English overrides hate towards any other group. 

I'm surprised Flora isn't dreaming about ways to destroy you forever and ever, but I figure you're only allowed so many mortal enemies in this game.

Hey if you can catch pokemon inside of rifts, the dream realm isn't that farfetched. Hypno is a cool mon, its kinda a shame the internet has deemed them sexual predators.

Oh boy Zetta. This asshole is back, he's trying really hard to play the sympathy card but it really isn't working. I feel like he should just be a Solosis instead of his human self. It'd be wild if you could catch him too. Reuniclus is a really good mon, which is probably why Jan doesn't give you the option.

Him interrupting the reunion REALLY doesn't help his reputation either. Valor mountain went alright up until the summit, then  the cutscene BS really sucker punches you.

Silly Sean, no one cares about the grunts, they're honestly just meatshields and it just makes me wonder who even willing joins this merry band of psychos. 

I'm honestly baffled how Zetta works in this scenario too, V13 doesn't really give much of an answer. Honestly the best I can give you is "Just because". 

Aelita vowing never let you die makes me think of her becoming your body guard or something. Which is silly because that is clearly Rose's job.

I was super shocked to see Crescent here, I always get the vague impression she's always following you like a superpowered stalker. Also more questions, no answers. Same shit, different day.

The Zetta fight. I get what Jan was doing with the names, but without fail the order gets borked up depending on what you send out. Only way around it is to make the AI send out mons in a set pattern, but I don't think you can do that honestly.

Also I'm kinda curious. On the very low chance you lost a mon here or against the Pupper Master, would you count it as a death or just wave it off as a dream or something like that. I'm kinda betting on the former, but I could be wrong.

I'd go with option 2 because I'm a coward and I'd need all the loopholes I could get with this game.

And we never saw Zetta again, ever, totally.

Time to fight the Puppet master, I know you more or less steamroll this guy but I'm curious to see how you pull this off.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you insist. Remember Carotos Mountain? At the lava area, before going into the Garufags chamber, you can find a sleeping Aevium Paras. If I recall correctly, you need a Spice Powder to wake it up. To evolve it though, it's best if you ask someone else. That part is a bit confusing to explain...

Not even those "equality justice warriors" online treat everything equally. Like, if an originally white character is changed to black, these "warriors" would be silent. But if it's the other way around, boy the outrage can power half of the  Africa continent.

...I can't believe I forgot that part. Urgh. And to make matters worse, those  still exist in v13. There's still moments where your victory would amount to nothing, and the villains get away scot-free.

Just to be sure, you knew the reason why the league was formed in the first place, right? So you knew that the Aevium league took it's inspiration from the most mismanaged league ever? 

You know, I would assume the curse messed up Aelita's emotional and logic circuit, which explains why she keeps blaming herself for what happened. But that doesn't explain why the other characters keep blaming her. She did nothing wrong, you idiots! She(in my opinion) contributed the most and didn't act like a stubborn idiot and abandon others willingly. The other characters are practically gaslighting her.

You know, among all the Xen commanders, only Zetta's the one that I might consider let alive. He's stilll a piece of crap, but considering his circumstances, I'll be lentient on him(like being a chew toy for my Incineroar). Which is more than I could say for the other Xen commanders, who's actions are so horrible yet don't match their motives and circumstances

Nimrod: I have a sick daughter, which is why I shall torture other people's daughters!

Madelis: I have sister issues, which is why I torture orphans!

Nastasia: I changed my name(assuming she's actually Anastasia), which is why I'm a bitch!

Geara: I have a small penis, which is why I overcompensate by being the absolute worst!

There's no other choice for them, other than the death penalty.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-121-muppet-master-psychic-gym-battle.1076/page-64#post-851441

Here.

Okay, good bye.

Replies:

Spoiler
On 10/15/2021 at 12:35 AM, No name said:

I wasn't sure I was correct either

Snakewood when

So basically your comment is "I made it all up haha, please play that terrible game for me"?

Thanks.

On 10/15/2021 at 3:07 AM, J-Awesome_One said:

Pretty sure Dream Eater would just eat their dreams. Not get rid of a coma. Unless there was move called Coma Eater but there isn't sadly.

Do I have to make another backhanded compliment? Sheesh.

Seriously, what were they thinking of when they thought of Pikachu using an electric attack on itself and Swellow & then having it be called thunder armor? Makes no sense... But it did look cool. DON'T BE MEAN TO ME FOR THAT!

The hell is a gijinka?

Ohh I'm SO rereading this when this whole thing is finished in about... -checks watch- 10 years?

Ummm... Isn't Kangaskhan a kangaroo?

Zetta is a Pokemon & you just admitted you fucked his mom... Frightening images dude. Frightening.

Ah yeah. I'd have thought the shock would wake a person up. But does this mean "Wake-Up Slap" would work on a coma patient.

You could try NOT being a bob haircut soccer mom, yes.

No, I agree. It was really cool for kids. Completely fucking stupid for us as adults.

A human character with a fashion sense and features based on a Pokemon.

10 more is too much. The whole run being ten years total is more likely.

Yes, but I forgot about Kangaskhan. It really only has the pouch anyways.

Not his Poke-Mom! His Human-Mo-that isn't actually any better, is it?

FUCK.

On 10/15/2021 at 5:37 PM, Gaunt said:

Happy birthday? I'm probably late but that's not unusual and remember the cake is the friends we made along the way....to the patisserie to buy the real cake.

Aelita is back huh i thought i would be happier but she was gone for too long i think and i don't know if i like her new personality (still her replies to Zetta were pretty good)

Imagine if the real Zetta suddenly decides to change sex then there really will be two Melias around...the horror

Yes i can confirm you put up an heroic fight...too bad it wasn't long....and your death was...less heroic

And even then they aren't my real friends because they would know I don't like cake in the first place!

I'll beat it out of her, don't worry.

Okay, that SOUNDS abusive but it's literally what's going to happen.

Ooooh baby. MORE Melia's? Sounds like just what the doctor ordered!

That doctor being an oncologist.

Looking back I did momentarily hold back her super strong arms.

Hey, it's HARD to have a heroic death! There's only so many meteors you can explode to save the planet, you know!

On 10/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, YinYang9705 said:

oh hey its the pokemon tower healing circles

or squares in this case

glad to see the channelers branching out with their runes

lets be real noone called puppet master is ever friendly

at most they help you because they benefit from it somehow

I have it on good authority that jan never played moemon, I think he just likes gijinkas

theres a condition where people convulse and die in their sleep so I assume thats what would have happened if lobo bit it

Yep. Finally figured out where they were from.

Nice to see them used somewhere else for a change.

It's the word "master" that makes people wary, I think.

Why is it that puppets are considered child friendly but the puppeteers are not anyway?

But HOW good is this authority? I doubt he'd ever admit he'd play it.

Great. Thanks for reminding me I might just randomly die the next time I go to sleep.

Happy Halloween.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:17 PM, nepeta100 said:

oh boy knowing whats next this is going to be really interesting follow up episode godspeed

Is it?

Huh.

I think it was such a pain to do this chapter that most of the novelty wore off of me.

On 10/16/2021 at 1:20 AM, Lspaceship said:

Merry Spawnmas! Don't have anything to say about the other stuff, fairly self-explanatory. Though at least you know this 'mon is real.

Ah yes. Spawnmas.

The day I erupted from the fiery birthing pits of planet Derogatia, ready for battle. Such fond memories.

That's true. Lullaby isn't going to disappear into dream gas if she dies at least.

On 10/16/2021 at 6:07 AM, Dex said:
Spoiler
On 10/16/2021 at 6:07 AM, Dex said:

Happy Belated Birthday, one more year to the big dirtnap!

Thanks.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:12 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Write really mean messages on their forum profile pages (if they even exist anymore that is)?

I'll just write YOU ABANDONED ME and see what their responses are.

Just keep telling yourself that the next time you spend extended time with Melia.

Hey those two weeks on a pirate ship together made us somewhat bond.

Guess all it takes to make a friend is see them destroy the entire world and hating everyone who's left more.

Maybe it blends in with the screams caused by all the rest of the crime, like it's Gotham City or something.

THERE ISN'T ANY REAL CRIME HERE THOUGH!

It's literally all kept underground with the POOR people.

Just a wild guess.

Especially wild since I would have had to accomplish that as a 2 month old.

Expand  

There honestly had to be a better way to get you a Mega Z Ring. What you did there was honestly nothing you shouldn't have been able to pick up by playing the game by that point. Or just playing Pokemon in general to be honest.

In my version of the training month, Alexandra wins some points back by giving me the Mega Ring before I leave to travel around the region to train. I know just enough about RPG Maker to give myself one and enough about Photoshop to create that scene.

I'm also debating whether or not to steal Reginald (Or Truck Guy)'s truck for the duration of the training adventure.

I think it's be funny to do instead of having pictures of me walking to the next area. I'll just leave him an I.O.U or something. 

Maybe she's an alternate version of you, you we another blond special character all along and just didn't know it.

No.

Oh?

Yeah V11 it's literally just Zetta and the Puppet Master. In 13 they padded it out more.

I went and had a look, making a whole damn casino for it was pretty impressive of Jan.

But there weren't any ACTUAL prizes to win so fuck that.

Yes.

Falling "asleep".

Just a flesh wound compared to what you usually go through.

All comedy damage hurts the same amount.

Whether it's falling from a building or falling out of a chair.

Heh. Got it right this time at least. 

And I the same.

The multi-quote thing on this site is busted beyond belief though. Why is it that highlighting the post I'm trying to quote itself quotes all of it, including my previous quotes?

To the chapter:

Spoiler

The Dream world set up makes me think of Mementos from Persona 5, which I doubt is coincidental considering Jan and Zumi are big fans of the game. I swear music from P5 is in Rejuvenation at points.

That's what I thought when I saw the Casino in V13. Very similar to the tutorial mission in P5.

Don't quote me on this but I think that symbol is from the Lavender Tower in Fire Red/Leaf Green. The one in the middle of the tower that heals you I think.

Too late.

Yeah return of best girl Aelita, but this time with more teen angst and anger. I kinda like her look here, but I think what she has in V12 onwards is her best design.

I suppose every teen has that phase. She's like 18 though so she held out a lot longer than most to have it.

No Aelita look is ever truly a BAD look.

But yeah, she looks way more upbeat in later versions.

Could be worse. She could not recognize you and be weirded out by this strange man badly flirting with her.

Well then she'd KNOW it was me.

Nobody badly flirts with teenage girls like the Derogatory Trainer! Haha!

Aelita blaming herself over stuff she had no control over got old kinda quick, but humans aren't always rational and all that jazz. Might just be the double curse she's under though.

That's true but she should REALLY listen to the person telling her it's not her fault.

The Garufans were so fucking weird.

Who designs a curse that turns you into a moody brat? Like REALLY? Did they just do it for laughs?

Dear Future Sean the proper rule on leering is just don't get caught doing it obviously. That and not at actual children but that's a given.

Heh heh.

I'd like to see them try and stop me.

*spreads legs while sitting on a train*

Checkmate feminists!

Also aren't you Irish, I figured you're conditioning to hate the English overrides hate towards any other group. 

One hate doesn't have to override the other, Dex.

It's very bigoted of you to assume that.

I'm surprised Flora isn't dreaming about ways to destroy you forever and ever, but I figure you're only allowed so many mortal enemies in this game.

"She wants me. I just know it." said the fly, about to fly into the Venus flytrap.

Well I'm probably one of her mortal enemies at least. She's not really one of mine yet.

YET.

Hey if you can catch pokemon inside of rifts, the dream realm isn't that farfetched. Hypno is a cool mon, its kinda a shame the internet has deemed them sexual predators.

It doesn't even make sense for them to BE sexual predators!

MALAMAR are the ones with actual fucking mind control!

Hypnos literally only send you to sleep because that's how they get food!

Oh boy Zetta. This asshole is back, he's trying really hard to play the sympathy card but it really isn't working. I feel like he should just be a Solosis instead of his human self. It'd be wild if you could catch him too. Reuniclus is a really good mon, which is probably why Jan doesn't give you the option.

He's not even the REAL Zetta! Why should I sympathise with some conjuration of Melia's guilt!?

How does she even know any of the backstory he gives us? Is she just guessing?

Him interrupting the reunion REALLY doesn't help his reputation either. Valor mountain went alright up until the summit, then  the cutscene BS really sucker punches you.

It was going fantastic right up until Saki decided to save Sharon.

Like I don't hate Sharon but what the fuck is Saki doing saving a Xen Grunt she doesn't know and then fighting Crescent?

And why the fuck did she take Valarie and Adam with her!? We could have used at least ONE of them on the peak.

Silly Sean, no one cares about the grunts, they're honestly just meatshields and it just makes me wonder who even willing joins this merry band of psychos. 

See above, why Saki saving Sharon made no sense.

Why do people join cults, I guess? Because they are WEAK.

I'm honestly baffled how Zetta works in this scenario too, V13 doesn't really give much of an answer. Honestly the best I can give you is "Just because". 

🤷‍♂️

Aelita vowing never let you die makes me think of her becoming your body guard or something. Which is silly because that is clearly Rose's job.

I was going for more of a "I won't let you die again" vibe because apparently nobody in this game cares how I ACTUALLY DIED.

I figure Aelita at least would.

I was super shocked to see Crescent here, I always get the vague impression she's always following you like a superpowered stalker. Also more questions, no answers. Same shit, different day.

Yeah...and what's weird is she never shows up anywhere during this Part or the next. When before she couldn't stop herself from butting in and showing off...It's suspicious.

The Zetta fight. I get what Jan was doing with the names, but without fail the order gets borked up depending on what you send out. Only way around it is to make the AI send out mons in a set pattern, but I don't think you can do that honestly.

Was funny to see it fail at least.

Also I'm kinda curious. On the very low chance you lost a mon here or against the Pupper Master, would you count it as a death or just wave it off as a dream or something like that. I'm kinda betting on the former, but I could be wrong.

I'd count it as a death.

I try not to give myself any cheap outs if I can. It's hard sometimes though.

Like for example, say a Pokemon dies in the Doomed Future that gets erased when we go back to prevent it, that Pokemon is now alive, right? But it DIED. What should I do about that? I'm thinking letting it be free or something.

I'd go with option 2 because I'm a coward and I'd need all the loopholes I could get with this game.

I'm no coward, coward.

But yeah, the appeal is very great. Luckily nobody dies so we don't have to consider it.

And we never saw Zetta again, ever, totally.

Never ever except when Interpol gets involved for a stupid side-quest.

Time to fight the Puppet master, I know you more or less steamroll this guy but I'm curious to see how you pull this off.

With teamwork, boosts, tricks and slides.

That's all I'll say.

On 10/28/2021 at 4:32 AM, Hakimblue99 said:

Well, if you insist. Remember Carotos Mountain? At the lava area, before going into the Garufags chamber, you can find a sleeping Aevium Paras. If I recall correctly, you need a Spice Powder to wake it up. To evolve it though, it's best if you ask someone else. That part is a bit confusing to explain...

Ohohohoho? It's not a wild encounter then? I think I can work with that.

I shall call him Snakewood.

Not even those "equality justice warriors" online treat everything equally. Like, if an originally white character is changed to black, these "warriors" would be silent. But if it's the other way around, boy the outrage can power half of the  Africa continent.

Equality is a stupid thing to fight for. It'll never be achieved so they're just using it as an excuse to push their own views onto others. Shut the fuck up and mind your business warriors would be much more liked.

Hahah Only half?

What do the mudhuts can have air conditioning?

...I can't believe I forgot that part. Urgh. And to make matters worse, those  still exist in v13. There's still moments where your victory would amount to nothing, and the villains get away scot-free.

IT NEVER ENDS.

Unless I END it.

Just to be sure, you knew the reason why the league was formed in the first place, right? So you knew that the Aevium league took it's inspiration from the most mismanaged league ever? 

Yeah. That made me laugh so fucking hard.

LIKE OH MY GOD WHY DID YOU PICK THAT ONE OF ALL LEAGUES!!?!?!? Like they probably meant they copied how many gyms Reborn had but you can't help but see it the bad way.

You know, I would assume the curse messed up Aelita's emotional and logic circuit, which explains why she keeps blaming herself for what happened. But that doesn't explain why the other characters keep blaming her. She did nothing wrong, you idiots! She(in my opinion) contributed the most and didn't act like a stubborn idiot and abandon others willingly. The other characters are practically gaslighting her.

That'd make sense.

Don't know about her contributing the most though. She wasn't actually at Mt.Valor to contribute.

You know, among all the Xen commanders, only Zetta's the one that I might consider let alive. He's stilll a piece of crap, but considering his circumstances, I'll be lentient on him(like being a chew toy for my Incineroar). Which is more than I could say for the other Xen commanders, who's actions are so horrible yet don't match their motives and circumstances.

My main goal is to punish them all with either death or imprisonment. But I will steal their motivations right in front of them as well.

Just to rub salt in the wound.

Nimrod: I have a sick daughter, which is why I shall torture other people's daughters!

My daughter now.

Madelis: I have sister issues, which is why I torture orphans!

My sister now.

Nastasia: I changed my name(assuming she's actually Anastasia), which is why I'm a bitch!

Uhhh...pass.

Geara: I have a small penis, which is why I overcompensate by being the absolute worst!

Guess he's short in every way that counts, huh?

There's no other choice for them, other than the death penalty.

In all honesty, I think death penalty is too harsh for SOME of them.

It depends on how creative I feel when I finally defeat them for good.

I'd probably enjoy throwing peanuts at a caged Madelis more than I would her death.

It might be more fun to imprison Neved and then raise his daughter as my own and mail him pictures of how happy she is without him every month.

Nastasia could probably get away with a lengthy community service if she plays her cards right.

Her only real crime against me is thinking Crawli was stronger than me. Which was mathmatically true.

Level-wise, at least.

She just underestimated mine and Rose's power. A mistake everyone makes.

Why else would anyone want a rematch with me after all? So they can lose a little less?

"SeanXDyingalone"

fun fact: from what I recall the only time you didn't die alone was when you got blown up alongside Melia and Veronica. So which one do you consider preferable?

Real talk about this game tho for a bit

The "noone ever explains shit" thing is the number one thing that pissed me off about it back when I played it. Last time I played was when you got thrown into the desert area and at that point you don't actually know what anyone else is trying to accomplish. Team Xen, Madame X, Crescent, Time and Space, even fucking Bladestar keep pretending like they've got some greater purpose for what they're doing but none of their plans ever actually progress anywhere, nothing ever actually sets them back and you never get so much as an insight on what they are planning.

For contrast in Reborn you find out what Team Meteor's purpose is about a fourth into the game and it mostly doesn't change as the game goes on. Sure Lin obviously has separate intentions but she's still going after the same things as the rest of Team Meteor.

Why can't Aelita stand there looking pretty AND kill anything that moves? Hmmm Sean.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Spoiler

Why... do people always want to combine Machoke's body with another Pokemon? Fucking terrifying.

Btw dude, I defeated them with only 1 Pokemon. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I AM BETTER THAN YOU AT THIS GYM BATTLE! YES!

Orange is the best flavor for anything! Soda, Starburst, Lollipops... I'm now thirsty and hungry now. Damnit!

Ah Leftovers, i remember fishing Grimers for hours to get 6 Black Sludge for my Reborn poison team but maybe you'll have more luck with the Munchlax

That Gym battle was really good and if I'm not wrong (and i never am) Aelita is the only good teammate you had

You're exited by stat decreases? You sick sick person I'm exited only by stat increases and nothing else

Oh look another cryptic prophecy....cool i guess, the only good thing we got out of this is Aelita becoming a permanent Team Sean member?

Gamefreak being absolutely lazy is one of the reasons i stopped playing main line games....like it's 2021 and they still don't have full move animations for the mons how lame is that?

Spoiler
On 10/31/2021 at 3:04 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Thanks.

No problem!

You mean you didn't do that already?

Guess all it takes to make a friend is see them destroy the entire world and hating everyone who's left more.

I'm sure that was just a blast, especially when alternate Universe Amber starts wailing on Melia.

Like I don't hate Sharon but what the fuck is Saki doing saving a Xen Grunt she doesn't know and then fighting Crescent?

And why the fuck did she take Valarie and Adam with her!? We could have used at least ONE of them on the peak.

Saki probably just saw a body falling and acted on impulse, but the last part I really can't defend in universe. Out of universe it's just a reason to leave you short handed at the peak and get the desired scene. Considering what Saki's gym battle is like in V13 (she has TWO megas in Intense just fyi) , she could have probably soloed the peak

I went and had a look, making a whole damn casino for it was pretty impressive of Jan.

It's just for atmosphere sadly.

In my version of the training month, Alexandra wins some points back by giving me the Mega Ring before I leave to travel around the region to train. I know just enough about RPG Maker to give myself one and enough about Photoshop to create that scene.

I'm also debating whether or not to steal Reginald (Or Truck Guy)'s truck for the duration of the training adventure.

I think it's be funny to do instead of having pictures of me walking to the next area. I'll just leave him an I.O.U or something. 

So I assume you managed to fix the screenshot issue that came up in V13 then? Also that works better than what is essentially one long cutscene with battles. Be a perfect time to round up any remaining sidequests.

And I the same.

The multi-quote thing on this site is busted beyond belief though. Why is it that highlighting the post I'm trying to quote itself quotes all of it, including my previous quotes?

I'm half tempted to just make an account on the Nuzlocke forum and comment there, it seems much easier on that site. Also I could comment on all the other runs I follow there. (RIP Pikafan, she's in for a rough time in Reborn)

Too late.

Heh.

I suppose every teen has that phase. She's like 18 though so she held out a lot longer than most to have it.

No Aelita look is ever truly a BAD look.

But yeah, she looks way more upbeat in later versions.

Very true.

That's true but she should REALLY listen to the person telling her it's not her fault.

Who designs a curse that turns you into a moody brat? Like REALLY? Did they just do it for laughs?

I dunno ,after going through high school, being inflicted with teen angst all over again sounds horrifying to me. Evil can be extremely petty.

Heh heh.

Checkmate feminists!

Bold move, Sean. Let's see how it plays out.

"She wants me. I just know it." said the fly, about to fly into the Venus flytrap.

Well I'm probably one of her mortal enemies at least. She's not really one of mine yet.

YET.

You tend to have that effect on people around here. It's a talent.

I figure that involves the death of a mon, hope it's not one I particularly like.

That Hypno going after that little girl in Fire Red/Leaf Green probably had something to do with it. Ruined the rep of the whole species for years.

Yeah...and what's weird is she never shows up anywhere during this Part or the next. When before she couldn't stop herself from butting in and showing off...It's suspicious.

Maybe she's taking a sidequest vacation like you do? 

I'd count it as a death.

Like for example, say a Pokemon dies in the Doomed Future that gets erased when we go back to prevent it, that Pokemon is now alive, right? But it DIED. What should I do about that? I'm thinking letting it be free or something.

Oh NOW you follow the rules. Honestly that's really up to you, I'm not sure how else to handle it.

Not quite relevant, but now you have the ability to catch mons in the Bad Future. Kinda funny to imagine you catching the mon then it fades away when you change timelines.

I'm no coward, coward.

But yeah, the appeal is very great. Luckily nobody dies so we don't have to consider it.

I apparently have less shame than you in that regard, because I would TOTALLY run with like a Quarterback with the ball.

Oh that one with Pokemon's favorite reoccurring NPC. There's worse side-quests in this game let's be honest.

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

Oh boy Zetta is back for a little while at least. At least his dialogue is brief this time.

Also I'm going to say now, wow Aelita really pulled her weight in this battle. Her fighting types decimating those mons caught me by surprise, because damn near every version of this fight I've seen youtube in her getting decimated and leaving the PC more or less 1 v 2.

Blaziken nuking the Mega-cham before it can even blink was the highlight honestly.

But not as awesome as your plan. As soon as I saw Kunai, I guessed your plan, but doing it with Shuckle with just the icing on the cake. I can already see why this took weeks to edit. But we appreciate the work if nothing else!

Silly Sean, you know you gotta jump through hoops to get all the good stuff. That's just how these games go.

It's really a bummer when Jan has these made up attacks with super cool names, but there's no actual animation. It's gotten a lot better in V13, but it's funny going back to earlier versions.

Hey now, Scrafty now is trying its best, maybe he pulled a dream muscle earlier.

Golden Shuckle  (or Shuckle Might if you prefer) is amazing with the Machoke body (makes me miss Bluster, he would have loved that). Too bad the time needed for set up makes things kinda dangerous.

Oh boy the Puppet master. Yet another character full of half truths and riddles. Straight answers aren't given unless someone dies. I SINCERELY sympathize with Aelita here.

I've heard of Dark Crystal, but really the only thing of Henson's I'm familiar with is well Muppets to be honest.

Maybe you should ask Aelita how she gets past the level caps since she apparently doesn't have to worry about them. (It's funny to think after all this she has only two badges.)

I won't lie, I'd completely forgotten about the whole prophecy thing. It comes up so rarely, I think this is the first in a long time. 

Honestly the whole game needs a required reading section. I feel like I should be taking notes whenever I play.

Nicest thing you can say about this section is that you didn't loose anyone, which is sadly becoming rarer. Time to wake up Mr Sean.

I think game freak confused their idioms when naming mold breaker

that or it was cooler then their first few goes either or

pigfucking is something best left to be an uncomfortable secret we all know about but never talk about

like child abuse or simpsons porn

oh goddamn it

>the world doesnt revolve around your little group

YES

IT LITERALLY DOES

NOTHING HAPPENS UNLESS YOU TRIGGER THE CUTSCENE EVENT FOR IT
god this speech is unearned

• 2 weeks later...

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-122-exorcism-schism.1076/page-64#post-853145

I'm just going to go ahead and release it now.

No funny mini-joke for this post ladies and germs.

How come there isn't any bacteria version for ladies anyway?

THIS IS SEXISM!

AND ALSO A MINI-JOKE! FUCK!

Replies:

Spoiler
On 10/31/2021 at 11:40 AM, Gentleman Jaggi said:

"SeanXDyingalone"

fun fact: from what I recall the only time you didn't die alone was when you got blown up alongside Melia and Veronica. So which one do you consider preferable?

Real talk about this game tho for a bit

The "noone ever explains shit" thing is the number one thing that pissed me off about it back when I played it. Last time I played was when you got thrown into the desert area and at that point you don't actually know what anyone else is trying to accomplish. Team Xen, Madame X, Crescent, Time and Space, even fucking Bladestar keep pretending like they've got some greater purpose for what they're doing but none of their plans ever actually progress anywhere, nothing ever actually sets them back and you never get so much as an insight on what they are planning.

For contrast in Reborn you find out what Team Meteor's purpose is about a fourth into the game and it mostly doesn't change as the game goes on. Sure Lin obviously has separate intentions but she's still going after the same things as the rest of Team Meteor.

WE ALL DIE ALONE JAGGI!

Well if I die in front of Melia and Veronica they might be traumatised by it...and that's a win in my book!

Yeah I agree with that. It's not my number one peeve (that'd be the magical girl saving the day after every major story battle) but we should REALLY know exactly what the fuck Team Xen want by THIS point.

I disagree with you lumping Bladestar in with them though.

It's pretty obvious from the get-go their motives are "FUCK CASSANDRA!" and "REVEEENGE!".

Funny to think Team Meteor's motivation under Ol' Man Solaris was basically "Get the fuck off my lawn, you damn kids!"

On 11/1/2021 at 1:41 AM, J-Awesome_One said:

Why can't Aelita stand there looking pretty AND kill anything that moves? Hmmm Sean.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Reveal hidden contents

Why... do people always want to combine Machoke's body with another Pokemon? Fucking terrifying.

Btw dude, I defeated them with only 1 Pokemon. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I AM BETTER THAN YOU AT THIS GYM BATTLE! YES!

Orange is the best flavor for anything! Soda, Starburst, Lollipops... I'm now thirsty and hungry now. Damnit!

I'm Derogatory Trainer and I approve of this Ball Grabbing Message.

Could be worse. You haven't seen Haxgrowth, have you?

e6yqN7P.jpg

Looks like a fucking Gurren Lagann Gunman.

Well I technically only defeated them with one too. Kunai didn't attack after all. 

Shall we form a truce against those who like CHERRY flavour then? Because while I don't like Orange I can at least tolerate it.

On 11/1/2021 at 5:03 AM, Gaunt said:

Ah Leftovers, i remember fishing Grimers for hours to get 6 Black Sludge for my Reborn poison team but maybe you'll have more luck with the Munchlax

That Gym battle was really good and if I'm not wrong (and i never am) Aelita is the only good teammate you had

You're exited by stat decreases? You sick sick person I'm exited only by stat increases and nothing else

Oh look another cryptic prophecy....cool i guess, the only good thing we got out of this is Aelita becoming a permanent Team Sean member?

Gamefreak being absolutely lazy is one of the reasons i stopped playing main line games....like it's 2021 and they still don't have full move animations for the mons how lame is that?

I probably won't due to the rarity. But that is a galaxy brain strat right there. Did you have a Pokemon with Compound Eyes too? Very handy for item grinding.

Pretty much, yeah. Ren was alright in the Galvantula fight but that was so fucking long ago nobody remembers it. I don't even remember if he was any good in it.

It's my sadistic nature, Gaunt. I can't help enjoying my enemies get weaker.

She always was a permanent member. She was the FIRST. But no, while you'd THINK the finale arc would be all about her, guess who steals the show ONCE again?

Extremely lame. I stopped playing them too.

Legally that is. I recently started an undocumented Photonic Sun Nuzlocke and it ain't that bad. Alola MIGHT actually be an okay region.

As long as it's modded at least.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:06 PM, Dex said:
Spoiler
On 11/1/2021 at 11:06 PM, Dex said:
On 10/31/2021 at 7:04 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Thanks.

No problem!

Bleh.

You mean you didn't do that already?

No. Contrary to popular belief, I'm NOT a psycho.

I'm sure that was just a blast, especially when alternate Universe Amber starts wailing on Melia.

Oh it was fun until Melia told her to finish her of because she deserves it. Then I just got mad.

After ALL the work I put in to keep her alive, she's going to let some alternate universe bitch kill her? Nuh-uh.

Saki probably just saw a body falling and acted on impulse, but the last part I really can't defend in universe. Out of universe it's just a reason to leave you short handed at the peak and get the desired scene. Considering what Saki's gym battle is like in V13 (she has TWO megas in Intense just fyi) , she could have probably soloed the peak.

Where did she even jump up from anyway? No way that thing clears the whole mountain.

She wasn't as strong then though, right? Her team battle with Melia was rough but managable.

Thank god Intense mode is being killed off. Now I can say I play on the HARDEST difficulty with no guilt whatsoever!

It's just for atmosphere sadly.

SHOULDA HAD PRIZES.

So I assume you managed to fix the screenshot issue that came up in V13 then? Also that works better than what is essentially one long cutscene with battles. Be a perfect time to round up any remaining sidequests.

No. I did not. So it's still up in the air if Part 5 will actually ever happen.

I've just written an outline of what will happen and what might be funny to do during the training arc. Don't actually know what the plot is beyond that segment.

And yes, that was my thought exactly. There are SO many to do in Part 5 because I didn't do any in Part 4 aside from the Sashila Help Requests. Gonna be a good bit of general backtracking to see the newer areas too .

And I the same.

I'm half tempted to just make an account on the Nuzlocke forum and comment there, it seems much easier on that site. Also I could comment on all the other runs I follow there. (RIP Pikafan, she's in for a rough time in Reborn)

Go for it man. It definitely is. Plus everyone likes comments on their run.

Hahaha gonna be fun to see how she does. Unlike I did, she knows what's coming and can prepare around it pretty well.

I dunno ,after going through high school, being inflicted with teen angst all over again sounds horrifying to me. Evil can be extremely petty.

Like if I were a Garufan wizard or whatever, I think the door prank would have been the funniest fucking thing ever. But that's because curing the magic curse coma was probably easier then.

Heh heh.

Checkmate feminists!

Bold move, Sean. Let's see how it plays out.

I imagine they'll huff and give up but write really mean things about me on their blog/twitter account.

And I have neither so I won't care.

YET.

You tend to have that effect on people around here. It's a talent.

I figure that involves the death of a mon, hope it's not one I particularly like.

I prefer to call it a skill. I had to work long and hard at being THIS heroically annoying you know.

It involves many deaths due to the herculean effort of stopping the bitch, but one definitely stands out a lot more than the others. It's incredibly unfortunate too.

That Hypno going after that little girl in Fire Red/Leaf Green probably had something to do with it. Ruined the rep of the whole species for years.

The anime showing how (incorrectly) powerful they are didn't help either.

Poor Hypno.

Maybe she's taking a sidequest vacation like you do? 

I think it's LONG been established that I'm the only one who does sidequests and Help Requests in this game.

I'd count it as a death.

Oh NOW you follow the rules. Honestly that's really up to you, I'm not sure how else to handle it.

Not quite relevant, but now you have the ability to catch mons in the Bad Future. Kinda funny to imagine you catching the mon then it fades away when you change timelines.

I am the pinnacle of rule-keeping, thank you very much.

What annoyed me the most about the Bad Future is that the protagonists have access to a literal Pokemon making machine and they don't all just ride Lugia clones and instant KO the Princess and her edgy bird.

Such a missed opportunity.

Oh that one with Pokemon's favorite reoccurring NPC. There's worse side-quests in this game let's be honest.

But most of those don't give me paranoia on what exactly Interpol is going to DO with the Rift Pokemon.

I'm thinking I'll have to deal with a mutant army five years down the line as my first official test as Champion

Chapter Comments:

Spoiler

Oh boy Zetta is back for a little while at least. At least his dialogue is brief this time.

He keeps breaking his "fucking off "promise.

Also I'm going to say now, wow Aelita really pulled her weight in this battle. Her fighting types decimating those mons caught me by surprise, because damn near every version of this fight I've seen youtube in her getting decimated and leaving the PC more or less 1 v 2.

It's the power of love, Dex.

Tougher than diamonds and rich like cream.

Blaziken nuking the Mega-cham before it can even blink was the highlight honestly.

But not as awesome as your plan. As soon as I saw Kunai, I guessed your plan, but doing it with Shuckle with just the icing on the cake. I can already see why this took weeks to edit. But we appreciate the work if nothing else!

I've officially named this strategy "THE SHUCK FUCK". And yes, it is always in all caps.

Haha thank you. It didn't take weeks to edit, I was just too busy and then too tired to finish everything I needed to upload the chapter.

It's really a bummer when Jan has these made up attacks with super cool names, but there's no actual animation. It's gotten a lot better in V13, but it's funny going back to earlier versions.

I haven't actually seen them yet but sadly I'll have missed most of them by now.

Hey now, Scrafty now is trying its best, maybe he pulled a dream muscle earlier.

Golden Shuckle  (or Shuckle Might if you prefer) is amazing with the Machoke body (makes me miss Bluster, he would have loved that). Too bad the time needed for set up makes things kinda dangerous.

Was going with Buffkle myself. If he knew some punching moves I might have considered Shuck Might or All Shuckle though.

Yeah, it's a pity he's only got a niche use.

Oh boy the Puppet master. Yet another character full of half truths and riddles. Straight answers aren't given unless someone dies. I SINCERELY sympathize with Aelita here.

I've heard of Dark Crystal, but really the only thing of Henson's I'm familiar with is well Muppets to be honest.

That's to be expected, it's kind of niche. I only know about it because I saw it during daytime TV when I was out sick from school.

Was a really weird thing to see.

Maybe you should ask Aelita how she gets past the level caps since she apparently doesn't have to worry about them. (It's funny to think after all this she has only two badges.)

Don't...don't bring that up...

Wonder if the Puppet Master mailed her a box as well?

I won't lie, I'd completely forgotten about the whole prophecy thing. It comes up so rarely, I think this is the first in a long time. 

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing either. On one hand we don't have to hear any prophecy shite, on the other, we'll forget about it until it's too late and have a big egg on our faces when it comes true.

Honestly the whole game needs a required reading section. I feel like I should be taking notes whenever I play.

I do.

I mean it's an utter mess and MOST of it is for funny jokes I think up but I still keep one.

Nicest thing you can say about this section is that you didn't loose anyone, which is sadly becoming rarer. Time to wake up Mr Sean.

Time to wake up and fight the Kimono Girls WAY TOO EARLY Mr Sean!

On 11/2/2021 at 5:16 AM, YinYang9705 said:

I think game freak confused their idioms when naming mold breaker

that or it was cooler then their first few goes either or

pigfucking is something best left to be an uncomfortable secret we all know about but never talk about

like child abuse or simpsons porn

oh goddamn it

>the world doesnt revolve around your little group

YES

IT LITERALLY DOES

NOTHING HAPPENS UNLESS YOU TRIGGER THE CUTSCENE EVENT FOR IT
god this speech is unearned

It DOES sound cool when you scream it out loud.

MOLD BREAKKKEERRRRRRR!!!!

I mean...you'd have to be a pretty naïve person to see a mammal and think "I bet nobody's fucked that one yet".

Well "naive" and an absolute psycho to think that in the first place.

"I AM CANONICALLY THE ONLY REASON THIS PLANET WON'T BE DESTROYED!"

"I THINK THAT MAKES ME PRETTY IMPORTANT, YOU PUPPET FUCKER!"

On 11/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, nepeta100 said:

it was in regards to how you were going to handle the gym battle but you ended up beating it with death itself

I hope it was impressive then!

On 11/13/2021 at 6:43 AM, No name said:

At  this point your ramblings might end up breaking the Narrative-Space-Time continuum of this game. (That is another SCP reference)

THANKS.

STILL DON'T GET IT THOUGH.

Aelita being a "bound demon" is an interesting development. i expected teen "problems" and we get this...let's see where it'll go

I never got the appeal of Funco pops, why people buy that trash is beyond me.

So the tournament arc is actually coming, it should be fun...good luck!