The Terribly Titled Nuzlocke of Pokemon Rejuvenation: Part 3 Finale: Remember, I Wuv You (05/12/23)

37 minutes ago, No name said:

I don't think I quite follow this apotheosis plan you have for Smearagle.

Yveltal uses Decimation, Smeargle survives with Sash, Use Sketch then what? If you click it Yveltal still outspeeds and kills you.

Switch in to another Pokemon, let it die, then switch into a Pokemon with Focus Sash and use Mirror Coat.

Either that or another Focus Sash mon with Destiny Bond.

1 hour ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Switch in to another Pokemon, let it die, then switch into a Pokemon with Focus Sash and use Mirror Coat.

Either that or another Focus Sash mon with Destiny Bond.

Ah. So your plan involves at least 1 sacrifice. Somehow I'm not surprised that you are the type of person to sacrifice lives for apotheosis.

3 hours ago, No name said:

I'm fairly sure Mirror Coat doesn't work against the new way Decimation functions

No it doesn't work because I forgot Yveltal is a dark type and Mirror Coat is a psychic move.

SO. The new plan will be:

1) Send Smeargle (Focus Sash) to Sketch the move.

2) Swap for Pathetic the Unown or whoever else so they can die and save the next Pokemon taking a hit

3) Send in a Pokemon with a very high Special Defense that's holding a Ring Target and have it use Trick or Switcheroo so the Yveltal is now vulnerable to Psychic types moves.

4) THEN let THAT Pokemon die, so Chiller or whoever I have with Mirror Coat can reflect the damage back and kill Yveltal.

EDIT: This plan works but now I've realised that the whole thing is fucking pointless since Decimation has a Power Level of 100 now and isn't an insta-kill move anymore. Which is scary from a Yveltal...but not a Smeargle.

So I'm changing the title of the chapter.

FUCK.

10 hours ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

No it doesn't work because I forgot Yveltal is a dark type and Mirror Coat is a psychic move.

SO. The new plan will be:

1) Send Smeargle (Focus Sash) to Sketch the move.

2) Swap for Pathetic the Unown or whoever else so they can die and save the next Pokemon taking a hit

3) Send in a Pokemon with a very high Special Defense that's holding a Ring Target and have it use Trick or Switcheroo so the Yveltal is now vulnerable to Psychic types moves.

4) THEN let THAT Pokemon die, so Chiller or whoever I have with Mirror Coat can reflect the damage back and kill Yveltal.

EDIT: This plan works but now I've realised that the whole thing is fucking pointless since Decimation has a Power Level of 100 now and isn't an insta-kill move anymore. Which is scary from a Yveltal...but not a Smeargle.

So I'm changing the title of the chapter.

FUCK.

Hahaaahahahahahahahah....!

Seriously though, If I can see through your plans then they are probably trash in the first place.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

The 2019 plan was SOUND before V13, you little shit. And this one works too.

But there's just no fucking point doing them anymore. It's not worth the trouble.

Hey, blame Jan for foiling your plan with updates.

Not me for pointing it out to you

Jan: (Sitting on a throne of dead skeletons, with black devil horns and hellfire burning in the ground)

Jan: Nyeheheh! You think you're safe? Just you'll wait. In version 30, you won't be facing an ordinary Yveltal oh no, no, no. You'll be facing Yveltal...as a rift boss. With 10 shields! And buff stats! And items aren't usable, so you're focus sashes are USELESS!!! Nobody would be safe from my BS, the BS that will outBS all the other BSs. 

Nyeheheh.

NYEHEHEH.

NYEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

...What do you mean that's not what Jan sounds like? In-game Jan already(or will be) commit physhology torture. Then again, that's against a Team Xen scum so....

who uses their first name for their professor title

have they learned nothing from professor oak

wow all that effort for nothing

rip past sean

at least theres always the spore option?

poor madelis she keeps getting molested by her bosses

not even she deserves that

On 9/23/2021 at 10:45 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Well whatever. I don't think I get much new viewers anyway. You all know what this shit is about.

Yep it's been about the same 10 people or so for the last couple of years at this point. I think the sheer length (heh) might scare people off, I was lucky enough to latch on during the hiatus between Part 1 and Part 2, gave me plenty of time to read through.

I've seen that image so many times but I never knew that the Arbok fucking SURVIVED!

How the hell did it do that?

Did someone just slap a ditto between the two halves and fuse it back together?

I legit have no idea. It shows up several chapters later perfectly whole, though it may just have been a different one.

This chapter is basically her big day out.

Hahaha what the fuck? I had no idea that's what happened to it in the end. I kinda drifted off the anime when they went through Kanto again for the Battle Frontier.

Eyup. Ash trades Aipom to Dawn, since the little monkey likes contests so much. It evolved then got into Ping Pong so much that Dawn gave her away so she could fufill her "dreams". It's honestly the dumbest possible thing that could have happened, which is a shame because the monkey kicked ass in pretty much every battle she was in.

Like...does it happen in the new content of V13 or is she better in the early game?

Because I don't really want the latter, I liked her being terrible so I could rag on her for being so terrible.

She's better in early game and onwards (not by much, but they at least have her start to acknowledge how much of a shit she is, so there's that). They also make it so that you fight Venam before you go off on your little field trip with Melia, which makes the whole Gearen city arc flow MUCH better.

Spoiler

Wow this might be the quickest update between chapters since like 2018.

Called a criminal in the first sentence of the chapter. That sounds about right.

Let's be honest like 90 percent of the region has some kind of mental disorder, the frankly rabid fairy girls (I think every single one I've seen is flat out insane) don't stand out as much as they should.

Also after a certain point it qualifies as self defense dealing with them because I distinctly remember at least one mentioning something about knives or scissors.

I can just feel the love between you and your mons here. Nothing more heartwarming than seeing a Tangrowth strangle hug his trainer.

I won't lie seeing Plusle's head inflate larger and larger made me laugh. 

Jennerson doesn't sound TOO bad, I've heard worse. Hell half the Xen grunts have dumber names.

Crushing the hopes and dreams of each trainer in this damn city one at time is the derogatory way. Especially since now it's shown even they can take one of your mons if luck isn't on your side. Poor Bluster. . . 

Adventure time with Sean and Rose. . .  that's just a child friendly version of this Nuzlocke to be honest. Also Caesar continues to be a pretty great straight man to your shenanigans. Hope he never bites it. . . 

Ambipom is better with Technician, but even then Dawn would be really fragile. You're probably right in her being better as a pickup mon. I've seen some timely Pickups come in clutch. 

Oh man you're plan with Beret was inspired to say the least. But as you already know, that plan was destined to fail from the start. You can always use her to copy one of the Gym Leader's custom moves maybe?

The meeting with Madelis. . . I love the implication that she's been walking around with this gaping wound for like a week without too much ill effect. 

Cassandra continues to be an okay villain character. Like others mentioned, it's kinda too bad the MC doesn't interact with her more. Also V13 isn't even trying to do any kind of "redemption" for her, she's basically evil through and through and I'm kinda glad for it.

Also Cassandra ordering Maddie to beg doesn't help the whole bad touch vibes either.

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-117-the-best-laid-plans-of-mon-and-men.1076/page-62#post-848549

How bad do you think the human trafficking scene is in the Pokemon world? Like we know Pokemon black markets exist but what else?

You think there's human Pokeballs lurking around in the darkest underworlds?

Anyway, here's the chapter.

Enjoy it and try to remember that this is a game about magical animals and real world problems don't exist here.

Replies:

Spoiler
On 9/24/2021 at 5:40 AM, J-Awesome_One said:

That's probably the most interesting way I've ever seen you start 1 of these.

Catch that Plusle & abuse it constantly!

Maybe he's related to Ross Geller! :D ...That will make no sense to you if you haven't watched Friends.

How many Pokemon have a blood thirst right now? I know there's Chiller.

It's prob named that because of it's move probably.

Throwing a crazy child at a wall...yeah I'd say so. Probably a common occurrence in Reborn though due to how fucked up everyone is there.

I don't abuse Pokemon! I fight them. Which is completely different story.

Who hasn't watched Friends? I WAS born in the 90's you know. I'm no zoomer. I actually made a Ross Jenner meme. You can find it in Rejuv Fanarts after this chapter goes up.

Chiller has a blood yearning. A much more powerful and worrying lust for it.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:50 PM, Gaunt said:

Ehhh the art style of the first is better imo but the narrator is still there and who knows maybe the gameplay is good? I would be perfectly happy with more of the same but the devs had other plans it seems.

What i like the most in your run is that you find and point out the various flaws and errors in the game (story, plotholes, exc...) with the rants about Meliasue and modern day social craziness a close second, of course the (sometimes bad) jokes are a plus....wait you give free drugs? Why wasn't i informed of this?

Sean pokeabuse is bad you know that right? Especially on your Pokemon....about that have you ever seen an old Nuzlocke called Pokemon: Pitch Black? Kinda disturbing but very interesting.

That's true, it's more detailed but I rather liked the old squashed ones. I'm glad we'll get more Ancestor quotes. The gameplay loop is what I want to know the most, the first game got fairly tedious after a while. I thought we were going to have to climb a mountain or something not go on a road trip though. Guess they changed it?

I'm glad you liked those parts! Haha, the most ironic thing is that Jan has slowly fixed and removed some of those problems and somehow I hate that too. Yeah the modern day craziness is pretty much my way of venting at this point. And you're only getting to see a trickle of it because a lot of my views aren't "acceptable" in this day and age even if they're completely logical viewpoints.

You haven't been getting the...Okay, this explains why my postman has been looking so tweaked out lately.

It's not ABUSE. It's DISCIPLINE that I enact when they annoy me! How could that possibly be abuse!? Besides, they literally give as good as they get, such as Zira in this chapter.

Oh GOD I remember seeing that YEARS ago. What a fucking edgy nightmare of a Nuzlocke. There is NO way I'm like that guy. Not even in the slightest.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:01 PM, Hakimblue99 said:

That Justice whore! She gets all the fame while Revenge gets the short stick.

"Justice in the streets and Revenge in the sheets is what I say."

Are you saying I should date Justice and then cuck netorare her by sleeping with her sister? 

Interesting...

Fatal is a more accurate word to use than "Interesting" I feel.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:01 PM, Hakimblue99 said:

The girly looking male Pokemon I'm refering...is the Wigglytuff in the previous chapter. Obviously.

*shrug*

Whatever man.

Haha. Speaking of Double battles. Remember that Ruined City Help Request? Maybe I just plain suck, because that battle mauled me in the arse. And it's against a bunch of grunts! It's so embarassing...I literally have to reset several times to rearrange my team to get a better chance. And even that, it still ends in a 2 v my last Pokemon.

No. It's not just you. That battle is ROUGH. I lost two good Pokemon to it. Made kicking them out very easy even if Damien was a pussy about it afterward.

I'm not sure why exactly I have such a hard time. Maybe because they set up a tailwind and have a God damn Cinderace? Or maybe I just suck? Because that battle...was on casual mode!

Okay MAYBE it's the sucking. 

The reason I even managed to won was thanks to the help of my Pokemon nicknamed Benteng(Fortress in Malay). His filter ability and giga/mega drain help a lot. 

Three guesses who that Pokemon is. 

Aggron? But you couldn't have had a Mega-Stone at that point so Mr.Mime maybe? Those are the only ones I know that learn it.

So uh, I know I give you crap for being careless...but since you managed to survive this long in the game, any tips for me to suck less...?

Heh. Just wait a couple of chapters and I'll show you not to call me careless again!

And then stop watching because I fuck up the next big fight afterwards.

Well most of the advice I could give you might be outdated due to the amount of updates since I started like one of the bigger early-game boons for me was the infinite supply of Moo-Moo milk and Rose's Dragon Rage which isn't available anymore.

But if I had to give you advice in general, I'd say plan for whatever the leaders could throw at you. You're not doing a blind run so you can just check the wiki for what they'll have. Team balance is important too. Have an answer for most types if you can. Make sure to have plenty of healing items and try and get some good hold ones too. Abilities too.

Also sadly luck is very important. The amount of times my main team have just ALMOST died is staggering at this point. So I've been relatively blessed.

That's a nice font colour you used for future Sean. And I'm definitely not saying that because I'm biased towards the colour blue. Please use it more.

Future Sean will eventually stop existing, I'm afraid. He was only meant to be a Part 3 character because I was a year ahead in writing.

Speaking of Volta, I think v13 retconned her to no longer be an gym leader.  Like, I played a new v13 game and I don't recall any mention of Volta as a gym leader. Erick became the defacto gym leader of West Gearen.

But ERICK isn't an electricity name!? What is this madness!?

I suppose there really isn't a point in Volta being a gym leader anyway since we already have the badge.

(Not much point in her being a character at all really)

Also I thought Saki was the West Gearan leader at some point too?

Speaking of Erick, would you believe me if I say that v13 made Erick...worse? He literally talks in emoji, is a freaking weaboo, and sends letters to the league in very bad handwriting despite doing livestream of his games or some crap.

Okay so he's a Gen-Z zoomer then?

And I used to think he was alright...guess my only male friend in this game will forever be Huey.

Yeah, that artist stuff still confuses me. Mainly because it unfolds in the exact same way in v13. Who's the real thief here? The one who asked you to check out the painting, or the other guy?

I genuinely don't care any more. I'm just going to beat up every artist I see and hope a painting fall out.

Obviously that movie is made by a Kantonese. Those weirdos have this obsesision to make waifus out of everything. Do you know there's at least two games where the main premise is waifu ships? The huge boat ships? And not just any ordinary boats, but literal WWII boats! God damn Kantonese...

Unova should have finished the job if you ask me.

...I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish this is an anime. So I could see some hot yuri action hehhcebgeuygeyugeuggeu

Sorry, my nose suddenly bleed and messed up the keyboard. I wonder what caused it...

Eugh.

That's all I have to say to that mess.

And nosebleeds are just metaphors for erections.

On 9/26/2021 at 3:03 PM, YinYang9705 said:

who uses their first name for their professor title

have they learned nothing from professor oak

You mean Professor Sam?

wow all that effort for nothing

rip past sean

at least theres always the spore option?

YEP. THANKS ONCE AGAIN V13!

The spore option is what I go with. Spore was the easy part.

The real bitch was waiting for a wild Aipom to use Baton Pass.

poor madelis she keeps getting molested by her bosses

not even she deserves that

She kinda does.

Problem is molestation is a nearly impossible thing to justify as a punishment.

Like nobody would say "justice was done" because a serial killer was molested. They'd be confused more than anything.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:53 AM, Dex said:

Well whatever. I don't think I get much new viewers anyway. You all know what this shit is about.

Yep it's been about the same 10 people or so for the last couple of years at this point. I think the sheer length (heh) might scare people off, I was lucky enough to latch on during the hiatus between Part 1 and Part 2, gave me plenty of time to read through.

10 or so repliers anyway. I'd be very worried for your mental healths if you were reading the run two hundred times each to make up the near 2000 view increase between this chapter and the last.

Shit, really? I was hoping people would be attracted by the high views and think "well this must be good". 

I always like replying to new commenters too...such a shame.

My next question is where the hell some of the old commenters went? DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG!?

I legit have no idea. It shows up several chapters later perfectly whole, though it may just have been a different one.

It was probably a different Arbok.

I don't know any snake that can survive decapitation, even magic Pokemon ones.

This chapter is basically her big day out.

Hahaha what the fuck? I had no idea that's what happened to it in the end. I kinda drifted off the anime when they went through Kanto again for the Battle Frontier.

Eyup. Ash trades Aipom to Dawn, since the little monkey likes contests so much. It evolved then got into Ping Pong so much that Dawn gave her away so she could fufill her "dreams". It's honestly the dumbest possible thing that could have happened, which is a shame because the monkey kicked ass in pretty much every battle she was in.

Like...does it happen in the new content of V13 or is she better in the early game?

Because I don't really want the latter, I liked her being terrible so I could rag on her for being so terrible.

She's better in early game and onwards (not by much, but they at least have her start to acknowledge how much of a shit she is, so there's that). They also make it so that you fight Venam before you go off on your little field trip with Melia, which makes the whole Gearen city arc flow MUCH better.

Oh well THAT makes a lot more sense than wasting time when Melia's being hunted down.

Does Karrina still fucking keep the Rock Smash Tm though? That part never made sense to me.

Like who the fuck let her keep that from people?

Spoiler

Wow this might be the quickest update between chapters since like 2018.

Well I did take a two week break so it wasn't hard.

Called a criminal in the first sentence of the chapter. That sounds about right.

Sadly, yes. I cannot deny that anymore.

I am become crime.

Let's be honest like 90 percent of the region has some kind of mental disorder, the frankly rabid fairy girls (I think every single one I've seen is flat out insane) don't stand out as much as they should.

Hey, better than Reborn at least? Important character wise at least.

All of those people are pretty much fucked in the head.

Also after a certain point it qualifies as self defense dealing with them because I distinctly remember at least one mentioning something about knives or scissors.

Oh that was Mary, the girl who apparently lives in Darchlight woods!

No red flags there, I'm sure.

I can just feel the love between you and your mons here. Nothing more heartwarming than seeing a Tangrowth strangle hug his trainer.

We're one big happy family deep down.

It's just that our family outings involve a lot of violence is all.

I won't lie seeing Plusle's head inflate larger and larger made me laugh. 

Heh. Glad you liked it but I actually just made the face smaller.

Jennerson doesn't sound TOO bad, I've heard worse. Hell half the Xen grunts have dumber names.

Yes but SOME of those could be code names. Jennerson has no fucking chance of being one.

Crushing the hopes and dreams of each trainer in this damn city one at time is the derogatory way. Especially since now it's shown even they can take one of your mons if luck isn't on your side. Poor Bluster. . .

What were the fucking chances of it, in fairness? 

Adventure time with Sean and Rose. . .  that's just a child friendly version of this Nuzlocke to be honest. Also Caesar continues to be a pretty great straight man to your shenanigans. Hope he never bites it. . . 

Adventure Time was a pretty creepy show at points.

From the two episodes I've seen of it with the undead demon thing and the lemon eating his brother anyway.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH FORESHADOWING!?!?!?

No. He's fine for now.

Ambipom is better with Technician, but even then Dawn would be really fragile. You're probably right in her being better as a pickup mon. I've seen some timely Pickups come in clutch. 

She is literally my only source of Full Restores in this game later on.

I wish I powerleveled her to 90 before the Level Cap restriction came into place though. Then I'd have a 30% chance instead of a 10% one.

Oh man you're plan with Beret was inspired to say the least. But as you already know, that plan was destined to fail from the start. You can always use her to copy one of the Gym Leader's custom moves maybe?

I did some copy-pasting of the Madame X fight in RPG Maker when I came up with it to test it out and it actually fucking worked.

Even the V13 version of the plan that I said above to No-Name worked.

But alas. Completely pointless.

I'd steal Melia's OP Gilded Arrows if I could but because it hits twice I don't think Sketchy would survive even with Focus Sash.

The meeting with Madelis. . . I love the implication that she's been walking around with this gaping wound for like a week without too much ill effect. 

I think she's only had it two days so far. Team Xen probably have a teleporter between their base and GDC.

Still impressive. But it was still just a flesh wound.

Cassandra continues to be an okay villain character. Like others mentioned, it's kinda too bad the MC doesn't interact with her more. Also V13 isn't even trying to do any kind of "redemption" for her, she's basically evil through and through and I'm kinda glad for it.

Jan probably doesn't want me flirting with her so well she joins my side.

Yes that's probably it.

Good. More villians should be irredeemable.

God help this game if Geara ever starts to get any redemption.

Only thing that annoying twerp is getting is a swim in some lava.

Also Cassandra ordering Maddie to beg doesn't help the whole bad touch vibes either.

I for one, enjoy our hot molesty mayor.

All Hail Cassandra!

• Thanks 1

Just let Zira follow her dreams without ruining her late-night snacks. Besides, I thought you'd want to be done with Veronica. At least if she was eaten you wouldn't have to deal with this stupidity from her. Only Lavender's.

Wake up Sean! Your Pokemon, my comments, all the time and effort you spent writing this "run" none of it is real, you're currently in a hospital after experiencing what we call a Meliaout, a pretty serious condition but there is still hope, some claim that hypnotherapy works so in 3..2..1..wake up!

And my favorite NPC in this whole region is back! I almost hope for Karen to go berserk and demolish half of the city.

The Melia&friends group grows once more, at this rate by endgame you'll have like a hundred angsty teenagers following you.

Don't blame Lavender for being stupid she's actually more intelligent than the average person in this godforsaken region.

When will you finally let Zira have a snack? It's just Venam, who cares?

Funny how life works

you think your enemies sent you a bomb but it turns out to be your crazy wife mailing herself from a different dimeinsion

will wonders never cease

everyone know enabling awful people to keep talking will never lead to anything bad happeneing

god huey its like you dont even tumblr

that edit reminds me

where's our cart racing spinoff TPC

you dipped into gatcha and mobas theres no depth you wont sink this IP to at this point

And the answer for who's my Pokemon with filter is....hmm, is it a spoiler if I described the fanmade Regional form added to this game? I doubt you get this particular regional form, unless Nuzlocke allows you to revisit a previous area that has been revamped due to version changes and catch a Pokemon there. Ah, well. I just put it in spoilers:

Spoiler

And the answer is...

Aevium-Palossand(Hard Castle Form)!

image.png.965d9d5bf863ce2ca7a1869549c31474.png

I caught my lovely Benteng in Valor Mountain. There's also a Lava Moat form(Fire/Ghost) and Cream Igloo(Ice/Ghost), but I prefer Rock/Ghost form, because:

-Saying (Castle/Lava/Cream) Form sounds cooler than saying (Rock/Fire/Ice) Form. Even though the latter is what they are officially refered as.

-Castle form has, well, Filter. Which is an awesome ability

Some highlights of this cute rock spirit is:

-Has 85/110/75 bulk. Seems decent in my eyes. And with filter added in...

-It also can learn Recover,  Giga Drain, Iron Defense, Arenite Wall(If you're in the desert), giving it more lasting power

-It Special Attack is also pretty neat. 100 is a pretty nice number, and doesn't make it completely passive.

Which is why I love my cute little Benteng. He help me a lot in various battles, especially that desert grunts quest. It's too bad you couldn't get it though. Unless there's some loophole you could exploit...

Full Info about this Pokemon are taken from here:

Thanks for the advice, Derogatory Trainer. I'll be sure to take it to heart.

Now I just need to get RNG on my side. Do you know where I can sacrifice some Wooloo?

Hmm, I don't recall if v13 ever mentioned Saki used to be a West Gearen gym leader. Or maybe I miss it?

Eagle's are awesome...I love them. Which is why Corviknight's and Skarmory's my favourite. Aside from, you know, steel types.

Karen might also train Psychic types as well. Because psychic powers? And Garufan LunaRock fusion?

Actually, I have a theory. What if each elite 8 member specializes in two types?

Tesla has a Talonflame and a Charizard. Karen maybe uses a LunaRock fusion. 

"Wouldn't that make Tesla weak to stealth rock?" Someone might say. Ehem, field effects?

As for the other Elite 8,...I'm still don't know what type they use. v13 revealed 2 more Elite 8, but their battlestyles are unknown. Hmm, I require more information...

You aren't really fond of remakes, are you?...That's fair. It's hard for remakes to recapture the magic of the classics. Just like the new Advance Wars remake coming up. I'm MEGA excited when I heard Advance Wars is returning this year. Because the last Advance War game...is TEN years ago! For a while, I thought the fandom would be dead! But I'm not really fond of the 3d battle animations. Looks waaay too toyish. 

The animation when they use their powers is awesome though. Can't wait to see what the villains' power animations look like.

Sean: Get a man who'll look at you like Huey looks at Lavender, ladies.

Me: *Chanting HueyxLavender repeatedly in the background, as a shipper would do*

I find it impressive, Derogatory that you managed to give Venam the medicine while wrestling Zira. You truly care for Melia, huh?

Burn him hotter, Zira. Wipe away any trace of sympathy for Melia.

Don't, uh, eat Melia though. I'm not like the other readers, who are clearly shoulders on Sean's devils, chanting how Zira should eat Melia. When Derogatory says 'no', he means 'no' guys!

Did getting beaten repeatedly by Sean made Venam smarter? She keeps making sense in this episode! Wish that would happen to other characters though...

But if Venam becomes more sensible, does this mean this is the start of her redemption? But, but, but how am I supposed to make fun of her after this?

Venam: It seems pretty odd for someone like you to just wander the streets past midnight.

You know, if I never played this game, and someone showed me this scene ouf of context, I'd probably thought Lavender is up to some....naughty stuff. 

What? Nightime on the street is when lots of naughty stuff happen!

On 10/2/2021 at 9:53 AM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

10 or so repliers anyway. I'd be very worried for your mental healths if you were reading the run two hundred times each to make up the near 2000 view increase between this chapter and the last.

Shit, really? I was hoping people would be attracted by the high views and think "well this must be good". 

I always like replying to new commenters too...such a shame.

My next question is where the hell some of the old commenters went? DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG!?

Yeah, it's mostly the same people replying. Hey at least it means you have a consistent base! 

Also I do go back a read an old chapter for the hell of it. The whole Valor Mountain climb is still probably my favorite set of chapters in the run.

Yeah a lot of names I noticed on the old Taptalk forum flat out don't post anymore. They're probably dead. . . or just moved on/real life got in the way. Either or.

Oh well THAT makes a lot more sense than wasting time when Melia's being hunted down.

Does Karrina still fucking keep the Rock Smash Tm though? That part never made sense to me.

Like who the fuck let her keep that from people?

Nope, that bit is gone. You, Ren, and Venam get rid of the Xen grunts in Gearan then board the train to Sheridan village.  Honestly that whole section with the first 4 gyms has changed pretty radically. It honestly looks great.

Hey, better than Reborn at least? Important character wise at least.

All of those people are pretty much fucked in the head.

Honestly I wouldn't want to live in either Region, though at least Reborn is upfront about all the crazies running around.

She is literally my only source of Full Restores in this game later on.

I wish I powerleveled her to 90 before the Level Cap restriction came into place though. Then I'd have a 30% chance instead of a 10% one.

Can you even buy Full Restores at this point, its honestly astounding if not at the levels your at now.

I did some copy-pasting of the Madame X fight in RPG Maker when I came up with it to test it out and it actually fucking worked.

Even the V13 version of the plan that I said above to No-Name worked.

But alas. Completely pointless.

I'd steal Melia's OP Gilded Arrows if I could but because it hits twice I don't think Sketchy would survive even with Focus Sash.

Maybe if you find a way to lower the Special Attack of the mon using it ahead of time? Enough to keep Beret alive for those two hits barring crits of course.

Spoiler

Vampire Sean. . . we'll you'd certainly be more useful outside of Pokemon battles that for sure, barring that whole sunlight kills you issue. I'm surprised you didn't just throw a Zubat at Caesar instead of a real bat.

Well, it's not a bomb at least but after seeing what's inside the first one, you're kinda left wishing it was a bomb. Or an Electrode considering this is Pokemon.

Oh boy the return of Karen. I would have suggested running away myself, but your Blue Man Group idea was. . . inspired?

I was waiting for her to drop that marriage bombshell on everyone and the reactions did not disappoint. We just need to run into Karrina again and it'll be all set. Bummer it'll be a VERY long time before you run into either of them again.

You ever think about the fact that you're gonna have to battle this lady at some point, her being Elite 8 and all? Maybe if you beat her she'll let you file for divorce?

WHAT ABOUT ME SCREAMS LITTLE DOVE TO YOU MELIA!?!?

I AM NOT SOME PEACE LOVIN' PIDGEON! AT LEAST LET ME BE A COOL BIRD!

LIKE AN EAGLE, A FALCON OR EVEN A CONDOR!

Funnily enough, V13 grants your wish here at least for a little while. And it comes from Mariannette of all people.

Venam even got a good oneliner on you, which must mean hell has actual frozen over.

Allen and Alice are good kids, I honestly like them. It's funny just seeing them walk around and not understand the world. Kinda sad when you think about it but mostly funny.

Erin leaving is honestly how I would react to all this after a certain point. The whole thing sounds like something made while on something particularly strong.

At this point Rhodea should be charging rent, this apartment is getting crowded. 

Also Lavender pulls like the dumbest move ever. God if she had just said something, we could have staged an ambush. We know now it's just one person, it would have been a 4 on 1 at the VERY least. Argh, gotta have that drama I guess.

There's not too many scenarios where a man in the his mid twenties standing over two teenage girls sleeping is not sketchy but at least you have semi good intentions behind it?

Zira's determination to have Melia snacks is impressive and disturbing. If the theories about Madame X shake out, maybe she'll be a good substitute?

This is the point where Venam has a big think about how much of a shit she's been throughout the game and it's a pretty decent scene. Unfortunately, Lavender's dumbass moment means that development doesn't get followed up for awhile.

Who's that Pokemon, it's clearly Jigglypuff seen from above!

https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/the-terribly-titled-nuzlocke-of-pokemon-rejuvenation-part-3-chapter-119-loss-png.1076/page-62#post-848907

It is with a heavy heart that I post the link above.

I never wanted it to come to this...*sob*

OH POOR VERONICA VASELINE!

Anyway here are your replies:

Spoiler
On 10/2/2021 at 5:14 PM, Lspaceship said:

Just let Zira follow her dreams without ruining her late-night snacks. Besides, I thought you'd want to be done with Veronica. At least if she was eaten you wouldn't have to deal with this stupidity from her. Only Lavender's.

"Sean, please give your lion an ACTUAL taste for human flesh by eating the (second) most important character to the whole story" is all I hear.

As much as I'd like too (not much really) how the fuck do we continue the Nuzlocke/story without Melia?

Like I ask that as a genuine question.

TELL ME.

On 10/2/2021 at 5:24 PM, Gaunt said:

Wake up Sean! Your Pokemon, my comments, all the time and effort you spent writing this "run" none of it is real, you're currently in a hospital after experiencing what we call a Meliaout, a pretty serious condition but there is still hope, some claim that hypnotherapy works so in 3..2..1..wake up!

And my favorite NPC in this whole region is back! I almost hope for Karen to go berserk and demolish half of the city.

The Melia&friends group grows once more, at this rate by endgame you'll have like a hundred angsty teenagers following you.

Don't blame Lavender for being stupid she's actually more intelligent than the average person in this godforsaken region.

When will you finally let Zira have a snack? It's just Venam, who cares?

Oh thank god. I can blame the COMA for wasting my life instead of doing these fucking Nuzlockes. What a relief!

Ah yes, I'd forgot you were a Karen fan. Well she's not going to appear again until Part 5. I find her passed out in the desert there.

Which means I'll be virtually unstoppable since nothing is more powerful in anime than angsty TEENAGERS!

She hasn't really shown herself to be thus far. She's polite and MAYBE intelligent but I'd rather have wise characters at this point.

She wasn't going for Venam. It was the girl NEXT to Venam that we unfortunately need to finish this story!

On 10/2/2021 at 7:43 PM, J-Awesome_One said:

Ching Chong who?

Hmmm... I guess you can say Aelita is, or was, but uhh... not now.

I buy both versions of the game ever since the regular red & blue.

I'm pretty sure wrapping them in bubble wrap would kill them.

I think you can figure it out by listening to this video.

But she WILL BE AGAIN!

Look at this actual madman. WHY though?

Not their heads or anything! Just their torsos so they don't get bruised! You've clearly never mailed yourself before.

Banging around a post-truck isn't comfy at all.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:48 AM, YinYang9705 said:

Funny how life works

you think your enemies sent you a bomb but it turns out to be your crazy wife mailing herself from a different dimension

will wonders never cease

everyone know enabling awful people to keep talking will never lead to anything bad happeneing

god huey its like you dont even tumblr

that edit reminds me

where's our cart racing spinoff TPC

you dipped into gatcha and mobas theres no depth you wont sink this IP to at this point

Life is the biggest cosmic joker in the universe.

Probably because nobody else makes any.

Like how Melia constantly talks down to villains after I've beaten them which gives them enough strength to cutscene attack us.

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Isn't twitter the new tumblr?

Well...we had Pokemon Dash?

And it was actual fucking garbage so maybe they're shy?

But seriously fuck Pokemon Dash.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:38 AM, No name said:

Somehow I have a feeling that I would have been one of the people who went around screaming "Snape kills Dumbledore" when the Half-Blood Prince first came out to spoil it for everyone. 

That came out in the summer so I already had it read long before school started again.

But yes, you probably would have.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:44 AM, Hakimblue99 said:

And the answer for who's my Pokemon with filter is....hmm, is it a spoiler if I described the fanmade Regional form added to this game? I doubt you get this particular regional form, unless Nuzlocke allows you to revisit a previous area that has been revamped due to version changes and catch a Pokemon there. Ah, well. I just put it in spoilers:

Oh I know about the Regional Forms.

And how I can't get most of them due to starting this fucking thing five years ago.

Spoiler

And the answer is...

Aevium-Palossand(Hard Castle Form)!

image.png.965d9d5bf863ce2ca7a1869549c31474.png

I caught my lovely Benteng in Valor Mountain. There's also a Lava Moat form(Fire/Ghost) and Cream Igloo(Ice/Ghost), but I prefer Rock/Ghost form, because:

-Saying (Castle/Lava/Cream) Form sounds cooler than saying (Rock/Fire/Ice) Form. Even though the latter is what they are officially refered as.

-Castle form has, well, Filter. Which is an awesome ability

Some highlights of this cute rock spirit is:

-Has 85/110/75 bulk. Seems decent in my eyes. And with filter added in...

-It also can learn Recover,  Giga Drain, Iron Defense, Arenite Wall(If you're in the desert), giving it more lasting power

-It Special Attack is also pretty neat. 100 is a pretty nice number, and doesn't make it completely passive.

Which is why I love my cute little Benteng. He help me a lot in various battles, especially that desert grunts quest. It's too bad you couldn't get it though. Unless there's some loophole you could exploit...

*Sigh*

I caught a regular Palossand on the Route 9 beach and Turtonator in Mt.Valor.

No way I can get that one now. Looks pretty cool too.

At least I can get Aevium Milotic. But I think that's the only one who's capture area I haven't already used.

Thanks for the advice, Derogatory Trainer. I'll be sure to take it to heart.

Now I just need to get RNG on my side. Do you know where I can sacrifice some Wooloo?

Man, I've never even seen a Wooloo in any game, I've no fucking clue.

Hmm, I don't recall if v13 ever mentioned Saki used to be a West Gearen gym leader. Or maybe I miss it?

I heard she was in the earlier versions but now I don't know shit about what's happening anymore.

Eagle's are awesome...I love them. Which is why Corviknight's and Skarmory's my favourite. Aside from, you know, steel types.

Corviknight is pretty cool. One of the few Galar mons I actually like.

Never was that fond of Skarmory though. I wasn't the defensive type of trainer.

Karen might also train Psychic types as well. Because psychic powers? And Garufan LunaRock fusion?

Garufan witchery isn't Psychic powers as far as I know.

Also she wasn't part of that quest so no.

I think she just likes gemstone wearing Pokemon.

Actually, I have a theory. What if each elite 8 member specializes in two types?

Tesla has a Talonflame and a Charizard. Karen maybe uses a LunaRock fusion. 

"Wouldn't that make Tesla weak to stealth rock?" Someone might say. Ehem, field effects?

Your theory is incorrect and terrible.

Especially with another mention of the Soltone fusion. I'm the only one with the key to do that, remember?

As for the other Elite 8,...I'm still don't know what type they use. v13 revealed 2 more Elite 8, but their battlestyles are unknown. Hmm, I require more information...

Won't get it.

You aren't really fond of remakes, are you?...That's fair. It's hard for remakes to recapture the magic of the classics. Just like the new Advance Wars remake coming up. I'm MEGA excited when I heard Advance Wars is returning this year. Because the last Advance War game...is TEN years ago! For a while, I thought the fandom would be dead! But I'm not really fond of the 3d battle animations. Looks waaay too toyish. 

I just don't want to play the same fucking thing I did years ago again unless there's a fairly decent change. It's remasters I don't like the most. Could never get into Advance Wars. Preferred Fire Emblem.

Sean: Get a man who'll look at you like Huey looks at Lavender, ladies.

Me: *Chanting HueyxLavender repeatedly in the background, as a shipper would do*

And I would shoot you on sight as I would do if I spotted ANY shipper.

But hey, HueyxLavender is the only GOOD relationship in this game so I might as well live vicariously through it.

I find it impressive, Derogatory that you managed to give Venam the medicine while wrestling Zira. You truly care for Melia, huh?

I threw it in the door when I yanked Zira back by the tail.

And no. I just dislike when a Pokemon disobeys my orders.

Burn him hotter, Zira. Wipe away any trace of sympathy for Melia.

Don't, uh, eat Melia though. I'm not like the other readers, who are clearly shoulders on Sean's devils, chanting how Zira should eat Melia. When Derogatory says 'no', he means 'no' guys!

That won't stop them or her.

Besides I think the other readers are MOSTLY only having fun. Because what the fuck am I supposed to do if Zira actually ate Melia?

She's in a lot of fucking scenes, y'know?

Did getting beaten repeatedly by Sean made Venam smarter? She keeps making sense in this episode! Wish that would happen to other characters though...

Some of her lines were edited in by me but mostly she saw this nonsense for what it was.

AND THEN MELIA SAID "NO" SO SHE SHUT UP.

But if Venam becomes more sensible, does this mean this is the start of her redemption? But, but, but how am I supposed to make fun of her after this?

Make statue jokes like I did.

Venam: It seems pretty odd for someone like you to just wander the streets past midnight.

You know, if I never played this game, and someone showed me this scene ouf of context, I'd probably thought Lavender is up to some....naughty stuff. 

What? Nightime on the street is when lots of naughty stuff happen!

I don't want to know what kind of streets you're living in.

Nobody does naughty stuff on the street here. It's too cold.

On 10/5/2021 at 3:50 AM, Dex said:

Yeah, it's mostly the same people replying. Hey at least it means you have a consistent base! 

Also I do go back a read an old chapter for the hell of it. The whole Valor Mountain climb is still probably my favorite set of chapters in the run.

Yeah a lot of names I noticed on the old Taptalk forum flat out don't post anymore. They're probably dead. . . or just moved on/real life got in the way. Either or.

I NEED MORE SOU-I MEAN READERS, DEX! MOOOORRRREEEE!!!

I don't think I have any favourites myself...maybe the tournament when we get to it?

They never migrated to the new land like I did. 

But the ones that did and still have only commented after the first chapter saying "this run looks interesting" were LIARS.

Nope, that bit is gone. You, Ren, and Venam get rid of the Xen grunts in Gearan then board the train to Sheridan village.  Honestly that whole section with the first 4 gyms has changed pretty radically. It honestly looks great.

WELL FUCK JAN FOR NOT DOING IT SOONER!

Because now my ENTIRE run is obsolete and everyone will MOCK me for it!

Honestly I wouldn't want to live in either Region, though at least Reborn is upfront about all the crazies running around.

You're also far more likely to die sooner in the game though. What with all the vines exploding through most of the city at the start. I'd move to Aevium myself. Could start a business that cons stupid people out of their money. I'd make a fortune!

Can you even buy Full Restores at this point, its honestly astounding if not at the levels your at now.

No.

Not even when I reach Level 85 can I buy them.

All I have is MILK.

Maybe if you find a way to lower the Special Attack of the mon using it ahead of time? Enough to keep Beret alive for those two hits barring crits of course.

I don't think there's a Special Attack version of Intimidate though...because that big chicken is going to outspeed pretty much every Pokemon I have...

Spoiler

Vampire Sean. . . we'll you'd certainly be more useful outside of Pokemon battles that for sure, barring that whole sunlight kills you issue. I'm surprised you didn't just throw a Zubat at Caesar instead of a real bat.

Well where am I going to get a ZUBAT, Dex?

Don't you know how rare and valuable they are in the Aevium region!?

I burned down a whole town for one!

Well, it's not a bomb at least but after seeing what's inside the first one, you're kinda left wishing it was a bomb. Or an Electrode considering this is Pokemon.

Not like it'd matter to me. Madame X will just fix it for me like the BITCH she is!

Oh boy the return of Karen. I would have suggested running away myself, but your Blue Man Group idea was. . . inspired?

MY MENTAL ENERGIES WERE LOW, DEX!
I'M A CONSTITUTION/STRENGTH BUILD! I AIN'T GOT NO TIME FOR SISSY MAGIC!

I was waiting for her to drop that marriage bombshell on everyone and the reactions did not disappoint. We just need to run into Karrina again and it'll be all set. Bummer it'll be a VERY long time before you run into either of them again.

Yeah.

And of course they try to kill each other.

I feel like I'm the only one trying to make this family work.

You ever think about the fact that you're gonna have to battle this lady at some point, her being Elite 8 and all? Maybe if you beat her she'll let you file for divorce?

It'll be fiiiiiine. Besides, I'm so close to becoming Champion by that point I'll have to seriously start considering members for the harem!

And what's this "if" nonsense!? WHEN I beat her, Dex.

I'm never going to lose because I REFUSE to be the humbled arrogant character! It's too cliche!

WHAT ABOUT ME SCREAMS LITTLE DOVE TO YOU MELIA!?!?

I AM NOT SOME PEACE LOVIN' PIDGEON! AT LEAST LET ME BE A COOL BIRD!

LIKE AN EAGLE, A FALCON OR EVEN A CONDOR!

Funnily enough, V13 grants your wish here at least for a little while. And it comes from Mariannette of all people.

Marianette turns you into a bird?

The FUCK is going on in that version?

Venam even got a good oneliner on you, which must mean hell has actual frozen over.

More like Sean wrote in dialogue to make the scene funnier and then complimented himself about it so people would think it WASN'T him...for some reason...?

And hell will only freeze over if Chiller dies.

Unless he accepts Jesus into his heart and sneaks his way into heaven.

Allen and Alice are good kids, I honestly like them. It's funny just seeing them walk around and not understand the world. Kinda sad when you think about it but mostly funny.

I liked them too.

Rrrright up until we had to climb Eclypsia Pyramid. Then I started to heavily dislike them.

That whoooole fucking segment annoyed the hell out of me.

Erin leaving is honestly how I would react to all this after a certain point. The whole thing sounds like something made while on something particularly strong.

Jan has no need for paltry drugs to make him write crazy shit.

It's all natural for him.

At this point Rhodea should be charging rent, this apartment is getting crowded. 

Well if it makes you feel any better, all our fucking rooms get downgrade in the next version.

I go from sleeping in a huge, ritzy room to a fucking closet by comparison.

Also Lavender pulls like the dumbest move ever. God if she had just said something, we could have staged an ambush. We know now it's just one person, it would have been a 4 on 1 at the VERY least. Argh, gotta have that drama I guess.

Everything and anything for pointless extension of the game.

Like does asthma stop you from saying the Stoner's incredibly short name? I don't think so.

There's not too many scenarios where a man in the his mid twenties standing over two teenage girls sleeping is not sketchy but at least you have semi good intentions behind it?

Yes I did.

I had to react to the scene to give you all a few chuckles.

The most noble intentions of all...

Zira's determination to have Melia snacks is impressive and disturbing. If the theories about Madame X shake out, maybe she'll be a good substitute?

I suppose it would...if being evil doesn't taint the meat at least.

Honestly, I feel like I'd rather keep Madame X in a cage near my throne and throw peanut shells at her.

Death is...too easy.

This is the point where Venam has a big think about how much of a shit she's been throughout the game and it's a pretty decent scene. Unfortunately, Lavender's dumbass moment means that development doesn't get followed up for awhile.

Well that's what Veronica gets for trying to improve her character in Rejuvenation!

We needed her for the punk girl quota and she thinks she can just throw that AWAY!?

No sir. Two weeks as a statue it is!

Who's that Pokemon, it's clearly Jigglypuff seen from above!

Why are you all so STUPID?

It's clearly a MEDUSA!

GOD SO DUMB!

As much as I'd like too (not much really) how the fuck do we continue the Nuzlocke/story without Melia?

Like I ask that as a genuine question.

TELL ME.

Well, people who have played the game and know things would know how we would do that but I'll put it in spoilers for people too sensible lazy to play this game.

Spoiler

We simply use her siblings as subsitutes

At least I can get Aevium Milotic. But I think that's the only one who's capture area I haven't already used.

That one is a gift mon, you ditz! A gift from Jan, at that!

Marianette turns you into a bird?

The FUCK is going on in that version?

I think you have to wear a maid outfit or something for that section of the game now. Idk, I haven't played it in v13.

Wait, you're taking my suggestions about Zira as sincere? I need to work on my digital literacy then. This was all supposed to be sarcastic. And I don't know, just continue obliterating Team Xen, now that they're demoralized by the loss of Melia?

Also, about the 'Oh mah gerd she's stone!' I honestly don't really care that much? I played through this originally on v12, and she's not really a sympathetic character? She didn't change that much until after this, so it's just a 'meh' reaction, because I didn't care about Melia during a v12 run of it, either. It was just something I'd have to solve.

And now, for our favorite creepy twins, Alice and Allen! They're honestly better than Melia and Veronica, IMO. Also I kind of actually want to see you try to feed them to Zira, as their plot-armor is more funny than frustrating, compared to the other two! And remember: Dream a dream so grand it becomes a nightmare!

Into the World of Dreams! Wooooo....meh this game tried (almost) everything at this point, what's next? Hell? As for nightmares the Puppet Master is probably a Darkrai (or has one)

30? Forget obese these kids should be dead (unless they are just Unowns in disguise) still it was a funny scene

What? Venam got turned to stone?

Spoiler

Was this really meant as a sad moment? After all her screwups? Honestly I'm just sad it won't last because plot armor (the stone jokes were ok)

I haven't cried in like 18 years (i think) "toxic masculinity" at it's best